Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
New World Tour Dates W/ Steven LaBrie Guest Singer
Latin Countries around the World till Oct 2022
The Guys Are On A Month Break. They Start Back On June 25, 2022 In Valencia, Spain
Saturday December 3rd UK Christmas Concerts Began. Ending December 16th In London, UK.
New USA Dates in AUG_SEPT, 2022 Look for Updates

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word By: Auds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat
Humor : I found it and as always the joke is on me!!

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word           By: Auds Empty
PostSubject: Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word By: Auds   Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word           By: Auds EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:54 pm

I am Posting For Auds!!

I have a few short stories i thought I would post for you all

*The bits in Italics are flashbacks*

David was sitting in a corner staring at Dawn who was busy serving behind the bar. She was laughing at something one of the customers had said and looked really happy. But he could tell that it was a false happiness, just a show for the customers. That was the reason he couldn't show himself, cos he was the reason for it and he knew what would happen if she did see him.

Dawn was laughing as she ran through the gate and into the park area, she looked behind to check where he was and fell over a tree stump that was sticking out of the ground. She was still lying there on the ground when David caught up to her and looking concerned said "Are you all right baby?" Dawn just laughed before replying "I'm fine, but if you want to help me up i'd be glad of the help!" David smiled and put out his hand to help her up, she grabbed his hand, but instead of pulling herself up she pulled him down so that he was lying beside her. He turned to her smiling and was met by a kiss. He put his arms round her waist and pulled her in closer whilst deepening the kiss. They lay there for most of the afternoon just cuddling and kissing like they were a couple of teenagers.

David sighed and leaned back into the chair, those had been the good days, the days when him and Dawn had been really happy and he thought nothing would be able to tear them apart. But here he was now, reduced to having to hide in a corner just to see her, cos he knew if he actually went near her he would end up in big trouble. He had screwed up big time and he had lost her, the one thing in his life that he really loved. It was only now that he was realising that if he had only listened to her, hadn’t run away like he had. If only he’d apologised sooner, been able to say sorry that she might have in time forgiven him. But it was too late and he could say the words now, she just wouldn't be able to hear them come out of his mouth. He listened to the words of the song that had just come on over the jukebox and thought how fitting it was to his situation. Sorry seems to be the hardest Word by Elton John. Hell, him and the guys had even done a cover of it. Dawn had always said it was her favourite of their songs. He was watching her now, her smile had faded a bit since it had started playing and she looked like she was trying not to cry. All of a sudden she disappeared through to the back room leaving the bar unattended. David took this chance to get up and walk out of the bar without her seeing him. He couldn't bear the thought of her crying and him not being able to comfort her, in fact he was the cause of it and for that he hated himself.

They were in the studio recording a new song for the album. They were doing a cover of Elton John’s Sorry seems to be the hardest Word. David knew Dawn was a big fan of him and that song so had taken her with him that day but hadn’t told her what they were doing so it would be a surprise. She had squealed with delight when she found out and he had been rewarded big time later that night!

He smiled as he remembered that night, she had been like a lioness in bed and that was the night their daughter had been conceived. He pulled his jacket round him tighter as the wind rushed right through him. He had never seen her, he’d gone before she was born. She would be almost 4 months old now and he didn’t even know what she was called. He had begged so many times to be able to see her just once, but it wasn’t allowed and although he knew it, it didn’t make it any easier to accept. He was lucky he was getting to see Dawn.

He remembered the night they’d had the massive argument. He’d discovered that John, one of the guys she worked with was always flirting with her and it had brought out a jealous streak in him he hadn’t known existed. He had kept it to himself until one night when everything had exploded.

David walked into the bar to pick up Dawn like he did every night. She was just getting some more crisps from the cellar as they’d run out, so he’d sat down and ordered a drink while he was waiting. She appeared 10 minutes later red in the face and looking like she’d just crawled out of bed. John followed her looking exactly the same and neither of them had any crisps with them. When Dawn saw David sitting there her smile disappeared and she looked away.
She got her bag and jacket and said “goodbye” to everyone then left with David. They were silent all the way home, it wasn’t til they had got home that Dawn said “It wasn’t what it looked like Dave. He was only helping me.”

“Really?” said David. “What was he helping you with? Cos you sure as hell don’t get that red and messed up just getting some crisps.” Dawn stared at him all of a sudden getting mad. “Just what makes you think you own me? What makes you think I have to tell you every single thing that I do? We’re not joined at the bloody hip.” David replied “We may not be joined at the hip as you put it, but we have been living with each other for the past 5 years, we were together before the guys and I became famous, we went through it all together and we’re having a baby in a couple of months. I think I deserve an answer when I see my girlfriend appearing red faced and all dishevelled with another guy behind her the same way. Especially when I know that he’s been flirting with her since he started working there.”

It had just started to rain but David didn’t feel it as his face was already wet from the tears running down his face. He wished he hadn’t run off like that, it had been so stupid and it had cost him so much. He heard a noise behind him and turned slightly to see what it was. He hid quickly as he realised it was Dawn and he stood in the dark shadows and watched as she walked past quickly and entered the house just up the road. David looked around him and realised that he was walking down the road where they had lived.

Dawn had heard enough and said “David, I’ve seen this jealous side before and I know that you’re not going to listen to anything I say, so right now I’m not even gonna try and explain it to you. I’m going to go stay with my mum tonight and I’ll talk to you tmrw when you’ve calmed down.” She went upstairs to pack a bag and when she came back down he was sitting on the bottom step looking very sad. He looked up at her and said “You are gonna come back aren’t you?”

She nodded “I’ll be back tmrw, you know I love you babe, I just can’t stay here with you tonight.” She walked out the door and out into the rain.

It had been raining that night as well David remembered, and it seemed to have been raining ever since, at least wherever he went anyway. He stood outside their old house and watched as she appeared in the window holding their baby. Then he saw her mum appear as well and pull her away from the window and pull the curtains shut. He jumped slightly as he felt someone come up behind him. He turned to see the one face he didn’t want to see.

The stranger said “David, its time to come back now, you’ve seen her and you know she’s going to be alright. You can’t stay here any longer.” David turned to look at him with tears running down his face saying “Please, just a little longer, please? The stranger replied. “One day David, that was our deal. That day is up, you have to come back with me now.”

David nodded and looking at the house one more time said “I’m really sorry Dawn, I never wanted to leave you, but it was raining and I didn’t see the car coming until it was too late. My last thought as I was lying on the ground was “I’m sorry for not trusting you and I love you baby.” Then he turned and walked off with the stranger heading back towards heaven.

Back to top Go down

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word By: Auds
Page 1 of 1