Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

"We Came Here To Love".

"Timeless" New Il Divo CD released in August 2018.

Share | 

Newcastle UK, Metro Radio Arena - 12 Apr 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Contessa
Admin
Admin

Goat
Humor : I found it and as always the joke is on me!!

PostSubject: Newcastle UK, Metro Radio Arena - 12 Apr 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:52 am

My report from what I can remember about Newcastle!

What a fantastic night. the guys got a great reception at Newcastle, and were on fine form indeed. I was Row H on the side, and the views were great.
Their voices are as strong as they were at the beginning of the tour, and they delighted the audience.

Seb seemed especially happy, beaming at everyone, and blowing kisses, and Carlos did his usual 'Did you miss my curl' speech, and showed us his sexy moves! He just loves all the attention he gets!
There was a funny moment when Carlos came to the edge of the stage and pretended to teeter on the edge!

David as usual gave every song his all, and I just love watching and listening to him - he is such a performer!
I sometimes worry about how much strain he puts on himself during 'Adagio' but he just loves to perform that song, you can tell.
Adagio' and 'Bridge over Troubled water' are just incredible, I don't know why this song wasn't on the CD.

David encouraged everyone to clap along to the more up-tempo 'PQTME', and it was great fun.
Urs gave several blinky winks throughout the evening a blew kisses too. He was was on top form, gyrating to 'La Vida', and pulling faces!

Lots of the audience got up during 'La Vida' and encouraged by me, our row was up and dancing too, much to the embarrassment of my long suffering husband!
The guys really do enjoy this part of the show now.

Someone in the audience threw a frisbee at David and how he caught it. I'll never know - he was on one leg and his arm was fully stretched out...and that's a lot of man, but catch it he did, much to the relief of the orchestra I think!
Carlos said 'Good catch' afterwards.

One thing which was so sweet was at the end when they were going back to the main stage, Seb spied, I think it was a little girl, next to the walkway, crouched down, took out his ear piece and started to talk to her. From where I was I couldn't see it all, but he was given a lollipop, which he pretended to lick, and took it in his hand back to the stage! Aww just lovely, it shows how much he adores children.

Urs, I think it was, seemed to lose his cummerbund towards the end - don't know where that ended up!

While we waited for the guys to come back and do the encore, everyone at the small stage and especially the walkways, started drumming on them...it was very loud, and I'm sure the guys must have heard it.

I managed to get to the front and shake both Urs and David's hand, and was so happy to get up close.
The guys seem to love the adulation that gets heaped upon them at the end, and they try and shake as many hands as possible.

I'm not sure that trying to sign things as well is a good idea, as sometimes they seem to be struggling to hold on to flowers, mics and pices of paper and pens!

When the eventually went off after the encore, my hands were bright red with all the clapping and thumping on the walkways.

It was a brilliant concert, and the guys gave their all again, and what fun we all had.

Right some piccies. I apologise in advance for the lack of Carlos and Seb pics, they seemed to be on the other side more often than not.

Urs during either La Vida or PQTME

Borderbabe

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle UK, Metro Radio Arena - 12 Apr 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:53 am

More...hope they aren't too big.

Borderbabe

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle UK, Metro Radio Arena - 12 Apr 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:54 am

Borderbabe

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle UK, Metro Radio Arena - 12 Apr 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:55 am

Borderbabe

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle UK, Metro Radio Arena - 12 Apr 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:56 am

No, Anny on the contrary, Urs was getting into the groove with the music, and thoroughly having a good time too!

He was very happy that night...blowing kisses and blinky-winking all evening. He is so gorgeous close-up too....what beautiful skin and cheekbones!
Actually all the guys are better looking in the flesh, than pictures of them. Seb especially is the most gorgeously handsome man, and Carlos looks younger too.

Davey is just so young looking, and his enthusiasm at the shows is just so infectious! He tries to shake absolutely everyone's hand if he possibly can...he doesn't just do a few...You gotta love him for trying to make everyone's night. I definitely think I'm becoming a true Diva now....

Borderbabe

PostSubject: Re: Newcastle UK, Metro Radio Arena - 12 Apr 2009   

Back to top Go down

Newcastle UK, Metro Radio Arena - 12 Apr 2009
Page 1 of 1