Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

"We Came Here To Love".

"Timeless" New Il Divo CD released in August 2018.

Share | 

Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sebslady
Admin
Admin

Cat
Humor : I think so

PostSubject: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:05 pm

Please post your reports, pics and videos here.

Note: this thread now contains all of the Christmas shows below:
London
Toronto
Atlantic City
New York City

Admin
Admin

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:07 pm

London

Hi everybody

Back from London and it was amazing. totally different but so beautiful and powerfull.

Here are the first session pictures. I am back soon with more

Aqualady

Admin
Admin

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:09 pm

Aqualady

Admin
Admin

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:10 pm

It's time for my reports from the concerts in London.

Jette and I arrived at the venue monday afternoon to join the Diva lunch. It was great meeting other Divas. After we finished eating, most people went back to their hotels to change but since Jette and I didn't live near the venue, we went to a bar and waited for the clock to hit 7:00 pm.

We got inside the venue and after bying a programme, we found our seat and got ready to hear the guys sing those wonderful christmas songs.

The guys came on stage and they looked amazing as always. They started out with one of my faves....When a child is born. Besides singing O holy night, White Christmas, Over the rainbow, Somewhere, Silent night, Panis Angelicus, Ave Maria, The lord's prayer and O come all ye faithful...they also performed Hallelujah and Amazing Grace where a real bagpipe player entered the stage.

They did two duets with Camille Kerslake..."Do you hear what I hear" and "I'll be home for Christmas". She was just amazing.

Vanessa Mae performed too and she really is amazing.

Séb was so sweet when he talked about Christmas and a sigh came from the audience when he mentioned how he was looking forward to dress up as father christmas for his two beautiful children.

Carlos asked what we wanted for christmas and of course most women said you. He then found a mistletoe and walked across the stage...a lot of women had hoped to kiss him but only one woman on the Tuesday concert got the chance to kiss him....lucky woman.

David started laughing when Séb talked about a turkey and a donkey. In French a turkey is called dinde. David then asked if Séb had donkey for Christmas and ended up laughing. Séb said no but they sounded the same....and David said turkey - donkey....how is that the same! It was really funny.

Urs mentioned that as he was Swiss, he was used to white christmasses.
And that he always enjoyed December and he hoped that we did the same.

I don't have any pics for you because my zoom on my camera isn't that good sad.gif But I see Anny has got some great ones. Thanks Anny

SebsLady

Admin
Admin

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:11 pm

Like I promised more London pictures

Tina so sorry to hear your camera didn't work correctly. Thanks for the report

Lenhi it wasn't me who kissed Carlos. Laughing

Aqualady

Admin
Admin

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:12 pm

Last pictures from me. Hope you also like them

And Lenhi did you really think that I could handle a camera when I could do that? :Thud:

Aqualady

Admin
Admin

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Aqualady

Admin
Admin

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi,

Sorry for being late... I am not fully recovered from Tina's and my trip to London B)

I can only second what Tina have already said. Both Christmas concerts were fantastic, a bit too short... one can never get enough of the guys. Loved the duets with Camilla Kerslake. They were all in a good spirit and espcially Sébastien seems to enjoy himself. Still can't help laughing at his donkey/turkey story Laughing

Took some photos but not all turned out fine :mellow: Here is a small selection

Jette

Admin
Admin

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Jette

Admin
Admin

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:28 pm

more photos from London

Camilla Kerslake

and last the piper

Jette

Admin
Admin

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Toronto

This is just a quick report of my day and evening...I will come back with more once I have landed from my Divo high!!!

Well, what a wonderful way to spend one's birthday!!!

Seeing friends and making new ones...have a lovely dinner...attending a MAGNIFICENT Christmas concert!!!

Thank you to all the ladies who helped make last night a very happy and memorable evening!!!

Il Divo...what can I say that hasn't already been said about these wonderfully, talented men! They ALL sang beautifully last night. I was teary during O Holy Night and Ave Maria. I know Seb wasn't feeling well but he sure was a professional and soldiered on and sang wonderfully!! Carlos sounded so rich and powerful (as he always does). David was superb...he sang his socks off and boy we sure felt it...even in the 10th row...and I would imagine all through the venue!! Urs..was absolutely stunning!!! Not only did he sing magnificently but I also really loved the way he was enjoying the orchestra and his fellow band mates! A few times I saw him close his eyes and just sway to the music...it was beautiful! He also at one point was watching David sing and when David finished and looked over Urs he was given a wink in recognition of his efforts!! Beautiful!!!All in all this concert was brilliant!! Worth every single penny and more!!! Thank you so much Il Divo for forgoing some of your holiday time to spend it making our holidays that much more special!!!

Anne Akiko Meyers was lovely!! She played brilliantly and was an asset to the show!

Holly Cole... well my mother always said if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all!! So...NO COMMENT!!!!

I have some pics and even a video or two from last nights show that I will post soon!!!

Natty

Admin
Admin

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Atlantic City

Sorry for the late report, but I wanted to be sure I had my thoughts and pics together first. I was at this show with a new ID fan, Lisa that works at Uberville with Nunnie and I. She doesn't have internet, or she would be joining us with her own report and pics... LOL!
First, I wanted to explain the days before, as it relates to this very special show. Not only was this Lisa's first ID show, but this show also came at a time of sadness for me. If any of you have read Knights in White Satin in E2, you will recognize the names: Michelle, Sarah, and Luke - three of the characters from that story. Michelle is a very, very dear friend as are her two children - Sarah and Luke. On Monday, they said their final good-byes to Michelle's mother, Barb. Ed, Michelle's father is a huge ID fan. At the viewing/wake and funeral, he wanted to talk about ID. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and said, "Please think of me when you watch our group on Saturday. Enjoy this show for Barb and I. I know she will be watching from above." Saturday was Sarah's 16th birthday - her first without her Nannah, Luke's 3rd birthday the day after the concert. All of them would be celebrating Christmas without her there.

Saturday came as a bright, sunny day. As evening fell, we began to get ready, staying inside the hotels to get to the venue. I opened my phone to make sure I had a full signal and power, smiling to myself as I closed it back up. We arrived at the venue and took our seats. I pulled out the camera and my cell phone quietly, hiding the cell phone from security as best I could. The lights darkened and the arena quieted. Carefully, I opened the phone and hit the speed dial button I had so carefully set and waited for the special guest on the other end to answer. He did warmly, a smile in his voice. I said hello to Ed quickly and quietly, explaining he was about to receive his Christmas pressie early and set the phone down on my lap as the guys began to sing. As quickly as I could, I gathered my special friends around me to listen to this concert. I couldn't go anywhere without you.
As the audience applauded, I would check in with Ed on the phone. As O Holy Night began, I could hear him catch his breath and I all but felt the tears roll down his cheeks. Again, as the audience applauded, I picked up the phone to check on Ed. He very weakly said thank you so much. We said our good-byes and he handed the phone to Michelle. Michelle, Sarah, Luke and the family had gathered moments before I had called. Ed had put the phone on speaker so everyone could hear. Michelle, in between sobs said she knew her mom would be smiling after hearing them sing. I didn't know until that moment, O Holy Night had always been her favorite Christmas song. After saying good night, I felt a warm touch on my shoulder and I knew my friends were there and Barb was smiling warmly. The rest of the evening was just as warm and bright as the other concerts, because it was shared with family and friends both here and beyond. I didn't care for Holly, but Amy was wonderful. The encore from our lovely guys was "Oh Come All Ye Faithful." As the lights came up, I could feel each of you say your good nights. It was an evening to remember.
To my friends and family, thank you for being with me this very special night. MWAH!

Admin
Admin

Cat

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:31 pm

New York City

It’s a long report from me

The guys plus 3 added bonuses for me made it a great night!

First I must say that the show was amazing! I loved every minute of it! Kristin was great too. But I was shocked that when she was hugging the guys when she was leaving the stage she never went near Carlos. She did say at one point that they were hot, and I agree 100%

Before the dinner, I met up with Irene and Nola in their hotel room and we chatted some. About a half hour later Regi showed up and then about 20 minutes after she left Allison and Megan showed up.

Once Allison was ready, she and I headed downstairs to bring the giftbags down to the girls at the dinner as well as the gift bags she prepared for the guys. After I played Santa’s helper by making frequent trips up to the hotel room to get more gift bags; I sat down and had a cup of chicken soup, it was yummy.

About 20 minutes later, Kathy (fanfromoz) told me and Allison that we had to go get ready for the Meet and Greet.

Kathy picked up our ‘VIP’ tickets at the window. Boy was I surprised when they were stated as being in the LOGE, which is kind of like a balcony. I was shocked, to me these are not VIP seats; but Kathy calmed me down and told me the MnG was the most important.

So we walked inside and were told to go into the actual venue, where the concert would tale place. I never did a MnG before, and I thought that the MnGs were in different room from where the concert would be.

Anyway, Kathy, Allison and I sat there and listened as the photographer lady told us that we could hand the guys the pressies that we brought for them. I was so happy, I said ‘yep, this makes up for the LOGE seats’.

Then the guys came out, they looked great.

I loved watching the guys

So one by one the MnG’ers met the guys and had their picture taken with them. Almost everyone (except for the guy fans that were there for MnG) touched the Armani. No one said not to touch the Armani, so they did.

As I neared the front of the line, Carlos caught me looking at him. He smiled at me and I smiled at him.

Finally it was my turn for the MnG, and I walked up to the guys. I shook their hands and smiled at them and we said hello to each other. I handed David and Seb the cards I had for them plus a card that a friend asked me to give to them then I turned to Carlos and handed him present, a beautiful burgundy colored long sleeve shirt. When I handed Urs his present, I apologized to him that his gift bag was a bit damaged. He was so sweet and kind and told me not to worry about it. He is such a sweetheart.

The guys line up was David, Seb, Carlos, Urs.

I was so busy chatting with Carlos that Seb was trying to get my attention. I looked into his eyes and wow, if I wasn’t such a full a Cutie with such divotion to Carlos, I would be a CuRen.

I slipped right in between Carlos and Seb and I looked at Carlos and said ‘I’m going to touch your Armani’ and he replied ‘Touch the Armani’ as he smiled at me. I slid my arm around Seb’s waist and my other hand around Carlos’ waist and pulled him close to me. We took our meet and greet pic and I turned as if I was going to leave when I turned back to Carlos and handed him my phone number. I took his hand in mine and said “This is for you, use it” He smiled at me and said “Oh…oh”

After I had my pic taken, I was told to leave the room.

About ten minutes, we were told to go back into the room; to take our seats. Kathy and I made our way upstairs and sat down.

The show was amazing. The guys looked so great in their suits and surrounded by the Christmas decorations. The violinist Vanessa Mae she was incredible as was Kristin Chenowerth.

The show was amazing. My faves of the night were Somewhere, Rejoice, and Halleluja.

Carlos with the mistletoe was so cute, if I had been upfront; I would have kissed him.

Seb seems to have gotten over his cold, as his voice sounded great.

David and Urs were both amazing.

Each of their voices seemed to have been on top form last night, and they crowd loved it.

After the concert ended, I made my way to the stage door and waited with many of Frozen Fans for the guys to come out.

The one security guy was getting on my nerves; telling everyone to move back and huddle into one spot. Which I can understand; since people did have to walk on the sidewalk too. But even when the guys came out, he was pushing everyone back like you are not getting near them. And he appeared to be the security for the venue, not the guys security.

I can understand that he was most likely following orders but he was working last night because the guys are there. If the guys want to stop, which Carlos and Seb did; then he should let them.

After I saw Urs, Carlos and Seb leave, I headed back to the hotel to pick up my sweater. I found a note on the door of the suite saying ‘Go to Viand Café’ so I did.

I walked into the café and sat down in the empty chair next to Nola; actually it was between Nola and a guy. I had no idea who the guy was as I wasn’t paying attention to him.

When Allison and Megan walked in, I joined them at their table and that’s when I saw the guys face.

I looked at Megan and said “I think that’s the guy that plays Scott Chandler on All My Children”

But since they don’t watch soaps, they didn’t know.

So I walked over to my friend Liz and asked if she watches AMC and said no. Liz told me to ask, I was like you think so. She said if he is then you get a pic and a siggy, if not then he will flattered that you thought he was him.

I sat back in between Nola and the guy and listened to the guys voice. About 5 minutes later, I turned to him saying “I’m sorry but you look awfully familiar” He was like “Really?” And the girl he was with said “Where do you think you know him from?” I replied “He looks like the guy that plays Scott Chandler on AMC” She looked at him saying “You are keeping things from me?”

That’s when I dropped the subject, because I didn’t know if he had just met this girl; and was down playing his job so she would like him for him.

But some other things were said, I cant remember what hehe

And admitted that he was in fact him; I was right WOW!

So I asked him; it’s you and he replied yep
This went on for a bit and I tapped the back of his hand like o you

He was Adam Mayfield

So we posed for a pic and he signed an autograph for me.

And his girl and I started chatting about ID and that’s when Megan came over saying “You touched the Armani? How did it feel?” I replied “It felt very muscular.” Which made Marlena (Adam’s girl) laugh.

A lot of the Divas got their pic taken with him and got autographs.

Soon they left and a short time later, we Divas took a group pic and we headed back to the hotels

After I got my sweater, I told Nola and Irene good night and headed home.

It was a great night!

This is the actor I met

SuperCutie

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009   

Back to top Go down

Il Divo Christmas Shows December 2009
Page 1 of 1