Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
New World Tour Dates W/ Steven LaBrie Guest Singer
Latin Countries around the World till Oct 2022
The Guys Are On A Month Break. They Start Back On June 25, 2022 In Valencia, Spain
Saturday December 3rd UK Christmas Concerts Began. Ending December 16th In London, UK.
New USA Dates in AUG_SEPT, 2022 Look for Updates

A Chance Meeting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat
Humor : I found it and as always the joke is on me!!

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:14 pm

A Chance Meeting

It was 4am and Jodie was beginning to regret not letting Jamie hail her a taxi. She’d known it wasn’t a good idea walking alone at this time in London, but she’d needed to clear her head. She was the manager at a very exclusive club and had just had a very busy night, by the time they were all cleared up and stuff it had been 4am. Her bouncer had offered to get her a taxi, but she’d said she needed the air, but she was hearing things, thought she was being followed. She looked around, but there was no taxi’s floating around, so she decided to make a run for the tube station as the noises were getting louder. She ran into the station only to discover that the tube wasn’t running due to problems on the line. $hit, she thought and ran back up onto the street so fast, she collided with someone and fell to the ground. She took hold of the hand the stranger had offered and stood up. When she lifted her head she found herself staring into eyes that were Blue/Grey and she had to drag herself back to reality as the stranger asked her if she was ok? "I am now, thank you. I thought I was being followed, but whoever it was seems to have gone." she said dusting herself of with a bat of her hand, "I'm Jodie, by the way."

"I'm David," he smiled, "I don't think I should leave you alone now, would you like me to walk you home?" She looked at him and saw his deep blue eyes flash.

"Well, if it's not going to take you too far out of your way, I would be very grateful," she said modestly. "I got quite nervous for a minute there, thank you”

They set of down the road in silence for a while, then David asked what she was doing out this late?
Jodie smiled as she told him all about the club, it was like a baby to her, she had been there right from the beginning. They had just reached her flat and turning to him asked "would you like to come in for coffee, as a thank you?" she added blushing.

"I'd love to," he smiles, "but, I have a meeting in about 'looks at watch' 4 hours and I must get some sleep" he say's regretfully.

"Oh, ok" say's Jodie looking quite sad. "Thank you for helping me" then turns to go inside.

"Wait," say's David, "Can I have your phone number? I'd really like to have that coffee some time" Jodie turns and finds herself staring into puppy dog eyes, then bursts out laughing.

"Sure" still laughing she gives him her number then finally goes inside.

It had been a week since that night and Jodie was out for a drink with her friend Leigh, whom she'd known all through school and college and had stayed friends with. They were talking about David and what had happened.

"Don't worry hun, he'll phone, he'd be mad not to" smiles Leigh

"Thanks Leigh" smiles Jodie, "but do I really want him to, do I really want to go out with him? I was really nervous last week and I was so grateful to him, but I don't know anything about him except his name, he could be an axe murderer for all we know" say's Jodie as her eyes suddenly widen "and I invited him into my flat and gave him my number, he's got an open invitation to kill me"

"Shut up you drama queen" laughs Leigh hitting her on the shoulder. "I'm sure he's a perfect gentleman, he'll have been really busy this week, that's all" Just then Jodie's phone rings, she answers it, talks for a few minutes, then turns to Leigh and say's "it's him, he wants to take me out for dinner tmrw night with his friends and their girlfriends, what will I say?"

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:15 pm

*Jodie*

"Am I doing the right thing?" I asked the mirror, hoping it would give me an answer! I'm trying to decide what to wear for dinner, Leigh had pointed out that if he wanted to kill me, he wouldn't have invited his friends along too! I'd told her not to be so damn cheeky, then told David I would love to meet him.
I panicked as I glanced at the clock, only an hour til he picked me up. I decided on a floaty knee length red dress, put my hair up, did my make up and put on my favourite necklace, thinking back to when her mum had given her it, it was the last thing she'd given her before she died.

I wondered how Sez was getting on. Her names actually Sarah, but everyone calls her Sez! She was my assistant manager and a close friend and the only person I feel safe leaving the club with when I can't be there. Most of the time, she is completely mad, but when at work, she is totally trustworthy and very loyal and she'd been the first person i'd thought off when I had needed an assistant.

I jumped as the doorbell rang, I open it to find David standing there in a dark suit and a white shirt with the top few buttons open!
"Hey Jodie" Smiles David. "You're looking gorgeous tonight, are you ready to go?"
"Hey David, yes", I reply blushing at the compliment.

*David*

I'm picking her up in an hour, can't believe she said yes, I thought i'd blown it by not phoning sooner. I'd decided to dress smart for tonight, put on a dark suit and a white shirt leaving the top few buttons open. I drive over to hers wishing that I had thought to get her some flowers, but it was too late now, next time definitely. I arrived and rang the doorbell, I was blown away when she answered, she looked totally gorgeous in this red knee length dress and had done her hair up with little bits hanging down. I never understood why girls did that! why go to all the bother of putting their hair up, then make bits come down again? I told her she looked gorgeous and she almost went as red as her dress! She's going to have to lose some of that shyness or the guys will have fun with her!

David filled me in on his friends in the car and told me that they were in a band called IL Divo and that they were recording their first album. He told me about Urs, Sebastien and Carlos. He said that he'd always been jealous of them as they'd been going out with their girls for over a year and he's always been the odd one out! First up was Else, Urs’ girl, she has red hair that’s dyed black at the bottom and brown eyes with a touch of yellow in them. Then there was Claudita, Sebastien’s girl, she has black curly hair with brown eyes. Lastly there was Jenny, Carlos’s girl. She has blonde hair and brown eyes. By the time we got to the restaurant, I felt like i'd known them all for years, and i'd not even met them yet!

We had a brilliant night, Seb made fun out of David for pulling my chair out at the table before Claudita hit him for not doing it for her! I hit it off with all the girls, getting their phone numbers and promising to meet them for coffee one day soon. The guys spent most of the night talking about their new album IL Divo, but they were all just as lovely as David had described.

We finally said our goodbyes and left the restaurant.
"Would you like to go for a nightcap somewhere?" asked David.
"No, thanks" i said. "I'm pretty tired, if you don't mind, i'd rather just go home".
"Sure, no problem" said David smiling.
We got in the car and when we reached my flat, David walked me to the door and said "I had a really great time tonight" then he leaned forward so that our lips were almost touching.
"No, stop" said Jodie suddenly pulling away. "I can't do this, i'm sorry, but, I can't see you again". then opened the door and went inside, shutting the door behind her and collapsing in tears on the floor.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:16 pm

*David*

I stand staring at the door in shock wondering what had just happened. We had had a wonderful night, all the boys loved her and her and the girls had got on like they'd know each other for years. I'd driven her home, walked her to her door, told her i'd had a lovely time and then I leaned in to kiss her gently when she suddenly freaked out on me, pulling herself away saying no, stop, I can't see you anymore and went flying into the house.
I rang the bell and knocked on the door, but she didn't answer. I opened the letterbox to see if I could see her, I couldn't but heard her crying. I didn't know what to do, so I went back to the car and just sat in it for ages. Eventually, all her lights go out and I drove away confused.

*4 Weeks Later*

I still haven't spoke to her, she won't answer my phone calls or my text messages. I even went to her club a couple of times, and although they said she wasn't there, i'm sure I saw her hiding. The guys have told me that she's spoken to the girls, so I really don't know what else I can do. It's tearing me up inside, I only had one date with her, but that one date was enough for me to know I want to spend my life with her.

*Jodie*

It's been 4 weeks now since that night, and I still can't believe I actually said I would go out with David! I thought it would just be a bit of fun, a night of from my normal life! But, when I saw the look on his face as he went to kiss me, I knew there was no way I could see him again, I couldn't let him become a part of my life. So, I ran away, hid from him, got the guys at work to lie and tell him I wasn't there when I was! I started screening my phone calls, so i wouldn't answer if it was him calling. I must admit, he's very persistent, hasn't given up yet, but I can't let him into my life, I just can't!

You see, I have a secret, which only 2 other people know about, my dad is one, the other, well I'd rather not say. I haven't even told Leigh and Sez, and I tell those two everything. They would treat me differently and I don't want that. It's killing me doing this to David, cos I've always wanted more than anything to settle down with a gorgeous man and if this had happened last year, I would have been over the moon! But, now I just can't let myself fall in love with anyone or let anyone fall in love with me!

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Jodie pulls up outside the building for her appointment and goes in and waits to be told she can go through. As she's sitting there she is thinking about everything that’s happened to her in the past year and she is startled to hear a voice break her thoughts saying, "Jodie? I thought it was you!"
Jodie turned round to see Else sitting down next to her.
"Else" said Jodie shocked. "What are you doing here?"
"I'm visiting an old friend who's been in here for a while now, they don't think she'll ever get out again, it's so sad, such a waste of life. What about you? why are you here?"
Jodie looks around the room, avoiding Else’s eyes, then says "Same, I'm just waiting for them to say I can go through"
Jodie then get's called through and she very quickly say's goodbye and it was nice to meet you to Else and disappears.
Else leaves the building and phones Urs to tell him to tell David where she just saw Jodie and that he should get down there as fast as possible.

*David*

We're all in the studio finishing off some tracks for our album and we'd just come back from lunch when Urs’ phone rang, everyone groaned and told him that he should have that switched off when we're in here. He answered it, talked for a few minutes, hung up and then turned round and said "David, that was Else, she's just spotted Jodie at that hospital on Rose Avenue. You know, the one that deals specifically with terminally ill people, she said she was there to visit someone, but Else said she looked very uncomfortable and couldn't look her in the eyes when she was talking to her. She thinks you should get down there immediately" I stand rooted to the spot for a minute, thinking the worst before I get pushed by Seb, saying "Go on then, what are you standing there for?" I run out to my car and hope that I get there before she leaves, my mind is full of fear, there is only one possible reason why she had been there, and I hoped to god it wasn't true and she had just been visiting someone.

Jodie comes out of the doctor's room and stands there for a minute talking to the doctor, then says "Thank you and see you next week".
As she goes to the reception to make another appointment, she hears this voice behind her and freezes as she instantly recognises it. She turns round slowly and finds herself staring into the same eyes she was so happy to see the last time. "David, what are you doing here?" say's Jodie looking nervous.
"Else phoned Urs and told him you were here and he told me, so I came to talk to you, it's the only way I could get to you, you've shut me out every other way, please don't be angry with her, she was only trying to help" said David sadly. "Please can we go for a coffee and talk?"
"I have to get back to the club, I can't just go for coffee whenever I want" Jodie snapped at him.
David stared at her before saying "Jodie, why are you here? why are you making another appointment? This hospital only treats patients who are terminally ill, are you hiding something? Please talk to me, I'm not going to walk out on you, I have been going mad since that night you slammed the door in my face, please tell me what’s wrong" he pleaded.
Else shouldn't have said anything, I don't need anyone in my life, I don't need anyone to talk to, please go, I don't want you to get hurt" sighed Jodie
"It's too damn late for that" shouted David. “I'm already hurt and have been for the past four weeks, I fell for you that first night we met and I thought you did too, I can cope with it, hun. Just talk to me, please"
Jodie looked at him, then said "Are you really ready for this? will you be there for me through anything? will you run out on me if things get too hard?"
"Yes, yes and No" said David firmly.
"Then let's go and talk, somewhere quiet" Jodie say's quietly and walks off out the door.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 pm

They walk to this coffee house round the corner and sit in a booth away from the others for some peace, they order some coffee, then sit there in silence til it comes.
Jodie takes a sip of her's and then say's "I have Advanced Ovarian Cancer. The doctors say that it's not treatable because it is so advanced."
David has completely frozen to the spot, then he say's "But, can you not have chemotherapy or something like that? Anything to help prolong it?"
"Yes, but that's all it would do, prolong it, it wouldn't get rid of it" say's Jodie
"The doctor, how long did he say you had? asked David quietly, not wanting to hear the answer.
Jodie looked at David and nearly burst into tears, he was looking so sad and she didn't know what he was thinking or if he was going to cope with all this. Then she said "He gave me a year, at the most. That was 6 months ago."
On hearing that a tear ran down David’s face and he wiped it away before saying, "Why won't you take the treatment?"
"I don't want to spend my last year being sick and never getting out, I want to go about my normal life and do my usual things. No-one knows except my dad and he's devastated, this is how he lost mum. She had cancer as well and now's he's losing me too" then Jodie lost her willpower and started crying. David pulled her to him and held her til she had stopped, shedding a few tears of his own at the same time.

*David*

I arrived at the hospital and ask at the desk if Jodie is still here because I was late to pick her up. (A lie, I know, but she wouldn't have told me otherwise) Yes, she's still in with the doctor, just take a seat and wait. I had just sat down when the door opened and they walked out, Jodie had her back to me and was talking to the doctor who said "See you next week" then went back into her room. I went and stood at the desk behind Jodie and then said "Hey" I could see her visibly freeze, then she turned around slowly and she looked awful, so tired and frightened.
"David, what are you doing here?" she said.

I explained and asked her to go for a coffee with me, she just snapped at me, saying "she didn't have time to go for coffee whenever she wanted"
I asked her why she was here, and why she was making another appointment, she sighed and asked me if I was ready, if I would be there for her and if I would run out on her if things got to hard?
I said Yes, yes and No firmly and she agreed to go for a coffee and tell me what was wrong.

I knew it was going to be something really bad, but I had no idea that she was about to tell me she only had 6 months to live. I sat there in total shock, asking questions, but not really taking it all in, then she started crying and I pulled her to me and hugged her tight, crying myself. I walked her back to her car and as she drove away I decided that I was going to go see Claudita, she would know what to do. I could tell her anything, we had been friends for years, she met Seb through me, plus she was a doctor who had dealt with Cancer patients, so would be able to tell me what it all meant.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:19 pm

I drove to Seb and Claudita’s house, I don't know how I managed to get there in one piece, because the tears wouldn't stop. I knocked on the door hoping she would be in, she answered the door, took one look at me and said "David babe, what's wrong?"
I just looked at her, I couldn't speak. She led me inside and sat me down in the kitchen and said "Do you want a drink?" I just nodded.
"You're going to have to tell me what's wrong before I can help you hun" she said.
I managed to say "Jodie’s dying, she's got cancer" before I started crying again. Claudita put a mug of coffee down in front of me, and I took a drink and felt able to talk.
"The only way I could get her to tell me was if I said I would be there for her and not run out when things got tough, but I don't know if I can cope with this. I love her, i've not even told her that yet, but I do and I'm not sure if I can just sit back and watch her die in front of me". "I'm not that strong" he added.
Claudita looked at him before saying "That's rubbish, David and you know it, you're one of the strongest people I know. What type of cancer has she got?"
"Advanced Ovarian Cancer, I think, I didn't really hear much after she said Cancer. My mind went all blank and I could vaguely hear her talking, but she did say it wasn't treatable, and she's refused any medical help, she doesn't want to spend her last few months feeling sick all the time." replied David.

"Claudita, you deal with cancer patients, could you tell me all about it and what things can be done to help her, I need to know everything I can about this, so I can be there for her and know what to do to help? Please" Asked David, his blue eyes pleading with her. "All right" said Claudita. "But, you may not like some of what you hear, things get quite bad in their last few weeks and days"

*Claudita*

I sit and watch David, my heart reaching out to him. Ovarian cancer was a nasty illness, usually by the time women find out they have it, it's too far advanced to do anything about. There was always chemo to try and slow down the progression, but that left you feeling like $hit, so I honestly can't blame her for not wanting any treatment. I look at this man in front of me, I had never seen David cry before. We had known each other a long time and I had always thought him strong, solid, and never emotional, but this guy sitting in front of me was showing a raw side.
I felt for him.
I stand up and walk round to him, pulling him to me, I hear the door go, and see Seb walk through, he looks, raising his eyebrows, I kiss David on the head, "Give me a minute David, I'll just let Seb know you're here, then we'll talk, drink your coffee, and think up what you want to ask me. Ok?"
I walk out closing the door behind me, Seb stands looking at me as I walk to him, he puts his arms around me, holding me tight, he was my star, Mr Izambard, I loved him so much, but he was also my best friend. “Everything all right Claud?" he asks me, his eyes concerned, caring.
"No, love, poor David. Jodie is really ill Seb, she's got terminal cancer, and is dying." I tell him, his arms hold me tighter, wrapping me in his warmth. "He came to you?" he asked, I nodded, "He wants me to tell him what’s going to happen." I said, he kisses me, "Go to him, help him. He's like my brother, you know that, and I love him, go and help him babe, be there for him, and I'll be here for you." he said, kissing me deeply and then going upstairs to have a bath and relax. I watch him climb the stairs, feeling the love I have for that man rush through me, then I head back to David, the other man I love to bits.
"Ok David, let's go into the lounge, we need to be comfy to talk about this. I'll warn you now, it's not going to be easy."

"But why can't they treat her, Claudita, why won't she have chemo or radiotherapy or even surgery. Why does she have to die?" he asks me, his voice full of emotion.
"It's very hard to diagnose David. She's probably had it for a few years, without knowing it. It's awful, one of the worst types. As for why won't she have treatment, maybe she just feels she wants to enjoy what time she's got left without feeling so ill from the drugs and stuff. Believe me chemo is a horrible treatment, sickness, hair loss, weight loss, no appetite. In some cases it's worse than the cancer, but I can't say I blame her. As for the other treatments, maybe they won't work on her. She's probably spent ages thinking this through David, it's a decision she's discussed with doctors, nurses and counsellors. She feels she's doing the right thing for her." I tell him, watching his face, he's so upset, he's fallen for her hard.
"How can I help her Claudita? What can I do" he asks, his blue eyes sparkling with more tears.
"Be there for her. Spoil her, treat her. Take her out, why not take her away?" I looked at him, knowing I had to ask this.. "How long has she got David?" I asked him, seeing him wince as the question hit him.

"Between 6 months and a year" he said quietly, it was that advanced, so it had probably spread to other areas, secondary tumours. He looked at me, I smiled, "Make her smile David. Spoil her, as I said, make her last few months special. Listen to her, love her, hold her when she cries, laugh with her when she laughs. But the main thing is not to belittle her, live everyday with her."
His voice was a whisper as he asked me the next bit, this was the hard bit, "What will happen at the end Claudita?"
I took a deep breath, he wanted to know everything, and this was the hardest part.
"The end won't be pleasant, she'll become very poorly, weak and pick up any bug that's around. Most people who have advanced cancer don't actually die from the cancer." He looked at me, tears on his cheeks, "They die from a simple illness like a cold, or flu. It's because they are run down, their immune system is depleted so they've nothing left to fight with. I'm so, so sorry David, so very sorry." I said to him. His eyes lifted to mine, "Why Claudita? Why?" he asks, "I don't know my love, I just don't know." I tell him as I pull him into my arms, holding him as he cries some more. Poor man, just when he finds someone he really cares for, this happens. Sometimes life sucks..

He stays for a few minutes to calm down and then leaves, going round to Jodie‘s. Seb comes down and sits next to me, suddenly I'm crying, not knowing what to say to this man I love so much, but pleased that he's mine.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:20 pm

David drove straight round to Jodie’s after leaving Claudita. He knocked on the door and when she answered he said "I'm here for you babe, 100%. Anytime you need me, i'll be here" She led him through to the lounge and they sat down.

"I love you, Jodie, I fell in love with you so hard the moment I first saw you, I knew you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, but, now that it will only be a year at the most that we will have together, I want to make it the best year that you've ever had". said David looking deep into her eyes, trying to see a reaction. "I want to take you away somewhere, just the two of us, so we can get to know each other. Is there anywhere in the world you've always wanted to see? Tell me, and I'll take you there." he asked. "I don't know, I've never been anywhere, you decide." said Jodie. "Ok, babe, How about Paris? We can take moonlit walks alongside the River Seine, we can climb right to the top of the Eiffel Tower, we can wear those stupid looking beret's! We can dine at the best restaurants Paris has to offer and we can stay in the most exclusive hotel they have." Said David smiling.

"That sounds perfect, But anywhere would be perfect if you were there" said Jodie "I love you too" she whispers in his ear.
David pulls her to him wrapping his arms around her and kisses her, then say's "I'll start getting things organised". He lets go of Jodie and gets out his phone and calls Simon. “I’m going to need a few days off, so I can take Jodie away, that all right Simon?" he talks for a bit longer then hangs up saying "That’s sorted, I have 5 days off".

I'll go get it all booked hun, I'll come round later with all the details" said David. He kissed Jodie and then left. Jodie phoned Sez to tell her all about what had happened and to arrange for her to look after the club while she was away. She also asked her to come round for coffee tomorrow. She phoned Leigh and asked her round too, it was about time she told her friends the truth.

Sez and Leigh were both sitting on the couch staring at me in shock, you'd have thought I'd just told them I was dying!

I smiled to myself and thought it's just as well I can laugh about it, because when my sense of humour goes, I'll have no way of stopping myself from crying all the time.
"Now girls, I don't want you to be sad about this, I'm not sad, i've gone past being sad, I've accepted it, and I just want to act like things are normal, you know Sez, like at work when you talk back to me and get on my nerves!! and I shout back and then we start laughing and the guys look at us like we're mad and not the manager and assistant manager of the place! I don't want that to change, just because i'm ill. And Leigh, I still want us to go out shopping, buying clothes that we know we're never gonna wear and generally causing mayhem wherever we go, right". said Jodie
Sez looks at her funny, trying not to cry and say's "How can you be so positive about this? knowing that you don't have that much time left to enjoy everything around you, especially now that David’s around?"
"Yeah", said Leigh. "You were always going to be the first of us to get married and have kids, you're not gonna be able to do that now, and everything you've told us about David, about how he said he loves you and wants to spend the rest of his life with you. How's he coping with all this? He must be hurting inside so much."
"I know how you feel girls, and I know how David feels, and I'm ordering you both and i'll tell David this too, to not act all weepy and sad around me and after i'm gone, I don't want you all wandering around really sad, I want you to have a private party in the club, just you guys, my dad, David and the guys and their girlfriends and celebrate the life of the friend that you've just lost. I want you to promise me that you'll do that". said Jodie.

Seb and Claudita had just dropped Jodie and David off at the airport and were heading back to their house when Seb’s phone rang. He answered it, talked for a while then hung up. "That was Urs, he's booked a table for the six of us for dinner tonight, say's he has something important he wants to tell us". he said to her. "Do you feel up to going?" He said looking at Claudita, who was looking quite pale and was rather quiet, which is unlike her usually.
"Yeah, it might do me some good to get out and have a night off thinking about sad things" replied Claudita. "I wonder what is so important that Urs had to invite us all out to dinner for!"
"I don’t know babe, he sounded really hyper, but there was a slight hint of nervousness too, i think, not sure why that would be". said Seb. "We have to be there for 6.30 though, so we better get home and start getting ready, he didn't give us much notice!"
"That's just like Urs though, expects us all to just come running when he calls!" smiled Claudita.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:21 pm

We all arrived at the restaurant about the same time! We met Carlos and Jenny going in the door and Urs and Else had just sat down at the table. When we had all sat down and ordered drinks, Seb said "So, what's so important that you had to drag us all out for?"
"I'll get to that later, first of all I just thought we could all do with a night out, enjoy ourselves you know" said Urs. "Everything's been really sad lately and with David and Jodie off to Paris, i thought this would be a good chance for us to do that."

Then they order their food and spend the night talking and laughing, the drinks are flowing and they are having a good time. Then Claudita leans over to Seb and whispers to him "I'm really tired hun, do you think they'll mind if we go?"
Seb tells everyone that Claudita is tired and wants to go, so Urs say's "I'd better tell you all why I got you here then, before you go, as you all know Else and I have been together for over a year and I feel that it's been the best time of my life." He turns to Else and takes something out of his pocket, then say's "Else, I love you and I will always love you" He opens the box and say's "Will you marry me?"

Everyone fell silent and looked at Else who was looking quite stunned. She looked up at Urs and said "Yes, of course I'll marry you, I love you so much babe." Everyone started clapping and cheering while Urs and Else kissed each other. Jenny and Claudita got up and hugged Else who was still looking a bit stunned at what had just happened! Seb and Carlos congratulated Urs and then the chattering started again, the girls talking about the hen night and the dress and the reception etc.. Just like typical girls!! While the guys just went back to whatever it had been they were talking about before the announcement!

*David*

The days were just going by so fast, it seemed like we had only just got here, but I was packing to go home. I didn't want to go home, we had had so much fun together, we spent the days just touring about Paris, taking in all the sights and being a proper touristy couple!! We spent the evenings dining at very posh restaurants and walking in the moonlight and we spent the nights doing, (well I won't go into that, but you know what I mean, i'm sure!) Urs had sent me a txt message telling us about him and Else getting engaged, so we went shopping and got them the most gorgeous present.

Tonight was our last night here and we were going to have dinner in the restaurant at the top of the Eiffel Tower, very exclusive, I had to beg them to give us a table cos they had been fully booked! I smiled to myself as I heard the shower switch on, Jodie was getting ready and I suddenly realised that I needed a shower too and would save time and water if I shared hers!!!.

*Jodie*

I can't believe how quick the days have gone in, we've been here for four days now and they've been wonderful. I never thought I'd feel this way again, not since I found out about my illness. I still can't believe I let David in, i'd made myself promise I wouldn't let anyone in, cos they would just end up being hurt.

Anyway, we had spent the last four days acting like typical tourists! seeing all the sights, taking photo's of everything and doing a lot of shopping!! David certainly likes to shop, he never moaned once, I like him more and more every day! We've eaten in lovely restaurants and walked in the moonlight, we've spent every night cuddled up to each other in bed and I've never felt happier, although I do get tired a lot quicker these days. We went shopping and got this gorgeous present for Urs and Else after he txt'd David to tell us about their engagement.

Tonight is our last night and we're going out to the restaurant at the top of the Eiffel Tower, don't ask me how David got us a table cos they were apparently fully booked. But, I'm just switching on the shower and getting in when I hear the bathroom door open.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:22 pm

We arrived back at the airport and found Seb and Claudita there to pick us up. We got our bags and headed for the car where Jodie and Claudita started talking about the holiday and Seb asked David how they had got on?
"We got on great man, she's such a wonderful person to be around, it's been wonderful waking up beside her in the morning and seeing her first thing in the morning, she's so beautiful then." said David. "But, I've noticed she get's tired quickly in the evenings, so once she's home I think we should maybe not go out as much"
"Do you think that's a good idea? Remember what Claud said about not belittling her, if she wants to go out and you say no, because she get's tired more easily, she's going to get upset, as that was what she was afraid would happen if she told people." said Seb glancing at David. "You're right," sighed David. "But, it's my instinct to keep her safe" he looked round and smiled at her.

Claudita and Jodie were talking about the same thing in the back of the car.
"How was it, what was it like being with David all the time?" asked Claudita.
"It was great, hun, really great. I never realised how happy it would make me feel to have someone in my life love me like he does. It made me forget actually for a while that i'm sick, although I have been getting tired more quickly, but I hope he hasn't noticed because I don't want him to treat me any different than he has done the last few days" said Jodie.

"Well, us girls were hoping that you would help us plan Else’s hen night, we want it to be so outrageous that even she gets embarrassed, and she doesn't get embarrassed easily!" laughs Claudita. "Thanks" laughs Jodie. "I'd love to help you plan it, so what have you in mind?"

*Claudita*

Seb and I are picking Jodie and David up from the airport. They look so relaxed and happy when they walk through, like any other couple, you tend to forget that Jodie is so ill. I smile at them, hugging them.. Then we chat on our way to our car. Seb and David get in the front, and me and Jodie slide in the back. The fun part comes when we start discussing the hen night. Strippers, clubs, shots and anything else that springs to mind, I was good at this sort of thing. I look at Seb as he grins at me, ‘You sure you want to trust this one to do that. She’s totally mental when it comes to things like that.’ Seb says, making me hit him, I laugh, ‘Yeah, only cos on your birthday I organised that stripper.’ I said.

‘Yeah, but it was for me, and some big bloke turns up stripping for you lot, it ruined my party.’ He whined,
‘Yeah but we’ll never forget it.’ I laughed, he kissed me then, hard on the lips. ‘Have I told you that I love you, you silly mare.’ He said to me, laughing at my expression, ‘Why Mr Izambard, thank you very much.’ I said, kissing him back, ‘Yuck you two, give it a rest David says, laughing at us. ‘So, what you gonna do then Claudita?’ Jodie asks me, ‘Well I see a meal, then a club. Maybe China Whites. We’ll get in there. And then you lot could come along, but not until after midnight, you hear.’ I tell them sternly, the boys both laugh. ’And I think a stripper Jodie. We have got to get Else a stripper. Oh nearly forgot, can’t forget Ann Summers, they do that great range of Hen night gear, we’ll dress Else up in a veil and bits, really go to town on her. Then if the boys do turn up…’

I lean across and whisper in Jodie’s ear, not wanting the boys to hear, ‘You know the handcuff to a lamppost bit, well. Lets get them both. Urs we’ll strip, but Else, she can go fully clothed. We’ll handcuff them to something near the statue of Eros in Piccadilly Circus, then go for a drink over in the Trocadero, leave them for about an hour and go back. They’ll have a Hen night that they’ll never forget.’ I tell her, she bursts out laughing, ‘Oh that is so good.’ She says, and the boys looks look at us, ‘What, go on tell us?’
‘Nope, it’s for us to know and you lot to think about .’ I say, Seb turns and starts the engine, ‘I knew it was a bad idea putting her in charge of the hen night, poor Else, she wont know what hit her. Just lets keep Urs away David. I don’t trust that look on my beloveds face.’ Seb says, giving my grin in the mirror, ‘That is the trouble look if ever I saw it.’ He says, we laugh as he pulls away, noticing Jodie is looking very pale. I look at David, he gives me a sad smile. Poor guy, he was gonna need some fun in the next few weeks, because long term, it’ll be sad…..

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:22 pm

*Jodie*

It's been a week now since we got back from Paris and things have gone back to normal. I've gone back to the club and David has gone back to work as well. He comes over every night and we have dinner and then he comes to the club with me, he tried to get me to stop working every night, said he didn't want me to get to tired. But, I told him I was fine and didn't want to be sitting about at home, I'd be doing enough of that pretty soon.

Thing is though, I am getting tired a lot more quickly these days, I just don't want to tell him cos he'll stop me from working as much. And Else’s hen night is in a couple of days, I'm so looking forward to that, She's said that Sez and Leigh could come too, so it should be a good night!
Poor Else, she really doesn't have a clue what Claudita and the rest of us have planned for her!! I only hope Urs and the guys turn up, cos that's the best part of the plan!

I look up as I hear Sez say "Are you listening to me?"
"Sorry Sez" I say looking at her. "What did you say?"
"Are you alright? You look awfully pale and I know you don't want us to fuss, but you've been staring at the same page of that book for the last 15 minutes without turning a page or anything" she said really fast before Jodie could cut her off.
"Actually, I think i'm getting a headache, I can't concentrate on the numbers, I'll come back to them later" sighed Jodie closing the book.
"Well, maybe you could take some ti.." Started Sez before Jodie cut her off with a glare.

THE HEN NIGHT

Tonight was the hen night and I'd taken the day off and gone round to Leigh's, spending the day with her. We were just getting ready for tonight when the doorbell rang and Leigh answered it to find Sez standing there with a bottle of wine in her hand. "Let's get this party started" she laughs. "Come in" laughed Leigh. "I'll get the glasses, Jodie is upstairs getting dressed." "How's she been today?" asked Sez.
"A bit quiet actually, but she seems to be up for a good laugh tonight, you should see what she's wearing!! Just then Jodie comes down stairs wearing a very short black denim skirt, a low cut red top with lace sleeves and knee high black boots. "Wow Jodie, you look really sexy, you should dress like that more often" said Sez
"I don't think it's normally what a manager wears to work!" laughed Jodie
"I didn't mean to work, you dope, I meant when we go out" she said hitting her on the arm, then noticed her wince. She looked at Leigh who'd noticed it too and looked worried.

Sez and Leigh finished getting ready, they were also wearing short skirts and fancy tops and by the time they left to meet the girls, they had already drunk two bottles of wine! They were meeting up at the restaurant for a meal, then heading for Chinawhite's. They arrived and found the girls already there. They had to laugh when they saw what they'd done to Else, she was wearing a veil with a fluffy hair band and L plates and was wearing a badge saying Bride to Be and was carrying some sort of tinsely wand!! Claudita handed us a badge to wear as well, all the girls were wearing one, all saying different rude things!! We had a riotous meal with plenty more to drink and then headed out to Chinawhites.

We got in easily enough, Claudita had got us put on the guest list, so we didn't even have to queue! We had been in for about an hour when the lights went out and the DJ announced over the speakers that there was a hen night party in the club tonight and that they're had been complaints from some people about the noise they were making, so a police man had come to have a word! Else went bright red as this policeman walked towards her, then started dancing as the music started up again, he stripped out of his uniform and made Else rub baby oil all over his chest and by this point she had got into the swing of it and was being very flirty with him!! When he disappeared we went back to dancing and drinking when the guys turned up, after midnight like we had said, Poor Urs, I don't know what the guys had been doing to him, but he looked terrible!! They all looked pretty drunk as well! Urs went straight for Else and David went to Jodie and the others paired up as well. We all danced for a while, then it was suggested that we go for a drink at the Trocadero, so we all piled out of the club and Urs was suddenly grabbed by Claudita and Jenny and stripped to his boxers while Sez and Jodie grabbed Else and then fluffy pink handcuffs were produced and we tied the two of them to a lampost and walked of telling them we'd be back in about an hour to get them!! We then ran round the corner to the Trocadero, had a couple more drinks, then headed back for them. Poor Urs was almost blue with the cold and Else was shouting at us to let them go!! After that we just went our separate ways and all went home. David wanted to stay with me and make sure I was okay, but I said I would be fine and would sleep better by myself tonight, so he kissed me and went home. I went straight to the bathroom and started being sick, I'd been feeling sick for a few hours now, but hadn't wanted to say anything cos it would have spoiled the night. At least this way none of them would know.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:24 pm

*Jodie*

It's the night after the hen night and I really don't feel well, I've been sick every couple of hours during the day and I feel like I can't move my head cos it's so heavy. I know it's not the amount I drunk last night, because I can usually drink as much as I want and never get ill with it! I called Sez and told her I wasn't coming into work and she went quiet asking if I wanted her to come round. I said No, I needed her at work, so she said ok and hung up. She'd sounded really worried and that's what I don't want, I don't think I could cope with it if she went all funny on me.

I dragged myself to bed and just lay there for a while til I felt sick again. As I was coming out of the bathroom the doorbell rang, the sound echoing through my head, I answered it to see David standing there, I didn't even have the energy to say hello, I just turned round and went back to my bedroom. I got halfway there when I suddenly felt really faint and collapsed on the floor.

"Jodie, baby" cried David, rushing to my side. "Baby, what's wrong, tell me what's wrong, please, talk to me baby please." I lifted my head and looked at him, then was sick again all over his jeans and the floor. He picked me up and put me back in bed, cleaned me up and then took out his phone and dialled a number. "David" I whispered. He looked up at me and I said "No hospitals please”.

David picked up his phone again and called the doctor who said she'd be there as soon as possible. He threw it down on the table and went back to Jodie who was lying in her bed and said "The doctor will be here soon, she'll be able to tell us what's up." He looked at Jodie and almost started crying, she looked so small and weak and he could hardly believe that it had only been a couple of weeks since they'd been in Paris, so happy and she'd looked so healthy.
"Can I get you anything babe?" he asked her quietly. Jodie looked at him and said softly "Could you help me have a shower? before the doctor comes please, I want to feel fresh and I can't stand in the shower by myself"
"Course hun, I'll switch the shower on and put a chair in the shower, so you can sit down and I'll wash your hair and make you look really good for the doc coming." he said.

He left her lying in bed and went to get everything sorted, then came back to help her up, he put one arm around her waist and helped her to the bathroom, he took of her nightie carefully and very gently started to wash her body then did her hair. Once she was out and dry, he put a fresh nightie on her and helped her back into bed. She fell asleep while he was sitting there so he took the opportunity to change into a clean pair of jeans he had in the car. Then the doctor arrived and checked her over, David explained all about her illness and the doctor took her temperature and did some tests and said that it was just a bad case of Flu. She explained that because Jodie’s immune system isn't working at full strength she will probably pick up a lot of bugs and colds that are going around.

She advised David to take her to the hospital and they would keep an eye on her, but he said she wouldn't go to the hospital, so she said just to keep her in bed and to try and get lots of fluids into her because she will need them. She would recover from this bug, but that it was a sign that her Cancer is starting to take over the body in a more aggressive way than before. Then she left and David went back to lie beside her while she was sleeping, all of a sudden he couldn't stop the tears from running down his face, he'd known this was coming, but he hadn't expected it to happen so fast.

*Jodie*

It's been a few days now since the doctor had been and David has never left my side, I'm sure he must be needed at work, but he says his place is with me until I get better and I have to admit, I'm glad he's here. I'm finally starting to feel a bit better, although the doc said I will probably get every bug and cold going around now, so I've made a decision. I'm going to stop doing so many shifts at the club, I've told Sez that she can have all the extra shifts if she wants them and I'm going to start taking care of myself a bit better. Starting tmrw, I'm going to go to work with David and the guys and spend some more time with him, I think it's really hit him hard, he try's not to show it, but I can see the tears in his eyes sometimes and I can hear him when he thinks i'm sleeping. I've had so many visitors over the last few days, I never realised I had so many people out there who cared for me, I've spent so long shutting people out that I thought they'd taken the hint and didn't care anymore.

I'm really looking forward to Urs and Else’s wedding and I'm hoping to be well enough to attend it. They've forgiven us for tying them to the lamppost on the hen night, said they were half expecting something like that! It's a whole month away yet and you never know what could happen in a month. I've started writing things down about what I want to happen after i've gone, David refuses to look at it or talk about it, I know it's upsetting but it's got to be done.

It's been a month now and I seem to be keeping free of colds and bugs, I spend most of my time just following David to work. I love watching him perform and there is something special about being in a studio and watching an album being put together from scratch. We go out for dinner a couple of times a week and we even went to the cinema the other night, we sat in the back row and I can't actually remember anything about the film!! I've even been out with the girls once or twice and I had David and the others over for dinner the other night, although David did all the cooking!!
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:25 pm

I pop into the club every now and again just to see how things are going, Sez seems to be enjoying the extra shifts and the extra money! I still worry about how David is going to cope when i'm gone. He doesn't like to talk about it and I do. I want to make sure he knows how I feel so I've written him a letter which I've made sure he'll get afterwards. We're going to Else and Urs wedding tomorrow, everyone is going to be there and Seb, David and Carlos are all best men! I'm going to sit with the girls while we're at the church. I'm really looking forward to it.

*David*

Well, it's been a month now since Jodie collapsed and she seems to be doing fine again, keeping clear of bugs and colds. She's been coming to work with me and the guys pretty much since she got better and I love having her around and knowing she's watching me at work. We go out for dinner a few times a week and we even went to the cinema the other night, can't tell you what film we saw though, we sat in the back and behaved like love struck teenagers!! She invited all the guys and girls around for dinner one night, then she told me she couldn't cook! so I ended up making the dinner, but I didn't mind. I'd do anything for her.

I know she wants to talk to me about what will happen when she's gone, but I don't even want to think about it, I don't know what i'm going to do when she's gone, I don't think i'll be able to cope. She's brought so much happiness into my life and I can't bear to think of losing it. Anyway, we're off to Urs wedding tomorrow, me and the guys are all best men, Jodie is gonna sit with the girls. I can't believe Urs is getting married, he's always been the one we thought would never settle down and he's the first one of us to get married!!

The Wedding

Everything's going wrong!! David slept over at Urs’ last night so that they could get each other up early and get themselves ready without having to rush, but David forgot to set the alarm and they've just woken up and realised the wedding's in a couple of hours!! Leigh and Sez stayed here with me and we've just had David on the phone asking if we can come over and help them! So we all pile in the car laughing, we'd been ready for ages and were gossiping in the house.
"Can you believe them?" laughed Leigh.
"I know, all David had to do was switch on the alarm clock, and he didn't even manage that!" said Sez.
I laughed along with them before saying "God, I hope either Seb or Carlos have the rings, if David’s got them they're in trouble" setting the girls off into hysterics again.

We arrived to find Urs and David in their underwear and trying to iron their shirts.
"Oh god, give me that" I said pushing them both out of the way. "You'll end up with burn marks all over them doing it that way. Go and get showered, we'll do this and I don't suppose you've had breakfast yet?"
David smiled at me, kissed me then said "Nope, thank you so much for doing this babe, you've really saved my neck"

Somehow we managed to get them ready and out of the house and up to the church before anyone realised they were late. Then we took and our seats and waited for Else to arrive. When she did she looked so gorgeous in her Ivory wedding dress with a fitted bodice covered in little beads and glittery bits and a flowing skirt and a train that was so long the bridesmaids had to carry for her. She had a very sheer veil covering her face and her hair was beautifully done. The service was beautiful and we were all crying a few times, then they were married and were walking back down the aisle as husband and wife.

After the photo's we headed for the reception where we had the meal and the speeches and Urs and Else had their first dance.
David came up to me and asked me "Could I have the pleasure of your company for this dance madam?" which made me burst into giggles and get up there with him. We danced the night away and when Else threw her bouquet before she left I caught it. A slight sense of sadness ran through me, cos when you catch the brides bouquet it usually means that you'll be the next to get married. But, I knew that would never happen. "Hey babe, are you okay?" I heard David say. He looked at me funny before I said "Yeah, I just never caught one of these before, I usually end up at the bottom of the pile!!
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:26 pm

*Jodie*

"Jodie babe, where are you?" I hear David shouting, but I can't answer him, i'm sitting on the bathroom floor in my pyjama's where i've been for the last hour, I can't seem to move. David must have let himself in and come to see why I hadn't turned up this morning. I hear him coming up the stairs and try to shout out, but I can hardly speak let alone shout. He shouts out my name again this time sounding more worried. "Jodie, are you up here? please hunnie, where are you?" I hear the bedroom door open and shut, then I hear his phone ring. he answers it "Hey Seb, no I haven't found her, she's not here, her beds not made, but she must have gone out earlier and lost track of time. Yeah okay, I'll talk to you later, will you call Claudita and have her maybe try to look for her. Okay thanks man, I'm just coming back now, see you." I hear the front door slam and I start crying. Why didn't he try the bathroom door? He'd have known something was wrong when he realised it was locked.

*David*

I'm worried about Jodie, she never turned up at the studio this morning and she'd said she was definitely coming. I pull up into her driveway and let myself in the front door with the spare key, shouting out "Jodie babe, where are you?" I try the kitchen and the sitting room and all the downstairs rooms, nothing. I go upstairs and try her bedroom, she's not there and her bed's not been made. That's not like her, I think to myself. I call out again, sounding more worried this time. I try the other rooms and am heading for the bathroom when my phone rings. Seb flashes up on the screen and I answer it with "Hey Seb, no I haven't found her, she's not here, her bed's not made, but she must have gone out earlier and lost track of time. Yeah okay, I'll talk to you later, will you call Claudita and have her maybe try looking for her. Okay thanks man, I'm just coming back now, see you." I hang up and go back downstairs banging the front door shut behind me as I leave. Where has she gone. What if something’s happened to her and she can't let me know, i'm really worried about her.

*Jodie*

It seemed like hours had passed before I heard the front door open and slam again. I was so cold and couldn't stop shivering. I heard Claudita shouting out "Jodie, are you here ? let me know if you're here, David’s really worried about you, he's practically hysterical about the fact that he can't find you anywhere." I hear her coming up the stairs and look round the bathroom for some way of letting her know I was in here. My eyes fell upon the chair David had put in the shower for me the day the doctor had come, I hadn't put it back yet and if I could just reach over, I could knock it over. I managed to move my leg over slightly and pushed the chair over with my foot, it landed on it's side with a crash. I heard a cry and then the door handle was being tried. "Jodie, are you in there? can you open the door hun, please try and open the door." She starts banging on the door to get it open and eventually manages to open it. "OMG babe, what's happened, have you been here all morning? " Claudita asked. She notices me shivering then and lifts me up and helps me through to the bedroom and covers me with the quilt. Then she phones an ambulance telling them what’s happened. I don't object, i'm just relieved that someone found me. Then she dials another number. "Hey Seb, yeah I found her, can you tell David to meet us at the hospital, she's been sitting on her bathroom floor all morning not able to move or speak, yeah I called an ambulance, he'll be quicker just meeting us there than coming out here and missing us. Ok, thanks babe." The ambulance arrives and we go to the hospital and I get checked over and the doc says he wants to keep me in for a few days for observation.

*David*

I'm heading for the hospital, Claudita found Jodie and I feel terrible, she's been sitting on the bathroom floor all morning. She must have been there when I was in a couple of hours before, but for some reason I never checked the bathroom. I arrive at the hospital, park the car and run into the hospital. "Claudita, I shout." seeing her sitting on a chair. "where's Jodie? How is she, what's wrong with her?" I say really quickly. She looks up at me and I see tears in her eyes. "She's in there with the doctor." she says pointing to a room. "I found her just sitting there and when I tried to lift her, she couldn't support herself, I had to help her through to the bedroom."

I pull her into a hug as fresh tears start coming. The doctor appears and I ask him "What's wrong with Jodie?"
"It appears that the cancer has started to weaken her bones, she simply couldn't support herself which is why she fell down this morning, I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do for her except transfer her to our Cancer ward and just keep her comfortable." said the doctor. "I'm really very sorry." "No" said David firmly. "She doesn't want to spend what time she has left in hospital, she's told me that so many times, can I not take her home and look after her myself?" The doctor looked at him and said "She will need 24hr care from now on, can you give her that?" "No, but I can hire a nurse to be with her when I can't be, I will work something out, please let me take her home" Pleads David. "Ok, let me work out all the details and stuff you will need to know and then you can take her home" replied the doctor then walked away.

Claudita and I go into the room to see Jodie and she looks so weak, but smiles when she sees David. He tells her what the doc said and that he's taking her home with him, but will be hiring a nurse to help him. Jodie looks worried at that, then looks at Claudita and say's "I don't want a stranger coming in. Claudita, I know you‘ve worked with cancer patients, would you look after me?" "Yes" says David. "I'll pay you whatever you need to take time off your work and look after Jodie, please"

Claudita looked between them both and said "I'll have to talk it over with Seb before I can say, can I tell you tomorrow?" "Sure babe, take as long as you need" say's David then hugs her again.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:35 pm

*Claudita*

I leave the hospital.
Letting David and Jodie have some time together. They didn’t have much time left, that I was certain off.
And this thing of me nursing Jodie.
Could I do it?
Was I strong enough?

I walked in a trance, my head working over time. What do I do? A car pulls up along the kerb, the window winding down. ‘Would a gorgeous lady like yourself wanna lift home?’ I’m asked. It’s Seb. I smile and slide in the car, feeling tears sting my eyes. We drive in silence, watching the world speed by. Pulling up outside our house.
We had bought this place when they guys learned that they would be based in London so that we could be together all the time after we realised how we felt about each other. We had been together longer than any of the other guys, we had met and just slotted together. Two halves of a whole. Soul mates. I looked at him as we walked into our home. He was my world. I wouldn’t cope if anything should happen to him. He was my everything. I walked into the kitchen and opened a bottle of wine. Pouring out a couple of glasses I handed one to him, ‘Claud, what’s happening?’

I looked at him, finally letting the tears slip down my cheeks, he was there in an instant, pulling me close to him, holding me as the tears fell. ‘It’s not good Seb. The cancers spread into her bones, I had a feeling this would happen. Oh, why?’ I sobbed, shaking as my emotions surged through me, ‘It’s just not fair, everything David’s been through, and he finally finds an amazing girl, and she’s snatched from under his nose by a wicked illness.’ I say, once the tears have subsided.
‘I know babe, but life’s a *****, we both know that.’ he tells me, stroking my face.
‘They want me to nurse her love. Be with her 24/7.’ I tell him, my voice a whisper.
He looks at me, holding me tighter, ‘How long do you think she’s got left?’ he asks, his voice as quiet as mine.
‘Who knows Seb? Could be a week, could be a month, not more than 6 weeks though. I’m pretty sure of that. She’s getting to the end.’ I say, tears falling once more.

He wraps me in his arms, holding me tight, ‘God Claud, if I ever lost you.’ he said, ‘Do me a favour, when this is…well you know. Lets have a baby, then if it’s a girl, lets call her Jodie. I feel that we’ll need to do something. This is gonna be hard for all of us.’ he pauses, I hear him sniff, I look up, to see him crying with me, ’David is gonna need us love. Really need us to be with him, he could always come here after.’
He says, ‘So you Ok with me doing it.’ I ask him, he looks at me.
‘Only if it’s what you want Claud? This is gonna get deep and painful. You’ll need some time off too.’ he says,
‘I know, David and I will do it between us.’ I say, snuggling into his shoulder. He kisses my head, and then we go to bed. He holds me tight, our bodies entwined.

‘When this is over. Lets get married!!’ he says, ‘Lets go somewhere hot, take the guys and girls, have a big knees up. Both for us and Jodie. I think she’ll want that. I bet she’ll tell us to carry on with our life’s.’ he said. I nodded, I already had an idea of what I was going to do, but I wouldn’t tell anyone yet, I wanted to think a bit more about it. And the next few weeks would help me, it would then be very special and just for her…

Jodie has been home a week now and Claudita spends most of the day at the house with her, looking after her, helping her with things she needs and just keeping her company. She's got a lot weaker than she was even just a week ago, it's so hard seeing her like this, but she's keeping her spirits up, joking with me and all the visitors that come round. David's finding it the hardest though, when he comes home after work, he goes up to see her then comes down and I tell him about the day and quite often spend most of the evening there with him too, he is so strong around Jodie that he needs to let all his tears and anger out on me.

Tonight is different though, he came in from work in a really bad mood and I knew he wouldn't be able to cope with Jodie as well on his own, so I said I would stay with him if he wanted. I don't know what the bad mood was for, but he said he would appreciate it if I could stay. I phoned Seb to tell him I wouldn't be home and he snapped at me, saying I spent more time over here with David than I did with him these days. I couldn't believe it, how could he be so insensitive, he knew why I was here. I just put the phone down in disbelief and stared at it.

Two minutes later, it rang and I picked it up to Seb apologizing. He said they'd all had a really bad day and he hadn't meant to take it out on me, but he could have done with some company. I told him I would see him in the morning as they had the day off and David was gonna look after Jodie.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:36 pm

*Claudita*

I really don’t know what’s wrong with Seb these days, ever since that night he snapped at me on the phone he’s been acting really weird and he won’t speak to me and snaps at little things. I’m really not in the mood to fight with him as I’m really tired all the time, Jodie is really getting weak now, I’d say she only has about a week to go before she dies. Sebastien doesn’t understand that I’m not only needed to help Jodie, but to give David some support too, cos this is going to hit him harder than any of us. Eventually it gets to a point where I just can’t put up with it anymore and I ask him “Why are you being so moody all the time lately?”
He looked at me and said “I didn’t realise that when you said you’d help David nurse Jodie that you’d end up spending more time with him than you do with me”
I looked at him in disbelief and said “You’re jealous? This is what all the snapping and moodiness is about, I’m helping out a very dear friend of mine with his terminally ill girlfriend and you’re jealous of the time I’m spending with him” He looks at me very sheepish and I say “If you’re going to be so insensitive about this, then I’m better of not being here. I’m going somewhere I know I’m welcome.” I walk out then slamming the front door behind me. I get in the car and head for Jodie and David’s house.

*David*

I don’t know what to do, Claudita tells me Jodie has only got about a week left and I’ve not done any of the things I wanted to do or tell her everything I want to tell her, so I decide to do this properly. I leave her with Claudita and go out for an hour, when I get back I go straight up to Jodie and sit beside her talking away about everything and nothing, you know! Telling her what things are like outside, how things at the club are doing, how the bands coming on etc.. Then I get off the bed and kneel on the floor beside her and say “Baby, you know how much I love you, and how much I never want to leave your side.
Well I knew I wanted you from the moment I first saw you. Do you remember our first meeting? Where you literally bumped into me, and I walked you home because you thought someone was following you?” Jodie nods her head and smiles at the memory.
“Well, someone was following you, it was me. I’d seen you in the club a few times before and I’d wanted to talk to you, but when you came out of the club I suddenly couldn’t get up enough courage to talk to you, so I just followed you. I’m sorry if I freaked you out!”

Jodie looked at him and said “That’s alright babe, it worked out for the best because I probably wouldn’t have let you in if I hadn’t felt I needed to thank you for walking me home that night.” David smiled and said “One more thing babe, I know you’re tired but I’ve got a surprise that hopefully you will like. I don’t want you to die just being my girlfriend, I want you to become my wife. I’ve talked to a minister and he said he would do the service here anytime we want and the guys and girls would be here of course. What do you say babe? Will you marry me?”

Jodie looked up at him and said “You were the guy following me that night? I knew there was someone there, but when I bumped into you I just thought I’d imagined it!”
She laughs softly and then says “I’m glad you did that because I wouldn’t have had such a happy last few months and I wouldn’t be about to say yes to you.” She looks up at him and smiles “David, I would love to marry you, I want to be able to say I married the most gorgeous guy in the whole world.”
David grinned and hugged her then said “You’ve just made me the happiest guy in the world. When do you think we should do it?”
“How about tomorrow? I’m so bored just lying here everyday, it would give me something to look forward to and it would be something I can get the girls round to help me with!” Jodie replied.
“Okay hun, I’ll go and call the minister, tell him we’ve decided on tomorrow and I’ll let everyone know about it. You get some sleep now, you look really tired.” he say’s then kisses her and leaves the bedroom.

He goes downstairs and tells Claudita who is delighted and immediately starts calling all the girls and tells them what the plan is. David calls the guys and is quite surprised to get a frosty reception from Seb. Once he hangs up he turns to Claudita and says “Is everything all right with you and Seb? He didn’t sound like himself on the phone!”
She looked at the floor and sighed “We had an argument the other day, and I walked out on him saying he was insensitive and moody and jealous. We haven’t really made up yet”
“What was it about if you don’t mind me asking?” asked David. “Me spending so much time here, he accused me of spending more time with you these days than I do with him, he’s jealous of me and you and he’s being so dam pigheaded that I don’t even want to try talking to him about it.” she replied. “I don’t want to talk about it either, let’s just start planning what we need for tomorrow, us girls will sort Jodie out, do her hair nice, get her dressed up and do her make up etc. You just sort out the rest.”

*The Next Day*

The house was buzzing, people were arriving and things were being set up for the party after the service downstairs. Sez, Leigh, Elsie, Claudita and Jenny were upstairs getting Jodie ready and the minister had just arrived. Eventually everyone was shooed upstairs and into the bedroom where Jodie was sitting on the bed wearing a white trouser suit with her hair up the way she’d worn it on their first date. David went and sat beside her and the minister began the service. When he got to the part when he asked them if they took each other as husband and wife they looked at each other and both said “I Do” at the same time. Then the minister said that they were husband and wife and that they could now kiss, all the girls were crying at this point and then they went downstairs to start the party. David carried Jodie down the stairs and sat her in a chair so she could join in as well. As the night went on, she could feel herself getting really tired and just wanted to close her eyes and go to sleep, so asked David to take her back upstairs. He took her up and got her ready for bed then kissed her and said he was really happy that he could now call her his wife. She told him to go back to the party, so he said he’d come back and check on her later, then left her to sleep.

After a while, everyone started to leave so he started tidying up and then went up to check on Jodie, she was sleeping soundly so he left and went to the room he used and went to bed. He got up in the morning and went through to see her, she looked like she was still sleeping, but something was different this time, she wasn’t breathing. He put his hand on her face and it was cold. He started trying to wake her although he knew it was no good, she was gone. He sank down onto the bed beside her and just let the tears come never letting go of her. They’d only been married a day and it was as if she’d just been holding on for him to ask. He must have sat there holding her and crying for over an hour when he realised he’d have to phone the doctor. He also phoned Claudita and told her that he really needed her because he didn’t think he could cope with the doctor all by himself.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:37 pm

David just sat there with Jodie in his arms until she arrived, she let herself in and found him in the bedroom and her heart went out to him. He was never going to cope with this, yes he’d known it was coming, but I don’t think you can ever prepare yourself for how you’re going to feel when it actually happens. “David” she said gently. “Honey, I’m so sorry.” He looks up at her, his eyes glistening with all the tears he’s cried and says in a voice so quiet she could hardly hear him “What am I going to do without her? She was my world and now she’s gone. It’s not fair, why her, why her?” She picked him up off the bed and puts her arms around him holding him close. “I don’t know babe, I really don’t know, life isn’t fair sometimes.” she replies. Just then the doorbell rings and she goes down to open it and let’s the doctor in, she comes upstairs, does all she has to do and tells them that someone was on their way to pick up Jodie and take her body away. David starts crying again and tells Claudita that he can’t go on living without her.

After the coroner’s had been to take Jodie away David curled up in a ball on the couch and wouldn’t move til she came downstairs and handed him a letter. “It’s from Jodie” she said. “She wanted me to give it to you when she had gone, said it had to be straight away. I’ll leave you to read it by yourself, I’ll be in the kitchen.”

David, firstly I want to say how much I really love you and I never thought I would ever meet someone as wonderful and as genuine and warm hearted as you. If some asked me if I would change anything about the last six months of my life, I would say no, they were some of the best months I’ve had and I wouldn’t change them for anything except maybe making them last longer and never ending. I know how bad you probably feel right now and it’s nothing to how I felt when I was writing this, I couldn’t stop the tears running down my face and my hand was shaking so much that I’m surprised you can read it. I have so many things I want to say, but I can’t think of how to put them down in writing. I ‘m going to miss so much the way you would push the hair out of my eyes with your fingers and the way you kissed me, the feel of your hand on my face, the smell of your aftershave, your laugh, your sexy voice.

I wrote you a little, I want to say poem, but it’s not. It’s just something I wanted to get of my chest. Here it is my darling.

No more tears, No more goodbyes
Don’t you know it’s time for me to go
Even though it hurt’s to see you cry
But don’t you know you’ll never be alone
If you hold me deep inside

You know that I would rather stay
But now before I turn away
There’s one last thing to you I want to say

Baby, there’s no goodbyes
I’ll always be right by your side
I may be far away
You know that my heart will stay with you, always

Now I’ve pictures in the distance
Even though it seems a million miles
But there’ll be no space between us
I’ll be there whenever you shut your eyes, yes I will.

Baby, I don’t want you to be upset when I’m gone, I want you to get everyone together and have a private party at the club, just you, the guys and girls and my dad. I don’t want you to mourn the sadness of my life, I want you to celebrate the life I did have, my life with you which will never be forgotten. I have to go now darling, I don’t want to, but I don’t think I can write much more. Just never forget that I love you, but I don’t want you to be lonely, if you find someone out there who you like, then you have my permission to see her. I don’t want you to be sad, I want you to be happy again. I’ll be watching you my darling.

Lots of love,
Jodie xxxxxx

David sat on the couch unable to move, he hadn’t thought he had any more tears left inside him, but they were pouring down his face. He thought of Jodie and how she’d tried to get him to read what she wanted to happen after she’d gone and he wouldn’t. So he decided he would plan the funeral exactly how she’d wanted it, he would go find all the stuff she’d written down and carry it all out exactly the way she wanted.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:39 pm

He must have fallen asleep because he woke up a few hours later and heard banging in the kitchen. He got up and went through to find Claudita sitting at the table where she was trying to peel some potatoes. She had tears running down her face and was shaking. “It’s all right, I know you’re gonna miss her, we’re all gonna miss her, she was a wonderful person and she didn’t deserve to die, not like this.” he said to her.
She looked at him and said “ I know, it’s just everything’s going wrong, Jodie dying, me and Seb still aren’t talking and I was trying to make us some dinner and I ended up dropping everything all over the floor, I got so mad, I flung the pan at the wall, I’m sorry if it’s ruined.”

David stared at her and said “Hunnie, I can’t do anything about the first two, but I can just buy a new pan, and we can always get takeaway if we’re hungry.” Then he pulled her into his arms and hugged her tight.

“I need to find all those notes she wrote down about how she wants the funeral, I have to organise it all the way she wanted.” David said. Claudita got up and opened a drawer and took them all out. “She gave them to me to put somewhere, she knew I would give them to you when you asked for them.” she said.

*David*

Everything was arranged for the funeral, it was going to be in 3 days, just the way Jodie had written it out in her notes. But tonight was going to be hard on everyone, all the guys, girls and Jodie’s dad was going to be in the club which was closed to the public tonight for the party she’d wanted us to have. I don’t know how I was going to get through it, I’m just glad Claudita is here, she’s been my rock since Jodie died. She and I are going to the club together and meeting everyone there, Sez and Leigh had taken care of the food and the club was putting up the drink free for the night. Their regular dj was going to do the music which Jodie had demanded was not sad.

*Claudita*

We got to the club and just as we walked in the door Seb walked by and seeing my arm in David’s he just stared at me then walked away. I couldn’t believe he was being such a pig. This night was hard enough without him making it harder. We went right inside and saw everyone sitting at a table. We went over and sat down. We had decided that we were going to have a little remembrance for Jodie. Spend a while talking about her, telling stories and funny jokes about things that had happened to her. Then we were going to do what she’d asked and party or try to anyway. I talked to her dad a lot that night, so did David. He wanted to know how she’d been the last few weeks, he hadn’t come to see her, he said he wanted to remember her the way she was. He said he’d watched her mother die and all he could remember about her was how ill she looked at the end, it had blocked out all his happy memories and he didn’t want that to happen with Jodie. I felt so sorry for him, he had no-one left now. She had been his little girl, his only child and all he’d had left.

Around eleven people started to leave and David and I decided to go too. I was so proud of him, I’m sure he’d felt so sad being there without her and he never cried in front of anyone, if he did need to cry he’d gone to the toilet to be alone. We got back to the house and he went straight to bed and I went and had a long hot bath. That was the first hurdle jumped. The next one would be the funeral and I had something special planned for it. Nobody knows about it, it’s a surprise for everyone.

*The Funeral*

It was the morning of the funeral and Claudita went to check that David was alright, he was sitting on the bed with his tie hanging round his neck loosely just staring at the picture of him and Jodie he had in his hands. She decided to leave him alone for another few minutes, they didn’t have to leave yet. She went downstairs and made herself a strong cup of coffee, she was going to need it to get through today. She hadn’t seen or spoken to Seb since the night of the party, not that she’d spoken to him then either. But he was going to be there today and she was hoping he would say something this time, she really missed him.

She looked up as David walked into the kitchen, his tie still open and poured him a coffee. He was only just coping, if anything else happened he would break down completely. He was already a shadow of his old self. She poured him a coffee and did his tie up for him wondering what is was about ties that men couldn’t do properly. They didn’t speak, they didn’t need to. By now they had a manner in which they both knew if the other didn’t want to speak or not. They then got in the car and headed for the church.

Everyone was starting to arrive at the church, last time they had been in here was for Urs and Else’s wedding, that had been such a happy occasion, now it was completely different, everyone was dressed in black and looked so sad. There was a picture of Jodie sitting on top of the coffin, one of David’s favourite pictures of her. The minister started the service and then halfway through said that someone was wanting to read something out and could Claudita please come forward. She went up to the pulpit and started to speak. “As you all know, I helped nurse Jodie for the last few weeks of her life and I got really close to her and I wanted to do some kind of tribute to her, as much to help me as to help everyone out there remember what she was like.”

She picks up some paper and starts to read.

“Once in a lifetime
Someone comes along
Who touches your life
And shows you how
To carry on
To become strong

You need these souls to guide you
To lead you on your way
One day when they go
You’ll always find your way

One day a hand will grip your shoulder
A light will show you home
They’re there with you always
You’re friends, your guides, your suns

I know right now it’s hard
You loved and are now alone
But trust your heart, your mind, your soul
For you are not alone

These people that you share
The life that you walk each day
Are friends and more than that
They’re angels
Guiding you right now

So don’t despair
Live life each day
For you are not alone
You are not alone.

She then went back to sit beside David who had tears in his eyes and he whispered thank you to her.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:41 pm

After the funeral everyone came back to the house for some drinks and food, they didn’t stay long as they had all said their goodbye’s to Jodie at the party in the club the other night. Claudita stayed behind to help David tidy up and then she went up to her room. Seb had been at the funeral, but hadn’t spoken to her at all, so she was staying with David for the time being. After a while there was a knock on her door and David came in. He looked really bad and said “I don’t really want to be on my own tonight hun, would you mind if I slept in here with you? I’ll sleep on the floor, I just don’t want to be alone tonight, please.”

*Claudita*

I look at him as he walks in, laying on the bed in front of me. I stroke his hair, feeling him cry.
‘SShh, David love, come on babe, please.’ I say.
‘Why? Why did I have to lose her?’ he asked me, his face so sad.
‘I don’t know David, I really don’t. Life’s a *****.’ I tell him.
I hold him as he sheds more tears. I think about Seb. When I had first met David we had been an item. But as soon as I meet Seb, something clicked. We were soul mates, two halves of a whole. I missed him so much.
‘thanks for being here with me’ David said,
‘Hey babe, for you anything. You know that.’ I said, kissing his hair.
‘Now sleep love, please.’ I say to him, kissing his head again. I hold him, feeling his body relax as sleep washes over him.
I stay awake for a while, thinking about Seb. It had been over a week now, since I had spoken to him and I was missing him so much. I roll away from David, sure he’s asleep, and then I close my eyes. Before long I’m peacefully asleep, dreaming of my Seb. Hands stroke my back. A soft caress, I smile and push back against him, ‘I love you babe.’ I whisper, ‘I love you Seb.’ I say, enjoying the feel of his hands.
His hands travel over my arms, stroking my neck, followed by a kiss. Really turning me on. I moan as hands stroke across my bust, caressing.
Suddenly my eyes fly open and I remember where I am.

‘David no.’ I say, but he’s not listening, he pulls me back as I try to get away from him, pinning me to the bed. ‘Please David, it’s me Claudita. Please.’ I beg him, tears streaming down my face.
He carries on though, kissing my neck, holding my hands, his mouth was hungry, his hand over me, pawing at my body.
‘David for god sake no.’ I say, ‘I’m not Jodie.’ I shout, managing to push him off in the stunned silence following that statement. His hands drop away from me, I get up, pulling on some clothes. I was sobbing, why? What had come over him?
‘Why David?’ I ask him
‘Cos I needed to, come back here, let me finish what I started.’ he said, looking at me with eyes that scared me. I turned and left, tears stinging my eyes.
It was 3 in the morning and I had to get home. I got in my car and drove, my head going over what had just happened. He would have gone all the way if I hadn’t thrown in the comment of Jodie. I stopped the car, home. I had said about going home, but would I be welcomed there. I didn’t know. I put my hands on the wheel, my body shaking as the shock of what nearly happened hit me. I had to go to Seb, I needed him. I started the car and drove the short distance, my tears nearly blinding me. I pulled up next to Seb’s car, seeing a light on in the study. It was 3 in the morning and he was still up. I sat in the car and tried to pull myself together, but I was fighting a losing battle, he had meant to have me, he wanted to use me to forget about Jodie.

I got out the car and walked to the front door, I tried to get my key in the key hole, but couldn’t. My hands were shaking so much. I leant against it, sobbing. The events of the past week hitting me hard. The reality of tonight, how easily it could have got nasty. I hear footsteps and the door opens. I fall into his arms, sobbing uncontrollably.
“what’s up Claud?’ he asks, looking at me.
‘Just hold me love please.’ I sob, feeling his arms tighten around me. He picks me up and carries me into the lounge, sitting me gently next to him.
‘What’s happened?’ he asks me, stroking my hair from my eyes.
‘David. He tried to..’ I started but I couldn’t finish. He pulled me to him, realising what I was saying.
‘He didn’t did he?’ He asked, his voice angry,
‘No, I managed to stop him, but he would have done it. Just to forget Jodie for a little while.’ I said, looking into his deep brown eyes. ’I love you so much Seb. I’ve missed you so much. I was dreaming about you, when he touched me, I thought it was you.’ I said, the tears falling afresh.
‘But then I remembered where I was.’

‘Well, you’re home now. Safe. Come on darling, lets go to bed.’ he stood and pulled me up, I put my arms round his neck, ‘I love you Seb so much.’ I sobbed.
‘I love you too Claud, and I’ve missed you more than you could possibly imagine.’ He whispered, kissing me. I slept in his arms that night, snuggled up to him.
We spent the next few days shut away from the world. Talking, getting ourselves back together.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:41 pm

6 days after that night Urs and Carlos turn up on the door step. No one had seen David since the funeral. There was no answer on his phones, and he wasn’t opening the door.
As I had a key, they wondered if I would agree to go round and make sure he was ok. I looked at Seb, ‘I’ll come with you babe. He may need some help.’ he said, so we got in his car and headed round to David's. I was worried about him, he wouldn’t have done that to me unless he was really confused.
‘You sure you want to do this babe?’ Seb asked me.
‘yeah, he’s not himself hun, and I still love him.’ I saw his face fall, ‘Not like that you nana, you’re the only one for me. I love him like a brother, my mate. I’m really worried about him Seb.’ I say, he nods.
We pull up into the driveway, parking next to David’ car.
I get out, looking up at the place. All the curtains are drawn across the windows, I look at Seb. He shrugs.
I open the door, going in, the place stinks. There are piles of washing, clothes everywhere, dirty plates and cups. But nothing recent.

I walk around and find him on the sofa, staring into space.
‘Seb love, found him. He’s not good.’ I said, counting the numerous empty alcohol bottles around him, ranging from beer and lager to wine and spirits. I bend down and smell him, he’s out cold, in an alcoholic stupor. Seb comes to me, ‘Is he ok?’
‘No, he’s turned to drink. Lets get him to ours. Between us we’ll get him sorted.’ I say, knowing he couldn’t be left on his own.
We man handle him out to the car, and I slide in the back, holding his head on my lap. He’s out for the count. I stroke his head, ‘Oh David, why didn’t you talk to us?’ I whispered, smiling at Seb as he looked at me in the rear view mirror.
We get home and I put him to bed, it’s no good trying to wake him yet, he needs to sleep this off. He’s a right mess, looks like he’s not shaved for the week, probably not even showered, the smell coming from him. I shut the door and quietly go down to Seb. Hugging him, ‘God babe, don’t ever leave me will you?’ He says, tears in his voice. ‘Promise love, as long as you never leave me.’

It was the next morning before they saw David again. Seb and Claudita were sitting in the kitchen having breakfast when he came stumbling into the kitchen looking and smelling dreadful. He didn’t know where he was and was mumbling to himself about having to go meet Jodie. Claudita and Seb looked at each other and then Seb got up and sat David down. Then he knelt in front of him and said “Dave mate, it’s Seb and Claudita is here too. You’re in our house. What’s the last thing you remember happening?” David looked at Seb and said very quietly “Jodie and I getting married, then she just disappeared. I can’t find her anywhere. Do you know where she is?” Claudita ran out of the room before David could see the tears running down her face. “I’ll be back in a minute mate, alright?” Seb said to David. Then he went after Claudita.

She was up in the bedroom crying and she looked up as he walked in “He doesn’t remember that she died, he’s totally blocked it out of his mind. He doesn’t remember trying to attack me or anything past the wedding” she sobbed. “This is going to be harder than we realised, he’s going to have to stay here with us til he’s able to cope on his own again. We’ll have to tell him its been nearly two weeks since Jodie died” Seb pulled her into his arms and hugged her tight. “Let’s get him cleaned up first yeah, I’ll stick him in the shower and give him a shave and you make him some breakfast and some strong coffee. I don’t know when he last ate anything or drank something that wasn’t alcohol” he said. “Oh, and maybe you should get rid of any alcohol we have in the house, so he can’t drink anymore.”

*Claudita*

I sat crying on the bed after Seb had gone to get David in the shower, how could he get in such a state and how could I have let him get in this state. I knew he wasn’t right the night he thought I was Jodie, but I didn’t think he would deteriorate so quickly. I wiped my eyes and went downstairs hearing the shower run. I started to fry some bacon, eggs and sausages and put on a new jug of coffee, then I went through and emptied the drinks cabinet of all alcohol and took the beer out of the fridge. I had just put it all in a bag to get it out of the house with when they walked through the door. He looked better, clean and shaven, more like the David we know. I put his breakfast in front of him and poured him a coffee and let him eat in peace because he was going to have enough problems when he was finished, I really wasn’t looking forward to telling him about Jodie. After he had finished we went through to the lounge where we had sat not so many months ago when I had told him all about Cancer and how it affected the body.

I stared at Seb, then said to David “Babe, the reason you can’t find Jodie is because she, um, she died nearly two weeks ago of Cancer. I’m so sorry, she passed away the morning after you got married.” David stared at me then at Seb and shook his head. “No, no she can’t be, she was here just the other day, she can’t be dead. You’re lying.” he said. Then he started to scream really loudly calling out for her, tears running down his face. I couldn’t cope seeing him like this. Seb grabbed hold of him and managed to quieten him down then he hugged him tightly and started telling him all about what had happened. He didn’t remember any of it, he had to remind him of every little detail.

I went and got some photo’s from Urs and Else's wedding and showed him them and then some photo’s of their wedding. That’s when he realised that she was really gone and he started to cry again. Seb eventually put him up to bed to sleep. When he came back down he hugged me tight and said “He’s going to need something to keep his mind occupied. If he sits around all day just thinking about her, he’s not going to get any better.” “What do you suggest babes?” I asked him. “Maybe I should give Simon a ring, see if there’s any way we can go back to work, it’ll be hard on him, but it will give him something to get up for in the mornings and it will keep his mind from thinking non-stop about Jodie, it’s worth a try anyway. It probably won’t work, it’s still too soon.” he said.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:42 pm

*David*

I wake up. My head pounding, my body unresponsive.
I can’t seem to remember much at the moment.
I stagger out of bed, go to the loo, and go downstairs. The place is a tip. Where was Claudita, I still couldn’t think about Jodie. It hurt to much.
There was a half drunk bottle of wine on the kitchen side, so I picked it up and took it back to bed with me. This was all the company I needed at the moment.
I crawled back into bed and took a swig from the bottle.
I felt it’s healing quality spread through me. Before long the pain had gone and I was unconscious again. Ignorant to my actions of last night.
I have a vague recollection of waking over the next days. Going down and searching for any type of alcohol. The place was stinking by then, or rather I was stinking the place out. I drank anything I could find. It numbed the pain, eventually I didn’t even bother with bed, I simply took all I could find and collapsed on the sofa. I smiled, my new friends would help me, I thought as I patted a large bottle of lager.
Next thing I know, I’m waking up in a strange room. And Jodie is nowhere to be seen.
I struggle outta bed, the smell hitting me, what is it that stinks so?
I walk slowly downstairs, my legs wobbly as I go. I begin to recognise this place. It’s Seb and Claudita's.
I find them sitting at the kitchen table. They look sad.
‘Can’t find Jodie anywhere?’ I mumbled, sitting down heavily in a chair.
Claudita and Seb looked at each other, then Seb stood up and knelt down in front of me, “Dave mate, it’s Seb and Claudita is here too. You’re in our house. What’s the last thing you remember happening?” I look at him, seeing Claudita in the back ground. What a daft question, what was the last thing I remember, “Jodie and I getting married, then she just disappeared. I can’t find her anywhere. Do you know where she is?” I tell him. Claudita gets up and leaves the room. She looks so sad, but then everyone had been sad, it was a sad situation. I would soon lose my love, and I was so scared. I had only known her a short time and I couldn’t bear the thought of living without her.
Seb follows her, then turns back to me, “I’ll be back in a minute mate, alright?”

I sit there waiting. I hope they were Ok, it was good to see them back together again, they were a great couple, so suited to each other.
He came back and suggested I shower, I looked at myself and realised the smell was me.
I stood up and followed him, I must admit I felt better after the shower. Cleaner, tidier. I had a clean change of clothes here, so I slipped them on. Then I went down.
I could smell breakfast, definitely bacon was being fried. Suddenly I realised how hungry I was.
We sat and ate, I was starving I realised as I shovelled the food into my mouth. Seb and Claudita were very quiet, what was going on here?
After we had eaten we went through to the lounge. This room held a lot of sad memories for us all. Claudita looked at me, her eyes sparkling with unshed tears.
“Babe, the reason you can’t find Jodie is because she, um, she died nearly two weeks ago of Cancer. I’m so sorry, she passed away the morning after you got married.” I looked at her, she had to be joking, she couldn‘t be dead, we had only just got married. I looked at Seb, he just shook his head slowly. “No, no she can’t be, she was here just the other day, she can’t be dead. You’re lying.” I say, feeling the tears start to fall. I look at Claudita, her green eyes so sad, the tears running down her face.
‘No she’s here, somewhere.’ I tell them, then I start calling for her, ‘Jodie, Jodie. Where are you?’ I call, panic rising in my throat. She had to be here, she must be here.
Seb stood up and told me what happened, she had died the day after our wedding, I had found her in our bed. I was stunned, I didn’t remember any of it.

I sat there, my head not with it. Seb puts some photo’s in my hand. He’s got them from somewhere, I look through them.
It’s Urs and Else's wedding.
As I look I realise that everything they tell me was true, she was really gone.
I sat there as my world crashed around my ears again.
How am I meant to live without her…
I realise then that I don’t want too.
I’m numb, lonely and upset…
I can’t live without my Jodie..
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:43 pm

Seb got off the phone and turned to Claudita, “Right, Simon say’s we can go into the studio in a couple of days, he’s managed to get it booked for a week. But I’ve to tell David that he had no choice other to take it now because if he didn’t then it would be months before he could get it again.” he said. “Do you want to tell him or shall I” Claudita asked him. “It might be better if you do it hun, I’ll phone Carlos and Urs. They’ll understand that we have to get his mind of everything and won’t mind coming back to work.” said Seb. Then he kissed her on the cheek and picked up the phone again while she walked upstairs to go see David.

He was sitting up in the bed awake when she knocked and walked in. He looked up and immediately looked away again when he realised it was Claudita. “Hey, it’s alright David, you’re going to get through this and Seb and I and everyone else is here to help you get through it.” she says touching his shoulder. He pulled away and can’t look at her, “David, what’s wrong? It’s just me Claudita.” she asked. “I’m sorry, I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean it, I really thought you were Jodie. You know I would never hurt you, you and Seb have been so good to me, you didn’t deserve that.” Claudita looked at him strangely until it clicked. He’d remembered that he’d tried to attack her and now couldn’t face her.

She took his face in her hands and made him look at her. “ Babe, I forgive you, I know that you were upset and that you wouldn’t have done that intentionally. You have been such a big part of my life for so long and when you asked me to help you look after Jodie I felt so privileged that you wanted me there to help you right til the end. And afterwards when Seb and I were fighting, you let me stay with you and when that thing happened it actually sent me back to Seb and we made up, so don’t worry about it, I forgive you.” She said before kissing him on his forehead. “Now, I have news for you, Simon's been on the phone and said he knows it’s bad timing, but he’s managed to get a studio booked for you all to go in and record some more of the new album. But it’s in a couple of days. And if you don’t take this time, he can’t get another time for months.

David shakes his head “It’s too soon, I can’t just go into a studio and sing when I feel like this, I’m sorry but I can’t do it.” he said. Claudita stared into his eyes and said “Yes you can do it, do it for Jodie, she loved to hear you sing and she wouldn’t want you to be like this, you remember what she told us all, not to mourn or be sad and unhappy, we had to carry on with our lives as normal. Why don’t you try and write something that reminds you of Jodie, turn it into a song which could go onto the album, so there’s something permanent for you and all of us to remember her by, she would love that.” David smiled a little and said “Yeah, she would like that, and it may help me remember her all the more.” He hugged her tight and said “Thanks Claud for everything.”

She left him and went downstairs where Seb was watching a football match on the tv. “I think he’ll be alright babe” she said to him. “I managed to get him to agree to going into the studio, he’s going to try writing a song about Jodie that I said he could probably have put on the album, you know as a permanent reminder of her, I hope that’s okay?” “You are such a wonderful person, I don’t know what I would do without you. I think that will be fine, In fact it’s a great idea, something for him to put his energy into doing instead of just lying there thinking of her.” he replied cuddling her into his side as they watched the tele together.

*2 days later*

“How you doing? You ready for this?” Seb asked David. They were sitting in the kitchen having breakfast and Seb had actually seen a bit of improvement in David. He’d been eating regular, he was staying away from the drink, he was even able to talk about Jodie a wee bit, remembering all the good times. David looked up at him and said “As ready as I’ll ever be, I suppose we had to go back sometime and to keep putting it off wouldn’t have helped.” “What Claudita said the other night actually made sense you know, about how Jodie had loved to hear us sing and how she had told us not to mourn, not to be sad. Just to remember the happy days.” He looked up at Seb and said “I’d forgotten that, I was just thinking about what I’d lost, not what I’d had. I just hope she would have liked the song I wrote. It kinda explains how I feel inside and how I feel about her.” Seb smiled at him and said “I know she would have loved it.” Then he stood up and putting his dishes in the sink said “Come on, we have to go mate.”

They arrived at the studio just after Carlos and before Urs. Simon was waiting for them all and when David and Seb arrived he pulled David to one side and asked him how he was coping. He looked at him and said “A lot better Simon, Seb and Claudita have been so amazing through all this, they’ve never given up on me, even after what I did.” Simon looked at him strange and David said “Long story, and not one I think should be repeated.” “The other guys have been brilliant too, they’ve been on the phone all the time, coming round and the girls have been talking with Claudita.”

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Simon smiled and told him he was glad to hear that, then he shouted at the others to get into position because they had a lot of work to do. “Good old Simon.” say’s Urs. “He never changes.” Everyone laughed and got on with some work. They worked right up to lunchtime and everyone was really happy to see David looking better. “Ok, we’ll break for lunch, then I think that you guys can have a break while David records the song he wrote for Jodie.” say’s Simon. Everyone agreed, so they all went out for lunch and came back an hour and a half later.

“Ok, I wrote this song for Jodie, it’s kind of the way I feel about her, but I don’t want to sing it alone, I’ll need you guys for the harmonies and stuff.” said David giving them a copy of the words with the bits he wanted them to do highlighted. Then they went into the studio and David started singing.

I may not need to sail the ocean
I’ve got no time to climb a mountain high
But there’ll be no time I won’t need you by my side
You can depend on my love forever
You can be sure baby, sure baby

I’ll never not want you
(Never not care)
Never not need to always be there
No I’ll never stop
Loving you the way that I do
No matter what you’ll do
I’ll never not want you sharing my life
Never not need to feel your touch at night
No there’s one thing I’ll never not do
I’ll never not need you
Never not need you baby

I don’t want no one else’s kisses
I’ll never hunger for another’s touch
No there’ll be no one else this heart will ever love
You can be sure I’m yours forever
Cause you are my world baby
World baby

I’ll never not want you
(Never not care)
No, I’ll never stop
No matter what you’ll do
I’ll never not need you
Never not need you baby

I don’t need the whole world at my feet
But I will always need you loving me
You’re just so much a part of me
I’ll stop breathing before I’ll ever stop
Needing you

I’ll never not want you
(Never not care)
No, I’ll never stop
No matter what you’ll do

I’ll never not need you
Never not need you baby

David stopped singing and looked at everyone. They were all silent and were staring at him. “What?” he asked. Simon came into the studio and hugged him saying “That was really beautiful David, Jodie would have loved it. I know it’s a really personal song, but would you mind if we performed it on TOTP? We have a performance coming up on their to promote the album. We could dedicate it to Jodie's memory.” He looked up at David who was struggling not to cry. “I don’t know Simon, I’m not sure I could sing it in front of other people, I was quite happy just for it to be put on the album.” he said. “Just think about it man, you don’t need to tell me today.” replied Simon.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:46 pm

*A Month Later*

IL Divo were waiting on stage to be introduced, they were on TOTP and were about to perform the song David had written for Jodie. The presenter appeared and said “And now I want you to give a warm welcome to a band we haven’t heard of yet, they’re here performing a song of their debut album. IL Divo.” David starts singing. At the end of the song the audience clap really loudly and the presenter walks onto the stage. “That song is absolutely beautiful guys, I was almost in tears listening to you sing it. Who wrote it?” she asked. “I wrote it” said David looking at her. “It’s about the woman I love and sadly no longer am able to have in my life, my wife Jodie. And all the proceeds of the song are going to be donated to the charity I’ve set up in her name, to help out other people with Cancer.” He looked down then. “Well, I think that’s a lovely idea, don’t you everyone? Thank you very much for coming onto the show boys.”

*The following week*

The guys and Simon are listening to the chart countdown, the album had gone on sale that week and in the midweek charts had been at no1. Suddenly they were at the top of the charts and they listened silently praying then it was announced. The new number one album is.. IL Divo by IL Divo. They had made it to number 1. David looked around him at everyone gathered there and thanked them all silently for pulling him back from the edge and making sure he would be okay again.

*A Year Later*

A year had passed since that moment and life had gone back to whatever you could call normal when you’re a part of one of Britain’s biggest groups. The guys got on with their life, Claudita and Seb had got married and honeymooned in Mauritius. Jenny and Carlos were engaged, but not actually married yet. David was still single, said he’d never meet anyone like Jodie again and didn’t even want to try looking. You could tell he still missed her terribly. He visited the club every now and then to see Sez and to remember Jodie, the club had meant so much to her, he remembered how her face had lit up the night they’d met when she talked about it.

He was there tonight talking to Sez, who’d taken over Jodie’s job as Manager and had brought in a replacement Assistant Manager. They hadn’t wanted a totally new manager, this way Sez could keep things running the way Jodie had. David stood up and said goodbye to Sez, kissed her on the cheek and walked out of the club into the night. He was walking along the pavement thinking about how much his life had changed in the last year when he bumped into this person knocking them to the ground. “Oh, I’m so sorry.” he said. Looking down he realised it was a young lady he’d knocked over. He offered out his hand to help her up and when she drew level with him he looked into her eyes and nearly fainted. They were exactly the same as Jodie’s. Right down to the little bit of green in the left eye. “I’m David.” he said.

The End
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

A Chance Meeting
Page 1 of 1