Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
New World Tour Dates W/ Steven LaBrie Guest Singer
Latin Countries around the World till Oct 2022
The Guys Are On A Month Break. They Start Back On June 25, 2022 In Valencia, Spain
Saturday December 3rd UK Christmas Concerts Began. Ending December 16th In London, UK.
New USA Dates in AUG_SEPT, 2022 Look for Updates

~*~Someone To Love~*~

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat
Humor : I found it and as always the joke is on me!!

~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 76   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 6:34 pm

Mandi and Dori arrived at Westgate and began to explore the different shops and enjoyed a wonderful, leisurely lunch at Garfield’s Bar and Grill in the food court. They found a baby shop and started looking at Baby T-shirts. They found the sizes to fit the twins and Leila Elena in a soft, warm pink; it was a one piece T-shirt and snap together at the bottom. There was a store in the mall called “POP SHOP” that did air brushing and other types of wording on t-shirts. They took the t-shirts they had purchased to the shop and asked to have a comment written on them. The man asked for 1 hour to have them ready. The girls agreed and left to finish their shopping.

Sebastien was enjoying some Iced Tea and reading a bit when he heard Allie wake up crying. He went to the Nursery and picked her up, finding she needed changing. He took care of that, thinking she would calm down after having a dry diaper as she had before. That did not turn out to be the case at all so he carried her to the kitchen. He sat her in her bouncy holder and began to prepare a bottle for her. Just as he was headed back to feed her, he accidently dropped it and had to prepare and warm another bottle. By this time, Allie was very upset and began to scream loudly. Before he could get another one finished, Sebastien also noticed crying coming from the Nursery too.

He picked up Allie and went to the nursery. Yannic was awake and she too needed changing. Sebastien trying to calm her and Allie was just a tad more than Sebastien knew how to do. When he would lay Allie in her crib, she would cry harder; when he picked her up, Yannic would cry more. Putting them together in the same crib hadn’t worked either. After a few minutes of trying to calm both girls down without much success, he went to the phone and called David to come and help.

When David arrived, both girls were very upset and still crying, Sebastien needed to make more formula, so David stayed in the nursery with the girls, trying to calm them down. Within a few minutes, Sebastien returned with 2 bottles of formula. He picked up Yannic and David took Allie. They sat in the rockers, tucked a warm, soft blanket around each one before they began feeding the girls. Instinctively, they began humming while rocking. Both girls seem to love the music with their bottle and calmed down a great deal. David and Sebastien noticed the babies’ reaction to the humming, so they began to softly sing UNA NOCHE. As they listened to the song, drank the bottles, feeling the gentle swaying motion of the rockers, the babies both drifted off to sleep. As Sebastien looked at his daughters, he felt a wonderful sense of peace inside, knowing how wonderful it made him feel to have them both. He could sense how much they loved and needed him, as well as how happy they were in his arms. It wasn’t long before the girls had finished off the bottles, burped and back in their beds asleep, as little angels.
Una Noche
lyrics
La dama de mi amor
no ha llegado aún
la espero con pasión
sé que un día vendrá
no sabe que yo estoy añorándola
no hay tiempo que no esté adorándola

Qué hacer, qué ofrecer,
si rogar o implorar
porque al fin me llegue
quiero su amor una noche

El verbo de mi amor
no lo expreso aún
está sin conjugar,
no ha podido hablar
La noche que soñé,
ya la siento aquí,
sus pasos percibí,
no tardan en llegar

Qué hacer, qué ofrecer,
si rogar o implorar
porque al fin me llegue
quiero su amor una noche

Tengo un nido que está tibio
que nunca vio un amanecer
y en mis manos una estrella
que sólo quiere brillar para tí

Qué hacer, qué ofrecer,
si rogar o implorar
porque al fin me llegue
quiero su amor...

Qué hacer, qué ofrecer,
si rogar o implorar
porque al fin me llegue
quiero su amor una noche.

English Translation: Just For A Night
The lady of my love
has not arrived yet
I'm waiting for her with passion
know that she will be here one day
she doesn't know I am longing for her
there is not a moment in which I am not
what to do? what to offer?
if to beg or to implore
so that she arrives in the end
I want her love, just for a night
I can not express yet
the verb of my love
it is not conjugated
it could not speak

I still feel the night that I dreamt
I perceived her steps
they arrive in time

if to beg or to implore

the pain is lukewarm
and it never saw the dawn
and between my hands
there is a star that only wants
my soul to shout
if to beg or to implore
I want her love
if to beg or to implore

David had helped Sebastien save the day with the song. The girls went down to sleep in peace. Sebastien and David gently tucked the still warm blanket around each of the girls as they slept in their cribs and waited a moment before leaving the nursery.
They both needed a drink after that, so Sebastien served Ice tea on the porch. They talked and joked about what a mess the girls would think this had been if they only knew.

~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 Stld2ctee
Mandi and Dori finished their shopping and picked up the t-shirts at the shop before heading home. Dori couldn’t wait to see her girls and show Sebastien what they had found. Before getting in the car, Mandi and Dori hugged each other with glee at their surprise. The trip back seemed to take twice as long as their trip there.
Dori and Mandi were shocked to find the girls were sleeping and the house was fine. They really expected things to get way out of control. Both were very happy to see Sebastien had done fine, even after hearing about the afternoon, considering how well it all turned out in the end. Dori and Mandi knew him as a loving and gentle man. Sebastien now knew in his heart, when he looked at those girls, they could see the love of a father for his daughters.

Dori thanked David for helping out. When he left, he told Sebastien, “Call any time for a repeat performance… no charge… family discount ya know…” and they both laughed.
Dori couldn’t wait to show Sebastien the t-shirts and what was written on them. Once he saw them, he knew things were going to work out just fine with his idea.

David stepped off of the front porch of Dori and Sebastien’s house and strolled back toward the farmhouse. He still had a few hours before Suzie would be back from her shopping trip. As he rounded the bend in the pathway, now well worn, he decided to check on Camille one more time. He has kept Camille and her mother in an area to themselves as Walter and the vet had suggested. They didn’t want to be unkind, but they needed to minimize any bonds Camille would make as a youngster with the other alpacas, as they would have to be broken when she went to Spain.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 77   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 6:35 pm

David walked to the corner of the barn and saw mother and daughter together, content with their surroundings. She had seemed to have grown since he had seen her just that morning. He glanced at the still unfinished crate that would hold her during the trip. He took a moment to greet them, petting both warmly. A few minutes later, he stood and walked over to work on the crate again. As he picked up the hammer, he wiped the sweat from his brow against the sleeve of his tee-shirt. As he did so, he remembered the weight and warmth he had hours before holding Allie. The image still fresh in his mind… the smell of baby lotion and powder had lingered there as well. As he glanced over at Camille snuggled close to her mother, a thought came into his mind. He put the hammer down and returned to them. Rubbing his hand steadily against Camella’s neck, he let the idea continue to form in his mind. As he nuzzled Camille’s chin lovingly, he reached for his cell phone and hit the speed dial number for Suzie’s cell, hoping she had not finished her shopping yet. A few rings later, she answered. As they talked, he asked her to pick up a soft, cotton blanket and a travel alarm with a noticeable ticking sound.

“I can pick those up, no problem. Why do you want those things David?” Suzie asked curiously.

David hesitated briefly before answering. “They are for Camille… for her trip. The night before she leaves, we’ll put the blanket on Camella’s back as best we can for the night. That way, by morning it will have her scent on it. The alarm clock, I hope, will be a reminder of the heartbeat that Camille hears when she is with her mother. She will be frightened with everything going on as she travels... all of the strange and new surroundings. I want her to have her mama with her for that… at least, it’s the only way I can think of to do that. I also know Carlos and Cyd will be on the other end to replace her mother’s bond… it’s the time in between that concerns me right now. I can’t just stuff her in a box and think, out of sight, out of mind… I just can’t. I mean, she’s not human, but she does have feelings… right? Am I being silly?”

Suzie wiped away a tear before she answered. “David, I don’t think that is silly at all. The caring is one of the many things I love about you. I’ll pick those things up and be on my way. Give them both a snuggle for me. I’ll be home in about 90 minutes. I think I know exactly where I can find what you’re looking for. If not, I’ll call you.”

David agreed and closed his cell phone, content he had made the right decision.

Dori loved the night air, sitting on the porch swing, listening to the birds and the crickets in the evening and listening to the radio. The delicate balance would send her mind back to the days before she met Sebastien; how lonely she was back then, not knowing how much she was missing. Sebastien joined her on the swing as she was listening to a favorite old song by country star Tracy Lawrence.

“Paint Me A Birmingham”

He was sittin’ there, his brush in hand
Paintin’ waves as they danced, upon the sand
With every stroke, he brought to life
The deep blue of the ocean, against the mornin’ sky
I asked him if he only painted ocean scenes
He said for twenty dollars, I’ll paint you anything.

Chorus:

Well could you Paint Me A Birmingham
Make it look just the way I planned
A little house on the edge of town
Porch goin’ all the way around
Put her there in the front yard swing
Cotton dress make it, early spring
For awhile she’ll be, mine again
If you can Paint Me A Birmingham.

He looked at me, with knowing eyes
Then took a canvas from a bag there by his side
Picked up a brush, and said to me
Son just in this picture, would you like to me
I said if there’s any way you can
Could you paint me back into her arms again.

Paint Me A Birmingham
Make it look just the way I planned
A little house on the edge of town
Porch goin’ all the way around
If you can Paint Me A Birmingham.

If you can Paint Me A, Birmingham.

After the song ended she snuggled close to Sebastien and cuddled into his neck and chest. She was as happy as the first time they were together and more. Sebastien remembered those nights long ago in the hospital where they didn’t know if she would ever wake up. He too could understand the song very well. He knew he had his love and they would be together always. They sat and cuddled close for a long time, both happy and content in their never ending love for one another. Sebastien knew he had it all… together, they would make his idea and dream for others come true.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 78   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 6:37 pm

Written By: JJ
All for One and One for AMTM

AUG 21, 2008

Sebastien looked over at Dori and watched her as she fussed over the twins sleeping peacefully in their cots. He and Dori were amazed at the changes they both saw in their baby girls in the 7 months since they had been born. Both were becoming mobile and independent. Leila Elena was now 17 weeks old. She was just starting to show signs of her bubbly personality, like her mother, Cyd.

The guys were up on stage again, rehearsing for the show that would be one of the biggest of their lives. All of the guys had been working so hard to make this show happen. The girls had been there on and off as much as they could to help their husbands. It was starting to take its toll on the girls, who had rung each other in tears when the guys weren’t around to talk over how much they missed them, even though they were always physically there.

The guys were so grateful to have their wives by their sides and thought that they were doing the right thing by rehearsing so hard. Seb and the others were soon to find out that was not the case. They had also decided that since this would be Dori’s first time at an IL DIVO concert, and Suzie’s first time backstage, the girls should have some input into what went on with the concert to show them what touring with IL DIVO would be like. All of the guys knew just how important a role it was for the girls to play, to be involved in helping to make this concert the smashing success they wanted it to be. The months of discussions, planning, choosing songs, schedules, making travel arrangements, supervising the creation of sets they would use on stage, confirming other musicians’ arrivals and all the rest had been exhausting. Now, in the week that remained, there was no turning back.

Today was going to be another day of rehearsals. All of the guys were getting into being onstage, doing what they loved… performing. For them, it was a different kind of passion… one that only a performer can feel within themselves and other performers. The bond built between their years of touring was shining between them again, leaving some of the girls to wonder about their place in the IL DIVO world.

As they were singing “Dare to Live”, a beautiful Andrea Bocelli song that Sebastien had insisted they include, he saw that Dori had her head in Suzie’s shoulder and was crying heavily. David noticed that Suzie was also crying. They both dropped their microphones and rushed to their side, Seb grabbing Dori in his arms and David holding Suzie, rocking them gently until they had finished crying.

“What is wrong, Dori, my love? Please tell us what is wrong. You and Suzie are both crying heavily… what is it?” Sebastien asked Dori, concern in his eyes.

“Yes, please… what is it?” David asked, still holding Suzie close and rocking her.

“I think it is time we had a meeting, up at the farmhouse. We need to have a talk,” Siobhan said, reaching for Urs hand.

“Yes, it is. Do we all agree girls?” Cyd asked, seeing Carlos look at her with concern in his eyes.

Both Dori and Suzie nodded their heads as they still couldn’t speak. An hour passed as they walked to the farm house. Mandi and Matthew were taking care of the babies now, so there would be no interruptions, sensing a sudden urgency among the couples that needed resolved. The girl’s thoughts jumbling about what they would say and the guys about what they would hear. After the guys were seated, the girls got up to speak one by one, Dori starting first.

“Sebastien, my dear, when you first discussed with me the idea you had for the concert, I thought it was brilliant. Being able to help all those kids in poor countries have a better life than they have now, well, it is simply wonderful for you and all the guys to want to make that happen. We all love you for it. The thing is, the girls and I have discussed it and we all agree, you are wearing yourself out. We all know it is very close to your heart, as it is to ours. We are all trying to do our bit to make sure it goes smoothly, but you are not sleeping a great deal. I wake up and you aren’t beside me. I hear you rehearsing late at night when you should be sleeping…. and I worry about you… your health. I want you to talk to me and rest. You have been so worried about rehearsing lately, that you don’t give the guys enough of a break; you don’t take enough of a break yourself. I worry about you. You are my husband, and if you were to collapse…….” Dori was crying very hard by this stage, and could not go on. Sebastien wrapped his arms tightly around his sobbing wife.

Cyd took the floor next, and looked right at Carlos as she started to speak. “I love you Carlos my darling. You have made me very happy in the time we have been together and now we have our beautiful daughter to reflect that love to the world. As Dori is with Seb and I’m sure Siobhan is with Urs, Suzie with David, I worry about you and what you are doing to your health by not sleeping much and not taking enough time out to spend just relaxing… or spend time with Leila Elena. I am a grown woman and understand you have a job to do, but she doesn’t. You are going to burn out if you keep up with this pace, and I don’t want to see that happen. I don’t want that for you…. Or our child. I need to be selfish for her Carlos. I know you understand what that means... how precious that is and how quickly that time will vanish.”

Suzie spoke next, and knelt beside David’s chair. “David, you heard Cyd and Dori. I hear what they have said and I know the same thing to be true between us. I know you love being up on stage and I love to watch you up there. But with you doing the tour for Eternita and rehearsals for this concert as well, you are going to burn yourself out. I just want to see you happy, smiling and relaxed… not stressed that the little things aren’t going well with rehearsals. I sense the energy you feel, but I don’t understand it… I want to. Will you to help me understand… know, grow with you from that?”

Last to speak was Siobhan. “Urs, you are the love of my life. You make me the happiest woman alive and being married to you is a joy I never expected, not in my wildest dreams. That is why I want you to start taking it easy. You are also up through the night, pacing, singing, and rehearsing. When I talk to you, I see you are far away… thinking. I know, like Sebastien, Carlos and David, you want to see this concert come to life, but you need to take it easy. I miss you, just be with me as we were at our chalet … I want that back. I’m not jealous of your music or your passion for it. It is a part of you that I love, but please, please don’t let it consume all of you. Let the real you and all that it is, shine through. We, all of us, want to celebrate IL DIVO with all four of you… not for you.”

“Dori, I am so sorry. I didn’t realize… I would never have deliberately hurt you or our twins for the world. I promise you from now on, we will always have time together, as a family.”

Carlos, Urs and David agreed with Sebastien. Each made a private vow that from that time on, they would have private time together every day and from that time on, they did.

Written By: JJ
THE NIGHT BEFORE DARE TO CARE

It was the night before the concert. They were ready to do the final dress rehearsal. Earlier that day, each of the four couples had some private time together. Seb and Dori and gone on a picnic. David and Suzie went on a long drive. Carlos and Cyd had spent some time with Leila, whom Cyd adored. Siobhan and Urs had taken a long walk around the farm together, Urs picking a wild flower bouquet for Siobhan to enjoy. Each family had enjoyed the peace and quiet that they had grown accustomed to during the guys’ holiday from touring.

As it was such a lovely night with shining stars and only a light breeze, Sebastien and Dori had decided to put the twins in their stroller and walk to where the concert would be held. The stage was in the field at the very back of the farm. It was a huge field with plenty of gorgeous flowers of every color and name you could think of, from roses to daisies to sunflowers, and trees with leaves of the richest green. The stage was centered right in the middle of the field. In front of the stage were 500 seats that would hold the audience and media. Neither David nor Sebastien wanted to have the concert occurring too close to their homes, but wanted it close enough for the girls to come and go as they pleased or needed to take care of the babies. The babies could still have their quiet time to nap with little if any interruption.

“My love, tomorrow will be the first concert of IL DIVO I will have gone to. I have been to your rehearsals and watched you sing then, but tomorrow night will be an evening to remember for me. I am so very much looking forward to being there as your wife and supporting you in the first concert you will be doing as a married man.”

“Yes, I feel the same, Dori, my love. I know that these last weeks have not been the easiest for you, with our hectic schedule, me working so hard to make this happen and worrying too much about something going wrong. But through it all, you have been my absolute rock and I would not have wanted to do this without you. I love you, Dori. I can only hope you will enjoy meeting the fans and enjoy your first concert of IL DIVO. You deserve it, my pet, all of us do.”

They reached the others and Sebastien went off with the guys while Dori took a seat in the front row with the girls. Siobhan had been a tower of strength for everyone these past few weeks. If anyone had a problem, they would come to her. Once again, Sebastien and Urs had both relied on her. Sebastien thought she had been a godsend for both himself and Dori.

“It has been a very emotional journey, hasn’t it? Getting all this done… the rehearsals and with the girls as well?” Dori said to Cyd, who nodded her head in agreement.

“I know, Leila is just over 4 months old now. Yet with everything that has happened, it seems longer somehow.”

“Yes, the twins are now 7 months and it does seem longer. They are moving around so much. I love to watch Seb try to keep up with them… going in different directions, exploring everything.”

“Men are very cute when it comes to babies, aren’t they? Especially first time fathers… in women, it seems to be inbred somehow that we instinctively know what to do; whereas men need a little more practice. Carlos is the most loving daddy, except when he tries to change her diapers. I know I shouldn’t laugh, but it is so funny sometimes...“ The girls were still laughing when the guys came over.

“May we inquire as to what is so amazing?” Carlos asked, looking into Leila Elena’s stroller and cooing at his beautiful daughter.

“Oh yes, I was just telling the girls about you trying to change Leila’s diaper, and the expressions on your face. You are very funny sometimes. I was saying that sometimes men need a bit of practice with these matters.”
“I happen to think I am getting better at diaper duty,” Carlos said indignantly, puffing out his chest and wiggling his eyebrows which started the girls laughing again.

“Yes, darling, you are better, and you are a great husband as well.” Cyd said, standing to give Carlos a hug and a kiss.

“And how am I with diaper duty for the twins?” Sebastien asked Dori, looking at her in a way that made her heart melt.

“You are wonderful, my love. You are becoming a pro, and you are fantastic with feeding duties as well. You too are a great husband. I know both you and Carlos have been a bit worried that with you going on tour that you won’t be the best parents or husbands, but Cyd and I both agree you have nothing to worry about.”

“That is right, nothing. You are both doing wonderfully. We both know that as much as you both adore singing and your IL DIVO life, that if it come down to it, you would drop everything if we needed you. So you have both got to put that worry out of your minds. We have the linkup for when you go on tour. We will always be spending time on that, and when the girls get older we will have our turn with touring with you. So please, stop worrying, and let’s get on with the show.”

“Ok, men, we heard them...Break’s over. Let’s get up there and make this rehearsal the best yet,” Sebastien said, kissing Dori and smiling his dazzling smile.

They had planned it to be like this. They had 30 famous performers from all over the world; some country singers, pop, Jazz, classical, other opera singers and R & B. IL DIVO, as a whole, would be on stage for 8 of the 24 hours the concert would be running for. They would be on stage for two hours on, four off. The audience would have 4 rotations every 5.5 hours, meaning that one set of 500 people would see the concert for 5.5 hours then another lot of 500 people would be seated. Leaving 30 minutes to move the crowd out one side as the new group came in another. Each group would have a colored wrist band. The media would have a unique colored wrist band as well… one for reporters, another color for their crew. Security would know who was supposed to be there at any given time.
~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 Dtc
IL DIVO would be performing for each new audience as if at a regular concert. They were singing some of their songs, some originals that Sebastien had written, and covers from favorite songs that had been performed by their favorite singers.

The songs were sung again that evening, before the air cooled. Each of the guys, taking extreme care to not over-extend their voices, knowing tomorrow would be a true singing marathon for each of them.

As evening settled in, an inner calm mixed with tingling anticipation eased its way into all of the crew and family that had been there that evening. The microphones were carefully wiped down and returned to the crew. The stage lights were dimmed to total darkness as the curtain closed with a slow, steady swish.

That night, the girls sang the lullabies as the babies drifted off to sleep.

Let tomorrow begin.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 79   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 6:47 pm

THE MORNING OF DARE TO CARE - PART 1
Written by: Sandie Davis

*David and Suzie’s farmhouse*

Suzie awoke from a sound sleep as the alarm blared. Yawning, she turned it off and headed to the bathroom, hoping David hadn’t heard it. She wanted him to sleep in… something he hadn’t done for months. She knew he would have a very long day ahead and wanted him to be well rested. Quietly, she changed into jeans and a tee-shirt, carrying her sneakers in herhand. Softly, she closed the bedroom door and padded down the hallway. The smell of coffee in the air made her smile. It reminded her of David’s early morning routine at the farm. As she looked back the darkened hallway, she hoped once again, he was still sleeping. Quickly, she poured a cup of coffee for herself and Walter, turning off the timer and burner, knowing that she wouldn’t have time for more than one with the morning chores she had planned. Today was the concert, tomorrow it would finish, and David and the rest would need at least two days to rest up. With Walters help, they discussed the chores and planned the days to come. David wouldn’t have to worry about the farm; Walter and Suzie had covered everything imaginable. Smiling to herself, she picked up David’s baseball cap and put it on, tucking her long hair under it before pulling down the well worn brim. She was sipping her coffee on her way across the yard as the sun started to peek out. She stopped a moment to look at the sky, praying softly that the weather would continue to be nice for the concert.

Walter met her near the barn. Smiling at the sight before him, he waved, “Nice cap… doesn’t David have one just like it?”

Suzie blushed, handing him the other cup of coffee. “It is his. I wanted to have a part of him here, but still let him rest. He loves this farm, and he loves his music, but he needs to love his music more today. Did you see how his whole face just lights up like a Christmas tree when he’s singing? I’ve seen him on Broadway, but nothing this close… this… I don’t know what word to use… But it’s different… Not like the love we have for each other, but something just as special…“

Walter shook his head, adjusting his hat as he scanned the sky. “Thanks. Looks like it should be a nice day for it… and the knees aren’t aching, so no rain any time soon. I’ve made sure all of the alpacas are in the fields closest to the barn. I don’t want any strangers wandering in out of curiosity or the fans figuring out this is more than just the Anderson Farm. I respect his right to privacy… yours too, so this way it’s a win-win. It will also mean less running around for us to keep an eye on them. My nephew’s in… got in last night. He’ll be giving us a hand before he heads back to college. Your place is with David, so go… it’s covered. ” He sipped his coffee slowly.

“Walter… I don’t know what to say, other than thank you. I’ll make sure there’s a check ready for… what’s your nephew’s name? So let me know how long he’s going to be here, so I know how much as well.”

It’s Dusty… and no check needed… we made a deal. He’s going to ride and mend the fences in the fields closest to the concert to listen for free and I got him a ticket for the late night hours… that’s plenty… but thank you for offering. Oh, and he’s a big guy… can handle himself, so if there’s trouble… he’s there for you guys. Not that I’m expecting it, but as David says, a scout is prepared. He has a cell phone. So I’ll leave the number at the house later in case you or the girls need him for anything….not errands for girly stuff mind you… but well, you know.”

Suzie nodded as they continued to sip their coffee and chat. A few minutes later, she made her way back to the porch, carrying the empty coffee cups. Slowly, she opened the front door and stepped in. No sooner had she closed the door behind her than David appeared in the hallway, startling her.
“Good morning gorgeous!” he whispered, huskily.

Suzie smiled. “Morning, handsome… I was hoping you would sleep in… at least rest some with the concert today. I was…”

“I was all by myself… hmmm there’s a song in there…” David said, laughing, humming a few bars softly. “I missed you. I’ll rest after the morning chores are finished. I promise.” He stepped closer to her, reaching for the cap sitting on her head.

“Walter’s already started. He said his nephew, Dusty or Rusty… no Dusty is here to help out while you’re busy with the concert and resting up. I had gotten up to help him, but he said it’s all under control. So for us, those morning chores are finished… “Suzie said, setting down the coffee cups. “ How about taking that ummm rest now?” She looked innocently into his eyes with a light blush to her cheeks.

David smiled again as he took the cap off of her head and watched her long hair tumble down beyond her shoulders. She wrapped her arms around his waist as he kissed her deeply, before replying “After you Mrs. Miller.”He lightly tossed the cap on the table beside the empty cups. They strolled arm in arm back the hallway. Softly, he closed the bedroom door behind them before giggles erupted.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 80   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 6:48 pm

The cabin rental in the mountains nearby*

Urs had been watching Siobhan sleeping beside him. His mind raced with the words of the songs, his heart pounding to the beat of LVSA. He closed his eyes and tried to rest, knowing he would be tired later with the schedule they had set. As he did so, Siobhan snuggled closer, resting her head on his shoulder. He smiled as he wrapped his arm around her, holding her close.

“What’s wrong? Can’t sleep?” Siobhan whispered softly. She had been with Urs before when IL DIVO had toured. She knew the idea of performing was exciting to him, but also knew he needed to rest.

Urs nodded slowly. “I know I need to rest… but there is so much to do… so much to remember… “

“Shhh Urs… save your voice. We both know you’ll need it later. I think I know what you are going through. But it’s you performing, not me. You know the words, you know the notes, you know the moves… you have the whole schedule in your head. There is nothing else to be done but rest now.“

“I know, but I have all of this energy now… I can’t put it in my pocket and save it for later. I don’t work that way…don’t know how to do that. Maybe a walk will help. You stay here… I’ll be back.”

“May I go with you? I know you’re a very private person, darling, but I don’t want you to be alone when you’re like this. If you don’t, I understand… I’ll wait… but please?”

Urs thought a moment, letting his fingers trace the outline of her lips, before nodding. “Yes, that would be nice. Thank you.” He kissed her forehead softly.

Both got out of bed and dressed quickly, Siobhan strapped the fanny-pack to her waist that held her camera. As they stepped outside, Urs reached for Siobhan’s hand, holding it gently in his. Instinctively, his eyes searched the mountains… hoping to take a deep breath and relax. It wasn’t quite light enough outside for them to find a trail to hike in the woods, but Siobhan had noticed a small pond down the road when they had come in the day before. Pointing in that direction, they headed toward it.

As they walked silently, Siobhan could sense the excitement building again in Urs… knowing he needed it, but not wanting it to fade too quickly. He was the type that needed little sleep, but this was more hours than she thought he had imagined. She had calculated it enough times in her mind now that it had become a parade of numbers, marching along to its own beat. Somehow, it seemed to keep her calm, hoping Urs would sense it and calm down himself. As they reached the crossroads, Urs could see the primitive, wooden dock at the waters edge with the mountains looming in the distance. He paused a moment to let it sink in.

“I saw this the other day, Urs and it reminded me of…” Siobhan started to say, but stopped, seeing the look on his face.

His eyes widened and glimmer in the morning light as the corners of his mouth turned slightly. “How did I miss this? How could I have missed it?” He looked at Siobhan, turning her toward him. “It’s like….”

Siobhan nodded, reaching for the pendant on her necklace and touching it lightly. “Not as big…No snow on the mountain tops, but yes…” She whispered softly before kissing him.

His hands reached to hold her face lightly, kissing her deeply. As their lips parted, he smiled broadly. Something Siobhan hadn’t seen the last few days with all of the traveling and rehearsals. His thumbs lightly rubbed her cheeks before he kissed her again, letting his mind drift back to the first full day of their honeymoon. Siobhan could feel his shoulders relax slightly. A moment later, they walked to the dock and looked at the water beyond. Hesitating only a moment, Urs stepped on the boards of the dock, keeping Siobhan behind him. As he stepped toward the far side of the small dock, Siobhan could sense the change in him. When he knelt down and let his hand tentatively reach for the water surface, she knew he would be able to relax a bit before the concert started. For now, there was just the sound of the birds in the treetops singing their early morning greetings, the occasional soft swish of pebbles skimming across the smooth pond surface, and the impromptu quick series of clicks from Siobhan’s camera.

An hour later, Urs took Siobhan’s hand and said, “Suddenly, I’m so tired. Can we go back now?”

Siobhan put her camera away and smiled. “Yes… I think it’s time you rested.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 81   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 6:49 pm

Woodfield Inn across town*

Cyd peeked out into the dimly lit living room to check on Leila Elena before she took a shower. Carlos was sleeping soundly, with the blanket carefully tucked under his chin. Luckily, she was still sleeping. The time changes that had reeked havoc with her sleeping schedule no longer seemed to be a problem. For now, it seemed she was back to her usual self. Taking a deep breath, Cyd crept back to the bathroom to take her shower. When she was finished, she would pack a few things into a day bag for Leila Elena including clothes, diapers, formula, and toys. The baby food was already at Seb and Dori’s so that was one less thing she had to think about.

As she walked into the bathroom, she changed her mind and started to run a bath. She turned the volume up on her mini-Marin monitor so she could hear Leila Elena if she woke up. She poured in Rose-scented bubble bath, her favorite, before she slipped out of her nightgown. She pulled her long, dark hair up, securing it with a butterfly clip. Soon the tub was full and Cyd eased into the steamy water, breathing deeply. As she rested, she thought about the long day ahead. Carlos had seemed calm on the outside, but something was bubbling, just below the surface. She couldn’t quite put her finger on it, but it was something.

She started to hum to herself… the song Carlos sang to Leila Elena every night before she would go to sleep. As she did, her mind went back to the first night at the hospital when Carlos thought she was asleep. She smiled to herself, knowing how proud he was of their child. Continuing to hum, she didn’t hear the bathroom door open or Carlos tip toe inside. Suddenly, his voice softly matched hers as he undid the butterfly clip from her hair. He stopped humming as he watched her wavy dark hair cascade over the rim of the bathtub.

Cyd’s eyes popped open and she started to sit upright. His warm hand on her shoulder and the smile on his face told her otherwise. Carlos laid the clip on the vanity before he turned back to her with a light blush to his cheeks. By now, Cyd had stopped humming and watched him. Hearing the quiet, Carlos continued to sing the song softly to the final words before he kissed her deeply. As he did, Cyd pulled him close, covering his shoulders with bubbles.

“I love the smell of roses Querida, but not on me… it is much lovelier on you.” He whispered softly.

Cyd giggled, doing her best to wipe them off as Carlos continued to kiss her softly. “Shhhh or you’ll wake our sleeping butterfly. Hey, Urs had a beard during the one break… how do I look with a little beard? “He said, scooping up a handful of bubbles and putting them on his chin. He wiggled his eyebrows as Cyd giggled again. “I love that laugh… you need to laugh more often. I feel like you are overwhelmed with babies these days… our little butterfly, Twinkle, Camille… is it going to be too much for you? I wanted to fill your life with happiness, yet it seems to be so… ”

Cyd touched his lips with her fingers. “Carlos, I love our child, Twinkle, Camille, and all of the animals at home. I miss the animals now, but they are safe. We will give them a good home… lots of love… and they will be there when we get home. Our home… it is so special Carlos… and Leila Elena is our beautiful little girl. There is so much love there, my heart is full. Please, don’t worry… there will always be love waiting for you when you come home from touring. Keep that in your heart… we love you. Leila Elena will know who her father is… what a great man he is whether you are at her side or not. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Music is your life Carlos… it doesn’t age as we do... it is timeless.”

Carlos kissed her again, rubbing her cheek as he stared into her dark green eyes. As he did, the monitor seemed to come to life. Cyd tried to sit up, but Carlos stood, “Stay and enjoy your bath… I’ll get our little butterfly for the moment. Come out when you are ready… but not looking like a prune… ok?”

Carlos stepped out of the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Cyd could hear him greeting this daughter as she quickly finished her bath. As she tugged on her bathrobe, she checked the mirror before opening the door. When she walked into the bedroom, her eyes filled with tears and a smile broadened on her face. Carlos was propped up in the bed with Leila snuggled on his chest, as he cooed softly to her, “Your mama is such a wonderful women. I love her so much… and you too, mariposita (little butterfly). I know you will grow up to be just like her. And someday, somewhere, the man of your dreams will sing you a song that will be more special than ours. But know, that I loved you first… and the longest of all of the boys and men that will be in your life. “

Cyd crept out of the doorway and grabbed her camera from the bag on the table. Quickly, she sped back and took the picture of the two people she loved the most in the world. As she checked the digital display of the photo, she smiled again, before wiping away a tear. She laid the camera down and joined them for a few moments before Carlos went to take his shower. In a few hours, they would be driving across town to the farm house. It was going to be a great day after all.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 82   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 6:51 pm

*Seb and Dori's house*

Dori had spent the night between the nursery with the twins and in the bedroom with Sebastien. She too wanted to be sure he rested. It had been more of a struggle to get him to sleep than the babies. As the morning sun streamed into the kitchen window, Dori checked the refrigerator once again. She had stocked it with drinks, sandwiches, salads, and snacks. Closing the door firmly, she checked the counter and counted the jars of baby food again, making sure there would be more than enough for the twins and Leila Elena for the day. The rest were tucked away in the pantry. Checking that off her mental list, she walked down the hallway and folded the last few clean clothes for the twins, shaking her head again at how much they had grown, hoping the tee-shirts would still fit. She and Mandi had gotten them months before a few sizes bigger than what the twins had been wearing at the time. Now Dori wasn’t sure. Hesitating just a moment, she pulled them from the basket and held them up to one of the tops she had just washed. The tee was slightly bigger. Dori sighed, re-folding both and putting them into the laundry basket.

The hand-held monitor in her back pocket caught her attention. As she listened again, she turned quickly and padded up the stairs. While it was still dark outside, she had turned off the monitor that he used, hoping he would sleep without distraction.

A moment later, she was in the nursery. Yannic was giggling and trying to clap her hands as Allie jabbered away gleefully. As they sensed the mother coming near, both stopped to look toward the footsteps, smiles erupting as soon as they saw her face.

“Good morning girls… are you ready for daddy’s big day? She picked up Allie and sat her on the floor. Soon, Allie was crawling about, glad to have more room than her crib to explore. Yannic was next and equally happy to wander off in a different direction as well. As Dori watched them, she continued to talk to them. “First, we’ll have a nice breakfast… some fruit and veggies… then, some play time… then a quick nap before lunch with the guys and little Leila Elena. You’ll have a playmate today while daddy’s busy singing. Oh… but don’t worry, even though you can’t see him, he will be thinking about you all day… and how much he loves you. He is so very proud of his girls. He is such a good daddy isn’t he? I think so.”

Dori talked to them softly, hoping she wouldn’t wake Sebastien, sleeping down the hall. What she hadn’t realized was that Sebastien had heard her coming up the steps, but hadn’t opened the door. He knew she would be upset if she didn’t think he was resting. He wanted her to be calm and strong… it was something he needed to rely on… today more than any other day. Listening to her made him smile, as he stood silently in the hallway, not wanting to interrupt at the moment.

“I think we should look especially pretty today girls… and we’ll save the special outfits for just before the concert… maybe after lunch as we don’t want them covered with food now do we?” Dori continued. Yannic and Allie both stopped to giggle a moment, before crawling over toward Dori. “So, this morning shall it be yellow or green today? Hmmm which one? Yellow like the sun or green like the fields… What do you think? “ Dori giggled and shook her head, opening another drawer to pull out some socks. “Like you can tell me…”

Using a funny high pitched voice, Sebastien said, “I want to wear a purple one… no a blue one…”As he stepped into the doorway, laughing. It was his Peek-a-Boo voice that the twins always seemed to giggle at.

Dori jumped and looked toward him blushing. “Oh, you are up. I’m sorry, was I too loud?”

Sebastien shook his head. “No, I had been up… just hiding so I wouldn’t get into trouble with you. I know…I know… I should be resting. But it’s a beautiful day and I want to spend some time with my girls before I go to work.“ He walked into the room and sat down in the middle of the floor. Turning his attention to the twins, he covered his eyes with his hands and waited a moment. A few seconds later, Yannic’s tiny hand was reaching for his arm, touching it lightly. “Peek-a-Boo… I see you!” He said in the funny voice moving his hands away.

Allie squealed with delight as she crawled toward him, abandoning the teddy bear that had occupied her attention seconds before. As she came closer, he covered his eyes again and waited. This time, both girls touched their daddy, as he looked to them repeating the words with the funny voice.

Soon Dori joined in. “Yannic, Allie, where’s daddy? Where is daddy? Do you see him? I can’t see him… can you?” In a matter of seconds, the family was laughing and giggling on the Nursery floor. Thirty minutes later, she stood saying. “Play nice with daddy while I start to get breakfast ready.”

Sebastien stopped her a moment, reaching up to kiss her hand softly. “How about we continue this downstairs so mommy doesn’t have so far to go? “
Dori nodded. Twenty minutes later, the twins were dressed and sitting in their high chairs having their breakfast, wearing more than they had eaten.
Sebastien and Dori watched the girls try to eat by themselves, helping out now and then as needed. Before long, the girls had tired of trying to eat by themselves and were willing to be fed. It had given Sebastien just enough time to finish his coffee and toast. Dori was still nibbling on hers off and on.

Sebastien smiled, “Come on girls… you want to grow up to be big and strong like daddy and mommy right? You have to eat… and so does mommy. Let’s show mommy how much you can eat.” As he spooned another bite into Allie’s mouth. Yannic shook her head and refused to eat any more. Dori laughed, wiping her face.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 83   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 6:52 pm

color=purple]THE MORNING OF DARE TO CARE – PART 2
Written by: Sandie Davis [/color]

The members of the IL DIVO family each checked their watch, as if on cue. Carefully, Carlos and Urs packed a few things into an overnight bag that they hoped would get them through the rest of the day. Cyd had already packed a large duffle bag for Leila Elena with all of the things she thought their daughter would need. A smaller overnight bag sat beside it, holding a change of clothes for Cyd, her digital camera and the portable printer for the camera. Siobhan watched Urs as he packed a few things, knowing the process would help him prepare as much as warming up his voice. She had seen it before, knowing it was the first step in the preparation process for him.

Carlos and Urs would be coming from opposite sides of town, meeting at Seb and Dori’s for lunch before heading to the concert site. With a big sigh, each solemnly closed their bag, closed their eyes, and whispered a quick prayer. Moments later, Cyd, Leila Elena and Carlos were on their way. Urs and Siobhan took a moment to stop by the pond, before heading out of the mountains toward the farm. It was a silent trip for both of them, the guys still in their jeans and shirts, donning their sunglasses, as much to try to blend in as to mask the thoughts going through their minds.

At the farmhouse, David was taking a shower as Suzie finished icing the cake she wanted to take for the pre-concert lunch. He let the water run over him along with the words, notes, and steps for the concert. It was the ritual he had used before and was comforted by. Not that this was just another musical job, but the mechanics of reviewing it helped occupy his mind and prepare it for the hours ahead. “This wasn’t going to be a Broadway play… regular concert… opening performance for another band… or guest appearance… this would be their Olympics.” David smiled at the thought of it, “their marathon… triathlon… pentathlon…combining everything we have done as individuals and as a group”. He turned off the shower, listening to the water slowly gurgle down the drain. Stepping out, he dried quickly, taking a long look at his face in the mirror. “One bite… no, megabyte at a time...” He whispered, smiling contently, before turning off the light and heading to the bedroom.

The twins were taking a late morning nap, so Seb busied himself with the words he wanted to say today. He had already written them more than a dozen times… once again, not quiet satisfied he was saying the right things. Dori’s suggestion from weeks ago echoed through his mind, “Speak from your heart Seb… it has always been what needs to be said… follow your heart… the words will come from it.” He picked up the pen and rolled it in his fingers again. Nothing new seemed to come to mind. Needing a distraction, he checked the forum, watched some of the fans posting about the concert and what channel they would be watching, sending wishes and greetings for the day ahead. It made him smile. The memories of concerts past flooded through his mind, as his shoulders squared. He thought about the crowds, the reactions, the energy...hoping it would be there with the small crowd that would be with them. The audience would be world-wide, but only a few, plus the media, would be seated in front of them. The surge of excitement began to build in him… quickening his heartbeat. As the memories continued to build momentum, his breathing quickened, relishing each concert and the unique personality each one had, seasoned by the different countries they had visited. Thirty minutes later, the memories vanished, as Sebastien answered the door.

Within a few minutes, the IL DIVO family was united once again. Greeting and hugs shared, babies cuddled and fussed over. As the girls gathered in the kitchen to get lunch together, the guys remained in the living room, keeping an eye on the children as they chatted easily about their mornings. Seb glanced over at the stack of papers still sitting on the desk. Standing, he walked over and picked them up, scanning the pages again.

Carlos picked up on the look he saw on Seb’s face. Handing Leila Elena to Urs, he straightened his pants and gently cleared his throat, before walking closer to him. “Sebby, I can read your face like a book. You… we…all of us… are doing this because we care. It’s not the money we need to think or worry about. If it is to come, it will come. All we can do is be ourselves.... nothing more, nothing less. If it is meant to be, it will be. Enjoy the concert… enjoy the music… enjoy the day.” He put his hand warmly on Sebastien’s shoulder and smiled. Sebastien nodded, still staring at the pages.

David continued to watch Allie and Yannic contently playing on the floor. “Carlos is right. We are here for our fans, because of our fans… to help a great cause. You know as well as all of us, what that bond is Seb. Trust in yourself, us… and the fans. Like the line from ‘Field of Dreams’ if you build it, they will come. We’ve built it…. they are coming.”

Urs, making funny faces at Leila Elena, perched on his lap, “Sebastien… Seb… we’ve gone over the schedule a hundred times, planned, re-planned, and practiced until each of us can perform it in our sleep. What more can there be to do? We’ve covered everything from every possible direction. We need to stick to the plan, stay on schedule and it will work… there’s nothing boring anywhere in the whole thing… nothing. We will be with our fans… the fun part of what we do… what more do you want? And they say I’m the perfectionist… Ha!”

Sebastien nodded, putting down the pages and taking one last look at the forum as the ever growing number of member names and numbers appeared at the bottom of the screen. Tempted as he was to post a message, he waited… wanting to see how the events planned would unfold. Mentally, he had prepared two posts… the first, a thank you to the fans and those that supported the concert; the second, an apology to the fans for the concert not being the success he had hoped it would be. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and prayed he would not have to use the second one. A moment later, he firmly closed the lid to his laptop.

Suzie stood a moment in the doorway, watching the guys stand together quietly, before she interrupted the awkward silence. “Lunch is ready if you’re hungry. And cake and cookies for dessert.” She disappeared back into the dining room to be with the girls. Startled, the guys seemed to come to life again, each looking at their watch to check the time before gathering the babies and heading to the dining room to join the girls.

Soon everyone was seated and chatting easily. As they finished, Urs and Siobhan excused themselves from the table a moment, re-appearing seconds later with a bottle of champagne and a tray of glasses.

After he ceremoniously popped the cork and filled the glasses, Siobhan passed a glass to each of them as Dori filled the sippy cups with apple juice for the twins and Leila Elena. Urs continued. “ To the IL DIVO family, the brothers we have become, the growing, loving family with us, the fans that some have become as close as family, and the magic we have created together… Il Divo, Ancora, Siempre, and now Eternita… Our Some day, some where, some how has arrived. Let us never forget it and cherish it always.” He raised his glass, followed by the others as the babies looked on. As the adults took a sip of champagne, the twins watched with curiosity, reaching for their cups as well, but tapping them soundly on the tray table instead.

Urs laughed, “See, some of the family seems to agree with me. The next Il Divo generation wants to have a word now.”

Laughter seems to spread around the table as Dori blushed and quieted the twins. Soon, they finished the champagne and the dishes and food were cleared away. The babies were changed into their special concert tees and all of the guys beamed at the sight of them.

The girls gathered a moment in the kitchen as the guys took the babies back to the living room. In a few minutes, the limo would arrive to take the men of Il Divo to the concert site. The girls would come once Mandi and Matthew arrived. Dori and the others had wanted Mandi and Matthew to join them for lunch, but Mandi politely refused, saying it needed to be a time for just them before the concert. They would be arriving thirty minutes after the limo and would stay with the babies so the girls could be at the concert for the opening.

As a subtle quiet crept over the house, the babies drifted off to sleep one by one. Moments later, the girls joined their husbands in the living room, each taking their place beside the man they loved. As soon as Dori heard the crunch of gravel in the driveway, she took Sebastien’s hand in hers. The others did the same, each taking a deep breath as they did so. Suzie looked toward the doorway, where the bags sat waiting like sentries at the door. As the limo crunched to a stop outside, they stood up; Sebastien taking Dori in his arms, David with Suzie, Urs with Siobhan, Carlos with Cyd. Each one blocking out everything else as they looked deeply into their wives eyes before they kissed them. Each of the girls smiled weakly before reaching toward the guy’s left hands. Carefully, each one took their husband’s wedding ring off and cradled it in their hand, knowing rules were rules: No wedding rings at the concerts. Looking at the confusion on the guys faces, each whispered… “We’re still married. I still love you… I understand. Now, be with your fans… enjoy them as you always have, we know we are still in your heart.”

Sebastien, Urs, David, and Carlos looked from their now empty left hand to their wife and back again; each one feeling an emptiness as well as acceptance of what had just occurred. Quietly, they held their wives warmly, before looking to the other for the cue to leave. The cue came by way of the horn outside. Another quick kiss and the guys disappeared through the doorway, followed soon after by the light trail of dust as the limo sped away.

Each of the guys would have a small trailer to use for wardrobe changes and to rest. The girls knew which one was to be used by each of the guys, so they wouldn’t have to be marked for the fans to see. Each had an entrance from the stage so the guys could get there to change quickly and a rear entrance, manned by security, for the girls to come and go as they wanted. The suits they would wear for the concert were already at the site, sitting quietly in the garment bags, freshly cleaned, but still holding the memories of the two prior year tours. The trailers were identical in every way… something the guys were used to with touring… the sameness that calmed them… joined them… yet gave each their own space.

As the limo pulled up, each of the guys looked once again at their empty left ring finger, closing their hand firmly and tucking it under their knees, out of view. Shoulders squared, they got out of the limo, grabbed their bags and headed to the empty, unlit trailers that would be their refuge for the 30 or so hours.

Meanwhile, the girls wiped away their tears and lovingly touched the outer rim of the wedding band still nestled in their hand. Looking at each other with a nod, they carefully slid their husband’s wedding band onto the thumb of their right hand for safe keeping.

With that finished, they huddled close to each other a moment as Siobhan said, “The hard part is over now. We are together as sisters as much as they are brothers. Together, we will see it through. All for one and one for all, just like the Musketeers.”
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 84   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 6:57 pm

DARE TO CARE - THE CONCERT BEGINS
Written by: Sandie Davis

David, Urs, Sebastien and Carlos stared a moment at the stark contrast of the non-descript trailers behind the stage compared to the mountains and quiet beauty surrounding them. The scene reminded them of what they were feeling – the mountains and scenery the family just out of reach and the boring business of preparing for their performance standing before them. What the girls had said and done moments before still hovered in their minds, looking for a place to land. The guys nonchalantly opened the
door and tossed their bags inside. The slivers of light from the partially closed blinds created an eerie effect that that reinforced their confusion. Dismissing it for the moment, they closed the door and walked around to see the empty stage.

At this point, the first crowds were being contained by the barricade at the perimeter of the concert area. Seeing the eager faces waiting patiently for any sign of the guys seemed to set the concert in motion again. Flanked by the first security team, the guys smiled to each other and walked into full view. The energy from the waiting crowd was electrifying. With each step closer, the bounce in their step strengthened and their eyes glistened brighter, reflecting the buoyancy of their hearts as they met their fans. Signing autographs and posing for pictures with their fans was their favorite pre-concert thing to do… the wardrobe, makeup, sound check, and the rest (what they dubbed wired for stereo sound) was dull and boring. They stayed with the crowd for the next 45 minutes as the decision was made to forego the usual sound check, as the final dress rehearsal had gone so well last night. They also wanted to spend extra time with the fans.

Soon the announcement was made that the fans could start to take their seats by exchanging their ticket for a wrist band made especially for this concert event. The press had already gotten their wrist bands – one color for the reporter, another for their crew/team as there were places in the concert area where photos were prohibited. As the fan crowd started to wander toward the designated area, the first wave of reporters and their crew converged on the guys in a flurry of bobbing microphones. Video crews with various sizes and shapes of equipment competing for footage of the four famous faces. The reporters were politely answered by all of the guys as best they could. As if on cue, security stepped forward and the guys melted from view of all of the eager cameras and video equipment as the reporters tried to finish their pre-concert report wrap-ups.

Refreshed and energized by their fans, David, Sebastien, Carlos and Urs walked to the back of the stage and opened the doors to their trailer/dressing rooms. It took a few seconds for each of them to realize the area wasn’t so dark and dismal after all… or had something changed??? Their eyes scanned the area carefully… slowly… looking for something out of the ordinary… out of place…”Nothing… No, that was there before… no… same… same… remember that… no…” trickled through their minds as each one took a brief inventory. Stepping back, they glanced from one to the other. They could sense it, but not see it… or was it just their imagination???

“Is it me or is something different? “ David finally blurted out. Each of the others voiced the same thought as they came together in a tight huddle. “I wasn’t really paying attention when we first got here, but I swear, there’s something different.”

Carlos, Sebastien and Urs nodded, each trying to figure out what it was that had changed. Staying together, they opened the door closest, which was Urs’ room. Looking around, they tentatively stepped in, each wide-eyed and jittery.

“Had a fan gotten past security and been in here, rummaging through our things?” Carlos whispered. The same thought had crossed the others minds as well, but none of them said anything. Taking another step into the room, but propping the door open slightly for a quick exit if needed, they continued to explore.

“Do you smell something… something nice?” Sebastien said curiously. The guys hesitated, breathing deeply and nodded. “I know that smell… it’s familiar, yet I can’t seem to place it… “

As the made their way to the other end of the dressing room, turning on lights as they went, what they had been looking for had finally came into view. The cot that Urs would try to use to rest between performances had been covered by a warm, cozy quilt of tan, white and blue… the colors that were vivid in his mind the day before. On the pillow lay a note and a single long stemmed rose. Below the pillow rested a garment bag and a small silver box, tied with a red satin bow. On the nightstand beside the cot was a small picture frame, facing the opposite direction, and a plate of still warm cookies.

Looking to the others first, Urs swallowed hard before stepping closer. His eyes scanned the walls first, before he reached for the note with a shaking hand. As he read it, the shaking stopped and a smile appeared on his face. It read:
”Dearest love,
I wish I could see your face as you read this. My only hope is that it brings you some comfort when I can’t be there with you. The hours ahead will be long and hard, but I know the strength and talent you have within you, will help you along the way, in a way I cannot. I’ve left a few things for you to show you that home can be anywhere… it is the love that makes a home, not the shelter. Just as a ring does not make a marriage, the love does. I don’t know how to explain it, other than to ask that you open them and know that no matter what today brings, I love you. Take care my love and know you are in my heart always… Siobhan.”

“It’s from Siobhan.” He said. “I ummm need a minute… alone, please.”
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 85   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 6:58 pm

Each of the guys relaxed and nodded. David, Carlos and Sebastien returned to their dressing rooms and found the same things in theirs as well. Each note had been carefully written and signed by their wives. The garment bag held a new suit, dress shirt, and matching silk tie. The small silver box held a set of silver cufflinks, each had their initials engraved on them. The picture frame held a small photo of each couple on their wedding day. Sebastien and Carlos also had a small photo of their babies as well. As they rested their head on the pillow, they noticed the smell of their wives favorite cologne. Sighing contently, each took a moment to relish what their family had done, before they changed into the new suits for the opening event. There would be no need for make-up until later; the lights on the stage would be minimal until that evening. Thirty minutes later, the men of Il Divo took one last look in the mirror, turned off the lights, and quietly walked out of the back exit of their dressing room. The Il Divo SUV was waiting to take them to their starting point. It was now 2:30 pm.

The few miles trip to the top of the next ridge was quiet, each Divo remembering the note, the words to the opening song, and the concert about to happen. The driver busied himself with navigating the fire path cut between the trees, not looking back at them and chatting as he had done before. Soon, they stopped and got out of the SUV, seeing the large, yellow and green hot air balloon they would use to make their entrance.
~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 Daretocarecollage1
“OK… I’m sorry, but that basket that will be holding us seems a lot smaller this afternoon. Are you sure it will hold us… all of us… at one time? I’m a big guy… and we have… “

Carlos laughed, interrupting him. “Of course Davey, boy... It’s SRO on the concert grounds and SRO for us.”

Urs said, “What is SRO?”

“Standing Room Only” Carlos replied, clapping him lightly on the shoulder. “It is a small but vocal crowd from that I understand… Every seat is taken for the whole thing; a record-breaker ticket sale and a record-breaking number of viewers on TV stations from all around the globe.”

“Go figure…” David replied, straightening his tie for the third time. “My God Carlos… I just noticed, you’re wearing a tie… an honest to goodness tie!”

Carlos blushed, touching it lightly, “Don’t get used to it. Cyd bought it special… otherwise, it wouldn’t be happening… I wear it only for her, even though I know she likes it better without one.

The crew manning the balloon launch gathered around David, Urs, Sebastien, and Carlos. One of the crew stepped up, holding out his hand. “Good afternoon gentlemen. I’m Charlie, you pilot for the trip. I need to tell you a few things before you get in. First, I’ve been doing this for 25 years without a problem. Second, conditions are ideal for us. Third, there will be two rescue vehicles on the ground following our every move by sight and radio. The landing area has been cleared and a full crew is waiting there. Lastly, we have rigged two types of tethers to the basket so even if conditions should change in the three mile trip, we won’t be going anywhere unplanned. We’ll only be about 100 to 125 feet up. The tethers are weighted and we can drop them over the edge in seconds to drop altitude and land. Personally, I prefer landing at the landing zone, but hey, a scout is prepared. Or, if you prefer, we can stay tethered to the rescue vehicles, hopefully not encounter any electrical lines and your entrance looks like a balloon in the Rose Bowl Parade…Your call.”

Urs laughed loudly, picturing the image in his mind. Sebastien blushed, covering the giggle erupting from his lips. David looked to the ground, and nodded, agreeing the image was something he hadn’t considered either.
Carlos crossed his arms across his chest, “Hey, I say we go for it. No bowl parade for me… I’m not wasting this tie for that.”

The others agreed. Moments later, they were harnessed in and the balloon began to rise. The view as the balloon reached the right altitude was spectacular. The farm and the field where the concert was to take place lie before them, so close they felt as if they could almost touch it.

Mark, the orchestra’s conductor once again, stood ready on the stage, scanning for the first sign to start the now traditional opening Medley. As the bright yellow and green balloon came into view, he signaled the orchestra and Il Divo Band members. The music began at 3 pm.

The announcer’s voice came across the sound system. “Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Dare to Care. I would like to introduce your hosts for the duration of this event. Please welcome, IL DIVO now appearing to your right.”

The hot air balloon had safely landed in the field to the right of the audience. The guys waved as the crowd came to their feet with thunderous applause. The guys walked quickly from the balloon landing area, through the crowd and onto the stage as the last notes of the opening Medley faded.

The microphones were already in place and turned on for the guys. Each one took their place and smiled, slightly out of breath from the exciting ride in the balloon combined with the rush through the crowd to the stage.

As the lighting dimmed around the orchestra behind them, Sebastien begins. “Ladies and gentlemen here at the concert and watching from your homes around the globe, on behalf of myself and the other member’s of IL DIVO I would like to thank you and welcome you. What you are about to see on the big screens behind us in the hours ahead may shock or frighten you. That is not our intent. As much as we would love to, we can’t save the whole world. But, we can help some of them in need now. Will you Open Your Heart and Care? We dare you. Will you please join with us and Dare to Care?”

Il Divo’s opening song is “I Believe in You”
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 86   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 7:00 pm

Written By: LG, JJ, Sandie
LATER THAT DAY AS MONEY STARTS POURING IN

Being at her first IL DIVO concert was indescribable for Dori. It was something she had never experienced before and she was unprepared for the roaring response of the crowd as the guys both started and finished a song.

The screaming, adoring fans of Sebastien’s blasted her ears and she couldn’t have been happier. She knew this was her and the twins’ future and this concert was helping her prepare for it all. It was and eye opening experience for her. She knew that the women loved Sebastien and all of the guys, but seeing it now, live, she could see why the guys loved performing so much and why Sebastien missed it. A love she knew existed, but didn’t fully understand until now - what it would mean for them to get back to touring with the new CD. It was what she could only describe as a subtle kind of intimacy as she watched the barriers between the guys and the fans melt away; something each of the guys has silently missed, not so much in their hearts, but their minds.

The guys loved their families and wives and never wanted to be away from them. As the wedding ceremony had occurred for each of them, this concert would be the unofficial ceremony representing the union of all of their loves: the music, performing, and family; hoping that the bliss from this union would carry them through not just today, but the tour season as well. Each knew that during that part of the journey, there would be times when they would be joined only in their heart and mind, other times with them being there to celebrate on the road with them.

Their second song was one they all agreed on to perform, dedicated not just to the audience but all of the people watching at home. To them, it summed up not only what they felt toward all of their fans, but also the gratitude they felt for the help everyone had made along the way.

This song was called “You’re the Inspiration” by the group Chicago. As they were singing it, the big screens behind them showed moments from past concerts, ones that showed them at their happiest. The crowd, hearing the song and seeing the memories flash before them, felt the warmth not just from the sun shining high in the sky, but the gentle musical hug that came so easily around them as they hummed along.

You know our love was meant to be
The kind of love to last forever
And I want you here with me
From tonight until the end of time
You should know
Everywhere I go
Always on my mind
In my heart
In my soul
Baby
You're the meaning in my life
You're the inspiration
You bring feeling to my life
You're the inspiration
Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me saying
"No one needs you more than I need you"
And I know (And I know)
Yes I know that it's plain to see
So in love when we're together
Now I know (Now I know)
That I need you here with me
From tonight until the end of time
You should know (Yes, you need to know )
Everywhere I go
You're always on my mind
You're in my heart
In my soul
You're the inspiration
You're the inspiration
Wanna have you near me
(No one needs you more than I)
Wanna have you near me
(No one needs you more)
You're the inspiration
You're the inspiration
When you love somebody
'Til the end of time
When you love somebody
Always on my mind / No one needs you more than I
When you love somebody
'Til the end of time
When you love somebody
Always on my mind / No on needs you more than I

Dori had been at the concert from the start. She needed Sebastien to know she was there to support him, along with Siobhan, who had become everyone’s rock. She made them all feel stronger.

Siobhan loved Urs and she was always there to lend a hand whenever needed. With Urs, she was the calm one when his drive was the strongest. She was the voice saying “you can do this, but take your time and don’t push too hard or fast and it will come ……” For her, perfection was him and she showed him patience, love and understanding; always when he needed it the most. So for the concert, she was the one standing in the wings giving the thumbs up and showing them they were doing great. She knew how much the fans meant to the guys, as she had been a fan first.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 87   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 7:01 pm

Meanwhile back at Dori and Seb’s place, the twins and Leila Elena had been napping, along with Cyd and Suzie. Just as the guys had scheduled and planed, the ladies had done the same. Suzie needed to keep tabs on the tallies from the money coming in, keeping mainly in the background so that was one less worry. Siobhan would be backstage to make sure the other artists were ready and keep in contact with those at the house. Dori and Cyd would divide their time between the concert and the children, so that would be off of Sebastien’s and Carlos’ mind.

Cyd knew it was going to be hard for her but leaving the things in the room for Carlos, was harder than she imagined. She couldn’t let him see her tear stained cheeks so she left before he could see them. As much as she wanted to see the opening she couldn’t chance it, so she watched from the house instead, crying herself to sleep. She too had been a fan first, but she and Carlos had met away from the bustling crowds associated with Il Divo.

Mandi had decided that Mathew was going to make a great dad to their own child. She was now 4 months along and was starting to show. Mathew was, at that moment, playing “tickle monster” with the girls, who were screaming in delight at this new game. Moments later, Yannic decided she had enough of Uncle Mathew and turned her attention to the closest chair. She looked at it curiously before starting to pull herself up, falling on her bottom a few times, but determined to stand. Mandi was into the craving stage now and decided to make herself a sandwich. Mathew called her into the living room and she walked in to find Yannic trying to stand and Allie crawling fast to join her twin in the standing process. Leila Elena however was not to be left out. She decided to get in on the action by calling to Mandi loudly for a diaper change and attention.

Cyd and Suzie had quietly padded into the dining room and were having coffee, watching the twins trying to stand. They laughed at the end result, being they ended up on their bottoms every time, but they were determined little girls. Each of them knew they would soon get the hang of it. Cyd wondered when it would be Leila Elena’s turn to try as well. She still marveled at all of the stages Leila Elena had been through so far as she kept track of all of the little things in her notebook, to share with Carlos later.

Soon Mandi had the girls dressed in their T-shirts Dori and Mandi had purchased along with Leila Elena. Now everyone was dressed in their concert outfits once again. They were ready to go down to the concert to see their daddies and enjoy the music for awhile. Mathew made sure the girls were secured in the car seats before he took the short cut down to the field, coming up by the trailers for the guys and out of view of the audience. Dori and Siobhan were there waiting, knowing they wanted to be ready to see their daddy when he came off stage.

Sebastian was just beaming from all of the excitement of the songs and the concert audiences. He could feel the energy coming from them. They left the stage and headed back to their trailers to change for the next set. They had arranged with security to have the children at the concert receive free T-shirts saying “I CARE” on them as a last minute, unannounced surprise. Siobhan had told them the children would be moved closer to the front of the stage so they could be more involved with the next set.
~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 D2care

Now Siobhan and Urs were talking quietly as he held her close. A moment later, they made their way to his dressing room trailer for the wardrobe change. Once the door was closed firmly, Urs took a moment to kiss her deeply, lightly brushing back a strand of hair as he held her face warmly in his hands. She helped him change, wanting to hold him close, but knowing he needed to stay on schedule. Her mind toyed with the different ways she would help him relax later, when they would have a bigger break as other artists performed.

As David looked around, Suzie sneaked up behind him, covering his eyes gently, whispering, “Guess who?”

He blushed and smiled broadly, gently sliding her hands down to his lips to kiss them softly. As he turned to greet her, he noticed she was wearing a headset and carefully moved the microphone part out of his way before he kissed her. Softly, he whispered, “Please tell me that thing is turned off… I don’t want the crew hearing any of this. I’ll never hear the end of it… please?”

Suzie nodded, returning the kiss and moving her right hip against him. They both glanced down and saw the red light showing Soon they made their way back the hallway. He changed quickly, kissed her and seductively switched on her headset. “Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming…” he said laughing.

Smiling contently, Sebastien made his way past Siobhan and Urs to his dressing room/trailer. Yannic squealed with delight when Sebastien walked in the door. Allie started reaching for him right away, jabbering away as usual. Dori had to hand Allie to Sebastien before she worked her way out of mom’s arms, which made Yannic yell loudly wanting daddy’s attention for her self. Sebastien just smiled and gave Dori a kiss and one to each of his girls.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 88   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 7:02 pm

Carlos was shocked to find Cyd and Leila Elena in his trailer. He reached for Cyd and gave her a passionate, lusting kiss. He let his fingers linger in her long, soft hair as he deeply breathed in her cologne. Then, he reached for Leila Elena, hugged and kissed her too. He took a moment to tousle her dark curls and tickle her chin as Cyd undid his tie and slowly slid it off his neck.

They had only a few minutes together, but they made the most of the brief interlude with their loved ones. Back on stage, the crew had set up chairs for the families to enjoy the next part with singing to the children. The guys came back out dressed in Dockers and dress shirts, each relaxed and unencumbered.

The families were seated on the stage before the guys appeared on stage again to begin the special set for the children. They had always done “Somewhere” when they wanted to interact with the audience. This concert would be no different. Instead of the audience heading up toward the stage to interact with them, they headed toward the large black cauldrons sitting at the ends of the stage to make their donations. None of the guys had thought about using the cauldrons for donations; it was just another stage prop to them, combining with "Dare to Care" inscribed rainbow that graced the top part of the stage’s framework. As they looked at each other, they smiled, knowing their fans were surprising them once again.

Then, they sang Over the Rainbow to the children. The large screens behind them showed scenes from their ‘Concert By The Sea’ when the guys saw the rainbow over the hotel. The children loved to sing along with the song and enjoyed watching the babies on stage enjoying their daddies too. As they finished, Sebastien got a message that they had hit the $300,000.00 dollar mark already, only hours into the event. It was Suzie speaking to him through his special ear piece, she was hooked up to.

Over The Rainbow
[ Urs: ]
Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.
[ David: ]
Skies are blue
And the dreams that
you dare to dream
Really do come true.
[ Sebastien: ]
Some day I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the
clouds are far behind
me.
[ Carlos: ]
Where troubles melt
like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.
[ Urs: ]
Some day I'll wish upon a star
[ Sebastien & Carlos: ]
And wake up where the
clouds are far behind
me.
[ David: ]
Where troubles melt
like lemondrops
Away above the chimney tops
[ Carlos: ]
That's where you'll find me.
Skies are blue
And the dreams that
you dare to dream
Really do come true.

When the children stood and began to sing to the guys and their families on stage, Sebastien was beaming even more. Sebastien was holding both Yannic and Allie, Dori’s hand snuggly around his waist. Carlos held Leila Elena on his right, his left arm resting lightly around Cyd’s shoulders. David stood behind Suzie and put his arms around her and Urs did the same with Siobhan.

The children were singing God Bless the Outcasts. Siobhan was the one who had set it up ahead of time with the band after hearing them singing it in line before the concert. "It would be a nice surprise for the guys." She had thought at the time. The guys were overwhelmed with the performance and were touched beyond words as tears flowed down their cheeks one and all. The audience was also overwhelmed, not a dry eye could be found there.

"I don't know if You can hear me Or if You're even there I don't know if You would listen To a gypsie's prayer Yes, I know I'm just an outcast I shouldn't speak to you Still I see Your face and wonder... Were You once an outcast too? God help the outcasts Hungry from birth Show them the mercy They don't find on earth God help my people We look to You still God help the outcasts Or nobody will Parishioners I ask for wealth I ask for fame I ask for glory to shine on my name I ask for love I can posess I ask for God and His angels to bless me Esmeralda I ask for nothing I can get by But I know so many Less lucky than I Please help my people The poor and downtrod I thought we all were The children of God God help the outcasts Children of God".

After the children were finished, everyone applauded. Sebastien stepped forward and announced the total of the Event so far, which got a standing ovation and cheers beyond belief. The guys waved lightly and left the stage for a break; each one content and full of joy.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 89   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 7:05 pm

Written By: JJ and LG

AN EVENING UPDATE - SEBASTIEN’S SPEECH

The concert so far had been an even bigger success then they had even imagined. There was not a spare seat in the field. Cheers and screams were emerging from the crowd so loud they could be heard by the guys backstage. All of the Divos had been deeply touched by just how much the fans had put into make this night the huge success it already was. Sebastien especially was thankful that this night was going to be the hit they wanted. Most importantly and the reason Sebastien had come up with the idea in the first place was because it would more than benefit his kids, his little angels out there, from AMTM. Taking a distant second chair, was the benefit to them as performers; advancing their career to a destination bigger than they could ever have dreamed. He knew also that this night would bring him closer to his fans, as the speech he had prepared made him cry every time he rehearsed it...hoping the fans would be touched as well.

Sebastien had planned on talking to them on a one on one level, a level just for him and everyone out there that had supported this cause and care. David Carlos and Urs knew that Sebastien had to do this speech on his own… it was his idea, his baby. It would be Sebastien, the fans and all watching on TV or listening on the radio that would connect tonight… needed to connect tonight, even though it was the whole of IL DIVO that made it work. The song one of the artists had been performing was about to come to the end, the time had come; it was time to make the speech. Sebastien hugged Dori and gives her a kiss. She smiles at him to let him know how proud she is of the effort he has put in to making this concert work. He knows, he smiles back, and an unspoken bond of love and passion flows from between their eyes. As he walked toward the curtain, Carlos and Cyd stood to Dori’s left, Urs and Siobhan her right, and David and Suzie stood quietly behind her, each Divo lightly touching her shoulders as his footsteps faded away from her.

As Sebastien walked out to the stage, he was thinking only one thing; this was the most important speech he would ever make in his life. The stage lights had dimmed to darkness. A lone spotlight followed him to the edge of the stage as he sat down. Allowing his eyes to adjust a moment, he smiled at them before starting to speak. “Good morning to everyone on the other side of the world. Thank you for welcoming us into your home and your heart as we come together tonight in support of a charity very close to my heart, AMTM. It has been our pleasure to entertain you. Tonight, another thank you goes out to the many amazing stars we have on this stage with us here and around the world. We hope you have enjoyed a concert unlike anything ever done before. We have opened our hearts here on stage and we hope that you will now open yours in support of children and elderly. Together and only together, will we continue to raise awareness of the struggle of those supported by AMTM. For those who have just joined us, on the big screen behind me, we have shown you a small fraction of the enormous struggles these children and elderly suffer everyday. We are the lucky ones and tonight, with your help, we hope to make them the lucky ones as well. Please support the effort to bring them a better life and future. As most of you already know, I was recently married and am now the proud father of my 2 precious daughters - my beautiful twins. Carlos to has his little girl too, and his new wife. We give them our love and know that no matter what, they will always be provided for in the future. But what about the kids of AMTM; where is their love and support? Well, I…we… wish to provide them that love and support tonight. To do that, we need your help. We see on our visits to Nepal and Africa the struggles and pain they suffer and now you can see it too. Just look at the faces of these children who have next to nothing. Still, they have hope and faith that one day they too may have what other kids in the world have, a loving home, food to eat, and bed to sleep in, and most of all, love. It is sometimes easy to forget with our own struggles in life that these innocent little children and elderly are out there suffering. We, with our own eyes, during the trips we have taken to both Nepal and Africa, have seen the devastation of the living conditions and the healthcare of these poor souls who are weak with hunger and starved of love.”

He took a moment then to stop speaking and look out over the crowds. As his eyes slowly scanned the faces in the quiet darkness, he felt his words had touched the lives of many people; with every beat of his heart pounding steadily in his chest, he prayed that the people in the audience tonight would take it home in their hearts. All of the information he had provided them in his speech, by the pictures, by those that have given so much already, would encourage others by donating and sponsoring in the future. He himself was crying and as he gathered his emotions to start speaking again. The camera man working with them captured the audience in full view. In the calm evening twilight, whether man or woman, not a soul that was sitting there had a dry eye.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 90   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 7:06 pm

You have been such an amazing audience tonight. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for coming and supporting us 100% in this concert. Not only has your contributions to this cause gone toward giving the children from AMTM a chance at a better life, but also the nurses and doctors can continue to fund their research and help to provide the basic necessities to give these children and elderly, hope for a better future and for that I thank you. We all thank you. I am now about to introduce you, via satellite, to a little girl whom I have sponsored since learning about AMTM. Her name is Sataya and she is a beautiful girl of 8. Together, she and I have written a poem that tonight we are going to read to you. Sataya will be reading it in French with me translating into English. Please, put your hands together, then sit back and listen to Sataya as we read the words of this moving poem.”

Sataya waved to the crowd before she started to speak. “Sebastien and I wrote this poem. He wanted to show you how far his sponsorship of me and the money he has provided me has improved my life so far. We wanted people to see that sponsoring a child in my community or any community does do a lot of good. My mummy and I have been very blessed to have Sebastien in our lives now as he helped me to get better, have food and go to school. When I grow up, I want to be a doctor and help people like Seb has helped me. Here is our poem…”

ENGLISH VERSION

A WORLD WITHOUT SORROW, A WORLD WITHOUT
TEARS

A world without sorrow, a world with out tears
Where no child of God will live in such fear
No hurt or hunger nor anger or pain
No child freezing, left out in the rain
Where all will be smiling with joy and delight
No child will go on living in fright
That is the world we hope to achieve
So no child will ever again have to grieve
Your help tonight has given us hope
That we will all be able to cope
With the stress of life we all have to bear
But now we know there are people that care
People like the fans that have given us their hearts
To play a vitally important part
By giving their time and caring tonight
And helping us to see the light
To end this pain for the poor lonely souls
To end the darkness and destruction that has taken its toll
On the people that used to be
Poor defenseless girls like me
Help us grow smiles today
And help us take their troubles away
Give us your hearts and please will you pray
That there might actually come a day
That more people like you will come along
Please will you join us to sing this next song?

FRENCH VERSION

UN MONDE SANS CHAGRIN, UN MONDE SANS PLEURS

Un monde sans chagrin, un monde sans pleurs
Dans lequel aucun enfant de Dieu ne vivra dans la peur
Pas de mal ou de faim, de colere ou d'ennuis
Pas d'enfant mourant de froid , abandonne sous la pluie .
Un monde ou tous sourient pleins de joie et de bonheur
Dans lequel aucun enfant ne continue a vivre dans la frayeur.
C'est le monde que nous esperons construire demain
Ainsi aucun enfant n'aura jamais plu a connaitre le chagrin.
Votre aide ce soir nous fait esperer
Que nous pourrons supporter
Les pressions de la vie que nous avons a endurer
Maintenant que nous savons qu'il y a des gens qui se sentent concernes
Des gens comme vous , admirateurs enthousiastes ,
Qui mettez toute votre ardeur
A jouer un role capital ce soir
En donnant votre temps et votre coeur .
Aidez-nous a voir la lumiere
Pour mettre fin a la peine de ces pauvres ames esseulees ,
Pour mettre fin a l'obscurite et a la destruction qui a fait
De pauvres filles abandonnees comme moi , des victimes .
Aidez-nous a les faire sourire aujourd'hui,
Aidez-nous a les liberer de leurs ennuis,
Donnez-nous votre coeur et priez pour que le jour arrive
Ou d'autres gens comme vous nous rejoindront !
Chantons en choeur cette chanson !

Sebastien welcomed back on stage David, Carlos and Urs. Seb thanked Sataya as she curtseyed to the cheering audience that was giving her a standing ovation.

As the cheers quieted, she looked toward them again and took a deep, ragged breath. “Sebastien has told me many times that there are many kinds of hearts in this world. He has seen them himself in many shapes and sizes. To those of you with these hearts that can hear me, please… please, help us to grow our smiles. Please help us turn the rainbow upside down and make it into a very, very big smile… please.” As the audience saw a single tear slide silently down her cheek, the screen went blank.

Next to appear was another beautiful girl about 10, this time from Nepal. After taking a deep breath himself, Sebastien continued. “Ladies and gentleman, I would like to introduce you via satellite again to a little girl named Poohie. Her mother, when she was pregnant with Poohie, developed a virus which caused Poohie to be born deaf. But that has never stopped Poohie from loving music or life. So please keep your eyes on this bubbly little girl as she signs the words we sing to the heartwarming song by R Kelly, “ I believe I can fly.”

https://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k398/gorgeoURS_2009/?action=view&current=IBELIEVEICANFLYforSIRENS-movie50-UB.flv

“I used to think that I could not go on…” The world was focused not on the Divos or the stage, but had their eyes glued to the screen. Poohie was signing - signing joyfully, even though she couldn’t hear the words… couldn’t hear the passion in the guys voices as they sung the words to this beautiful song. Everyone focused on this little girl because they could see and feel her lovingly cradle and caress each of the words to the song within her heart. All that she was, delicately plucked at every heartstring of every person that could see this little girl… this little deaf girl named Poohie.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 91   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 7:22 pm

INTO THE FINAL HOURS - THE CONCERT CONTINUES

It was going on to the later hours of the morning, 11 am, when the guys come off stage, looking bleak and exhausted.
The concert had been going on for 20 hours by this stage, and all of the guys were starting to doubt themselves. They had been up now for about 30 hours and didn’t know if they could physically or mentally last 4 more. All of the girls had been able to catch some sleep during the night so they were rested, noticing the guys getting weaker as the time went on.

The crowds when the concert first started had been wild and free, cheering well over the field and into the night in support of the guys and in support of the kids that this concert would help. Now, the crowds had quieted, there was little cheer; none of the crowd had the wild spirit the guys felt they needed to keep going. The girls had also noticed this. While the guys had been on stage performing their half an hour, the girls had discussed between them what should be done to get the guys back on track and out there shining again as when the concert first began. They had decided that not only did the guys need some quiet time with their wives and children, but they also needed to come together as a group. When the Divos came off stage, Dori waited with Allie and Yannic, Cyd waited for Carlos with Leila Elena, Siobhan for Urs, Suzie for David, each in the separate dressing rooms.

Dori and Sebastien

Sebastien walked into the room rubbing his eyes hard, hoping he would be able to rub away the tiredness that was settling behind his eyes and seeping through his bones. He opened his eyes to the beautiful sight of his twin daughters crawling towards him, hoping to get picked up and twirled around by their beloved daddy. Dori walked to him, meeting him at the door with a big smile and hug.

Sebastien hugged and kissed Dori back and gathered his precious daughters in his arms. Knowing that if anything was going to get him through the next 4 hours it was going to be these three - the three most important people in his life.

“Dori, my love, it is great to be greeted like this. I love you, I love these 2 as well, but I am so bone weary and down trod. I feel like I am not going to be able to make it. I know the other guys are starting to feel the same… even David, who never lets anything beat him or get him down. When I started this, I had no idea just how tiring it would be. The crowd out there...”

“Are just as happy to be here supporting this cause as much as you and the guys are…. are just as happy to be supporting you along with it… just as happy to dig into their pockets and give… just as happy to keep all those in need of our help in their hearts and prayers just as we are doing. Most of all, they are just as happy to know that no matter how much money we make for AMTM in the 24 hours the concert goes on, that they have done even a little to support the cause that you and the guys support. You have done everything you set out to do in this, Sebastien. Not only have you raised money, and it doesn’t matter how much, to help those less fortunate than us. But you have raised public awareness now… you have gone out there and shown the world that these poor defenseless people are fighting everyday for the lives we take for granted. Because of all the wonderful work you and the guys have put into this and done, now there will be more children sponsored and saved, more children and elderly that won’t be living on the streets and won’t be hungry, and more people who will have a warm bed at night instead of a hard gravel road or a mound of dirt to sleep on. I can tell you for one, I am more proud of you now than I have ever been. I love you so much my heart is bursting with it. I also know 2 little girls that love their daddy so much; adore him in fact, and would not want him to give up when he is so close to finishing something that started as only a thought, an image, almost 7 long months ago.”

After Dori had finished speaking she noticed the girls looking up at them with confused curious expressions on their little faces. Mummy and papa were both crying and they were too young to understand why.

Cyd and Carlos

Carlos walked in to his room to find Leila Elena babbling gleefully in her porta-cot and Cyd waiting for him at the door. Smiling at him, she threw her arms around his neck. “Well, what a welcome this is. I might have to go out and come in again just to receive another one of those gorgeous smiles,” Carlos winked, kissing Cyd and throwing his daughter a kiss.

“Darling, you are welcome to one of these smiles anytime you wish to have one. But right now you look on the point of collapsing, so I think it might be wise for you to sit down and have a rest.”

Carlos sighed heavily as he flopped into one of the chairs near his daughter’s porta-cot. “I am exhausted. I feel like I could curl up and have a 10 year nap right now. But I know I can’t do that. I don’t know how any of us are going to make it through the next 4 hours. I mean, it has been so hard, all of us have been up for so long now, I just don’t know if I will make it.”

Cyd sat next to Carlos and hugged him around his waist, while looking into his eyes. “Carlos, you are one of the strongest men I have ever known - one of the most stubborn and determined. Once you put your mind to something, people know not to argue with you because you won’t change it, no matter what. I love that about you. This is the first time I have ever seen you come close to quitting anything and I don’t like that. What you and the guys are doing is such a great thing. You are fighting for those that can’t fight it for themselves. With this concert, you are doing something that nobody in this world can top. I love you Carlos Marin, our daughter loves you, and the fans love you. We… all of us… believe in you and all of the guys. Now it is time to find that belief in you. Go out there again with that sparkle in your eyes, the sparkle that made me fall in love again every time I look at you. Finish this concert as the superhero I know you are.” Carlos looked at Cyd in absolute love and wonder. The sparkle he had lost coming back into his eyes as he kissed the woman he loved, his wife.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 92   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Suzie and David

David walked slowly into his dressing room, feeling more like a man of 80 then 35. He was greeted by Suzie, with a hug and kiss as they sat on the sofa. “Suzie, I can’t go on; I am too drained… I can’t think. I am so tired, I am afraid I am going to forget the words to the songs… I can’t do another 4 hours. It is too much.”

“David, since we have been together as a couple in love, you have shared with me and given to me more love and joy then I could have ever hoped to have in my whole life. My life has been like a shower of blessing, and I love you for it. I have been made whole by having you in my life and I can’t stand to see you so downhearted… not my gentle, kind-hearted, bouncy, joyful David. The David who is never down and never gives up.” David looked at Suzie and smiled a small smile. Suzie smiled back, rested her head against his chest to feel his heartbeat, and continued to speak. “Your heartbeat is so strong today. Strong because it carries inside of it not only love for me and the others, but also because it carries the love of all the children you along with the others guys are striving with this concert to save… to heal… to make whole. You have done an amazing job in doing that so far. Your body is carrying lack of sleep; every muscle and bone feels heavy. But after this concert all our hearts will be lighter because we will all have set out and done what we wanted to do and much more. For that I am proud of us all, you most of all. Once again, you have shouldered the worries of those that can’t and made them your own.”

David wrapped Suzie in his arms and kissed her. He knew she was right and her words had awakened in him the fire that through the night had been doused to mere embers. Once again, he was ready to face the next 4 hours.

Siobhan and Urs

Urs had never in his life felt this tired before. They had done so many concerts as IL DIVO and he had done many before that, but never this big or this long. His body craved sleep and his mind just wanted to shut down. As he walked into his dressing room, he was greeted by Siobhan. She too wrapped her arms around him and held him tightly, until he told her he needed to sit down. “Oh my, Siobhan, My legs are cramping. I don’t think I can muster the energy to move one more step. I can’t do it.”

Siobhan could understand. For Urs, who was such a proud man that was a very hard to admit. “Oh Urs, you are such a wonderful man. I love you so much and hope I show you that everyday because I will never be able to stop showing you how much I love you… and I don’t ever want to.”

Urs wrapped his arms around his wife and kissed her deeply. “Siobhan, my sweet, I have never needed anything more in my life than you showing me you love me everyday. I adore my career, IL DIVO, our fans and singing, but nothing will ever be as important to me as you are right now, and the children we will have in the future.”

“I am so glad to hear that Urs. Sitting with you right now is a pleasure for me. I love feeling your heartbeat in my ear and I love feeling your breath touch my skin as the lightest whisper. But most of all, I love to hear you sing. My heart and my ears feel every emotion you bring to your part in every song you sing. These last 20 hours has been more so, the emotion and passion in your voice this night and day has been a dream come true for me to hear. I know with you helping to finish off this concert, it is going to be spectacular. I for one can’t wait to be at the finishing line to cheer you home.”

“But, Siobhan, it has been so long and I……”

“Shhhhh… listen to my heart beat… feel it harmonize with yours. Keep it with you as I do yours. Let it be a duet to help you finish what you helped to start. You are truly one of the most gentle, sweet, loving, kind men I have ever seen when it comes to kids. Now the world has been made publicly aware with the tears you have shed and the emotion in your voice for every child that has been seen on that big screen. There are more children to see, more tears to shed and more emotion to be sung… another 4 hours worth. You are not going to give up on that, I won’t let you. You are my husband and I love you. I will never let you give up on those kids, and I will never let you give up on yourself.” She kissed him softly and gently moved his head to her chest, breathing calmly.

Urs was crying buckets by this stage. He had no idea that Siobhan had seen inside his soul that way. The steady beat of her heart and her calm, even breathing relaxed him as he gathered his strength. As tired as he and the guys were, they could not… no, would not give up for those kids.

Together again

The four couples met together in the sitting room backstage. Each could see that the others had all been crying. They came together for a group hug and held tightly for a number of minutes.

Softly at first, they heard Dori start to sing softly, You'll never walk alone
When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high,”

Siobhan joins with Dori, “And don’t, be afraid, of the dark”

All of the girls join in, each taking their husbands hand in theirs. “At the end, of the storm, there’s a golden sky, and the sweet silver song, of a lark.
Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, may your dreams, be tossed and blown,
Walk on, walk on, with hope, in your heart, and you’ll never walk alone, you’ll never walk alone.
You’ll ne- ever walk alone.”
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone.

As the last words of the song echoed softly in the empty waiting room, each of the wives warmly held their husband close before deeply kissing them. For a moment, no other sound could be heard, as the four couples stood together.

By the time they went on stage again, the four talented men of IL DIVO carried that hope with them. They carried that hope bursting from their hearts. But to the audience seated before them, it reflected brightly as the subtle grace, elegance and charisma we see in them as IL DIVO
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Someone To Love Chapter 93 ***The Grand Finale***   ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 7:29 pm

Written By: JJ, LG, Sandie
THE GRAND FINALE

The guys walked out to the stage with a spring in their step that hadn't been there previously. The support shown by their families and loved ones in the last 30 minutes had renewed their spirits and awakened the passion they had started the concert with. The drive the guys brought out with them was noticed and brought the crowd to their feet in applause.
Seb had started laughing as they walked back to the stage. The other three stopped and asked him what was funny.

“Well, I just realized something, for the last few hours we had been on the verge of quitting… giving up… with the love and supports of our wives, we have a renewed sense of purpose and hope. That passion and determination to see this out was returned. Our next song Rejoice
is With all that has happened I think it is funny that we start again on this song.”

Sebastien:
Where did I misplace my faith?
Where did I set it down?
Which one, the day that I forgot what this was all about?
David:
And I came so close to throwing it all away,
But I'm taking it back again.
So come and rejoice,
Come and rejoice.
What was lost, is found.
Carlos:
Cual es el dia en que olvide
Mi fe y mi sentir,
Mi vida fue un sinvivir
La quiero compartir.
(translation: Which is the day in which I forgot
my faith and my feel,
my life was without-living
i want to share it...)
David:
Llegue a pensar
Dejar todo y olvidar,
Pero vuelvo a empezar.
(translation: I started to think
to leave everything and forget,
but i return to begin.)
Urs:
So come and rejoice,
Come and rejoice.
Sebastien:
And you don't even have to make a sound.
Urs:
I feel it in your touch, you say it with your eyes.
Sebastien:
What was lost, is found.
So come and rejoice,
Come and rejoice.
What was lost, is found.
What was lost, is found.

The Divo’s looked at each other and one by one started laughing along with him. Each of them sent up a prayer of thanks to God and with a twinkle in his eyes, Seb announced to the crowd, “Our next song is Rejoice.”

As the Divo’s sang, each had a thought running through their heads. Sebastien was thinking of the masses of children that would now have some hope for the future. David was thinking just how much a few kind words of comfort and support could bring you when you are feeling at your lowest. Carlos was thinking of Leila Elena, and the differences between her life and the lives of these precious children they were helping, and Urs had only one thought; just how much tonight has made him long for a child of his own. These thoughts, combined with the passion in the guys’ voices for this song, made it one of the best performances of the concert.

David stood up to speak. “Ladies and Gentleman, and people around the world, I am David Miller from the group IL Divo and I would now like to introduce you to my wife, Suzie Miller. Suzie, will you please come and stand with me?” Suzie walked out on stage to the crowd’s thunderous applause. She took a bow and waved to the crowd, smiling.

Urs was the next to speak. “I am Urs Buhler from the country Switzerland and I would like you all to meet my wife Siobhan.” Siobhan walked across the stage and took her place beside Urs.

Carlos was next. “Hola from the Spanish one, I am Carlos Marin. I would like you to meet my lovely wife Cyd and darling daughter Leila Elena Marin.” Cyd walked out holding Leila Elena in her arms, she smiled at the crowd.

And last, it was Seb's turn. “Salute everyone, Je..m’appelle Sebastien Izambard. I am, as you know, from France and would like to introduce you, if I may, to my wonderful wife, who for the past 7 months has been a great support to me, and been the greatest source of joy in my life. Not only has she made me the happiest man alive by being my wife, but she has also blessed me with my 2 adorable twin daughters. Would you please welcome to the stage, my wife Dori and my twin daughters Alexandra and Yannic Izambard.”

The cheers from the crowd by this stage were so loud they could be heard by all who were doing work on the farm. Walter stopped what he was doing to listen, and smiled. He checked his watch before reaching for his cell phone. Moments later, Dusty, Mandi and Matthew were in the car, headed to the concert site to pick up the babies. The girls walked to the front of the stage, joined hands and took a bow as one.

“Please, let’s hear it one more time for our wives,” Carlos shouted. The audience jumps to their feet, screaming and cheering, showing their excitement at meeting the loved ones of their favorite men. Carlos and Sebastien both walked to the front of the stage, holding the girls in their arms.

“Ladies and gentleman, our daughters, Leila Elena, Allie and Yannic,” Sebastien said, as the cheers went on. The girls, with the babies, took a last bow and left the stage.

Over the roar of the crowd the guys join hands, and as the with girls, took a bow together and shouted “WE ARE IL DIVO”

The concert ran smoothly for the next 3 hours and was nearing its end when Urs stood up to make a speech. “We as the group IL DIVO want to say a very warm hearted thank you to everyone who helped in making this fund raiser a success. In our world today, people come and go in our lives like a flash and these children and elderly are seen for an instant and the impressions are gone from sight. Today, we have shown that just because we can't see them doesn’t mean they don't need our help. You have proven that you have the hearts to help and that You DID DARE TO CARE. We, as the group IL DIVO, want to thank all of you for that… to the audience here and all of those who are watching at home, thank you. Thank you for welcoming us into your home and opening your heart. ” A single tear, captured in time on film from the cameras flashing, was slowly rolling down Urs left cheek as he blew a kiss to the crowd before him.

As the Concert was closing, the Group wanted to thank all of the performers who donated their time to helping at different points around the world. As always, the group introduced the band and they all stood and took bows.
The crowds were still standing and clapping for at least 5 minutes as Sebastien came forward. The Camera came in close on him as the other guys stood right behind him waiting for the grand total raised from the Concert. “Ladies and Gentlemen and Audiences around the world, your contributions to the AMTM fund raiser has brought in the Total Sum of… drum roll if you please Gary…….$15,000,000.00 (15 million Dollars). I DARE say you have shown you CARE. On behalf of myself, my family, and AMTM, I thank you…“ After taking a deep breath, he too blew a kiss to the crowd.
The guys and the audience leap to their feet screaming, yelling and clapping in excitement. The guys all hugged each other. Back stage, the girls stood cheering with the crowd, hugging each other and the babies as well; each one wanting to rush on stage and hug their husband and the others. The last song was You raise me up
The band started the music and the crowd sat down as tears were rolling down everyone’s face, including the guys.

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.
You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... to more than I can be.
Instrumental Bridge
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes I think I glimpse eternity.
And I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

Back stage, Dori, Suzie, Siobhan, and Cyd hugged each other close as Cyd whispered, “Together they made it as we did. Now, we are joined as they are… as sisters and as wives. We know now more than ever, they are and always will be a deeper, sweeter part of each of us. Because of them and all they are, no time or distance apart will ever change that, not now… not ever.”

The song had such a lasting effect on the concert… the impact that it carried echoed wave upon wave around the world. As the song came to an end, the group said” Thank You” one more time and left the stage to meet their families at the trailers. No one – the audience, the divos, their family, artists or crew had a dry eye in the place.

The guys were surprised their wives were no where in sight. They quietly thanked the artists and crew and looked around again. Sadly, they made their way back to their dressing rooms, trying to unwind, counting the minutes it would take them to get home from the concert site, debating whether to take the time to shower there or not. As each opened the door one last time, they saw the blinds were drawn to darkness with a lone candle lit on the dressing room table. One by one, they sighed and stepped in, once again not knowing what to expect. In the quiet stillness of the room, each was warmly greeted by their wife with a warm touch, a deep kiss and a loving caress. Slowly, Dori, Siobhan, Suzie and Cyd gently removed their husband’s wedding band from their right thumb and lovingly returned it to their husband’s left ring finger The girls kissed their husband’s hand softly before blowing out the single candle that lit the room.

The story of IL DIVO will continue…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~*~Someone To Love~*~    ~*~Someone To Love~*~  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

~*~Someone To Love~*~
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4