Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
New World Tour Dates W/ Steven LaBrie Guest Singer
Latin Countries around the World till Oct 2022
The Guys Are On A Month Break. They Start Back On June 25, 2022 In Valencia, Spain
Saturday December 3rd UK Christmas Concerts Began. Ending December 16th In London, UK.
New USA Dates in AUG_SEPT, 2022 Look for Updates

~*~Divo By Design~*~

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat
Humor : I found it and as always the joke is on me!!

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Chapter 43 (Part 2)

Carlos & Sabrina

They had stayed in a hotel the night of the wedding, planning for his surprise. He had wanted to propose but he began to have doubts about the timing. So much was going on with David's wedding yesterday. Lisa and Seb had only been married about a week; before that the mess in L.A., Isabella's death and finding out Urs had a child, an abused one at that. “Sabrina's mind is on other things… important things…and so it should be…he reminded himself. Carlos decided they really needed to stay close by for their families and friends. He vowed he would make this up to her. They just needed to let things settle for now and support the others. Then it would be their time and he would do everything in his power to keep showing her how much he loved her everyday.

For the next two nights he would give her Romance like no other. They didn't have to leave New York to have that. He called down to the front desk and got some information, then made plans for Sabrina to have a massage and a complete beauty treatment - hair, nails and a pedicure. He knew his taste in clothing and what he loved to see on her, so he called the boutique to request dress samples. He pondered carefully, weighing each one in his mind as he paced. Once he chose his favorites with shoes included, he made an appointment with the jewelry manager from Tiffany's. The manager, knowing who he was, stopped in with several pieces for Carlos to choose from. Again, Carlos took his time, carefully handling each piece, asking questions now and then before choosing. Having made all of these purchases, he ordered flowers and a simple meal for dinner, including strawberries dipped in chocolate, Champagne, shrimp cocktails and the Broiled Seafood Platter for Two. Dessert was Baked Alaska.

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 2008123019153914

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Pink2020Silver20Diamente20Necklace20and20Earrings20Set

He had no plans on seeing the others until it was time to leave for the airport. In the mean time, he and Sabrina would celebrate their love in their own private world. This was to be their nights of moonlit passion .He knew that when they had the chance to get away, Sabrina would be in a better position to except his marriage proposal. He headed off to take a shower then dress for his night of romancing Sabrina, his dark haired, emerald-eyed love.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:21 am

Chapter 44

Sandie took one last look around the apartment in New York City as a deep breath escaped her lips. She thought about her visit to the bloody scene, that had happened in London months ago. And how it would continue to haunt her even in the penthouse, dispite the happy memories with Urs and David and Lenhi's wedding. Her decision was the best one not only for her, but Urs and Adriana. “I need to move forward…there is too much at stake here… tomorrow is supposed to be a happy day and I can’t get past the tears and sorrow. “She said aloud, listening to the hollow echo return to her. Looking down at her mp3 player, she pushed the play button again. Outside, the rain began, mimicking the percussion of the song she had played a dozen times already today. A silent tear slid down her cheek as she shuddered. As the chorus continued, Sandie let her hand slide up and down the smooth cool window, absently watching the traffic speed by below as the sun struggled to peek out among the darkening clouds. The honking taxi startled her, bringing her back to reality. She turned off the mp3, pulled the ear buds out and tucked them in her purse. Pulling the keys from her pocket, she made her way to the door, opened it and stepped into the hallway. The solid click of the door closing seemed to tell her she was on her way. She slid the key in, locking the door, and tucked the keys back into her pocket.
She had handed the keys back to the superintendent of the building, thanking him for letting her see the apartment one last time. He nodded, trying to read her face, knowing what had happened to her months before. Sandie’s eyes seemed to tell him a dark sadness still lingered, but there was something else hiding there as well. He walked her to the front door without saying any more, standing there as she stepped into the taxi and sped off.

On the way to JFK Airport, Sandie’s cell rang. She checked the number before answering. “Hi Simon, how are you today? Great… is everything ready? Good… yes, my flight is on time so far. It’s raining, but not too hard. Ok… see you at Miami International in a few hours. Did you get the package? Great… thanks for doing this for me…us” Sandie sighed again as she hung up the phone. “One step at a time, Sandie…one step…” Paying the driver, she tugged her overnight bag onto her shoulder and stepped out of the cab. The trip through the airport was uneventful, but reminded her of the time she first met Urs on the way back to the city. It seemed like a lifetime ago at times; other times, as if it were yesterday. Sandie greeted her pilot and took a seat, buckling her seatbelt. She reached for her mp3 player, but changed her mind, pulling a folder out of her overnight bag instead. She read over the contents and smiled to herself. Looking up, she realized the plane was approaching the runway at Miami. She tucked the folder back into the bag and sighed as she tugged off her jacket and stuffed it on top of the folder.
Thirty minutes later, she walked toward the terminal. Spotting Simon, she waved quickly as he opened his arms. Sandie wasn’t used to Simon being the hugging type, but welcomed his embrace, wishing it were Urs instead.
“I have all the gear ready. You said a shallow dive right? I only rented one Snuba tank.” Simon whispered softly, looking at her calmly as they made their way through the terminal to the parking lot.
“Yes, just one shallow dive. I don’t want to chance anything too deep the day before the wedding. I can’t be saying ‘I do’ from a hyperbaric chamber or something” Sandie replied, giggling lightly. The giggle startled her at first, but it felt good to laugh. “You know the place, right? You have the package too?”
“Yes, I have everything you asked for. Are you sure this is what you want to do? Is this the right thing? Did you talk to Urs about this? I know it’s none of my business…everyone grieves in their own way… but…”
“Yes, Simon. He knows and understands I need to do this. Not just for me, but for us. I can’t and won’t let this stand in the way. We have so much to look forward to…I can’t carry this inside me any more. I need to let go of this part of my past…once and for all.” Sandie bit her lower lip briefly. “I don’t know of another or better way, Simon…I just don’t.”
Simon smiled, pointing toward the waiting SUV. “The Divo-mobile awaits then.” He chuckled softly. “After you…” he opened the door for her. Sandie slid in, tossing her bag in the back. Simon slid in beside her and closed the door. They chatted about other things as they made their way to the pier.
The driver parked near the docks and waited patiently. Simon and Sandie thanked him politely, as Simon gave him the schedule for the others coming later in the day. The driver nodded, attaching the list to his clipboard. Outside, Sandie scanned the water’s surface, hoping to see a dolphin emerge from the water’s surface in the distance as she put on her sunglasses. “It would be a good sign…”she whispered to herself, as doubts started to nibble at the corners of her mind. No dolphin appeared as they made their way to the small boat docked at the end of the pier. Sandie frowned briefly as she boarded the boat. The sight of Simon’s yacht in the distance made her smile as Simon started the engine.
“All set if you are. Your gear is in the cabin… might as well start changing now. It won’t take long to get there…unless you’ve changed your mind.” Simon was confused by the look he saw on her face.
“I’m ready, Simon.” She smiled briefly at him. “Just need a moment to get my sea legs...”as she took a step forward toward the cabin.
Simon steered the boat out of the slip and into the channel. The water was calm and there was a light breeze. The warm sun felt good to both of them. Sandie waited by the side of the boat while they cleared the channel before ducking into the cabin. Quickly, she pulled off her clothes and put the wetsuit on, reaching for the fins and mask as she felt the boat slow. Stepping outside the cabin, she watched Simon drop the anchor. He had already set out the Snuba tank and was uncoiling the lines as Sandie made her way to the back of the boat. She saw the package by the tanks, still wrapped in the plain brown paper she had used to send it.
Kneeling down, she set down her gear to open the package carefully. Simon watched her quietly as he continued to get the lines in place and lower the platform at the back of the boat. The plain wooden box had no markings on it other than the tiny brass latch. Carefully, she opened the latch and let her eyes rest on the contents inside. Her hand touched the cold steel blade of the knife first, then the smooth handle. The sun should have warmed the blade and created a glare, but it didn’t. Next, Sandie picked up the note she had written and read it once again. Looking up, she saw a concerned look on Simon’s face. Behind him and to the right, a dolphin broke the surface, landing with a big splash. Sandie sighed. “…finally…” she whispered to herself. “I’m ready when you are. Will I be able to hear the song through the headset?”
“Yes, we will both hear it, Sandie. Anyone that comes near will hear it.” He held out his hand to her. Sandie took his hand warmly, holding the box in the other hand. Simon kissed her cheek before saying, “It’s time… I’m not Urs, but he wanted me to kiss you for him… it’s his kiss, not mine.” Simon blushed lightly. Simon reached for the box so Sandie could step onto the platform. She sat on the edge and put on the fins, slid down the diving mask, and attached the mouthpiece, checking to make sure it worked and there was no water in the line. She turned slowly and took the box from Simon, carefully closing the lid with a final pat before giving him the thumbs up. Simon stepped back and pushed the button on the stereo.
The song, Sting’s, Fragile she had listened to earlier in the day began to play in Sandie’s headset as well as through the boat’s stereo system.

"Fragile"

If blood will flow when flesh and steel are one
Drying in the color of the evening sun
Tomorrow's rain will wash the stains away
But something in our minds will always stay
Perhaps this final act was meant
To clinch a lifetime's argument
That nothing comes from violence and nothing ever could
For all those born beneath an angry star
Lest we forget how fragile we are

On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are how fragile we are

On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say

This time, Sandie didn’t let the tears fall as she dove into the calm water. Taking a moment to find her bearings, she looked around at the peaceful underwater world that enveloped her. She quickly found the Christ of the Abyss statue and made her way toward it. She loved the area where this statue was, having visited several times before. Taking a moment to look at the statue first, she also scanned the coral just beyond. She didn’t want to disturb any of the eco-system, rather just bury her past. She found a place nearby and pulled out the trowel from her utility belt. Moments later, she patted the ocean floor surface gently, adding a conch shell to mark the shallow grave. The song ended, signaling for her the end of this part of her past life. With a deep breath, she glanced around again and swam toward the statue. Touching the statue’s hand lightly, she smiled. “Take good care of it for me. I know you will do what is best. It is in your hands now, not mine as you are stronger than I will ever be.” With that, she turned and pushed off, heading for the surface. Simon spotted her breaking the surface and waved. As Sandie swam toward the boat, Simon pulled on the surface tank lines. The tank safely setting on the platform, Simon held out his hand to her, helping her up onto the platform. She turned toward the statue, lurking below the surface and waved contently, blowing a kiss as Simon started the boat’s engine. As she stepped into the boat, she took one last glance in time to see a dolphin breech the ocean’s surface in a gentle arc and return to the calm, inviting depths.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:08 am

Chapter 45
Keeper Of The Stars

The sun was starting to make its slow decent as Simon nosed the boat back into the slip at the pier. Sandie had already changed out of the diving gear and into a light cotton sundress and sandals. She hadn’t really been paying attention to where they were until the engine stopped. The quiet hum had comforted her as she changed clothes, remembering the dolphin’s appearance earlier. She took a few minutes to stow away the diving gear, still deep in thought. As she stepped out of the cabin and made her way up the few stairs, she glanced toward the pier, hoping to see Urs and Adriana waiting patiently. The pier was empty other than a few sea gulls waiting for scraps from the returning tourist fishermen. She tried to ebb the disappointment that nibbled at the corners of her mind. “Urs is always on time… I wonder what…” as a tiny hand slid into hers. She glanced down toward the hand and smiled, seeing a timid, but smiling Adriana looking up to her. “Hello Adriana… how… when… It is so good to see you again. How are you? Did you enjoy your trip here?” She knelt down and hugged her warmly, kissing her cheeks lightly. The tiny arms wrapping around her neck felt warm. Sandie couldn’t help but wish they were Urs’ too. As she picked up Adriana, she glanced around, seeing Cheryl quietly talking to Simon. Urs was nowhere in sight. The smile on Adriana’s face as she moved her eyes to look behind her was a clear signal for Sandie. Leaning against the rail stood Urs, beaming brightly, his arms open to her.

Adriana wiggled, pointing to the deck floor. Sandie bent down to let Adriana scamper to her father. Urs scooped her up in his arms and hugged her. His eyes, beaming warmly, returned Sandie’s gaze. Again, Adriana wiggled and Urs set her down, holding out his hand to Sandie as he stood. It only took a few seconds for Sandie to feel his arms wrap snugly around her waist and his gentle kiss against her cheek. Thought it had only been a few days, it seemed like a month since she had felt his embrace, as she let her hands slowly roam across his chest and back, marveling once again at his fine physique beneath her hands as his lips met hers.

“How was your flight? Did Adriana like flying this time? I hope it didn’t bother her ears again.” Sandie whispered softly, looking deep into his eyes, wishing they would have some time alone so she could show him how much she missed him.

“She was fine, no problems. I think she likes it now and it was a much shorter flight. She still doesn’t understand that birds don’t fly as high as planes, but we’ll work on that.” Urs blushed, smiling as he pushed Sandie’s hair behind her shoulder, letting his hand slide slowly down her back. “Now, I think I need a family hug.” He bent down and lifted Adriana, feeling her legs wrap around his waist snuggly. “The two most important people in my life… are here in my arms right now.” Sandie felt Adriana’s arm slide against her neck and pull her close. Sandie kissed her cheek as her arm slid around Adriana, resting against Urs’ ribs lightly.

“Now that is a Kodak moment if I ever saw one.” Cheryl said warmly. “I hope one of many, but… I want to capture this one for the scrapbook, if you don’t mind.” She lifted the camera and pointed it at the small family a few feet away. Sandie stood to one side, so Urs would be between them. Adriana was still perched on his hip.

Urs smiled warmly, nodding his head. Cheryl took the picture and lowered the camera, checking the viewing screen. “Simon, I think we need a family photo, if you aren’t busy.”

Cheryll’s face changed from smile to confusion as she looked at Urs.

“Cheryl, you are family too.”Sandie said, smiling, holding out her hand. “Please…”

Cheryl blushed lightly. Simon gently took the camera from her hands and motioned toward the group. “Ok, I’m not great at this, but I’ll give it a shot. Which button?” Cheryl pointed and stepped toward Adrianna, Urs and Sandie, fussing with her hair.

“Does my hair look ok? I’m not dressed for this… Oh dear… I’m… “

Sandie hugged her warmly. “You look great. I can’t wait to have this printed and framed.” Simon took the picture and Cheryl walked toward him eagerly.

“Oh dear… my hair is such a mess… You three take such a great picture… are you sure you want this one?” Cheryl stammered, nervously, looking at the screen on the camera. Sandie walked up beside her, looking as well.

“Yes… and your hair is not a mess. You take a great picture.” Both looked toward Urs, still holding Adriana. They had turned to watch the sun starting to set. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”Cheryl nodded, raising the camera again. Quickly, she snapped the picture as Adriana was clapping her hands as Urs pointed toward the ocean beyond. They both looked at the screen and smiled.

“Ok, not to break up this family moment, but the others are waiting on the yacht. I’m starved, so why don’t we head that way?” Simon said matter-of-factly.

Urs nodded, walking toward them. Adriana looked toward Simon as Cheryl signed that they were going back to the big boat. Adriana beamed, clapping her hands together. Simon held out his hands to Adriana and smiled. She looked toward Cheryl, then Urs and Sandie tentatively. Urs nodded and Adriana leaned toward Simon. Sandie looked confused.

“Adriana has become quite the captain of the sea. She loves to try to drive the boat.” Urs laughed lightly as Simon took Adriana into his arms.

“I’m going to keep an eye on her…you two will have some time to talk.” Cheryl mumbled, following Simon.
Sandie smiled, watching the threesome start the engine of the boat. Simon smiled, holding out the small Captain’s hat for Adriana. She giggled and plopped it on her head, looking toward them. Urs laughed, nodding his head, as he wrapped his arms around Sandie. “Now that we are alone… well sort of alone… I just wanted to say, I love you, Liebe… I missed you. “He kissed her deeply as his arms tightened around her waist. “I can’t wait until tonight… tomorrow…”

Sandie melted in his arms, savoring his touch as much as his words. “I love you too my dimpled darling… and missed you more than I can say.” She returned his kiss, moving her hands around his neck and shoulders. “Tonight… tonight… won’t be just any night…” she whispered softly as the boat slowed near the yacht.
Soon, the five were aboard the yacht. Sandie greeted everyone warmly. Adriana refused to take the captain’s cap off despite Cheryl’s insistence. Simon laughed, taking her small hand in his. “A captain never relinquishes the ship or the hat…” The group laughed lightly.

“Well, I’m not sure how she is going to sleep with it on, but oh well.” Cheryl giggled. “We’ll figure out something. In the mean time, I think she is ready for a nap…so am I.”

Urs kissed Sandie’s cheek lightly, “Duty calls… would you like to join us?” he whispered, lightly resting his cheek to hers.

“I would love to, but I think I will stay here for now. There are a few things I need to discuss with Sabrina before everyone gets into the party spirit. She walked over to Adriana and kissed her cheek, letting her hand rest lightly under her chin. “Have a nice nap, daddy’s pretty princess. I’ll be there when you wake up…promise.” Sandie crossed her heart with her finger, raised it to her lips and touched Adriana’s nose. Adriana smiled, crossed her heart, raising her little finger to her lips and touching Sandie’s nose before holding out her arms for a hug. Sandie hugged her warmly before Cheryl took her downstairs to their cabin below deck; Urs a few steps behind.

As soon as he was out of sight, Sabrina looked at Sandie, a worried look on her face. “What’s wrong?” she whispered. “Did something happen? You need a doctor… gosh you look so pale.”

“I’m fine, Sabrina. I’m just tired, but there is still so much to do. Did you…is the… are… we’re all set after the ceremony, right? He will be here… Please tell me he will be?” Sandie stammered.

“Yes, he will be here. He also said you will owe him big time…a one of a kind for Norma for their next event. He already emailed me the stats… I’m already working on the preliminary drawings. Take a deep breath Sandie, this isn’t the first time you’ve married Urs.”

Sandie smiled, chuckling softly. “I know, but this needs to be perfect. Timing is everything…now, about…”
“Done and done… Plan is in action, it’s covered. Full moon, clear skies… menu…dress is already in your cabin… you must have an angel looking over your shoulder. Simon made the arrangements for all of us, including Adriana and Cheryl to be onshore. It will be just you, Urs and the crew. Make it an early night, because your gown and stuff will be at the hotel. We’ll change there, Urs’ is already aboard, so the guys will be with him while you get ready. “

Sandie sighed deeply. “Thanks Sabrina…I could not have done this without you.” She hugged her sister warmly. “I need something to drink.”

“Me too…” Arm in arm, they made their way to the rest of the group. Sandie hugged each of them warmly, spending a few moments with each couple. As she was finishing, she felt Urs arms wrap around her waist and his lips graze her cheek lightly.

“Did you miss me?” he whispered into her ear seductively, pressing his hips against her.

“Always…”Sandie replied, blushing lightly. She leaned back against him, enjoying his touch.

The group chatted easily among themselves. Urs stayed with Sandie, holding her hand, or wrapping his arm around her waist as they spoke. The look in his eyes told Sandie he had missed her as much as she had missed him. Granted, Adriana had been with him, so family was close, but to Urs, it was not the same.
An hour later, he whispered to Sandie. “Adriana should be waking up soon. You promised her… as did I.” Sandie nodded and they made their way down to where Adriana was sleeping. Cheryl had nodded off in the cot beside her, but awoke when she heard the door open. She smiled at Sandie and Urs as they crept in. As they sat down on the edge of the cot, Adriana opened her eyes slowly, holding out her arms, closing them again as she yawned. Urs gently picked her up and cradled her close, kissing her forehead. She opened her eyes again, snuggling closer to him, tucking her head against his neck. Sandie waited patiently, letting Adriana wake up in her father’s arms. Cheryl busied herself in the bathroom, so the tiny family could be alone. She crept out and returned to the deck to chat with the others. A few minutes later, Urs, Adriana and Sandie appeared. Simon smiled warmly, watching Adriana rub her eyes and yawn.

“I see our Captain had a good rest. I think it is time we took a different kind of voyage. Captain Adriana, shall we?” he held out his hands to her. Adriana kissed her daddy’s cheek before leaning toward Simon, grinning ear to ear. Adriana touched the hat still perched on her head and waved to the group. Sandie and Urs hugged each of the couples as they boarded the boat.

As Simon stood on the smaller boat, Adriana still in his arms, each of the guys politely saluted and said, “Permission to come aboard Captain Adriana?” Adriana giggled with glee and nodded to each one. A few minutes later, the boat Sandie had used earlier, headed toward shore.
Sandie and Urs watched the boat disappear before heading down to their cabin below deck. They held each other close, watching the sun set in a blaze of reds and pinks. Urs lips met hers warmly, in a deep kiss. “Now, I don’t think I want dinner, just yet…I’m hungry for something else…” Urs whispered, pressing his lips to hers again.

Sandie returned his kiss, letting her hands slide from his slim waist to his shoulders, pulling him closer, feeling the bulge grow against her stomach. “I am hungry for the same thing…“she whispered, looking deep into his eyes. “I don’t think the yacht has a bathtub, but I think we can make do with a shower.” Her hands slid down his back, finding the hem of Urs’ shirt. Gently, she slid his shirt off and let it drop to the floor. She took a moment to let her eyes feast on his muscular chest and arms as he took off his pants. His hands felt warm and inviting against her thighs, as he slid her panties off. Sandie stepped out of them quickly, kicking them toward the other clothes on the floor. Her sundress soon followed. Urs picked her up in his arms and carried her to the bed. They made love eagerly, exploring the other as if for the first time. As their breathing slowed, Sandie rested her forehead against Urs neck, slowly rubbing his chest.

A knock on the cabin door, followed by a timid voice, “Dinner will be ready in 40 minutes.” broke the silence.
Urs looked at his watch and sighed. “Do we have time for a shower?”

“Yes, but it is a shower only.” Sandie giggled. She got up and walked toward the bathroom. “Ummm looks like one at a time too. There is no way both of us can be in there at the same time. Mind if I go first?” Urs shook his head, smiling. Sandie stepped in the shower and washed up quickly. She wanted time to be sure everything was set, while Urs was getting his shower. She stepped out, grabbing a towel and looked toward the bed. It was empty. She scanned the room quickly. As she finished, Urs appeared in the doorway, towel wrapped snuggly around his waist.

“I used the shower in the crew’s quarters to save time. I don’t want to waste a minute of our time together.”
A few minutes later, both were dressed for a quiet dinner. Sandie wore a cream gown, Urs a grey suit, white shirt and no tie. He wanted to wear one, but Sandie refused, taunting him, “That is one more thing to come off later.” They walked to the back of the yacht to the table set for their intimate meal. They both took a moment to glance at the full moon rising in the distance. Sandie hoped the stars would begin to shine soon. Urs pulled out the chair for Sandie, before taking his seat. As he did, the steward lit the candles and poured the champagne. They ate their meal with little conversation, beyond looking into each other’s eyes. As they finished, Sandie excused herself for a moment, walking toward the steward and whispering to him. He smiled and nodded.

Sandie walked back to the table, hearing the engines start up. A moment later, Urs saw her and stood up, holding out his hand. Sandie took his hand and kissed it warmly as the boat shifted slightly, giving the couple a better view of the silvery full moon. “Urs, I was hoping we could have one dance in the moonlight…if you don’t mind. There is a song I have chosen and well… when you hear it, I think you will understand.”

Urs looked puzzled. “I… will… understand? Sandie...Liebe…what’s wrong?”

“Just listen… please…It is a special night for us… and…well, you’ll see.”

Sandie led Urs away from the table to stand in the moonlight. Urs could see her eyes glistening as much as her gown. He held her close, as Sandie rested her forehead against his neck. The song by Tracy Byrd Keeper of the Stars began:

Keeper of the Stars

It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew
Now I just can't believe you're in my life
Heaven's smilin' down on me
As I look at you tonight

I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin'
When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything
When I hold you in my arms
I've got all I'll ever need
Thanks to the keeper of the stars

Soft moonlight on your face oh how you shine
It takes my breath away
Just to look into your eyes
I know I don't deserve a treasure like you
There really are no words
To show my gratitude

So I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin'
When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything
When I hold you in my arms
I've got all I'll ever need
Thanks to the keeper of the stars

It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew

As they danced, Sandie gazed into Urs eyes. She couldn’t stop the tears as they flowed down her cheeks. As the song finished, Urs kissed her deeply. Gently, he kissed away her tears before picking her up in his arms. Sandie could feel his chest pounding as he walked the short distance to the stairs. Pausing, he turned around and returned to the place they had danced. He set her down lightly and looked around the yacht. The steward had cleared the table and disappeared from view.

Alone in the moonlight, he whispered to her. “Liebe, I love you so much.” As his hands slid to the back of her gown, unzipping the back and letting it fall to the floor. He kissed her neck, breasts and stomach as his hands slid off her panties. A moment later, his suit was off and in a heap on the deck floor. In the quiet, silvery moonlight, they made love again, slowly and passionately.

Catching their breath again, Sandie touched Urs face warmly. “Urs, I wanted to give you a unique wedding gift. I hope you don’t mind.”

Urs kissed her fingers. “You have Liebe… every day we are together, is the greatest gift I could imagine.”

“Thank you, my dimpled darling… but I meant something else. See that star beside the moon… the one just beginning to glisten?” Urs nodded, following her finger. “That is your star… named Urs and it is in Ursa Major. So, no matter where you are, no matter where I am, I know you are always close…if not in person, in the heavens.”

“Oh Liebe…Thanks… I love it… but not as much as I love you.” he kissed her deeply. A few minutes later, they made their way to the cabin below deck and drifted off to sleep.

Last edited by Starstruck on Tue May 22, 2012 3:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:06 am

THE WEDDING OF URS & SANDIE BUHLER!

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Laurawedding3
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:10 am

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Dxd

Chapter 46

Urs and Sandie’s Wedding
Sandie’s wristwatch alarm went off, shattering her dreams in the quiet darkness. Beside her, Urs snuggled closer, hugging her warmly as he mumbled, “Not yet… just a few more minutes…” before he softly kissed her neck.
“As much as I want to stay, I need time to get ready for our family’s special day.” She hugged him close and kissed his forehead before gently moving his arm around her. “You Swiss are supposed to be legendary for being on time… it wouldn’t be good if I was late, would it?” She tried to move away from him, but he reached for her again, pulling her close.
“Did I tell you that I love you yet today?” He whispered, opening his eyes so she could see he meant it.

“You just did. I love you too, Urs. Today will be more special than the first time we said ‘I Do’ at the courthouse… special for so many reasons. The best one is because Adrianna will be with us too. You do remember that part right? Are you sure she won’t be nervous…afraid? I so want her to be happy and know that she will be loved and cared for… and never alone any more.”

“Sandie, she knows you love her. She may be a child, but she understands we love her. I know this is important for you… and yes, I agree it will be a special day…. but… I… “He looked away from her a moment and sighed.
“You…what?” Sandie touched his cheek softly, gently moving his face so he would look at her.
“Nothing… I am being a sentimental fool.” Urs smiled, blushing.
“Sentimental…or umm in the mood…” Sandie asked, smiling at the sudden pressure against her thigh. “I can’t be late… so, sorry… you’ll have to put that away till later.” She wiggled away from him and jumped out of bed, giggling.
“Not fair…” he chased after her, both laughing. Sandie scampered around the furniture, dodging his every move. A distant noise distracted him a moment as he quieted to determine where it came from. As he did, Sandie grabbed her robe and put it on, tightening the cloth belt, before running up the stairs to the deck.
The silver full moon was beginning its slow descent. Sandie checked her watch as she jogged around the corner. She could hear footsteps behind her. She tried to quiet her breathing as she leaned against the wall, checking to make sure she had covered everything in case one of the crew spotted her. As the footsteps neared, Sandie grinned. “I’ll surprise him.” She turned around abruptly, crouched with her arms open, ready to grab Urs.

“Mrs. Buhler… there you are. The boat is ready on the port side whenever you are, to take you ashore. I would recommend wearing shoes of some kind though.” The captain said rather sheepishly. Sandie could feel her face turn red and hoped the darkness would not cover it. It didn’t help that Urs, in his dark blue boxers, had rounded the corner and was softly laughing, as though he had put the captain up to it.
“Oh, thanks… yes… just out for a breath of fresh air… nervous bride and all…” Sandie tugged nervously at the collar of her robe with one hand while the other reached for the belt. “I feel much better now. I’ll be ready in a few minutes.” She cleared her throat and stepped away from him.
A few minutes later, she was on the boat headed for the shoreline. Simon’s limo driver was waiting patiently. As he saw the boat entering the slip, he opened the limo door. Sandie ran up the platform, said a hasty hello as she passed David, Seb and Carlos, and slid into the limo. The driver closed the door and got in, pulling out into the darkness. It was a short drive to the hotel. Sandie opened the door as the limo came to a stop. Sabrina met her in the lobby, guiding her back the hallway. As Adrianna slept, the girls got ready. Checking her watch again, Sandie sighed. “We need to get going or we’ll miss it.”

Last edited by UrsLover on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:17 am

Simon carried the sleeping Adrianna as the others gathered at the limo. Soon they were back at the pier, carefully stepping into the small boat that would take them back to the yacht. David waited patiently on the yacht, helping the ladies come aboard. Once everyone was on the yacht, he introduced the minister to Sandie and Sabrina.
“Thank you for coming. I know we talked on the phone several times, but it wonderful to finally meet you.” Sandie extended her hand to him warmly. The group made their way to the back of the yacht. The captain gently moved the yacht into position as Urs appeared from below deck.
~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Urssuitforhiswedding

A moment later in the quiet darkness, the ceremony began. The prerecorded song, Hasti Mi Final, played as Sandie walked toward Urs, escorted by Sabrina. In the dim light, only the gentle glow if the few candles held by those attending, their gowns shimmered softly.

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Silksatinballgownsandieweddingdress
~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Sabrinasbridesmaiddressdxd
Urs looked at Sandie warmly as she made her way toward him, extending his hand to her. Sabrina gently placed Sandie’s hand in Urs and stepped to her right, opposite Carlos, but beside Lisa and Lenhi. David and Seb had already taken their places beside Carlos.
Minister: This is a day steeped in tradition, a time when we are surrounded by symbols: something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. Today, Sandie and Urs begin a new tradition, a custom which now becomes uniquely their own as they pledge their love a second time.
Urs: Sandie, I give you this rose. Because it grew from a tiny seed, becoming stronger and larger until it burst into flower, it symbolizes the way my love for you has grown. Each year on our wedding anniversary, I will give you another rose. In so doing, I'll remember this day and renew the vows we've made.

Sandie: Urs, I give to you this vase of water. Because water is the one element without which we would perish, it symbolizes the importance of your love in my life. Each year on our anniversary, I will refill this vase, offering it to you as a symbol of my ever renewing love. (Sandie puts the rose in the vase.)
Urs: Without water, the rose would die.
Sandie: Without the rose, the vase of water would not be beautiful.
Urs: My gift is enhanced by yours, just as my life is enhanced by ours.
Sandie: My gift is lovely because of yours, just as my life is better because of you.
Urs takes the vase with the rose in it and hands it to Carlos, standing nearest to him.
Minister: On each anniversary, as you give and receive the rose and the water, remember with joy this day when you pledged your love and your lives to each other. May this be only the first of many cherished traditions in a home filled with happiness, joy, but most of all, love. I would ask that where ever you make your home in the future - whether it be a large and elegant home - or a small and graceful one - that you both pick one very special location for roses; so that on each anniversary of this truly wonderful occasion you both may take a rose to that spot both as a recommitment to your marriage - and a recommitment that THIS will be a marriage based upon love.  In every marriage there are times where it is difficult to find the right words. 
It is easiest to hurt who we most love. It is easiest to be most hurt by who we most love. 
It might be difficult some time to say "I am sorry" or "I forgive you"; "I need you" or "I am hurting". If this should happen, if you simply can not find these words, leave a rose at that spot which both of you have selected - for that rose than says what matters most of all and should overpower all other things and all other words.  That rose says the words: "I still love you." 
The other should accept this rose for the words which can not be found, and remember the love and hope that you both share today.  Ladies and gentlemen, rather than the traditional vows, Urs and Sandie would like to share a special reading with you as they exchange their rings.
Urs: I love you, not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you. (Urs slides the ring onto Sandie’s finger)

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Sandie

Sandie: I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out; (she slides the ring onto Urs finger) for drawing out into the light all of the beautiful belongings that no one else had looked quite far enough to find.

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Ursdxd

Urs: I love you because you are helping me to make out of works of my every day not a reproach but a song. Because you have done more than any creed could have done to make me good, and more than any fate could have done to make me happy. You have done it…

Sandie: Without a touch…

Urs: Without a word…

Sandie: Without a sign…

Urs and Sandie (in unison): You have done it by being yourself.
As they finished the words, the sunrise behind them was aglow in pinks and yellows, matching the subtle hues of the bridal bouquets.
~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Sandiesbouquet

They both looked toward the sunset as the Minister said, “You may now kiss your wife.” Urs kissed Sandie deeply and tenderly. Adrianna awoke in time to see the gentle kiss. Simon let her stand on the deck, warmly holding her hand as she carefully slid her other hand into Cheryl’s.

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Dxd2

As soon as their lips parted, Sandie whispered to Urs. “She’s awake…shall we?” Urs nodded, reaching into his pocket.
The Minister, seeing the nod, continued. “As this wedding is a family event, our bride and groom want to make another vow. Adrianna Buhler, would you please come forward?”
Crystal led Adrianna, in her princess pink party dress, toward Urs and Sandie.
~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Pinkdressydress-1
Carefully, Sandie passed her bouquet to Sabrina before kneeling in front of Adrianna, taking her tiny hands in hers. As Sandie spoke, Crystal signed the words.
Sandie: Adrianna, I want you to know that I dearly love your father. We have become very good friends over the weeks and months and we have learned to love each other. As you have so graciously shared this wonderful man with me, so will I share the love I feel for him with you. Together, we will learn much more about each other and ourselves. I promise also to be fair and to be honest, to be available for you as I am for your dad, and in due time, to earn your love, respect and true friendship. I will not attempt to replace anyone, but to make a place in your heart that is for me alone. I will be mother and friend, and I will cherish my life with both of you. On this day when I marry your dad, I marry you, and I promise to love and support you as my own.
Urs knelt beside Sandie, taking Adrianna’s hands in his, rubbing them warmly.
Urs: Adrianna, I wish with all my heart you can forgive me for not being with you from the start. I wish I could erase those days for you and refill them with warm ones of a caring parent. I know that dream will not come true for us. So, instead, I promise you I will be there today, tomorrow and all of the tomorrows yet to come. I want to be your father, not just in name, but in heart and mind, in caring and sharing, good times and sad times, whatever life may put in our path. I want to learn from you and with you and you from and with me. May I do that and be that with you?
Adrianna nodded to him shyly. Sandie smiled, as Urs slid the tiny necklace around Adrianna’s neck and fastened it, lightly kissing her cheek. Adrianna looked down at the pendant with the small pearl held in place by two eternity rings and blushed.

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Adriana

Sandie and Urs stood up slowly, Urs gathering Adrianna in his arms. He shifted her to his side gently, reaching for Sandie’s hand with the other.
Minister: Ladies and gentlemen, as we see the dawn of a beautiful new day, I would like to present, Urs, Sandie and Adrianna Buhler. May this warm, glorious sunrise represent a new beginning for this family that never twilights into total darkness. There may be dark days ahead for them, as with any family, but let us hope there remains a silvery moon to guide them on their journey… hand in hand, wrapped in the glowing love shared this day, and every day.

Last edited by UrsLover on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:30 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:27 am

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Laurawedding4
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:13 pm

May not be Friday yet but lets see what happens with the Reception & Honeymoon shall we?? Smile

Once again our Writer is Sandie... B)

Chapter 47
The Reception:

Adriana carefully blew out the candles, clapping her hands as she moved from one to the other. As she did, Sandie excused herself briefly before walking toward the yacht’s steward. She asked her question briefly and quietly, glancing toward Urs. Receiving the answer she was looking for, she smiled, nodding. She joined the group again, smiling as Urs slid his arm around her waist. The steward appeared a moment later with glasses of champagne. Each of the adults took a glass of champagne. Adriana frowned slightly until the steward passed a glass of apple juice to her.
Carlos cleared his throat and raised his glass, keeping his arm around Sabrina’s waist. The group quieted as he began, “May you always need one another - not so much to fill your emptiness as to help you know your fullness. A mountain needs a valley to be complete; the valley does not make the mountain less, but more; and the valley is more a valley because it has a mountain towering over it. Let it be so with Sandie and Urs.”
“Well said…” David added as the glasses clinked together. He bent down and kissed Lenhi warmly, savoring her lips pressed against his.
Sabrina, holding out to her glass, “Take each day and cherish your time together. Love one another and stand together. Take time to talk to one another. Put your love and your family first; your job and your hobbies second. May your love be like the wind - strong enough to move the clouds, soft enough to never hurt, but always never ending… so here's to love, laughter, and happily ever after. Cheers!” The glasses clinked a second time. Seb hugged Lisa warmly, kissing her cheek lightly before whispering in her ear. Lisa blushed lightly and kissed him deeply.
Sabrina handed her glass to Carlos before hugging Sandie first, then Urs. As the others hugged Sandie and Urs, Simon talked with the yacht’s captain. A few hours later, the anchor was lifted, the engines on the yacht hummed to a start and the yacht headed toward the shoreline. The wedding party chatted easily as the boat docked and the small crew prepared for them to go ashore. The white limo was parked at the end of pier, patiently waiting for Sandie and Urs to be seated comfortably before closing the door. The larger black limo parked behind it would transport the rest of the group to Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort. Both limos pulled up the long driveway and stopped in front of the large, elegant white building. When Sandie and Urs looked at the building’s classic, elegant, yet simple appearance against the distant ocean waves, they both smiled, thinking the same thing.

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 WeddingReceptionDXDsandie

The group lazily walked through the main lobby and turned down the hallway to the reception hall. The staff had decorated the room simply, as requested by Sandie and Urs. Some of their friends had already gathered awaiting the happy couple. Carlos turned to Urs and said, “I don’t understand this American tradition, but… oh well.” He and Sabrina waited for David, Lenhi, Lisa and Seb to enter the hall first. Simon slipped in a side door with Cheryl and Adriana. He ushered them to a table before reaching for the microphone.
“Ladies and gentlemen, the happy couple is here. Please welcome Sandie and Urs Buhler.” All eyes looked toward the door as David and Lenhi entered. Lisa and Seb entered next and stood next to them, followed by Sabrina and Carlos. The applause started as Sandie and Urs entered the room, but quieted soon after. They greeted their guests before taking their seats to enjoy a simple meal and champagne. Later, Urs and Sandie sliced the wedding cake, sharing the first slice between them. The rest was shared with the small group of Divo friends and family. As the staff cleared away the plates, the string quartet began to play in the corner. Sandie kissed Urs before standing, excusing herself briefly. Sabrina followed her into the hallway and down to the ladies room. “I don’t know why I’m so nervous, Sabrina…but I am. I have butterflies like I’ve never had before. Is it just me, or is something going on I don’t know about?”
“Sandie, not everyone gets a private concert from one of the biggest stars in country music. Granted, it was a business deal, but he still is famous… more so than the guys. I also wanted to give you and Urs your wedding present now. Carlos and I found this new place and booked it for you two for tonight. Like it… don’t like it… no problem. We just wanted you to have something special for tonight. You two have been married, but you really didn’t have a real honeymoon… thanks to Dean. It is only one night but, if both of you like it, stay longer or come back another time.”

“Thanks. “ Sandie hugged her warmly. “Ok, let’s get back before we are missed.” They headed back into the room. Carlos and Urs stood to greet them warmly.
“I tried to request a song for our first dance, Sandie…but was told that was taken care of. What is going on?” Urs asked nervously.

Sandie kissed his cheek and smiled. “You’ll see in a minute. Please… trust me on this. I’m sure you are not a country music fan, but this song says so much of what we both want to say.” Urs nodded. Sandie walked over to the quartet and picked up the microphone. “Excuse me everyone, I would like to introduce a special guest who is here to perform for Urs and my first dance. Please welcome, George Strait.”
George, dressed in a white shirt, dark blue jeans, boots and white hat entered from the side door, guitar in hand. He hugged her warmly before strapping on his guitar and strumming softly. Sandie put the microphone into the stand and walked toward Urs. He smiled nervously, looking from Sandie to George. Urs led her to the dance floor as the lights dimmed. George adjusted his hat and began the song.

I Cross My Heart

Our love is unconditional, we knew it from the start.
I see it in your eyes, you can feel it from my heart.
From here on after let's stay the way we are right now,
And share all the love and laughter
That a lifetime will allow.

I cross my heart and promise to
Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true.
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.

You will always be the miracle that makes my life complete,
And as long as there's a breath in me, I'll make yours just as sweet.
As we look into the future, it's as far as we can see,
So let's make each tomorrow be the best that it can be.

I cross my heart and promise to
Give all I've got to give to make all your dreams come true.
In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine.

And if along the way we find a day it starts to storm,
You've got the promise of my love to keep you warm.

In all the world you'll never find a love as true as mine,
A love as true as mine.

After the song ended, Urs kissed Sandie deeply, still holding her close. “Perfect Sandie…it was never about trusting…it was about our love. What I tried to suggest would not have said it better…thank you.”
“You’re welcome. I love you too.” She whispered, kissing him back. The couple walked over to George and shook his hand warmly. George congratulated the couple, tipped his hat and walked out of the room. The quartet began to play again, so some of the couples got up to dance. Urs and Sandie sat down at the table beside Cheryl and Adriana. As they did, Simon came up to them smiling.
He held out his hand to Cheryl. “May I have this dance?” Cheryl blushed and nodded. Sandie looked out at the couple dancing, noticing the other Divos were already there. Watching them dance was calming to her as she reached for Urs hand. Taking it warmly, he lifted her hand warmly to his lips and kissed it softly.
As a new song began, he smiled at Adriana, quietly playing with her necklace. He kissed Sandie’s cheek and whispered, “I’ll be right back.” Carefully, he took Adriana in his arms and held her close, making his way to the edge of the dance floor. Adriana looked at the adults dancing and back at Urs smiling. Nodding shyly, she hugged Urs as he looked at her again. He made his way toward Cheryl and Simon before setting her on the dance floor. Holding out his hands to her, he started to sway to the music. Adriana watched him tentatively before she began to mimic his movements. He reached for her hands and continued swaying back and forth. Soon Adriana was smiling broadly as she looked at the other couples around her and up at Urs. Sandie smiled at them from the table, barely able to contain her happy tears. The song ended too soon for Adriana, but she was happy to be in Urs arms once again. He carried her back to the table as she rested her head on his shoulder, her eyes closing as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Simon and Cheryl also made their way back to the table. Seeing Adriana was sleeping, Cheryl reached for her. Urs shook his head, content to hold her a bit longer. As his arms tired, he shifted her in his arms.
“Urs, I think she will sleep better lying down.” Cheryl said softly. “Please, let me take her up to our room so she can rest. Urs reluctantly nodded before leaning forward. Simon took the sleeping Adriana in his arms as Cheryl stood up. The two quietly made their way back to the room and put Adriana on the bed for a nap.

THE HONEYMOON (The Posideon Underwater Hotel)

An hour later, Sandie and Urs were saying their good-byes to their guests. As they walked hand in hand through the lobby to the white limo outside, both seemed quiet. A few minutes later, they arrived at Poseidon. They signed in, not knowing what to expect. Moments later, they were escorted to their room.

~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 ThePosideonHotelUnderwater

Once inside, Urs dimmed the lights as Sandie lit a few of the candles. Urs eyes rested on the whirlpool tub, as his rubbed his hands together. “I think I’ve had enough champagne for the night, but I think we need to relax and… you promised.” He whispered as he made his way to her. “I’m not used to performing like this in front of such as unique… umm audience, but I’m willing to give it a try.”
Sandie laughed as she scanned the glass-paned area of their room. “That’s why we dim the lights. When we are ready, we can blow out the candles if you have any stage fright.” Gently, she took his jacket off and tossed it on the bed. Urs kissed her as he felt for the zipper in the back of her gown. Her gown soon slid down to the floor, followed by the rest of Urs’ tux. A moment later, they were lounging in the whirlpool.
“Urs, I need to tell you something…” Sandie’s eyes looked away from him as she bit her lower lip nervously.
Urs touched her face gently, trying to get her to look at him again. “Liebe, what is wrong? Why won’t you look at me? Is it something I have done? Not done? Please…” Urs pulled her closer to him. Sandie tucked her head against his shoulder, but trying not to look in his eyes.
“Urs, I know we have plans in place… and we…” tears began to form as she took a ragged breath. “Urs, I’m sorry… this isn’t what we planned.” Sandie sobbed softly, clinging to Urs.
“Sandie… you aren’t making sense… what plans… when… Sandie, what do you mean? Liebe, we have been through so much already, what ever IT is we will do this together. Now, take a deep breath, try to relax and tell me….please.” As he finished, Urs pulled Sandie onto his lap, stroking her long hair as he waited.

“Urs…I’m pregnant. We’re going to have a baby… and…and… we don’t have things settled with Adriana… her care… and with everything that happened in LA… Urs, as much as I want to have your child… this is not what we planned…”
Urs eyes lit up and glistened. “We’re having a baby… Sandie… we are really…having…a baby?” He kissed her cheek. Sandie nodded. “Liebe… that is fantastic… wonderful… the best news... How far along? Are you ok? Feeling ok I mean… Adriana’s care won’t be forever… she is coming along nicely and my parents will be here soon. Sandie… please say something…anything.”
“I love you Urs. I really want to have this baby, but I don’t want Adriana to be or feel second. I know you know I love her as my own child, but… I wanted her to have time with just us… to be a real family. I don’t want that to be between us.”
“It won’t Sandie, I promise. “ Urs kissed her deeply. “Now, how far along are you?”
“About seven weeks…I know we agreed to wait…I’m sorry.” Sandie looked into Urs eyes and saw them twinkle. She smiled weakly, wiping blindly at her tears.
“No wonder you didn’t have much champagne…and have been so… yes, it makes sense now. Does anyone else know?”
“I didn’t have champagne Urs… it just looked like I did, thanks to the steward… it was ginger ale. Just the doctor and you…I wanted you to be the first.” Sandie kissed him, wrapping her arms around his neck as she turned to face him. “There is only one ummm problem with where I’m at right now in the pregnancy.” She blushed lightly, before whispering to him what was on her mind.
Urs laughed before kissing her, “That is not a problem… that is a pleasure…as long as it doesn’t harm the…our baby… mein Gott… our baby. I love how that sounds.” He slid his hand down to rest on her stomach. He looked deep into her eyes, “…our baby.”
As the water had cooled, they made their way to the bed, blowing out the candles as they went. In the quiet darkness, Sandie stood beside the bed as Urs kneeled in front of her. Gently, he caressed her as he made his way to her stomach. “Hello baby… my…our precious little one…” Gently, he reached for Sandie’s hand, entwined his fingers with hers before kissing them where their fingers met. As he pressed their hands on her stomach, he whispered, “Love from both of us, little one. I can’t wait to meet you and show you the world. For now, I will be patient.” Urs stood and lifted Sandie into the bed before lying beside her. That night, as the waves rocked above them quietly, they celebrated their love once again.

Last edited by Starstruck on Tue May 22, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Well now that the wedding is over we are moving on to the next day. Are you all ready for more?? Well then bring out the tissues again you will need them..

We are introducing 3 new people to the story:

Jean Harley/Nunnie
Katherine De-Marco/Fanfromoz(Kathy)
Francesa/Natty

Jean will be part of the Adriana storyline and the new baby..
Katherine will be part of the Designs by SD storyline.
Francesa will be a part of that storyline as well as a PA to Sandie.

Hope you will enjoy where this story is going.. True love works and Our Divos are meant to be happy..

LG

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 12:24 am

Chapter 48
The Buhler's Arrive

Sandie woke early the next morning. It seemed they had just settled down for the night, till she awoke with the feeling of Urs' body next to her. She turned to watch him sleeping. He was a gorgeous man; someone who she never thought she would have in her life. Now here she was married to him twice, and they were expecting their first child, as well. She had become mother to his first born child. How many times in her life had she dreamed of finding someone who could love her, give her the family she wanted? “I can not believe how everything has come together. I could pinch myself, but I’m still afraid it is a dream… but what a dream it is.” She gently kissed Urs’ forehead and snuggled closer to him. After she and Dean had broken up she was sure she would never trust any man again, she had vowed to stay alone so she would never be hurt again. Urs had changed all of that. She couldn't keep up the walls she had built around her heart. After the first kiss it was impossible for her to ever give him up. All the pain and anger, hurt and loneliness, were gone now. She laid all that to rest with her dive, never to be that person again. As she watched him sleeping, she remembered the look and the tears he had shed when she told him the news of their baby. She knew from their conversation before that he wanted a baby with her and she had promised him. She had never broken a promise to Urs and vowed she never would. He was a man who deserved better then broken promises. He was a loving man, able to give his heart fully and she couldn't deny him this one wish or any other. This baby wasn't quite planned, but when he thought she might not go through with the pregnancy, the look of pure anguish sliced through her as if with a knife.

As Sandie watched her husband, she lightly stroked his arm, thinking back to the evening. They had loved each other as if it were the first time. He was so attentive to every part of her body. She never felt so loved and moved by the emotions he brought out during the exploration. She loved his body… every touch brought out more sensations, new and heightened as never before. This man was her soul mate and she would never get enough of him. Urs stirred and slowly open his eyes to see his beautiful wife looking down at him with a dark passion in her eyes. Urs had to make a short stop in the bathroom. When he joined her again, they explored some of the places they might have missed and some they wanted to explore again.

They spent the next few hours reaffirming their love. When they finally made it to the bathroom, they washed each other, continuing to explore the others, wrapped in their love. With a reluctant sigh, they knew they had to get moving. Promising any major love making would be saved for this evening. As they started to dress for the day, Urs saw Sandie wrapped in a towel. He walked over to her, pulled her into his arms. and hugged her and kissed her deeply. “I love you so very much, Liebling.” He hugged her and kissed her deeply.

“I love you too my Dimple Darling.”

Urs knelt down and moved her towel aside, touching her stomach where their child lay, growing day by day. “Hello, sweet, little one. This is your papi. I love you very much and can't wait to see you growing, hear your heartbeat for the first time, hear you make your entrance into this world...look at you, hold you in my arms… watch you take your first breath. I know you don’t understand a word I say, but I hope soon you can hear my voice.” Urs kissed her stomach where he had just spoken to their child. “God… please…, I understand neither of my babies can hear me now, but some day…somewhere…please…I know they can hear me with their hearts. For now that is enough… but please…let them both hear the beautiful things of this world.” He looked up to see Sandie standing there looking down with tears flowing down her face. Sandie saw tears in Urs' eyes as he looked at her with so much love. She knew he would be the best father their child could have; he already loved his daughter and wanted to make this a wonderful family. After they finished dressing and packing up, they headed to the hotel where Simon and the others were meeting them for lunch.

Later in the afternoon, they would be meeting his parents at the airport. Then they would settle into the vacation house Simon had reserved for them. Sandie and Urs would be taking Adriana to a doctor’s appointment for her evaluation for her cochlear implants. They would be doing tests and then making plans for the surgery that was to help Adriana to hear for the first time. Cheryl would be staying with them and helping explain to her what was going to happen over the next few weeks.

Cheryl, Urs and Sandie discussed the need for a speech therapist for Adriana after the surgery, during her recovery and a few years beyond. Cheryl thought about her choice carefully, before suggesting they hire her long time friend Jean Harley. Jean would be joining them at the end of the week, if the appointment went well and they could move forward with the surgery. Jean would not only be a speech therapist for Adriana, but in the future she would take on the role of Nanny, with Adriana and the new baby. Sandie, Cheryl and Urs' parents would be staying in Florida during Adriana's surgery and part of her recovery time. Urs and the others would resume the tour. Sandie insisted Sabrina take over the daily control of the wardrobe department for the tour. She didn’t want the guys to have to worry about their wardrobe or any of the details associated with the care of their wardrobe. They needed to concentrate on their performance and their fans. Sandie and the girls understood how the guys felt about their fans. None of them felt the least bit threatened by the guy’s fans. Urs hated thinking about leaving his family behind but knew that it was the only way to handle the tour and take care of Adriana's future. He and Sandie had discussed this separation at great length. They knew it was a necessary step if they were to help Adriana in her quest to hear.

As Cheryl took Adriana up to her room for her nap, Sandie and Urs said goodbye to their friends and headed out to the airport to collect his parents. Dimitri and Sophie Buhler were arriving at 4:30pm. They wanted to find the perfect place to wait for them so Urs would not be easily spotted by fans. Urs was dressed in his tight jeans, a Harley T-shirt and leather jacket. He stuffed his hair under one of David’s baseball caps and added a sporty pair of sunglasses. As they crossed the walkway from the short term parking lot to the terminal, he slid his arm around Sandie’s waist. Adriana stayed back at the hotel suite with Cheryl and Simon, so she could rest before meeting her grandparents for the first time.

They found a small coffee shop where they could see the passengers as they exited the airplane. Both ordered a cup of tea, Sandie sipped at hers, while Urs seemed to just stare into his, mindlessly stirring it before glancing toward the gate. Sophie was the first one Urs saw. He was happy they had come to stay for a few weeks. Dimitri and Sophie decided to keep their return date open giving them as much time as they wanted to get to know their new granddaughter. Urs couldn't wait to tell them about his and Sandie's news. When he saw his father, he stood up whispering to Sandie as he glanced around to be sure no one was looking at him. He greeted them warmly before escorting them over to Sandie. Sandie welcomed them to Florida, hugging each one. Sophie had spoken on Skype and the phone many times over the past months but this was their first face to face meeting. After getting their luggage, Urs took Sandie's hand and they all headed out to the waiting Limo. On the way to the hotel, they talked about the wedding, and let them ask any questions about Adriana that would be awkward during their first meeting. Urs and Sandie wanted to talk to them about who was going to stay with her in Florida, while Adriana went through her surgery and recovery. Neither Sandie nor Urs considered that Adriana may not be a candidate of the implants. Both realized that it would be an extended process after the surgery. Adriana would hear, but not in the same way they did. Sound of any kind would be foreign to her and may be overwhelming. After much discussion, their decision was made. Sophie would stay in Florida with Sandie and Cheryl. Dimitri would travel with Urs for a while. Father and son had not spent much time together in the past few years. Urs was hoping for a sounding board on the many things that had happened in the past few months. The only thing Urs had no regrets about was Sandie and Adriana being in his life. The surprise would be announced to all of the family tonight. Urs couldn't wait. Sandie was so pleased to see Urs as happy as he was today. She knew Urs would have family with him and she with her. There were so many questions she wanted to ask Sophie without Urs being there. She wanted to learn about his childhood and what his favorite things were growing up. She also wanted to get to know Sophie better as well. She understood now more than ever the importance of a big family and how much Urs resembled his parents. For so many years, it had been just Sandie and Sabrina. Now, her family was growing by leaps and bounds. She wondered if her heart would burst.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 1:38 am

Hold on to your tissues you will need them..

Chapter 49
Adriana's Pain

When Sandie and Urs arrived with his parents at Simon's place they were all still talking about the upcoming surgery for Adriana and didn't see the little face near the corner of the glass, or see the curtain move. They also missed the distant look that clouded the little almond-colored eyes that stared, unblinking at the grown-ups talking outside that moved from adult to adult, trying to find a sign of something familiar with the new couple that had come with her daddy. As she stepped back, she looked at the light reflection and sighed before stepping closer to look again. Something in her mind told her that he was the one in her life that she would always have to make her feel safe and loved. She had never felt as happy as she was now. But that was in her mind, the truth was she was afraid. She knew he had to go back to work, but she was afraid of losing him once he was gone. In her heart she hoped he would come back, but she had no way of telling him not to leave her. He didn't understand her, since they had to go through Cheryl to talk to each other. “If I tell Cheryl how I feel, will she help me make daddy understand? How do I say it with my hands? I don’t know the right words for this feeling…” She wiped a tear from the corner of her eye with the edge of the curtain.

She was afraid of the new people coming to meet her. She knew they were her Mutti and Vatti. But she didn't know them, even though she could see some of her daddy in both of them. “I love daddy… and though I see his gentle eyes in Mutti and Vatti’s hands seem gentle but strong like daddy’s… I just don’t know. The look Mutti gives him is almost the same one I see from daddy. But, Cheryl says never talk to strangers. I don’t know them. But, Vatti has a nice smile that makes the tiny circles in his cheeks like daddy’s… and daddy and he have the same curls… but, will they like me?” Isabelle’s face flashed before Adriana with a stern look that made her hide behind the curtain. “Little girls don’t act up… children should not be seen or heard unless they are asked to join in.” Adriana began to tremble, catching Simon’s attention. The gentle look of Cheryl’s face as she gently took her hand and led her into another room again or to another place away from Isabelle haunted her. “Will daddy become the same? Will daddy lock me away too unless he wants to show me to his friends? Would Sandie make him do it or will she pretend to be nice while he leaves and meet him later to laugh where I cannot see them or find them? Oh, why did they find me? Why did they take us away and show us nice things? Why did I trust them? Are they going to leave me with this Mutti and Vatti and make Cheryl leave? I don’t thin either of them can sign, even with those nice, strong hands… Oh, no one to talk to but my toys… no one to spend time with me that can understand what I want…What did I do wrong?” She had balled up a corner of the curtain in her tiny fist. As Adriana watched them unloading the car, Simon got Cheryl's attention.

“Cheryl I believe we have a problem.”

“What is it Simon?”

“I think something is worrying Adriana. I spoke to a friend of mine that is also a doctor. He thinks she will began to show fear of the people around her… including Urs!”

“But why Simon? He has shown her nothing but love since he found out about her.”

“Yes, your right, but now he is leaving… leaving just like Isabella did in her eyes. She may be thinking he won't come back. She is a child Cheryl;, she has no one to talk to besides you. I am not trying to be cruel, but I think she is afraid that he and Sandie will put you and her away like Isabella did and leave her too. We have to help Urs understand, and it has to be done Now!”

“Alright Simon. I know that there is fear in her. I feel it when Urs is gone from her sight. You go get Urs, bring only him to her room. I don't think she is ready to meet her grandparents quite yet. I will take her to our room and meet you and Urs there.”

“Thanks, Cheryl.” Simon headed for the door with one of his household help. They could bring in the luggage and Sandie could entertain the Buhler's a bit longer. Adriana needed her father now.

“Urs, I need to see you right away! Sorry Mr. and Mrs. Buhler, something has come up with Adriana and I need to see Urs.” Simon mentioning Adriana sent Sandie and Urs on alert and Sandie wanted to go to.

“Simon I am coming too!” Sandie told him as they walked into the house. Sandie was holding Urs' hand and was concerned for her new daughter.

“Sandie, it is best Urs go it alone for now. I am sorry to worry you, but I think Cheryl needs to explain to him first. Then together you and Urs can help Adriana. Adriana may think of you like her mother, but in the eyes of the law, you are not until the adoption paperwork has gone through.” Sandie turned and looked at her husband, tears filling her eyes. It was tearing her up. They didn't want to let her in on what was bothering her daughter. Urs could feel her tremble and he was worried about the baby.

“I don’t care what the law says, Simon… I made a promise to this child… my daughter… and I will be damned if I will break it.” Sandie shook with both fear and anger. “I’m sorry, I should not have cursed… but she is my child in my heart and mind, Simon you witnessed those words… you heard that promise... How dare you!”

“Liebling I promise that I will let you know what is going on as soon as I find out. We will help her together. You know I would never break a promise I made to you.” Urs took her in his arms, holding her close. He could tell she was holding back her sobs that were ready to fall at any moment. He turned her face to his, and kissed her softly whispering “I love you.” in her ear.

“Vatti please take Sandie and stay with her till I return.” Dimitri walked to Sandie and Urs transferred his wife to his father's arms, before he followed Simon upstairs.

Sophie was a bit confused; this was not like her son to walk off leaving everyone to wonder what was going on. But she knew she had to help her husband calm their new daughter in law. Dimitri and Sophie followed the housekeeper to the sitting room, and offered them drinks. They both asked for coffee and a cup of tea for Sandie.

Upstairs, Cheryl had been talking to Adriana. She wanted Adriana to tell her how she was really feeling about everything they had been through. It was her life that was changing minute by minute. It was important for them to deal with the outcome of problems, not letting them fester in the little girl. Urs tried to get Simon to explain what was wrong with his daughter, but he knew what Urs needed to hear had to come from his own child. Adriana's eyes were sad and filled with tears when Urs walked into the room. She wanted to run into his arms and stay there forever, but the fear of him leaving her again held her back. Cheryl looked up at Urs and Simon as they walked into the room. She knew this was going to be hard. She wanted to make sure Adriana and Urs both understood what each was feeling.

“Hello Cheryl, Simon wouldn't tell me what was wrong with my Princessa. Can you explain why she is didn’t come to me? Is it something I did?” Urs asked as he stood there looking at his beautiful little girl.

“I am sorry Urs, you might want to sit down and I will try to explain. I have talked to Adriana while you were at the airport. It seems she is feeling scared that once you leave to go back to work, that Sandie will put us away again as Isabella, her mother did. She is afraid you don't want her anymore and that is why you are leaving. She doesn't know how to tell you that she doesn't want you to leave her. She loves you very much and she is afraid you won't come back.” Cheryl gave Urs the information he needed to understand, hoping he would be able to reassure his daughter that he did love her and she would never be sent away again.

“Simon can you please go downstairs and get Sandie. She needs to be here, too.” Urs asked as he looked at Cheryl and Adriana. How could she feel this way about him? He didn't understand that; he loved her very much and felt proud to have her in his life.

“Sure Urs, I will stay downstairs and keep your parents company.” Simon walked out the door and Urs turned to Cheryl.

“Cheryl would you please tell Adriana, that I would like to hold her please.” Cheryl turned to Adriana and signed to go to her father that he wanted to hold her. Adriana stood up and slowly walked to her father, wiping at the tears running down her cheeks. When she got in front of Urs, she held out her arms for him to pick her up. Urs sat her on his lap and hugging her tight. This was the scene Sandie found when she walked into the room.

“What is wrong Urs?” Sandie ask seeing her husband and daughter both in tears.

“We have a small problem Sandie… and our news… maybe we should tell Adriana, please.” Urs said as his eyes begged her to help him. She could see his emotional pain in his face. Despite the ache it caused her, she couldn't hold him while he was holding Adriana.

“Of course we can tell her first Urs. Cheryl, could you please sign to Adriana for Urs?” Sandie asked looking at Cheryl, before turning to Urs and Adriana.

“Sure Sandie, I will be glad too. What do you want me to tell her?”

Sandie bent down in front of Urs and Adriana, with Cheryl sitting to her side so Adriana could see them all at one time.

“Please tell her that she is going to be a big sister in a few months.” Urs told Cheryl. Cheryl in turn looked at Sandie and smiled she was very happy for them both.

Cheryl turned to face Adriana and signed the information that Urs had given her. She watched Adriana's face closely, as she signed to her that soon she was going to be a sister to Urs and Sandie's baby.

Adriana turned to look at her father as a fresh set of tears came down her tiny cheeks. She signed something back to Cheryl that caught in her throat. It brought tears to her eyes and surprised Urs and Sandie.

“What did she say Cheryl?” Adrianna’s hands were moving quickly, as she tried not to look at Urs or Sandie.

“She told me she was right, that you want a perfect child, so you are getting rid of her and having your own perfect baby. And that the promise you made to her was a lie, just like her mother…Isabella… lied to her. She wants to know what she did wrong to make you want to leave her and in a place she does not know or understand. Why the others were nice to her if they were just going to help you go away. At least before…” Cheryl began to sob and couldn’t finish.

“Oh Cheryl…” Sandie gasped. “What did I do…say to make her think that? Oh my God…”

“Sandie, you didn’t do or say anything. Adriana can read lips very well and she may have misunderstood parts of conversations. Urs… Sandie… I’m not a therapist… I am a care giver. I have done my best, but I cannot erase the years with her natural mother, much as I want to. She was content in her world, not knowing how different she was. Now… she knows and does not understand.”
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:18 pm

Chapter 50

“Cheryl, I understand. Please… help me explain to her that she is perfect in my eyes.” Urs whispered. “She is my child and no one can replace her in my heart…no one.” He held out his hand to Sandie and she took it in her own. “Sandie… what can I do…say? I can’t imagine what was and is going through her mind… the horrors she must know…feel… the sorrow…”
Sandie looked at Adriana and gently touched her cheek, before lifting her tiny chin. “Adrianna, please look at me. I do love you just as you are. Nothing has changed that and nothing ever will. Your daddy loves you too and just as you are. You have done nothing wrong. Daddy has a job to do. He needs to work away from us sometimes. But I also know he will miss you very much while he is away.” Urs nodded, hugging Adriana close. “Now, look at his face, read his eyes… the same color eyes as yours. Tell me what you see there?”
Adrianna looked at Urs hesitatingly at first. Nervously, she slid her hand up to his face, stopping where his dimples usually appeared when he smiled. Urs waited patiently, as her fingers slid over to the corner of his lips and she gently pushed it upward. Urs smiled, sensing that is what she wanted. Her eyes met his briefly, as her fingers returned to his cheeks to outline the now prominent dimples as a smile appeared on her face.
“Cheryl, I think my daughter and I share a love of that very same place.” Adriana seemed to relax a bit as she leaned back against Urs. She turned to Cheryl and reached for her hands. “Cheryl. I need your help. Do you think Jean can meet us at the doctor’s office? I think she needs to realize what is in store. I wouldn’t blame her if she wanted to change her mind. This way, we have time….”
“Sandie, the reason I suggested Jean is because she Does understand what Adriana is going through. She can give her more than I can with her skills as a speech therapist. She also has training in child psychology. Jean visited us once, before you and Urs entered the picture. She was supposed to be on vacation, but she saw the early signs even then. I figured it was her way of hinting at staying longer. I didn’t see it, or didn’t want to… I don’t know which. But we were safe in our own world. I could protect her, home school her. Now, it appears that will change.”
“Cheryl, the only thing that has changed is the geography. Yes, if there is a chance to allow Adriana to join the hearing world, why not take it? Is it so wrong to want the best for those you love? I understand you did your best and I thank you for everything you gave Adriana from the bottom of my heart. We don’t want to take you away from Adriana, you are a vital part of her life… neither Urs nor I want to change that. There will be times when neither of us can be with her… or times when we can not make the right signs for what we want to say. There may also be times when she needs someone other than her parents… every child needs that.” Cheryl nodded, smiling at father and daughter.
Urs nodded, watching Adriana continuing to watch him, her fingers wandering across his face. As she reached his eyes, he blinked suddenly, causing a big smile to appear on her face. She pointed to her own eyes, then back at his. Urs whispered to her, “Yes, our eyes are the same color… something you and I share. See, mommy doesn’t have the same color, only you and I do.” Her fingers trailed to his lips again and he kissed them. “Adriana, daddy needs to ask you something. Do you know what? I think this new baby coming is going to need a very, very special big sister… a sister that will teach him or her all of the important things… the very special and best things. I think I know the best little princessa in the whole world to do that. Do you know who she is?” He tickled Adriana’s tummy gently. Adriana smiled again, her eyes beaming as she reached for his curls with one hand while the other pointed to her own. “Yes, she has chocolate brown hair, full of curls, Beautiful eyes, a wonderful smile… the best tummy to tickle… a very special captain’s hat of her very own…and a mommy and daddy that love her so much.” He kissed her forehead, snuggling her close. “How much do they love her, you ask? Hmm.” Urs slid Adriana over on his lap, so he wouldn’t have to brace her with his arms. “Oh my… my arms are not long enough to measure how much. But it is bigger than this.” He held out both of his arms as far as he could. Adriana’s eyes moved from one of his hands to the other before looking at his face again. She stared at his eyes a moment before smiling. Urs hugged her warmly as Sandie and Cheryl watched. “Sandie help me out here. Take my hand…please.”
Sandie stood beside Urs and took his hand. As she stepped away, still holding his hand, she stretched as far as she could. “This big?” She asked, holding back a giggle, knowing exactly what Urs was trying to do. Adriana watched her a moment before looking to Urs.
“Nope, still not big enough… Cheryl… could you?” Urs added with pleading eyes. Cheryl stood beside Sandie and added hers to the length. He waited again as Adriana looked down the row, stopping at Urs again, waiting. Urs looked as well before looking to her again. “Oh dear… still not big enough…” He thought a moment and stood up, carrying Adriana as he walked to the window. He pulled aside the curtain and looked toward the moon, pointing. “Nope, not even to the moon in the sky would be big enough… not even to the moon and back again would be big enough.”
Adriana clapped her hands and smiled. As Urs walked back to Sandie and Cheryl, he could sense they were on the right path. A sudden yawn appeared at Adriana’s lips.
Cheryl sighed. “I think she has had enough excitement for the moment. I’ll put her down for a nap and we can talk some more. Oh Urs… I’m keeping you from your parents…”
“Cheryl, they are adults… they will understand. Both know what having a child means to a parent. I just hope I can be half as good as they are. That is one of the reasons they are here… they want to meet their granddaughter. I imagine they will want to spoil her too. It is in their nature and traditional to do the spoiling.”
Urs waited for Cheryl to pull down the blanket on the bed. Gently, he put Adriana on the bed, lifting the blanket to her chin. He kissed her cheek lightly, brushing back a curl from her face. His eyes softened as she rolled onto her side and closed her eyes. They waited a few minutes to be sure before leaving. In the hallway, Urs hugged Sandie close. “Let’s talk to my parents. We can save the news for later. I have this feeling they may be able to help us… at least they need to know what we know.”
Sandie nodded. “Did I tell you how much I love you today?” Smiling, she opened her arms as Urs had done with Adriana. Urs smiled, blushing.
“I love you too Liebe… but my arms are so tired. I think we may want to save the measuring for later.” As he hugged her, Sandie could feel a slight bulge against her belly. She smiled and blushed.
“Oh I think I might enjoy that later.” Her lips parted as her tongue slid across her upper lip.
Urs patted her butt and smiled. “I think we should be downstairs now, while Adriana is napping. Neither of us know if her mood will last, if so, how long. We need to put a plan together. David is the techie one… maybe he can come up with something for when we’re touring. I can’t make a promise I can’t keep… I won’t.”
They chatted with Dimitri and Sophie briefly before checking the time. “Excuse me while I check on dinner.” Sandie said briefly, feeling a slight wave of nausea building. As she left the room, she could hear Dimitri chuckle softly. She couldn’t hear what was being said, but hoped it was something pleasant. In the kitchen, Sandie rubbed her neck and scanned the refrigerator for a ginger ale. Finding what she wanted, she took a few sips and put the bottle on the shelf.
Sighing, she stopped to see what Simon had planned for dinner. Smiling, he said,” be ready in a few minutes. We’re eating outside on the patio so Urs’ parents can enjoy the weather and the view. Adrianna already had dinner while you two were gone. If she sleeps for the night, great, if not, we’ll deal with it. For now, enjoy Dimitri and Sophie.”
Sandie wanted to hug him, but didn’t. Instead, she patted his shoulder warmly. “Looks like I owe you yet again.”
He winked at her, replaying, “Your credit’s good… I’ll add it to your tab.”
Sandie walked back to Urs and his parents. Their conversation was light and sprinkled with laughter. As she sat down beside him, Sophie asked, “Sandie, how far along are you?”
Sandie looked at Urs. She had hoped they would tell his parents together.
“I didn’t say a word about it, Liebe.” Urs stuttered.
“Sandie… he didn’t have to say anything, I can tell by the glow you have. The way you carry yourself…I know those signs…very well.” Sophie giggled. “I also know sign language, as does Dimitri… so we should have no problems talking with Adriana, other than some American slang. So don’t worry. We are here to help.”
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 1:35 am

Chapter 51

“Mami, you know how to sign?” Urs was a bit shocked. He had never really known many people in his upbringing that needed to use sign language. But here he was, now with a beautiful Angel, and she was going to need all the Love and support they could give her. Urs knew he had it in him to do anything to help Adriana; he also knew even with the new baby, Sandie would never overlook the care that Adriana would need.

“Ja, Sohn we learned a long time ago and we help out at the deaf school in Luzern. We can teach you if you wish, but I assume that Cheryl has already been working with you on this?” Sophie couldn't have been more proud of her sohn. He had always been a man of honor and his trust was something people had to earn. But once they had, it was for life.

“Ok, well to answer your question yes, Sandie is pregnant… 7 weeks along. We are both very happy about it. But that does not mean that we are ready to throw in the towel, forgetting what is important now, that is Adriana.” Urs told his parents all he needed to in that one statement.

His mother could see the dismay and concern in his eyes when it came to talking about Adriana. It seemed he was trying to do all he could for her and wasn't even sure which direction to go. All she needed to know was that he loved Adriana and the rest would work its way out. Sophie was glad now that her husband would travel with their sohn. She could see there would come a time where Urs would need his father more then he needed her. Sophie couldn't have been more proud of the way Urs and Sandie stood up for his abused child, becoming the parents she had needed all along.

“Ok so when is the baby due Sandie?” Dimitri asked looking at his daughter in law and smiling.

“The doctor will give us an exact date after the first ultrasound, but for now they believe it will be after the New Year.” Sandie had not had time to explain all of this to Urs, but she wanted to make sure the ultrasound was set for when both he and Adriana could be with her.

Simon entered the room while they were still talking, announcing that dinner was ready and they would be eating inside instead of on the patio.
Cheryl had been in the kitchen with Simon and peeked around the corner to say hello. “I hope you don’t mind eating indoors. I need to listen for Adriana if she should wake up. I don’t want her to think we left her alone.”
“Not at all, Cheryl… please, let me introduce my parents, Sophie and Dimitri Buhler. Mami, Papi, this is Cheryl, Adriana’s best friend and care giver.”
Cheryl extended her hand to both of Urs’ parents and was greeted warmly. They all headed to the formal dining room where the rest of the group was seated and waiting on them. After seating their Ladies, Urs and his father sat down and enjoyed a relaxing evening with family. Not long after dinner was over, Adriana arrived at the door with tears rolling down her cheeks. She awoke alone and wanted to find her papi. When Urs saw her he rose, going to pick her up as she snuggled close to his neck and held on to him tight. He turned and went back to his seat next to his wife and then turning Adriana around to face his parents let them talk to her in her language.

It was very exciting for her to be able to talk to someone else besides Cheryl. She loved Cheryl but that is the only person she had contact with that had been able to talk to for far too long. Sophie and Dimitri introduced themselves to her in sign and then let her ask any questions she wanted. The group all sat and watched as this precious Adriana was able to overcome her fear of the people who had nothing but love for her.

Adriana stayed in Urs' lap till they all decided it was time to put her back to bed. It had been a busy day for her and she would need some sleep to get thru the busy next few days to come with doctors appointments being set up.

Sophie and Dimitri rose and walked to her and she held out her arms to Dimitri. Looking down at his sohn, he saw the emotions in both his and Sandie's eyes. Tears were being held back as they watched their daughter climb into Dimitri' arms for the trip up to her room. Sophie assured her that her father and mother would come up soon to tuck her in. As Adriana looked at Dimitri, her tiny hand reached toward his face, touching the dimpled circle as she had done with Urs hours before. Urs smiled, nodding his head as she looked from him to Dimitri smiling. Adriana signed something and Dimitri and Sophie signed back, laughing softly before nodding. Gently, Adriana leaned forward and kissed Dimitri’s cheek before leaning toward Sophie. Sophie leaned close to her and Adriana kissed her cheek too, before waving to Urs and Sandie with a big yawn.

“We’ll be up shortly, Cheryl.” Sandie said softly, happy to see the bond started between her in laws and Adriana.

“I think we have this one covered, so take your time.” Cheryl replied.

Once they had left with Cheryl, so she could show them to Adriana's room, Urs turned to Sandie pulling her up from her chair, holding on to her tight. He didn't want to hurt her or the baby; he just needed to feel her love coursing through her to give him strength.

“I’m so glad your parents came, Urs. I know it will be easier for Adriana and I with your mom with us, Jean coming and your dad with you while you tour.” Sandie whispered.

“There are so many things I want to say and do, Sandie… So many questions… so many…” Urs replied.

“I know Urs. But I also know we will find a way to get everything done one way or another. I love you so much Urs and I can’t wait to see our future as a family unfold.”

“I love you too Liebling. Now, should we make sure she is tucked into bed, or give that chance to my parents for once? My papi has a nice voice… but I’m not sure he knows The Song.”

“Lets give them a few more minutes… please.” Sandie whispered before kissing him. “I believe we have an announcement to make.”

“Hey you two…get a room.” David chimed in, laughing lightly.

“We’ll tell them later,” Urs whispered back, kissing her back. “I love her… what can I say? Anyway, we’ll be back after Adriana’s asleep again. We have something to tell you.”
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Chapter 52
Written By: Sandie

Upstairs, Adriana had snuggled into bed and the blanket pulled up around her, Sophie sat beside her on one side and Dimitri on the other. They were signing with Adriana when Urs and Sandie looked in. They watched his parents and Adriana for a moment. The smile on Adriana’s face told Urs all he needed to know. As they stood in the doorway, Cheryl crept over toward them. Just outside the door, Urs whispered, “What are they saying?”

“Your father is telling her a story about a man and some animals. One day the man decided to leave the place he had been working at as a servant so hard for many years. He wanted to say good-bye to the animals that had worked on the farm with him before he left. The animals he had fed and took care of while he was a servant.” Cheryl replied.

“Oh, I know this story. Many Swiss children are told this one. It was one of my favorites as a child.” Urs whispered as they continued to watch from the hallway, a smile appearing on his lips as he watched.

“Please, I don’t think I know this story… please translate it for me.” Sandie whispered to Cheryl.
“I’ll tell you the story later. I’m not sure how long Adriana will stay awake.” Urs replied, watching Adriana close briefly and pop back open, not wanting to miss anything that was being signed. Soon, her eyes closed again. Sophie and Dimitri waited a moment to be sure before each lightly kissed her forehead. Again, they waited a moment before moving. Dimitri stood, then Sophie. Carefully, they walked toward the doorway and greeted Cheryl, Urs and Sandie again.

“I hadn’t thought about that story in years, Mami.” Urs whispered as Sophie turned off the light in Adriana’s bedroom. “Thanks for telling her that one.”

“You’re welcome sohn. We have many stories to tell her… just as we told you stories as a child.” Sophie turned to Sandie. “I hope you don’t mind that we told her stories…it is just a folktale from our country.”

Sandie hugged Sophie warmly. “Not at all…I want her to learn about her father’s culture too. What better way? You just need to translate the stories for me too please.” Sandie blushed.

“That would be our pleasure.” Dimitri whispered, hugging Sandie warmly. “Now, I think it is time Sophie and I went to bed. We still are getting used to the time change.”

“Thank you.” Sandie whispered before Urs led them down the hallway to their room.

Cheryl and Sandie chatted about the upcoming days. Tomorrow, Adriana would have her appointment with Dr Sonia Cortez to determine if she would be a candidate for cochlear implants and if her vocal cords could be repaired. As much as Sandie and Urs wanted to give Adriana the chance to hear, they also wanted to determine if she would be able to speak as well.

“Cheryl, were you able to get in touch with Jean?” Sandie asked.

“Not yet, I think we may want to wait until after the doctor visit tomorrow. I’m concerned that Adriana may not have the surgery, in which case…”

“True… but I know in my heart, Adriana will be. Let’s wait and see what happens tomorrow. I don’t know what I would do without you Cheryl. Thank you for being you.”

“And thank you for being you and Urs for being him.” Cheryl replied.

A few minutes later, Urs walked down the hall and joined Cheryl and Sandie. “So, what are you two talking about?”

“Tomorrow…and Jean coming…” Sandie replied. “Cheryl and I think we should see what happens at the doctor’s office tomorrow before contact Jean about coming. I agree. If it works out, we can have her meet us there. If it doesn’t…”

“It will work out… I know it in my heart.” Cheryl answered firmly. “I’ll give her a call in the morning. Now, I’m tired too. Good night.”

Urs and Sandie said good night and walked downstairs to make their announcement.
“Where are your parents Urs?” Carlos asked quietly.

“They went to bed…time change…jet lag. See, it isn’t just us.” Urs answered, putting his arm around Sandie’s waist. “Simon, we’re going to need a change in the tour schedule… next year.”

Simon’s eyes widened, “Why? What’s going on?” he answered suspiciously.

Urs looked at Sandie and smiled, “Because there will be a new addition to the Buhler family next year.”

Simon, David, and Seb looked from Urs to Sandie and back, not understanding.
“Sandie’s pregnant?” Carlos asked, standing. Urs nodded, continuing to smile.

Sabrina sprinted to Sandie. “I’m going to be an aunt… again? So soon? I mean…” She hugged Sandie warmly. “Oh have I got plans for us.” She whispered to Sandie.
The group chatted warmly for a few hours, each congratulating Urs and Sandie. Then, couple by couple, each said their good nights. Sabrina, Carlos and Simon lingered downstairs longer than the others. They took a few more minutes to talk before they too turned in for the night.
The next morning, Urs and Sandie awoke early. Both showered and dressed for the day, trying to be quiet so the others could sleep in. They decided to start breakfast for the rest as a surprise. As they made their way downstairs, Urs heard a familiar voice. “Mami’s up.” He smiled, shaking his head. Soon they were in the kitchen. Sophie had already made breakfast for everyone. “Mami, you make enough food for the entire Swiss Army. Thank you.” He joked, hugging her. As he looked toward the table, he saw Adriana smiling broadly, feeding a piece of toast to Dimitri as she sat contently on his lap. Dimitri ate it quickly, and continued to make animal noises and signing. Adriana clapped her hands and smiled before looking for something else to give him. Sandie giggled, watching the pair.

“As long as she eats something too.” Sandie said as she watched them. Urs handed her a cup of tea and hugged her.

“Papi always could do the animals well.” He whispered. “Mami can too, but not as well as Papi.” He sipped at his tea. “I think you should eat something too. What would you like?”

“I’ll get something later… right now, I want to enjoy this.”

The others were gathered around the dining room table, watching Adriana and Dimitri as well. After a few minutes, David whispered to Seb and then walked over to Carlos. Each one nodded as they listened. A moment later, David returned to his seat beside Lenhi, a wide grin on his face as he finished his breakfast.

“What time is the appointment, Sandie?” Seb asked.

“Late morning, about 11 am, why?” Sandie replied.

“Just curious…” Seb answered, hugging Lisa before he whispered something to her. Lisa nodded, trying not to giggle.

Soon, breakfast was finished and Cheryl took Adriana upstairs to get cleaned up and ready for her doctor’s appointment. The other girls would go shopping and the guys would stay behind, trying to determine how to rearrange the tour schedule while the Buhler’s and Cheryl went to the doctor’s appointment.
Urs checked his watch as Adriana and Cheryl came downstairs. “Ready?” he asked. Cheryl nodded. “Sandie, do we need anything for this visit?”

Sandie checked her briefcase. “No, Dr Cortez already has all of the medical records Fitz could find. I don’t know what else we would need at this point, other than to get there on time.” Sandie winked, knowing Urs was very punctual.

“Let’s go then.” Urs answered, lifting Adriana and kissing her cheek.
An hour later, they were at the clinic and signed in. Adriana sat on Urs lap, Sandie beside him, his parents on the other side. Cheryl paced the floor nervously. A moment later, the nurse called them back to the exam room. “Dr Cortez will be with you shortly.” The nurse said, smiling before disappearing down the hallway.

A few minutes later, a petite dark haired woman appeared in the doorway. “Good morning, I’m Dr Sonia Cortez, but please call me Sony.” She extended her hand to each in the group before stopping in front of Adriana. “This must be Adriana. Is that your name?” She signed as she spoke to her. “I’m not fluent, but I can sign a few things.” She said to Urs and Sandie.
Adriana watched the slender hands in front of her, looking to Urs, then Cheryl before smiling and nodding.

“Let’s get started then, shall we?” Sony continued. It didn’t take her long to complete her exam. Turning to Urs and Sandie she smiled. “I just need a few x-rays and I’ll be finished. Can just one of you come so she isn’t frightened?”
Urs looked around. He wanted to go, but would need Cheryl to translate. He didn’t want Sandie to be in the room, knowing she was pregnant. Dimitri saw the look and stepped forward. “I’ll go…if that’s ok with you two.”

Sandie wanted to hug him. “Thank you… but.”

“Papi, I need to…”

“I know sohn… and she knows you love her… both of you love her. Please, let me do this? Sophie can follow us to the room. She can be close in case… I promise…”
Dr Cortez looked at the group. “We will only be a few minutes and she needs to stay quiet while we take the x-rays.”

Urs looked to Sandie and both nodded. A moment later, Adriana, Dimitri, Sophie and Dr Cortez disappeared down the hallway. Sophie stayed in the hallway outside the x-ray room, listening for anything and prepared to step in if needed. Sandie, Cheryl and Urs stayed in the exam room. While they were only gone ten minutes, to Sandie and Urs, it felt like hours. As they waited, they talked briefly.

“Jean is in town and will come here or where ever we need her.” Cheryl said nervously. “I hope her coming is going to…”

“It will, Cheryl… I can feel it in my heart.” Sandie replied, hugging her. “…nothing but good thoughts…”

A moment later, Dr Cortez returned to the exam room. “From what I see, and I’ll check the x-rays again later, Adriana is a strong candidate for implants and I believe we can remove most of the scar tissue around her vocal cords. That should enable her to speak in a few weeks. I’m going to consult with another pediatric neurosurgeon to be sure. We may need to move her vocal cords slightly to improve the result. From what I see, the scar tissue is what is impeding her speaking ability.”
Urs signed heavily as he hugged Sandie warmly. “Thank you, doctor.” Sandie said, her voice breaking slightly as she held back the tears.

“Yes, thank you.” Urs and Cheryl said, their voices combining.

“We can perform the surgery next week. She will be in the hospital at least a few days after the implants are put in. We won’t turn them on until she is fully healed. That takes a few weeks. Then, we turn them on a low setting and we will teach you how to adjust them. Remember, she has never heard noises before, so she may be frightened. It won’t be sound as you understand it. Do you have a speech therapist in mind for her follow-up?”

“Yes, a friend of mine.” Cheryl replied. “She is here now, so if you need to talk to her, just say the word.”

“I will want to talk to her after the surgery and once Adriana is healing. We may have to adjust the implants location, depending on how she heals. The surgery on her vocal cords will be done like a tonsillectomy… so no outward scar, but her throat will be sore for a few days. Here is some paperwork now and I’ll have my office gather additional information for you…. That is, assuming you want to go forward with this.”

Urs and Sandie nodded. “Yes, we want Adriana to have the chance to hear and speak.” Urs said firmly. “She deserves that… that and so much more.”
“Great. We’ll schedule her surgery and my office will call you with the details. Is one day any better than another for you?”

“Any day is good for me. Sandie?”

“Just not Monday, please.” Sandie answered. “I… we have an appointment that day.” Urs looked at her nervously. “Ultrasound…” She kissed his cheek.

“You’re pregnant?” Sony asked.

“Yes…but don’t worry, I’m not that far along. Adriana is our priority.” Sandie answered calmly.
“Congratulations. Ok, Adriana and her grandparents are waiting for you in the lobby. My office will be in touch with you later today. Do you have any questions?” Sandie and Urs shook their heads. Sony extended her hand to them and shook each one firmly before leaving the room.
“Ok, let’s get some lunch to celebrate. I’m starved.” Sandie said, smiling.

“You are eating for two, Liebe.”

“True, but that doesn’t mean I should eat twice as much. I don’t want to look like a beached whale later on.”

“You will be beautiful to me, no matter what…so feed yourself and feed our baby.” Urs kissed her warmly.

A few minutes later, they were back in the car, headed toward the cottage.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:31 am

Quote :
sandie' date='29 December 2010 - 02:13 PM

Hi everyone. Just popping in (I'm supposed to be working, but hey... it's breaktime...LOL) Anyway. I wanted to pass along the details of the folktale from the last chapter... for two reasons: 1) Well, I'm a babe! (like my siggy doesn't already show that ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Rolleyes) and 2) we do try to stay true to the characters - or at least our perceptions of them. There will be little tidbits of the story weaved through the next chapters, so wanted to give you the entire story now. So, without further ado...
http://www.aupairinamerica.com/resources/kids/culture_corner/switzerland_folktale.asp

Which reminds me... also be on the lookout for a singing fir tree too... (Another Swiss folktale).
http://www.spiritoftrees.org/folktales/karas/singing_fir_tree.html

One never knows what will happen *rubs hands greedily* in future chapters so stay tuned! Hope all of you had a Divo-enduced holiday as we inch ever closer to 2011 and more Divo adventures. Best wishes to the readers, posters, lurkers, collage-makers, and co-writer, as well as those of you that lend your persona's to the story. So, as I used to say in the den: Stay safe, be healthy and sweet dreams of the one you love.
ttfn!
Sandie
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Chapter 53
*Angry Wives*

During all the activities with Adriana and the Buhler family, the Izambards and the Millers had not really had much time to enjoy a real night out. So David and Sebastien made plans for the four of them to have dinner out while the gals had been shopping. Sebastien made reservations at a nice, elegant restaurant and planned everything down to the dessert for their ladies. In the early afternoon, the ladies had returned from their shopping trip. David and Sebastien hugged their wives and followed Lenhi and Lisa to their rooms. Once there, each explained the evening plans.
Lisa had been tired and teary eyed a great deal, something Seb found out was due to her hormones and being pregnant. He needed to have some private time with her and wanted to go away and start planning for them to find a home to move into once the touring ended. David had the same idea. When the time was right, they would start looking for a new home to start their married life.

After dressing, David and Sebastien climbed into the limo next to their wives. They were all looking forward to some time away from all the other members of the group. They arrived at the restaurant and were escorted to the private dining room set up for the four of them to the left of the main dining area.

All four of them noticed people looking at them as they entered the dining room but went on their way thinking nothing about it. Each was looking forward to a quiet meal and light conversation. The waiter lit the candles on the table and passes the menus to the ladies first, then the David and Sebastien before placing the wine list between the two men. A moment later, he disappeared.
That was where they made their big mistake. Some of the ladies in the main dining room recognized the guys as part of Il Divo and wanted autographs. For the most part their fans were respectable and never intruded on their private time. But tonight it was different; these ladies had no such problem interrupting the guys and their wives. Since no public announcement had been made on the Official Forum, no one knew they had both recently married.

Lisa was the first to see a group of about five ladies headed toward their private dining room after the waiter left. As Sebastien was talking to David about the wine list, the women entered the dining room and headed towards Lenhi and Lisa.

“Evening Ladies…this is a…” Lisa was trying to be kind.

“Listen sweetheart, you can cut the crap. We know you’re paid escorts of Il Divo but we want some time alone with the guys. Don’t worry, you will get your money in the end.” the tall bleached out blonde that towered over Lenhi and Lisa answered, staring icily at the pair.

“Excuse me?” Lenhi looked at Lisa not sure she understood.

“We told you to make yourself scarce honey! Take a break, go powder your nose… punch out for a few… you’re off the clock… get it?” This came from a dark haired, short lady about middle age. Her eyes flared when she looked at Lisa and Lenhi.

“Just who do you think you are busting in here during our private meal and calling us hookers?” Lisa spat out looking at all of them. They could see the anger boiling on her face.

“Well who do you think you are keeping the guys all to yourself Honey!?” The dark haired lady replied.

“I am, for your information, Mrs. Sebastien Izambard and this is Mrs. David Miller.” Lisa explained angrily, pointing to Lenhi.

“But the guys are not married…none of them are!” All five spoke together.

“Oh sorry ladies but they are married…married to us! Both David and Sebastien have been married for weeks now. So you need to at least give them the courtesy of some private time and some space. This is a private party, not a concert or…or meet and greet for fans, so… ” Lisa spat back at them, standing up slowly.
“Dream on! We know the guys and there was no such announcement… so if you wanna play house for the night, that’s fine, but don’t lie to our faces. They are healthy, active men… we understand that.” The tall blond retorted, towering over Lisa without stepping back or flinching.

Lisa’s eyes narrowed as she picked up her purse, turned to Sebastien and said goodbye. Then taking Lenhi by the arm, they stormed out of the restaurant and into the limo, ordering the driver to take them back to Simon's. It was very tense, but very quiet on the ride back. When they pulled up outside of Simon's, before the driver could reach the rear door, the ladies were out stomping into the house, slamming the door loudly. The Limo driver thought he didn't want to be the men when they returned.

“MEN!” Lisa shouted.

Sandie and Sabrina were having coffee in the sitting room, going over details of some new designs, when they heard the door slam. Carlos and Urs came running out of the kitchen, hearing the same door.

Sandie rose to go and see what the problem was and ran smack into Lenhi who had tears in her eyes by now and Lisa, whose face was as red as a beet. Sandie thought, “This can't be good…”

Urs and Carlos looked around for the other two guys and noticed they had not come in with their wives. Sandie looked over to Urs, who shrugged shoulders.

“OK what happen and where are Seb and David?” Sandie asked as she took Lenhi's hand and lead her into the sitting room. Lisa followed still mad as a hornet. The men followed wanting to know what had happen to their brothers.

Lisa noticed Urs looking around, “Stop looking for them Urs. We left them at the restaurant in town.”

Urs looked at Sandie trying to figure this all out. “OK someone tell us what happen please and why you left your husbands at the restaurant?”

“We were having a nice time when about five ladies showed up wanting time with them. They also decided that Lenhi and I were hookers and told us to take a break and they would make sure we got paid for the night.” Lisa spat out with a lot of venom.

“You’re kidding right?” Carlos asked, and then was sorry he spoke up.

“No that is what they said even after we told them we are their wives. They also had the unmitigated gall to call us liars! I had enough… since David or Seb didn't want to correct them or say any thing. We left them there with that…that pack of hungry wolves to fend for themselves! I don’t care if they are eaten alive by the whole pack of them!” Lisa was still mad and Lenhi couldn't even speak through her tears.

Urs was stunned silent; he really couldn't believe this was happening. He knew that no announcement had been made about any of them being married but he never thought something like this could happen. Most of the time, the fans were very respectful when the ladies were out with them.

“Lisa what are you going to do now?” Carlos asked hoping it was ok to speak now. He really couldn't believe this could happen either.

“I am going to MY room and locking the door. Mr. Izambard can sleep else where and tomorrow I will contact MY lawyer for a DIVORCE. Good Night!” Lisa turned and walked up the stairs and didn't look back. Walking into her room, she slammed that door too.

Sandie looked at Lenhi who was still crying. She went to her and pulled her up from the sofa, hugging her gently. “Lenhi, I’m sure they didn’t mean it. Please go clean up and get some rest…try to relax and forget about that part of the evening. I’ll be up later to check on you, ok? We’ll wait for the others to come back and straighten this out.”

Lenhi nodded and headed up the stairs to her room. Sabrina had been sitting there listening as they explained and couldn't believe that she was actually hearing this. She couldn't believe David and Seb would not have set things right with the fans instead of letting their wives be insulted and hurt. Her mind raced as she tried to remain calm, debating whether she should check on Lisa or stay downstairs with the others. “She is so upset right now I don’t want to make matters worse, but she really shouldn’t be alone either. What should I say…do? I’m not sure how I would have handled it myself… God, of all the nerve…” She thought to herself, as options bounced in her mind.

“Now what do we do?” Carlos spoke first as he went to sit beside Sabrina.

“I don't know. Urs what do you think about this and how to tell Seb he might not have a marriage any longer?” Sandie looked at her husband who was standing beside her now, holding her in his arms.

Before he had a chance to answer, they heard the front door Slam again! “Oh boy, this is going to be a long night “Urs thought.

Back to top Go down
Lenhi
Admin
Admin
Lenhi

Snake

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:13 pm

Out of my expectation Shocked can't believe things went that way...

Can't wait to read more mom!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lenhipoohie
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:59 am

Chapter 54
*Angry Husbands*

“LISA!” Sebastien yelled when the door slammed. He headed for the stairs, when Urs stopped him.

“SEBASTIEN, stop. Lisa is in her room, but if you don't mind Adriana is asleep and I would like her to stay that way.” Urs understood Seb was upset but yelling wouldn't help anything.

“She can't hear me Urs so what does it matter?” Seb knew he was out of line when the words spilled out in anger.

“Excuse me Seb, but you may be upset and I can understand why, but you’re out of line and that comment was uncalled for! On top of which, Urs’ parents are trying to rest too.” Sandie spoke up as she stood in front of Seb.

“I am sorry Urs and Sandie… no disrespect to you or your parents Urs. I just don't understand what happen in the restaurant… what made the girls run off like they did?” Seb ran his fingers through his hair as he headed for the sitting room.

“Do either of you know what happen when you were dealing with the fans in the dining room?” Carlos asked as they sat down and tried to figure out the reason for the girls being upset.

“Just that they intruded on our private time and we never got to have dinner. The girls ran off before we could find out what was said to them.” David explained to them.

“Well it turns out the fans accused Lisa and Lenhi of being paid Hookers, told them to leave and they would make sure that after the fans had their private time with the Divos, they would get their fee for the night. Lisa explained that she and Lenhi were married to you David and Seb and that was when the fans called them lairs.” Urs didn't want to tell the guys what the girls had been through, but it needed to be told. As the stilted silence filled the room, he looked at the guys and could tell they had not heard what went on with the ladies at the restaurant.

“Alright, so we missed the conversation that the fans had with our wives. But why did Lisa and Lenhi run out like that?” Seb was very angry that these fans would do something so vile to his wife. He didn't know if David was feeling the same but, at the moment it didn’t matter. He wasn't sure if he would ever trust his fans again. They had almost cost him his marriage and he still hadn't talked to Lisa.

David stood up, looked at everyone in the room and informed them he was going to talk to Lenhi. He turned and left the room and headed upstairs. As he climbed the stairs, images filled his mind, he pushed them aside, trying to find a sense of calm. Tonight, his inner calm was nowhere to be found. Instead, he found the door unlocked and proceeded to enter, closing the door behind him. He hoped that was a good sign, she had not locked him out. He found Lenhi on the bed, still dressed for the evening. crying. It broke his heart to see her tears fall. Quietly, he walked to the bed and sat down next to her. She didn’t move or look up to see he had come in. Gently, he lifted her into his lap, holding her until he thought the tears had stopped. As he waited, he tried to think of how he could tell her what he felt. For now, the words escaped him, hiding from him somewhere with his inner calm. Instead, he held Lenhi close, tucking her head against his neck and waited.

Downstairs, Sandie asked Seb, “Seb, I can see by your face that this is not a good time for you and Lisa to talk yet. I may be totally out of line here, but this incident blowing up in our faces is not going to help. I don’t mean to pull rank or make this a ‘he said, she said’ Seb, but I do understand the difference between business and private….not that I’m the only one… but”

“What are you saying Sandie? What else did Lisa say? What aren’t you telling me? Please…”

“Seb, there were words said in anger… repeating them now isn’t going to help or change things, any more than taking back what the fans said to them would. Seb, I need you to trust me to at least try. I’m not an expert, nor claim to be… but I’ve been down…. Well…. Anyway… please? For now, just try to find the words to tell her… tell her how you feel about her… that is what is important. I know you guys are public figures… but right now, she doesn’t need to be reminded of that. Can you do that? Go outside… stay here… what ever it takes, but I can’t let you two be together right now… I can’t and I won’t.”

Reluctantly, he agreed. He was still trying to swallow the anger built up within him.

Urs stood, hugged Sandie and gave her a long, drawn out, bone melting kiss and then let her go. He watched with Seb, Carlos, and Sabrina as Sandie went upstairs and knocked on the bedroom door to Seb's suite.

“Lisa, it’s me. Are you ok? Can we talk?” Sandie hoped she sounded confident, as knots bundled and re-bundled in the pit of her stomach. She was about to lean her forehead against the door and catch her breath when Lisa opened it. Sandie saw the tears staining her cheeks and opened her arms to hug her. Instead, Lisa turned and sat on the bed, fumbling for another tissue.
“Lisa, I understand how you feel right now… at least how I would feel if it had happened to me. I wish it would have never happened… that I could erase at least that part of the evening… but I can’t. Being a Divo's wife is difficult enough with the long distance relationships and the constant travel and no private time. The wild accusations… vulgar fans, it is hard… and no one blames you, Lisa… not even the guys themselves.” Sandie eased onto the bed beside Lisa and hugged her close. She could feel Lisa’s tears against her neck, but she waited a moment before continuing. “Lisa, neither Seb nor David heard what was said…had no idea until we told them a few minutes ago. Lisa, Seb and David raced back here too… they didn’t abandon you two… and they are just as upset about this as...as the rest of us are.” Again she waited, passing another tissue to her. As Lisa seemed to calm, she continued. “Lisa, you know more so than I do that the guys have wonderful fans for the most part… right?”

Lisa shook her head slightly.

“So, are we going to let a few renegades spoil that for us… all of us? Lisa, I know that Seb loves you more than anything in this world. I can see it in his eyes, his whole face… body – not that I was checking out his body… but, his whole demeanor when you two are together.”

Lisa looked at Sandie’s eyes. “I know he does Sandie… I just… it was so frustrating… so embarrassing… and to not hear a word from him…”

“Lisa, I do understand… but he didn’t hear what was said to you and Lenhi… he didn’t… I saw it in his face… the hurt when he found out. Lisa…he wants to talk to you…if that is alright with you. I won’t let him near you if you aren’t ready. But, you two need to work this out..just the two of you. Lisa, I swear, if you cannot, I will take you to your attorney’s office myself, no question…but I think you can find the right answers before it ever comes to that.”

“Sandie, I do love him… I just don’t know what to say…do…it is all a jumbled mess.”

“Lisa, I’ll tell you what I told him… the same thing. Tell him what is in your heart… how you feel.”

Lisa nodded. “Just give me a few minutes to clean up. Sandie… I can’t face the others yet… please…”

“No problem…but I know they would understand too. Lisa, they really are very big hearted guys. David is talking with Lenhi, but the others are downstairs with Seb waiting to support both of you. Would you like to meet him here or downstairs? The place is not as important as the talking is.”

“I am the one that left… I should meet him. I just hope it isn’t too late.” Lisa sighed and stood. She walked the few steps to the bathroom and closed the door. A few minutes later, she appeared again. “Do I look ok?”

“You look fine.” Sandie walked toward the bedroom door and opened it. “We’ll go together, ok?”

Lisa and Sandie came down to the sitting room. When Seb saw Lisa, he got up from the sofa and walked to her, pulling her into his arms. Lisa was so happy he was holding her. “Lisa, I love you.” He whispered to her gently before covering her lips with his own in a deep, hungering kiss.

“Before you retire for the night, maybe we should discuss making a announcement on the Official Forum so this evening won't be a repeat ever again.” Urs announced to the ones in the sitting room. He was not ready to announce that Adriana was his daughter or much of their personal life but enough to take the pressure off the wives. “Sandie and the other girls don't have any wishes to become famous but they need to be respected as our wives. I don't want Sandie ever dealing with the same thing Lisa and Lenhi went through tonight. I don’t want it for Sabrina either. Our plates are already full enough… there isn’t room for any more right now.”

“Ok we will discuss this in the morning when David can be here too and give his approval also.” Seb told the others before wishing them all a goodnight, taking Lisa's hand and going up to their suite. They would talk through out the night and end up reaffirming their love. They loved each other enough to weather any storm as long as they talked to each other.

David and Lenhi talked about the events of the night and reaffirmed their love. David assured her she would never go through anything like that again. Carlos and Sabrina spoke once they arrived in their room. They knew that most of the fans were respectable and the guys were the only ones that could stop this sort of thing from happening again.

Sandie and Urs went to Carlos and Sabrina's room before retiring themselves. Sabrina answered and they were invited in.

“Sabrina there was a phone call from L.A. today. Katherine is now in her office, all set up and ready to assume the responsibilities of the Board. I really can't go to L.A. right now. I need you and Simon to go and get the formalities completed please! Carlos if you could…”

“Ok when do we need to leave?” Sabrina asked as Carlos nodded, taking her hand warmly.

“Tomorrow afternoon. Simon has the plane ready for the trip. You will be joined by Francesa. She is to be a PA for myself and Katherine. She will be going to London to check up on the UK plant’s progress; while you will stay with the group and work with an assistant in my absence.”

“Alright, I will get us packed in the morning. Do you know how long you will have to be in Florida yet?” Sabrina asked wondering how long Sandie would be tied to Florida.

“I don't know yet, but while Francesa is in London she will also be checking out homes for Urs and I. If she finds one that is suitable, then Adriana and all the others will leave here for London. I don't know that I will be coming back to work fully, partially, or at all; so you also need to hire the best assistant you can find.”

“Sandie and I will try to get things sorted out so you have more answers when you return, and before we leave for the rest of the tour. I am hoping she and Adriana will join us when the time is right, before the tour ends… but not to return to work a full schedule. She still has Designs, but I can’t let her keep up this breakneck pace…it isn’t good for her, the baby, or anyone else for that matter. I’m being the greedy husband… sorry if you don’t like it.” Urs stood and took Sandie's hand as they headed out the door for their room after saying good night.
Back to top Go down
Lenhi
Admin
Admin
Lenhi

Snake

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Phew... now everything is clear and four of us have worked things out... I'm so happy that Sandie took care of Lisa Wink she knows what is the best for Lisa and Seb. Things are good between David and I Very Happy

Great chapter mom Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lenhipoohie
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:25 pm

Chapter 55
Adriana's Surprise

“Urs, what was all that about? You a greedy husband and…”

“Love, there is nothing I wouldn't do to keep you safe, you know that. Now with Adriana and the new baby it is more important to lessen the stress in your life as well as our lives. I didn't say you couldn't go back to work… but for now we have enough people to help with the major parts. That will leave you time for you and all of us.” Urs took her in his arms, snuggling her close as he spoke over her head hoping in his heart she would understand that he wanted to care for her and their children first.

His life had changed in so many ways since meeting Sandie. He couldn't find one thing about it he would have done differently other than to erase her abusive past. He loved this woman more then his own life. Now with their own child on the way, it was important to him to be the man of the house, to take care of his family.

“I do understand that part and I do try to put the children first, love…no question. I just don’t understand where greedy comes in. It isn’t greedy to want the best for us. I want that too. It is part of being a family… I want the best for us, Sabrina… the whole Il Divo family for that matter...If that is being greedy… well, ok, I accept that. I appreciate you wanting to lessen the load, but I also think I may be greedy wanting to cover it all too. Designs may just be a business to you… just like your music, but it has kept me going through the years. It has been there and letting it grow without me watching every move will take some time. I’m not ready to throw in the towel, but I will share that weight. Can we just decide together?” Sandie smiled as she looked up at him waiting for her kiss. He didn't disappoint her, he took her mouth in a searing kiss that left no doubt in either of their minds how much they were love and wanted.

“Thank you my love, it means everything to me to know you trust me to care for you and our children. I have never had to make these kinds of decisions before so I too will learn along with you. We do need to decide together what is best for the family. Speaking of greedy though…” Urs reached down pulling off her top, kissing her shoulders lightly, making a path to her neck.

Urs picked Sandie up carrying her to their bed, talking was over for the night. They removed the rest of their clothes and snuggled up in the high bed. Urs slid his hand to her stomach, talking to his child in Swiss German. He wanted their child to know how much he or she was loved. Sandie was emotional when she listened to him talking to their child. He was a fantastic father to Adriana and she knew he would be the same with their child in the future. She really couldn't wait to hold their child and watch the baby and Urs together. Sandie touched his face, following the dimples that were there while he spoke to their child floating inside her safe and sound.

“Take me to the place only we can go together...fill me again…I love you so much.”

“Ich Liebe Dich, mein Liebe.” Urs gently slid her on top of him as he took her to paradise. They were totally lost in each other. No woman had ever taken him to the places he went with her. He knew what real love was now and he knew his life would always be an adventure with this amazing woman in his life.

The next morning early a package arrived by currier. Simon accepted it for Urs and Sandie as they had not come down for breakfast yet. The return information on the letter said it was from Mr. Fitz so he knew it had something to do with Adriana.

As Simon poured himself some coffee, Cheryl walked in. With no one else around, he pulled her to him and snuggled her head under his chin. It felt like they were on the dance floor at Urs and Sandie’s wedding reception. His arms felt warm and inviting around her then as now. It had filled the void she had ignored for many years, putting Adriana’s needs before her own. She savored his touch, sensing he felt the same way.
She hoped that it wouldn't be too long before they could start on their own lives. “..spend time just for the two of us… exploring the possibilities of moving forward, foreign as they may appear…I am an adult… why does this feel both good and strange?” she thought. Cheryl looked down on the table seeing the large package and tapped it asking Simon what it was.

“I think it is the adoption papers from Fitz, so I am sure Sandie and Urs will be thrilled.”

“Oh, so that will make Sandie Adriana's mother officially then…in the eyes of the law as she said before?” Cheryl seemed sad and Simon couldn't figure out why.

“What is wrong? I thought you would be happy for Adriana. She needs a mother… and don't get me wrong, you were everything to that child including a mother figure. I know how much you love her Cheryl, but it is time for you to have your own life, and Adriana to have her family. You know Sandie and Urs will love her and do anything they can for her. Please don't worry… you will always be a part of her life.” Simon bent down and took her lips in a searing kiss leaving her no doubts that he wanted them to be a couple. Simon, hearing footsteps, pulled away and poured her a cup of coffee, clearing his throat nervously. They sat at the counter, talking about the upcoming trip Simon had to make with Sabrina and what their plans would be when he returned. He didn’t want to plan too far ahead in case Cheryl was not ready to move forward as he had hoped.

Urs woke first and headed to the bathroom and started his shower. He knew Sandie was tired, so he would let her sleep a bit longer. But, she surprised him when he began washing his hair. She was standing in the shower with her arms wrapped around his waist as he bent back to rinse his hair. After their good morning kiss and shower, they dried off and dressed. They had a busy day and needed to get breakfast for Sandie and the baby and then get things ready for Sabrina and the others to leave for California.

Adriana had been down after Cheryl finished her breakfast with Simon and had hers. She was now in the music room exploring the instruments with Cheryl and talking about learning to play the piano. Sophie and Dimitri arrived and began telling her once her surgery was a success that her father would be happy to teach her to play any instrument she wanted. Adriana smiled a big happy smile at her Papi when she looked up and saw him in the doorway. She ran to him eagerly. After talking to his daughter and wishing her a good morning with her special kiss, he put her down and headed to the kitchen to join Simon and Sandie. He had left his parents in the music room with Adriana and Cheryl to explore his craft. He wondered what Adriana thought of the instruments and which ones she could sense the vibrations from, like she had his voice. He was still very curious how anyone could not hear sounds, yet have some sense of them anyway. He also thought about what Adriana’s reaction would be once she heard her first sound… let alone what it should be, given he had a choice.

Sophie and Dimitri left Cheryl with Adriana to explore the music room, heading to the kitchen to join Sandie and Urs for breakfast. Simon waited until the four settled at the table to hand the package to Urs. Sandie looked at Urs who shrugged his shoulders, “No idea…did you order something?” He took the papers from the folder and began to read them, a smile crossing his face. His face glowed with happiness as he laid them on the table.”Sandie today is a very special day for us. If I understand all of this legal stuff correctly, you are officially and legally Adriana's mother.” Sandie gasped before her tear-filled eyes looked into his. Urs stood, pulled her into his arms and kissed her soundly. “So, in the eyes of the law, you are her mother and we are a family…a growing family too.”

“Simon… Urs… how did… Oh Simon, you had Fitz push this through didn’t you? How can I… we… thank you for making this happen so quickly?”

Cheryl, holding Adriana’s hand, walked in just in time to hear the news. Urs let go of Sandie and picked up Adriana and let his mother explained that Sandie was now officially her mother. Adriana had the biggest smile for her new mother. She reached out for Sandie to take her, but Urs was concerned she might be too heavy.
“Urs, she’ll be fine in my arms… at least for the next few months. I can’t carry her for long, but I would like to hold our daughter... God, I love how that sounds…our daughter.” Urs nodded, carefully passing Adriana to her, but staying close by in case. Sandie hugged her close and kissed her cheeks. Sandie looked around the room before asking, “Oh goodness, I forgot to check on Lenhi last night.”

“David talked to her, so I’m sure they are fine. Let them alone for now. I’m also sure Lisa and Seb have talked things out as well.” Urs replied, taking Adriana in his arms. “You need to focus on your things now. It will be a busy day.”

The rest of the morning was filled with Sandie and Sabrina going over all of the paperwork and files Sabrina would need in LA. Simon and Carlos would travel with her, to insure the transitions would go smoothly. Urs, Sandie and Dr. Sonia Cortez would set the date for Adriana’s surgery and Cheryl and Jean could begin to make their plans as well. Urs, Sandie, Cheryl and Adriana would then go to Sandie’s ultrasound and see their baby for the first time. Sophie and Dimitri were invited to join them as well. It would be a happy first time family event. When Cheryl found out Urs’ parents were going, she asked if she could stay at the cottage to contact Jean and get the plans started. After a moment, Urs and Sandie agreed; neither of them noticed the smile that appeared on Simon’s face when they replied.

That afternoon, the Buhler’s left for the doctor’s office; Simon and Cheryl watched the limo pull away before walking arm in arm back to the cottage. After the door closed behind them, Simon kissed Cheryl again. “Like Urs said, you need to focus on your things now…” he whispered before he kissed her again.
At the doctor’s office, Sandie signed in and was escorted back the hall to get ready for her ultrasound. Once she was ready, the nurse returned to the waiting room to bring back the others. While it was a tight fit, Urs held Adriana and Sandie’s hand; Sophie and Dimitri stood beside them. The technician applied the gel and placed the scanner on Sandie’s stomach. A few seconds later, the image appeared on the screen. Carefully, she pointed out the tiny features and turned up the volume, so they could hear the baby’s heartbeat, not realizing Adriana was deaf. Sophie signed to Adriana what was being said. As Adriana watched the signs, she would ask questions. Sophie smiled and laughed.

“Adriana wants to know why it doesn’t look like one of her baby dolls.” Dimitri said aloud.

As the technician was about to reply, the doctor came in and greeted them. “The baby is still growing now, so won’t look like a real baby for a few more months.” She waited while Sophie signed the answer before continuing. “Right now, the baby is about the size of the first joint of your little finger or a bit smaller Mr and Mrs Buhler. By next week, it will have grown to about the size of a seedless grape.” Again she waited for Sophie to sign to Adriana. “Do you have any questions? The baby is doing very well… appears healthy and right on schedule from what I see. I would estimate your due date to be mid- to late January.”

“Can you tell whether it is a girl or boy?” Urs asked, marveling at the sound and movement on the screen.
“It is too early to tell at this point. We should be able to determine that in the second trimester… sorry, when she is four to six months along. For now, the gender remains hidden as that part hasn’t really developed enough for us to see for certain. Is there a reason you need to know the sex of the baby? Something in either of your family histories I need to know about or look for? I can schedule tests….”

“Oh no, just curious…” Urs replied, blushing lightly.

“Ok, for now, everything looks good. Sandie, I left a prescription for prenatal vitamins at the front desk for you. Please take one every day, even when you feel like you don’t need it. It helps you and the baby. I’ll see you for your next appointment then.”

The technician handed a copy of the ultrasound picture to the doctor and one to Urs. “Your baby’s first photo…”

“Thanks.” Sandie said, watching the doctor add the picture to the file before leaving the room.

“I’ll have the video ready in a minute for you. We record the entire process, so your copy should be ready in a minute… assuming you want a copy.”

“Oh yes…please” Sandie and Urs said together.

Sophie giggled again, distracting them a moment. “What?” Sandie asked, looking to Sophie and Adriana.

“She wants to play with her mommy’s finger baby.” Dimitri replied.

“What?” Urs replied, looking toward Adriana.

“That’s what she calls the baby… ‘finger baby.” Sophie answered, laughing. “I’m sorry, but it is so cute. I didn’t know how to explain the baby’s size to her… so I told her it was as big as the end of mommy’s finger. Dimitri, please help me explain this.”

“Oh, that is cute…. No, if that’s what she wants to call the baby that, it’s fine. But the baby is going to be bigger than that in a week, and even bigger as the time goes on.” Sandie said, laughing. Urs nodded, holding back his laughter.

A few minutes later, they were in the limo traveling back to the cottage. Dimitri held Adriana on his lap during the trip. He and Adriana were signing and laughing as Sophie would hold her finger in the air and move it around, occasionally touching her cheek or Dimitri’s. “Finger baby’ is playing with Adriana and giving kisses.” She explained.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:20 am

Chapter 56
Off To LA

While everyone else was gone, Simon and Cheryl took some time to be alone. As they sat on the sofa in Simon’s room, Cheryl glanced at the flowers blooming beyond the window.

“Simon, I wish I was going with you to LA….but at the same time, who will translate for Adriana? I guess her grandparents could, but what if it is something they don’t know or understand?” Her eyes glanced toward Simon, then down to her hands. “Simon… I know Urs and Sandie will take care of her… do what is right… best… and Jean knows what she is doing...but where does that leave me?”

“Cheryl… I know you have been everything to Adriana from the time she was born… and I also know Urs and Sandie are thankful for everything you’ve done for her… with her. Those feelings won’t change… and they shouldn’t. Cheryl… you have been all things to her… mother, protector, teacher, friend…when she needed it most. Why do you think it will change now?”

“…because she will be hearing after the surgery… She won’t need me Simon… or want me the same way. I know I’m supposed to be the adult here, but it breaks my heart in some ways. I’m not a selfish person… I don’t mean it like that… but… what am I going to do?”

“Cheryl… you are not a selfish person. Anyone saying that is lying. Second, what does Adriana’s hearing have to do with it? You are still her friend, teacher, and confidante. You hold her past… no one else has that…knows that like you do. Yes, so she has parents… and grandparents… but I don’t see where your bond with her changes. Hearing or not, she will still be there needing you sometimes. On top of which, we will have time too…if that is what you want.” Simon reached for her hand.

“Yes Simon… I do want that, but… I am concerned that I won’t know how to make my way… be of use. She won’t need me every day and Jean will take up a good amount of her time with therapy. I need to work… have something to do…I don’t know any other way, Simon. I can’t afford to go back to California; pay rent… all that until I find a job. It isn’t like they are going to keep me on out of the goodness of their hearts… and if so, I don’t know that I could let them. Nor, can I fly around the globe to be with you… I’m not made of money Simon… and I just….” Cheryl burst into tears.

“Why go back? Why worry about something that hasn’t happened yet and may not? I really think you are not out of the picture Cheryl. You are projecting way down the line. I understand the need to plan, but… you do owe yourself some time for you. I think all of us know that and realize that. You deserve a life… a good life, just as much as Adriana does. I can’t see Urs and Sandie tossing you aside… I really can’t. Now… let’s just focus on us, ok?” He bent down and turned her face to him and kissed her with a passion she had long forgotten she craved. No man was ever as important in her life as Simon had become.

“I need to freshen up before anyone comes back… I don’t want to upset anyone… especially Adriana.” Cheryl whispered, returning the kiss.

Simon kissed her cheeks where the tears had slid. Gently, he looked into her eyes. “I think you look beautiful.” As he kissed her again, with an increasing passion, they heard the car pull up outside. Cheryl’s glance toward the door concerned Simon. “One for the road?” he whispered hungrily, kissing her again. A moment later, they pulled apart and straighten their clothes. Cheryl fussed with her hair a moment as she walked to the bathroom before they went down to hear about the ultrasound. If all went well there, Adriana’s surgery would be in a few days.

Simon knew as they walked down the stairs that the distance between him and Cheryl would have to be resolved and soon. He didn’t want to wait to be with her till after she left Adriana in Jean and Sandie’s care. He would consider breaking his own rule of not discussing his private life on the way to LA.

Simon and Cheryl greeted everyone when they arrived. They both enjoyed hearing about Adriana’s new ‘Finger Baby’. Not long after, Simon and the others headed to the airport for the trip to LA.

Oh the last part of the trip Simon had a chance to sit down with Carlos and Sabrina to discuss his budding relationship with Cheryl. Something Simon had in common with Urs was being private about his relationships. It was bad enough his former relationships ended up in the news and gossip columns, but he wanted better for Cheryl.

“I don’t usually talk to others about my girlfriends or partners, but I really could use some advice here.” Simon said looking at the couple in front of him.

“Ok, what is going on Simon? You seemed nervous about something since we left.” Sabrina asked as she sipped at her Coke.

“Well, I think I am falling in love and I have never been so confused about what to do.”

Sabrina and Carlos looked at each other trying to figure out who the woman in Simon’s life was. They had been around him a lot and had not seen anyone come to the house or meet anyone that would be considered a partner.

“Ok, so do we know this woman or is it someone you’re hiding away in the deepest parts of the world?” Carlos joked at Simon.

Simon scowled back at him “Are you going to let me talk or make jokes?”

“Sorry, Please go on.” Sabrina spoke as she frowned at Carlos for trying to be funny.

“OK since I met Cheryl, there has been an attraction between us and we would like to explore it further. I know how Cheryl feels, so don’t ask. She and I are ready to move this relationship forward. But she is concerned with Adriana, Urs, and Sandie’s reaction.” Simon looked down at his drink leaving the two to think about what he had said.

After a few minutes Carlos spoke up and talked to Simon, “You love this woman? Then you two are old enough to decide what you want. I doubt Urs or Sandie would try to hold you back from what ever life you and Cheryl could have together… if that is what you both want. Just don’t hurt her Simon, or Urs won’t be the only one upset!”

“I agree Simon; Cheryl has given everything to Adriana and now it is time for the Buhler’s to be a family and Cheryl to finely have her own life. I wish you both the best.” Sabrina was very happy for them. She felt Cheryl would be the one to settle Simon.

“Thank you both for understanding, but please don’t say anything yet. Cheryl and I need to talk some more and we will tell the others at the right time.” Simon explained to his friends.

“We will say nothing on this subject. I think we have enough to deal with as it is.” Sabrina told him smiling.

The plane landed and they headed to the West Coast offices of Designs by SD. When they arrived, they were shown to the office of Katherine Demarco, the new Administrator and future chairwoman of the Board. They walked in and Sabrina introduced everyone. After turning down any drinks offered, they sat down to listen to what Katherine had to say. Instead, Katherine buzzed her secretary. A moment later, a beautiful young woman walked into her office. Simon and the others were introduced to Ms. Francesca Encantador, Katherine’s and Sandie’s new Personal Assistant. Francesca would be traveling back to Miami with them. Once there, she and Sandie would work on the listing for the Buhlers' new home in London as well as check on the progress of the new UK branch of Designs by SD. Both Simon and Carlos stood to greet her.

“Lovely… “Carlos said firmly.

“Carlos!” Sabrina looked at him stunned.

“No… that is what her last name means in Spanish… lovely.” Carlos stuttered.

“And in Portuguese as well…” Francesca answered, extending her hand. “It is a pleasure to meet everyone. Ok, I have my files in order, Katherine has brought me up to speed on what needs to happen short term and long term with Designs… I just need to have some insight into the Buhler family and I should be able to…” She pulled out a steno pad and pen, waiting patiently.

“Sabrina… she means business. I think she is just what is needed.”

“Ms Encantador… there will be time for that later. Katherine, what else needs to be done here?” Sabrina said, smiling as she shook her hand warmly.

“Just signing some paperwork… I’ve already sent copies of the latest reports to your respective emails. Simon, Fitz has drafted your document and sent it here via courier. If you could please review it, initial all but the last page, and sign the last one, we will have that formality out of the way.”
As Simon read and signed it, Sabrina, Katherine and Francesca discussed other details. Carlos listened intently as business was discussed in terms he was not familiar with. Simon cleared his throat, breaking the conversation.

“Ladies, Carlos and I are going to leave you to the work… we’ll be at the café across the street… unless you would care to join us for lunch. If so, it is not going to be a business lunch.” He winked at Carlos.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 11:37 am

Chapter 57
*Return to Miami*

Carlos and Simon had their lunch as the ladies discussed the information that Francesca would need to know about the upcoming trip to the UK. Sabrina also wanted to know more about this extraordinarily beautiful woman that was about to become a part of the Buhler’s life.

She had seen enough beautiful women to know that anyone that was a fan of the guys could be a threat to their relationships. Something Sabrina knew now would be a cause for alarm. She felt she needed to talk to Sandie and now. She excused herself and went to Sandie’s office, closing the door behind her. Leaning against the dark walnut door, she pulled out her cell, pressed the speed dial for Sandie’s cell and waited for her to pick up as she made herself comfortable behind Sandie’s desk.

After three rings Sandie answered...“Hello.”

“Hey sis, how is everything in Miami? How is Adriana?” Sabrina wasn’t sure how to approach the subject of Francesca, but decided on being straight forward.

“Everyone here is fine, is something wrong Sabrina? I didn’t expect to hear from you during the trip. Is there something wrong at the office…Simon…Carlos? “
I am not sure sis, but I am concerned about a few things.” Sabrina was tapping her nails on the desk and Sandie could hear it. She knew something was up since she only did that when she was upset.

“Ok stop tapping your nails and tell me what is wrong?”

“Well, first off… have you seen any pictures of Francesca or know anything about her?”

“Yes Katherine sent me her whole Bio and some Pictures; as well we have spoken on the phone several times. Why Sabrina?”

“Well aren’t you bothered by the fact she is beyond beautiful? And that she is a huge fan of your husband?”

“Oh so you think she is a threat to my marriage then?”

“Well it has crossed my mind, yes! Not that Urs would… just… well… ”

“I love you sis, but you have nothing to worry about with regards to Francesca and Urs.”

“So does Urs know about her? Has he seen her pictures and know that she is a fan of his?” Sabrina could hear Sandie giggling in the background. “SANDIE, are you listening to me?”

“Yes I am. I know you’re worried but you don’t have to worry. Urs understands and supports it fully. I have hired her to do certain jobs in the UK for the Company as my assistant. That is all Sabrina. When you get back, Urs and I will sit down with her and make sure she knows the ground rules…just like any other employee. Urs wants some of the responsibility taken off our shoulders…especially mine. It was what he suggested, and I agree. With Adriana’s surgery coming up and the baby later, I can’t do all of it – even with your help. Sabrina, business is business. You know that as well as anyone else. Urs knows there is a line as well. Francesca is a professional. She was hired for her ability to work, not what she looks like. I don’t see a problem here. Help me out…where is it?”

“Just don’t shrug off my concerns. It’s bad enough Carlos says she is Lovely.”

“Carlos called her ‘Lovely’? Oh my, bet that went over like a lead balloon.”

“Well he told me that her name meant ‘Lovely’ in Spanish. He didn’t actually call her that.”

“Well you know he loves you so please stop worrying about all of this. Enjoy your time with Carlos and let Urs and I handle Francesca.”

“Ok, but I don’t want to add to your problems, but I needed to give you a heads up on something you might not be aware of?”

“What is it?” Sandie was very curious what she was going to hear.

“Did you know Simon has fallen in Love?”

“Simon? No…who is the lucky lady?”

“Cheryl!”

“Our Cheryl? Where did you hear this? When? How? Wait a minute… are you trying to pull some kind of prank here?”

“From Simon, he spoke to Carlos and me on the way over here. He is worried about her.”

“Why worried?”

“Seems she thinks you and Urs are no longer going to need her when Adrianna can hear again. Simon wants her to stay with him. But she thinks she will be out of a job and need to move on.”

“Oh boy, now this is something Urs and I will need to work on before you get back so that we can put Cheryl and Simon’s minds to rest. Cheryl is and has been a part of Adriana’s life… I have no intention of changing that, nor does Urs. She will always have a place here, for as long as she wants.”

“Please don’t let on to Cheryl. I don’t think Simon told her he was going to talk about their relationship.”

“I promise we will handle it and no one will know that we spoke about it. Thank you. You know we love Cheryl and we won’t let her down.”

“Ok thanks. I like her too and she is a good person. I hope she and Simon have a great future together.”

“Well I will let you go so you can wrap things up and get back here soon. Now, please stop worrying and come back when everything is settled there. If it takes a few extra days, that’s fine. I just need this to be running smoothly again before we launch another project.”

“We are pretty well wrapped up here. Assuming there isn’t an issue with the jet, we’ll be there this evening. Bye”

Sabrina felt much better having spoken to Sandie. She went back to the meeting to see Carlos and Simon were there waiting. The ladies finished up and soon they were headed for the airport. Within the hour, the jet took off into the clear skies above. Simon glanced at some reports from the tour, but his mind recalled his time with Cheryl. He checked his watch again and sighed, hoping the reports would distract him. Francesca busied herself with the notes she had taken and used her laptop to begin her research.

Meanwhile back in Miami, Sandie checked on Adriana and Cheryl before looking for Urs. She found him in their bedroom lying down, but his eyes staring blindly at the walls as if deep in thought. She needed to talk to him about Sabrina’s concerns and that of Simon’s. It would be a full evening working out the problems that had surfaced while the others were in LA.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Chapter 58
*Working Out Problems*

Urs turned his head and looked at his beautiful wife. He couldn’t believe how much his life had changed in such a short time. He could also see Sandie had something on her mind. “Something wrong Liebe?” Urs asked as he took her hand in his, pulling her toward him.

“I got a call from Sabrina… seems she is concerned about a few things.”

“Ok, well tell me what is wrong; maybe we can work them out together.” Urs pulled her into his arms and rested his hand on her baby bump.

“Well she was very concerned about Francesca and the fact that she is a fan…an Uber specifically. Also she is very beautiful. She feels Francesca will try to come between you and I.”

“Does Sabrina believe I would look at another woman much less cheat on you? Is that the kind of man she thinks I am? Do you think that too?” Urs was very upset that this subject had come up after all they had been through with Isabella; he thought that they knew him better.

“No! Sabrina feels maybe Francesca has a hidden agenda. She trusts you… just not Francesca.” Sandie could tell this subject was upsetting Urs, but she followed their agreement of No Secrets!

“Well I hope you don’t think like Sabrina… that I would be drawn in by a pretty face? I Love You Liebe! And you know that, or at least I thought you did. Is this hormones or something else?” While they were talking, Sandie could feel Urs rubbing her bump; she could tell his mind was on the baby too.

“I know that you love me Urs and I don’t question your love or faithfulness. I am telling you what Sabrina felt from meeting Francesca. I think when they arrive we need to talk to Francesca and let her know the guidelines of her position… as a PA and her job with Designs By SD. She will have some contact with you, but she is my PA, here to help me.”

“Ok then we will discuss all of this with her when they get settled. We need to go over the files, pictures of the plant and the House we want to buy.”

“Good now what else has Sabrina calling you from LA.? “

“Seems Simon has taken a big bite out of the apple of love.”

“Simon in love… with who, or is it whom? I can never tell which one is correct. I didn’t even know he was seeing anyone.”

“Seems Simon has a secret romance blooming with Cheryl.”

“Cheryl…our Cheryl?” Urs was stunned by this news. He had not seen anything when they were together that would let on a romance.

“Yes he spoke to Carlos and Sabina on the trip to LA. Seems Cheryl thinks we are going to let her go since Adrianna will be able to hear after the surgery. She is thinking about what her future holds and thinks she needs to start looking for a new job.”

“So what does Simon have to do with her decision?”

“Simon and Cheryl have hidden their relationship from all of us. Not sure why, I think it is great that they have found each other. Anyway, Cheryl feels we are going to release her from caring for Adrianna.”

“But that is not true. I have no intension of letting her just disappear out of our daughters life. .. Do you? But, if she does leave us for any reason…the right reason… I want her to be a part of Adrianna’s life. She saved my…our daughter and I can never begin to repay her for such a selfless act.”

“I agree Urs. I do not want her to go either, unless for the right reason and of her choosing. It would be a loss to Adrianna if Cheryl left her. Adrianna has lost so much in her short life… I won’t let her lose anymore… I can’t. Urs, it may sound foolish or like something fictional, but I feel like the whole Isabelle thing, and Simon…us finding her was meant to be. Adriana deserves to be with the people that love her, including Cheryl. ”

“Well if Simon and Cheryl want a life together then I support that whole heartedly. They both deserve to be happy.” Urs smiled at the thought of his friend and Cheryl starting a life and hoped deep down they would be as happy as he and Sandie were.

“One more thing, Simon didn’t tell Cheryl he was going to talk to Carlos about their relationship…so please don’t mention it to Cheryl that we know. I have the feeling Simon just wanted to test the waters first…He knows the bond between Cheryl and Adriana. I have also seen how he enjoys being Adriana’s ‘uncle.”

“I will talk to Simon…alone… when he gets back and let him know we support them… both of them.”

“Good then maybe we can all rest and feel better. Then we can concentrate on the upcoming surgery.”

“Ok then we will handle both of these things when they return in the morning. Now what can I do for you my Love?” Urs pulled her tighter into his arms and kissed the back of her neck, causing sweet sensations to run through her body. She was so happy they had some private time to talk.

“Urs, I think the baby just kicked… put your hand here and be quiet a minute.” Sandie whispered, looking up at him warmly to catch his reaction. She slid his hand on the right side and took a deep breath.

“Why are you whispering? I would think the little one knows your voice.” Urs said calmly before waiting a moment.

“Say something… I think the baby likes your voice…is more active when you are talking.”

“Ok, what would you like me to say?” He knelt down and touched both sides of Sandie’s bump gently. “Oh little one, where are you? Daddy is here, waiting to meet you and tell you stories and sing songs… and play and learn… so many things to do, places to explore with your sister and mommy… and…” Urs and Sandie lightly gasped at the same time. As Urs lifted his eyes to meet hers, Sandie knew that he had felt the tiny flutter that she felt. “Has Adriana felt… does she… Oh my….” Urs seemed at a loss for words.

“I wanted you to be the first, other than me, which I wasn’t sure anyone else could feel yet… though Adriana is still curious about her finger baby.

“Liebe I have a question for you?”

“Ok what is it Love?”

“Are you happy with me? I mean we met and fell in love very fast and things have moved at a fast pace from the weddings to finding out about Adrianna. Now we are having our own child. Has this been too much for you?”
“Love I am a strong woman and I regret NOTHING that has happen except maybe the attacks by Dean and Isabella. The rest I would not change for anything. Yes we are having a baby a bit earlier then we planned, but I am happy and nothing is going to change that. Aren’t you happy with me?”

“I wouldn't change anything about our life either, Liebe… and I regret nothing about our life together. I will love you for all eternity, my Love.”

“Then we are not going to worry about the past and we are going to move on, looking forward to the future. I can’t wait till we get to see the baby; I want to know it is will be a girl or boy. I hope you don’t mind?”

“Nein, Liebe I want to know that to, I want to be able to pick out his or her name ahead.”

“We have just a week to go before we know Urs, and then we can make plans for the Nursery along with the rest of the house.”

Urs turned her to face him as he began raining kisses up and down her neck. He took her lips in a searing kiss that left them both wanting more. It was quite a while before they finished assuring each other of their love. Later they showered together and then dressed for dinner. As they finished, Urs looked out the window. “They seem to have arrived…perfect timing.

They finally met Francesca. Dinner was a great chance for her to meet the rest of the group. Francesca tried to make mental notes of each of the couples, as well as Adriana and Cheryl.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Chapter 59

Written By: Sandie

Later that evening, after everyone else had settled in for the night, Francesca stood on the balcony watching the waves ebb and flow in the subtle moonlight, as her mind formed and re-formed plans she hoped would be successful. She didn’t hear Sandie’s approach, only her offer for tea or coffee. Francesca smiled, “Tea would be wonderful…mint if you have it. If not, any will do.” She replied.
“I love mint too. It will be ready in a few minutes then, enjoy the view. I do. There is just something comforting about the ocean, the waves… I don’t know if it is one or both, but I do enjoy it too. Cream and sugar with your tea? Inside or outside?”

“Just tea, thanks… and outside, if you don’t mind. I understand the weather in the UK is not always this pleasant. I want to enjoy it while I can. Oh, I do have some questions and want to discuss some ideas with you, if it is a good time.”
“It is a good time, matter of fact, Urs and I wanted to talk with you too. Let me check on the tea and we can get started.” Sandie said, rubbing her stomach lightly… “I think the little one is hungry again. I feel like I am eating constantly and will look like a beached whale if I am not careful.”
“You are eating for two, but that doesn’t mean you have to eat that way…at least from what I’ve researched. Please, take your time and take care of the little one. I am going to get my netbook set up so I can take notes, if you don’t mind. I want to be sure I have all of the details covered as we move forward.”

“Great, thanks. I think I will grab some fruit as well as the tea. So about 5 minutes then?” Sandie headed for the patio door, not waiting for an answer.
Francesca glanced at the horizon once more before heading inside to retrieve her netbook. She turned it on to be sure there was enough of a charge left. Frowning, she grabbed the power cord and set it beside the mini-mouse she preferred to use. Looking around the room, she decided to take her steno pad as well as an extra pen. “I think that should do it.” She whispered to herself. “Nope, I need the folders too. “ She thumbed through a short stack of folders in her briefcase, biting her lip nervously as she scanned the tabs. “Might as well just bring all of them… who knows how far this may go.” Sighing, she returned the netbook to its place as well as the other items before grasping the well-worn handle of her briefcase. A moment later, she was outside, setting up her netbook and carefully placing the folders within easy reach. As she was finishing up, Sandie and Urs appeared with the tea and some fresh fruit on a tray. Urs waited for both ladies to be seated before setting the tray on the table. Casually, he took a seat beside Sandie as she poured the tea, offering him the first cup.

“Please, ladies first.” Urs motioned to Francesca and Sandie. Sandie passed the cup to Francesca before pouring two more. She passed one to Urs as Francesca sipped at hers.

“Is this Bigelow? Wow… that is refreshing… just what I needed. Thanks. Ok, if I may…”

Urs looked at Sandie before replying, “By all means…” taking Sandie’s hand warmly in his and kissing it gently.

“Thank you.” She took another sip of tea before continuing. “I want to be sure I understand the logistics of what you are looking for as far as the UK operations. How much space… special needs for equipment… will there be guest quarters in case they are needed… elevators… docks for pick-up and delivery of stock and supplies…or will this be straight office space to meet clients and present a public image and the actual factory will be elsewhere that is closer to mass transit? Are you planning on having retail space as well, or will this be marketed like the US version is now?”

“So much for Sabrina’s concerns…but I will keep it handy in case.” Sandie thought, as she reached for an orange, peeling it slowly, not wanting to appear too eager to respond. “I am not sure what the options are yet for commercial buildings in London, nor what the building codes are to make that assessment yet. Obviously, it would be more practical to have everything in one place, but that will depending on what is available and what the codes permit.”

“I’ve taken the liberty of checking out some of the properties in the greater London area.” Francesca reached for the folders with the red tabs. “The top 5 are available for purchase; the other two are lease with a purchase option. Square footage… is close to if not equal to your NY operation. As the UK is on a different electrical system, it would not be cost effective to buy US and ship it over, unless it is equipment that is too expensive to obtain locally or not available at all.”

Sandie thumbed through the pages carefully, selecting two and handing them to her. “Top two choices, based on your evaluation in person. Equipment purchasing is already in the works. You should be copied on those emails from now on. Agree, if we can keep it under one roof, great, if not, we have a Plan B. Operations will be identical to the US…no need for retail space at this point. If we do, it will be at another location. Let me know what you think, and we can go from there.” Sandie put the folder on a nearby table. “Next?”

“Your private residence… size, type or style… with some land or not…city or suburbs… out in the country or should I consider a combination… like a townhouse in the city and something in a quieter location…better for the children? Oh… will Adriana have any special needs I need to consider? Furnished…unfurnished? I need a few details on that please, so I can eliminate what you do not want.”

Urs rubbed his chin thoughtfully, watching Sandie nibble at the orange she had peeled. “My wife and I would prefer something in a quiet area…suburb edges without being full blown out in the country. Someplace that has a historic feel to it…but…not a landmark…not haunted or anything like that….close enough to the city to take care of business, yet far away enough to be able to relax and have our privacy. Does that make sense?”

Francesca nodded, reaching for the blue folders in her stack. “Ok, I had that feeling… these would be my top 10 choices. The first two have plenty of room, grounds and two guest houses and very classic design. The others do not have guest houses, but the land area would accommodate them if that is what you want. I can schedule a visit for the two of you whenever you like, but I would prefer to preview them first to determine whether they are physically sound and what you are looking for…unless you prefer to do that yourself.”

Urs reached for the folder and set it down. “We’ll take a look at these and let you know. Thanks. I want to take our time with the home… it deserves time and lots of consideration.” Right now, I think we should finish for the night…Adriana’s surgery is tomorrow afternoon, so I want to be sure Sandie gets her rest. It will be a busy day.” With that said, Urs took Sandie’s hand and stood up, not leaving any margin for continuing the conversation. “Enjoy your tea…there is more in the pot. Would you mind taking the tray back, or are you finished?”

“What I have is good. I’ll take the tray back, no problem. Good night and thank you for the information. If you don’t mind, I’ll enjoy the view a bit longer and type up my notes before turning in.”

Urs picked up the tray. “I’ll drop it off…it’s on the way. Thank you for the information, we’ll let you know about the house. When are you leaving for London?”
“Thank you. In a few days…I want to be sure Adriana’s surgery goes well first, in case other arrangements need to be made.”

“Good night then. See you in the morning.” Sandie said calmly, finishing the orange and wiping her hand on a napkin before disappearing through the doorway with Urs.

A few minutes later, they were in their bedroom. Sandie yawned before rubbing her baby bump warmly. “Do I look fat?”
Urs chuckled warmly, taking her into his arms. “You look wonderful… pregnant, not fat… glowing… what more could a man want?”
“Thanks.” She whispered warmly, enjoying his touch. “Ok little one, time for sleeping, not playing.” She could feel the flutter within her and hoped Urs did too.

The next morning Urs and Sandie awoke early. As they headed to the kitchen, they could hear the others chatting lightly. Adriana and Cheryl were still upstairs so Adriana would not be tempted to eat anything before her surgery. As Urs and Sandie entered the kitchen, the room quieted. Once they saw who was coming, the chatter resumed. To Sandie, it appeared to have a nervous energy to it, but she pushed that aside along with her own nervousness. It would be a few hours before they would leave for the hospital. Sandie was unsure how to spend the morning, whether it would be better to appear like a normal day or not. Her mind jumped from thought to thought, never really settling on any one in particular.
Urs chatted lightly with his parents in their native tongue, hoping Sandie would not understand the conversation as he explained his surprise to them. Sandie looked around carefully, not seeing Francesca. “Where is Francesca this morning?” She asked calmly.

“She is in the library working. I don’t think she slept at all yet.” Sabrina answered, passing the fruit to her sister. “Did you give her something to do already? Goodness Sis… you can be such a slave driver sometimes… guess it is the hormones kicking in again… “She giggled lightly, knowing Sandie would know she was joking.

The morning was filled with light conversation, each avoiding discussing Adriana’s surgery. None of them wanted to chance jinxing it in the off chance that was a possibility. Carefully, each of the couples excused themselves. Sandie and Urs retreated upstairs with his parents to be with Adriana and Cheryl. Soon, it was time to head to the hospital. Urs carried Adriana on his broad shoulders, hoping to make it an exciting event for Adriana. She smiled, happy to be taller than the others.

Thirty minutes later, they arrived at the hospital. After signing in, the nurse guided them toward the room for Adriana to use before and after the surgery. As they settled in, Dr. Cortez walked in to greet them. “Hello everyone…are we ready to get started? She didn’t eat or drink anything in the last twelve hours, right?” Sandie and Cheryl nodded. “Good. Ok, I am anticipating the implants will take about an hour or so; then we can focus on her vocal cords next. At this point, I have a colleague that will assist in that part. He is a specialist in that field and I trust him completely. He has reviewed the tests and x-rays, but cannot give me a firm timeline for that part, but we are estimating about an hour to 90 minutes. If it is longer, I will let you know. Shall we get started? Adriana, are you ready?” She spoke and signed confidently. Adriana nodded, smiling nervously, as she touched her ears. “Remember, we are only implanting the devices today… they will not be turned on until after she has healed completely, in case there is a problem….not that I think there will be, but that is the standard practice. Do you have any questions? No… ok. Adriana, I’ll be seeing you in our special place shortly.” She disappeared through the doorway and down the hall.

Thirty minutes later, Adriana was wheeled into the surgical suite and Dr. Cortez and her team performed the surgeries, while Sandie, Urs, Cheryl, Sophie, Dimitri, and Sabrina waited patiently. A few minutes later, Carlos joined them, taking a moment to whisper something to Urs. As he did, Sandie’s cell phone chimed, notifying her of an email. She checked who it was from and smiled as she read the message. She finished and tucked her cell back into her purse. A few minutes later, Jean arrived with Simon. Simon appeared nervous at first, but as he glanced around the room, he seemed to calm. Jean hugged Cheryl warmly. They chatted quietly in the corner, away from the others. Urs checked his watch for what seemed like the one hundredth time, trying not to pace or appear nervous himself.
“Is anyone hungry?” Simon said meekly, hoping to break the tension.

Urs looked toward Sandie. “You should eat something… even if it is something small…please…”
“I don’t want to leave here…the doctor could be back any minute… I can’t miss…”
Simon stepped toward her, “I’ll get you whatever you want. Name it…”
“I’m really not hungry, but it would be something to pass the time. How about… a salad…or soup….and some fruit. I don’t know what it is about fruit, but I can’t seem to get enough of it… grapes…oranges… Oh, and something with avocado in it… I don’t care…no, a whole avocado…yes, that sounds perfect… as big a one as you can find. “

“Got it…anyone else?” Simon replied. Soon, Simon had a list ready and was preparing to leave. Carlos offered to help him, but he declined politely before leaving the room quietly. Moments after he left, Dr. Cortez appeared at the doorway, still in her surgical scrubs.

“Good afternoon, everyone. Goodness… more people. “ Urs reached for Sandie’s hand, which felt oddly cold to him. He shook it off, deciding it was nerves. “Adriana’s surgeries went well. Her implants are in, her vocal cords have been moved slightly and the scar tissue removed. Once the swelling has gone down, we will have a better idea of the success, but we feel she has an excellent chance of speaking once the area has healed. It will be awhile before she will sound ‘normal’ to you, so don’t be concerned if it is comes across as deep or gravely.”
Urs and Sandie smiled broadly, holding each other tightly, finally daring to take a deep breath. “Thank you doctor….for everything.” Urs stammered.

“Don’t thank me yet. We still have a way to go. Adriana’s recovery will take months to accomplish…healing, turning the devices on, therapy… and, she won’t hear as we do, so some subtle sounds will not be recognized by her because the implants will not pick it up or her brain may not be able to translate them.”
Jean tentatively stepped forward. “Dr. Cortez, I am going to be Adriana’s speech therapist. We will need to talk to lay out her rehab plans. When would be a good time to get together to get this rolling?”

“Wonderful. I’m sure we will be spending lots of time on our patient then. Call my office in a few days and speak with Monica, she’ll set up a time and place. By then, we will know how to move forward from the surgery. For now, Adriana will be in the Recovery room at least two more hours. Mr and Mrs Buhler, you are welcome to go there any time you wish during that time, just know that she is still sleeping and will be most likely until tomorrow morning. If she does wake up, she will be sleepy and most likely drift right back to sleep. Unfortunately, only immediate family is allowed in the room…no exceptions. And, while it is great that she has so much support, we do need to limit the visitors…I’m sorry, but her chances of getting an infection are at its peak now and…while none of you have any outward signs…”

“We understand doctor…no need to apologize.” Carlos stated frankly. Sabrina nodded in agreement.
“Thank you for understanding. Now, are there any questions? If not, I have other patients I need to see.”
“Dr. Cortez, I’m sure you have everything under control. If anything comes up, we will be sure to ask. Thank you for stopping in.” Urs said, still holding Sandie closely, but extending his hand toward her.
She took his hand warmly and shook it firmly before leaving. As she disappeared down the hall, Carlos heard paper rattling in the hallway. He looked out and smiled. “Simon’s back. I’m going to give him a hand.”

A few minutes later, Simon and Carlos arrived with several bags. Simon looked nervously at the still empty bed. “Any news?” he asked.
“Yes, the doctor was just here. Everything went well. Adriana’s in recovery. It will be another few hours before she is back in here.” Sandie said, hoping it sounded calm. “Not to be rude, but I’m hoping you brought drinks. I’m so thirsty I could spit dust.” Carlos had set the bags on the table. As he looked over the items, he found a bottle of ginger ale and handed it to Sandie. “Thanks Carlos.”

“And… your avocado.” Carlos added laughing as he handed it to her. “It seems a bit crowded in here. How about if I see if there is a place we can sit down to eat since it is going to be a few hours before Adriana is back. Something near the room… but will give us more room.” Urs nodded.
“I’ll go with you.” Sabrina added.
A few minutes later, Sabrina and Carlos returned. “The nurses have offered their lounge to use. It is by the elevators, so if they bring Adriana up early, we will see her go by and the nurses will know where to find us. “
“Thanks. I think that is a good idea.” Urs added, clearing his throat absently.
Sophie and Dimitri picked up the bags and waited patiently. Both were saddened they would have to wait to see Adriana, but they understood the reason. They walked down the hall into the nurse’s lounge and put the bags on the table. Carlos looked around. “This is better than some of the lounges we’ve waited in while on tour.” Urs nodded absently, playing with the food set before him. He watched Sandie eat the avocado and wipe her mouth, sipping at the soda off and on.

“Ok, I’m full. Urs, you need to eat too.” Sandie said, rubbing her baby bump. “The little one seems content…at least for the moment.”
The others looked at the food, some eating, others just pushing it around the plate. Urs looked at his watch again, counting the remaining time. “Ok, I can’t wait any longer. Let’s go to the recovery room.”
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Chapter 60
Recovery

Urs and Sandie entered the recovery room quietly, trying not to stare at the blinking equipment that recorded Adriana’s vital signs in the dimmed light. The sight and faint smell of antiseptic sent a chill down Urs’ spine as his mind flashed back to the hospital room Sandie had been in after Dean’s attack. He swallowed hard and forced a smile on his face as he lightly squeezed Sandie’s hand. Sandie smiled at him warmly as she slid the back of his hand against her baby bump, feeling a slight twinge. The momentary diversion widened the smile on Urs’ face, but his eyes still reflected a distant look. Urs couldn’t settle himself fully until he saw his daughter. The nurse escorted them to her cubicle and left them alone with her. Adriana was sleeping as the doctor had said. Urs just needed to see her with his own eyes to know she was safe.

He pulled a chair over for Sandie on one side of the bed and himself on the other. He picked up one of her little hands and raised it to his lips kissing it. Then he closed his large hands around the tiny ones; he needed that contact.

Sandie sat and watch the many emotions running across his face. Strange just a few months ago he had no idea he was already a father. But to look at him now, you would have thought they had been together since her birth. He loved her that much and it showed in everything he did for her.

Sandie took her hand and rubbed her baby bump, day dreaming of when their new baby would join them in the family. She knew Urs was excited too. Last night before they went to sleep, they had looked over the pictures of the houses and had found the one they wanted. Unknown to Sandie, Urs had contacted Francesca and had her collect all the information on it and bought it.
He wanted to be ready to settle in as soon as they arrived in the UK. He had been on the road enough to know sometimes you got the feeling of being disconnected. He didn’t want that for his growing family. When they headed for the UK, Urs’ parents would be coming with them too. Dimitri and Sophie would help get the house set up and make sure Sandie didn’t overdo while Urs was away. Urs had planned ahead, packing all done, and would have it in the UK when they arrived.

His mind drifted to his wedding night when he discovered Sandie was expecting. It was the most wonderful news in his life, outside of Sandie agreeing to marry him. Then, finding Adriana made the circle complete. He thought about the concern Sabrina had about Francesca. She was a beautiful woman, that was not in doubt. But she would never come close to his beautiful and amazing wife. Sandie was everything and more to him. More than he dreamed he would ever find in a life mate.

Sandie began to feel tired and she needed to lie down. She had been on her feet a lot, worrying about the surgery. Urs didn’t want to take chances with her and the baby’s health. When the nurse came in to check on Adriana, he asked quietly where his wife could rest. The nurse led Sandie to a room adjoining the recovery department; she would only be a few feet away and they could reach her if needed. This was the only way Urs was able to get her to agree on the rest she so needed. After Urs got Sandie settled, he came back to his place beside his small daughter. He thought about how much he had missed out on without her in his life. But, he trusted Gott to know what was best and felt from now on that nothing would keep him and Sandie from giving this beautiful child a warm and loving family.

As he thought how she loved to listen to him sing to her every night, he could see her beginning to stir so he motioned for the nurse. Adriana was restless as she began to see the room around her, not understanding where she was or the equipment that continued to flash different lights off and on around her. The nurse looked at Urs, knowing who he was, and asked him to sing to her, helping to put her at ease. Urs put her hand on his throat and sang their song. He watched her relax and drift off again, knowing her Papa was there to protect her. Adriana drifted in and out of sleep for a while. Once she had woken long enough to drink something. Sandie had rejoined them by now. After an hour, the nurse took them to Adriana’s private room, where Urs and Sandie could be with her full time until she left the hospital. Cheryl and Jean were waiting just outside the door, not daring to go in until Adriana had returned. After the nurse moved Adriana into the hospital bed, Sandie, Urs, Cheryl and Jean whispered quietly as Adriana rolled onto her side and returned to sleep, glad the IV was no longer in her arm.

As they spoke quietly, Dr. Cortez came into the room, still in pale green surgical scrubs and a lab coat. She checked the chart again and explained the procedure further. Urs had seen the bandages on Adriana’s neck below and behind her ears. He wasn’t sure why it bothered him, but it did. Dr Cortez explained that was where the cochlear implants were inserted, but they were not turned on yet. They would be turned on once Adriana healed, as the swelling can affect the reception and what Adriana would hear. She also repeated that Adriana would not hear the same way as normal hearing people either. As Adriana had been deaf since birth, her brain would have to interpret sound first, and that can be confusing to some young children.

Jean nodded in agreement. “I understand completely. I’ve worked with many children with implants and each one reacts differently.” As they continued speaking, the nurse came into the room to check on Adriana and take her vital signs and check her bandages. She paused briefly near the group to see if there would be any changes in the orders for Adriana.

Dr Cortez shook her head and smiled. “If Adriana wants a drink or a popcicle, she can have that, but I don’t think she should try solid foods just yet. If she does well, we’ll get her a soft food breakfast, but not before. I don’t want her throat irritated yet as it may undo some or all of the surgery. Ms Harley, did you get the file I sent over?”

Jean nodded, “Yes, thanks. I’ve already formulated two options for her speech therapy that is based on her healing process. We’ll see how it goes and I’ll keep you posted.” Dr Cortez smiled and shook hands with Urs, Sandie, Cheryl and Jean before she left the room to see other patients. A few seconds later, Carlos popped his head in the room, motioning to Urs. The other couples had been waiting for an update. Urs filled them in, keeping an eye on Adriana as he spoke. Sandie, Jean and Cheryl continued to chat quietly in Adriana’s room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Divo By Design~*~    ~*~Divo By Design~*~   - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

~*~Divo By Design~*~
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next