Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
New World Tour Dates W/ Steven LaBrie Guest Singer
Latin Countries around the World till Oct 2022
The Guys Are On A Month Break. They Start Back On June 25, 2022 In Valencia, Spain
Saturday December 3rd UK Christmas Concerts Began. Ending December 16th In London, UK.
New USA Dates in AUG_SEPT, 2022 Look for Updates

No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat
Humor : I found it and as always the joke is on me!!

No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories   No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 2:54 pm

OK I agree with Matty YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

They do belong together.......

Now what happens will Sebastien stay with her?

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake
Humor : Dirty!!!

PostSubject: Re: No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories   No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 4:23 am

Chapter 13

Ayoooooooo. Mawnin.

Sorry. Shouldn't yawn and try to speak at the same time should I? I'll try again.

Hello. Morning

Yes we're late getting up and we're running late too.

Yes I said we and no Sébastien and I did not sleep together. Not in bed anyway. We've decided to start afresh and take things slowly.

We fell asleep on the couch after talking until the early hours of the morning.

Excuse me. I can hear those chuckles you know. A little decorum ladies if you please.

That's better

Oh he's taken Matty to school, he'll be exhausted when he gets back. Don't laugh but they've decided to run it.

What did we talk about?

Well Sébastien started off by asking why none of our old friends could find me in Paris. Truth is I only came back to live in the city a few weeks ago. I love the place and got kind of homesick even though I was living just a few miles outside the city in a place Camille's parents owned but didn't live in. That's why no-one in Paris knew about Matty. I told him that I was amazed I haven't bumped into any of our friends since I've been back. Then he asked who else the orchestra had being playing with since I joined and I rattled of a few well known names. I'm not going to go into details, it would take me way too long to list them here.

Then we got onto the subject of his career. His part in 'La Petit Prince' hadn't proved the distraction he thought it would with regard to our relationship ending. He thought I'd been in the audience one night and his heart had jumped for joy, but when he looked a little closer at the woman who sat on the very end of the first row he recognised her immediately. Aimée had attended his final performance and she'd walked away at the end laughing her head off. Bitch!

Sorry. But. Well. You understand. Right?

Right!

Anyway let's get off that subject shall we?

Oh he told me all about the touring he'd done. How much he enjoyed visiting each country and meeting fans from all over the world. How some of you follow from country to country to country. He told me about the gifts he and the others had received, especially about the one that had made a buzzing noise. No further information on that subject was requested or given. I left one that to my imagination. He told me how wonderful you all are, never asking questions about his private life and so on.

Got to admit I like that.

Then we got on to the subject of my operation and he asked how much it would cost and whereabouts in Canada I needed to go. So I told him. Montreal and I would need at least three thousand Canadian dollars for the operation maybe even four. Then I would have to pay for the flights and accommodation for anything up to week afterwards. Camille had agreed to look after Matty for me if and when I ever saved up the money. Then he went quiet and I'm sure I heard cogs turning while he thought for a few minutes.

"One week is all it takes?" He asked when he finally started talking again.

"One week maximum." I nodded then asked him why.

"Because Canada is our next destination once we've finished in mainland Europe. We have four days off before we kick off with three dates in Montreal. What I'm thinking is that you, me and Matty fly out there as soon as we've finished and by the time we're ready to leave Montreal you'll have had your operation and had the time to recover. That would work wouldn't it?" He'd asked excitedly.

I'd nodded that it could. "But I just don't have the money yet Seb."

I heard a long exasperated sigh before Sébastien spoke again. "Zoé, I love you but sometimes you can be the most exaspertingly stubborn woman. I'm going to pay for the operation."

"Seb No." I closed my eyes and shook my head then felt fingers pressed against my lips when I tried to object a little.

"Shut up. No arguments." He insisted with a gentle kiss on my lips.

From the tone of his voice I realised he was serious and would have no chance of changing his mind so, with tears flooding my eyes, I nodded my agreement.

Then we'd both curled up together on the couch while he watched and I listened to 'The Birds' on tv. Scary film that, even for a blind person. We were both asleep before the film finished and were only woken by a slightly anxious Matty giving the pair of us a good shake while he yelled at us to wake up or he was going to be late for school.

Breakfast had been a slightly rushed affair.

Why is it nothing goes right when you're in hurry?

I dropped two eggs on the floor while I was making Matty's favourite scrambled eggs on toast. Sébastien helped Matty get ready for school while I cooked and almost slipped on the dropped eggs when he came dashing into the kitchen to say that Matty couldn't find his bag in his room. I held my hand up to stop him just in time. I told him where Matty bag was then listened as he cleaned up the mess I'd made. The pair had demolished breakfast before you could blink and left the apartment tornado fashion leaving me to take a few minutes to catch my breath and have a shower.

Oh. There's door and a familiar Frenchman shouting that he's back. Good job I gave him the passcode to get back in huh? He sounds like he's run a marathon.

"The postman was downstairs as I arrived." Sébastien informs as he drops a quick kiss on my lips before handing me my mail.

Electricity bill and a braille letter from a friend of mine who's just got married and moved to Australia with his wife.

Oh the electricity bill is in braille. That's how I know.

There's another envelope. Square and embossed with what feels like two hearts entwined. I need someone sighted to tell me what this is so excuse for a moment.

"What's this one?" I ask a still panting Sébastien as I hand the envelope over.

"Looks like some sort of invitation. Do you want me to open it and........" Sébastien begins. "Of course you do. Stupid question." He tuts while I giggle.

"Well?" I ask because he's gone very quiet. Even the panting has stopped and it's become deep breathing.

"It's a wedding invitation........." He pauses to take another deep breath. ".......from Aimée."

Ok questions.

1. What idiot is going to be dumb enough to marry her?

2. How did she know where I live?

"What does it say?" I ask nonchalantly.

"Basically that you and a guest are invited to attend her marriage to.........I can't read his name.......Andr.......André something or other. The writing is awful. I can't make out the last name Zoé. I'm sorry."

"It's ok. Erm.......When and where?"

"Twelve o'clock. A church on the other side of town. Three month's from tomorrow." Sébastien grunts loudly. "Two days after our tour finishes."

I relax back into the couch and think for a moment or two and an evil little smirk finds its way onto my lips.

"This invite's been around a bit Zoé, there are three different addresses on the envelope. Our old place, somewhere just outside the city and here." Sébastien informs, obviously without looking at me.

So that answers one question. The invitation's been re-directed twice. That's how it found me.

Fate intervening again do you think?

"Zoé Voiget, what are you thinking?" Sébastien asks as he finally sits down next to me and obviously looks at me.

I'm going to whisper this so, you're not going to know. Keep you hanging I suppose.

"You wouldn't!!" Sébastien exclaims loudly but with a giggle.

"The Hell I wouldn't." I reply loudly while I laugh.

"Oh you're cruel. That would be priceless." Sébastien laughs as he pulls me into his arms, gives me a slightly firmer kiss than the one he gave me before and tells me that he loves me.

"Would you?" I ask with a quick flick on of my eyebrows.

"Just to see the look on her face?" Sébastien questions with his forehead pressed against mine. "Oh absolutely." He nods.

Oops! Sorry.

Got to go otherwise we're going to be late for the arena.

You'll find out what I did in the final chapter.

Admin
Contessa

Goat
Humor : I found it and as always the joke is on me!!

PostSubject: Re: No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories   No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 9:39 am

Final Chapter already ??

Not Yet I Hope??

Glad she is getting her surgery and Sebastien will be there for Matty and her....

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake
Humor : Dirty!!!

PostSubject: Re: No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories   No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 4:08 am

Chapter 14

Oh hello again.

Has it been that long already?

Wow! Time has flown hasn't it?

Yes, yes, yes. I know you're all anxious to know what I got up to at Aimée's wedding but I think I'd better start from where we left off. Don't you?

Ok. Pull up a chair and make yourselves comfortable. 'Cos I'm probably about to make all you Cuties, Divas and Ubers pea green with envy.

Why?

Remember earlier how I told that blind people 'read' peoples faces so that they can get an idea of what they look like. Well besides Jane and Honey got to do that to Carlos......and David......and Urs.

What? You're not talking to me now.

Ok. I'll leave the story.........

Oh you want me to carryon and tell you how.

Right.

So. Sébastien and I left my apartment for the arena almost as quickly as he and Matty had. We walked quickly with my left arm linked through his right arm while my cane swung in my right. We arrived not long after the others, but instead of leaving me at the dressing room, Sébastien insisted that I go with him because he wanted to tell the guys the good news with me there.

To begin with I thought they were angry, particularly when he told them about Matty. I heard a lot of heavy sighing and even one audible swallow. It turned out that they were all very happy for Sébastien. The sighs were ones of relief at seeing him so happy and the audible swallow was Urs attempting to control his emotions, but failing just a touch.

Then Sébastien asked if they would mind if I 'read' their faces and explained how the process worked and why I wanted to do it. There were no objections at all and I did the women first. They both have beautiful faces and there wasn't a blemish on either of them.

It was Carlos's turn next and my hands shook like crazy as I made a start. We both made each other laugh though, he's incredibly funny and such a flirt. He made me laugh by waggling his eyesbrows while I felt his face, for which he received a quick swat on the arm from Jane. I made him laugh when I ran my fingers lightly over his cheek just in front of his ears. Turns out he's incredibly ticklish just there, or so Jane informed.

Next came David. I had to get him to sit down because it made my arms ache to reach up that high. I'm almost a foot shorter than him by the way so I think you'll understand the need for the chair. No matter how much he tried not to smile as my hands moved lightly over his face I kept finding that big broad grin he wears nearly all the time.

Finally the Swiss Rock God. What did they do with him? Chisel him out of stone or something? My God he's gorgeous and also ticklish just behind his ears or so my fingers found out while he tried not to giggle as he stood in front of me.

Once I'd finished, Sébastien informed me that they were all blushing. One, a little more than the other. I'm keeping it to myself as to who that was so don't even go there.

Shortly after that, a mobile rang and I heard Honey answer only to drop the handset a few moments later. I heard the concern in David's voice as he asked her what was wrong because she stood there in absolute shock. There was nothing to worry about though, turns out it was her agent calling to inform her that Beyonce's agent had called to say that she wanted to record a duet with her. Ecstatic was not the word I would have used to describe Honey's reaction. Oh she calmed down eventually, after about five minutes of whooping and jumping up and down.

The next few days were filled with rehearsals then we went on tour around Europe. Not wanting to miss any school because there were some exciting trips coming up, Matty decided he would rather stay with Henri and his family. Sébastien and I called him every night just before the concerts started. We didn't want to wait until afterwards because that would mean Matty waiting up until quite late for our calls. I do really like him to be in bed by eight at night.

With each day that passed my relationship with Sébastien got better and better. I've learned to trust him again and that trust is now so complete, nothing will ever break us apart again. I even took to travelling from venue to venue with the group, though sadly Jane and Honey had to fly back to the States after the first three concerts. They both had recording commitments they had to fullfil. I did miss them so much. Oh don't get me wrong. I made sure I hung out with the members of the orchestra at least once a week and somehow me and Jeanette managed to settle our differences, probably because she has a new man in her life. Can you even begin to imagine what the sight of over twenty women hitting the stores in Rome at one time looks like? I bet the assistants thought they were seeing things.

All too soon the tour in Europe ended and everyone piled onto the jet to fly to Montreal with a stopover in Paris to pick Matty up. Of course he was an instant hit with Carlos and Urs, but especially so with David. I think, if I hadn't put my foot down, Matty would have ended up with square eyes with the amount of time those two spent playing on the Playstation.

We were able to fit in one whole day together as a family before I had to go to the hospital for my operation. I was a little nervous and could only think of things going wrong until Sébastien and Matty gave me a hug and kiss and told me to stop thinking like that. To distract Matty while I was sleeping with my eyes held open, Sébastien took him out with Urs and together they showed him the sights of Montreal. He saw that much he made my head spin as he told me what he'd seen. If you want an idea of what he saw just do an image search on Google and see what it comes up with.

Hang on I need a drink. Thirsty work all this talking.

I spent the next day and half in complete darkness with padding stuck to my eyes. Eventually they were removed and as I slowly inched my eyes open in the dimly lit room the blurry face of my surgeon came into view. The more I blinked the more my vision seemed to clear, but it went misty again when I saw Sébastien and Matty approaching the chair I sat in. For the first time in almost six years I looked into our son's beautiful, tear-filled green eyes and I almost choked as he jumped onto my knee and held me tight while he told me he'd finally got the bestest present he ever could for his birthday even if it was a week early. Then I felt to adult hands holding my face and it was gently turned to meet another pair of tear-filled green eyes looking into my brown ones.

Tears flowed from each of us as we hugged each other while the doctor stood back and watched with a broad smile on his face. Shortly thereafter he coughed then informed that I would still have to wear dark glasses while I healed and that he wanted me to stay close for the next seven days just in case anything went wrong with the grafts. It's a shame someone had to die so that I could see again, but I give thanks every day for the fact that they made the decision they did. The world is a wonderous place after all and nothing gives me greater pleasure than to watch Matty playing happily with his father and his three uncles. Whenever, Honey and Jane are around they make a great fuss of him.

After I was allowed to leave hospital, Jane and Honey dragged me off to a beauty parlour for 'the works' as they called it. I came out with beautiful French manicured fingernails. I also had pedicure and a new hairstyle. Well it was about time, I'd worn it the same way for just over six years. The look on Sébastien's face when he saw me will stay with me forever, his eyes said it all. Let's just say he was very, very impressed. I think Matty said it best when he said that I looked more beautiful than he'd ever seen me. Sébastien could only nod in agreement as he made those funny noises in the back of his throat again before he pulled me into his arms and gave me one of those old kisses. The ones that leave me gasping for breath and weak at the knees.

So now we come to the part you've been waiting for I guess. Aimée's wedding.

We left Matty with Henri's mother and made our way to the church. Sébastien looked stunning in his navy blue Armani suit and a sky blue shirt with a matching tie. I dressed in bright pink so that I stood out a little. I wanted her to see me after all.

Anyway, we got the church and entered with everyone else. I didn't know a single person there, which came in handy. I didn't want Aimée to know I was actually there because I'd replied that I wasn't going to attend. Sébastien and I giggled like naughty schoolchildren as we sat in pew that had been placed near a pillar. There was no way she would have been able to spot us as she entered the church. Of course everyone stood as she entered the church looking like the cat that got the cream. A huge smile on her face as she walked down to the groom on someone's arm.

Once they were about halfway down I grabbed Sébastien's hand and we sneaked our way to the very back pew but sat with our heads down and tried not to giggle as the formalities were gone through. Everything went without a hitch and Aimée and her new husband started to walk back down the aisle. It was only as she reached us that Sébastien and I finally raised our heads to meet her smiling face. We stood there with broad smiles on our faces holding each other's hand comfortably tight.

Aimée stopped walking and the smile dropped as soon as she saw me and became a mask of acute embarrassment.

"Zoé, what the hell are you two doing here? I thought you replied that you weren't coming." She asked in a whisper while attempting to put the smile back on her face.

"So I did." I replied sarcastically. "But I wanted you to see this." I nodded as I looked up lovingly to a grinning, shoulder-shaking Sébastien. "This is a one time deal so take a good look at what you thought you'd destroyed. After we leave here today I never want to see or hear from you again. I have forgiven Sébastien for what happened six years ago, but I seriously doubt I will ever forgive you for the pain and misery you caused the both of us. Goodbye Aimée. I really hope your life is a happy one, though I seriously doubt it will be judging by the look your husband currently wears."

With that Sébastien and I slipped from the pew and made our to the church entrance still struggling not to break down into laughter. As we reached the door, we took one last look back to the bride and groom to see André demanding to know what happened between Aimée and Sébastien six years before. She flushed bright red, lowered her head and shook it vigorously. With that the two of us finally gave into our laughter, headed back to the car and took ourselves off to the top of the tower for a romantic meal followed by lots of dancing

Rather a classy way to handle things don't you think?

Oh I had thought of waiting until the reception to show myself. I'd thought of getting Aimée near some sort of gooey cake and shoving her face into it, that would have been hysterical, but I'm so much better than that.

I don't know what happened after that, nor do I care. The most important things to me now are raising our son together and living my life with Sébastien. That's all that matters.

Anyway I really have to go now. We do have a performance after all. This one is for a charity to help blind people see again.

The guys are touring again next year and I really do hope I get to see some of you.

Until then, take good care of yourselves and believe in the power of real love.

See you later.

Much love to you all.

Zoé
xx

THE END
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories   No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

No Second Chances - Third In A Series Of Four Short Stories
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2