Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALPORTAL  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"We Came Here To Love".

"Timeless" New Il Divo CD released in August 2018.

Share | 

The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Contessa
Admin
Admin

Goat
Humor : I found it and as always the joke is on me!!

PostSubject: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:10 pm

Please post your reports and pictures here.

ALL PICTURES POSTED IN THIS THREAD ARE NOT TO BE MOVED OR COPIED AND USED ON THE IL DIVO OFFICIAL FORUM....

THANK YOU

LG

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Good Everning/morning everyone. I just wanted to post a quick report, and pics will follow. This was my first concert, so please bear that in mind, if I become entirely too emotional. I'm too Uberized to think clearly.. even hours later.

When we arrived, we had to wait a bit for the venue to open for the evening. Once inside, we found our seats. I saw the stage, the circle, but it didn't seem real yet. As the orchestra took their seats, my chest began to pound. The first strains of the orchestra sounded as the lights dimmed and the excitement began to build. I had heard the cds, watched the videos from other fans, and saw them at GMA, but nothing prepared me for this concert. I took a moment to close my eyes, remembering to bring my forum family with me, Sisters and Daughters, Nieces and friends, you were all there with me as the guys appeared. Their magic filled the arena in nanoseconds.
Cloud nine doesn't begin to describe the feeling. I havent found the words for it yet, but those that have been there know exactly what it is. The concert was a feast of sound and sight. The lighting, the movement as they interacted with their fans was as amazing as their voices.
The voices, well, what can I say that hasn't been said before. They were in top form, full, rich and warm as a each note wrapped around me as a gentle, loving hug. As their momentum built, the tears began to flow, from one exquisite song to the next. When the guys say they put their hearts into their performance, they mean it... something I can say is no longer urban legand, but so real you can all but reach out and hold it in your hand.
As I scanned the faces in the crowd, I could tell I wasn't alone. The glitter in the eyes of the fans touched by the magic of Il Divo that night twinkled like a thousand tiny stars on a clear moonlit summr night. The excitement, reflected in 8,000 fans experiencing the vivid tapestry of their evening was no less thrilling than watching an eager child on Christmas morning opening each gift with the tenderest of care, to stare in awe at the wonderful present that lay before them.
The tears fell most during BOTW for me.. it was hard to hold them back to focus the camera on the stage. So, if some are a little blurry, as you will see later, blame it on the tears... and accept my deepest apologies. From that song on, I couldn't stop shaking or tearing up off and on.
A famous person once said a picture paints a thousand words... for me, the pictures I carry from tonight, and tomorrow will be more than I can ever type. But Il Divo isn't about just the words, their song in delicate four part harmony, fills volumes beyond any picture I could ever take, create or draw. For me, that is and always be the unique magic of Il Divo. The love shared in that arena... the fans here and around the world joined with them in a loving melody that no one else will ever hear, but those that love Il Divo.
For that, I will be eternally grateful. God Bless Il Divo forever and always,
Sandie

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Well I am back from Dublin and ready to say a few things about the 2 concerts we attended there..........

First Sebastien's Birthday was so special and to see all of the venue singing along with the guys to him and it brought him to tears was special and he was all smiles you could tell it really touched his heart.....

The Concert and the songs were Amazing and the backgrounds they have are somewhat mind blowing in person they really go with the theme of the songs and the Outfits the guys wear are amazing to say the least.........

I think I have never seen Carlos or Urs more into the Music and seeing them out dancing around the stage and feeling the music and the audience getting into it drives them along too..........

This is just the perfect tour so far and can't wait till we see them again in Washington, DC in May...........

More pics to come..........

LG

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Just popping in quickly... there are tons and tons of pics to come too... I've seen some and we're still working on getting them tagged... so please be patient... I have almost 300 myself between both concerts... so Uberbabes, *Warning* The SRG will be making a big splash! For now, I Neeeeeeeed some sleep.
A Huge Thank you to LG, Tina, Jette, Yannic, Linda and Il Divo for making my first concert experience one I will never forget! Thank you forum family for being with me that night. MWAH!
Thank you also for the comments... It was so exciting to be there. I hope you know each and every one of you was there that night and the night that followed.

So, take the very best of care, stay safe, be healthy and Sweetest of Dreams of the one you love. TTFN!

Sandie

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:13 pm

Hello everyone,

I think it's my turn to make a report from this special evening....my first Il Divo concert.

Although I was excited, it just seemed like a dream and I didn't quite understand that I was going to an Il Divo concert....it just seemed too unreal.

We arrived at the venue and I bought the tourbook of course. After finding my seat in the inner circle, I slowly started to realise where I was and what was about to happen.

Then finally the music started playing and the guys came on stage singing Somewhere and I was thinking....wake up, hun....this is a dream but it wasn't. It was real.

When the guys left to change outfits the first time, I was thinking....it's too early. It felt like they had just started singing. Time really does fly sometimes.

The look on Sébastien's face when we all sang happy birthday to him was priceless. I will never forget that part of the night.

And of course I got a little emotional when they performed my alltime favorite..ETILAY. I love that song and hearing it live just blew me away.

I danced during LVSA even though I had promised myself not to do it. But when I saw everyone around me dancing, I got up and danced too.

When our guys performed Adagio.......I was no longer able to stop the tears from falling. I love the song and hearing the power in their voices was just overwhelming.

As I mentioned earlier, I was seated in the inner circle...on the second row from the small stage. Second seat from the isle. Suddenly I heard Sébastien singing Amazing Grace but I couldn't see him. Not until he came walking down the isle to get to the small stage. I was completely stunned and I was unable to take a pic of him (sorry to all of my Siren sisters but I'm sure you understand).

During The Impossible Dream I tried to get out of my seat to shake hands with the guys but it wasn't possible for me.

When we left the venue, I still couldn't believe that I had actually seen Il Divo. But when I saw the concert pics on my laptop..............I knew it wasn't a dream.

It was a great night and I want to thank Jette, mama and Sandie for being there with me at my first Il Divo concert

And of course a big thank you to David, Urs, Carlos and Sébastien for making my first Il Divo concert a wonderful experience.

Tina

Don't worry, Mandi...pics will be posted as soon as they have been tagged.

SebsLady

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:14 pm

Hi everyone

I'm a little late but sorting out pics have take much longer than I thought :wacko:

It was nice to be back in Dublin again. Love the city and the people:-).

Tina and I met up with Laura and Sandie at the airport.... First we had to find them B) After running back and forth a couple of times Tina catched Laura looking and Sandie turned around with a sign saying Tina and Jette in her hand.

After dropping the luggage in our rooms we went shopping... we all wanted to look pretty for Sébastiens' birthday. In the evening we met up with Yannic and Linda and had dinner at an Italian restaurant.

While Sandie and Laura tried to get a much needed sleep Tina and I went sightseeing. Next to the hotel was Christ Church (builded by the Danes, yay) Dublin Castle was supposed to be nearby... but I'm not the greatest map readers so we took a little detour before we found it... right under our nose. Unfortunately the castle did'nt open until 2 pm so we went shopping again. We had lunch at yet an Italian restaurant. We had a Carlito pizza Very Happy

Then it was time for the big event. Got to O2 fairly early. I had to que up at the box office because I had'nt received my ticket from Ticketmaster.ie. Got a shock when the guy asked for my credit card... had forgot to bring it with me. Luckily he handed me my ticket. Would never have forgiven myself if I had missed Sébastiens' birthday... I am a Siren after all.

I couldnt believe how great my seat was. I was in third row outside the inner circle. Got to chat with the ladies next to me and and soon the other rows joined in because my newfound Irish friend Mary, told everyone that I had come all the way from Denmark to Dublin to see Il Divo and I was going to see them again tomorrow. She was a Cutie Smile and everytime Carlos came down the runway on our side we all cheered and Carlos smiled and waved to us Laughing

The intro to Somewhere started and suddenly Séb, David, Carlos and Urs appeared on the stage. OMG, they looked gorgeous and I almost forgot to beathe. Shouted "happy birthday Sébastien" when he came down the runway in his white jacket .... Tina are you breathing! Don't think he heard me... but the people around asked me if it was his birthday!!!

The highlights of the concert was singing "happy birthday" to Séb with 8000 people and the other Divas. He looked so cute and shy when we sang. Also loved when he could'nt sing because of something David had said/done. Shaking Davids hand.
Loved all the numbers but was especially touched by Regressa a mi, Adagio ... wow David really got into that one and The impossible dream.

The concert was over too soon. I was one of the best concert I have ever been to.

Thank you Tina, Laura and Sandie for sharing the concert with me.

Thank you Séb, David, Carlos and Urs for the wonderful and passionate performance you are truely the best.

Here are some of my pics and most of them are of Séb... wonder why

Jette

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:16 pm

Jette

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Some pics from me Very Happy

Sebslady

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:26 pm

As many people already had said, the concert was FAB! First me and the other Swedish Divas had great seats.. we sat at the right side and outside the stage, facing the walkway so we were literally one step from the stage. So we had many looks and blinky winks from the guys..
I have to say that I experienced my first REAL blinky wink where I almost thudded .. I was so gone that I forgot to take a pic of him when he was infront of me..
And I gave David a wink and he laughed.. haha
The part when we all started singing Happy Birthday, and put on hats and banners and everything was HILARIOUS.. Urs was hilarious telling us that we had ruined the surprise.. haha
And Poor Sebbie laughing at the begining of Without You.. well it was David fault.. He was the bad boy according to Seb..
Urs and Carlos were really ON during LVSA dacing ALOT..
I think something was wrong once with the curtain as when the guys went to change clothes 2 curtains came down, one with the face of Urs and the other of Seb.. but no sign of David or Carlos..
The only thing that I found a bit annoying and rude were the people who during the show went out and in from the arena, and at one point I could see david looking at a group of people who walked in during one of the songs (like wondering what they were doing) Im not used to people doing that in concert here at home.

I want to thank Carlos, David, Sebastien and Urs for a making the 7th of March a wonderful and special day, with not just the concert but thanks to them and their music, I´ve got to know all the divas that I met that evening. The fab SCD girls, and Helena who was sitting next us..

The vids:

La promesa
mediafire.com download.php?mhyyzynojj0

Angelina
mediafire.com download.php?maimomzkn5z

Singing to Seb
mediafire.com download.php?vkmjwezjttg

Angie_swe

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Angie_swe

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Angie_swe

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:29 pm

Angie_swe

Admin
Admin

Goat

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Angie_swe

PostSubject: Re: The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009   

Back to top Go down

The O2 Arena Dublin Mar 7, 2009
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info :: 2009 Tour and Video Archives :: An Evening With Il Divo (Tour 2009)-
Jump to: