Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
New World Tour Dates W/ Steven LaBrie Guest Singer
Latin Countries around the World till Oct 2022
The Guys Are On A Month Break. They Start Back On June 25, 2022 In Valencia, Spain
Saturday December 3rd UK Christmas Concerts Began. Ending December 16th In London, UK.
New USA Dates in AUG_SEPT, 2022 Look for Updates

* I'll Take Care Of You *

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat
Humor : I found it and as always the joke is on me!!

* I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 116   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:21 am

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED-SIXTEEN

“How do you feel about going into Luzern and doing some Christmas shopping?” Urs asked as Maggie was pulling on her jeans in the morning. He moved over to where she stood and nudged her hands out of the way, zipping up the front and working on the button, his fingers lingering gently after the job was done.

She started to move away but he slid his hands up her ribs, tugging her closer and bending to kiss her neck, smiling when he felt her shiver, not in fear…she was pliant and relaxed in his hands.

He released her and went in the Lav to brush his hair back into a small ponytail, calling back over his shoulder to her.

“The Christmas markets are already on…remember how much we liked them last year?”

She stepped into the doorway and smiled at him, meeting his eyes in the mirror.

“Sounds like a good idea…just, no more toys for Niki…he has enough now to last for the whole 15 kids.”

He turned and hugged her, lifting her off her feet.

“Little boys are just like big boys…they never have too many toys!!” He lowered his head to nuzzle her neck, breathing deep and humming.

“Yum!...you smell very tasty today, Geliebt.”

He felt her begin to push against his chest and changed his tactics, setting her feet down and swatting her bottom playfully as he let her go.

“Mami has been complaining that she hasn’t had enough alone time with Niki lately…we could let her have him for the weekend and stay over in the National, make a real shopping expedition of it. Now, feed me woman, before I become a shadow of my former self. I’m starving today.”

She laughed as he held the suite door open for her and placed her hands on her bottom to sidle past, sighing when instead of coping a feel of her bottom he pulled her to him and gave her a bone melting kiss instead.

“The nursery door is open…Heidi must have taken Niki down already,” he said, not taking the kiss any further, well pleased when he stole a glance at her face and saw that her eyes were glassy and her lips wet and parted.

Inga and Nikolai were already here when they got to the bottom of the stairs, hand in hand and came towards the kitchen.

‘Maggie looks better,’ Inga thought as she watched them, both in jeans and light blue tee shirts, Maggie’s a bit baggy and Urs as form fitting as always. She smiled at them and motioned for them to sit beside her at the counter.

“So are you going to Luzern? And can I take the baby today? It would give you an extra night to enjoy the Christmas lights and festivities in Luzern.”

Maggie laughed at the eager look on Nikolai’s face as he wiped off the remains of breakfast from his grandson.

“You don’t play fair, Papa…you know I can’t deny you anything when you use the Buhler Look on me. Yes, you can borrow our little gem for the weekend and yes, you can start today. We don’t have a lot to still get since we shopped in the States and the UK but that means we can just enjoy all the sights. I heard that the Rosengart has a huge collection of Paul Klee’s works and I love Klee…and in all the times we’ve gone to Luzern, I’ve still never seen the Lowendenkmal.”

She was referring to the famous stone sculpture of the dying lion, a commissioned piece done by the Dane, Bertel Thorvaldsen in 1821, in the glacial deposit, a monument to the over 700 Swiss Guards who died believing they were protecting Louis the XVI, in 1792… Louis had neglected to inform them that he was sneaking out of the palace, so their loyalty in fulfilling their contract was for naught.

Urs was pleased that his machinations were coming together so easily and grinned as he waved Maggie off, declaring that he would be chef this morning. Heidi had other ideas and fended him off out of ‘her kitchen’, wielding a mean wooden spoon. He wrapped her up in a bear hug and then retreated, taking shelter between Maggie and Mami and starting his day with the usual coffee.

They talked about the Christmas celebrations and Inga let them in on the news she had been trying to contain since last night’s phone call from Yvette.

“Yvette, her Frank and Hans will be coming for Christmas…and New Years…she called last night. That group that has been protecting her for the past year has given them an early present of tickets. She could hardly talk she was so over come.”

“And you weren’t of course,” Nikolai said with a grin as he came back from putting Niki in his play area.

Inga frowned at her mate of so many years then turned to Maggie.

“When you finish your breakfast, Love, we’ll go up and pack some things for Niki. Papa dug out the old sled that we used for all the children……might as well get the boy used to the cold weather fun.”

They discussed the plans for New Years Eve. Inga was excited by the thought of having fireworks…it was a guilty pleasure she didn’t often have a chance to indulge in.

“Be sure to bring a wrap to the party…the best place to view them will be on the terrace and it should be pretty cold.”

“I will…and how nice…this year you can wear something form fitting…are you going to buy something new in Luzern?”

“Not likely, Mami…she would only be able to wear it for a few months…then it won’t fit until after August,” Urs said with a grin. He dropped his arm around Maggie’s waist and kissed her temple as he waited for his parents to decipher what he had said.

For a moment there was only a satisfied look on Mami’s face as she held her hand out to Papa. He searched in his pocket until he found what he needed and lay 5 Swiss francs on his wife’s outstretched hand.

“You knew? And had a bet on it?” Maggie burst into laughter, the first real belly laugh Urs had heard from her since they were in the U.S.

“Another boy…anyone want to bet?” Inga said with a grin, putting away her winnings. There were no takers.

The two women left their men under the watchful eyes of Heidi and went up to pack for Niki.

The purple tiger was the last item in the carry all and Maggie zipped it closed, looking around to check the room, just in case she had forgotten anything major. Inga was sitting on the edge of the day bed and stretched her hand out to Maggie, beckoning her to join her for a moment. Her face was serious, but smiling and it was clear that she had come to a decision.

“I am going to tell you something that no other living being knows except Nikolai, not Urs, not any of my children or relatives. When Nikolai and I were married about 3 years, money was very tight and we had Urs to care for and another child on the way. I helped whenever I could find work, sometimes cleaning houses while Nikolai worked as a carpenter, sometimes doing sewing for rich people. I accepted a job working on the dresses for a wedding party and the day was getting very close so I worked late one night, trying to get the work done in time. The groom and his friends had a party that night, no other women in the house, just me in the sewing room on the second floor. It was very late when I left and as I was crossing the hall to get my coat….well, I can see that you have guessed what happened. I don’t know how many of them there were, only that I survived…they handed me my coat and bag and some money that I threw on the floor in the hall and I went home, walking all the way in the cold. Nikolai was asleep when I reached our little house, Urs as well. Thirty years ago rape was something that wasn’t talked about and if it was, it was usually with a ‘She was asking for it’ attitude. I couldn’t bring myself to tell Nikolai…I knew what he would do and I didn’t want to lose him to the law, so I just hid what I felt and hoped that in time it would become only a terrible memory. I didn’t tell him what happened but for a year I couldn’t allow him to touch me…I felt at fault, dirty…it nearly destroyed our marriage.

“When I finally let it slip one night when he was being particularly patient and loving and I couldn’t respond… it was as if I had killed him….not because of shame, or because he was angry with me…because I thought so little of him in my confusion that I didn’t trust him to understand, to love me regardless of what had been done to me…I should have trusted him…he was a good man, still is and my only mistake was in not sharing my pain with him.

“You don’t have to tell me what was done to you, Dearest…I can see it in your eyes and in Urs eyes when he looks at you, wanting to help but not being allowed. My son …your husband, is a good man, Maggie…trust him…let him help you. Don’t let the evil of others taint the life you two have built.”

Maggie had been crying quietly throughout what Inga had said and looked up now.

“What happened to those men?”

Inga met her eyes, unsmiling.

“I’m not sure what happened to the person who initiated the assault…he never did marry and a few years later he simply vanished, perhaps encouraged to do so by my husband. Buhlers tend to have very long memories of wrongs that have been done to their loved ones.

“One after the other, the men at that party have all gone to be confronted by God over what they did. It took a long time but they are all gone now. For many years, they suffered: everytime I saw one of them on the street and looked in their eyes with disgust, everytime one of their daughters was late coming home from a date and they agonized over what could be happening to her, everytime I attended worship in God’s house and they slunk out, not able to face me, everytime that I walked down the streets of Willisau with my belly swollen with child, they knew I was loved by a good man, one who stood by me…. their pitiful lives seemed lacking in real love and they suffered.”

She reached out to caress the tears from Maggie’s face and pulled her close for a hug.

“Don’t wait a year to reach out for the love my son has for you, Dearest. Trust him to take care of you.”

Urs noticed that something had happened between the women when they came back down but said nothing, filing the information away in his subconscious to think through later.

They talked with Heidi and Kosta for a while after the baby went with his grandparents, discussing necessities for the animals and the house. Urs asked if they would like to take the next weekend off to do some shopping or get some R&R and they made tentative plans, then the young couple went upstairs to throw some things in a bag for their weekend.

Maggie finished first, for some reason Urs was being pokey today though he was happy about the trip and stopped her everytime she passed by or near him for a hug or a quick kiss, little nibbles that made her gasp.

“I need to go check my mail and let Millie know where we’ll be…do you want me to try the National or are we just going to take a chance?”

“Already done, while you were upstairs with Mami. Go ahead, Luv…I’ll bring your bag down with mine…anything else you need?”

“Just one thing,” she said coming to him and reaching up to cup his face with her hands and stand on her tiptoes, offering her mouth.

His breath caught in his throat as he bent to touch her lips. This was the first time since she was brought home that she had initiated intimacy. Was his campaign of tenderness working or was it just time….or, heaven forbid was she just being kind?

The minute the door closed he went into high gear, finishing his packing and racing to the walk-in dressing room to quickly sort through the gowns kept in bags in the large closet with the mirror doors. He found what he wanted and slipped it into an over-sized suit bag, dropping the appropriate shoes in the bottom of the bag and zipping it closed.

He raced downstairs and out to the Volvo to lay the suitbag carefully in the trunk and back upstairs to come down more sedately with their luggage and a normal suitbag for himself.

Perfect timing…Maggie was just coming from the office.

“Ready?”

“What are you up to, Urs? You have that cheeky little boy look.”

He grinned at her and tried to look innocent.

“Why, Frau Buhler…whatever do you mean? I’m just happy to be spending some alone time with my best girl.”

Heidi came to wish them a safe trip and fun weekend, he placed their luggage in the back seat and they were off.

Their suite was lovely, a large bedroom with King sized bed, a bathroom and adjoining Loo, big enough to party in and a Lounge that was both elegant and comfortable, all done in an ornate style appropriate for the elegance of the old world hotel.

They unpacked their limited luggage and opted to go out to the Christmas market for lunch and inspiration, ready to enjoy the decorated, festive city.

Urs left Maggie on the steps for a moment, claiming that he forgot to ask the concierge something, returning in only a few minutes to take her hand in his and grin as he led her to the Muhlenplatz.

He pulled her to a stop at the arched entrance to the Market and drew her into his arms, looking up and smiling. Over their heads the archway was covered with tiny fairy lights, twined among bows of Mistletoe.

“It’s tradition…you have to bow to tradition in order to have a Happy Christmas,” he vowed, not sure if it was true but the idea appealed to him.

She was bundled against the cold, in her down jacket, gloves, scarf and suede boots but still felt frail against his equally padded body. Her eyes twinkled as she raised her face to be kissed.

“I’m a big believer in keeping traditions,” she said and surprised him by returning his kiss with an enthusiasm that left him breathless and far too warmly dressed.

It was a magical time to be shopping in the Market. Entertainers strolled the aisles in the streets that had been closed to vehicular traffic, Carol singers abounded on nearly every corner, children ran through the throngs, laughing. The scents of candy, baked goods, elaborate gingerbread houses and pine was everywhere.

They bought nothing but food on the first pass through the long aisles, filing locations of things they wanted to look at in more depth in Urs logical mind, tried on silly hats, wondered at the purpose of some items, marveled at the skills of the wood workers, checked out the scent of so many candles that their olfactory senses were on overload.

It was dusk and the street lights were coming on when they made their heavily laden way back to the hotel. Just inside the lobby, Maggie slowed and looked up at Urs.

“Could we have our bags taken up to the suite?…I would really like to walk along the quay and …and talk to you.”

He felt his heart skip a beat as he looked at the sheer terror and determination on her sweet face.

The concierge was happy to oblige and they went out again, heading for the quays, holding hands, hers trembling noticeably in his as they neared the water.

‘Cool, Buhler…you have to stay cool and let her do this in her own way’ he thought as they walked along silently.

They walked along for 10 minutes, just walking, not a word spoken and then she stopped, looking out over the water, drawing his arms tight around her waist for courage and she quietly told him about her days in captivity.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 117 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:23 am

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED-SEVENTEEN

She had felt him going through all the emotions that swamped his mind and body as she related what had happened, strangely calm now that she had found the strength to talk about it. His body tensed with anger, despair, grief, empathy and misery as she told him, her voice rising in pitch when she spoke about the fear she had tried to hide from Laurenz.

“I knew what he was going to do…he didn’t actually tell me, except for that one threat, but I knew and I thought I could just try to pretend it was you and get through it somehow…but it was impossible. There was nothing of the love, the caring and tenderness you show me. There was only pain, searing pain and a feeling of degradation…it wasn’t even sex, just the possession of an animal, using my body in ways I had never experienced. After that first time, I felt nothing but the pain, enduring it, telling myself that so long as I felt pain I was still alive, that I was giving you time to find me and take me home. I kept sane by dreaming of the memories we have created, but I couldn’t bring myself to think about making love with you, not there, not in that place.”

She turned in his arms and wiped the tears from his cheeks, unaware that her own face was shiny with tears she unconsciously had shed.

“Somehow my thoughts became twisted and I started to feel ashamed and guilty, no matter how I chided myself, the thought was still there that somehow it was my fault, that I had perhaps taken our love too much for granted and this was payback. When we came home, I wanted to respond to you but I was afraid…what if when we make love I remember those terrible times and freeze, what if I’m never again able to please you or if you can’t look at me without thinking that I’ve broken my vows and been with another man? I love you Urs, now and forever…I want to show you but I’m so afraid… Please…forgive me!...Help me!”

He could scarcely see, his eyes welling with a fountain of tears that demanded release but he bent his head to hers, his strong arms flexing with the strain of not crushing her against his chest, though he wanted to, needed to, never wanted to let her go again. If ever in his life he had a need to find the right words to express how he felt, this was it and he felt inadequate for the job, wishing he could sing to her to tell her how much he cared…words often failed him…music was the way he was able to express his deepest emotions.

“I knew you were suffering, and that I needed to be patient and let you tell me in your own time. I’ve never felt so helpless. My darling, there is nothing to forgive….don’t for one second think that you have broken your vows. You haven’t! In my mind and heart the love you give to me is still as pure and innocent as that first night when we loved one another. What you told me was painful to hear, not because he took possession of your precious body, but because I would have given anything to spare you what you went through.

“But we can not let that evil man affect our love, or the joy we shared and will share again. If memories of those terrible days try to creep into your thoughts, look in my eyes at the love you will see there and let me chase the pain and fear away.”

He kissed her face gently, a shower of tiny kisses across her cheeks, tasting her salty tears, ending at her lips with a whispered ‘Ich Liebe sie’ before he took her lips in a kiss that was soft as a breath of wind.

They didn’t see or hear the couples strolling past, smiling, sighing at the tender scene.

The kiss deepened as Maggie burrowed into his arms, timidly touching her tongue to his lips and making him groan with longing. He widened his stance, grasping her bottom and pressing her tight against his body, leaving no doubt how much she aroused him.

‘Too soon’ he thought as he felt her tense and he broke the kiss to cup her face in his hands and smile at her.

“We’re attracting an audience, Liebe…do you think you can wait until we get back to the Hotel?”

As soon as the words were out of his mouth he wondered if he was perhaps moving too fast, teasing her, but he need not have worried as she began to laugh.

“I think so, but can you walk, Swiss Rock god?”

‘Yes!! The old Maggie is on her way back!’ he cheered silently.

“You may have to walk in front of me,” he replied with a grin and put his arm around her shoulders to hug her to his side as they went back to the Hotel.

He had calmed by the time they got to the suite and he decided to follow through with his plans for a romantic evening.

The parcels they had left with the concierge were neatly stacked in the foyer and an over-sized suitbag was hanging in the closet.

“I’ve managed to get us tickets to the Symphony at the Cultural Centre tonight….and I brought you a gown to wear since it’s dressy.”

He unzipped the bag and took out the emerald silk gown that she had worn to the Prince’s Ball, smiling when she gasped and then grinned, accusing him of being the World’s Champion Romantic.

“Get dressed…we don’t want to be late.”

They very nearly were as he couldn’t resisit helping her with her lingerie, testing the stretch of the lacy panties, rolling her stockings up her legs to her thighs, so slowly that she stopped breathing, chasing her out of the room so he could dress in his tuxedo without the help that he knew would make them very, very late.

One last nibble on her delicious neck as he draped the cape over her shoulders and slipped her silver bag into his pocket and they headed for the lift.

The patrons in the lobby watched as the handsome couple walked by, a few recognizing Urs but not willing to intrude. As proof of his organizational skills a limo was waiting for them and whisked them off to the Cultural Centre where they were escorted to a private box, champagne was poured {one only for Maggie}and they settled in, just in time for the overture.

In keeping with the Christmas theme, the Orchestra was doing the Nutcracker in conjunction with the Academy of Ballet. Maggie had of course heard it often enough, but was thrilled to actually be able to see it for the first time and was mesmerized through out, clutching Urs hand except when she was applauding enthusiastically.

They decided to walk back and stop on the way for dinner since they had missed it earlier. The scents from a café with a small outdoor patio appealed to them and they took a table outside, not bothered at all by the nippy air as they feasted on Kaseschnitten and Bernese sausage, ending with a rich, dark chocolate mousse, washing it all down with Virgin Mocktails.

The city was lovely at night, the old fashioned lamp posts and lights, the fairy lights everywhere and trees in nearly every window or courtyard, dripping with Christmas decorations. Carolers still roamed the streets and they stopped a few times to listen, once even joining in though they found that public singing with their trained voices created a crowd and it wasn’t what they wanted tonight.

The suite had been transformed in their absence, more of Urs romantic planning, Maggie thought, with the lights dimmed, candles glowing softly and scenting the air and roses, so many roses and pure white lilies…in vases, in bowls, everywhere, just like it had been so long ago.

Urs clicked on the stereo after he hung up their outer wear and came across the lounge with his hands out.

“Dance with me, Liebeling,” he asked and she went into his arms to sway to the music, feeling more relaxed and loved than she could remember feeling for a long time.

“I feel like the Princess and my Prince is waking me from nightmares that kept me trapped for too long. Tonight we are celebrating our freedom to love and be loved and I’m once more filled with the desires you awakened in me, before I ever allowed myself to experience them. Share love with me, my Prince.”

She was shaking as they stopped dancing and stood in the center of the Lounge, kissing gently as the music cocooned around them, shutting out the outside world.

Unlike that first time, Urs managed to hold on to her gown and ease it off her body, lifting her out of the emerald puddle to carry her into the bedroom. He waited, disrobing her and teasing with gentle hands and mouth until she clutched at his still completely clad form and began removing his clothing. It was torture to allow her to do it all, not helping except to move his feet as she slipped his shirt, shorts and trousers off, then his socks and felt her way back up to stand tall and claim his mouth.

Only once did she hesitate, searching his eyes, finding what she needed and arching with desire under his hands, surrendering to the flames that had built so slowly into an inferno….once again they became one.

The mood between them was subtly changed in the morning when they went for breakfast in the Hotel restaurant. Heads turned to smile at them and many whispers passed between other diners about the ‘Honeymoon couple’. It was as if they had just discovered each other again and the laughter was impossible to keep controlled…as well as the passion.

They held hands, nearly constantly, stole kisses in the elevator, in the quiet hallways, spent far too much time under the arch of mistle-toe when they went near the Market, then went on to the Arts and Crafts Market and made purchases again, too much to be carried back to the Hotel. They paid to have their bundles delivered and laughed about how stuffed full the Volvo was going to be on the return trip.

At last Maggie saw the amazing Dying Lion monument and was awed speechless at the emotion it evoked. The Swiss Guards had long been highly thought of as mercenaries for their prowess and loyalty…this was one example, the Vatican Swiss Guards another.

They went on to the Rosengart Museum to view the Klee collection and spent most of the afternoon studying the over 100 exhibits from the famed Swiss painter.

Around 16h they went back to the hotel to put their feet up after a whole day of walking and to shower and change before dinner. Urs wouldn’t tell her where they were going, just that it was nice, not dressy but nice.

Showering turned into a long session of sharing love that moved from under the hot spray, to the marble counter, to the King sized bed until they were both too sated and exhausted to do more than snuggle under the Egyptian cotton sheet.

“What time is our reservation, my time obsessed Swiss?”

He chuckled and she shivered as his breath stirred her hair.

“There’s only one thing I’m obsessed with today and I don’t think I have the energy at the moment.”

She smiled and turned her body a bit so she was nestled against his side, trailing her fingers through the hair on his chest in lazy circles.

“Do you have the schedule for the new tour yet? Niki and I should be able to travel with you quite a bit this time, maybe one week every month, depending on where you are. And before you mention it, yes, I agree that we should have a Nanny…this time I think we should ask among the family and see if anyone would like the job.”

“Wonderful…and I think that’s a good idea…ask Tante Sofia…she knows everything about everyone…ahhhh…Maggie that isn’t my chest…”

“Just following the trail, M’Lord…” She laughed and continued exploring. He lay back against the pillows and for a moment thought how blessed he was…his wife, lover, friend, soulmate was back….then coherent thought evaporated and sensations enveloped him, making his body sing as her fingers and mouth remembered favorite textures and hidden treasures to be loved once more.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 117 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:25 am

He made her run through the lobby and out to the rank of taxis, then gave the driver a bonus to get them to the quay fast, both of them laughing like fools as they threw themselves in the back seat and caught their breath for the short ride.

“I did ask what time the reservation was, you know,” she said.

He leaned over and whispered in her ear, reminding her of the reason they were almost late.

“You could have said NO!” she said with a grin.

“Not likely!” His answer was firm and he accented it by biting her soft ear lobe, then sucking gently, making her squirm.

She laughed when he sat back in the seat smugly, pleased that he had made her uncomfortably hot…the smile turned into a groan when she ran the tips of her nails upwards along the inside of his thigh, clearly the winner in this game of one-up-manship he had started.

The restaurant was an historic monument, the old Schiffrestaurant Willam Tell, built in 1908 and used for Lake tours until it was drydocked in 1972 to become a restaurant. It featured dining under the cozy afterdeck or snacks and a bar in the salon…tonight the feature was the sail past of the boats from the quays, decorated for Christmas and with carolers or canned music, imaginative lighting, some that actually moved, depicting swans, reindeer and sleds, skiers, dolphins and leaping deer. It was an annual tradition that brought viewers out from all around the shores of Lake Luzern, some to restaurants and others wrapped in blankets to sit on the quays or beaches and watch the display.

Their table was perfect, at the glassed in rail on the upper deck and they enjoyed the sights and the music as they feasted on gourmet sliced chicken, done in a Calvados reduction, as an appetizer and perch fillets, done fisherman style, so succulent that it nearly melted in the mouth, accompanied by a selection of marinated grilled vegetables and a creamy Risotto. The last of the boats sailed past just as they shared a massive slice of chocolate Torte for dessert, the King of Chocolate managing to get more than his share, of course.

By tacit agreement they walked back, arms locked around each other and went to the piano bar for a night cap, a glass of white wine for Urs and Orange Juice with a splash of seltzer for Maggie.

It was quiet in the bar on this night, a Saturday in this vibrant city, the majority of revelers were frequenting other places where the entertainment was perhaps a little more action oriented. The small combo played a selection of old and new tracks and they sat close, enjoying the music in their newly awakened intimacy, touching skin to skin now and then, re-affirming the desire that lurked just under the surface.

They made a handsome couple, not just their semi casual attire of black trousers, soft gray sports jacket and black silk shirt which the man wore or the black silk cocktail dress on the petite figure of the woman, accented by the flash of a silver pendant and drop ear-rings….there was an air about them that drew the eyes, made the observer sigh at the aura of pure love, desire and commitment.

Urs had been lost in the tracks as the combo swung into a set of romantic ballads, instrumental only, tapping his fingers lightly on the table top, his lips moving as he mouthed the words. He picked up his drink and motioned to Maggie to follow him, taking her hand and moving over to lean on the piano as another couple had done, tucking her into the curve of his body as they continued to enjoy the music.

The pianist must have recognized Urs for he began playing ‘Without You’ and almost as if unconscious that he was doing so, Urs began singing along, in Spanish. He was thrilled to hear Maggie’s voice joining him as they sang all the parts, as a duet.

The piano player went directly into another track with a pleased grin that widened even further when Urs took the challenge almost without thought and started ‘You are my Miracle’, joined in the second verse by Maggie’s clear soprano. They were lost to the words and melody as they sang, unaware of the others in the bar, totally immersed in the beautiful words.

Urs:
‘I will tell you everything you’d like to know..
All the stars you wish upon
I’ll make them yours..
I’ll speak to you in poetry
To fill your dreams at night..
Make sure your every fantasy
Comes to light.

Maggie:
‘So many things I’ve never known
I will learn from you
Finding reason in your words
That are tried and true.

Urs:
‘I’ll always hear your laughter,
Through every sigh and tear,
Cherish every chance
To hold you near.

Urs”
‘You are my miracle
You are soft and pure
Just like the air I breathe
You, heart of my heart…
There’s a secret that your hold
That you hold deep within..
That so discretely hides your soul.

Maggie:
The strength I simply never found
I will find for you
What I believe our future holds
I will see it through.

Together:
‘To be with you a lifetime,
To feed this precious fire,
To hold you close,
Give all you desire.

Urs:
You are my miracle
And it’s crystal clear
Like endless summer skies.
You, heart of my heart
There’s a secret that you hold,
That you hold so discretely…
Dare to be my guide
To a love that lasts forever, always new.

Together:
‘Love, heart of my heart
There’s a secret that you hold
And you hold it so sweetly..
Will you share your secret just with me…
Ever more?

Together they sang, looking in each others eyes with such love that the other couples in the room instinctively moved closer together, needing to share the feelings of this young couple. No-one in the room was aware of the depth of meaning in the words they sang to each other, the promises that were made, the acceptance of help through the recent trauma, the commitment to their lives together…no one needed to know more than that they were witnessing a love that would endure.

They drifted back to their table as the last notes died out, collecting coats and Maggie’s small handbag. No-one clapped at the mesmerizing performance, not wanting to break the spell that had been cast. The pianist softly segued into the next track, Urs tossed Swiss francs on the table and held his dearest love tenderly in the shelter of his strong arm as they made their way to the elevator…

The combo and the other patrons sighed at the loss as they watched them leave.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 118 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:27 am

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED-EIGHTEEN

Life at Irgendwo assumed as much of a normal pace and routine as was possible with a baby in the house and the run up to the events of Christmas and New Years.

Urs got back into his expectant father mode, reminding Maggie to eat properly and take her vitamins, setting up the nursery again and turning one of the bedrooms into a permanent little boy room for Niki, a little early since he still needed to be in a crib, but they thought it would be a good idea to get him used to it.

They organized and wrapped Christmas gifts, put up the decorations and the tree, very early for that as well, but they just couldn’t wait, the invitations for New Years Eve went out and Maggie and Heidi made endless baskets of small gifts for their guests to take home.

Their relationship had changed back to what it had been, only more so, the scare of nearly losing each other had brought them closer and at first it was difficult for Maggie to convince Urs again that he was entitled to time with his friends, that she didn’t have to have him constantly dancing attendance on her. She was back in the choir now and he got in the habit of dropping her off for practices, extras because of Christmas, and joining Marc, sometimes in the pub, then picking her up later, sometimes with Sonja, Heidi and Mina.

That was another success story…Mina now had a lovely engagement ring on her hand and stars in her eyes when she talked about Yanni. They planned to be married in the spring and were building a solar home not far down the road.

Maggie finally finished the transcribing of her files into readable material and sent them off to Base. She had been asked to help out online several times, nothing major and Urs had gone on one very brief mission that lasted only 14 hours. It was some political thing that he couldn’t talk about but she knew it had been difficult for him since he was broody when he got home, so she comforted him and got him through it.

During one of their quiet evenings, after Niki was down for the night they poured over the schedule of the upcoming tour.

“Freda isn’t going to be available as a Nanny until January 15th…and I really should be here to get the results of that test on the 10th… don’t wrinkle your brow like that, Urs…it might stay that way and then the fans will be worried about you….I’m not concerned…this is OUR baby…I just want the test results to stuff up the nose of anyone who says it isn’t….. So what if we join you in Tokyo or Osaka and stay a week? Then when you go on to Oz, we’ll come home and I can do some serious work on incubating Dani while you toil in the trenches?”

“Dani?” he questioned with a grin.

She smirked at him.

“I figure if the baby is a boy we can call him Daniel after my Dad and a girl could be Danielle…Dani. Very logical and Swiss don’t you think?”

“Just so long as you don’t call any of our children Urs.”

“Why, Urs Buhler…I love your name…it’s so Swiss and unique. You’re my own sweet and cuddly guard bear.”

They had been sitting on the sofa with the schedule spread over the coffee table, only the flicker of the fireplace to read by and she pushed him back into the cushions and flopped on top of him, making him ‘oomph’ as his breath was forced out. Her hands snuck under the edge of his red tee shirt and tugged on his chest hair, just enough to tickle and he wiggled under her, laughing as she tried to pull the shirt up high enough to get her head under as well.

“You’ll stretch my shirt,” he laughed and pulled it up to his chin and off over his head, accepting defeat graciously or perhaps selfishly, since what she was doing felt wonderful.

“Well, that’s it for the serious planning…I can’t concentrate with acres of muscles and skin tempting me. I do love your body, Swiss Lover. All these different textures and the way your muscles ripple…and this…the veins that run down your arms, ending on the back of your hands. If I lay my fingers against your skin I can feel your pulse beating, here too, in your neck…it’s very sensual…I just want to bite you when I feel it.” She demonstrated by nibbling on the base of his neck, then sucking the skin hard enough to leave a mark and have the pulse she spoke of, racing.

“What’s this then? Oh, poor baby…you seem to be suffering from tight jeans syndrome again.” She giggled and tried to extract herself from the strong arms that now pinned her against the full length of his body. He rolled them over, onto the floor between the sofa and table, now on top with his weight on his bent arms as he smoothed her curls off her face and teased her, kissing her face, just reaching the corner of her hungry mouth, then drawing away with a grin before she could feast.

“Slow or fast?”

She gasped as his mouth nudged aside the closing of her robe and left a mark only he would be allowed to see on the side of her breast.

“Ahhh…slow…you…do slow…so well.”

He raised his head and smiled when he looked in her hazy eyes, heavy with longing.

“Pick a place…bed… carpet… sofa… chair… table… shower …what’s your pleasure, my Lady?”

He punctuated the whispered choices with kisses that were making her boneless, unable to think.

“Uhhh…I don’t know….shower later…but now…”

He kissed her again then levered himself off of the floor and stood to undo his belt and unbutton his jeans while she watched, wetting her lips and half sitting up. He reached out a hand to her and when she stood, softly caressed the silk robe off her shoulders, letting it drop to the floor as he led her to one of their over sized easy chairs. It took his last bit of control to remain still as she took his shorts to his ankles and he leaned back in the chair, letting her come to him, the fear that had plagued them both gone completely now, chased away by the power of their love.

Mami asked Urs to pick Yvette, Frank and Hans up at the Luzern Airport…she knew her lifemate so well that she didn’t think he should be trusted to drive, his excitement at finally seeing his youngest child, hidden from most eyes but she knew how deeply he was longing for her to actually be here.

They spotted Franks’s tall figure first, head and shoulders over most of the crowd and Urs saw him bend slightly to speak to someone, then lift her up, still holding Hans. Moments later she flew through the densely packed arrivals area and nearly crushed the little boy in her brother’s arms as she flung herself at him and was enveloped in a special Urs’ hug.

Maggie and Frank hung back behind the rapidly bubbling chatter that spilled from the happy woman as she clung to Urs’ arm, talking quickly and laughing often. Urs carried his nephew, resigning himself to letting her get it all out and eventually run down, his mind occupied with the thought that he hadn’t seen Yvie so animated since long before her fated marriage…it felt wonderful.

They reached the Volvo and stowed the luggage, set up Hans’ car seat and Urs placed his hand over her mouth with a grin.

“Calm, little sister…you’ll have to go through all this again when we get home…and I need no distractions while I’m driving.”

She blushed and Frank laughed as he installed Hans in the car seat.

“She’s been like that since we got on the flight in Toronto…I thought at one point that the other passengers were going to form a lynch mob.”

The girls sat in the back, flanking Hans and the men shared the front, Frank not at all dismayed at driving on’the wrong side’ since he had encountered it often when with the military.

Urs thought he looked just a bit nervous at meeting the huge Buhler clan and set his mind at ease.

“We put the rest of the family off until tomorrow…tonight it’s just the girls, Franz, us and Mami and Papa…and their spouses of course…… Which I suppose is enough intimidation for one night for someone coming from a small family. Don’t worry, though… Mami gets very protective of any new family members she likes and she already likes you. You make Yvie happy.”

In short order they were pulling into the driveway leading up to the homestead. As they parked behind the house, Urs saw Papa come flying out the door, followed closely by Mami. Yvette was out of the car before it slid into park and wrapped in her Papa’s arms, Mami joining them in a group hug, everyone crying and laughing while Frank collected Hans who looked confused, not sure whether to laugh or cry until Frank cuddled him and smiled.

It wasn’t until Urs and Frank made it inside to join the others in the warmth of the cozy house, loaded down with luggage while Maggie tickled Hans, that Mami freed herself from Yvette and came to Frank, holding her hands out and smiling at him in welcome.

“Welcome into our family, Son,” she said in English, folding him into her arms and squishing him against her bosom.

He answered in halting Swiss German, something that pleased her since he had made the attempt even though she was sure Yvie had assured him that most Swiss spoke English fairly well.

The next few hours they played catch up, passing news back and forth, all the family intrigued by the plans the young couple had for their farm, the last semester they would be going back to at College, the biggest surprise being that Yvette and Frank had decided to be married in a civil ceremony here while they visited and then again, more formally, in Toronto in February.

And all through the afternoon as the cake and cookies disappeared, the copious amounts of coffee were brewed and drunk, and the conversation flowed, not once did the ‘L’ word ever taint the happiness that filled the house. Urs had dealt with as many of the details as he felt necessary, online, with Maggie’s help and as far as they were concerned it was the past…the present and future were the important issues now and they looked golden.

It got a bit noisy when everyone else arrived, complete with children, but by that time Papa and Frank had bonded. The men escaped the gaggle of female giggles and chatter, the laughter of the children and took beer out to the workshop to have some peace and quiet, short lived but appreciated.

By the time dinner was over and the siblings began gathering their offspring to return home, Frank had become a fixture of the family, his gentle attitude toward Yvie and Hans endearing him to the women, his quiet, manly ways and knowledge of things masculine, making him one of the guys.

Everyone was looking forward to dinner with the entire clan at Irgendwo the next night and promised to be on time as they left with hugs and kisses.

“He’s a really nice man,” Maggie said as they checked on Niki in his new room, even though Freda, who had decided to come a month early and was already happily installed, had assured them that he was fine when they passed through the Lounge where she was reading.

“I was prepared to like him because he’s good to Yvie, but the more I get to know, the more I like him for himself. He sure knows his business, when it comes to the farm…and it’s perfect timing for them. Frank’s father started into Organic about 10 years ago and it apparently takes that long for the chemicals he used to use, to leach out of the soil so it can be truly claimed to be an organic farm.”

They went on to their suite and started getting ready for bed.

“I had a chance to talk to Frank about the farm,” Maggie said as she turned down the covers. “They know it will be a lot of work but they’re so looking forward to it….and Frank has wisely decided to redecorate the house so it will be theirs, not just something left over from his parents.”

“Did you tell him that RyanAgro is one of your companies?” Urs asked as he came up behind Maggie and rested his head against her neck.

“No, and I’d rather you didn’t tell him it’s one of OURS. We’ll keep an eye on them and make sure they have what they need and they’ll have the luxury of feeling independent, of paying their own way. I get the feeling that’s important to them.”

Urs slid his hands up under the short cream satin nightie she wore and felt his heart flutter when he encountered nothing but skin. He splayed his fingers over her still flat stomach, mildly disappointed that she had no bump yet…she was gradually filling out nicely though, almost back to her old weight and slowly building up her strength.

“Why do you bother putting these little gowns on? You know I’m only going to take it off…” he said as his fingers twitched the fabric.

She smiled, tilting her head back to look up at him.

“I like to watch your eyes when you take it off… you have this dreamy, expectant look, like the anticipation of opening a gift…then the OMG look that says…’Ahhhhh just what I wanted’…” She turned to face him and hooked her fingers in the elastic of his Calvin Kleins.

“Kind of like I feel when I look at you….. like one of those boxes of candy with the prize inside…part of the fun is searching for the prize and being awed when you see it.”

She worked his shorts down, uncovering her prize and smiling.

“Well, youcertainly aren’ttired,” she said with a grin, the words running together as the nightie came off her shoulders and pooled on the floor.

“Not anymore,” he whispered against her mouth, beginning the gentle dance that they knew so well but always found new and exciting.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 118 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:29 am

Frank became the flavor of the month when the family met him, saw Yvie and Hans and relished the changes in the formerly immature, hesitant girl. She had achieved her own potential as a woman and most realized that it was in part due to the subtle influence of this big, gentle man who clearly loved her beyond words.

Irgendwo cheerfully embraced the numerous people who came to the dinner party, easily accommodating them in the spacious Lounge, entertaining the various age groups in the varied rooms, feeding them all handily with the provisions brought from kitchens all over the Canton. Laughter filled the house, and music of course, from the stereo at first, then as instruments appeared from cars and were borrowed from the music room, impromptu sessions began… Music had always been an integral part of Buhler life, enjoyed at the knees of elders first, then learned formally throughout the years, mostly for pleasure, occasionally, as with Urs, as a passion, unabashedly shared. Even Tante Sofia coaxed her knobby fingers to caress the ivories of the grand piano, aided by Urs who covered for the stretch that her hands just couldn’t quite accomplish any more. Sinfonia done as a duet was a unique experience, to play and to witness, made all the more special by the joy everyone saw on the beloved elder’s face.

Throughout the evening, Urs found himself often catching the lilt of Maggie’s laughter from across the room, each time filling him with a warmth that was like an invisible hug. He had missed her laughter through-out the dark days they had just been through, missed seeing the mischief and sparkle in her emerald eyes and now that it was back he couldn’t get enough.

Several times their eyes met, through the moveable feast of family and he felt the jolt of pure love that he saw so clearly on her dear face. Once he followed her into the pantry and kissed her senseless, without a word, leaving her smiling and leaning against the door to the walk in cooler and rejoining the party, his overpowering urge assuaged…for now.

Gradually the party wound down. Children slept on fluffy carpets, on pillows under the tables, in parent’s arms or on any relative that was sitting long enough to offer an inviting lap. Plans were made for the holidays, parties, skiing, sledding, even skating or caroling, those with the youngest or largest families collected their groggy children and headed home and the house grew quiet, just the stereo playing softly in the background as the last few couples talked.

Hans and the twins were sleeping peacefully on one of the fake fur throws, lined up like presents near the Christmas tree while their parents and grandparents talked in front of the fireplace with Urs and Maggie.

“I think you should go,” Urs was saying to his parents, meaning to the wedding that would take place in Toronto on Valentine’s Day. “I’ll be in Australia or I would love to attend. Someone should be there to make sure that Yvie doesn’t chicken out.”

“Never happen,” the bride-to-be said sleepily from the comfort of Frank’s arms.

“Mom and Dad would hold Hans for ransom if she tried,” Frank said, unaware that his casual joke made Maggie stiffen briefly in Urs arms.

He reached over to gently turn her face so their eyes met and felt her relax against him. This would not be the last time that something triggered an unpleasant memory for her but it would get easier to handle, through time and love.

It was midnight when the last of the guests were waved at from the terrace and host and hostess went inside, leaving Cosmo in his favorite place, on guard in the little hutch that Kosta had constructed near the back doors. He sighed a big doggy sigh and lay his big shaggy head on extended front paws, his tail thumping as he received a last pet of the day from both of his people.

Freda had long been retired to her suite next to Niki’s room so they shut the house down and went up the stairs, hand in hand, well pleased with the evening, chatting about some of the high points of the night.

Once the usual routines of getting ready for bed were done and they were snuggled together under the duvet, a lassitude crept over them, peaceful, content, happy to just be together and knowing that no matter what life threw at them they would cope.

Urs stroked her shoulder idly, listening with a smile to her hum, almost purr, at the tender touch.

“Morning surprise?” he asked, craving sleep at the moment.

“MMMM…in the shower….Sweet dreams, Lover…Ich liebe sie.”

“…and I love you, my Faerie Princess,” he answered, his voice rough with approaching sleep.

They fell asleep, twined as always.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 119 * Christmas * Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 am

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED-NINETEEN…CHRISTMAS

There was a fresh snow fall early in the day on Christmas Eve, making the world around Willisau appear pristine and like the photos seen on Christmas cards. Lights twinkled on decorated trees in yards and windows, people scurried about laden with gaily wrapped parcels, children squealed with barely contained anticipation…and everywhere the happiness of the season spilled over in smiles and cheerful greetings as friends called out well wishes, even strangers wore big grins and shared the joy.

Tonight at the midnight service, the little church would again hold a night of vigil and music, sharing the special feelings of the season with any who cared to attend. The selections once more varied from classic pieces to updated ones, a few duets and solos but the congregation were encouraged to join in….and they did.

Urs had carried Niki in, tucked securely in his father’s arms, sleeping until the singing woke him. Coming from a house filled often with music and with his music oriented family, the little boy woke happy, looking around at the familiar faces of loved ones in the family pew, clapping his tiny hands, amused when he felt the vibrations of his father singing, trying to catch the lovely sounds coming from that mouth that so often smiled at him or blew raspberries against his tummy. Then he spotted his own special Mami in the choir of gowned singers and his arms went out to her as he bounced up and down, eager to go to her.

Urs saw Maggie’s cheeks redden as she realized what was happening and he held Niki closer to his face, singing with the choir but to his son…. The distraction worked and the baby quieted, fascinated with the vibrant tones he heard and felt as Urs’ harmony for The First Noel wove throughout the church, complementing the melody sung by the choir.

After the very short sermon Nikolai took the baby from Urs and his deep baritone soon had the child soothed and sleeping again and his grandfather smiling smugly at his son. Urs just smiled and wondered if he would ever have the magic effect on children that his Papa had.

Yvie was sitting next to Urs, Frank beside her with Hans sleeping contentedly against his shoulder. It felt as if she had never left so many years before, for the half life she had endured with Laurenz. The years of torture, of not being allowed to attend family functions, seemed like a bad dream and now she had wakened to resume the important things that made life worthwhile.

She glanced at the faces of those around her, family, friends, new friend and lover, soon to be husband. This was as it was supposed to be, as it would be in the future and happy tears welled up as she raised her voice in song, celebrating the birth of the Christ child and her own re-birth. She felt a hand slip over hers and smiled at Frank. How well he understood what she was feeling.

Mami watched over her brood without seeming to, just as she often did, pleased to see how happy everyone was at last. It was all a mother could ask for…to see those she loved happy and healthy, enjoying life, sharing, praising the heavenly Father for the blessings they received. She took a half step closer to the man she had entrusted with her heart for so many years, silently thanking God that he had allowed her to find and keep her soulmate, that together they had created a family of love and caring. Her voice, over the years had changed from soprano to alto, never formally trained but pure and resonant still from the hours of practice as she labored in love for her circle of family and friends…and beyond. She slipped her hand into the crook of Nikolai’s arm and let her voice soar, blending with those about her as she had blended her life into so many others.

For Urs this was a special Christmas. His family was complete again and out of danger. Personally, he and Maggie had weathered likely the most traumatic event ever to occur in their lives and had succeeded in becoming closer than ever. He watched as she sang with the choir, instinctively knowing that he was looking at her and turning her eyes to briefly meet his, sending him a look of love that he felt, as it went straight to his heart.

Not for the first time, he silently thanked God for giving them the strength to overcome the trials of the past years and for the gift of the new lives they had created. He felt Yvie briefly squeeze his hand and as if she knew, felt Mami take his other hand for a loving pat….the joy over whelmed him and happy tears ran freely down his cheeks as he sang with his loved ones.

He waited in the throng of milling congregation at the foot of the steps, Niki once more sleeping in his arms, responding to greetings from family and friends, but not quite feeling complete until he spotted Maggie’s curly mop of hair as she came around the building with other choir members. She was laughing at something that had been said and found him as if he had been spotlit, said something to her companions and wound through the crowd to his side.

“Glucklich Christfest, Geliebt,” she said, stretching up to reach his face and kiss him over the lump on his chest that was their son.

“Danke, Liebeling…to you too…. Niki was good, don’t you think?”

She laughed and touched the sleeping child, very gently so as not to disturb him.

“For a minute I thought he was going to burst into song as well. Heaven help us when he learns how to talk…do you want to visit for a bit or are you ready to go? Freda is going with her son and daughter in law I think…they picked up her case earlier, when you were helping Kosta bring in more firewood.”

“Did you manage to talk Kosta and Heidi into coming to the homestead with us tomorrow for dinner?”

“Yes….she kept saying ‘it’s a family thing’ and I told her that they are as close as makes no difference to being family so they should come with us. Then she said they would come but only if they could bring something and I told her that makes it official…all the family brings something to eat.” She laughed remembering the conversation and knew exactly what Urs would say next.

“Is she going to bring that decadent chocolate torte that the two of you make? I volunteer to try the first slice.”

Maggie chuckled as they made their way to the Volvo…clearly he was ready to go.

“You are so predictable…when it comes to food, M’Lord. One of these days I’m going to try dipping beets in chocolate and laugh at you when you eat them.”

He wrinkled his nose…beets were something that he refused to eat, vehemently, no matter how she prepared them.

“Only when it comes to food?” he asked with a little smile and lowered lashes, that sly sexy look that made him irrestistable.

“Yes…the rest of the time I never know what to expect …except that what ever it is I’ll like it. You are so full of surprises, all the little things you say or do, the presents I find for no real reason and when I ask why, you just smile and say ‘it’s Tuesday’ or ‘just because’.”

He laughed and reached his free arm out to hug her as she opened the door so he could put Niki in the car seat.

“You do tend to bring out the creative side of my nature, Liebe.”

Heidi and Kosta caught up to them and they all piled in the car for the short ride home.

It was very late when everyone was tucked into bed, happy and tired, looking forward to the next day of festivities.

Urs and Maggie were just a bit too keyed up from the pleasures of the evening and the anticipation of tomorrow and lay together taking about New Years and about life, about the future and the plans they had finally worked out for Maggie, Niki and Freda to join the tour a few times.

She was nearly dropping into the softness of sleep when she heard him speaking to her again, so softly that at first she wasn’t sure what he had said.

“Sorry, Luv…I didn’t realize that you were almost out. I was just wondering if I’ve told you often enough how much I love being married to you. I didn’t know what an emptiness there was in my life until you entered it and now…I just don’t know how I existed for so long, thinking I was a happy man. Now I know what it is to be truly happy, to have a life that makes me wake each morning eager to get on with the day.”

“You don’t have to tell me with words, my Swiss…I see it in your eyes, in the smiles when you think I’m not watching, in the joy when you play with Niki, in the gentle way you have of touching me whenever we are close. You show me constantly, the way you care for me, even little things like taking the heaviest bags when we shop or walking between me and the street so I don’t get splashed, the way you take my hand to climb over logs when we’re hiking…I could do it alone but I love that I don’t have to…you are always thinking ahead and taking care of me. I know you’re happy, my darling and I want to keep you that way. I love to see the wonder in your eyes when I’ve made something specially for you, like those bars you hide from the guys, or the contented sigh when you have overdone the workouts and I give you a massage.

“You make my life complete too, Urs. You gave me your love to keep forever and the seed of your body to create our children. You make my heart sing as it never knew was possible. I love you, my lover, my friend, my husband and soulmate.”

They kissed tenderly with a gentle passion that needed no other physical expression and sighed with contentment as they nestled under the duvet, relaxed, happy…together.

Maggie woke feeling something cold on her chest and would have brushed it off but her hands were held in warm palms as someone leaned over her in their big bed, his breath stirring her hair as he bent to kiss her mouth tenderly.

“Merry Christmas, Princess,” he said and she opened her eyes to find his sparkling amber eyes only inches away, crinkled at the corners in laughter.

“”Morning, Luv…how much sleep did we get?...10 minutes?...Urs it’s still dark out!”

“But Maggie, I made coffee…and it’s Christmas…and I love you.”

She laughed and tried to sit up but he took her hand and placed it on her chest. Now she remembered…something cold…her fingers closed over the smooth feeling of a cool chain and some kind of jewelry and she lifted it to see.

It was exquisite, a pendant that hung from a platinum chain, the setting rather simple of three round cut sapphires in a line, separated by baguette cut diamonds, the saphires pink, then yellow, then blue.

“Oh, Urs, it’s lovely…you have the most amazing taste in jewels.”

‘Of course…I have the rarest jewel right here in my arms….I know it’s corny but I like corny…sometimes it’s the best way to express emotion.”

“Don’t ever change…I love you even if you are corny sometimes. Can I wear the pendant to dinner at Mami’s?”

“Of course, Liebe…everyone will be in their Sunday best, even if the shoes will come off later when we recover from dinner. Why is it that on days like this we all eat too much?”

He had moved to let her up now and she reached in the bedside table and drew out an envelope, giving him a kiss on his bare hairy chest then handing it to him.

“Merry Christmas Luv.”

The card inside had nothing to do with the Holiday Season …instead it was a photo of a sunset with a cowby on a rearing horse, silhouetted against a blazing sky. He raised an eyebrow at her as she tried not to grin and put her hands over her mouth, her emerald eyes twinkling above her fingers.

Inside she had written a little note on the blank page and several photos lay nestled in the fold, turned so only the backs showed.

‘For happy trails and beautiful sunsets ….come share them with me.’

He turned the photos over and saw pictures of four horses, 3 geldings and a mare, beautiful creatures that looked spirited, thoroughbred and well cared for….a roan, a dark chestnut with a thick mane and tail of copper, a snowy white slightly smaller gelding and the last a tricolor with the most intriguing pattern that extended into his mane.

“Yanni has promised to build an extention onto the workshop, kind of a breezeway and then a barn/stables and a paddock in that clearing beyond the first copse of trees. We can’t take delivery until spring but when you come home for the summer you will be able to ride.”

He crushed her in his arms, his eyes almost disappearing as he grinned with pleasure at her gift.

Just then there was a murmur coming from the Baby Monitor. They shared one last hug and kiss and put on robes to go collect their son for his first Christmas.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 119 * Christmas * Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:32 am

It didn’t take Niki long to get the hang of unwrapping presents and delving into the stocking that was almost as big as he was. Urs sat on the floor with him and helped while Heidi and Kosta opened their stockings and gifts and Maggie interspersed coffee and juice runs with unwrapping her own gifts.

By the time breakfast was finally ready after all the unwrapping, sighing, laughing and even happy crying, Urs had put away about half of Niki’s presents, leaving him a few to play with in his play area…the rest would come out in a few weeks when he became bored or needed something more stimulating.

As Maggie served him his breakfast she kissed her husband for about the one hundredth time in thanks for the Klee he had somehow managed to get for her, a small rendering of oil on canvas, entitled Summer, that she had immediately placed over the mantel out of harms way. She also worked on talking him out of wearing his new leathers to the dinner…they were his favorite, black, with lots of laces and buckles and would fit him like a second skin, but not exactly suitable for a family dinner. Instead, she pleaded until the new dove grey merino sweater and heavy platinum twisted oval chain won out, along with the pleated black trousers and mohair/wool knee length black coat.…the new croc boots were optional since they would come off anyway.

By just after noon they were off, the Volvo loaded with baby gear and food that Maggie and Heidi had pulled out of the pantry, prepared the day before and chilled. They took the truck as well, loading the back with the presents for family members and headed out, arriving when the property was already thronged with people.

Frank and Papa had cleared a large area for parking so they unloaded and then the men parked the vehicles while the women went in to mingle.

There was a comforting sameness to the dinner and the laughter as everyone chatted, music played, children ran around and gifts, mostly small but treasured, were exchanged.

Urs found a lull in the action going on almost non stop in the kitchen to corner Mami and lift her off her feet for an Urs-bear-hug and a double cheek kiss.

“Merry Christmas, Mami…and thank you.”

“For what, dear boy?”

“For so many things…for raising me to have a strong and loving heart, for always being there when I needed you…and for being there for Maggie when she was confused and suffering…I don’t know what you two talked about in the nursery, but it helped. My darling wife is back and healing…and I’ve never been happier.”

“There are somethings that have to remain just between mother and daughter…. She is a good woman, Urs…and you are a good man…..just trust and love each other and you will not be sorry.”

Only the laughter of someone coming in the kitchen enabled him to hold back the rush of emotion at this praise from his dear mother. He kissed her cheek again and set her feet back on the floor. She patted his arm and smiled at him, sharing one last moment before returing to her kitchen chores.

The rest of the day went along as choreographed chaos that somehow worked out to a day enjoyed by all.

Dinner was excellent, too much was consumed, exhuberance faded as stomaches filled and soft furnishings were sought out to recover from the over indulgence of excitement and food. Conversations quieted, children slept anywhere they could find a safe place, teens escaped outside to expend the last of their energy on the slopes with tobaggans and the dishwasher hummed softly as the dinnerware was readied for the next round.

Urs and Maggie had found a spot next to the grand piano. Niki was sleeping with his purple tiger on a pillow Urs had stolen from his old bedroom while he rested his back against the wall and cuddled Maggie against his chest, sitting her between his raised knees.

She had opted for a pant suit today, a sleek rust suede, with dressy trousers, a hip length jacket and a rust satin sleeveless blouse ….and of course her new pendant. Her jacket was long gone in the warmth of the house and he ran his long fingers up and down her bare arms, just enjoying the soft texture of her skin, breathing in the delicate scent of her.

“Tired?”

“Too full,” she said with a soft laugh.

“Me too…but I have room for dessert soon.”

“I think Mami and Papa liked the new luggage…and the tickets to Toronto for the wedding.”

“You know they did…just wait until they see the house….It’s really quite beautiful.”

“I haven’t been there in years, but I’m really glad we still had it and could have Yvie stay there.”

She was quiet for a few minutes and he knew she was napping, her breathing had changed. He looked up as he adjusted her head a bit better against his shoulder and saw Tante Sofia watching them, smiling, not really aware that he was looking at her as she seemed to be lost in memories.

With a flash of insight he realized that at one time she had been young and in love and to see him with Maggie must be bringing back memories of that long ago time. He closed his eyes, not wanting to intrude on her reminicences, just happy at this additional side-effect of the love he shared with his little wife.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 120   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:33 am

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED-TWENTY

“I’m going to miss having David, Pet and Paul here over the New Year,” Urs said as they were dressing on the 30th, preparing to go downstairs and wait for the arrival of Carlos and Gerry, Geena, Seb, Ricky and Anna. Urs had arranged for a limo to pick them up since there were just too many people for the Volvo.

“Well, we know what it’s like to have to forgo travel for the last month or so of gestation. Everytime the phone rings I think maybe it’s David saying their baby is here.”

“At least this time I won’t have to make a mad dash across the world to be here on time…and we can celebrate our anniversary together.”

“And your birthday…I don’t suppose that you’re going to give me any hints about what you want?”

He turned her around and clipped her bra, taking the opportunity to cup her full breasts gently and lower his mouth to her neck for a nibble and kiss.

“Hey…I’m wearing a low cut dress tomorrow night, you lecherous man…no marks!”

He chuckled and moved lower down.

“How low?”

“Lower than that…yes… oh yes…MMMMMMMMMM…what a pleasant way to avoid having my question answered.”

“I already have everything I want or need,” he said with a last fondle of her taut bottom as he let her go and stood back to smugly admire his handiwork on her ribs.

She pulled her tee shirt on and noticed that Urs was looking at the small photo album that he carried when he traveled.

“We have to update my photos of Niki…he changes so quickly, week to week. I was just thinking about the others…how happy David and Pet are and so looking forward to their newest child, the news that Carlos and Gerry had the other day about being at the top of the list…I wonder when Seb and Geena are going to start their family?”

Maggie grimaced as she came over to hug him.

“You are such a caring man, Urs…I love how you want to share being a parent with your friends. Unfortunately Seb and Geena can’t have children….they’ve been trying and Geena went for a check up when nothing happened…apparently her bastard of a father saw to it that he and his son would never get caught again…some doctor friend of his did something to Geena so she can never have children. Seb knows…she cleared the air totally with him as soon as she found out…so unless they adopt, Ricky is all the son they will ever have.”

His mobile face went through a variety of emotions: anger, disgust at a father that could treat his child that way, sadness and empathy then a quiet compromise.

“Then we’ll just have to make sure that our children have lots of love for their very special Tante and Onkle. Maybe they would like to be Godparents for Dani, like Pet and David are for Niki.”

She laughed, wondering if he was aware that he too was already thinking of the baby as Dani.

They wandered downstairs, passing Niki’s room where Freda was putting fresh linens on his bed and smiled, shaking her head when they offered to help.

“The little Prince is in his play area, practicing his newest trick…I swear he’ll be walking or at least crawling like a crab before the middle of the month.”

The image of Niki getting up on his hands and feet and rocking, not sure what to do next came to them and they chuckled….yes the changes were coming fast and furious now.

Urs played with Niki while Maggie made coffee and set out a tray of sweet nibbles to tide them all over until lunch time. She listened to them both laughing, the happy sound carrying over the soft piano renditions of Mozart that wafted about the rooms. What a joy it was to hear her men joying each other, especially the full throated laughter from her relaxed and content husband. The decision to have children had been a good one for them, one that completed the circle of their love, that added a fullness to their lives that they needed and hadn’t even been aware of the lack until the reality was upon them.

He was a good father, as she had known he would be…with Papa for an example and his own gentle, loving nature how could he have been otherwise?

“Urs, bring Niki for a snack, would you please?” she called out and smiled as she listened to the one sided conversation he held with his son.

“You starving, little man? I believe your Mami has some goodies for us…maybe even chocolate for me and some fruit for you…yes, I know, you would prefer the chocolate too but that’s for later, when you’re a bigger boy…for now you need to eat other good things to get big and strong…don’t forget, you will soon have a little brother or sister to take care of.”

Niki, as always, was fascinated when Urs spoke directly to him, chortling and making undecipherable sounds, trying to get his chubby hands in Urs mouth to see where those soothing sounds came from.

He placed Niki in the special high chair and popped a whole brownie in his mouth off the platter while Maggie proceeded to spoon mushed peaches in the ravenous little mouth. She gave Niki a spoon cushioned with a soft plastic covering to play with, a precursor to the boy being able to feed himself somewhere in the future.

“If you took bites you wouldn’t end up with chipmunk cheeks, SRG.”

He finished chewing and swallowed before answering.

“But it tastes so good, sitting in my mouth, all chocolately and with the icing melting…I won’t do it when we have company… Promise.” His bad little boy smile made her laugh and he kissed her lightly, tasting all ‘chocolatey’ and making Niki laugh and spray peaches all over the tray of his chair.

“You are such a bad influence on your son,” she said but laughed.

“How come when he does something cute, he’s Mami’s little boy and when he’s slightly naughty he’s mine?” He grinned at her and went for a wet cloth to wipe up the mess.

“It’s a law, I think. Get used to it,” she shot back with a grin.

They finished the snack and a small glass of milk served from a sippy glass that Niki tried to help hold, then Freda appeared to take him for a change and nap.

It wasn’t long after that the Limo arrived and deposited the excited passengers to climb the steps to the terrace and be enveloped in welcoming hugs by Urs and Maggie. Ricky and Anna hung back a bit at first but were dragged forward by Urs and assured that they were expected to be part of this large extended family and enjoy themselves.

The look on Ricky’s face when Cosmo came barreling around the end of the house, close behind Kitzi who had come to see what all the commotion was about…Priceless!! Urs could see the young man’s fingers twitching, eager to pull his camera out of the case hanging from his shoulder.

“Go ahead…her name is Kitzi and she’s a real ham when she sees a camera.”

It took a few minutes to get the others to come in the house since none of them had ever been up close and personal with a fawn before and enjoyed watching the antics as she pranced and leapt, playing with Cosmo and Ricky clicked away to his heart’s content.

Eventually they went inside, before Urs and Maggie turned blue with the cold…once again Anna and Ricky were awed at the size and beauty they found. Rooms were portioned out, clothing changed and a tour given by Seb who had been here before and thought he knew his way around…he didn’t do badly, only getting lost once in the stone tunnel and ending up in the Bunker/Panic room, then pretending that he had meant to show it to them anyway.

“Why do they need this? Is it because they’re rich?” Ricky asked as he glanced around at the bunks, communication centre and compact kitchen.

“I suppose being well-to-do has that kind of limitations but this is a law in Switzerland for every building of any larger than usual size. The government prides itself that there is a secure spot for everyone in the country, in the event that it is needed. Urs decided to go fairly extensive since they plan on a big family.”

They returned to the Lounge to join the others and, as if he had been fairly bursting with news that needed to be told, Carlos immediately took center stage.

He held Gerry’s hand tight to his chest and wiggled his eyebrows, making Maggie chuckle, as he made his announcement.

“We are going to become Madre and Padre on January 3rd. The agency has a beautiful little girl who needs someone to love her and we do…We’ve spent some days with her, even one whole weekend and she is so perfect. The papers will be finished on the third and then Marielle will come home to us.”

The excitement in the room couldn’t be contained as their friends, all aware of how long they had yearned for children, shared the Spanish couple’s joy, asked questions, laughed and even cried at the happiness they witnessed.

The little girl was nearly 3, old enough to travel some since she was very healthy. The photos that Carlos produced showed a pretty dark haired child with sparkling brown eyes and a toothy grin. Maggie and Gerry got in an immediate discussion of what she and Urs had worked out for the tour and Gerry was thrilled since none of the separations would be longer than 3 or at most 4 weeks…that was much more manageable than the several months that they had endured on the last tour.

Heidi breezed in while they were talking, returning from a marathon baking session with Mami and Yvie. She asked about dinner but Magie smiled and said they would cope, heaven knew there was enough food prepared ahead in the freezers and pantry to feed the Swiss Guard should they drop by.

“Join us if you like…and make Kosta take it easy this afternoon…he’s been working on a parking area most of the morning.”

Heidi left and Maggie wandered to the kitchen, surprised to find Anna behind her when she began to look for something to make a lunch for the crowd.

“May I help? I’m not a bad cook and I can take orders quite well.”

Maggie laughed and admitted that she needed inspiration more than help.

They settled on a crudite tray and an assortment of hot or cold sandwiches alongside a bowl of Heidi’s famed Gerstensuppe. Freda joined them at the table with Niki who loved Gerstensuppe, even though he wasn’t allowed the chunky bits…not enough teeth yet to chew the pieces of veg and meat.

Conversation flowed around the table, anecdotes of their time apart, plans for the future, and teasing of Urs when he took over the job of feeding Niki.

“You’ve become so domesticated, Swiss,” Carlos said with a grin but Urs ignored the comment when he noted the look of longing and envy in the Spaniard’s eyes.

“We ‘ave some news too,” Seb said in a lull in the conversation and everyone focused on his bashfully smiling face.

“Geena and I have been working with AMTM for a while now, trying to get an orphanage started up for the child victims of the wars that are destroying families all over the world. The first one will be opening near Simon’s estate this summer and we will make it our home base. We will soon have a larger family than all of you put together,” he said with a grin, taking Geena’s hand and raising it to his mouth for a quick kiss.

They went on to talk about the purchase of the property, the renovations being done and the government red tape that Simon had helped them wade through.

“I’ve told Simon that my involvement with the Agency will be limited to health issues from July on…or of course any things involving children…the same for Seb,” Geena said, being very careful not to say too much in front of ‘civilians’.

“Did he freak out?” Urs asked.

“Not at all…he said he expected it and that David had already mentioned that he and Pet would only be available for Planning and…computer jobs since they now will have the two kids and must think of them first.”

Urs glanced at Maggie and noted the thoughtful look on her face as she mulled over what had been said. He filed it away for discussion privately later, his mind whirling as he thought that perhaps there would be a way of them continuing to help as well, while not risking turning their children into orphans. It was a comforting ray of hope that he intended to delve into further.

Ricky came to Urs after their meal when the guys were starting a game of billiards in the games room.

“Sir, I know you’re a private person so I though I should ask if it’s okay to take pictures of your home…just for myself. It’s really amazing and I’d like to show my sisters when we get back.”

“Not if you’re going to call me ‘Sir’ the whole time you’re here. Please, call me Urs, all my friends do. The only thing I ask is that you don’t identify where our home is. This is my Lair, my Haven from the outside world and I would hate to find a bunch of Paparazzi at the gate or fans trying to sneak in through the forest. It would mean having to live in an armed camp with security and all that stuff. Maggie is very wealthy, in her own right, as well, so there’s always the question of kidnap…you must have known that we left the Striesand tour very abruptly and it was for that reason….I never want her to have to live through something like that again.”

Ricky had paled as he realized that Urs was treating him as an adult and sharing something so private that even Seb, who usually couldn’t keep a secret more than 15 minutes, had said nothing.

“Thank you…and thank you for sharing something so personal with me…it won’t go any further, I promise you.”

For the rest of their stay, Ricky was seldom without a camera or two, happily taking photos that he was careful to edit,, deleting anything like licence plates or mountains that might identify the location. He used Millie to print off some pics that Maggie and Urs loved and wanted copies of, especially the hundred or so that he took of Niki who was captured on film often by the constantly intrigued young photographer.

Millie also fascinated him, so much so that Maggie even showed him Marvin, the computer system that she was working on for Urs’ ‘Puter as a surprise for when he left on tour. Marvin would make it so much simpler for them to keep in touch.

There was so much to think about when they were showering before bed….all the news from Seb and Carlos, the call from David to say that Pet had a back ache and thought she might be in labor and especially the feeling of not eing able to wait for the party tomorrow night.

Maggie was excited…and insatiable …as they showered, one climb up that mountain not nearly enough.

“Remind me to have this bench padded,” Urs mumbled with his head buried against her neck…. “ and some rubber strips on the floor for traction. Woman, you are truly amazing…and exhausting.”

“Just getting an early start on my second trimester, Lover…. You tired?”

She slipped off his lap and snuck her hands behind him to massage his glutes, gently, nudging his knees apart to make room for her body to snuggle against him.

“Yes…no… Mercy!!...ach Mein gott!!... you have not one second… over an hour…. to stop… doing that or I…refuse…to…be… respon…sible…”

His hands in her hair, cupping her head, told her how he really felt.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 121   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:34 am

CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED TWENTY-ONE

With impeccable timing, as always, David called just as the first sleigh full of guests were coming up the driveway.

“WE HAVE A DAUGHTER!!” he screamed into the mouthpiece of the phone, nearly deafening Urs who wondered why his friend had even bothered using the instrument….his excitement would have carried across the ocean quite easily.

“How is Petra?” he asked, waving Maggie over to share the news.

“Who? Just kidding…she’s amazing…she pulled this off as if it’s something she does every day. I’m a basket case…funny, no one ever asks how the father is! Seriously, she’s great…tired but happy and our little Angela is perfect…6 lbs 11 ounces, so blonde you can hardly see her hair…Urs, she has fingernails!!”

Urs smiled at the typical new father wonder he could hear in his American brother’s voice, remembering the awe he had felt when giving Niki an inspection months before.

“Congratulations, Stretch…Make sure you give Pet a kiss and hug from all of us…and send us some pics as soon as you can through Millie.”

“Thanks…I’m so happy I feel I can do anything…did you feel like this? Does it go away in time?”

“Yes, I did and no, it doesn’t…everytime you hear about a baby being born it comes back and whenever you look at your kids it pops back, stronger than ever. Welcome to the brotherhood, Bro. Oh and by the way, Happy New Year.”

“To you guys too…I need to get back to Pet before she falls asleep…and yes I’ll send some pics…I already have about 100 and Angela is only 1 hour and… 23 minutes old.”

Urs was surrounded by friends now, eagerly awaiting the news. He grinned at the exuberance he heard still from his friend, knowing that David was on a high that would take quite a whle to calm and then only briefly. They talked a few minutes longer and then disconnected.

Maggie had gone to greet their first guests, so he told the rest of the audience who waited and then went to seek her out.

She was helping with coats and hugs, laughing as she had cold hands teasing her bare back, explaining that Urs was on the phone about their friends’ newly delivered baby, introducing Ricky who had decided to be the official photographer for the evening.

He greeted the cousins, aunts and uncles who were first to arrive, directing the young ones off to the play room and leaning over Maggie when he saw her questioning eyebrow raise to whisper ‘Pet’s fine, apparently amazing…a daughter they are calling Angela.’

The party went much as it had last year, only with more people as many arrived later in the evening, having first gone to drop in on a few friends, knowing well that once they came out to Irgendwo they wouldn’t want to leave.

The sleighs jangled back and forth with a happy cargo, drivers popped in for a refill of their hot chocolate thermoses, the glassed in portion of the terrace, heated tonight, filled with rows of winter boots and heavy coats on the temporary racks, people danced, visited, chatted, accepted glasses of wine from the circulating teen wait staff…the predominate sound in the house was laughter mingled with conversation and music coming from the speakers spread throughout the rooms.

Maggie slipped away around 10 to check on the little ones, first using the facilities in their suite and freshening her mop of curls. Her gown this time was a simple halter topped sheath of dove grey velvet, side slit for ease of movement and accented by the diamond and saphire pendant Urs had given her. She was thinking about how well they matched tonight since he had opted for grey as well, a charcoal suit of merino paired with a dark grey shirt that had a silver thread running through it and his newest boots, the grey and black toned croc boots that had also been a Christmas present. As if by magic he suddenly appeared at her side, smiling as their eyes met in the mirror.

“My husband will be jealous if he knows you followed me up here,” she said with a teasing grin.

“Sorry…I just needed something…”

He splayed his hands around her waist and lowered his curly head to kiss her neck, then turned her in his arms for a proper kiss.

“There, that feels better….” he murmured when he broke the kiss but still held her against him.

“I just came up to check on the little ones,” she said, working her hands under his suit jacket and stroking his back.

“Me too…sort of…I saw you go up the stairs…I did peek in the play room and Josie has everything under control…those who are still awake are watching a Disney movie about Penguins, the others are crashed on the pads we put in the far end, the food has been demolished and Josie gave me a thumbs up so there are no problems.”

“I feel guilty that Freda is taking care of the babies and not coming down.”

“Don’t Love…she doesn’t like crowds but loves babies, that’s why she volunteered. We’ll peek in on our way back down.”

Niki was sleeping peacefully when they looked in on him, the twins sharing the bed that he would eventually graduate to, asleep as well, the monitor on the nightstand near them.

In the nursery Freda fed and rocked a baby, sitting in the rocking chair as 4 more babies lay sleeping in their travel cribs about the room. She grinned at them and waved them away, pointing to the monitor to indicate that she had heard them check on Niki. An empty plate on one of the small tables was proof that she had eaten some of the appetizers that were being passed around, so Maggie didn’t ask, just smiled as they waved back and shut the door.

They went back downstairs, arms around waists and paused part way…it was a lovely vantage point for gazing about at their happy friends and family in clusters around the spacious room.

The fireplace was snapping and crackling merrily with a group of people sitting on the hearth or standing, drinks in hand chatting. All of the chairs and long sofas were occupied with people sipping their wine or beverage of choice, dressed in a rainbow of glittering outfits, laughing and trading stories of their lives, smiling, not a sad or morose face anywhere to be seen.

One of the teen daughters of a cousin came out of the kitchen bearing a replenished tray and laughing at some comment that was made as she scurried past and headed down the hall to the games room to join her hungry peers.

A gaggle of ladies was in the kitchen, assisting Heidi, Mami and Yvie to defrost more of the appetizers that the servers found were going fast, looking like bright butterfies in their long gowns of red, yellow, blue and silver as they flitted from station to station, somehow managing to avoid any major collisions.

Several couples had found space to dance to the melodies coming from the guitars and piano as David, Seb, and Franz did what came like second nature to them…making music for others to enjoy.

“I think next year we better put up the glass enclosures around the terrace and summer kitchen…I thought the house was big but it’s beginning to burst at the seams,” Urs said with a crinkled grin as he surveyed the happy throng.

“It’s the magic of this place, Luv,” Maggie said with a smile as she hugged him. “Happiness breeds more happiness….it’s like a snowball rolling downhill, just keeps getting bigger and bigger.”

He laughed remembering something.

“Like the snowman we made yesterday that turned into a whole family, Mama, Papa, kids, even a dog…that picture Ricky took is worth blowing up and keeping.”

She noticed his eyes tracking back to the small group around the piano and gave him a little nudge.

“Go get your guitar or violin, Urs…I know you’re itching to join in the orchestra….and I love these impromptu jam sessions you guys have.”

He grinned and kissed her cheek, then sped away, disappearing into the hall, heading to the Music Room for an instrument.

When the flutes of champagne began circulating around 10 minutes before midnight, everyone knew that the expected grand finale of their night was soon upon them. The buffet tables in the dining room were ready for the after midnight feast, needing only the trays of hot food to settle above the small burners, the cold already in place, covered with silver domes.

Coats or wraps were collected and blankets for the front row of elderly who would occupy the cushioned seats near the rail, everyone helped everyone else to find the perfect spot and as the count down began the signs of imminent fireworks at the stroke of midnight began with the glow of sparklers that twinkled in the lower pasture.

“Ten..nine..eight..seven..six…” more and more voices added to the count as they waited in anticipation. At ‘one’ a collective breath was taken and then it began…the sky was filled with bursts of color from the trails of fire and sparks that raced into the dark night, showers of sparks and trails of light spun crazily as pinwheels flared on posts that had been placed about the ground while more and more showers of color sprayed across the sky, some gently floating near the ground on tiny sparkling parachutes before bursting into a mini fountain of light.

The audience Ohhh’d and Ahhh’d, kissed each other and wished Happy New Year, completely enthralled with the moment and the display.

Urs pulled Maggie into his arms, well back from the crowd and drew her velvet wrap a bit tighter around her to keep out the cold. They shared a kiss that almost went out of control then merely stood together, watching.

“Maggie, remember when you asked me what I wanted for my birthday?” He continued when she nodded and looked up at him with a question in her eyes.

“There is one thing that would make me even happier than I am now. Will you marry me again? Will you go through the civil ceremony with me, on our second anniversary, my 36th birthday? I didn’t realize how much it would mean to me until I heard that Frank and Yvie will be keeping with the tradtion while they are here.”

Her eyes filled with tears as she listened to his request.

“Yes, my darling…I will marry you again, every chance I get.”

In the flash and glare of the fireworks Urs pulled a small box out of his pocket, removed the ring inside and slid it on the ring finger of her right hand.

“This is an eternity ring, a symbol of the undying love I have for you, and of the joy being married to you has filled my heart and soul with. There is no beginning, no end, just a circle that will go on forever.”

She looked at it flashing on her hand, a circle of brilliant, small, square cut emeralds interspersed with baguette diamonds and felt her heart flutter.

“Ich liebe sie, Urs.”

“Ich liebe sie, Maggie.”

This time the kiss they shared was tender, a kiss of promise and commitment.

It was nearly 4 in the morning when the last of the guests departed and Urs and Maggie were able to bid their friends good night as they climbed the stairs to check on Niki one last time and get ready for bed.

Once again the evening had been a success, few of the revelers had become overly inebriated since there was so much food that needed to be nibbled on through out the night and those who did overindulge were quietly encouraged to switch to coffee.

The copious amounts of food had vanished as if vacuumed away, the hired servers had performed with perfect attentiveness, even the children and teens had enjoyed a lovely party.

Maggie was pensive as she brushed her teeth and changed into one of her teasing nighties, this one a hip length little piece of blue lace that exposed more than it hid.

“You look like you have something important on your mind Liebe,” Urs said as he played with the straps on her gown, slipping them off her shoulders and out of his way.

She smiled, wondering if now was a good time to tell him about the conversation she had with Mina and how it had started her thinking.

‘No secrets’ she thought and sighed.

“Mina came to me and thanked me for introducing her to Yanni….and she said something that started me thinking. She said that she loved her husband, ‘desperately’, was the word she used but I think it was the way you and I love…completely, totally, without reservations. When Dick was taken from her so suddenly she was devastated and found it impossible to get on with her life. It wasn’t until she began to get out a bit, joining the choir, teaching crocheting, going to work most days, that she really joined the human race again. Then she met us and gradually realized that she had been wallowing in self pity and it wasn’t what Dick would have wanted for her. He taught her how to love, how to enjoy life…a love like that only comes once, but the ability to love is always there once it has been so sublimely kindled. To not share herself in another lasting relationship is an insult to the memory of such a good man. She said it isn’t the same, what she feels for Yanni and rightly so…it could never be that first young love again but a mature love between two caring people is a wonderful thing and that’s what she feels now.

“So I got thinking about us…if something happened to you, I would never love another man the way I love you…you are that one special soulmate that fills my heart completely. But I like to think that after a time I could move on, never forgetting you, but honoring what you have taught me about sharing myself with another person, by marrying again. Would it upset you to think that I could do that?”

Urs held her against his chest, rocking her slightly back and forth.

“No Luv, it would not upset me. I would rest easier, knowing there was someone to take care of you. The thought of you grieving and pining away, not enjoying the life we have created would torture my eternal soul and there would be no rest for me. Love teaches us more than how to live…it unfolds, revealing a greater and greater capacity for more love, for our family, for our children, for others..…without it we are merely existing and that is not what I would wish for you.”

They made love, on this first day of the New Year, tenderly, sweetly, the promise of so much to look forward to in the future filling them with a passion that was both pure and intoxicating. And as the sun rose on this first day of the rest of their lives, their voices rose as one in a cry of wonder at the joy they had been allowed to share.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: EPILOGUE   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 9:36 am

EPILOGUE

He hit the gate remote that sat proudly on the handlebars of the Harley and slowed a bit as the metal parted enough to let him through, the sensor picking up his movement and closing behind him.

The house was lit up, creating a soft glow that he could see over the trees they had planted, each one celebrating the birth of yet one more of their children or the date when they were chosen with love to be adopted into the family. He smiled as he passed the little copse, thinking that it was becoming a forest in it’s own right.

As always he felt his heart rate increase, knowing that she would be waiting for him…she was always waiting, always sensed when he would be home. Her eyes would sparkle with joy when she saw him, no need for words, though they would be spoken, could never be totally held within. His welcome home would be complete when his arms filled with the warmth of her, with the wonder that never dimmed, never changed except to become more intense.

He eased the bike around to the side, up to the shed to join the assortment of other bikes and vehicles in the long low shed, Again the doors opened at his approach and lights came on briefly, just long enough to step off the seat and stretch muscles cramped from the long ride. He left his gear in the saddle bags, put his helmet on the rack and strode towards the house, stripping off his gloves and opening his jacket.

It was warm, the air gentle and clean, fresh after the street and canal scents of Vienna, spiced with the profusion of flowers in the fields and the trees that at this time of the morning were just silhouettes against the slowly brightening dawn sky.

A cold, wet nose nudged his hand and he looked down with a smile at Cleo, the Pyr bitch that they had bought from the same breeder when Cosmo began to show his age and slowed down. He would be with Maggie, seldom left her side the past year, as if he knew that his duty was nearly completed and could spend his remaining years near those he loved, while Cleo took care of the guard duties.

Man and dog continued to the house, looking about the property as they walked along.

The horses seldom went into the stables at this time of year, preferring to sleep standing in the pasture and rising early to snack on the dewy grasses. There was one light on in the bunkhouse, just the night light he thought, to save toes from being stubbed on the way to the toilet. He remembered that Maggie had told him in their Skype conversation on the computer that they had 10 students in residence at the moment. Tomorrow would be soon enough to meet them when they came to his party.

Tomorrow…he smiled as he thought of it. His 46th year on this planet…and their 12th wedding anniversary. He wondered what Maggie had planned to surprise him this year.

His pulse quickened again as he thought of her. It had only been three weeks this time, just long enough for the limited engagement in Vienna at the Opera House. Maggie had been there for opening night and wept with joy when he bowed to the box where she sat with Camille’s parents when they finished the performance of Tristan and Isolde, Camille in her first major role as Brangeane, Isolde’s maid servant…the girl had been superb, her career would fast track now because of this sucess. And his role as Tristan had fulfilled a dearest wish of both himself and Maggie as his lyric tenor soared and brought tears to the eyes of the Opera aficionados that had crowded into the elegant Opera House. Every night had ended with standing ovations but for him, Urs Buhler, the Operatic tenor, the ultimate night had been the first, when he saw his wife weeping with pleasure.

A light clicked on in the cottage…old habits die hard, he thought, as he saw movement in the kitchen…Kosta, up and making coffee, even though he was officially retired and the young couple from Bierenz who lived in the new cottage tucked into the copse of trees, now handled most of the maintenance around the property.

He saw movement on the terrace, then the shadows melted as the form of his wife rose from a chair and stood at the top step, her features still in the darkness but he could feel her smile.

He broke into a jog, his long, lithe body still as agile and fluid as it had been when they met, his curls worn just a bit longer than their early Il Divo days and perhaps with a few more strands of silver that he no longer bothered to hide, his yearning to hold this beloved woman in his arms, different…stronger, more confident, his ability to cope with his passion for her, more mature but none the less consuming with each passing year. Even now, as it had been when Il Divo was starting out, the blatant or subtle offers of impersonal trysts, of sexual pleasures, came to him daily when he was away from home and each time that he enjoyed looking at what was offered in the skimpy clothing or tender glances, he thought of his wife and found what was offered sadly lacking.

Maggie worked hard at always being appealing, toning her body with exercise and proper diet, though it wasn’t likely necessary since she was always on the go. She took the time to dress for him, appropriate to the occasion, clean and tidy when he came home from being out in the fields, enticing in little wispy gowns in their bedroom, her lingerie always a sensual surprise when he explored her curvy body….and she did it for him, no one else, a fact that made her efforts all that much more special.

He took the steps two at a time and wrapped his arms around the familar soft body, moulding her against him and breathing in the cherished scent.

“Welcome home, my Swiss,” she whispered against his mouth as he made a trail across her sweet face, teasing until he reached her lips and devoured her.

“I’ve been thinking about you,” he murmured against her ear when they finally came up for air. He widened his stance and pulled her tight against him with one hand on her taut butt, inside the long green satin robe she wore.

She giggled. “ I can tell…” she said and wiggled her hips against his.

“Shower…NOW!” he growled and she took his hand to lead him into the house.

They crept up the stairs to their suite, shut and locked the door and made their way into the bath, leaving a trail of her robe and his leathers as they disrobed each other, with practiced ease, shedding clothing, touching, kissing, stirring the embers into flame, pausing only to adjust the water temperature before stepping under the spray.

There was no waiting, no need to….. only an urgent need that was fulfilled with sighs, a fusing of bodies that had been too long denied, a joy that they both knew was only the beginning of much more to come, but at a more leisurely pace.

Maggie attended to his helmet head and the blowback from the engine, washed his long back and firm chest with the loofah, partly dried his sculpted body with a soft thick towel and let him towel dry her long hair.

They wrapped towels around bodies that were awakening again and stepped onto the balcony to enjoy the sunrise.

Far off at the edge of the forest Urs spotted movement and pointed it out to Maggie. Kitzi had come home the past fall and wintered in the shelter of her old lair, too old now to bear another fawn, too slow to avoid predators. A doe and fawn stood in the pasture, gazing at the house, perhaps one of her children…the population had grown over the years, the animals seeming to know that on this land they had no need to fear man.

They went to bed, snuggling under the duvet and talking about the news of the past weeks and the impending arrival of guests.

David, Petra and their brood of 5 would be arriving mid morning. Carlos and Gerry and their 2 children as well, {while the Opera House in Madrid was on hiatus}…the adopted little girl and the surprise boy that Gerry had become pregnant with when Marielle was only with them a few months. Seb, Geena, Ricky and his girlfriend, Sophie, had arranged Ricky’s busy photography assignments so they could come for the party…even Simon, still a happy bachelor, would be here in the early afternoon.

“Seb said that they are opening a new orphanage in October, about the time that you guys get back from the tour in Asia and Oz. And he’s bringing some new tracks for you to listen to, maybe for the next CD…he’s eager to hear the ones you’ve written.”

“How did Stretch manage to get away? I thought that show he’s doing on Broadway was such a hit he wouldn’t be able to take the time off.”

“You know David…when he makes up his mind, nothing can stop him…He said it was time for his understudy to have a shot at ‘the Brass ring’, whatever that means.”

“Yvie and Frank and the kids…I don’t suppose they can get away?”

“Not in July…it’s the peak time on the farm…but they will be home for Christmas…. that makes Mami happy.” His warm fingers had begun exploring again, making her skin tingle.

“And what makes Little Mami happy?” Urs said leaning over her with that Look that made her quiver.

“You do…. Slow, please…we missed a few spots in the shower…”

“I live to give you pleasure, My Lady,” he teased but then proceeded to prove it.

The sun was well up when Maggie rose from their messy bed, straightened the covers, handed Urs his Calvins, drew on a short cotton nightie and unlocked the bedroom door before coming back to snuggle against him.

“Are you ready for this?” she asked against his chest.

“My second favorite part of coming home,” he said with a grin and a squeeze of her glutes, leaving no doubt as to what was his first favorite.

It was only a few minutes later that a tap came at the door and it opened, just enough to let Niki stick his curly head of black curls through, his amber eyes lighting up when he saw Urs smiling at him.

“PAPA’S HOME!!!” he yelled with all the exuberance and noise that only an 11 year old can produce.

The house erupted with yells and whoops, pelting feet as the door burst open all the way and little bodies flew through the intervening space to land on the bed….. a noisy mélange of children, Dani, the 10 year old auburn haired pixie, Ursula, called Lala by the kids who couldn’t say her full name and of course the sobriquet stuck…at 8 and 1/2 the most like her mother with green eyes and jet black hair, Andre and Pasha, the 8 year old twins from Uganda, Carmella the 7 year old daughter with the huge chocolate eyes, a heritage of her Portugese ancestry, 6 year old twins Toni and Teresa from Maggie’s last pregnancy, both images of their father, and following, with help from Niki as elder brother, 5 year old Piet from Nepal and nearly 5 year old Sean from Ireland….6 boys and 4 girls…a little short of the 15 they had planned but they had decided that it was enough …for now. Actually they had discussed the age group that seemed ignored…older children, 8 years old or more…maybe…. It would be a family decision that they would talk about soon.

Maggie lay back on the pillows and grinned as Urs was swarmed by the children, his laughter ringing in the room as he was kissed and hugged, buried under little laughing bodies until he sat up with a roar, shedding children as he swung his feet to the floor.

Slippers were brought for him, a robe was found and he stood, surrounded, his hands raised for quiet.

“Who wants breakfast? I feel like making pancakes.”

They dragged him, laughing, out of the room, chanting ‘Pan-cakes, Pan-cakes’. At the doorway he turned his head to smile at Maggie and Niki who stood by the bed with his mother’s robe, the young boy trying to look mature and above all the antics of his siblings, but his grin { so much like his Papa’s} and sparkling eyes showing that there was still a lot of little boy inside.

Maggie followed more sedately, giving Urs time to enjoy the children by himself for a while, thinking what a good decision it had been to have a large family. He left all the worries of the outside world behind when he was home with them and with her. That capacity for loving that she had noticed right from the first had expanded each time a new child was welcomed into their arms. He was a good father, firm but fair, fun, steady, ready to listen to problems, to offer the comfort and safety of his arms, or to teach a young person how to ski, how to be kind to those less strong or less fortunate….and he shared his love of music, teaching, encouraging, appreciating even when the performances were not 100% perfect. And through it all his eyes met hers and re-affirmed the love he had for her, the passion that never dimmed, the belief that without their love none of this would have been possible.

She went to the kitchen and kept out of the way of the organized chaos that occurred whenever he cooked and the children helped. The coffee machine had been installed to one side so there was no danger of a spill that would hurt tender young skin and no danger to the person making it of being run over by little people eager to help their adored Papa make breakfast.

She made the coffee and leaned against the counter, waiting for it to brew, caught Urs eyes as he smiled at her in gratitude…some things never change…the man still loved his coffee…and his smile still made her heart flutter.

She watched, smiling as he directed traffic, sending little hands to do jobs they were tall enough to handle, continuing to beat the batter for his specialty, banana pancakes.

When the first batch came off the large griddle and onto the warming tray and the children were all at the table drinking juice and nibbling on the fruit slices that Niki had taken from the walk-in cooler, he came over to lay his hands on her waist and kiss her brow.

“Did I remember to tell you how happy you make me? You do, you know…my life would be so empty without you in it.”

“I know, Luv…but it is nice to hear it now and then. I thank God every day that you rescued me from a life that would never have been so full without you.”

He kissed her lightly and gave her one last hug, returning to flip his creations over to brown the other side, the scent of grilled bananas and pancakes filling the air in the kitchen.

Maggie poured him a coffee and delivered it, earning herself another smile before she took the platter from the cupboard and readied it to receive the perfectly browned, round cakes.

Together they went in the dining nook to say grace with their children and consume a meal made with love, just as their lives were…each day filled with the love that made life worth living.

Not the end…. a beginning of the rest of their lives!

WRAP UP
Yvette and Frank
Carlos and Gerry’s family
Pet and David’s baby
Plans for tour and going with it
Kitzi’s freedom…in Epi
Seb/Geena and Ricky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: * I'll Take Care Of You *   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

* I'll Take Care Of You *
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info :: IL DIVO FAN FICS :: Lothiriel72 (Ree)-
Jump to: