Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
New World Tour Dates W/ Steven LaBrie Guest Singer
Latin Countries around the World till Oct 2022
The Guys Are On A Month Break. They Start Back On June 25, 2022 In Valencia, Spain
Saturday December 3rd UK Christmas Concerts Began. Ending December 16th In London, UK.
New USA Dates in AUG_SEPT, 2022 Look for Updates

In The Arms Of My Angel

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake
Humor : Dirty!!!

In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:54 am

Chapter 52 - She Made Through The Pain
"Mami's comsy homes! Mami's comsy homes!"
"Frank! Be quiet." Urs instructed firmly, squatting in front of his excited son, watching his eyes widen the way they always did when he was about to cry after having to chase him down the corridor and grab hold of him. "What did I tell you the other day about running off?"
"Dat I could falls and hurt myself or someones else."
"And?"
"Dat I got to stop doing it 'cos Mami won't be able to chase after me for a while, 'specially now Kurt and Seri is here. If I don'ts you goin' make me wear the reens no matter what Mami says."
"That's right." Urs nodded, lifting Frank into his arms as he stood up. "Come on, let's go and see what Mami's up to. You think I'm going to get a telling off for her surprises?"
"Probly one of dem."
Not caring that Franky would probably have something to say about him organising for her to have a manicure and pedicure before she left the hospital, Urs smiled as he walked down to her room, setting Frank down and taking hold of his hand as they reached the door
"Thank you very much Jessica." He heard Franky saying as he pushed the door open and saw her admiring her fingernails.
"No problem Franky." Jessica returned, packing up the last of her things and blushing a little as she left.
Urs let go of Frank's hand and watched him run towards his mother, dropping the overnight bag he carried on the bed before lifting Frank so that he could give her a huge hug. His brow furrowing when he saw that Lauren, Emma and Barbara-Jean were with her.
"I heard you coming a mile off." Franky laughed, tweaking the little boy's nose. "Not so much noise on the way out okay?"
"'Kay Mami."
"You look tired."
Urs yawned widely before he spoke.
"Probably due to the fact I've been sleeping in the spare room."
"Why? The new bed not very comfortable?" Franky asked, laughing while she watched Frank attempt to bounce on the bed
"Wouldn't know." Urs shook his head, took hold of Frank and placed him on the floor.
Silence reigned in the room while everyone watched Frank slip under the bed, though laughter filled the air when he emerged and informed he didn't like the bed because there were no twirlys underneath, no wonder he could go boing.
"There aren't any on the new bed either."
"Awwwww!" Frank huffed then walked over to Lauren a pout still on his face.
"I thought you four weren't going to be seeing each other until tomorrow." Urs stated, looking at his friend's wives.
"We weren't." Lauren nodded.
"But we could hardly let Franky leave hospital with her legs looking like yours."
"Oh like anybody would have seen them." Franky tutted then turned to Urs. "You did bring my jeans, right?"
"Duhhh! I did hear what you said." He retorted playfully.
"We came in to wax her legs." Barbara-Jean informed. "Never knew she was such a wuss in that department."
"Oh." Urs sighed.
"Did you have something planned Urs?"
"No, No. No Lauren." Urs shook his head, feeling his face redden a little.
"Awww! I think we've ruined a surprise girls." Emma stated, giggling and giving the other two women a nudge. "I think we'd better go."
Lauren and Barbara-Jean smiled and nodded in agreement, gave Franky a tight hug and firmly told her to follow her doctor's instructions when she got home. Though she could manage to get around very well, Doctor Knight didn't want her to overdo it and hadn't planned on discharging her for another week. Only her promise to take things easy and a reminder that Merle was at the house had changed his mind.
"What surprise?" Franky queried as the door closed with its usual loud click.
"Take a look in the bag." Urs returned, pouting a little.
Franky did as he requested and pulled out the box sitting on top, her nose wrinkling a little when she saw the pink colour of the new Panasonic epilator he'd bought for her, her head nodding when she saw that it could be used as a trimmer and shaver as well.
"Planned on having a little fun with this didn't you?"
"Ja. Like I want to get in bed tonight and feel legs hairer than mine."
"Never mind." Franky smiled then leaned into his right ear and whispered. "There is another area in need of some main maintenance work."
Urs grinned as she pulled back, knowing exactly what part of her anatomy she was referring to and coughing to stop the blood rushing to its usual destination.
"So why have you been sleeping in the spare room. You hate that bed."
"I didn't want to sleep in the new bed until you came home. I only took the plastic off the mattress this morning."
"Oh Urs, you are so silly sometimes." Franky laughed, her head shaking for a few minutes. "Thank you for arranging this though." She smiled, waving her fingers at him. "Nice job huh?"
"Mmmn. Very." Urs nodded on seeing that she'd been given a French Manicure, a look down to her feet revealing that she'd had the same done to her toenails, though there was something different about them. An angel wing transfer had been placed in the middle of each big toe before the final coat of clear varnish had been applied. "What's up?" He asked when he looked back up and saw that Franky's smile had turned into a frown.
"Nothing really. Jessica was just telling me that she used to work at the health spa with Jamie."
"Don't tell me they were friends?"
"No. Seems she only had one friend at work, until Jamie tried to steal said friend's very rich boyfriend away from her anyway."
"Well that's no surprise." Urs shook his head. "Anything else?"
"Jamie got the sack two weeks before she even met Seb."
"Oh. That would explain why she was able to go on tour without any problem then." Urs nodded. "What did she get fired for?"
"Insulting a couple of slightly overweight clients. Apparently it wasn't the first time she'd done it."
"Sounds about right." Urs rolled his eyes backwards, knowing that Jamie always had something to say about the way other people looked, especially so about some of the group's fans.
He couldn't recall exactly how many times he'd heard her refer to someone as fat, when in actuality the women concerned looked a healthy weight to him. He shuddered recalling the times he'd seen Jamie in a swimsuit and how emaciated she'd looked. How any man could find being able to see the details of a woman's bones attractive he didn't know. He sighed, knowing that it had taken him weeks to make Sebastien see she wasn't healthy.
"You heard anything from Detective Rice yet?" Franky's question brought him back from his reverie.
"Just before I left the house. The evidence I got is enough to prosecute Jamie, but it's the same old same old with regard to when."
"Not unless she's taken off the sectioned list."
"Exactly." Urs nodded sharply and stood to begin packing Franky's things. "I think you're right, that isn't ever going to happen."
"Well you never know. You hung the painting yet?"
"Yes." Urs replied, recalling how she'd cried after being presented with the picture by Aaron, barely able to believe he'd painted her in the 'Catchfoot Layback Spin' position, using his mouth to hold the brush.
"Where?"
"In the music room, above the French windows. Don't look at me like that."
"That room is supposed to be for your achievements not mine."
"Oh like there isn't loads of room for whatever I might get in the future." Urs tutted then laughed. "What I've got so far barely covers half the length of one wall. Besides it's only right you have something of yours in there. We did agree to use it as a music and DANCE room."
"All right. I'm not going argue." Franky nodded, easing herself from the bed and using a walking stick to head for the bathroom so that she could get dressed.
While she was gone, Urs took the opportunity to look out of the window, across to where he knew Jamie was still housed. His eyes closed briefly when he remembered leaving through the side entrance the day after their confrontation to see her standing at the window, glaring at him with those souless eyes and an evil smirk on her face. He shuddered, hoping that she wouldn't be in the same position when they left.
"Something wrong?"
"No. Just........Just hoping we don't see anything of........." Urs paused and nodded out of the window once Franky was at his side. ".......when we leave."
"Why would we? The main entrance is around the other side."
"There's a huge group of press out front. They're discharging the MP today, think they'll be wanting to know his plans after the by-pass. So we're going out another way."
"Oh. Okay. I know it's a stressful job, but I hope he doesn't resign. He's done a lot of good for this town..
"Ja, I know. How long did that battle go on for the hotel attached to the maternity wing anyway?"
"Five years."
A nurse entered with a wheelchair a few seconds later and a reluctant Franky settled herself into it with Frank making himself comfortable on her lap. Urs carried her luggage and together the group made their way down to the entrance opposite the Oncology Department. Due to the fact it was raining heavily, Franky stayed inside while Urs ran to bring the car around. He settled Frank in his car seat first then held the passenger door open for her.
He knew it still hurt for her to bring herself upright, but he didn't see any sign of pain as she did so. Once she was standing, she looked up to where Jamie's was housed, his eyes following, swallowing hard when empty Cognac coloured eyes locked with sparkling Jade Green ones. The two women seemed to stare at each other for hours until Jamie closed the blind sharply in what Urs thought was some sort of admission of defeat.
He drove Franky home, watching her wave and smile to all those who knew her and even those who didn't. Once back at home, she thanked Merle again for coming over to help then spent some time with twins until Sylvie returned from school, giving her a huge hug and doing so once again after seeing mostly As on her report.
Reluctantly she allowed Merle to prepare dinner only to furrow her brow on hearing an unfamiliar noise coming from the kitchen once the dishes had been cleared away. Urs stood in the doorway after she'd made her way into that room and watched her shake her head once she'd spotted the dishwasher he'd bought without telling her.
"Thanks."
"Huh?"
"I said thank you." Franky laughed on seeing the stunned look on his face. "It'll give me more time to spend with the children and you, but you and I won't have half so much fun washing the dishes if I use that all the time."
Grinning and coughing once again, Urs gave her a flirty look, knowing that paticular chore usually involved a bubble and tea-towel fight that ended with them making love with either Franky sitting on the countertop, on the table or bent over the sink.
'Maybe it hadn't been such a good idea to buy the dishwasher after all.' His inner voice giggled.
He gave one more cough, shook the images from his head then moved towards Franky, gently scooped her into his arms and carried her upstairs where he set her down outside their bedroom door and asked her to close her eyes. Once she'd done as he requested, he opened the door, guided her across the threshold and allowed her to open her eyes.
"Urs! Oh my God, you.......you didn't do this yourself did you?"
"Other than putting up the wainscoting, nein." Urs shook his head, watching Franky look around the newly decorated room in awe.
Taking in every detail of the crisp white bedding and bolster pillows and smiling when she saw the extra deep mattress and storage underneath. Shaking her head at the billowy silk cream drapes panels that matched the wainscoting finish and the Arthouse Opera Mia motif textured wallpaper he'd selected for the upper half of the walls.
"It's beautiful." Franky sighed after another look around. "I never dreamt that it could look any better than it was before, but this is just......Oh wow!"
Knowing that Franky wasn't mad at him regarding his little fib about the reason he'd been sleeping in the spare room, Urs wrapped his arms around until she stopped crying then watched her shake her head once more before they left the room and he headed back for the lounge to retrieve Frank for his bath. Franky sat close by, roaring with laughter watching their son soak his father as usual, creating some very funny bubble beards and hairstyles with his 'Superman' bubble bath.
While Urs changed into pyjama bottoms he listened to Franky reading to Frank and helped her settle him in bed. Back downstairs, they headed into the music room where Sylvie was practising the theme tune to 'Titanic'. Once she and the twins were in bed, they left Merle talking to Moritz and made for the office, Franky's eyes rolling backwards when she saw how much paperwork she had to get through. She decided to leave it until the next day and looked at Urs confused when he told her to turn her computer on.
"Oh my God!!! Who put that on there?" She asked after seeing her Denver performance on YouTube.
"Well it wasn't me now was it?"
"No. I'm guessing Lauren."
Urs nodded, indicating the number of hits the video had received leaving a dumbfounded Franky shaking her head and reading several comments that said the person concerned had watched it several times, always with tears on her cheeks at the end. Other comments saying that it was even more amazing to witness it live.
Naked under the new covers once he'd carried Franky to bed, he held her close and heard her speak just before she kissed him goodnight.
"Good night..........my very, very special Swiss super man."
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat
Humor : I found it and as always the joke is on me!!

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:05 am

This just keeps getting better, tells the story in more detail ....

Urs is amazing....

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:39 am

Chapter 53 - Experience Or Youth?
"Not willing to learn English." Urs huffed, watching the door close behind the tenth and final candidate they'd interviewed in a small hotel a few miles from his and Franky's home. "Ridiculous. How are you supposed to communicate with her when you don't speak German fluently?"
"Not yet anyway." Franky smiled, rising from her seat and grabbing her walking stick. "I'm just going to the bathroom."
Urs nodded, watched her leave then poured himself another coffee before turning his attention to the paperwork in front of him, considering each applicant carefully. Two were tossed to one side pretty quickly, the first belonging to woman who'd just left, the second belonging to the woman who'd worn no underwear and flashed him as she crossed her legs. Another set was added to the pile a few seconds later, this woman conducting the interview as though Franky was invisible, never looking at her or answering any of her questions. Another soon followed, the fact that she was a smoker apparent as soon as she entered the room, that and the fact she'd seemed very wobbily on her feet and reeked of alcohol.
"She'd want to bring her sister on tour with her and have three days off a week?" He shook his head, placing those details into a pile. "Five down. Nine points on her driving licence, all for speeding. No way. This is harder than last time." He huffed, leaving them with three to choose from.
He sighed looking at the first, thinking that she was too young to be taking care of twins at the age of twenty but her amazing references and the fact she'd trained with Ria made him push her her details out in front of him as a possible. The second with equally as good references, willing to teach Franky to speak Italian.
He sat back and looked at the man's photograph, recalling the small laugh Franky had allowed to escape when he'd walked in. All six foot five inches, dark-haired, good-looking man of him.
"Me?! Jealous?! Pfft!" He laughed, placing his details in front of him and picking up the final one. "A little older than what we expected. Good references though and she's travelled more than we have. Hmmn. I think that narrows it down enough."
His head snatched up as the door opened again and smiled as he watched Franky re-take her seat.
"Rejects?!" She queried, indicating the pile.
"Ja."
He watched her lift the pile, tossing each one to her right side, her head nodding in agreement until she reached the one they'd interviewed last. A heavy sigh escaping as she thumbed through the details again.
"You don't agree with my decision regarding her?"
"No. I mean yes, yes I do. Especially after what I think I've just heard in the bathroom."
"Such as?"
"Well she's lied to us begin with. She speaks pretty good English, good enough for me to understand anyway."
"Oh! And?"
"She was on her mobile when I walked into the bathroom. I heard her say something in German then she switched to English and said the children would be in boarding school as soon as they are old enough."
"Really? What did she say in German?"
"Erm......." Franky furrowed her brow and chewed on her bottom lip the way she always did when she was concentrating hard then slowly repeated what she'd heard. "Sie wird verschwunden sein und bald wird er in meinem Bett. Ich weiß, er liebt, was er sieht."
"Pfft! In ihren Träumen." Urs laughed, his head shaking. "In both regards."
"Hello! Slightly out of the loop here. Understood a few words, sure there was a mention of a bed in there, but the rest.........?"
"Sorry. She said you would be gone, I would be in her bed and that I liked what I saw."
"Hmmn. You'd better stop smiling when you greet people, gets you into soooooo much trouble."
"Very funny. Only you know how I really look when I fancy someone"
"Like a shy little schoolboy, dealing with his first crush."
"Something like that." Urs nodded, taking hold of her right hand and placing a gentle kiss on the back, watching the goosebumps rise on her arm. "Anyway, back to business."
"Actually, I've already made my decision." Franky informed, reaching for a set of papers and pushing them in front of him.
"Lando's just as good and so is Ruth."
"I know Saskia doesn't really have that much experience, but she doesn't seem like the type that will want to take over. We did agree on picking someone who would work with us as well as being willing to look after the children by herself once in a while."
"That's not the feeling you get from Ruth?" Urs asked and watched Franky shake her head. "And Lando?"
"I don't think he's really interested in the job. He spent more time looking at my chest than he did at my face. Like I said, I know Saskia doesn't have much experience, but her references are amazing plus I get a really good vibe from her and she already knows Ria, they'll be company for each other on tour."
"I'm concerned that Frank won't understand."
"If we explain carefully enough he will. He already knows he's not the only little boy in the world named Frank."
"Okay. How about we give her a trial to begin with, say three months? See how things go before offering her a permanent position."
"That's what I was thinking."
Urs nodded, gathered up the papers and took hold of Franky's hand once they were out of the room. Together they made their way down the corridor and stepped into the room where the au pairs had been asked to wait. Ten faces turned to look at them, Saskia looking the least expectant of them all.
"Miss Barculo. We'd like to offer you the position as our au pair on a three month trial basis, to begin with at least." Urs informed once he'd walked across the room and stood in front of her.
"Huh?!" Saskia gasped, her eyes flying wide. "I-I-I........Okay. Sure. I'm good with that. When would you like me to start?"
"A couple of days after you leave your current position?"
"That's fine. Thank you. Thank you very much."
Urs shook his head, watched Saskia almost skip from the room then turned his attention to the remaining au pairs. Thanking them for coming with a shake of their hands until he reached the woman Franky had heard in the toilet, seeing her scowling at him as Franky came to his side, his arm moving quickly around her waist, holding her comfortably close.
"Sie solten vorsi........" He began only to stop when he felt Franky placing the palm of her hand on his chest.
"Let me take this?"
Urs nodded, watched Franky turn to face the woman, holding herself confidently and taking a deep breath before she spoke to her.
"Sie sollten vorsichtiger sein, was sie sagen, am telefon. Man weiß nie, wer kann sie hören."
"You said she couldn't speak German." The woman gasped, glaring at Urs again.
"Actually, I said she couldn't speak German fluently. And, if I remember right, you said you couldn't speak English and had no intention of learning."
"Erm........" The woman faultered, her eyes flicking back and forth from Urs to Franky several times before she ran from the room as fast as her feet would carry her.
"How did.........? You called Carlos didn't you?"
"Hmmn. Think I interupted whatever it was he and BJ were up to though. He sounded quite cross and out of breath when he eventually answered." Franky nodded with a smirk on her face.
"Oh finally!" Urs giggled, knowing that they'd been waiting for over a year to pay the Spaniard back for calling while he and Franky had been making love, refusing to hang up until one of them had answered, only to wish them good night because he'd forgotten to do it as they headed up to their suite.
"Can we get something to eat before we leave? I hear they do an amazing Beef Wellington here and I'm starving."
"Sure." Urs nodded, leading her towards the door and down to the restaurant.
Once inside the blue and cream decorated room, they were seated at window where they placed their order quickly, the two of them chatting about upcoming events until they heard a female cough nearby. Urs raised his head and instantly knew he'd been recognised.
"I don't mean to interupt but could I ask for your autograph for my daughter? She was so depressed after her fiance died, your music brought her out of it, reminded her how much she and John loved each other."
Urs nodded, signed the piece of paper that had been given to him and turned to watch the woman head back to her table. He saw her hand the paper to a young woman and returned the smile she gave him, watching her face redden slightly as she mouthed a 'Thank You'.
He returned his attention to Franky and over their meal they discussed how they were going to tell Frank about the new au pair. The meal finished, both of them agreeing it was one of the best Beef Wellington's they'd ever had, they began to head out to the car only to be stopped by the young woman Urs had given the autograph to. Urs's eyes widening when she placed a kiss on Franky's cheek.
"What was that for?" Franky asked, slightly stunned
"For keeping the promise you made in Paris almost three years ago. It's all too clear how much the two of you love each other, I used to see the same look in John's eyes every time I looked at him. I just wish he could have lived to see our son." She replied, tears pricking her eyes, her hands resting on her slightly swollen stomach. "He would have made a wonderful father."
"I'm so sorry."
"There's no need to be sorry Mrs Buhler. He gave me five amazing years."
"Oh please call me Franky."
"Franky." The woman nodded with a smile. "He erm....he could have died at any time. He had an anuerism in his brain, he knew nothing about it and nothing could have been done to help him anyway. I'm just glad he left me this most precious of gifts and that I have a wonderful family and plenty of friends to support me. Now, if you'll excuse me, my mother-in-law is desperate to show me some place she calls 'Devil's Drop' before we head back to Miami. She's says it's a beautiful place and John loved climbing there as a teenager. I've seen pictures but she says they don't do the place justice."
"Then you're in for a treat." Urs smiled, watched the woman head back to the two who stood near the hotel entrance waiting for her then turned his attention back to Franky.
A smile of immense pride quickly crossing his face, knowing how hard she and a few others had worked to get her favourite climbing spot and its surroundings declared an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which meant it would prove very hard for any building developer to erect homes or anything else on the land. Other than witnessing her give birth to the twins, he'd never felt more proud of her. He'd grown to love the place almost as much as she did, especially when the sun was beginning to descended on an Autumn evening, he'd never seen a better sunset, he'd seen plenty around the world after all and considered himself lucky to be able to see what happened at 'Devil's Drop' at the end of the day.
Taking Franky's hand, he led her to the car and decided to take a detour on the way home. The two of them spending just over an hour watching one of the most beautiful but little known sunsets in the world, wrapped in each others arms at the very top of one of their favourite places.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:17 am

For Franky having a sexy and gorgeous drop dead husband is the one thing that is hard when it comes to doing what they had to do ... Just like for Carlos..

Urs and Franky did great handling that woman in the interview..

I felt bad and thought of Karen when that woman said her hubs died of almost the same thing..

Awww Frank will get along nicely with the New SASKIA (Sakia)...

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 5:05 am

Chapter 54 - She Went Where?!!!
For the first time he could ever recall, he was absolutely furious with Franky, though he hadn't been when she'd woken up. Something had seemed different about her as soon as she'd opened her eyes. No good morning kiss or smile. A quick breakfast after her shower, dressed and out of the door before he could ask her where she was going.
Now here he sat, in her office waiting for her to return after hesitatingly checking her diary and seeing what she'd written between the 9am and 10am slot. Hearing the Odyssey coming up the drive, he slowly turned the chair around so that its back was to the door, knowing that she would head for this particular room on her return because the garage accounts were a mess and needed sorting out.
"Where have you been?" Urs snapped, her familiar scent filling his nostrils.
"To get my hair trimmed."
"Don't lie!" He yelled in response, whirling around to face her, knowing his face was a mask of anger. "Tell me where you've been."
"Okay. I........I went to Jamie's funeral." Franky shrugged.
"What?!!! I thought we agreed you weren't going to go."
"Actually, you told me I wasn't going. I don't recall agreeing not to."
"Why the bloody hell would you want to go in first place? Gott, knows it was hard enough keeping you away from the chapel of rest. What else have you done? Paid for the funeral like they thought you would?"
"No. I said I wouldn't and I haven't"
"I don't understand you Franky. After everything she's done to you, to me never mind everyone else. You feel the need to go and pay your final respects to someone who's done nothing but hate you for most of your life."
"I didn't go to pay my final respects. I......" Franky shook her head.
"What then?"
"I went because I.......I don't know.........To make sure she was really gone I suppose."
"Huh! That's another thing I can't get my head around, you not wanting her dead. You know what? I'm glad she's dead. Same goes for her mother and that thug she hired to break in and kidnap you!!!"
"Urs!" Franky gasped, her eyes flying wide, her mouth gaping.
"What Franky? Don't tell me you're shocked." Urs huffed in response. "You know what else? If whoever killed her was standing here right now, I'd shake his hand and thank him. The others too I would imagine, that's what else. Hell if I could have got into that prison or hospital room, I would have done it myself."
"Oh like I don't know that already!!! What are you going do, throw a party to celebrate?"
"Nein. What are you going to do next? Go pay a visit to Anthony and offer him your condolences? Do I have to remind you of what you said when you came home from the hospital?!!!"
"No." Franky sniffed, turned sharply away from him and headed out of the office.
Still angry, but having the feeling there was something she wasn't telling him, Urs stood and followed after her, leaving the office just in time to see her heading into the kitchen, knowing that she would make her way to the top of the garden and taking a deep, calming breath before he moved in the same direction.
He sighed when he found her at the top, seemingly looking at the Magnolia tree they'd planted in memory of her parents, though she didn't appear to being paying it much attention. Instead she stood with her head hung low, eyes closed, tears streaming down her cheeks.
"Could have handled that much better couldn't I?" He asked, wrapping his arms around Franky from behind. "I'm sorry."
"It's all right. I knew you'd be angry with me. It's me who should be sorry, not you." She shrugged then rested her head against his shoulder. "I just got fed up of listening to you all blame Jamie for the way she was and saying that you're glad she's dead, all but Lauren anyway. You know the only thing I ever wanted was a brother or sister and I've never laid all the blame at her door, never said I hate her despite everything. You know I always hoped she could and would change. This was the last thing I wanted, can't you see that it hurts me to hear you all saying you're glad she's gone? If I hear it one more time I swear I am so going to lose my temper."
"Well that wouldn't be a pretty sight." Urs giggled, attempting to lighten the mood.
"It's not funny Urs!" Franky yelled, attempting to pull herself away, only to feel him holding her firm.
"I know, you're right, I'm sorry. William and June are just as much to blame for the way she turned out. June more so than anyone else. I'm sorry for saying I'm glad she's dead, especially since I know you always try to see the good in people, no matter how small and you did all that reading, to understand her condition. I know you'd have more than a few words to say to whoever killed her too. I just couldn't see anything good about her and I don't think she would have changed Franky, I really, really don't. Guess we'll never know for sure now and the two of us will just have to agree to disagree on that point. I promise you won't hear those words from my mouth ever again."
"Thank you. It's not just William and June to blame. My was father too. I've told you that before." Franky returned, nodding and struggling to hold back further tears. "You know I think Jamie and me would have gotten along if only......I know I have Gabe and Lauren, it's not the same Urs. Don't get me wrong, I loved my father very much otherwise I wouldn't have made that promise to him. Why did he have to be so weak? That's what hurts."
"I don't know." Urs shook his head. "Not a situation I would ever tolerate that's for sure."
"I know." Franky sniffed, turning her head to smile at him and placing her hands atop his.
"You don't think he was still in love with June do you?"
"Oh no. No. Not at all. He'd always think of something to say, long after she'd kicked off. Some of it wasn't very nice to hear and it was the worst language I ever heard him use. Mind you, June was worse when my grandfather died and Jamie got the letter demanding the DNA test. She turned up at the garage just before we closed for the night, full of hate and venom, asking how he dared to demand a test so that Jamie could get what was rightfully hers. Mum was there, so was Gabe. June got dad so angry, he almost hit her. God knows what damage he would have done if mum hadn't been able to stop him. It was the one and I only time I ever saw mum hit anyone."
"Didn't your mother ever say anything?"
"Not really, no. She tried once or twice to talk some sense into all of them. June always told her to mind her own business then she would threaten to leave town when my dad defended her. William always stuck up for June. My dad always backed down, unable to bear the thought of not being able to see Jamie around town at the very least. Believe me if my father had handled that situation the way he used to handle difficult customers, Jamie wouldn't have turned out like she did and I don't think any of this would have happened."
"It's a wonder your mother didn't leave and take you with her."
"And hurt my father even more?" Franky questioned, her head shaking. "She wouldn't have ever done that. She loved him that much, she was prepared to take all sorts of crap. I promised myself I would never love someone that much that I would put up with half of what she did." She paused to turn in his arms and linked her hands around his neck. "Yet here I am, so very much in love with you that I feel I can take whatever life throws at me and you and just deal with it somehow."
"I know." Urs nodded, his eyes closing lightly for second or two. "I've always said you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for Franky. Gott knows you've had more than your fair share of heartbreak and I'm sorry for all those times I've let you down. You know it will never, ever happen again. What happened in Paris made me realise how much you really can take. You really are the most amazing woman I've ever known. I wish I could see into the future and know what's in store for us, I can't but what I do know is that I'm prepared to deal with it, no matter how bad it may be, because I love you. I'll talk to the others, make them see what you've made me see today, whatever it takes. Okay?"
"Okay." Franky nodded, then gave him a gentle kiss. "Thank you."
Urs shook his head as he took hold of Franky's hand and guided her to the arbour they'd recently installed in the garden.
"I'm going to tell you something now." He nodded, sitting by her side and holding her hand. "Whilst I understand how much the way things happened with Jamie, your parents and hers hurt you, I'm glad they turned out that way. Carlos and David too I think, Seb as well, more than likely."
"I don't understand." Franky shook her head, her brow furrowing.
"Because if they hadn't happened that way, I probably wouldn't have met you, David wouldn't have Lauren, Carlos wouldn't have fallen for Karen then BJ and Seb wouldn't have Emma." He shrugged in reply. "You see neither myself, David and Carlos had intended to come back to England until we were ready to record the album, except for your perfomance anyway. It was only when Carlos told us what he'd seen Jamie doing at the end of tour party that we changed our minds. All three of us were determined to make Seb see what a huge mistake he was making being with her. As soon as we found out he was coming back, we all booked flights and came back."
"How did you find out he was coming back?"
"Marie called me, pleading with me to do something to get Seb away from Jamie before she ruined him completely. I wasn't sure how we were going to do it though, had no plans or any ideas as to what to do. Little did I know that things would be taken out of my control and I would find the woman I'd spent so long searching for. What I'm trying to say is that, in some ways I owe Jamie a huge thank you, so do David, Carlos and Seb in my opinion. I'm so glad she was raised the way she was, Franky. Aren't you? Just a little?"
"When I look at it from your point of view, yes I am." She nodded, sniffing back tears after a few moments thought. "Very much so, it stopped me from making the biggest mistake I could ever have made."
"Which was?"
"Oh, Jeff showed up at the garage late at night, the day before I crashed, asking me to take him back. Apologising with tears in his eyes. I told him he would have my answer that evening because I was way too busy to talk to him. I would probably have said yes if I hadn't been that busy. I had time to think things through very carefully that night. He was never supportive of me, but expected me to support him in everything. Even asked me to quit working at the garage and stop skating performance wise." Franky huffed a laugh, her head shaking. "God would Gabe, me and Lauren have had a few words to say to each other if I had said yes. I called round at his place to give him my answer."
"Which was?"
"No, of course. You big ninny." Franky laughed and shook her head. "Guess who was there?"
"Sharon, his brother's ex?"
"Yeah. I could see her in the kitchen." Franky sighed. "She turned up at the garage on the day of the robbery, warning me to stay away from Jeff, he was hers now. Turned out it was all one big joke anyway, a bet he had with a friend that he could get me back anytime he wanted. Last I heard about them, she'd found him in bed with her cousin and they'd gone their separate ways. I guess I owe Jamie a thank you too. because I now have everything I ever wanted. A husband that loves me and only me, children I never thought I would have and......."
"And what?"
"Some wonderful brothers and sisters." Franky shrugged, attempting a smile. "See, I can be a dummyhead too sometimes."
"Hmmn." Urs nodded then started giggling until Franky looked at him questioningly. "When Seb was in the hospital after being stabbed, I was beginning to think you were falling for him, until I bumped into Gabe and he told me you'd done nothing but talk about me since Wednesday after warning me to take good care of you. I'm sure I heard him mutter something about a bucket as he walked away, but I'm not absolutely sure about that."
Franky said nothing in response, the only thing she did was smile knowingly and stand when she felt the first few raindrops hitting her exposed skin. She and Urs looked up to the sky to see the sun shining brightly and feeling the rain begin to pour down. They smiled at each other, recalling the memory of the time something similar had happened at 'Devil's Drop' then headed as fast as they could back into the house, Urs whispering in Franky's ear that he wished there was a cave nearby.
She blushed bright red, kissed him hard then headed for her office while he headed for the music/dance room. David, Carlos and Seb arrived a few moments later with Lauren, Barbara-Jean and Emma and Urs did what he said he would with regard to Jamie. Following a little arguing and some careful thought, each man and two women apologised to Franky and gave her a hug.
"See! I told you that was what was upsetting her, didn't I?" Lauren grumbled at David, watched him nod in response and listened to him apologise to Franky again.
"I'll learn one day won't I?" He asked of everyone, taking Jefferson from Lauren and flying him around the room, Superman style.
"We live in hope David, we live in hope." Urs replied, heading for the kitchen to help a giggling Saskia prepare lunch.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:04 am

Wow so much emotion from these 2 over Jaime's death..

Lot's of things would have changed had it not been for Jaime ...

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 3:42 am

Chapter 55 - Good From Bad
"Well you're not going to find out what he wants with you standing there are you?" Urs laughed from the top step of three that lead up to a lawyer's offices while Franky stood at the bottom looking at the dirty old building, her arms folded across her chest and her head shaking.
"I'm not sure I want to know." She huffed then shrugged and walked up to him.
"You never know. It could be good news."
"Like what?" Franky huffed a laugh before turning her attention to the receptionist. "Franky Buhler. I believe Mr Willoughby is expecting me."
"He certainly is. Please take a seat." She smiled, looking at Urs rather than Franky. Giving him a very flirty look.
"Nothing ever changes." Urs whispered in Franky's ear as he sat down beside her, feeling a familiar ripple run through her body as he placed a hand on her left thigh. "Did you see how brazen she was?"
"I saw. I've just learned to ignore it over the years."
"Two and half years already. It only seems like yesterday that we got married."
"Glad it does for you." Franky returned with a teasing smile. "Feels like a lifetime already for me."
"Very funny." Urs laughed and shook his head. "You know. I think you're getting worse in your old age."
"You bet ya. You still upset because Sylvie couldn't legally change her surname to yours?"
"More for her than myself." Urs nodded slowly. "Took them long enough to make the decision too."
"Yeah well, there are bound to be hiccups along the way even in the ultra-efficient Swiss courts. She took the news better than I expected though, seems happy enough that she can use it in her everyday life."
"You didn't see how hard she rode 'Quickstep'. He was all lathered up when we got back to the stables. I thought she was going to be in trouble with Miranda, but she told me you used to ride 'Ascaris' hard whenever you were upset."
"Yeah I did." Franky nodded. "Almost five miles at full gallop when Grandma Hartford died. He looked like I'd ridden him over the Grand National course by the time I got back late at night. Miranda wasn't happy either."
"Worried?"
"A little. It was very dark by the time I got back. I'd forgotten to put the reflective gear and lights on and 'Ascaris' was very dark."
"What happened to him anyway? You never have told me."
"Oh he's still alive. Living out his old age in Devon. He's twenty-five now, I haven't seen him in eight years."
"Oh." Urs nodded. "Have you ever been to the races?"
"Several times. It's what got me interested in horses. Mum was scared stiff when I had my first lesson." Franky laughed and shook her head. "I've been to The Derby twice, Cheltenham Festival and Royal Ascot once and the Grand National over five times."
"That's the cruelist race of them all." Urs frowned and shook his head.
"Nonsense. Have you ever watched it?" Franky queried and saw him shake his head. "Then you don't know as much about horses as you profess to Mr Buhler. There's no way in hell those horses would jump those fences if they didn't want to. Just remember what 'Dancer' did to you the other day when you tried to get him over that five foot jump."
"Hmmmn." Urs frowned a little deeper and rubbed at his right thigh while images of Franky's horse approaching the fence at a canter then turning sharply away, throwing him out of the saddle to land with hard bump on the other side filled his mind.
His eyes rolling backwards as he recalled the quizical look the animal had given him, almost as if to say 'What are you doing down there? Aren't you supposed to be on my back?' A laugh escaped as he remember Franky coming to the horses's side, stroking his neck while asking if he was all right and telling him to get back on and try again. Reminding him to show 'Dancer' the fence before making another attempt. He'd huffed loudly as he re-mounted. Then he'd trotted the animal around the ring, showed 'Dancer' what he wanted him to jump, turned away and approached again, this time clearing the jump by miles and whooping with delight as they landed.
Finally understanding Franky's elation whenever he took her over and jumping three more times before 'Dancer' decided he'd had enough and started turning in circles. He still found that a peculiar habit and it only ever seemed to happen whenever he was on his back. Franky could seem to get him to go all day, he just refused to do anything for Urs after so long and he'd become the butt of some playful teasing because of it.
"Mr Willoughby's ready to see you now." The receptionist's voice brought him back from his reverie and he looked up to see her smiling at him like she had before, completely ignoring Franky.
"I'm not here to see him, my wife is." Urs shook his head, gave Franky a quick kiss on the lips and watched the way her backside swayed from side to side as she walked towards Mike Willoughby's office door, catching the cheeky wink she gave as turned her head over her shoulder before crossing the threshold, leaving him feeling a little uncomfortable in the trouser department.
"Coffee?" The receptionist queried with a quick scowl after closing the door.
"Decaf if you have it, please."
"Well you obviously find me very attractive." The receptionist smiled once more as she handed Urs his coffee and looked down at his groin.
"No." He replied with a firm headshake, pulling his jacket over the bulge.
"You could have fooled me."
"Look........" He paused to look around the woman for something that would tell her what her name was and smiled quickly when he saw a brass nameplate on her desk. "Look Trista. I'm a married man, a very happily married man. Yes you're attractive, but I'm honestly not interested. Stop wasting your time flirting with me and go answer the phone."
"Fine." Trista huffed and turned away. "But you don't know what you're missing out on. Being with an old hag like her when you could have me anytime you want."
"Excuse me? What did you call her?" Urs asked calmly though inside he was fuming.
"An old hag!" Trista snapped back as she lifted the handset and spoke sweetly to whoever was calling. "Good morning Will.....What do you think you're doing?" She asked when Urs snatched the phone from her hand and disconnected the call.
"I'd like an apology." He returned with a smile, his eyes flicking towards the room where Franky was when he heard her loud 'No' being shouted. "You're not getting this back until you do." He nodded towards the phone.
"Don't hold your breath. You'll get no apology out of me. I've never known what you see in that selfish, attention-seeking bitch anyway."
"Funny that, because there are a lot of fans that do. Those that have actually met her and have bothered to read the messages I've posted. Which obviously you haven't."
"You mean those messages she posted."
"No I don't. I mean the messages I posted."
"You don't expect me to believe that?" Trista laughed. "You said yourself she reads your emails so she knows your password."
"She's only done so once and didn't really want to even then. Not that it's any of your business, but I changed my password as soon as I got my sight back. It's very rare she visits the forum now, too busy with other things."
"Of course she is. With spending your money."
"Don't even go there." Urs closed his eyes and shook his head. "It's pretty obvious I'm not going to get through to you whatever I say. But I will tell you this Trista. She knows some fans are never going to accept her being with me and she accepts that, but if I see one word of what's past between us today on the fansite I will have no hesitation in contacting the Mods to delete your account. Do I make myself clear?"
"You're not going to tell her are you?" Trista gulped, her eyes flying wide.
"That's for me to know." Urs smiled, flicked his eyebrows and set the handset back down before resuming his seat.
He picked up a magazine that piqued his interest and found an article that kept him occupied for the next few minutes. On hearing Mr Willoughby's door open again and seeing Franky walking back over to him, he tossed the magazine back onto the table.
"You okay? You looked shocked."
"That's because I am." Franky blew out a long breath, shrugging the woolen cardigan she'd removed on entering the building back on. "I'll tell you once we're in the car. You're probably going to be shocked yourself when you hear. Something been happening out here?"
"Uh-huh. She flirted with me again once you were in the office." Urs informed loud enough for Trista to hear. "And she became rather offensive about you when I told her I wasn't interested. I'm still waiting for the apology I asked for, somehow I don't think it's going to be forthcoming."
"Are you bothered?" Franky asked, glancing at the woman and seeing her hunched over her computer keyboard, listening to her grumble something unaudible.
"Yes and no. Yes because I don't like what she said about you. No, because I know the truth of who you really are and you don't care what the minority think of you."
"Good." Franky smiled, nodded, took hold of the hand Urs offered, walked past Trista without looking at her and back to the car with Urs.
"Well?" He queried and listening to Franky take a deep breath.
"Okay. Hold on to your hat." Franky grimaced. "Mike is dealing with the dispostion of Jamie's estate."
"Okay. So what's that got to do with you?"
"I'm entitled......and I mean legally entitled to claim everything because she didn't leave a will. Mike's contacted Anthony and he doesn't want a thing."
"Really? Not even when she first had leukeamia?"
"Yes really. No, not even then. It just wasn't the sort of thing she would do.......when you think about. I'd doubt she'd have done it, even if she was on her deathbed."
"Ja, me too. So why doesn't Anthony want it?"
"No idea. He just doesn't. Mike's even showed me the sworn affidavit Anthony's signed, renouncing his interest 'cos I couldn't believe what I'd heard. With me being her closest blood relative, it all comes to me. There's over ten thousand pounds left in her bank account, not to mention the jewellery."
"Wow!! You're not going to claim it are you?" Urs gasped and looked at her in astonishment when she nodded
"Yes I am and I'm going to do some good with it. I'll sell the jewellery once I've had a word with Seb, Chris and Dale to see if what they bought her is still amongst the collection. Which is quite big apparently. I don't give a damn how much I get for it, but every penny is going to charity. Equal shares to AMTM, one for heart problems I think this time and the hospital's NICU, unless of course Seb, Chris and Dale want it to go elsewhere."
"Okay. Anything else?"
"The house is mine too." Franky nodded and took another deep breath. "Apparantly June never signed the documents transferring the title deeds to her name when dad died. Not that they can find a record of in the deeds anyway. They've searched through all her documents three times and are going to look once more. If they don't find the papers within the next two weeks, legally the house becomes mine."
"And if it does? What are you going to do with it? Isn't there a couple living there at the moment?"
"They left yesterday because it wasn't a legal tenancy anyway. From what Mike has been able to find out June gave a friend of hers the keys and she moved her son and daughter-in-law in. So it has to be disposed of according to my father's will. With June and Jamie being dead and there being no documents to say otherwise, it's mine. I'm going to offer it to Gabe and Christie first. If they turn me down, then I'll fix it up and rent it out via Sissy and Neal's agency. I'll set some money aside each month to cover unexpected repairs, the rest I'll put in the children's bank accounts."
"See I was right? It was good news after all." Urs smirked and started the engine. "About time something good came out of all the bad stuff."
"Don't let it go to your head Mr Smartypants Buhler." Franky instructed with a smile, waiting for a funeral courtege to pass before pulling out onto the road.
A hearse and one small car following, heading in the direction of the crematorium while Urs checked his watch. Remembering that he and Franky had read the local paper together and had seen the details of when Henry Pell's funeral would be held as he turned in the opposite direction to head for the garage where Franky explained the situation to Gabriel in the office.
"It's a very generous offer Franky." Gabriel nodded after consulting Christie over the phone. "I'm sorry. I can't accept. We couldn't live there knowing that she once lived there."
"I knew you'd probably turn me down." Franky nodded. "Just didn't want you thinking I hadn't thought of you first."
"Don't be so bloody daft woman." Gabriel laughed and shook his head as he pulled her into a tight hug. "Since when did you ever put yourself before anyone else?"
"Erm...........Never, of my own accord anyway." Franky giggled in reply and watched Urs shaking his laughing head.
"And she never bloody will. Will she Urs?"
"I live in hope Gabe. I live in hope." Urs returned with an backward eye-roll while Franky laughed louder.
"I know." Franky huffed playfully as she took the hand he offered and walked back to the car with him. "I can't wait to see Sylvie and Frank's faces when we land in New York. Especially when they see Macy's."
"Funny. I had something else planned for when we arrived." Urs informed with a playful pout.
"You would." Franky laughed.
"I didn't mean that. Honestly, you've got a dirty mind Mrs Buhler."
"That you love Mr Buhler." Franky batted back with a flirty smile.
"I meant dinner at 'Ramone's in Times Square." Urs informed, nodding and grinning wickedly in answer to Franky's previous statement.
"What?!"
"Why do you think I asked you to pack 'the dress' for the tour?"
"You're getting so sneaky in your old age."
"You bet ya." Urs nodded, quickly falling into a fit of giggles with Franky as he re-started the car and left the industrial estate to head for home.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:35 am

What a BITCH that woman was and to think Urs would get a Hard on over her?? Geeze the air head....

Interesting turn of events for Franky..

Glad to see them happy..

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:57 am

Chapter 56 - What's It Worth?
Ignoring the young woman's loud huffing and eyerolls, Urs walked down the narrow corridor that led to the back of the jewellery dealer's shop and quickly re-located the room he'd left just moments before. He sat beside Franky but kept his eyes focused on the woman that was going to carry out the appraisal of what remained of Jamie's jewellery as he did so.
"Phew! I know you said there was a fair bit Mrs Buhler, but......Geeze!" The fair haired woman shook her head once she'd opened the first of three large jewellery boxes.
"You should have seen how much there was before it was trimmed down. And it's Franky, like I told you last time I was here."
"You've kept a few pieces?"
"No, Paige. It's all far too fancy for my taste. I let those who'd bought certain items have them back to dispose of as they wish."
"Oh! Was there really that much?"
"Yes, I could barely get the boxes closed. Urs and I set it all out on the dining-table for the gentlemen concerned to look at. There was hardly any space left by the time we'd finished."
Paige nodded, lifted the first piece out and gave the fancy gold, pearl and emerald necklace a very care inspection before weighing it and writing down its value on the notepad she had to her right hand side.
"You're really not bothered that most of this will be broken down and melted?" Paige asked, picking up the earrings that matched the necklace.
"No. I just want rid of it and I really don't care what it's all worth. I'll certainly never wear it." Franky replied, taking a mouthful of coffee before she turned her attention to Urs. "What's wrong with you? Still surprised how much Seb actually bought her?"
"Nein. I just.......I'll tell you once we've finished here." Urs shrugged, indicating the doorway with his left thumb while Franky nodded her head.
He made himself a little more comfortable in the old leather seat and sat thinking about what happened over the past few days. Franky had returned from Mike Willoughby's office with the jewellery boxes and had immediately headed for the dining-room, saying she wanted to sort through it and get rid of it, preferably before the tour started. The two of them had quickly set to work setting everything out once Franky had called Sebastien, Christopher and Dale, asking them to come over and take what they had bought for Jamie.
They'd just about finished when Dale had arrived. He'd looked at Franky, then at the table and back again before removing five items with a headshake, holding the huge diamond necklace that formed part of the whole collection and saying that he couldn't believe he'd actually paid good money for something that would look more at home on a Las Vegas showgirl. He certainly was about to give it to Clarissa and hadn't had a clue what he was going to do with it, until he thought for a few minutes. He'd left the house muttering about doing something along the same lines as Franky was doing with what was left, though Urs thought he wouldn't be donating all the money to charity, he could have sworn Dale had said something about a month long holiday in Australia for him as he closed the door.
Urs returned to the dining-room to find Franky on the phone, talking to Paige and making today's appointment, advising her that it could be a long one since there was a lot to go through and asking her old school colleague if she really wanted her to bring it all. With that question answered in the positive, Franky had jotted the time and date down then turned back to him as she hung up.

"You recognise any of this?"
"Nein, except for a couple of pieces." Urs had shrugged, indicating the three rows of pearls connected to a much larger mounted pearl surrounded by diamonds and its match drop earrings. "She wore those for dinner once, didn't seem happy that Seb had asked her to though, despite the fact he hadn't bought them for her."
"Oh." Franky nodded then shook her head as her eyes rescanned the vast collection. "I can't believe she had this much. It's all so her though.......screams 'Hey! Here I am, everyone look at me'. Urgh!"
"Ja, it does."
The gate buzzer went a few seconds later and Urs moved quickly to let Christopher drive through the gates once he'd checked the camera. Once the man was in the house, he led him to where Franky was waiting and watched his eyes fill with tears when he saw the pearls they'd just been talking about. They had once belonged to his grandmother and he was more than happy to have them back. Another look over the table found the ruby encrusted solid silver bracelet Christopher had given Jamie the Christmas before she'd had him beaten up.
"Hmmn. She never even wore that. You can keep that and sell it on one condition."
"Erm.......Okay. What condition?" Franky had asked, looking at Christopher wide-eyed.
"Whatever you get for it, now matter how much or how little, donate it to 'Headway'."
"Of course I will."
Christopher had nodded and left with a smile on his face once Franky had jotted the charity's name down and made a note of where the money was to come from. Sebastien had turned into the drive just as Christopher turned out and had given Urs sheepish look as he crossed the threshold.
It hadn't taken him long to find the cluster diamond earrings, the diamond bracelet and black sapphire necklace he'd given Jamie just two weeks after meeting her.
"Ces serait si belle dans les oreilles d'Emma." He'd sighed holding up the earrings, admiring the large centre stone and the eight smaller ones that surrounded it. "A shame she would refuse to wear them though." He huffed, shoving everything into his jeans pocket, before asking Franky what she was going to do with everything else. "Non, Franky. I will take care of that." He'd shaken his head, patting his pocket before she'd even finished explaining.
"I understand that, Seb, but I want to add to it. I won't take non for an answer."
"Okay. Je sais que je pourrais passer toute la journée à discuter avec vous, je ne gagnerais pas."
"Non. Vous ne voudriez pas. Are you sure that's all? There seems so much left. I wish I knew where it all came from."
"Oui. I am sure. What are you thinking Franky?"
"That she flee.....took advantage of more men than just you, Chris and Dale."
"Hmmn. Moi aussi." Sebastien had nodded. "It would not surprise me."
"Me neither." Urs huffed. "Especially when you take into account her age and the fact she was with each man for such a short time. In my opinion there have got to be other men. You'll just never know who they are liebling no matter how much you wish you do."
"No I won't. Oh well, looks like I'm going to have a long appointment with Paige after all."

Sebastien had left after that, Urs and Franky knowing exactly what was going to happen to the items he'd retrieved and where the money would go. Both of them had smiled at each other once Urs had returned to the dining-room and they'd begun to return the jewellery to the boxes, this time packing it neatly rather than just throwing it in the way Jamie had appeared to.
"Are you interested in selling the boxes as well?" Paige's question snapped Urs from his reverie and he turned his head to see Franky nodding. "Those I can give you a better price for, they're antique silver Edwardian, made by William Comyns of London in 1905 worth £1,575 each."
"Each!" Franky gulped, her eyes flying wide as Paige nodded with a small laugh.
"Yes. It would be shame to melt such artistry down."
"I told you Paige, I don't care which you want to buy or not and I don't care what you do with whatever you buy. I just want a fair price, nothing more."
"I know." Paige nodded her fingers flying over the keyboard of a calculator adding up the values she'd come up with. "Is that fair enough?" She asked, turning the calculator around.
"Does that include Christopher's bracelet?"
"No. I'm giving you full price for that rather than half. That's worth £3,000 alone once it's cleaned up and my mother will appreciate it."
"Okay that's a fair price." Franky nodded, showing Urs the numbers, watching his eyes widen and hearing him blow out a long breath once he'd read £804,725 twice. "Frick! Am I glad you changed your mind and came with me."
Once Paige had made arrangements for the money to be paid into Franky's bank account, both women hugged and thanked each other. Urs and Franky left the small office holding hands, Franky still looking shocked at the value of Jamie's jewels and not being bothered by Paige's front of store assistant since she was dealing with another customer.
"So, what happened between you and Tamar? Don't tell me she gave you the come on 'cos I won't believe you." Franky asked once they were in the car.
"You know she's gay?" Urs replied, looking at her wide-eyed.
"Yes, so is Paige. Don't look at me like that."
"Like what?"
"Like I should have warned you. I didn't even know Tamar worked there until I saw her behind the counter, last I heard she was living in Australia with her partner."
"Oh, sorry."
"So?"
"Oh when I came out of the toilet she asked me when I was going to leave you and let you be what you really are. I didn't understand what she meant until she said that you had to be gay because you ride a Harley."
"Oh that old chestnut! She's not still making that assumption is she?" Franky shook her head and laughed a little. "Well you know I'm not, that's what's important."
"I know. I know only too well." Urs nodded, starting the car and pulling out of the parking spot. "I just wonder what would happen if she said that to some of your female biker friends? Particularly Eva."
"I don't have to wonder. I know. Three times she tried it on with Eva. Eva played a blinder in front of all the girls, telling Tamar she liked erm.....S and M, bondage, really kinky stuff and she liked to be the one in control. I have never seen Tamar go so pale or run off so quickly. Neither me or the girls have anything against gays, women or men, but that sort of assumption is just ridiculous."
"With you on that one. You want to swing by see how the house is coming along?"
"Nope. It's in safe hands with Sissy, Neal and Leo. I.....We've still got packing to finish and you'd better behave yourself this time or we'll never be ready for tomorrow."
"Spoilsport." Urs pouted playfully, knowing that their four previous attempts at packing for the tour had come to a halt with only a few items in the cases, the pair of them not having the energy to finish because they'd made love on each occasion and had quickly fallen asleep.
"Really?" Franky batted back. "I could be worse you know? I could always hire a professional packer for the next tour."
Knowing that she was only teasing, Urs laughed and shook his head and continued to do so until they arrived home. Once they'd eaten lunch with Sylvie, Frank and Saskia, they settled the younger children down for their nap and returned to their packing. It took Urs every ounce of self-control he possessed to stop himself grabbing hold of Franky to make love to her again. That had had to wait until the children and Saskia were sound asleep and they'd done so twice, once in the shower, the other on the bed and somehow they'd still managed to get up earlier than everyone else in the house.
The flight to New York's JFK airport seemed to take no time at all and Urs replied that Franky was almost completely healed from her injury when asked by a large group of fans and that she should be well enough to perform in the Christmas show this year when a slightly smaller group asked. He smiled broadly when a few said they couldn't wait to see her performance, live or on YouTube, some even said they were looking forward to it just about as much as they were tomorrow's Il Divo concert.
As always, Franky had gone ahead with the children and Saskia to the hotel and, by the time he arrived in the suite, she was on her laptop, her fingers flying over the keyboard, doling out the money euqally to the charities she'd chosen and adding one more. Giving the final £201,181.25 to an Arthritis charity in Zurich which made both him and Sylvie smile. Her mobile beeped just as she shut the laptop down, indicating she had a message.
'Mum adores the bracelet. Won't take it off and has spent hours crying besides telling me off for spending so much on her. £3,000 paid to Headway on your behalf as requested. Paige x.'
He headed off to the soundcheck a short while later, happy in the knowledge that Jamie Strawson's averice and selfishness had been used to help those less fortunate. Something the woman herself would never have thought about doing if she had lived for another millenium.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:18 am

Well Franky did some good with all the jewelry from Jaime's Estate..

Good she let Seb and the others get their stuff back first ....

Why is it someone is always hitting on Urs or Franky?? I just don't get it.. How did they handle all that crap..

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:04 am

Chapter 57 - Never Satisfied
"What's wrong?" Urs heard Franky questioning as they were shown to their seats in the busy restaurant.
"The table near the water feature." He flicked his head in the general direction. "The dark-haired woman, she's the reason we almost walked out of the interview this morning. You should have seen the look on Carlos's face when she asked how he felt about you turning the attention from him after Karen died. I've never heard him use that sort of English, BJ wasn't happy either and most of the audience was shocked at her attitude. It was a good job it's a taped show and Damiana was around to calm us down enough to accept her apology, otherwise we would have left."
"Oh. You're not let going to let her spoil our evening are you?" Franky queried, taking a brief look at the woman after accepting a menu and making her choices quickly.
"Nein, I'm not. The concert was amazing, much better than we thought it would be, especially when we came up through the stage as we were singing. I didn't think it would go down well at all."
"Oh God don't remind me. I can remember some of those debates. Shame you're not going to be able to do it at every venue though."
"Ja it is." Urs nodded. "I forgot to tell you, she even had the nerve to ask for my mobile number after the interview." Urs informed then told their waiter what he wanted, seeing the man smiling at Franky.
"Doesn't matter, you were very pressed for time. And that's not a first."
"First time I've actually given it someone though."
"Huh? What's that smirk for?"
"Gotcha!" Urs laughed then leaned across the table to whisper something in her ear, place a kiss on her cheek as he pulled back, watching her eyes widen and her mouth gape as he sat back down.
"You didn't?" Franky asked quietly, laughing a little and watching Urs nod, still with a smirk on his face. "I wonder if she's tried ringing it yet."
"Who cares? Let's eat."
Franky nodded then looked down to the plate that had been placed in front of her and began eating the small prawns that had been cooked with wine, tomatoes, onions, green and red peppers and chilli.
"Oh that's good." She nodded approvingly after a couple of mouthfuls.
"A little too hot for my taste." Urs shook his head, swallowing water. "Frank had a good time in Macy's then?"
"That good I didn't think I would ever get him out of there. It took him ages to decide that he would like that soft toolbox."
"Mmmn. Gott help us if he ever gets near the real thing. We'd have no furniture left." Urs replied, shaking away the images of watching Frank pretending to saw the legs off the beds at the hotel.
"Well I don't think he's ever going to sing."
"Takes after his mother in that department."
"Hey! I'm not that ba.......Okay so I can't carry a tune like you. The children don't seem that bothered."
"I know. I'm only teasing. I love listening to you sing them to sleep. I would have.......Sorry."
"Please don't do that honey." Franky asked, squeezing Urs's right hand and watching him nod slowly.
"I would have missed out on so much if we had divorced. They all seem do something new every day. It's going to be hard not seeing them when you take them home, but I know you'll keep your promise to keep me up-to-date with what they're doing." Urs sighed then raised Franky's hand and pressed a gentle kiss to the back of it just as their main course of chicken cooked in a white wine and cream sauce, flavoured with Sambuca and served with potatoes and a mixed salad arrived.
That part of their meal eaten chatting and giggling about the days's other events, Franky excused herself, in need of the bathroom. Urs watched every move she made, relaxing back and fidgetting in his chair, seeing her wink then nod her head towards the water-feature table just before she disappeared through the door.
He turned his head in that direction, saw the woman who'd interviewed the group that morning approaching, but kept himself relaxed as she took Franky's seat and noticed she was wearing a thin platinum, diamond encrusted wedding band on her left hand.
"I hope all of that flirting with each other wasn't for my benefit. Actually I'm surprised she left you alone considering how she's been scowling at me since you walked in. She obviously doesn't trust you."
"Other than to look at you when we arrived, I haven't seen her look at you once. As always, she's been completely focused on me." Urs huffed. "What do you want Gayle?"
"I think Ursy made a little mistake when he gave me his cell number. A digit or two wrong perhaps? It keeps connecting to the manager of a health spa that I know has the reputation of providing services that they shouldn't. If you get my meaning."
"I think I understand." Urs smirked, knowing that he'd got the number off David and recalling how red the American's face had gone after admitting to entering the place years ago without knowing of its reputation for providing extra sexual favours at a price. "There's no mistake. I did it on purpose."
"Why would you do that?" The woman asked with a quiet hiss.
"One because you locked me in the dressing-room and put the key somewhere I wouldn't even think about going. Two, because I'm not interested in you. I love my wife and she loves me. Do you understand me?"
"Really?" The woman asked, looking towards the bathrooms. "So why is she flirting with Nick Cage? And that dress she's wearing is so not the height of fashion, I don't even recognise the designer. She must be wearing it under protest, because you wouldn't buy her something new. I wouldn't be seen dead in something that old, I'd want bigger diamonds too. I mean, you must be a multi-millionaire, considering how long Il Divo have been going."
'You wouldn't look that good in it in the first place.' Urs thought, smiling with wide eyes at the woman's last statement. "Now right there is a major difference between you and Franky. She doesn't want or need a lot of attention, she's perfectly happy with what she gets from me. Unlike you, she doesn't need to be dripping with expensive jewellery or designer label clothes. Obviously, you've never heard the expression 'Sometimes a whisper speaks volumes'. It's all too clear to me what you're about, Gayle. You stick out like a sore thumb. Just take a look around."
"How dare you?!"
"No, Gayle. How dare you?" Urs hissed, then took a deep breath to calm his anger. "Let me tell you something, the way it's been between the two of us since the very beginning. You could put the biggest diamond in the world around Franky's neck, she wouldn't be impressed and it would pale in comparison."
"Oh puuurlease! Enough with the cheesy, love-struck stuff." The woman huffed.
Urs shrugged, then turned his head to where the woman indicated and smiled when he saw the actor placing a kiss on Franky's cheek before she turned her attention to a young girl standing by his side, looking at Franky with wide eyes and mouth hanging as she knelt in front of her. The girl's head nodding quickly and smiling in response to whatever it was Franky was saying to her.
"It doesn't bother you that she's so close to another man?"
"Does it look like it? In fact you're what's bothering me more than anything my wife is doing. I'm not stupid Gayle, it's obvious you're married to someone reasonably well off, judging by the ring and the other jewels you're wearing. Why don't you try flirting with him instead of me?" Urs returned, still smiling, turning his head back to the woman then a little further. His eyes widening a little when he saw the woman's male companion heading towards the table.
"We have to go, Gayle." He snapped, grabbing the woman's left hand and attempting to pull her to her feet.
"Not now, James. I'm talking."
"Flirting again more like." James snapped back, his hand still holding Gayle's. "Yes now, unless you want to lose the show."
"What?!" Gayle yelled, leaping to her feet.
"You heard me. I've just had a call from the network, the president wants to see you. Apparently someone showed him the first interview you did with Il Divo this morning and he ain't happy. So move your butt. I apologise for my attitude Herr Buhler, I've just had enough of the way she behaves."
"No problem." Urs smiled and shook his head.
"Gayle?"
"Okay, Okay. I'm coming."
"You'd better hope I can smooth things over with him, 'cos this is the last time I'm doing it. Tomorrow morning, I'm consulting my lawyer."
"What for?" Gayle asked, launching herself from the chair and knocking it to the floor
"I warned you last time you flirted with someone else." James yelled then lowered his voice . "I've lost count of how many times you've promised not to do it, but yet you carry on. Well I'm sick of it. It's obvious you're not going to be happy until you've bedded someone with more money than me. I'm filing for divorce and if you remember the terms of our pre-nup that means you get nothing from me other than allimony. So you'd better pray that I can make Denny change his mind, though God knows why I'm even going to try."
Urs watched the couple heading for the door, Gayle pleading with her husband for another chance. James's head shaking while he informed her that he'd given her twelve already and was not going to give her anymore.
A few moments later, Franky returned to her seat with a smile on her face and quickly settled down to consulting Urs on which dessert they should share, hearing their waiter giggle when they asked for one double-sized portion of Italian Pear and Apple tart. Once the waiter had disappeared, Urs explained his confrontation with Gayle and saw Franky frown as he finished.
"You think I was a bit too harsh with her?" He asked. "I do try to ignore people like her, but it isn't easy in a place like this, especially when you don't know how far they're prepared to push."
"I know you do, honey. And I appreciate that you do defend me when women like her.......box you in. I really do." Franky smiled. "Considering what you told me about what happened at the interview.........No. No I don't think you were too harsh. It just pisses me off that some people are never satisfied with what they already have. I mean she's got a wonderful man in James according to what I've heard and read, then she goes and does something like that." Franky grunted then huffed in reply. "Anyway, that's over with. Let's talk about something else."
"Okay. What did Nick want to talk to you about?"
"Just to thank me for putting him in contact with John. He's just bought a Moto Guzzi Nevada 750 that's in need of some work from him."
"Lucky devil!" Urs pouted. "And the girl?"
"A friend's daughter." Franky shrugged. "She's been learning to skate but was thinking about giving up because she can't get the Camel spin right. I told her to keep practicing because it took me six months to get it right."
"Oooooooh you fibber." Urs laughed and shook his head, knowing that it had taken her a lot less than half that time.
"Yes, but you're the only one who knows that."
Amid much smiling and loving touches the couple finished their meal, unaware that several other couples glanced at them once in while, smiling and sighing. As they left, Urs handed Franky the paid bill once he'd paid it, knowing that she would want to add it to her collection and walked back to the hotel hand-in-hand.
On returning to their room, they found Saskia having trouble settling Serena down for the night. Franky took the little girl from her, ordered Saskia to bed and hummed the tune to Brahms's Lullaby while she rocked the grizzling baby, holding her close. Wanting a momento of the scene, Urs snapped a couple of photographs, Franky completely unaware that he'd taken them until she'd laid Serena down and he'd showed her.
One week later, Gayle conducted her last interview, tearfully announcing at the end that it was her last show, apologising to her soon to be ex-husband for the way she'd behaved throughout the marriage and saying that she still loved him before retreating to a private island on the Belize Barrier Reef.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:53 am

Once again Urs has to fend off another wanna be rich thru using him..

I am glad he finally can stand up for Franky and open up to her about it with out causing problems for them..

I really enjoy this story JJ

I spent yesterday rereading it all over again..

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:32 am

Chapter 58 - Embarrassing Moment
"Hmmn." Urs huffed after checking his watch, not seeing Franky returning as he stepped out of the shower following a swim with her and the children.
Dried and dressed in jeans and a brand new Triumph t-shirt, he left the bathroom and headed for the lounge where their nanny was playing 'Pairs' with Frank, who appeared to be winning judging by the pile of cards in front of him.
"He won't learn to accept defeat if you always let him win."
"I don't always let him win. It keeps him interested if he wins a few games by a big margin."
"Oh. So that's why he walks off when I play that game with him."
"Ya think?" Saskia asked, rolling her eyes backwards, knowing that Franky had told him exactly what she'd just said.
"Hmmn, I'm just going to see what's keeping Franky. She said she would only be ten minutes behind me."
"Okay." Saskia nodded then turned her attention back to the little boy who sat cross-legged across from her, turning over two cards and frowning when the images didn't match.
Urs laughed then left their suite and headed for the lift, politely holding the doors open for a dark-haired woman who had a mobile clamped to her ear before stepping in after her and pushing the button for the ground floor.
"I'm still trying to get a number for her. Syco and the group's management company won't give it up." The woman huffed then slid her phone closed, her conversation at an end. "Oh! It's you!"
"Sorry. Have we met before? I don't recognise your face and I'm usually pretty good at putting names to faces." Urs shrugged, taking the hand the woman offered and giving it a gentle shake.
"No. We've never met. Shelley Grogan, I work for a new group and I'm desperate to talk to your wife."
"About what?"
"Well, 'Heavenly'.........that's the name of the group." Shelley began, her head nodding quickly. "They're recording a new album as I speak, there's one song they're happy with right now and they plan on releasing it as a single along with a video of course."
"Okay." Urs nodded, his brow furrowing trying to recall if he'd even heard of the group and wondering what Shelley wanted to talk to Franky about.
"It's all right, They're only really big in Italy at the moment, hoping to break into the rest of Europe and then elsewhere with the release of this new song." Shelley laughed. "Anyway, the girls have seen those YouTube videos of your wife's skating and are desperate for her to be in the video."
"Oh. Sorry. She can't do it." Urs shook his head.
"Well I never took you for that sort of man." Shelley huffed.
"What sort of man is that?"
"The sort that makes his wife's decisions for her."
"I don't." Urs denied, glaring at Shelley and his head shaking
"Doesn't sound like it from where I'm standing."
"You've misunderstood me." Urs huffed, taking a deep breath to stop his annoyance from rising. "I have never made Franky's decisions for her. I never will. I wouldn't get away with it even if I tried. She's not allowed to skate or dance until October at the earliest. Doctor's orders."
"I'm sorry you've lost me. Not allowed?"
"She erm.........She was involved in serious motorbike accident just after our twins were born. Broke her right thigh bone so badly that it's now held together by a surgical bolt and plates."
"Oh my God!" Shelley exclaimed, her right hand flying to cover her mouth. "How awful. That must have been so hard for you."
"It would have been harder if she hadn't been found and got to the hospital.......I'm sorry, I've said too much already."
"It's all right. I've heard how much you value your private life. You have my promise not one word of our conversation will pass my lips."
"Thanks." Urs sighed. "Not that it really matters, a lot of people know already. Franky just gets fed up with reporters asking if it's true. One even grabbed hold of her and demanded the truth when we arrived. Good job I wasn't anywhere near him."
"I know how that feels." Shelley nodded then rolled her eyes. "One of the girls was all over the Italian papers a few weeks ago, accused of sleeping with her sister's ex-boyfriend. Much the same happened to her when she denied it. What they'd failed to realise is that Marcella was in Rome at the same time as Luciana and she'd made up with Paolino. It's not easy for Luciana, her being Marcella's identical twin and Paolino being one of the group's lighting engineers."
"Guess not." Urs laughed as the lift came to halt and he held the doors back again for Shelley to leave. "Glad that won't happen with our two."
"Guess I'll just have to tell the girls Franky's answer is no." Shelley sighed. "They're going to be so disappointed, but that's life. You don't always get what you want."
"Nein you don't, but I did." Urs smiled, watched Shelley head towards the reception desk while he headed for the pool area.
As he crossed the threshold, he looked around the pool, his brow furrowing again when he saw Franky still in it, her arms folded and lying on the edge, chest pressed against the side and giggling a little.
"Need a hand getting out?" He asked, offering his right hand while he watched three young men diving into the depths, looking as if they were trying to find something each time they re-surfaced.
"Not a good idea right now, honey."
"We're going to be late for lunch with the others if you don't come out soon."
"Well if you want me to be arrested for indecent exposure......" Franky began, grabbing the offered hand and pulling herself up a little.
"Where's the other half?" Urs asked, his eyes flying wide when he saw that her bottom half was naked, immediately releasing her and watching her sink back down.
"Somewhere in the pool, I'm pretty sure of that. What do you think Miguel, Cesar and Jesus are looking for? You're fault anyway. You wanted me to wear the tie-on one. And don't bother looking around for a towel. A young boy dumped all the dry ones in the jacuzzi."
"Oh." Urs nodded, looking towards the three men, his face flushing a little, recalling how his body had reacted on seeing Franky in the white bikini.
He particularly liked the gold-coloured rings that nestled between her breast and the two that sat on her hips. His eyebrows raised, his mind wondering if that was the reason the lifeguards were having trouble locating the bottom half in the white tiled pool. For a second or two, he thought about stripping down to his underwear and diving in to help until he remembered the cheeky boxers he was wearing.
"Love Machine." He laughed, thinking about the words written near the crotch.
"Something on your mind?" Franky queried, looking up at him, still giggling.
Urs nodded then told her what had happened with Shelley in the lift.
"Oh! Never heard of them, but I would have said no even if I wasn't injured."
"I know." Urs nodded just as Miguel shouted that he had found the bikini bottom and started swimming towards them.
"Gracias Miguel. Gracias por salvarme de la vergüenza!"
"No hay de que Franky." Miguel blushed, handing Franky the bottoms then turning away abruptly to swim back to his friends.
"Some sort of attraction?" Urs questioned, watching Franky tread water while she tied the fabric back into position.
"Him to me. Tried chatting me up until he realised who he was talking to, then he couldn't apologise enough."
Urs nodded then offered his hand again and helped Franky out of the pool. With a short, sheer, white sarong tied around her hips and holding hands, they made their way back to the lift. Urs noticed several men looking into the carriage before the doors closed, each of them giving Franky an admiring look though she only had eyes for him.
"Oh my goodness!" A young woman's voice suddenly filled the air causing Urs and Franky to look at each other.
Thinking he'd been recognised by a fan, he dropped his arm from Franky's waist and turned his head to see a girl of about sixteen, bouncing excitedly, fumbling around in her handbag.
"What?" She asked with a shrug. "I only want an autograph."
"I know." Urs nodded, holding out his hand, waiting for her to place the scrap of paper and pen she held there.
"Not from you. Hers." The girl informed with a tut and eye roll. "I know who you are Mister, but I ain't......I'm not in to your music so why would I want your autograph?"
"Erm....." Urs shrugged, his eyes widening a little. "I guess you wouldn't."
"Duhhhhh." The girl rolled her eyes again then turned her attention to Franky. "You are Serena Hartford's daughter aren't you? My Gran says she skated against her years ago, when she lived in England. Some sort of Junior Championships. She's always telling me how sad she was when she pulled out of the Olympics."
"Yes I am." Franky replied, her head nodding slightly as the girl paused to take a breath. "What's your grandmother's name?"
"Marianna Harpington now. Was Watts before she married Gramps."
"That's a name I've heard before. What's your name?" Franky nodded again, taking the paper and pen, signing her name quickly and watching the girl's smile broaden as she handed it back.
"Chelsea, after my dad's favourite football team." The girl replied with a backward eyeroll, taking what Franky had signed. "Oh thank you very much. Gran is not going to believe this. Those YouTube videos of you always make her cry, every time she watches them she says she doesn't understand why you never competed. She reckons you would have won at least two Olympics, if not three. Erm.......Is there any chance I could have a photo too?"
Franky nodded once more, handed Urs the camera the girl had pulled out of her bag then wrapped an arm around the Chelsea's shoulders.
"I thought he wasn't very good with technology." Chelsea whispered though her lips didn't move.
"He not too bad with a digital camera, don't even ask me what he's like with computers. We'd be stuck in here for years." Franky replied, smiling and raising her eyesbrows in a teasing manner at a grumbling and head-shaking Urs just a few seconds before he took the picture.
"Hey! Not too bad, better than my dad can do anyway. Thanks a million."
The lift stopped shortly after that and as Chelsea left a man entered, looked Franky and Urs up and down, sneering at Franky and shaking his head at Urs.
"Still slumming it then, Franky?" He asked as the lift started to move upward again.
Urs felt Franky stiffen slightly, heard her take a deep breath as she turned to face the man and spoke to him.
"No Joe, that I did when I dated you."
"Still got the quick mouth haven't you?" Joseph huffed then turned to speak to Urs. "Not knocked her into shape yet then?"
"Unlike you, she doesn't need knocking into shape. She's perfect exactly the way she is."
"Yeah right." Joseph laughed and shook his head then turned his attention back to Franky. "You really think this queer is better than me?"
"Yes, if you really must know. Urs is a billion times better than you........in every way."
Franky had barely finished speaking when a now angry Joseph raised his fist ready to strike her. However, Urs reacted quicker and soon had the man's right wrist held firm in his left hand.
"I don't think so."
Slowly, he increased the pressure and heard Joseph Thornton wince in pain as he lowered the offending limb, glaring at him all the time, just managing to stop himself from smirking, somewhat surprised at his own strength against the slightly bigger built male. The lift stopped again, this time having reached Urs and Franky's floor. They left, slipping past Joseph, watching him rub his wrist as the doors closed.
"Sorry about that. I shouldn't have let him get to me." Franky apologised. "What the hell did I ever see in him?"
"No need to apologise. Gabe and Lauren have always said he thinks he's too good for any woman, just because his parents are high up on the London Stock Exchange." Urs shook his head. "Not your fault he couldn't see that you were too good for him. Thanks for the compliment by the way."
"It wasn't so much a compliment, more a statement of fact." Franky replied, kissing him quickly.
Hand-in-hand they made their way back to their suite where Franky changed into regular clothes following one of her lightning quick showers.
Half an hour later they walked into the hotel's restaurant, greeted the others and started chatting about what they been up to since their arrival. Each couple talking excitedly about everything they'd seen and done since arriving in Los Angeles. A few minutes later Joseph entered with a woman on his arm who Urs recognised immediately and suspected she was cheating on her husband.
"Well if ever two people deserve each other, it's those two." He informed Franky in a whisper, nodding to where Joseph and Astrid had been placed.
"Urs!" Franky gasped, looking at him with a shocked expression for a few seconds before turning her head to the couple, watching Joseph take his seat opposite his companion. "Do you know that woman he's with?"
"Astrid." Urs nodded. "As far as I know she's still married to Jeroen. Is he still with Laria?"
"Last time I saw them they looked like they were still together." Franky shrugged. "Maybe you're right."
"No maybe about it. I am right." Urs nodded then turned his attention to the menu and placed his order quickly.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:43 am

Poor Franky losing her swim bottoms in the pool..

And that girl she really stunned Urs..

Joe had to show up and act a Bastard to Franky, glad Urs was there to set him straight on touching HIS WIFE.. How sickening to hear him call URS queer.. He should have been Bitch slap for just that comment..

So Joe is screwing around with one of Urs's ex's.. Wow will wonders never stop...

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:55 am

Chapter 59 - Little Runaway
Urs leapt from the people carrier before it had stopped completely outside the hotel and sprinted towards the entrance.
"Sorry sir, I can't let you in at the minute. There's a kid missing." A police officer informed, grabbing his arm, stopping him dead in his tracks.
"Ja. My son." Urs replied, angrilly whipping his arm from the man's grip. "You see the redheaded woman, that's my wife."
"Nice try. You're the third one that's tried that since we arrived." The officer laughed, grabbing hold of Urs again and beginning to push him to one side despite his protestations.
"Let him go Robert, he's telling the truth." A female voice instructed from behind Urs, whose head whipped round to see a blonde-haired woman smiling at him.
As soon as the grip eased, Urs gave the woman a quick thank you then ran into the lobby to find members of staff and police officers looking around, trying to find Frank. Spotting Franky talking to another officer near the entrance to the bar, he headed in that direction and took a deep breath before he spoke.
"He hasn't been found then?"
"No. I don't even know how he got out of the room, I'm sure I locked the door after you'd left." Franky replied with a sniff, wiping away tears from eyes he'd never seen before. Eyes that told him she was frantic with worry as he took her into his arms and gently stroked her back.
"I know you did. I heard it click." He soothed as David, Carlos and Sebastien approached, hoping she couldn't feel him shaking almost as much he could feel her.
"Not found him then?" David queried.
"Do you think we'd be standing here if we had?" Urs snapped in reply. "Sorry."
"It's okay. It was a stupid question to ask." David shrugged then turned his attention to Carlos and Sebastien. "Come on you two, let's join the hunt. I've already told them to be prepared to cancel tonight, not that I really needed to after they'd heard the news."
Carlos and Sebastien nodded and were soon following David towards where yet another officer was assigning her colleagues their search areas.
"Okay. Let's go through this again." The officer who Franky had been talking to stated after introducing himself as Tyler Harrison. "You're son wanted to go to the arena with his father this morning, you both told him no and you locked the door after his father left. You then took your son into the lounge area and left him in front of the tv for a few minutes while you went to the bedroom to deal with one of your other children and answer a phone call. It's your au pair's day off and your eldest child is out with her grandparents. On your return the door was open and Frank was nowhere in sight."
"That's right." Franky nodded, sniffing loudly.
"And you're positive you locked the door?"
"Yes."
"If my wife said she locked the door then she locked the door." Urs snapped on seeing a sceptical look on Tyler's face. "Besides which I heard her lock it and so did my friends."
Tyler ummed, turned to another officer and asked him to go and check if what Urs had said was true. He remained silent for a few moments then nodded, seemingly satisfied that it was when he saw the other three members of the group nodding.
"Has he ever done anything like this before?"
"Not out of a hotel room because this is the first time he's wanted to go with me." Urs shook his head. "He did get out of the house when my wife was called to her business to deal with complaining customer. He only got as far as the gates though and I still don't know how he got the door unlocked."
"I see." Tyler nodded. "Well there's nothing you can do here. I suggest you both go back up to your suite, just in case he turns up there."
"No. I want to go........"
"No, Franky." Urs sighed, pulling her tighter against him. "I know you're worried, so am I, but Tyler's right. Kurt and Serena are upstairs. They need us."
"But........"
"No buts." Urs shook his head at the pleading look Franky gave him and attempted to dry her eyes. "Come on."
Swallowing hard, Franky reluctantly allowed him to guide her to a lift though she looked through the glass entrance doors as they moved. It didn't take them long to make it back to their suite and they found Ria watching over the twins with Carina in her lap.
"Where Fank?" Carina asked a smile lighting up her face. "He paying hidey go seek 'gen?"
"Ssshhhh, Carina." Ria pleaded. "No Frank is not playing hide and seek. He's been a naughty boy and left the room without his mummy or daddy."
"Oh. He in big troubles when he get back den."
"Yes. Now shush." Ria stated, taking Carlos's daughter and guiding her to the coffee table to play a game.
"I sorry Fanky."
"It's all right sweetheart." Franky gave the little girl a weak smile then moved towards where the twins lay, sleeping soundly. "Someone's taken him, Urs. That's the only answer." She nodded, touching Kurt gently on the cheek. "Someone's taken advantage of the fact that the security system is down and they've taken him."
Urs stepped forward, placed his hands on her shoulders and turned her quickly to face him.
"Don't think like that." He instructed firmly though he was beginning to suspect the same thing. "They'll find him and he'll be just fine. You'll see." He attempted a smile then held her tight against him so that she couldn't see the tears beginning to form in his own eyes, the fingers of one hand curling tight in her hair, her arms wrapping around his waist, holding him tight, still shaking.
They remained that way for what seemed like hours, giving each other the ocassional squeeze, Franky sniffing once in a while attempting to get some control only to be unable to do so. They both moved quickly when a knock came at the door and Urs moved to answer it.
"They haven't found him yet?"
"No Mami." Urs shook his head, pulling back from the hug Sylvie gave him then watching her run towards Franky. "I don't know what to do. Franky needs me, but I want to go and help find him."
"How long's he been missing?"
"About an hour and a half. He could be anywhere by now."
"You're not thinking a fan has him are you? There were so many who spotted you with him at the airport yesterday."
"Actually I am beginning to think so." Urs nodded. "I knew I should have insisted he go with Franky."
"It wouldn't have made much difference. So many know what she looks like now. Even Sylvie had an encouter with a couple today." Frau Buhler soothed and watched her son's eyes widen slightly. "Don't look so worried, they were very nice to her. All three of them concerned as to why Franky is limping. You should've seen their faces when Sylvie told them Franky had broken her leg again and now had a steel bolt in it. They looked very concerned, until I told them she was doing just fine."
"Oh. I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later?"
"Ja. You can't have her go with you on tour and not expect someone to recognise her. Just look at the reaction she got when you arrived in Denver."
"I know, Papi. I've never seen her face go so red." Urs nodded, turning to look at Franky and recalling that they'd heard a loud shout of her name go up as she entered the arrivals area of the airport.
A large group of fans had congregated there, several of whom had witnessed Franky's performance at the Big Bear Arena. All of them paying her huge compliments and stating that he must have been very proud of her. Her face flushing redder than the dress she'd worn once he'd told them he was very proud of her, particularly since she'd had a little over twenty-four hours notice. Sebastien, David and Carlos confirming that when several long gasps of disbelief went up.
Franky graciously accepting more compliments before moving away, leaving him to deal with the asked for autographs and photo opportunities, her face still red as she took hold of the twin buggy Sylvie was struggling with and instructing her to help Saskia with Frank before they made their way to the waiting people carrier. Franky walking behind the other women, keeping an ever watchful eye on her easily distracted son and quickly correcting him when he played up, wanting to go somewhere other than where he was supposed to.
He smiled at the image that had formed in his head then moved to answer the phone when he heard it ring.
"Where?" He asked, closing his eyes once he'd listened to what was being said. "Okay. Danke."
"Urs?" Franky gasped, her eyes wide, looking straight at him.
"They found him. They're bringing him back up as I speak."
"Where? Is he all right?"
"He's fine, angel. Completely unharmed, but scared. They found him in the toilets at the ice-cream parlour just down the road." Urs informed with huffed laugh, holding Franky tight again.
A few moments later there was another knock at the door and Urs answered once more, this time revealing a young woman standing there with a police officer by her side and teary-eyed Frank in her arms.
"Papi." Frank sniffed when he realised where he was and quickly turned into his father's arms. "I in big troubles, aren't I?"
"Ja, you are." Urs nodded and set his eldest child on his feet. "You'd better go and say sorry to Mami." He pointed in Franky's direction, watched Frank run to her then turned his attention to the police officer and woman.
"We didn't even know he was there until a man came out of the bathroom with him in his arms, saying that he'd found him in there crying for his Mami." The woman shrugged. "It took us ages to get his name out of him and when I realised who he was I found this officer." The woman paused to look at the young man standing beside her, her face flushing when he returned her smile. "He told me what had happened, tried to take Frank from me but he wouldn't let go of me and insisted I bring him back."
"Thank you." Urs nodded, seeing Saskia leaving the lift having returned from a brief sight-seeing trip, looking somewhat confused by all the commotion.
"Little scamp." She sighed and shook her head once she was inside the suite and had been told what had happened.
"I can't think of any other way to thank you other than to say it." Urs informed the young woman with sigh of relief.
"If I can get my program signed tonight that would be more than enough. I've tried three times already." She shrugged in reply. "My name is Tina, I have a front row ticket and I'll be wearing a silver top."
Urs nodded, looked to Franky who had Frank held tight in her arms following a stern telling off.
"Thank you Tina." She smiled, knocking tears from her eyes.
"You're welcome Mrs Buhler." Tina nodded, returning the smile. "Bye bye Frank."
"Bye bye." Frank waved after drying his eyes.
With another thank you, Urs closed the door and locked it then made his way over to where Franky sat with a drowsy Frank in her lap. David called a few seconds later to confirm that his godson had been returned safe and sound, making Urs release a quick laugh followed by another sigh of relief.
"You look tired. Go to bed." He instructed Franky, gently touching the back of a now sleeping Frank's head.
"I'm okay."
"You can't be. I feel exhausted after all this, so you must be too. Bed. Mami, Papi, Saskia and Sylvie can take care of the terrible twosome until I get back."
"Soundcheck not finished then?" Franky asked, standing with Frank in her arms after a quick look at the women and noticing that Ria and Carina had somehow left without her noticing.
"No. Technical hitch. We'd barely started when I got the call."
Franky nodded then headed for the bedroom and laid Frank in his crib. She spent a few seconds watching him sleep then settled herself close by. Urs covered her over, gave her a gentle kiss on the lips and left her with a firm instruction to sleep.
He returned after the soundcheck to find both of them still asleep and joined Franky for a couple of hours himself. At the concert, Franky kept her eye out for Tina and approached her with the signed program once she'd found her seat. Much to the amazement of those around her, Tina accepted another thank you and a hug from Franky. Urs watching Tina shake her head, somehow knowing her friends were asking why she'd received such special treatment. Tina herself saying nothing in response, clutching the program tight against her chest, a huge smile on her face.
The following morning, Frank woke, disappointed that his parents had decided that they would not be going to La Ronde, but accepting his punishment once Urs had given him a stern look that said no amount of sulking or stropping would make them change their minds. Instead, they spent their day off at Montreal Botanical Gardens. The little boy having just as much fun looking at a multitude of insects, a huge smile lighting up his face when a huge butterfly landed on his hand, staring in awe at the brightly coloured animal.
"I fink that was the bestest day ever Papi." Frank informed sleepilly as Urs settled him down in bed that night. "Can we go there gen on next tour?"
"Sure we can." Urs nodded, laughing a little at the image of a four year old Frank possibly creating havoc in the butterfly house, chasing after the insects. "You ready to tell me how you got out of the hotel yesterday?"
"I....I sneakered out when the lady with towels came in. Mami was on the phone wid Unca Gabe and changing Kurt at the same time and the lady wasn't seeding me. Der was dis mester at da lifts and I followeded him all the way to the ice-cream place. Der was lots and lots and lots of people in der, all chitter-chattering away. I was scared I thoughted was going to hurl so I wented to the bathroom and that's where another mester founded me."
"I see." Urs nodded. "Promise me you won't do anything like that again, Frank. Mami was really worried, everyone was."
"I pomise." Frank nodded after yawning widely. "I like you aren't I Papi? Cleder, but a big, dumb, dummyhead somethetimes."
Urs huffed a laugh and tucked his eldest child in then placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. "Somethetimes, ja you are."
He watched Frank sleeping for a few moments wondering how high his IQ would have been if he had been born at full term and the tester's disbelief when she'd double-checked his notes before telling him and Franky that she considered Frank a 'gifted child'. He laughed quietly then returned to the lounge area to spend some time with Franky, knowing that she and the children would be heading back to England in morning while Il Divo would be flying to South America to continue the tour.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 9:50 am

Boy Frank was a handful wasn't he and he thinks he is like his father.. giggles

I am so glad they found him...

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:58 am

Chapter 60 - Eye Problems.
"Can't he sing something else?" Urs asked Franky in a whisper while they listened to their son singing the final verse to 'The Wheels On The Bus' completely out of tune and at the top of his lungs over and over again.
"Leave him alone." Franky laughed and shook her head, watching Frank point to himself on 'I', move his right hand to his heart on 'love' and point to both of them on 'you'. "Blame Lauren not me anyway. She taught it him."
"I'll have a word with her later." Urs nodded once then turned his attention to the door Sylvie had entered twenty minutes before as it clicked open.
"Her eyesight is perfect."
"Good. So why does she get those headaches she been complaining of throughout the tour?"
"They're probably Barometric Pressure headaches Urs, taking into account that she's gone from climate to climate to climate just lately. If you take her with you again, a humidifier or ionizer in her room might help."
"Thanks Callista." Franky nodded at the middle-aged optician she'd been to all her life.
"No problem Franky. Now let's check Frank shall we?"
"I not going." Frank yelled, leaping to his feet, running towards the play area and quickly burying himself in the ballpit.
"Here we go again. I'll get him." Urs huffed and rolled his head on his neck.
"You've had trouble with him before?" Callista asked a headshaking Franky.
"During the tour. He tripped and chipped one of his front teeth. We had a hell of time getting him to sit still while the dentist repaired it. He thought he was going to pull it out."
"Stop squirming!" Urs's voice suddenly filled the air, his arms buried elbow deep in multi-coloured balls. "You've got to come up for air at some point."
"Don't." Frank's muffled voice informed followed by giggle.
"It's not funny."
"I think it's absolutely hysterical. If only your fans could see you now. Out-witted at every turn by his two year old child." Franky nodded with smirk on her face, falling into roaring laughter when Urs shot her another playful scowl.
"He's like a greased pig. You grab hold of some part of him and just when you think you've got a secure hold, he's off again."
"Well now you what I went through in Macy's."
"That was your idea to take him there not mine." Urs reminded with a single nod just before he spotted Frank's left leg amid the balls and lunged for it. "Gotcha! You little monster!" He yelled, gently pulling his son into his arms and finding his way out of the pit.
"No! I not going." Frank protested, beating his little clenched fists on his father's chest.
"You've got to. It's important."
"No! Won'ts." Frank yelled again, moving his fist ready to strike again, tears brimming in his eyes when his father grabbed his wrist and moved it back down by his side. "She not taking Fank's eyeses out to have a look at them." He sniffed and shook his head vigorously, his curls flying in all directions.
"It doesn't work like that." Urs informed with a matching headshake. "Look at Sylvie. She looks all right doesn't she and so does Mami."
"Yeeeeeeees." Frank nodded slowly after taking a long hard look at his mother and half-sister. "Why you no been in?"
"Because I don't need to yet." Urs shook his head. "I can see as well as Sylvie and Mami can, but it is important to have your eyes checked regularly. I'm coming in with you so there's no need to be afraid."
"Okay." Frank relented and insisted on being slipped to the floor, holding Urs's hand as they walked into the exam room and took a seat in the big chair.
"Because of his prematurity, you do realise I'm going to have to perform some extra tests?" Callista informed quietly while she watched Frank looking around from his position on Urs's lap.
"Yes." Urs nodded, watching Frank take hold of a card with pictures and letters on and making sure he understood what he needed to do .
"What's this one Frank?" Callista asked, holding up a large letter 'C' from a few feet away.
"Dat one." Frank smiled, turned the card and pointed at the right letter.
"Good boy. And this one?"
"Ducks." Frank nodded with a huge smile on his face, indicated again and continued to do so until he'd identified ten items correctly. "What's that for?" He asked, watching Callista approach with an ophthalmascope
"See it has a little light on so that I can see into the back of your eyes. It won't hurt but need you to keep your eyes open. Do you know which way left is?"
"Yes. That way." Frank pointed to his left proudly. "I know dat 'cos Mami is always complaing that the ticky-tick thing in the car doesn't alltheways turn off when she turns that way and it goes 'click' when we go the other way."
"Good boy." Callista smiled and gave his hair quick ruffle. "Now eyes open and move them in whatever direction I tell you."
"Okay."
"Look at the wall in front of you." Callista instructed, moving the light closer to Frank's right eye, breathing slowly for few moments while she inspected the front of then moving to the left to do the same. "That's it. Now look to the left and to the right. Good. Up to the ceiling and down to the floor." She smiled and moved back to the right hand side to repeat the process. "No problems there."
"Good." Urs nodded, breathing a sigh of relief while the lights were turned back on and a field of vision test was conducted.
Frank looking at the wall again while Callista covered one eye and asked him to tell him how many fingers he could see to his right without moving his eyes or head to look. A slight frown crossing her face when he said three on the periphery of his vision and kept saying three until the fingers were directly in front of his eye and proudly saying two. The process repeated on the other side, telling her there were two on the periphery on that side when she held up three, switching to three when they were in front him.
"Okay." Callista sighed with a look to Urs who appeared to realise that something wasn't right when she heard him swallow hard and shake his head while she reached for another implement. "I've got to use this now Frank." She informed, smiling and showing him a pen-like instrument, taking hold of his hand and showing him that it would release a tight puff of air onto his eye by pressing the button so that he could feel it on the palm of his hand.
"Okay." He nodded cheerfully and sat still as the air hit each of his eyes three times.
"I think we'd better get Franky in." Callista informed, heading for the door when Urs nodded and calling her in. "Take a seat Franky."
"He does have a problem doesn't he?"
"Yes. Glaucoma."
"But something can be done about it?" Urs queried, allowing Franky to take hold of the little boy, the two of them knowing that he could go blind if the condition was left untreated.
"It's not going to be helped by medication. That's why I'm going to refer you to the hospital or you could go private."
"I think we'll go private." Urs nodded after a quick look to Franky to see her nodding.
"Okay. I'll just print off his notes and you can take them with you. I'll give you a list of clinics on the way out."
"Can I have that Superman suit for being good? The one the fills with air and would make me look like you Papi." Frank asked with a hopeful smile as they left the room to find Sylvie engrossed in a book.
"We've told you no twice and we mean no." Urs shook his head, taking him from a sighing Franky. "You're not old enough for it. You have to be four years old at the least Frank. How about we get you that savings bank you said you'd like instead?"
"Okay." Frank nodded, pouting a little then waving bye-bye to Callista as they left building.
Breaking into song again as he was strapped into his car seat and continuing to sing the same verse over-and-over again on the drive home. Wanting to go and play on his trampoline when they arrived, but reluctantly sitting on his father's lap while his parents gently told him that he might need an operation on his eyes.
"No!" He protested loudly while Franky held him against her chest and Urs made a call to a private clinic, organising an appointment to see a specailist for the next morning. "I run away again."
"Francis." Franky growled with a warning look, knowing that her son knew she only ever used his full name when he was being naughty or problematic. "Do you really want to upset Mami and Papi again? Like you did in Montreal when we couldn't find you in the hotel room. When you ran away because you wanted to go to the soundcheck with Papi and he said no."
"No. I said I sorry for making you cy."
"I know." Franky nodded, wiping his eyes. "But you may need the operation and if you don't have it you could end up like Tiffany."
"Not seeings, never again?" Frank's eyes brimmed again, recalling the little blind girl he'd met down at the pool in New York with his father during the tour.
"Never again." Urs shook his head, resuming his seat next to Franky.
"Okay. I go."
"There's nothing to worry about. You won't feel anything. You'll be fast asleep while they operate."
"Like Mami was when they opterated on her leg?"
"Ja." Urs nodded then watched Franky take him to the kitchen for his dinner while he headed for the phone again.
Telling his parents the news first and hearing his mother sniff down the line. Sebastien grumbled something quietly from Paris before passing the news on to Emma, both of them saying they would be thinking about Frank before he hung up. David cursing because he'd woken him. Him and Lauren saying much the same from Colorado. Carlos swearing too, telling Barbara-Jean, also wishing him good luck and passing on their best wishes from Madrid.
"Urs. Dinner's on the table." Franky's shout filled the air and he moved quickly to the kitchen to find that she'd prepared Lasagne, Frank's favourite.
Watching the little boy eat with gusto and asking for more as he finished while Franky seemed to push her meal around her plate with her head down. Reaching over to take hold of her hand and give it a gentle squeeze. Seeing tears glistening in her eyes as she raised her head to look at him.
"Hey. We knew this could happen. You'll have him in tears if he sees you crying."
"I know." Franky sniffed, nodded and dried her eyes. "Thank you. What did everyone have to say?"
"Following some rather choice swearing, they said good luck and that they would all be thinking of us and Frank tomorrow."
Franky smiled and nodded as they heard the front door opening and closing. Listening to Saskia cooing over Serena and Kurt as she made her way in.
"Didn't go too well then?" She asked after making her way into the kitchen, one child in each arm.
"No. Frank might need an operation." Urs replied with headshake, taking Serena and holding her sleeping form against his chest, Franky doing the same with Kurt and finally eating her meal while Saskia helped herself and sat down with them.
"Oh dear." Saskia tutted, giving the little boys head a stroke.
"Swims later Mami?" He asked after swallowing the last of his meal.
"In a couple of hours." Franky smiled and looked to Sylvie when she heard her sniff. "You too dafty."
"Okay Mami."
"I'm sorry we can't go riding tomorrow sweetheart."
"It's okay." Sylvie shrugged. "I can always practice the piano or help Saskia while you're at the hospital. And Aunt Merle says she has plenty of riding planned for us when I go over to Germany."
"I know." Franky nodded and looked at Urs.
"Once the children are in bed. We'll take the Eagle up to Devil's Drop." He smiled softly and watched Franky nod quickly, knowing that was where she always went to cry away her pain.
His mind going back to a few months ago, taking her there on his motorbike and holding her tight against him. Tears moistening his own eyes while she sobbed in her arms for over twenty minutes.
Their meal finished, Saskia insisted on clearing up despite Franky's protestations. The family moved into the lounge and settled down to watch 'Shrek' on television, Frank laughing loudly though he didn't understand the jokes that made his parents giggle. The movie finished, Urs bathed and fed Kurt while Saskia did the same with Serena and Franky headed towards the pool with Frank and Sylvie. Loud laughing filling the air, when Franky yelled 'Kersplash!!'
After an hour he was given a bath by Franky who ended up soaked to the skin herself and had to change before reading him a story. Urs and Saskia taking the twins up, to find her lying beside Frank's sleeping form, a soft Superman toy held tight against his chest while Franky stroked his head and looked around the room she and Urs had finished decorating for him just a few days ago.
Recalling the look of surprise they'd seen on his face once they'd finally allowed him into the Superman themed room. His little eyes wide, his mouth gaping for a few seconds, until it turned into the 'Stunned Goldfish' look and he ran in, exploring everything then bouncing on the bed and flopping onto it with a big grin on his face. Getting up after a few moments to give his mother and father a very tight neck squeeze and a snuffled 'Thank You'.
Urs handing Serena over to Sylvie, making his way into Frank's room and perching himself on the bed. Holding Franky's hand tight and patting Frank's shoulder gently until they heard him snoring. Moving to leave the room quietly, only pausing to take one last look at their son before closing the door.
Heading to their room to change into their motorbike leathers, telling Saskia that they wouldn't be very long as they headed out of the back door.
"Take as long as you need." She shook head and smiled before she pushed the door closed.
Riding at the appropriate speed up to Devil's Drop to spend a few moments looking out to see the sun setting on the horizon. Urs holding Franky from behind, only turning her around to face when he heard begin to cry. Stroking her head and reassuring that Frank would be fine, his eyes closed and holding her tight against him.
"Sorry." She sniffed and dried her eyes as the separated.
"There's no need to be sorry. It's better than keeping it in." Urs shook his head and dried his own eyes as he led her back to the bike.
Feeling that now so familiar shudder run through his body once she'd settled herself behind him. Riding back with the same care and attention to find Saskia still awake and crying over some weepy film. Locking up their home and reminding Saskia to set the alarm as they head up to bed.
"Are you ever going to stop that?" She asked with her usual cheeky smile.
"It's been a while." Urs shrugged and heard Franky huff a quick laugh as he gently pulled her upstairs to bed.
Feeling a little disappointed that they couldn't make love because it was the wrong time of month for Franky, but assuming their usual positions as they settled down. Urs remembering to set the alarm clock, though he didn't think it would be needed then closing his eyes and reliving their time in Mauritius while they slept.
Turn the page
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 8:17 am

Poor Frank, but they knew there was a chance he would have problems being born to early..
Hopefully he will do fine with the specialist..

I love Urs trying to find him in the balls.. To funny!!

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 4:05 am

Chapter 61 - Brave Little Soldier
"Francis, you stop that right now!" Urs yelled, snatching him from Franky's arms and seeing her raise her hand to the part of her head where Frank had pulled her hair hard enough to bring tears to her eyes.
"Don't shout at him Urs. He's just hungry and scared. Doesn't quite understand what they're going to do to him." Franky pleaded, shaking her head and gently touching her crying little boys face. "There's nothing to be scared of sweetheart, you'll be in dreamland for the whole thing. You won't know anything about it."
"I hungy. Why I no can't eat?"
"Because they're going to have to put a tube down your throat to keep you breathing while you're asleep." Urs explained for the second time, walking over to an easy chair and settling frightened child on his lap. "Your tummy needs to be empty so you can't be sick while they're operating."
"Oh! I don't like being sicks. It smell gross and looks 'orridble."
"I know." Urs nodded, recalling that Frank and Sylvie had a stomach bug a few weeks ago and neither of them had been able to keep anything down for a day or so. "Now you apologise to Mami for what you just did."
"Sorry Mami." Frank sniffed, his arms wrapped tightly around Franky's neck, his face buried into her shoulder.
"It's all right." Franky soothed then began singing his current favourite song once she'd sat down.
Twice they managed to get through the whole song before the door to Frank's room opened and an orderly pushed a stretcher in, smiling as he informed he was there to take Frank for his Trabeculectomy.
"I not going on that. I want Papi carry me down."
"Oh! I'm gutted." The orderly pouted. "Here was me thinking you would enjoy a ride on the wonky train. See this thing never runs straight, I always have fight on my hands to get it to go the right way."
"It's true." Urs nodded when Frank looked at him doubtfully. "Remember what we saw when we arrived and how much that little girl laughed."
"I member." Frank nodded releasing the hold he had on Franky and allowing Urs settle him on the stretcher. "She was sillies. Telling it to behave."
"Yeah, it never listens." The orderly nodded, pulling the door open again and pushing Frank out. "Hey, wrong way again, you silly thing." He tutted, turning the stretcher to the left rather than to the right, spinning around in a full circle to get it going the right way.
Urs held Franky's hand tight, both of them giggling a little as they listened to a laughing Franky being pushed down the corridor, the stretcher going down one side for a few yards before suddenly heading off to the other, spinning around twice and getting stuck at one point. Refusing to move in any direction until Frank apologised for call it stupid.
Having already asked Frank who he wanted with him while he was sent to dreamland, Franky stepped into the small room leaving Urs to look through the small round window. He watched as the aneathetist rubbed some cream onto the back of his left hand while Franky sang with him again. A few minutes later, his eyes closed for a few seconds, unable to bear watching Frank's skin being punctured. He heard Frank counting down from ten to nine, eight, seben then nothing more. He opened his eyes just in time to see Franky placing a gentle kiss on Frank's forehead and knocking a tear from her eyes before she was escorted from the room.
"There's a cafe on the third floor or you can use the garden while you wait." A nurse informed, watching Urs take hold of Franky's hand.
"Danke. I mean thank you." Urs nodded then looked at Franky, knowing that she hadn't eaten breakfast that morning. "Didn't expect it to happen quite this quickly did you?"
"No." She sniffed in reply. "I thought more tests, give it a day or two and then he'd have whatever treatment he needed."
"I know. I saw the look of astonishment on your face when Doctor Cater said he could do it today. At least he won't have to wear the shields all the time."
"I know. Just at night." Franky nodded. "Applying those drops every four hours for the next six weeks is going to be a nightmare. He's just like you when it comes to medication."
"I'll take care of that." Urs smiled, his head nodding. "Come on, let's go and get something to eat."
The couple headed for the cafe, surprised to find that it had waitress service and quickly ordered a sandwich and coffee once they were seated. Urs watched Franky shudder and grabbed hold of her right hand, wondering if she had the same images flashing through her mind as he did right now. Images of seeing part of Frank's eyes being cut open to relieve the pressure.
He shook those images from his head, deciding to focus on what they'd been told after more tests instead. He swallowed hard recalling that they'd shown the pressure was so high in Frank's eyes that he needed the operation as soon as possible. If they waited until he was older there was a serious risk he could be blind before he reached the age of four. Doctor Cater saying that he had an opening later in the day that would give him enough time to carry it out.
Once the procedure had been explained, they'd signed the authorisation without any hesitation, despite the fact it wasn't usually done on someone so young. In his thirty year career, Doctor Cater had only done so four times on a child under the age of five and all of those had been premature babies.
"What was your vision like before you had it corrected?" Franky's question brought him back to her. "You never have told me."
"Terrible. Had to wear my glasses from the moment I woke up until I went to bed. Tried contacts for a while but I was forever losing them. Wasn't legal to drive without them or anything else for that matter."
"That bad?! Wow! Did it hurt?"
"The correction?" Urs queried after swallowing the first bite of his sandwich, seeing Franky nod while taking a bite of hers. "No. I didn't feel a thing. Things were just a bit blurry for a minute or two afterwards. The only down side was that I had to wear those awful sunglasses, indoors and out. I got some funny looks whenever I wore them indoors."
"Well at least you looked better in those than you did in the last pair of eyeglasses I saw you wearing."
"Don't! I hated them too." Urs shook his head at the mention of the bright yellow framed glasses.
"Then why did you choose them?"
"I didn't. Astrid did, ordered them as a second pair for my birthday. She only chose them because they were a designer label and had been considerably reduced in price. You know how she tried to keep me down. She was the same with my clothes. Always buying me things I hated. I never wore them though. I only wore the glasses for few days because I'd broken the ones I liked and they were the first thing I threw out the day I decided to leave her. Unlike you, she never paid any attention to what I actually liked."
"So you're not mad at me for throwing that old leather coat out and buying you a new one for your birthday?"
"No. It fits much better than the old one and I wouldn't wear it if I didn't like it, would I?"
"No. I did hear several ladies saying how much better you look in it."
"Want to be my wardrobe mistress?"
"Thought I already was in some ways." Franky laughed. "During in a tour though? No way. I have enough craziness to deal with already without adding your nitpicking organisation to it, thanks all the same."
Urs laughed knowing that she was talking like this in an effort to take her mind off what was being done to Frank and that he'd playfully told her off for putting a coloured shirt between two white ones two days ago.
Their meal finished, they decided to head outside and make for the garden now that it had stopped raining. They found a small bench and sat down to admire the beauty of the plants that were blooming wherever they looked. They had no idea how long they sat there in silence, Urs with his arms wrapped around Franky's waist, but it seemed like hours had passed when he felt a nurse tapping him on the shoulder, informing that Frank was in the Recovery Room.
"Everything went very well. Now it's just aftercare." Doctor Cater informed with a smile, once they were inside the room.
"Thank you." Franky sniffed glancing at him, Frank's chubby little left hand held in her right, the fingers of her left raking through his curls.
Urs thanked the doctor too then moved to the other side of the bed as he left. He took hold of Frank's right hand and listened to him mumble something before turning his attention to Franky.
"What?" He shrugged on hearing her chuckling.
"Nothing. Just nice to see you relax now it's all over."
He grunted a laugh in response, knowing that she was right, he had been a little more than tense since waking up this morning, but had felt all the worry diminish as soon as he'd stepped through the door. He smiled then watched Franky lower her ear to Frank's mouth so that she could hear what he was mumbling. She raised her head after few seconds with a huge smile on her face and gave Frank's hand a squeeze.
"What did he say?"
"He dreamed while he was asleep."
"What about? Flying around like Superman as usual?"
"No." Franky shook her head. "Riding my Triumph around Europe, at least that's what I think 'trumph' and 'rope' mean."
"Like that will ever happen." Urs flicked his head and laughed. "You won't even let me ride that one." He pouted then watched Franky shake her head, still with a smile on her face. "Are you planning something?"
"Me? I'm sure I don't know what you mean."
Urs laughed a little louder, knowing that she was up to something but also knowing that she wouldn't tell him until the time was right, no matter how much he pressed her.
'Gott! I've got to teach him something new.' He smiled, his attention back on Frank and hearing him slowly singing 'Wheels On The Bus' until he drifted back off to sleep, wrapped in his mother's embrace.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:10 am

I know they were worried about the surgery, but now it is over he will do better..

He is such a brave little man and so like his father..

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 2:55 am

Chapter 62 - Devonshire Surprise
Urs waited at the bottom of the stairs, listening to baby giggles drift down to him, knowing that Franky was blowing raspberries on Kurt and Serena's little pot bellies while the tub filled up. He didn't need to be up there to know exactly what was going on, they'd both done it with Frank after all and had the photographs and DVDs to remind them. Once he heard her singing 'Rubber Ducky' to the twins, he smiled then turned and headed into the lounge where he found Frank sitting on the floor, looking bemused as he scanned the room.
"What's the matter, Bruiser." He asked, taking a seat beside him. "Missing Sylvie?"
"A diddy bit." Frank shrugged, a small pout on his face knowing that his sister was visiting her grandmother. "Why they not build this house big like our house Papi? This room smaller than my bedroom."
"Ja, I know. Erm.....You've seen small houses like this before."
"I know. But not this smalls. You and Mami don't have to ducks your head to get true dose doors."
"Nein, we don't. When this house was built, people were a lot smaller, like Derren."
"The little mester that works for Mami?" Frank asked and watched his father nod. "Uncle Gabe calls him 'Dinky Dez' 'cos he so small. He strong though."
"I know." Urs laughed, ruffling Frank's hair, laughing a little harder when he cowered away and shot him the scowl that asked him not to do that. "Not disappointed we haven't gone to Disneyland then?"
"A little bit. I can wait till Kurt and Seri is bigger dough. Da rides will be more funs then."
"Ja, they will."
"Are we going out today?"
"Ja. We're going to see someone very special to Mami. Someone she hasn't seen for a long time."
"Not since I was borned?"
"Oh long before that. Long before she met me."
"Oh! They must be reallies old then?" Frank replied seriously, his eyes wide. "'Cos you are."
"Thanks kid." Urs laughed again, this time shaking his head until he heard Franky shouting.
He sprang to his feet, returned to his previous position and laughed even harder when he saw a soaking wet Franky coming down the stairs with Kurt and Serena in her arms. He didn't have to ask what had happened, he knew the twins splashed around in the tub ten times more than Frank ever did, mostly at each other but somehow Franky always ended up soaked to the skin whenever she bathed them.
"You know, I'm seriously considering going back to bathing with these two terrors." Franky huffed, handing the towel wrapped twosome over to their father. "Can you get them dressed while I go change?"
"No need to ask." Urs smiled, watching Franky stroke their heads before she turned and headed back upstairs. "Remember what I told you at breakfast!"
"I know. Jeans and t-shirt, not a dress required for today."
Amazed that Franky hadn't figured out what he was up to yet, despite the fact they'd been in Somerset for two days now, Urs chuckled to himself, looked at the twins as he carried them into the lounge. He placed Kurt into the playpen while he got Serena dressed, then put her in while he dressed Kurt. With them both in the playpen, he picked up the damp towels and threw them back up the short flight of stairs of the cottage he'd rented, knowing that Franky would see them and put them in the laundry basket before coming down.
He smiled as he returned to the lounge to find Frank giving Serena back the toy she'd tossed out of the playpen and laughed when she threw it back out with a giggle. Kurt joined in with the game a second or two later, keeping Frank very busy, the three of them giggling, making their father smile while he checked the contents of the baby bag supplies.
Franky appeared a few moments later, wearing what he'd told was needed for today's trip, her hair loose, held back with a cream scarf, countryside suitable boots on her feet and no make up. A look she knew he loved even more than seeing her in an evening gown. He coughed then smiled before picking Serena up and throwing the baby bag over his shoulder. Franky retrieved Kurt and Frank and together they quickly had them all settled in the Odyssey. Franky climbed into the front passenger seat while Urs locked up the cottage and he was quickly in the driving seat.
"What's this for?" Franky asked, once he'd handed her a blindfold.
"I don't want you to see where we're going." Urs replied, smiling, arms folded across his chest, knowing that she understood he wouldn't move the vehicle until she'd put the piece of material over her eyes.
Franky grumbled something in Spanish, shook her head, smiled then slipped the blindfold on. Urs started the engine but groaned when he heard what CD was in the player and clicked off the repeat button, wishing he'd never shown Frank what that button did in the first place. Listening to 'Wheels On The Bus' once throughout the journey would be his limit today and Franky had reminded their eldest child that it was only fair that Kurt and Serena got to hear their favourites on the drive down.
Urs glanced in the rear-view mirror as he found first gear, happy to see that Frank was trying to teach Kurt the movements, though Kurt appeared to be more interested in his car toy and Serena was looking out of the window, watching the birds flying by the windows.
"Strawberry picking?" Franky questioned once he was on the road that would take them to their destination.
"Erm......Nein. Too late in the year for that." Urs replied, shaking his head until he figured out what she was trying to do.
"Oh yeah. Erm.......Apple picking?"
"Nope."
"Erm........Cider making......whatsit? Brewery or whatever they call it?"
"Nein. Not that either?"
"Lace making factory."
"No. I'm not going to tell you where we're going, so stop trying to guess." Urs replied, shaking his head and slowing down when he saw the sign in the distance, welcoming them to Devonshire.
"Harumph!" Franky retorted. "Oh well, at least I can smell. Smells like someone's given their lawn the last cut of the year. I love that smell."
"Ja, I know. Erm.......Looks like you're right, someone on your side of the road is just putting the mower away."
"Pooh! What's dat smell?" Frank asked from the back seat as the Odyssey left the tiny village. "Dat's worse dan what Kurt and Seri do. Has you far......broke windies Papi?"
"Nein." Urs laughed and shook his head while Franky cracked up laughing, both of them recognising the aroma that filled the vehicle as that of a farmer spreading manure over a field.
Knowing where the button was located without having to look, Urs clicked the air conditioning on and put his foot down again once he saw the sign telling him how fast he could go. Slowing down each time he approached another village, he made a mental note of a couple of places where they could stop off for refreshment on the way back.
Once he'd reached the village where their destination was located, he stopped and waited for the road to clear on the opposite side before turning right and driving slowly up the rough track to a large paved courtyard. He parked well out of the way of other vehicles then turned the engine off, thankful that 'Wheels On The Bus' wouldn't be the first song to be played on the return journey.
'Stop complaining.' His inner voice nudged. 'You'll get a break from it in a few days. He'll probably drive your parents nuts with it while you and Franky are in Venice.'
"Don't you dare." He grumbled playfully, grabbing hold of Franky's wrist and gently pulling her hand away from the blindfold.
"Urs, I'm not that stupid. I do know what stab......Oh all right." She huffed in response and gave him a quick smile before he turned round to talk to Frank.
"Don't let Mami peek." He instructed with a smile.
"'Kay Papi. Mami sit on hands pease."
"Fiiiiiiiiiine."
Giggling as he watched Franky do what their eldest son had requested, Urs left the car and went in search of the office. Thankful that it was clearly signposted, Urs followed the route and stepped in once he'd knocked on the doorframe. There he found a completely grey-haired man returning the phone to its cradle, growling as he did so.
"You wouldn't be the bloke who's brought his Mrs to visit 'Ascaris' would you?"
"Ja....I mean yes. Is there some sort of problem? He's not ill is he?"
"No, he's fine. Just dandy." The man grumbled as he stood and offered his hand for a shake. "Sorry. Zachariah Lockwood. Owner."
"Urs Buhler." Urs replied, smiling at the elderly man who couldn't have been more than five foot tall. "So?"
"Oh yeah. I've been trying to call you to see if we could cancel your visit. That was that demon's stablelad on the phone, telling me he won't be back in today. His mother fell down the stairs this morning and she's broken her wrist."
"Oh. I don't understand why you would want to cancel our visit because of that though."
"'Cos only Declan can get that.....can get 'Ascaris' up from the bottom of the back pasture without too much trouble." Zachariah informed, flicking his head backwards, indicating where the field was. "Me and the rest of my staff have spent most of the morning trying to get him back in. I'll tell you that horse has got to be the most stubborn and crafty animal I have ever met. Eight times this morning we thought we'd got hold of him only for him to get away. Should've been named 'Houdini'."
"My wife used to ride him, perhaps she could catch him." Urs suggested with a shrug.
"She used to ride him?!" Zachariah asked with a shocked look. "Ain't nobody been able to stay on his back for more than a minute since he came here. Not even Declan. Still........worth a go I suppose. You need help with anything?"
"Yes, I brought our three children with us. I don't want to leave them in the car. Two to be carried in car seats, one capable of walking."
Zachariah nodded then promptly left the office, limping slightly as he went. He returned a couple of minutes later with two much taller men who he introduced as his sons, Ben and Eb. It didn't take Urs long to figure out that the names were probably shortened, the playful warning looks they'd shot their father told him that and he thought Ben was really Benjamin and Eb was Ebenezer. Together the four men left the office and made for the car.
"Holy smokers!" Frank exclaimed once he'd been removed, looking up to a smiling Ben and Eb. "Are day bigger than Uncle David, Papi?"
"Ja, I think so." Urs replied, guestimating the two men were at least six foot ten inches tall while he removed Kurt's car seat.
A sleepy Kurt was handed over to Ben who smiled as he gently touched the little boy's face, informing that he could hardly wait to hold his first son, though his wife had another three months to go yet.
"Being the only male in the house is scary at times, especially when I've got the wife and my three girls on my case about the mess I make." Ben laughed and shook his head.
"Well Mum did raise us to be tidy. She still can't figure out how we can be so messy at home, but so tidy here." Eb replied, taking a babbling Serena from Urs's . "Good job my Ginny don't mind picking up after me and my two boys when she knows Mum's coming over."
Once Urs had instructed Frank to hold Zachariah's hand and not to run off, he removed the video camera from its secreted position in the baby bag then moved round to help Franky out. He introduced her to the three men who were helping with the children, then allowed Zachariah to lead the way to the back pasture. He couldn't help but laugh each of the nine times Frank turned his head over his shoulder to look at Ben and Eb, his eyes still as big as saucers and wished he'd had another pair of hands to capture those moments.
It took a couple of minutes to reach the fence that surrounded the field and there were a couple of horses drinking from the trough, though one quickly moved away and galloped happily down the slight slope. The other stuck her head through the fence and gave everyone a good sniff before joining her friend.
With Kurt and Serena settled on a patch of unworn grass and Frank standing by his side, Urs looked to where those two horses had gone and smiled when he spotted the animal he thought was 'Ascaris', remembering Franky's description of him.
"Okay, angel. You can take the blindfold off now."
Franky did as he requested, spent a couple of minutes allowing her eyes to adjust to the bright sunshine then looked at him with a puzzled expression.
"The horses are beautiful honey, but you didn't need to blindfold me for this." She shrugged when he gave her his questioning look.
"Can't you see who's down there?" Urs asked, pointing down the field. "That is 'Ascaris', right?"
"No honey." Franky shook her head after taking another look. "That horse is completely black. 'Ascaris' is black with tan patches and a white mark on his forehead."
"Oh! I wonder where he is then? Zachariah says in there."
"Okay. Let me just try something." Franky smiled, slipping between the planks that formed the fence and emitting the whistle she used in the garage when she wanted silence.
Nothing was seen or heard immediately which gave Urs the chance to turn the video camera on and lift Frank to sit on the top rail, the toddler flicking the screen open with an eyeroll and a cheeky grin. Urs shook his head, pressed the record button and focused on Franky after recording a bit of very wobbly footage. He'd been doing so for almost a minute when Franky whistled again and stood to wait patiently. When 'Ascaris' didn't appear again, she whistled one more time and within seconds the sound of thundering hooves could be heard heading towards where she stood.
"Mami watch out!!!" Frank yelled watching the horse stop suddenly and rear high above his mother's head, emitting a long whinny as he did so.
"It's all right sweetheart. He won't hurt me." Franky replied, turning her head and smiling before focusing on 'Ascaris' for a few minutes. "Will you boy?"
'Ascaris' snorted then shook his head from side to side, seeming to understand what Franky was saying to him. She laughed and stroked the horse down his neck once he'd pushed the front of his face against his chest.
"He's still as beautiful as ever."
In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 Ascaris-1
"Ja, he is." Urs replied, keeping his eyes on the screen watching Franky and 'Ascaris' approach, not wanting to lose a second, though he did when 'Ascaris' gave him a quick nudge. "Don't tell me you're jealous too?"
"You know, if he and 'Dancer' were human, I think you would have had some serious competition on your hands." Franky teased, knowing that 'Dancer' did almost exactly the same thing each and every time she and Urs got close.
"Ja, but you would still pick me."
"Maybe."
"Not funny Mrs Buhler." Urs laughed, his head shaking and tongue firmly planted in his cheek knowing that Franky was only teasing. "What's he doing?"
Franky turned to see what Urs was talking about and smiled briefly when she saw that 'Ascaris' had one of his front legs tucked under his chest and the other extended slightly in front of him.
"No, Azzy. You're too old." She sighed, shaking her head and knocking a tear from her eyes only to receive a slightly harder nudge than the one he'd given Urs. "All right. I'll get on, but no galloping off. Just a quick walk, maybe a trot, nothing more."
Slightly stunned, Urs watched Franky mount 'Ascaris', holding tight to his mane and gripping gently with her legs as he brought himself upright. He thought she looked fantastic on 'Dancer', but seeing her astride this handsome animal took his breath away and he almost dropped the camera. He thought for minute, then made a mental note to find out how he could fullfil her dream of riding a black Andalusian horse, preferably along the shore of an ocean.
Refocused once again, Urs kept flicking his eyes from the screen to Franky and back again as she rode 'Ascaris' four laps around the top of the field, taking the last one at a trot. She stopped him close to Urs then held her arms out to Frank who hesitated for a second or two before leaning towards her. With him settled in front of her, she squeezed her mount to a walk, taking the same route, Frank smiling and patting 'Ascaris's' neck.
"You want a go?" She asked once she was standing before Urs again.
"Sure." Urs nodded, watching her dismount once she'd handed Frank over and told 'Ascaris' to behave for him.
With their positions reversed, Urs squeezed 'Ascaris' and felt his eyes fly wide when he actually moved forward, 'Dancer' always took several quick steps backwards whenever he was aboard, despite Franky warning him to behave. Urs eased the animal into a trot and shook his head, understanding now why she loved him so much, he certainly moved beautifully despite his age. He really didn't want to get off, but decided to do so after three laps. As he dismounted, he looked back to the stable yard and smiled when he saw Zachariah, Ben, Eb and several other people standing at the gate, each of them with their eyes wide and mouths gaping.
"Well I never thought I would see the day!" Zachariah shook his head once he'd reached them. "He never comes up that easy and we have a hell of a time getting him into his stable. How the hell did you do that?" He asked Franky.
"I don't know. He's always been like that with me since Miranda bought him. I thought he would have forgotten me after all these years. It's been wonderful to see him again." Franky sniffed, rubbing her face against 'Ascaris''s. "Do you want him in?"
"Yeah! He's due to see the farrier later."
Franky nodded, moved towards the gate and held it open. 'Ascaris' gave her a brief look then trotted out of the field and right round to his stable door everyone discovered once they'd followed after him.
"Ah! That might be the reason he's misbehaving." Franky informed, looking up towards the stable ceiling and pointing to where the gable end met the ceiling. "I know it's not in use, but you might want to take that old wasp nest down, see how he behaves then. He hates wasps and that thing is huge. I'm surprised Miranda didn't tell you."
A sheepish looking Zachariah nodded his head and informed that he vaguely remembered Miranda saying something when she'd brought 'Ascaris' down to his retirement home, but with himself and the rest of his family being struck down with flu at the time, he wasn't exactly sure what that was. He looked up to the old nest, nodded then gently took hold of 'Ascaris's forelock and guided him to an empty stable, into which the animal stepped without hesitation, immediately tugging a mouthful of hay from the net that hung on the wall. Urs, Franky and Frank watched him eating for a few moments then decided to head back to the cottage.
They quickly settled the children back in the car and Urs noticed that Franky lowered her window all the way down just before he reversed. She looked back to the stable and smiled when 'Ascaris's' head appeared through open top half, though she appeared to be listening for something other than the long whinney he let out as he moved towards the driveway.
"Well at least he's stopped doing that." She sighed happily once they were out of range.
"Doing what?" Urs asked, checking the road before pulling out.
"Oh, when Miranda had him, he used to kick at the stable door whenever I left. Thank you for the surprise. It was good to see him again and even that short ride was as wonderful as it ever was."
"No problem."
Noticing that the children were all asleep when he checked the rearview mirror, Urs asked Franky to switch the stereo to the radio, each of them smiling when one of their favourite songs came on. Franky humming along to 'I Don't Want To Miss A Thing', Urs singing until a foul odour assaulted his nostrils and quickly locating somewhere where they could change Kurt and Serena's dirty nappies. They decided to take a break despite the fact they were almost back at the cottage and settled down in the conservatory at the back of a public house for lunch. Their meal consisting of jacket potatoes filled with Crayfish for himself and Franky and baked beans for Frank followed by traditional Devon scones filled with strawberry jam and clotted cream.
On arrival back at the cottage, they settled down to watch what had been recorded, Urs knowing that the DVD would be added to their collection at home. With the children fed and put down for the night, Urs and Franky settled on the couch, the radio playing in the background while they took in the beauty of their surroundings through the scenic window, the only thing that distracted them was the female voice that came through the speakers.
"Believe this one if you like ladies and gents. Apparently international singing star, Urs Buhler of Il Divo and his family were spotted having lunch somewhere in Devon today. Yeah right! Come on ladies, what are you taking? What on earth would they be doing in Devon? Paris, Milan, Madrid I would believe. But little old Devon, I'm afraid not. After all there's not much down in this neck of the woods to attract such people, especially in one of those little villages. Time to get your eyes checked methinks ladies."
Giggling, Urs and Franky turned the radio off and headed upstairs. Urs slipping under the covers first while Franky attended to her needs in the en-suite, emerging wearing nothing more than a pair of sexy knickers the way she always did at that particular time of the month. Urs coughed to compose himself, waited for Franky to snuggle up beside him and quickly fell asleep. His dreams that night filled with images of Franky riding 'Ascaris' barebacked at a full gallop, him riding 'Dancer' in the same fashion beside her.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:06 am

WOW Urs took her to see her horse.. Fantastic I am surprised he didn't buy him back for her though...

And the family of 5 alone together how wonderful.. No Nanny or any Divos that must have been great..

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:46 am

Ascaris didn't belong to Franky, Laura. He belonged to Miranda, the woman who owns the stables where 'Dancer' is kept. Franky just used to ride him since he was her favourite.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:36 am

Still why didn't Urs buy him for Franky and bring him to the stables with Ice Dancer??

She really loved him and he would be with her again...

I want so much more any way we can have another chappie?? blush blush
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 3:43 am

Chapter 63 - Making The Switch
"Scheiße!" Urs hissed on looking in his wing mirrors and seeing the flashing lights of a police car behind him, indicating for him to pull over and stop.
He rode a few more yards, looking for a safe spot and did as he'd been requested. Having never received any kind of ticket before, he wondered how red his face was as he turned the engine off and removed his helmet. His head turning to meet that of a middle-aged police officer who gave his Harley a good inspection before talking to him.
"Nice bike."
"Thanks."
"Well maintained too, makes a change."
"Erm......Did I do something wrong officer?" Urs asked, knowing he probably had but unable to figure out what.
"You were speeding. Clocked you doing 38 in 30 zone." The police officer informed, pulling a pad from his pocket.
"Oh! Sorry. I didn't realise. Speedometer cable broke earlier."
"Hmmn. Like I haven't heard that one before. Got your documents on you?"
"Erm....No."
"Don't worry about it, most people don't carry them." The officer nodded then spoke into his radio, giving the registration number of Urs's bike and waiting for a reply. "Where are you off too in such a hurry anyway?"
"The ice-rink, to erm..........It's my wife's first attempt to skate again since her accident and she's not doing so good according to her friend."
"Oh, so you're the husband of that poor girl? My wife was in tears when she read what happened to her, she was a fan of her mother's too. How's she doing other than the skating?"
"Fine."
"Good." Officer 777 smiled. "You know what happens now?"
"A fixed penalty fine." Urs nodded.
"And three points on your licence for four years."
"Scheiße!" Urs huffed then pouted, knowing that his record had been spotless since he'd passed his bike test.
"You've got fourteen days to produce your papers and pay the fine. There's notes on the back should you wish to contest the fine, but you'll still need to produce at the police station I've written on the form." Officer Jones informed, handing over two pieces of paper and watching Urs fold them neatly before shoving them into the back pocket of his jeans. "Ride careful now." He nodded before heading back to his patrol vehicle.
Urs huffed out a breath, put his helmet back on, fired up the bike again and carefully pulled back into traffic. Glancing down occasionally at the rev counter and doubling the reading, he made his way to the ice-rink at what he hoped was something near the correct speed, one or two miles per hour over maybe. Parked up, he headed for the staff entrance and looked at Lauren a little sheepishly when he saw her checking her watch.
"Traffic that bad?" She asked once he was inside and she'd locked the door.
"Nein, I err.......I got stopped by the police." Urs mumbled.
"Sorry. I didn't hear that."
"I said I got stopped by the police. For speeding."
"Oh." Lauren smirked.
"Don't you dare."
"What?"
"Tell David. He has more than enough ammo to tease me with without adding this to it thank you very much."
"Not going to contest it then?"
"Not much point since I can't be one hundred per cent sure how fast I was actually going. The speedometer cable's broke and the revs were running pretty high when I checked just before I was pulled over, so he's more than likely right."
"So the only one with a spotless licence out of the four of you will be Carlos then? That's hysterical considering his driving is worse than Seb's."
"Don't rub it in." Urs warned playfully, wagging his right index finger at Franky's giggling best friend. "So, how's Franky doing?"
"She isn't." Lauren sighed, her face quickly turning serious. "All she's done for the past fifteen minutes is skate around the rink, hasn't even attempted the simplest of jumps. She looks more frightened than I've ever seen her. Follow me."
Urs nodded then followed Lauren up to lit music booth, placing himself near to the glass, knowing that Franky wouldn't be able to see him. He watched her skate a few laps around the rink, the full-length brace fitted around her right leg, supporting her ankle, knee and thigh. His eyes widened, watching her skate to the farthest end where she stopped, placed her hands on the advertising hoarding and bowed her head.
"Have you ever noticed which leg she lands on when she jumps?" Lauren asked, her head shaking slightly.
"Nein." Urs shook his head.
"Always on her right. She's been told to try and switch to her left."
Urs closed his eyes, allowing images of watching Franky skate to flood his mind, paying particular attention to the jumps. He flashed back to the first time he'd seen her perform and the backflip she'd done, her right foot had made contact with the ice just a fraction of a second before the left. She'd landed on the right leg through every other performance too.
"Get me some skates."
"Already have." Lauren smiled, holding up a pair.
Leaving his crash helmet with Lauren, Urs made his way back downstairs, removed his motorbike jacket and quickly put the skates on in the corridor that led to the dressing-rooms. Remembering what Franky had taught him, he walked confidently to the rink, stepped on and skated towards her.
"What are you doing here?" She asked, turning her face away from him. "I thought you were.........."
"Never mind the songs for the album." Urs interupted, hooking a finger under her chin and making her look at him. "Are you going to let them win? Let them stop you from doing what you were born to do?"
"I don't want to." Franky denied with a sniff and a quick headshake. "I just don't know if I can make the switch. The last time I tried, I crashed to the ice so badly I........."
"You were twelve and had to do it at the last minute because of a sprained right ankle." Urs reminded, using a thumb to wipe a tear from her eyes. "This time you've got weeks to adjust. Do I have to remind you how many times I crashed to the ice when I was learning that routine we did together? Do I have to push you like Ron did me? Make you do it over and over again until you get it right?"
"That was different! You weren't recovering from a serious injury."
"Bloody well felt like it with all the bruises I had." Urs smiled, raising his eyebrows quickly.
"And you lied to me. 'Dancer' threw you, saddle sore, overdone it in the gym. Pfft!"
"How else was I supposed to keep it a secret? Come on Franky, if your mother did it back then to teach, so can you to perform again. You're just as strong as her, if not stronger. She made you that way."
"Sweetalker." Franky sniffed.
"At least give it a try."
"How do you know I haven't already?"
"Erm........" Urs faultered, glancing up to where he'd left Lauren.
"Lauren called you and told you didn't she?"
"Sort of. Kinda. Ja."
"Huh! And she promised she wouldn't watch."
"Probably had her fingers crossed when she made the promise."
"Knowing her yeah." Franky nodded, laughing a little before taking a deep breath and skating away from him.
Urs remained where he was and watched her skate two laps of the rink, willing her to try even the simplest of moves each time she past him. He sighed as she reached the other end again, thinking that she was going to do the same. However, that wasn't what he saw. Instead she turned towards the middle of the rink and performed a single Salchow, taking off on her right leg, landing on the left before crashing to the ice.
"Come on. Pick yourself up and try again." Urs pleaded quietly, his voice no more than a whisper.
Holding his breath, he watched her stand and push off again, attempting to perform the same jump six times in total, hitting the ice hard each time. Just when he was beginning to have a doubt, she hit the Salchow again, wobbling a little on landing but remaining upright, continuing to do it until she was almost flawless.
"That's enough." Urs shouted, skating towards her after the thirteenth successful jump and grabbing hold of her so that she couldn't try again. "They told you to take it easy for the first few days, didn't they?"
"Yeah. I just want to try an old routine before we leave. It's quite slow and not that complicated" Franky stated, chewing on her bottom lip until he nodded reluctanly.
He perched himself on top of the hoarding, watching Franky head back to the middle of the ice where she shouted up to Lauren, asking for the song she wanted.
"Oh goody!" Lauren's slightly higher pitched tone came through the speakers, indicating that she was excited and within seconds Nina Simone's 'Feeling Good' replaced her.
Urs kept his attention on Franky, despite the fact she barely moved off the centre spot for almost a minute. Slowly skating around the small circle, criss-crossing her legs until the brass instruments hit. Her hips gliding from side-to-side in perfect time with the music. Urs fidgetting in his seat as she used her arms and face to express emotions on her way around the ice and holding his breath when he saw her setting up for a couple of tricky jumps that she usually made look so easy, wobbling slightly on landing the first.
He continued to watch, not knowing how she was going to end the routine but knowing the song well enough to realise that moment was approaching. He slipped back onto the ice but remained there until Franky had stopped the Layback Spin and was skating towards him, both of them turning theirs heads to the music booth when they heard Lauren's familiar whistle over the loud-speakers. Franky's hands finding their way into the back pocket of his jeans, pulling him close while they kissed, her brow furrowing when she felt the pieces of paper.
"How on earth did you get done for speeding? You always ride properly."
"Speedometer cable's broke and I forgot to keep an eye on the rev counter." Urs shrugged.
"That bike will be all new parts sooner or later." Franky teased, handing back the documents. "I told you that cable needed replacing last week didn't I?"
"Had my mind on other things?"
"More like a certain part of your anatomy."
"Stop it!" Urs commanded with a laugh, wriggling uncomfortably in the now much tighter biking trousers, knowing exactly how many times they'd made love since the tour had finished. Almost every day, three times a day minimum.
"Shame you're going have to have a cold shower tonight then."
"I hate Mother Nature." Urs huffed, taking hold of Franky's hand and leading her off the ice, where she put herself through a cool down routine before changing into her 'Fire' leathers.
Franky hugged Lauren tight before they left the building and thanked her with a nod to Urs. Together the couple climbed aboard their Harley's, Franky taking the lead on the ride home, leaving Urs to admire the view in front of him, feeling a little disappointed that he wouldn't be able to do anything to her for the next seven days, but knowing that she would take 'very good care of his needs', both of them driving at the legal speed.
Once inside, Franky bathed the children, laughing heartily when Frank decorated her face and hair with the bubbles. Urs standing in the nursery doorway, listening to her read 'The Ugly Duckling' to all three, reaching the end just as Frank began to snore.
Leaving Saskia and Sylvie to their film, they headed to their room where Franky would run a bath for him and take a shower while he soaked until he realised that she' been fibbing about being on her period. Surprising Franky as he stepped into the shower, carressing her thighs, his aching shaft pressed against her butt, playfully telling her off for teasing him. His lips working their usual magic across her shoulders, goosebumps rising over every inch of her skin, her body quivering in sweet anticipation.
Biting his bottom lip to keep himself from coming as he turned her round to face him, expertly lifting her and holding in place until her legs were locked around his waist. Pushing his length slowly, inch by inch, deep inside her ever-welcoming wetness, their mouths locking together, bodies writhing in perfect rythmn, taking each other to a wonderland that only the two of them shared. Moaning each other's names quietly as they came at the same time for the second time that day.
Dried off, they settled in bed, ran through the events of the day as they always did before falling asleep. For some reason he couldn't quite fathom, Urs's dreams that night would be filled with images of watching Franky skate, each and every jump or trick she performed being landed on her left leg rather than her right.
Turn the page.

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

In The Arms Of My Angel
Page 5 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next