Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info

Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Come Join IL Divo on their 1st Cruise. Nov 30-Dec 4, 2017

EXCLUSIVE 6-NIGHT THEATER ENGAGEMENT SEPTEMBER, 20, 22, 23, 27, 29, 30 "THE VENETIAN" Las Vegas

Share | 

Today Singapore January 9, 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Urs's Uberbabe

PostSubject: Today Singapore January 9, 2009   Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:55 pm

SINGAPORE - They look good, dress good, sound good and, we’re guessing, probably smell good, too.

What’s there not to like about Il Divo?

The four guys who make up the vocal group — Urs Buhler, Carlos Marin, Sebastien Izambard and David Miller — may have started out seeming to be nothing more than pre-fab pretty boy singers cobbled together to sing classical-styled music by American Idol judge Simon Cowell, but five years down the road, Il Divo have proven their worth.

From 2004 to 2007, they scored four chart-topping albums, performed at high-profile events like the 2006 Fifa World Cup, and entered the Guinness Book of World Records for being the Most Multinational UK No 1 Album Group. In 2007, the group took a one-year break to recharge (they’d been touring for three years straight), but returned last year with The Promise, their latest album which, yes, hit No 1.

Said Miller: “We tried to encapsulate the reason why we took a one-year break, which was to have a time and distance to realise what we had done, to be able to come back fresh ... We are more of a group now, rather than four solo artists who are functioning together.

“This new album, I think we can agree, will be the best thing we’ve ever done. It’s a very solid album.”

Female fans in Singapore can’t wait to have you back here. Do you have any memories of your last visit?

Urs: Singapore seemed very cosmopolitan and somehow quite Western. It didn’t feel as exotic to me as other Asian cities. I felt like I could get around in Singapore. In Tokyo, I don’t dare to leave my hotel room because I don’t understand a word of Japanese and can’t even tell the taxi driver to drive me back!

What’s the most challenging song to sing on The Promise?

Sebastien: Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah was probably the most challenging one for me because it was one of the songs that was very close to me. I felt it was so difficult, especially when amazing singers like Jeff Buckley have sung it. It’s a big challenge but I think we’ve managed to keep it quite intimate by showing the side of Il Divo that we haven’t shown before.

Urs: I think Amazing Grace was quite difficult, as well. Funnily enough, I thought, ‘Oh, this song is a no-brainer, it’s going to be an easy melody.’ However, we ended up rerecording and rearranging it, like, five or six times until we finally had the version we have on this album now.

How would you describe each other’s personalities?

Urs, Sebastien & Carlos: Dave is the joker!

David: I am the silly one.

Urs: Carlos is the Latin lover-type, Sebastien is really sensitive, and I’m very logical.

David: Urs has a photographic memory.

Sebastien: You tell him your name and after three years he’d still remember!

David: Urs is the brain, Sebastien is the heart, Carlos is the body, and I’m the soul.

Urs: That is something that the world didn’t know about!

Carlos: We told you he’s the smart one!

And who’s the most fashionable one?

Urs and Carlos: Sebastien is!

Sebastien: I think we are all fashionable in our own way. We like very different things, but when we look at the four of us, we all have a style.

Urs: My style is very unfashionable!

David: That’s true, he’s really unfashionable.

Carlos: He’s very rock ‘*’ roll.

Urs: Yeah, but it’s very unfashionable.

Fara
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Today Singapore January 9, 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1