Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
New World Tour Dates W/ Steven LaBrie Guest Singer
Latin Countries around the World till Oct 2022
The Guys Are On A Month Break. They Start Back On June 25, 2022 In Valencia, Spain
Saturday December 3rd UK Christmas Concerts Began. Ending December 16th In London, UK.
New USA Dates in AUG_SEPT, 2022 Look for Updates

* I'll Take Care Of You *

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat
Humor : I found it and as always the joke is on me!!

* I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 38 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:31 pm

By the time they had changed and returned, Pet had awakened Seymour and the armoury was open. David was busy at the second computer, reading, jotting down notes, drawing out plans, deleting portions and adding others.

Geena entered the room again with Seb carrying her equipment and his, set her medical bag on the floor with the other baggage and the six agents went to the armoury to gather what equipment they thought would be needed.

Pet tested the GPS on all six and their throat mikes. David ran through the bones of a plan with them, assigning everyone their roles…there were no arguments, just nods of approval at his hasty but thorough plans. He looked at his friends with his face pale and eyes wide, the cheerful prankster gone for the moment.

“I’ll update you enroute if there is more info and the plans change. You have to play it by ear a bit since the intell is rather skimpy….just be careful.”

Seymour was obviously not really wide awake since when they were about to climb aboard the heli’s he clapped Urs on the shoulder rather than his usual staid, ‘goodby, Sir’ and hugged Maggie, Gerry and Geena. Urs was still grinning when they lifted off and Maggie laughed a bit, shrugged and just said… ‘don’t get used to it…it’s one hug every couple of years, that’s all he allows himself.”

They spent the first part of the 2 hour flight going over detailed information that the pilot had for them, ground transportation, the routine of the reporter for the next day, detailed plans of her flat and the venue for the conference that David had provided. New info was passed on as it came in, the latest the clue to the detonator, thought to be a silver ball point pen that when depressed would detonate the bomb. There was still no idea as to the location or number of canisters of Serin.

Although Maggie was the senior agent on the op David decided to let it appear to the reporter that Urs was, the reasoning that she would feel more inclined to acquiesce since her profile showed a tendency to let males dominate her.

Finally Urs sat back and looked at his friends. So much would depend on the steadiness of their minds and hands. His part he wasn’t worried about. Dealing with the guards would come to him automatically now that he was aware of the floor plans and their possible locations.

“You guys should get a bit of sleep. We need you to be bright eyed and steady, maybe for the next 36 hours. I’ll wake you if there’s anything important coming in.”

Geena nodded in agreement and lay down across the 3 seats at the back of the heli, resting her head on Seb, both seeming to sleep quickly.

Gerry and Carlos did the same, though Gerry just rested…Carlos of course could sleep instantly anywhere, anytime.

Maggie smiled at Urs and lay with her head in his lap, facing his stomach and with her arm wrapped partly around his waist. He stroked her hair as she closed her eyes and tried to sleep, so much at ease since he was with her that she drifted off in minutes.

Urs leaned back against the partition and thought about how different he felt this time, this mission not one that made his stomach curdle. As much as he hated killing, this time it felt just, so different from the forced jobs he had done in the past. In a way he was glad that his earlier training was going to be used for good now….perhaps when it was his time, God would find it easier to be merciful if he had done something to better mankind, rather than exact revenge for Laurenz. He looked down at his darling wife, resting so trustingly against him and then at Geena who would use her medical skill to try and save the reporter as well as the thousands of others who were threatened and Gerry who was going along willingly, not sure at all what, if anything she would be asked to do. He vowed that no one would get past him to harm these brave women, not while he was able to draw breath.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 39 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:33 pm

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

They were met at the private heliport by a van with two agents, both dressed in the uniform of a cleaning crew. A short drive found them at a safe house and there they checked in on the computer with Pet, carefully using codes but quickly receiving the all clear to proceed. It would be necessary to be extra careful since the local authorities could not be notified in this instance that an op was in progress…every move had to be carefully and quietly accomplished for the sake of secrecy.

It was near dawn when they drove through a seedy area of town and quietly gained entrance to the building that Helena’s flat was in, leaving Carlos and Gerry down in the van to watch for any problems coming their way, using the heat sensors to track the bodies in the apartment through the darkened glass. They moved into the stairwell after Maggie swiftly got past the locks on the main doors and carefully climbed the four flights to her floor. According to their info there would be no guards outside of the flat but two inside, one on duty at all times. A quick, quiet word with Pet confirmed that the heat scans showed Helena was sleeping, her breathing light and steady, in the single bedroom and the off duty guard was on the sofa, the other at the table in the dining alcove. The window in the bedroom was unlocked and open a few inches and would provide silent access, a nice bonus that saved having to cut the glass. Geena and Maggie would keep the woman immobilized while Urs and Seb took out the guards.

The ledge to the bedroom window was very narrow, providing little purchase for large feet but Urs managed it, carefully and slowly inching along until he could lay his gloved palm flat on the window pane and creep the frame up just enough to fold his long frame inside the room. Seb, Maggie and Geena followed a little easier, slipped on night goggles to aid in the search of the small room and spotted the silver pen immediately, on the small chest next to the bedroom door. The damn fool guards had left it easily accessible. The air reeked of smoke, ‘hashish’, Geena mouthed with disgust, likely the reason why the guards had become sloppy.

Maggie was familiar with this simple type of detonator, actually found it not very sophisticated, considering the other lengths the terrorists had gone to. She unscrewed the top from the base, part way only, slipped a thread-like plastic strip inside the apparatus and pushed hard to extend the plunger, unscrewed it the rest of the way and stripped the tiny wires off the battery.

She nodded at Geena who moved to the bedside and placed a small spray bottle in front of the sleeping woman’s face and gave her a short burst that should deepen her sleep for 10 or 15 minutes.

Urs listened at the bedroom door for a minute then signaled to Seb that the awake terrorist was on the move, going into the small kitchenette. They held a silent conversation, deciding what to do with the two guards. In a drugged state they would be useless for interrogation, but no less danger to the mission. Urs suggested termination and Seb hesitated for only a split second then nodded his agreement.

They crouched and slipped into the lounge, Seb going to the sofa and Urs at the doorway to the kitchen. The man came back out, passing Urs without noticing him and at the last moment sensed a blur of motion as Urs leapt on him, pulled his head back and snapped his neck, catching his bulky body and lowering him gently to the floor. He looked over at Seb to see how he was faring and saw him standing upright once more, reaching out to wipe something on the clothing of the dead man he had just, silently, dispatched.

He folded his barber’s razor and replaced it in his tool belt, moved to the table to join Urs and they cleared away all the papers and other debris, including a still warm apparatus for smoking the acrid smelling drug……the surface would be needed as an operating table.

As one they moved to the bedroom again and rejoined Geena who waited for the woman to wake.

Maggie pulled a small device from her tool belt and motioned that they should check for bugs before continuing and she and Urs left Geena and Seb to check all the rooms.

A few minutes later they came back and Urs broke the silence.

“It’s clean…no bugs, no cameras. How close is she?”

“A couple of minutes…Can you get the table ready? There’s a clean plastic sheet in my bag, and I’ll need the sterile instruments out, just don’t touch them.”

He nodded and went to prepare the site for surgery and when he returned it was to see the two agents each restraining an arm of the frightened, awake woman.

‘They will kill me….you must let me go…if they don’t hear from me by noon they will detonate the bomb.”

“We know. That is why we must move swiftly. This lady is a doctor, the other a bomb expert. We need to take the device out of you.”

“I didn’t want to do this…they have my son…he will live if I do what they want. Please let me go.”

Urs looked at Maggie and he could see the pain in her eyes at the thought of another innocent involved.

“Where are they holding him?”

“I don’t know…near the venue for the conference I think. They said I would see him when I drove to the conference and know that he was alright.”

He watched Helena for a moment then looked at Geena who nodded and at Maggie…she agreed also.

“You must let us take the device out now. We will do everything we can to find and free your son, but please understand they have no reason to keep him alive after you arrive at the venue….and the only way we will let you do that is if you are free of the device.”

She stared at him, clearly terrified and having difficulty remaining calm.

Geena spoke up now, her voice soothing and professional.

“I can give you a local anesthetic but you must promise to remain calm. Once the bomb is gone you can help us to free your son.”

“He’s only 16…Michael…he just turned 16. They took him to the venue, told security he was a helper with the installation crew for the cameras. He knows where they put the canisters….you must find him.”

Maggie took a chance and released her grip on the woman, keyed in her throat mike and spoke to Pet.

“Did you get all that Mother?”

“Working on it. Six is checking on the homes of the installation crew. Should have word very soon. Player says it is crucial to remove the device A.S.A.P.”

“Let me up now,” Helena said and Geena removed her hand, allowing the woman to sit up on the edge of the bed.

“I must trust you. There is no other way to avoid this terrible thing and to try to free Michael. He is very smart…if you can find him he could help you find the canisters, at the very least tell you what they are like.”

Maggie smiled at her and helped her rise. “Good. Come, we mustn’t waste time.”

Geena lay her instruments out on a small table that she had pulled over and covered with a clean plastic sheet, then scrubbed in the kitchen while Maggie got Helena undressed and ready on the draped dining table. Then she took her turn to scrub her hands and, gowned and gloved came back to find that Geena had already frozen the operation area, the wound from Helena’s previous surgery roughly stitched and fresh enough to not have healed yet.

Urs had darkened the windows so the bright light necessary wouldn’t be obvious to any watchers. He and Seb carefully monitored the street and the wrist unit that Maggie had given him to keep in contact with Pet. Nothing was stirring, the hour too early even for the occasional worker heading out to jobs, the only sign of life a lonely paper delivery boy who wasted no time going from door to door and disappearing around the corner.

Geena tested Helena’s feeling in the surgery area and decided that it was time to begin. She gently removed the stitching and cursed mildly as she saw what a sloppy job had been done, excised a small amount of dead or partially knit flesh and cut rapidly through the fatty tissue, tying off a few bleeders, used spreaders and exposed the plastic wrapped bundle just under the fat layer. Helena’s appendix had been removed, recently, probably to make room, the stump poorly sutured and she quickly cleaned the site and made a mental note that when the bomb was gone she would tidy things up, hoping to avoid infection from such shoddy work. But now she need only expose the area and see what Maggie could do. She stepped back and motioned for Maggie to take over, moved up to stay by Helena’s head, giving her morale support.

“You must keep still now. She’s the best at this but you have to help by not moving.”

Maggie looked across at Urs and sighed. “I suppose it would be useless to ask you to move out of range,” she asked in Swiss German and he just tilted his head and looked at her from under his lashes, smiling that sweet sardonic smile he knew drove her wild when she wanted him to do something and he had no intention of complying. She laughed and bent over the open wound, switching into her work mode.

“No pressure plate, it would be too difficult in a moving receptacle and I doubt they have the technology but just to be safe, let’s have a peek.” She gently slid a hair breadth strip of her favourite tool, plastic, under the C4 and moved it carefully under the C4. sighed with relief at finding nothing hidden. She checked all around for other detonators, inspecting each millimeter of space slowly and thoroughly. After nearly 10 minutes she had found nothing but living tissue that she tried to be extremely gentle with, took a breath and with a sharp jerk removed the primer.

There was a moment of silence as they all held their breaths and then Maggie chuckled and removed the small brick of plastic wrapped explosive, placed it in gel in a plastic bag and packed it in a thick metal case.

“Helena, it’s gone. Let Nightingale clean up the site and close you up properly. Tristan and I will talk to Mother and see how things are progressing with your son.”

It was an hour before they heard that the boy might possibly be held at an address in the east End, that Six was checking it out and would get back to them. The time was now getting on to nearly noon and they began coaching Helena as to what she should say when she made her noon phone call.

Maggie talked to Simon and together they made plans for Helena and Michael for after the event, providing of course it all went well. She confided them in Urs and he hugged her, thankful that at least this was one thing that wouldn’t be hanging over them in the next few frantic hours.

As their plans began to take shape, David suggested that Urs ask Helena for something that Michael would recognize as hers if the boy just glanced at it and without much thought needed she took a patterned red and white scarf from her handbag.

“My late husband gave me this after a trip to Paris. It’s Chanel and very precious to me. Michael will know. He teases me that I’m superstitious and believe it brings me luck.”

Word came back to them through Pet that the occupants of the address did not include a 16 year old boy and that they were deceased, that there was evidence of a struggle and the credentials for the husband, along with his van, were missing.

Urs withdrew from the others, his expression serious and thoughtful as he paced a bit and thought about the problem. He mentally put himself in the place of the terrorists, trying to second guess what they were doing and finally turned to Helena, still on the table as Geena worked on her surgery site.

“Helena, tell me how they contacted you and how they gained access to Michael……was it at your home? I can’t believe that you live here normally.” He had noticed a number of things….not many clothes in the bedroom, nothing that would belong to a teen aged boy, the frig nearly empty of everything except a few snack type foods.

Maggie watched him and nodded, having an idea where his mind was leading him.

Helena turned her face to Urs and a look of disgust replaced her fear.

“I would never allow Michael to live in a place like this. We have a small house just outside of Derby, a nice neighbourhood. This is just a cheap place for the few nights I have to stay in the city. Michael rarely stays here. Four days ago two men came to the door at home early one morning and when I answered they forced their way inside. Michael heard the noise and tried to help but they held a gun to my head and he stopped.

“They told me that if I did what they said he would not be harmed, that there was a van outside and I must walk out to it and get in while they held him as a hostage. I didn’t see any other way so I went with the ones in the van. They brought me here and the one on the sofa said he was a doctor…. he gave me a shot that knocked me out and operated on me. When I came to they told me what they had done.”

A smile crept across Maggie’s face as she looked up and Urs responded with one of his own.

“Well done, Tristan. Helena, give us the address and describe it in as much detail as you can. We think they may never have moved the boy, that he may still be held at your home.”

Shortly Pet called them back and confirmed the theory. An agent posing as a religious worker went to every house on the street and found that there was a least one man in the house with Michael, another that had answered the door and claimed to be his uncle, was rude and slammed the door in the agent’s face. He went on to the next house and carried out his phony spiel, then the next until he disappeared around the corner and entered a van to call Mother.

Helena was incensed. “What fools…I only have a sister and she lives in Tokyo.”

Over the next half hour they worked out a plan with David, based on the information Helena provided and when it was ready they talked with her about the phone call at noon. She was a little groggy from the pain but determined to aid them in any way she could.

“We need to know about the two who guarded you. Did they speak any other languages and if so do you know what they were…also was there some system of reporting in that they adhered to…that’s something else we may have to deal with.”

“I never heard them speak anything but English…my impression was that they both were raised here, had slight Cockney accents. And they did talk to the other two now and then but not on a regular basis. I got the feeling that they thought I would co-operate since they had Michael, weren’t concerned about me or about anyone else knowing what was happening.”

Urs and Seb searched both the bodies and found one cell phone, disabled it and fiddled with the land line, attaching a device that created a lot of static. While they did this Maggie talked to Petra and asked for a linguist who could do a passable cockney accent and spoke Urdu, just in case. David had anticipated the request and one was on the way. With 10 minutes to go before the noon deadline an agent was at the door, identified himself and was allowed in by Seb as Urs holstered his Glock.

Marcus, his code name, introduced himself to Helena and worked on his voice and accent with her while they waited.

At exactly noon Helena called the number she had been given and had a brief conversation with someone on the other end. As they had feared, the terrorist was angry, said he had called the guards mobile and couldn’t get a signal, he wanted to talk to one of them.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 39 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:34 pm

The landline was very staticy and Marcus explained that he had forgotten his charger for the mobile, switched to fluent Urdu when the other person did and seemed to pull it off. Helena went back on the phone and they gave her instructions for the day, told her to look out the flat windows at 3 in the afternoon and she would see her son, unharmed, in front of the baker’s across the road. They promised that he would be released after the operation at the venue was complete, that the early viewing was so they could take him far enough away to not be in any danger from the gas. With another threat of the consequences if she did not obey, the terrorist bid her good bye and hung up.

“Well that changes things,” Urs said as Marcus made himself comfortable in one of the chairs, first helping Urs to move the 2 bodies to the bedroom since they seemed to unnerve Helena.

“Yes…now we have 2 options…go to the house or take a chance on getting the boy away, here when they display him.” Maggie looked doubtful about waiting and after they talked for a while Urs agreed with her. They went with their first plan, feeling slightly more confident when David agreed that it was the better option and shortly after, left the reporter with the three agents to mount a motorcycle that was left at the curb for them.

They were followed discreetly by the cleaning crew van carrying Carlos and Gerry. As planned they went on down the street as Urs pulled the bike into the driveway and they both dismounted, laughing and removing helmets, acting casual and cuddly as they went arm in arm up to the door, Maggie wearing Helena’s bright scarf loosely around her neck.

“Oh, I do hope Helena’s home. It’s been so long since we got together,” Maggie said as they climbed the front steps.

“We should have phoned first, Baby. Some people don’t like surprises,” Urs said and kissed her on the neck, not finding his part in the charade difficult. He rang the bell and kissed her mouth as they waited, extending the kiss even after the door opened so the person inside would feel easier.

The man who opened the door frowned at them and held the frame with one hand but they could see in the hall that another man stood a few feet in with a tall boy in front of him.

Maggie pushed past the first man, shrieking and laughing, her arms outstretched as she raced in and grabbed Michael in a huge hug.

“Look at you…you’re so grown up. The last time I saw you, you could barely walk and were waiting for your Dad to come home from Paris.”

She threw the startled boy to the floor and launched herself at the surprised guard. Behind her she heard Urs take out the first man, her entrance having distracted him, giving Urs the chance to fell him with a blow to the back of his neck.

Her terrorist wasn’t quite as easy, a big man, not quite as off guard, he parried her first kick and blow, swung a beefy arm out and caught her on the face, knocking her off balance, but before he could completely draw the gun from the back of his waist band Urs was on him, two blows to the arm that numbed it from shoulder to hand, another to the solar plexus that took his air and he went down as Urs loomed over him cursing softly in Swiss German, furious that this bastard would dare to have made his wife bleed.

Michael scrambled to his feet and kicked the nearest terrorist, glanced at Maggie and saw her smile, though her lip was bleeding, and she pulled a set of cuffs from a pocket to use on the beefy wrists, pulled behind his back.

Urs had gone to secure the first man and listened, controlling his fury while she soothed the boy.

“Michael, your mother is fine…she sent us. As soon as these two are picked up we’ll have you taken to her.”

“Who are you? Are you police? Do you know about the bomb and the gas?”

Urs spoke quietly on the link to Pet, asking her to have the Team in the van discreetly come in.

“I’m called Ceol and this is Tristan. We’re working with MI 6, Michael. The bomb is already removed from your Mom and yes, we know about the gas…some of it anyway. We have to try to get the information out of these two about how many and where.”

“They think I’m just a stupid kid. You don’t need them. I can tell you where they are …there are 7 of them. I need to help for what they did to Mom.”

The crew took possession of the terrorists who, though groggy, could now walk. They were loaded into the van and drove off with 2 vehicles from Six tailing them. Another vehicle came to pick up Maggie, Urs and the boy, an agent gave Maggie a bit of first aid then mounted the motor bike and they all went back to the flat to reunite the mother and son and start the next phase.

During the trip they questioned Michael and were delighted to find that Helena had been right. The boy was very bright, mature for his age and adapted well to the trauma of events that had happened. There was an emotional scene when he greeted his mother, clearly upset at the unhealthy look of her, afraid to hug her too tightly when he saw the dressings on her stomach but he settled when Gerry assured him in her quiet manner that Helena would be fine.

Urs and Maggie talked to Michael and Helena in more depth, trying to determine if there were more terrorists to worry about, finally decided that other than the four already taken down there were no others locally. Six called Mother to relay that they were getting nowhere with interrogating the two live terrorists and could be no help in locating the canisters, that the two men seemed pleased that they would become martyrs.

Michael had described in detail the canisters and their placement and Urs saw Maggie’s face grow cold and grim as he closed his eyes and described the canisters themselves.

“What is it?” he asked, dreading the answer but needing to know.

“Pressure plate…they’ve rigged them so moving them at all will set off a massive charge built in to the base. That’s why the charge in Helena was so small…they only had to cause enough vibration to shake them loose, and the charge would blow the tank and set off the other ones. I suppose that’s also why they seemed so careless with her…she was their back up plan. It’s almost 2…I only have 3 hours to get there and disable the charges. I have to move.”

He looked at her and she knew what was coming, shook her head and he cupped her face to stop the motion. “I need to be with you, help in any way I can. Don’t fight me on this, Luv.”

She glared at him and after a moment nodded. “Are you always going to be this difficult?” she asked and he laughed.

“Probably.”

“Good…our lives may be short but they won’t be boring.”

She keyed on her throat mike to Pet.

“Have the venue cleared except for the Haz Mat crew and connect me to Millie. We have a new agent on site, code name Falcon, who has described the canisters and the pressure plates. He will be at this location guiding us to the targets.” Urs squeezed her shoulder in gratitude as he saw the young man’s face light up….hitting back at the terrorists was important to the honor of this boy thrust so early into manhood, Urs understood and was proud that Maggie did too.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 40 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:37 pm

CHAPTER FORTY

They raced hand in hand out of the building to a small park nearby where a heli picked them up and swiftly took them to the large buildings at Kedleston. They could see a convoy of vehicles speedily leaving the area and police barricades about 5 miles out, manned by officers wearing Haz Mat garb.

Nearer, the large yellow vans of the Hazardous Materials crew were parked several hundred yards from the front of one of the buildings and a garbed crew had taken up position.

One of the crew came toward them, followed closely by another who was carrying two bulky parcels, suits for Maggie and Urs but she shook her head as he approached.

“Captain…I’m Ceol, this is Tristan. I can’t wear the suit if I’m to be effective at dismantling the pressure plates. They won’t be much protection if the bomb goes off anyway.” She turned to Urs and saw that look and smiled lightly, knowing it would be useless to argue.

“Keep your crew back until Tristan calls you in to get rid of the canisters. If there is anything else we’ll let you know.”

They walked together toward the building, silent, drawing strength from each other just by being together, stopping at the bottom of the wide steps for Urs to use his mike and talk to Michael.

“Falcon, we are at the bottom of the steps to the hall.”

“Uh, read you, Tristan…the first one is in the large planter to your right. There’s a wooden mesh fencing around the bottom and if you look you’ll see that it’s hinged on one side. The cannister is just inside the hinged panel.”

They walked over near the planter and circled it, saw the panel and Maggie inspected it slowly, looking for booby-traps. She found nothing, shone her mini-light in through the slats and saw the metal container a few inches inside, standing upright, could see no wires leading from it and carefully cracked the panel open a hairbreadth.

“Looks good,” she murmured softly to Urs and glanced at him. He looked calm and confident, merely waiting for her to do her job, not able at the moment to do more than be there for her.

She opened the panel smoothly, careful to make no sudden moves.

The canister was a dull silver, looked like a thermos left behind by a workman. She pulled glasses from her tool belt and put them on, now able to see everything about the thermos magnified.

At the bottom edge a darker metal object protruded a fraction of an inch, about 2 inches deep and with a black metal top. She could see no wires but knew they were there. She tested the soil around the thermos for firmness, laying her hand on it and pressing down, found that it was rock solid and gently lay on the ground with her head, shoulders and both arms inside, next to the container.

“Falcon, when the plates were installed under the canisters, did they turn any dials or screws after, repeat AFTER, the canisters were placed?”

“Yes, Ceol, he turned a small screw at the bottom, right in the center, 3 turns. I remember because he counted them. Then he put a drop of glue on the screw and it was done.”

“Which way, right or left?”

There was silence for a second then Michael came back on. “Left, I remember thinking ‘righty tighty, lefty loosey’ and thinking it was funny that he would loosen the plate.”

She looked at Urs again and smiled… “Last chance, Love. They set it for a hair trigger, 3 pounds pressure. And no way to reset.”

He just looked at her as he squatted beside her and lay his hand gently on her hair for a moment.

“Do what you have to do, Liebe. I’m staying.”

She sighed and drew one hand back and asked him to hand her the buck knife strapped to her calf.

“It will be much easier with you to help. I need you to sit on my butt and be ready to take the container when I tell you, carefully, back off of me and walk it back to the crewman that’s closest. Then come back and I’ll tell you what to do. Do it fast and very smooth.”

She felt him straddle her body and then the comfortable heaviness of him as he sat on her bottom and waited.

The plate was only about 3 and a half inches square, her knife 6 inches from tip to hasp, which would give her a scant 2 plus inches to press down on if she managed to get the blade all the way across. Very carefully she slid the thin blade under the center of the side between the silver bottom of the container and the black of the plate. A hair breadth at a time she pushed the blade in, met resistance once and adjusted the angle ever so slightly then continued. The tip of the blade came out the other side and she reached in for it, whispering to Urs as she did.

“Wait for my mark then take the container straight up, gently, and get it out of here. DO NOT bounce it around and don’t be long getting back.”

“Ready.”

She placed her fingers around the tip of the blade and pressed down, almost instantly drawing blood which dripped from her tender fingers.

“Mark.”

Urs raised the container, took a breath when nothing went ‘BOOM’ and rose to his feet with it held in both hands. He walked swiftly and smoothly to the crewman who came toward him with a larger container on a dolly, passed the container to him and jogged back to Maggie, trying to be as light on his feet as possible and not jar the ground. He sat on her butt again, gulped when he saw the blood oozing from her fingers but kept calm.

“In my tool bag…there are weights with numbers on them. Pull out one marked 4 and a length of tape……Good…place the weight on the plate as near the center as you can with out hitting the knife and tape it down tight. Don’t worry about too much pressure….they never blow with too much, it’s too little that’s bad.”

When he had taped it down he sat back and waited.

“Well I know you’re probably enjoying resting on me but you can get up now and get me out of here.” He looked at her hands again and saw that she had released her pressure on the knife tip. And drawn the knife out completely.

Urs stood and grabbed Maggie by the waist and hauled her out and into his arms. After a short moment he remembered her fingers and drew back to look at them.

“Sheisse, Baby, look at you, you’re bleeding like crazy….there has to be a better way…..” He looked around, saw a tent that had been set up as a bar and raced over to it, grabbed a wine bottle and uncorked it quickly, then raced back to her, forgetting to discard the bottle as he ran.

She smiled at him indulgently as they walked a bit away from the planter.

“I don’t think now is a good time for a drink, Urs.”

He looked at her for a moment, confused, then realized he still carried the bottle and set it on the ground.

“First let me get some spray on that to stop the bleeding and I’ll explain.”

They walked toward the house, leaving the pressure plate for the bomb squad to deal with, Maggie asking Michael about the next canister while Urs took a small spray can from his med kit and sprayed her fingers and she yelped in surprise at the sting.

“Cry Baby!” He teased and she smiled at him, remembering again how much she loved this man and deciding not to kill him.

“Now if the others are the same when you get the knife through you can slip this on the end and hold the cork instead of the bare blade.”

She laughed. “I knew there was a reason I let you come along. Ingenious, truly ingenious.”

Six times more they found the canisters and switched the pressure on the plates, disposed of the Serin, finally Michael swore that there were no more. Still, to be safe, the Haz Mat crew searched every inch of the property while Urs and Maggie went to the medical van for a dressing on her fingers, then they waited, laying on the grass at the edge of the stream, very near a quaint stone bridge. It was a beautiful setting with rolling land, lightly treed, the reeds at the edge of the river just bursting with newly formed seed pods.

“We have a concert here in July, actually the last one of the tour,” he said as he lay beside her with his hands behind his head watching the ever changing display of the clouds high above.

“It’s a beautiful place. It will be nice to come back for something happy.”

“They’ve scheduled it as picnic style…should be fun, a couple of hundred people lolling about while we sing to them.”

Maggie laughed. “I think you’re underestimating your popularity, darling. It’s likely to be a couple of thousand. Most of the venues are already sold out. You should go on line more, keep in touch with what’s happening.”

He rolled over to lay across her chest and capture her face in his hands.

“No way…I’m a man…we aren’t supposed to understand everything you women get up to….and if I did understand it might scare the Hell out of me.”

She leaned her head up to kiss his mouth quickly. “Don’t be silly…nothing scares you.”

“You do…the thought that you might one day not come home to me from one of these, leaves me gutted.”
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 40 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:38 pm

“Urs, if something ever happens, on a mission, getting hit by a bus, some mysterious illness, whatever, and I have to leave without you, know that I will always love you. Nothing will ever change that, not distance, not even death. I will always love you and I’ll wait for you, no matter how long it takes, until we can be together again.”

A voice behind them had them looking up and grinning at the Captain of the Haz Mat crew as he smiled and approached them, taking his hood off, his graying hair slicked with sweat from the hot gear and holding his thumb up.

“All clear. The Serin has been contained and the crew is taking it to the lab to be disposed of.”

He held his hand out and shook theirs, being extra gentle as he noticed the dressing on her fingers.

“Uh, I’m not supposed to recognize you and I accept that, but I just want to say that when that group comes to Kedleston in the summer, the wife and daughter are going to be dragging me here to see them. And I’ll be cheering even if I don’t understand the words they sing. Thank you for today …and Tristan…you shouldn’t let this woman get away, you two work well together.”

He turned and left with a wave and they went out into the field, talking to Pet as the heli came to pick them up.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 41 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:42 pm

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

They returned to the flat to find that during their absence Helena and Michael had been prepared and the minute the last canister had been retrieved, airlifted to the clinic in Luton. Geena and Seb had gone with them, leaving Gerry and Carlos behind to supervise the removal of the 2 guards and to wait for them.

“You should have got out of here…in case we weren’t successful,” Urs said but laughed when he saw the determined looks they gave him.

“And leave you behind?...I don’t think so, Hermano. We had the best working on the bombs so I did not worry.”

“Ah Carlito…you have more faith in me than I have in myself. I’ve never done that before when I could see what I was doing, so most of the time I had to close my eyes and feel my way.”

She laughed when his natural tan faded for a moment.

“Let’s get out of here…this place reeks of that stuff they were smoking. I for one will be happy to get back to the estate,” Gerry said, wrinkling her pert little nose at the odor.

“Good plan,” Urs commented as they made their way out of the building. “I’m starving….anyone have any chocolate?”

They were laughing and teasing Urs about his sweet tooth when the van, with Carlos driving, pulled up at the heliport and they boarded to fly back to join the others.

“What will happen to Helena and Michael now?” Gerry asked during the flight and Urs explained that they would be given the option of several places to be relocated and an introduction that should provide Helena with work in journalism. And of course there would be no mention of what had happened, not ever. The conference would continue as planned, the security measures passed off as merely being very efficient.

It was full dark when they finally landed, met of course by the ever present Seymour who always seemed to intuit the comings and goings of everyone. He was back to implacable and staid, welcoming them back with reserve, the only sign of emotion, a raising of one eyebrow when he noticed the dressing on Maggie’s hand.

After a quick shower to rid themselves of the reek from the apartment and the tang of nervous sweat, they all gathered for a well deserved dinner, opting for the kitchen because of the homey atmosphere and delicious scents that seemed to cling to the walls.

They rehashed the operation, congratulating David on ‘another well played game’, joking to lighten the tension that had enveloped them for so many hours.

It wasn’t long after dinner that they all called it a night, the stress combined with the lack of sleep the past night beginning to tell and they loaded the dishwasher, said good night to Seymour who was waiting at the bottom of the stairs, as always timing it perfectly, and slowly went up, couple by couple, to their suites.

“Does he have ESP or is the place wired?” David asked in a stage whisper.

Maggie laughed as she nestled against Urs.

“It’s just instinct I think. He’s been on so many ops himself, he knows what it feels like when you wind down.”

Urs flopped across the bed and sighed as Maggie straddled his legs one at a time and pulled his boots off.

“I’m almost too tired to breathe,” he said but pulled her back on top of him to wrap his arms around her waist and snuggle his head into the crook of her neck.

“Me too, but I want out of these clothes.”

She had put on a cotton skirt and blouse after their shower, jeans and a tee for Urs.

He let her go and they helped each other disrobe, did a skimpy bedtime routine of brushing teeth and fell into bed, cuddled together like spoons, asleep in minutes.

If there had been any romantic ideas on the minds of the couples, the sight of soft, comforting beds soon put them to rest. It wasn’t until late in the morning that movement could be faintly heard in the suites. Sleep had been deemed more important than breakfast and it wasn’t until nearly ten that Maggie and Urs ventured down the stairs to beg for coffee from Mrs. Mac.

They took the steaming mugs out onto the terrace and sighed as life came back into their bodies. Christy was out on the lawn playing with Paul and waved at them, while one of the house cats watched from the safety of the terrace wall. She stretched out in the warm spot, only her ears turning as she kept track of the ear-pulling small boy, experience teaching her to be wary.

“Do you have to work today, Love?” Urs asked as he poured a second cup of coffee from the insulated pot Mrs. Mac had placed on the terrace table.

“Just my report on the op. Why, what were you thinking?”

“Riding, if you feel up to it. Simon’s horses could probably use a good run. I need to find out if there’s any other little things on our schedule too and if there isn’t I wondered how you felt about going back to Willisau and interviewing some of the architecture firms?”

“Oh yes, please… we have so many ideas in our folder…I think it’s the next logical step.”

He laughed and reached across the table to take her hand.

“I knew it…the more you hang out with me, the more Swiss you are becoming.”

Gerry and Carlos joined them, both looking rested and happy.

Carlos made a face as he helped himself to some oatmeal out of the pot on the warmer but he sat down and sprinkled it with some cut fruit and began eating, finding after a few moments that he liked it.

“After all this time of trying to get you to eat healthy, you finally are taking my advice,” Urs teased, noticing that Gerry was following suit. She pulled a small plastic case out of her pocket and doled out a couple of pills to Carlos, then two for herself and washed them down with some juice.

“We’ve seen a Naturalist and decided to start on a healthy program. It’s supposed to help us have a baby,” she confided.

“Apparently my little guys don’t swim fast enough so no more drinking, no cigars, only healthy food and Gerald must take her temperature before she can get out of bed each day. We better have a boy after all this trouble.”

“Carlos in two years I’ve only seen you have a cigar twice …and you didn’t finish those.”

“Well no more… it’s time to get serious. We want to have a family while I am still young enough to enjoy them.”

Urs could see that Carlos was a bit uncomfortable talking about the problem, though Gerry wasn’t, so he changed the subject, mentioning that they planned on going back to Willisau to start the process of building …that is if Simon didn’t have anything else to tie up their supposed time off.

“And what about today? What are you up to?” Gerry asked while Carlos tried some rye toast with peanut butter.

“We’re going riding…..you want to come?”

“NO!!” Carlos shook his head remembering the last time they had gone riding, in Australia and his horse had decided that he only had two gaits…dead slow or at full gallop.”

Gerry laughed and agreed. Riding was something she had never been fond of.

“I think the pool is more in line with how I feel today…LAZY!!”

They chatted a while longer then left to change, begging a small lunch package from Mrs. Mac on their way through the kitchen, then going straight to the office for Maggie to file her report.

There was a message waiting on the computer, from Simon, the man of few words when it came to praise.

‘Well done, Team Ceol!!’

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 41 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:43 pm

They chose two horses from the six in the stables and led them outside. Neither of them wanted to use saddles, though the groom said he didn’t know how the horses would feel about that…they were used to the little English pancake saddles that most people in the UK used.

Urs boosted Maggie up on an elegant grey gelding and watched for a minute as she got the mount used to her, using her knees and neck reining the horse into several gaits. No problem.

His mount, Rashti, was also a gelding but night black and a good hand taller. It was a bit more spirited than Maggie’s Aladin and it took a few minutes for the horse to accept that the man on his back was in control. The groom handed up Urs’ back pack with their lunch, water and hobbles for the horses and they were on their way.

They started off easy, letting the mounts warm up gently. Just enjoying the bright and beautiful day. Their direction this time was the opposite from the walk they had taken to the stream, up a bit of an elevation where they stopped at the top to look back over Simon’s land, the entire panorama of the front of the property spread before them like a painting put on canvas.

Seen from this angle the house was enormous, like a mini castle but without the moat, the outbuildings sheltered by tall evergreens, the main house fairly dripping with the ivy that Philip, the constantly whingeing gardener, had immense problems keeping in check. They could faintly see movement on the terrace, likely the rest of the group finally wandering down stairs for sustenance. The tall windows of the building glinted in the noon sun light, the fields of grasses danced in the breeze and the air above filled with song as small meadow birds flitted about looking for food and heralding the wonder of summer.

They turned about, smiling as they shared the sights and sounds around them and Urs reached across to Maggie to take her hand as they followed the edge of the trees to round the hill and enter the valley beyond.

Both of the mounts were eager for a run now, impatiently pulling at the bits and when Urs grinned at her in challenge, Maggie dug her heels into the side of Aladin, bent over his neck and urged him to go faster, quickly reaching a gallop, then a breeze. She could hear Urs right behind her, urging Rashti on, laughing as he enjoyed the ride. She tried to glance back but her hair was waving wildly and covered her eyes when she turned her head, making her laugh and release one hand to brush it back.

Now when she looked again he was almost beside her, bent over the long black neck, his body one with the horse, moving in sync as horse and rider passed and he grinned at her.

She looked ahead and saw that they would come very soon to a low fence, for an instant thought about curbing Aladin away from it but saw Rashti and Urs clear it easily, slowly coming to a stop and turning on the other side.

‘I can do this…I’ve seen others do it often enough…’

For a second a shiver of fear swept through her but then she felt the powerful gelding gathering his muscles for the jump and resigned herself.

They took to the air, clearing the fence easily…it felt wonderful, the surge of muscles that transmitted power through her legs and bottom, the feeling of flight, the surprisingly soft landing. Aladin wheeled to the left to avoid Urs and Rashti and came to a stop beside them.

“That was incredible!!!,” she screamed, laughing as they came to a stop and the mounts blew and snorted, seeming proud of their accomplishment.

“Why are you surprised? Didn’t you know that all of Simon’s horses are jumpers?”

She laughed and reached out to touch his beaming face.

“I didn’t know I was! I’ve never jumped a horse before, Liebeling. It wasn’t safe to do so when I couldn’t see and I was always too scared as a kid…..though I will never admit that to anyone but you. I had a reputation of never being afraid of anything.”

“I already know that wasn’t true. I can remember how frightened you were of loving me at first.”

He saw the desire flood her eyes and felt his body responding, leaned over and captured her mouth, making her moan.

“I was a 26 year old girl then, Urs. Loving you has turned me into a woman and I’m glad I waited for you.”

“Me too,” he whispered and kissed her again, breaking the kiss when Rashti decided that he had seen enough romance and needed to walk a bit to cool down from the race and jump.

They rode on until the horses had cooled, found a stream that ran out of a copse of alders, the same as the one from their hike or another. they didn’t know.

It was shallow and clear, bordered by a meadow on one side and a few sheltering trees, the other with a few boulders and the edge of the forest that curved around to the back of the property.

It was a perfect spot for a picnic so they hobbled the horses in the meadow, removed the tack and let them drink from the stream and nibble on the fresh grasses.

“Did you call the studio about the recording session with Ozzie?” she asked as she dug lunch out of the back pack and Urs spread a folded blanket on the ground.

“You bet… while you did the report….September 4th at 11a.m., Studio 9. Perfect timing…I’ll have a chance to practice a bit on the Malmsteen before hand. I can hardly wait to see it. What color did you get?”

She laughed at the excitement she could see in his eyes.

“What’s your favorite color?”

“Red…you didn’t?...You Did!!! You got me the red Malmsteen!!”

He grabbed her and twirled her around, laughing, finally calming and kissing her until she couldn’t breathe.

“What do you think about having lunch a bit later? I have a rather urgent present for you.” He whispered against her neck, still holding her tight.

“The horses…..”

“They’re geldings…they won’t understand…”

She bit his exposed shoulder blade lightly, then soothed the spot with her tongue.

“I guess we could consider it an appetizer,” she teased and he growled as his busy hands began working on the removal of her clothes.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 42 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:44 pm

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO

Geena and Seb had spent the morning in their suite, sleeping in for a bit, then showering and making love before Seb pulled on jeans and a tee shirt to go down and fetch a tray with coffee, fresh bread, fruit and homemade preserves. They sat in front of the open window, talking about the mission and eating.

“You were so calm, like a different person when you attended to that poor woman. What a terrible thing for her to have to go through. And her son, the boy, Michael…he was very brave, very grown up for only 16.”

“Stress affect people in different ways, Sebastien. He was forced to become a man and behave responsibly before it should have been necessary. And speaking of calm…you surprised me. Do you have any regrets over your part in this?”

He glanced at her, surprise evident on his boyish face.

“Non! I do not regret what it was necessary for me to do. That man would have quite cheerfully murdered thousands of innocent people, among them the woman I love and my friends. I have no regrets in sending him to the Hell he deserved.”

Geena had paled and the hand which had been lifting her coffee cup to her mouth, trembled as she replaced it in the saucer.

“You love me?” she questioned timidly.

Seb looked at her and his face softened, his eyes glistening.

“Have I not told you so, many times?”

Geena was flustered, even her professional, logical, doctor mode deserting her at the moment.

“But…I thought…Seb, you have only ever said it when we were making love…I thought….”

He left his chair and came to her to crouch beside her and take her hands in his.

“My sweet Geena. I am sorry. I do love you… you are my life, the air I breathe, the song that fills my heart. I look at you and curse myself for hurting you when I could not understand why you work as you do.
I have waited, hoping to hear that you love me too. Geena do you love me, just a little?”

She slid off the chair and into his arms, kneeling facing him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, smiling and crying.

“More than a little, mi amore…. There can never be another like my own Sebastien….. you are my one true love.”

Breakfast was forgotten and love words that should have been spoken before were exchanged, the feelings and truth at last understood and cherished as they lost themselves in their newly declared love.

Petra and David wandered out to the terrace area just as Paul was finishing his lunch. His messy face split in a toothy grin as he spied them and he held his hands, equally messy, up to David, to the tall American’s delight babbling one of his few intelligible words.

“Dai, Dai, Dai!”

As always Petra blushed prettily but this time she didn’t correct the little boy.

David wiped Paul off a bit and checked with Charity if he had already eaten enough, then picked him up and cuddled him, getting gooey kisses and pats on the face that left a mushy trail in spite of the wipe down. He didn’t care.

“You ready for nap time, little guy?” he asked and got a laugh in reply.

“Would you like me to take him up, Mr. Miller?” Charity asked with a smile though she had a feeling that for now her job was done.

“No, thank you for taking care of him, Charity. We really do appreciate it. Pet, why don’t you go ahead and I’ll put Paul down for his nap…I’ll bring the monitor back with me.”

She watched her son and this man she had grown to trust and love walking into the building, David keeping up a conversation with the little boy as he usually did, claiming it was a great teaching tool and Paul would surprise them all one day by starting to speak in sentences, none of this baby talk for him.

She smiled as she watched and turned to the table to take some fruit to have with her tea, thinking about how fortunate she and Paul were to have found this wonderful man.

There was no question anymore. She loved him, not like she had loved Paul Senior…that had been a first love, a passion that they mistook for the sort of thing that would last forever. It had been wonderful but the fire burned out far too quickly leaving a comfortable habit. She had no doubt that they would have stayed together, as friends, neither wanting to hurt the other…. And too, Paul Junior would have given them a reason, someone to love together now that they no longer loved each other except out of habit.
David was different…the love she had for him was eternal, mature, sensual but more than that. She loved everything about him, his silly habits, his love of pranks, the wisdom that he tried to hide, the instant attraction he had shown for Paul, his patience, humor…his body and the way he made her feel with his skilled, patient attention.

He told her often that he loved her, wanted to always be with her, but that she must take her time deciding, for he would never love another and if she committed to him he would never let her go.

He returned to the terrace and placed the Baby Monitor on the table. They could hear the soft sounds of Paul sleeping, the occasional sigh or rustle of blanket as he moved.

“He was exhausted. Half a song and he was out. And I tried him on the potty and he went. He’s catching on fast, Pet.” She smiled at the proud look on his face, like he was the inventor of potty training.

“David, I was wondering…when we go back to London….. we really don’t need both flats. Which would you prefer to keep, mine or yours?”

She hadn’t had the nerve to look at him when she asked her question and jumped a bit from nerves when his big hand cupped her chin and turned her face to him.

“Are you making an indecent proposal to me Pet? Are you inviting me to share your flat?” There was no smile on his face now, just those amazing blue eyes staring at her.

“Well, I just thought…you get along so well with Paul…and he does call you DA…. Damn you Miller, you’re going to wait until I say it aren’t you?”

“Yes,” he said and a smile began at the corner of his wide mouth.

“I love you…I want you to share my life, to be Paul’s Daddy…. I love you, I love you….”

“It’s about time!” he said and dragged her from her chair into his lap, laughing and hugging, kissing her face, her laughing mouth, oblivious to Mrs. Mac peeking out of the kitchen door to smile at them. She went back inside and made herself a mental note to bake something very special…It seemed that the air was full of young love and that was a beautiful thing to celebrate.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 42 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:46 pm

By dinner time they were all back together, rested, sated, happy and relaxed. Mrs. Mac had outdone herself with a delectable meal: small bowls of a creamy squash soup with a dollop of sour cream, a salad of thickly sliced yellow Heritage tomatoes with Basil and soft farmers cheese, drizzled with Balsamic vinegar and minced Basil, a main course of Scampi and Lobster tails, done on the charcoal grill, little individual bowls of clarified butter with minced garlic at each setting, and baby veggies skewered and basted with some secret marinade that she wouldn’t divulge. The biscuits were light and flaky, the bottle after bottle of wine that Seymour served, excellent, though Carlos passed on it, and the dessert of stacked Profiteroles drizzled with a chocolate Ganache or fresh pumpkin pie with a scoop of whipped cream…. Irresistible!!

They took their second desserts to the Music Room, mostly at Urs insistence though he didn’t have to coax very hard.

Seymour offered a liquer or Brandy and they all groaned, not really able to add one more ounce of anything into their stuffed bodies.

“We need to get out of here or we’re all going to look like Pavarotti,” Urs said as he lounged on the sofa, stretched out with his head on the back rest, legs extended and Maggie curled up beside him with her head in his lap.

“I’ll set the alarm and get you up early tomorrow for the gym,” she murmured to his stomach.

He groaned. “If I workout, so do you. I’m not suffering alone.”

She raised her head and stared at him as if she had never seen him before.

“What happened to Mr. Fitness, the Swiss I married? Was that toned body only to trap me into marrying someone who yearns to be fat and flabby?”

He chuckled.

“So, now you know my evil plan. Will you still love me if I get fat and flabby?” He dragged her up to his chest and nuzzled her neck, making her laugh.

“C’mon, you two…get a room,” came from the depths of the chair that David and Petra shared.

Urs and Maggie both laughed and snuggled closer, whispering to each other.

Seb had leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, popped them open briefly to look around for Geena, remembered that she had left to take a phone call and shut out the world again.

Carlos had put on a CD and was talking with Gerry, neither having indulged in the excellent wine, they were not quite as ‘relaxed’ as their friends.

“According to my calculations the next 3 days are prime times for us, Querido. We should get away, by ourselves and just… be romantic.”

“Si, Si, si,…I will arrange it. And tonight we will think the good thoughts while we practice.”

Gerry giggled. “Is that what happened in the pool today…Practice?”

He wiggled his brows at her. “I am a singer, Querida, practice comes as natural as breathing to me.”

Eventually Urs roused himself and gently lay Maggie down on the sofa to leave the room and wander into the hall to use his mobile. He sat on the bottom step of the stairway and hit the number on pre select for Simon. It only rang once and was answered abruptly.

“Speak.”

“Hello to you to Simon…it’s Urs.”

“Of course it is. Did you think I wouldn’t recognize your voice? Is something wrong?”

“No, I just called to find out if you have anything planned for us for a few days. Maggie and I want to return to Willisau and get things started on the house but I thought I should check the schedule first.”

“Let me look…. Nothing for Il Divo until the 24th, then there is a gig at GMTV…go, have fun, keep your mobile handy.”

He disconnected without any further chat and Urs smiled at the phone. Some things never changed.

He went back in the Music Room and gathered Maggie up, whispered a quick good night to everyone, had second thoughts and bent over David to whisper “I talked to Simon…we’re free until the 24th.”

Before David could react they were gone, Urs long legs carrying his sleepy wife up the stairs and into their room.

Breakfast the next morning found everyone vowing to never over-indulge in food or spirits again. They talked about what they were going to do with their time off.

Carlos beamed at Gerry and told them all that he and Gerry were leaving that morning for a bit of a holiday. He would take his mobile but would not answer if for the first week.

David and Petra were taking Paul back to London, spending the first week there with him while she caught up on some shifts that hadn’t been covered, then they too were going on a holiday.

Seb and Geena planned to go back to France for a week then Geena was due back at her practice.

“And when you all come back we have to schedule physicals with me for each of you. Twice yearly, now that your are in CASPAR, the full treatment.

As Maggie had expected, Urs paled then went beet red at the thought of a female friend giving him a checkup. To her surprise both David and Carlos had paled as well and got very nervous, making Seb the only one who smiled and took the news without a qualm.

“Geena have a heart,” she said with a laugh, reaching over to pat Urs clenched hand.

Gee laughed and then set their minds at ease.

“I’ll be doing part of it…and my colleague in the practice, Dr. Patrick Humphrey will do the more personal aspects.”

Urs sighed quietly with relief and Maggie squeezed his hand, trying not to laugh.

The limos started arriving by 10 a.m.

First Carlos and Gerry went off in a flurry of hugs and kisses and waves, a few silent prayers since it was pretty well known by all about their efforts to conceive.

Geena and Seb were next, heading for Luton for a flight to London, looking almost like newly weds as they giggled and couldn’t keep their hands off each other, Geena waving good bye and Seb pulling her back into his arms and both of them disappearing in the back seat.

David and Petra left a little more circumspectly, having a load of baby equipment to store in the boot first and a cranky Paul who wanted down on the grass to play. David took him from Petra and grinned at the automatic ‘Dai, Dai’ which he again claimed to all present was Paul-speak for Dad.

Before lunch everyone but Urs and Maggie was on their way, having thanked Seymour for his hospitality and hugged motherly Mrs. Mac until she squeaked.

They were loaded down with all the plans they had drawn up, the folder of clippings out of magazines and the brochures they had collected about solar homes….and a care package of brownies and cookies that Mrs. Mac slipped into Urs backpack.

They had decided to ‘borrow’ one of Simon’s cars. Maggie wanted to take the Silver Rolls but Urs thought they might get to stay out of jail longer if they took the Volvo. Not that there was anything wrong with the Volvo, but the Rolls was an antique and Simon’s pride and joy.
The house files were packed in one large case, a few changes of clothing in another, and they headed out, planning on taking their time and enjoying the drive.

It was August 4th and Maggie, who had been able to predict her cycle, almost to the hour for the last 10 years, was 2 days late.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 43 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:47 pm

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

Carlos and Gerry hadn’t gone far…just to a small spot outside of Royal Leamington Spa where he had rented a lovely little cottage for four days. They arrived in the early afternoon and were met by the concierge who gave Carlos the key and left quietly, from long experience recognizing the ardor in the eyes of his guests .

They checked out the quaint little cottage and the small enclosed garden area in the rear, sampled some of the lovely goodies provided in the larder, peacefully creating a baby-making mood.

After a soothing soak in the huge claw-footed tub and a romp in the soft deep bed, they donned robes and sat out in a double lounger in the shade of the overhang.

“How did you find this place, Querido?” Gerry asked him.

“Seymour…I thought he might know about somewhere since he seems to know everything else. He made a couple of calls and it all came together. I think we need this peace, ‘Miga….the next months will likely be very busy.”

Gerry was quiet for a moment then took his hand and smiled.

“I think we should see about adoption as well. We talked about it before but now I think we have to get serious….and who knows, sometimes when a couple adopts, the pressure to conceive is eased and they get both. It would be nice to have our children so close to the same age.”

Carlos nodded and smiled at her, staring intently for a moment.

“If we are successful we will have to change our plans of having you travel with the group during the tour. I think it is not good for a mujere who is embarazzada to go on aeroplanes. We should also consider buying a house. I would like the thought of a home to come back to.”

“Marbella….I’ve always wanted to live in that area of Espana. We could be neighbours of James Bond.”

“James Bond is not real, Mi Corazon,” he said with a laugh.

“No, but Sean Connery is and that is where he lives…. He is James Bond as far as I’m concerned.”

He raised his wiggly brow at her.

“And what am, I second best?”

Gerry laughed and flipped herself over to sit on his lap facing him with her hands on his shoulders.

“No, you are first…. He can not sing…and I don’t want to make babies with him…..just you.”

She leaned into his chest and kissed him eagerly, starting yet another practice session.

They had so much to cart around that this time that Urs and Maggie rented a nice roomy Audi at the airport in Lucerne. He phoned his parents from the airport and they insisted that the couple stay with them, sounding very excited and happy to be about to see them so soon.

It was a lovely drive to Willisau and they took their time, talking about the scenery, Urs playing tourist guide again as he named the mountain peaks and the rivers they crossed. They stopped once at the side of the road to watch two sheep dogs herding their charges in a pasture, the shepherd using hand signals and the dogs responding with glee, occasionally leaping on the backs of reluctant ewes to show them who was in charge.

Heinz and Schtute met them in the driveway, Heinz bouncing around and barking with joy, Schtute with much more ladylike tail wagging and quieter yips.

Mami came from the house drying her hands on her apron, as Urs had hoped, in the process of baking something wonderful since he had called from Lucerne. She spotted the small dressings on Maggie’s fingers immediately and tutted, saying she would look at it later, speaking in a rush as she shepherded them inside, asking about Urs schedule, about Maggie’s eyes, explaining that Papa had gone back into the forest to cut up some fallen trees to use for firewood. She stopped talking suddenly and lost her smile.

“Is something wrong? Neither of you have said one word….”

Urs laughed and took her by the shoulders to kiss her cheeks.

“Exactly how were we supposed to talk? You haven’t stopped since you came out of the house. Does this mean you’re happy to see us?”

Inga flushed as she realized the truth in his admonition and tapped him lightly on the chest.

“You know I am, silly boy. Go help your Papa…Heinz will take you to him.”

The dogs had followed them inside and flopped on the floor by the open door, Heinz alert and ready to play, Schtute spread out with her head on her paws, her ears up but eyes closed.

Urs kissed Maggie on the lips, gently, then came back for another and smiled a promise that she well understood, making her face color and her lips curve in an expectant smile.

He placed his hand on her shoulder and nodded to his Mami.

“Don’t let her eat all the cookies before I get back.”

He snapped his fingers at Heinz who leapt to his feet, ready to go, and left, vaulting over the end railing of the veranda and jogging behind the cavorting dog as they headed for the forest.

“He is happy. And you, you look content…and…”

“And?” Maggie said wondering what the rest of the statement was to have been.

“You will think I am a meddling mother-in-law…”

“Never! You are my Mother too, Mami.”

Inga hugged her briefly and sat across the counter from Maggie, pouring them both coffee and pushing the creamer forward for Maggie to use.

“Have you taken the test yet?”

Maggie looked up in surprise, then laughed.

“I’m only 2 days late. I haven’t even said anything to Urs yet.”

Inga was relieved that she hadn’t upset the young woman who was becoming so dear to her, as well as to her son.

“The new tests are accurate at only a week. You have that glow about you…I have seen it too many times to mistake it. If you like when we go into town I will show you the test strips I mean at the pharmacy.”

Maggie nodded and smiled.

“Let me tell Urs, please Mami. I don’t want to get his hopes up just yet.”

“Sensible girl, though I’m not sure you will be able to keep it from him for long. Now, let me see some of these things you have planned for the house. I am so excited for you. Building your future is an amazing adventure.”

They were still pouring over the pictures and clippings when Papa and Urs arrived back with a cart full of firewood, pulling it easily between them. They washed up at the sink in the Kitchen and each kissed his wife soundly and fell onto stools to help in the discussion, though Urs was useless at first with his mouth full of ginger cookies.

“Solarhauser in the old Brecht Building might be just what you need. Do you remember Yanni Cueper from school? He is an architect now and they specialize in solar homes and offices. The government provides subsidies for any one who is serious about living and building Green. There are rules but only ones that are logical.”

“Wonderful,” Urs managed to say before reaching for his fourth cookie and getting his knuckles rapped by Mami. He gave her ‘The Look’ and received one more, then she put the tin on the far counter, well out of reach.

“I do remember him,” he said taking small bites, groaning when Maggie grabbed his hand, pulled it to her mouth and took the rest of the cookie, nearly choking on it when she saw the amazement on his face.

He pretended to ignore her, though he did pat her back to stop the choking and continued talking to his father.

“He was always the outsider, playing with his models, building stuff or drawing elaborate plans…a real nerdy type of skinny guy with big thick glasses….didn’t even care much for music.”

“Time has made a few changes… you should make an appointment to see him.”

Urs used the kitchen phone and set up an appointment, pleased that they could get in tomorrow, late in the day.

“I need a few things at the Pharmacy…do you mind if I go in with you?” Inga asked and received a hug as Urs said he would take her anywhere. He left to take their luggage upstairs and the women shooed Papa out of the Kitchen so they could start on dinner.

“You seem different tonight, in fact you have all day. Is everything OK?” Urs wrapped his arms around her from the back and met her eyes in the mirror after she finished brushing her teeth, getting ready for bed.

“Different…how?” she asked with her heart doing a little extra thump…Was he as perceptive as Mami?

“I can’t put my finger on it…it’s like you’re more sensitive, kind of more vibrant somehow….it’s very sexy.”

“Maybe it’s because I’ve been thinking all day about being alone with you…like now.” She turned in his arms and dislodged the towel he had wrapped loosely around his hips, letting it fall to the floor.

“Speaking of sexy…you look very hot with your hair all wet and curly and those little rivers of water running down your body. Yum!!”

She leaned against his chest and captured some of the drips on her tongue, looking up into his almond shaped eyes and watching with delight when the irises darkened.

“Why, Frau Buhler, would you be after trying to pull me?” he asked in his best, very bad, imitation of an Irish brogue.

“Maybe…is it working?” she teased with a grin and wiggled against him.

“You bet!!!” No more playing, he bent over her and massaged her lips with his, teasing with his tongue, touching, drawing away, nipping at her lower lip.

Tonight her skin seemed on fire, so sensitive that she wanted to scream when he touched her gently. She ran her hands down his back, digging her nails in a bit, responding eagerly when he became more aggressive, leaving no doubt that she needed more than soft and tender tonight.

Her lips were swollen when he raised his head from a frenzied kiss, her eyes glazed and she dropped her towel to the floor, taking a step backward to the counter, holding her hands out to him, palms up, beckoning him to come closer.

Much later another quick shower was necessary to rinse off sweaty, slightly bruised bodies and they dried each other gently then collapsed on the large bed.

“Did I get a chance tonight to tell you how much I love you? The past hour is kind of blur of pleasure to me.” Urs said as she nestled in the curve of his strong arms.

“I think so…I seem to remember it right between ‘OH My god’ and ‘I’m Going to Die!’… I love you too, my Swiss.”

He chuckled.

“I kind of got that impression.”

As she drifted off to sleep, Maggie wondered if she was really pregnant, as Mami thought. If this was one of the changes that came with a hormonal change, she might just decide to stay pregnant forever.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 43 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:49 pm

David had gone to the flat after dropping off Petra and Paul at their apartment. Initially he had planned on just getting a selection of clothing more suitable for the warm weather. While traveling he had either been in sweats, jeans or Armani, mostly Armani as they went from one interview or meet and greet to another. Now he wanted casual things he could wear for taking Paul to the park or lolling about the apartment.

Once he was inside he began looking at his furnishings, doing a mental audit of what was worth moving and what wasn’t. He really hadn’t done much to the place other than provide the necessities. Nothing here was really important to him, with the exception of course of his Playstation gear and a few CD’s. He could likely move in one trip in a fair sized car.

They had discussed whether to keep his place or Pet’s and Pet’s was the most logical {Urs would be so proud of him for his line of thinking}. Pet had two bedrooms and a tiny office, whereas David’s flat had one bedroom and an office area stolen from one side of the Lounge.

He thought of this next step, moving in with Pet…he was more than just ready, he was champing at the bit. The thought of having her around every spare moment, of sharing the almost daily changes in Paul made his eyes glisten with tears. They hadn’t talked about marriage but sometime soon, when the time was right he would let her know that his opinion of the institution had changed. He wanted Pet to be his wife, to share his life…he wanted to be a real Dad to Paul and hopefully to more children if Pet was willing.

First steps first. He grinned and took a large carry-all into the bedroom and started packing.

Urs couldn’t sleep. He slid quietly out of bed, sitting on the edge in the moonlit room and watching Maggie sleeping, thinking about her in all her different forms. She was such a complex person, yet so open and honest, wearing her emotions up front to be accepted or ignored by all who saw her….calm and cool under pressure, soft and needing comfort after stoically enduring danger, funny at times, serious at others, intensely interested in just everything….and she loved him, beyond anything else in her life she loved HIM, Urs Toni Buhler, the one man she had given her heart, her body, her very soul to. It was a huge burden of love, one he accepted with his whole being, in fact one he could not live without. He would not fail her.

She stirred and he stroked his hand down her bare arm, calming her instantly.

Tonight had been wild, unexpected and wonderful. All her inhibitions were gone, but it was more than that, as if a change had occurred, as if a door had opened and she had at last let out all the stored up or contained feelings she had for him, needing release herself but more than anything wanting to please him. A long forgotten conversation with Franz when Shannon had first announced that she was pregnant with the twins kept nagging at him, finally appearing in his conscious mind and he gasped as he thought of it. Could that be what it was that was so different about her?

He stood and quietly pulled on his boxers, tiptoeing from the room and downstairs for Mami’s old panacea for the insomniac…warm milk.

He was surprised to find Papa in the kitchen on the same errand.

Nikolai looked up when Urs wandered in.

“Warm milk?”

“Thanks…couldn’t sleep…you too?”

“You don’t need so much sleep when you get older. I got thinking about your new house and couldn’t turn my mind off. You’ll be needing help with the furnishings and the kitchen cupboards.”

Urs smiled and accepted the mug of milk, taking a few cookies from the tin that lived permanently on the first shelf under the end of the counter…in easy reach of little hands.

“I hope to get enough time to do some of it myself but I could use an expert’s advice and help.”

“Ach, I might as well…you’ll be borrowing my tools anyway.”

They sat in companionable silence for a few minutes then Urs broached a subject he wanted to speak about but his natural reserve had kept him silent.

“Does a woman become more…sensual when she is pregnant?”

Nikolai looked up at his son and saw that asking had been difficult, so he didn’t laugh.

“Well I only know from your Mami. I could always tell with her, even before she saw the doctor. She nearly killed me with her demands …are you and Maggie…?”

Urs shook his head. “By my calculations she’s only a couple of days late but ….. let’s just say she’s always eager, but now….more than usual, much more.”

“Good sign…don’t spoil it for her, Son….let her take one of those tests and tell you when she’s sure.”

They talked a while longer, about the house, about Schtute who likely wouldn’t last another winter and would be sorely missed, about going to the local market on the weekend for some baskets of tomatoes for Mami to make her containers of sauce for the winter months. Finally Nikolai rose and rinsed his mug, took Urs’ and rinsed it when he came to the sink, clapped his son on the shoulder and went off to join his sweetheart in their suite.

Urs gave Schtute a couple of pets between the ears when she hobbled out for a drink of water, pet Heinz at his post by the door and went back up to snuggle next to Maggie. She stirred as he pulled her into his arms and he kissed her gently, tucking her head under his chin.

“Alright?” she murmured, not quite awake.

“Perfect!” he whispered and closed his eyes to dream.

--------------------
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 44 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:51 pm

CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

Urs woke in the early morning reluctantly…he had been enjoying such a lovely dream.

They had gone to the waterfall above the farm and stripped off to swim in the pond at the bottom, the water not as cool now after a day of being heated by the sun. Maggie was playful, swimming underneath him and caressing his body then darting away, letting him chase her and turning to press up against him. The air was cooling, a slight breeze wafting across the pool and drying their skin as they left the depths and walked arm in arm to the blanket, stopping to snuggle and for her to tease, her mouth nipping at his chest but softly, her tender hands massaging the muscles of his chest, his stomach, his thighs…

His eyes opened slowly to reality, but the sensuous feeling of her hands continued. She was sitting on his legs, her hands oiled and busy, waking his muscles tenderly, the breeze he had felt, coming from the open doors to the balcony.

“Good morning,” she purred at him with a smile, placing her hands firmly on his thighs and crawling up his body until she lay stretched out, reaching his mouth and kissing him, gently, then with more aggression.

“Maggie…” he murmured, reaching for her when she freed his mouth but she lay her hand against his lips, then took his hands and raised them over his head on to the pillow.

“Shhh!...don’t talk! Lay back and enjoy…”

The sun was well up in the sky when they woke again and stumbled into the shower. Their bed was a jumbled mess of linens and Maggie giggled when she saw that somehow Urs’ grip on the headboard at one point in their loving, had pulled it loose….he would have to repair it before anyone else noticed.

They took turns lathering each other and rinsing, stopping now and then for a gentle kiss, careful not to let the memories of the early morning get out of control.

It was hours before they would go to town to meet with the architect so they both dressed in navy shorts, Maggie in a pale blue cotton tank top and Urs pulling on a sleeveless rugby tank, navy with red and white piping. He rested his hand on her bottom as they went down the stairs, making her giggle and glance at him.

“Nice wiggle,” he said with a grin and removed his hand before they entered the kitchen.

“At last…I thought you were going to sleep all day,” Inga said with a grin as she received a good morning kiss from each of them and nodded towards the always ready coffee pot.

“It’s fresh…Papa was just in for a cup…he’s on the veranda if you want to join him while Maggie finds something for both of you to eat.”

Urs raised his brows at Maggie who shooed him out so he grinned and left with coffee mug in hand.

Nikolai was sitting in one of the wooden chairs with his feet up on the railing, dressed for working.

“Just in time….I cut some of the logs but need to stack them…Feel like some heavy lifting, Son?”

Urs nodded and sat in the next chair, looking out over the fields.

Heinz was chasing butterflies, honing his hunting skills and failing miserably but having a grand time. For a six year old dog there was still a lot of puppy in him at times. Maxine strolled along the railing and jumped into Urs lap, curled up, stared him for a moment with a silent command and relaxed when he obeyed and began petting her.

“I had to let Mami in on the secret while you were away. She hates it when she doesn’t know everything…and we needed her help with the last part of it. It’s ready whenever the right moment arrives. It’s in our suite, under a sheet if you want to see it when Maggie isn’t around.”

Urs chuckled.

“The right moment might be sooner than we thought…thank you, Papa.”

They were talking about Franz’ new truck when Maggie and Inga came out with more coffee and two plates of food, mushroom and cheese omlettes, sausage and a chop as well for Urs and a nice little arrangement of cut up fruit beside the toast.

Urs tucked into his and sighed…perfect…Mami made the best omlettes with just a touch of nutmeg.

Maggie and Inga laughed when he commented on his and Inga admitted that Maggie had made them.

“Well done, Liebe…though I’m not surprised…you learn everything quickly.”

She didn’t miss the double meaning and scampered back into the kitchen for some juice to hide the crimson flush on her cheeks.

Later in the morning they both went out to help stack the wood. Nikolai put Maggie in charge of the kindling while Urs lugged and stacked the larger pieces, an armload at a time. It took about an hour for the team to make short work of the entire wagon load and they stood back to admire their handiwork.

“How much more will you need to do for the whole winter?” Maggie asked.

“Three more trips should do it nicely. I don’t take it all and never cut anything down unless it’s been dead a long time. It makes good homes for the birds and the dead falls are nice hiding places for small animals…eventually they are absorbed into the forest floor to replenish the soil.”

“Now I know where Urs gets his love of the forest. I’m always surprised that he knows the names of everything we see when we’re hiking.”

“I almost went into that field instead of music,” he admitted… “For a while I couldn’t decide between the Sciences or Mathematics…and then Music won out.”

“Thank God!! What a loss that would have been! I can’t imagine never having heard your voice or the music you create. And now with the farm you can have both worlds. I hope this friend of yours can help us get things started.”

Urs went to the workshop and came back with some tools, murmured that there was something in his room that needed fixing and headed into the house. Nikolai called after him asking if he needed help, thankfully didn’t notice when Maggie had to hide her face for a moment so he wouldn’t see her choking back a laugh. Urs just waved and said it wasn’t a big job…he could handle it.

After lunch they decided to get changed and take their folder of information into Willisau. They had opted for business-like so Urs wore boots, nice fawn colored trousers and a light tan shirt, his hair the way she liked it…Curly! Maggie had chosen a cream linen suit from her ever expanding selection of new clothing, short sleeved, fitted tailored jacket with just a bit of cream lace from her vest peeking out the cleavage, her skirt a demure 2 inches above her knees and 3 inch, sand colored, strappy sandals with a matching bag. She twisted her long hair into an elegant roll and wore gold ear-rings, each consisting of a trio of different sized gold hoops with a small diamond at the lobe as her only extra jewelry.

They had decided to go out for dinner after the meeting so Inga and Nikolai dressed for it as well, though he grumbled. He turned out quite nicely, all in grey, gunmetal for his short sleeved shirt, darker trousers, highly polished boots, looking very dignified and elegant with his shock of silvery hair tamed a bit.

Inga didn’t look old enough to have the handsome young man who helped her into the car for a son until you noticed the thick grey hair that she had braided and coiled at the back of her head.

Her slender body with the womanly curves was encased in a navy pant suit, the jacket short sleeved with big red buttons. worn over a red and white striped top, navy pants with a bit of flare at the ankles and red strapped high heels. She carried a huge white shoulder bag that Nikolai claimed held everything a person would need for a weekend trip.

They parked near the office for Solarhauser and strolled along the avenue, window shopping. Inga and Maggie left father and son browsing through a boot shop and went to the Pharmacy…for ‘girl stuff’ they said so the men wouldn’t be tempted to join them.

“This is the one,” Inga said handing Maggie a slim box and helping to translate the German wording.

“It claims to be accurate when you are only one week over-due.”

Maggie took two more boxes and handed them to the cashier to pay for them with her credit card.

She looked up at Inga and blushed a bit.

“If all three test the same then I will believe it…and strangely enough the one week will be up on my birthday, August 9th.”

Inga hid the bag in the depths of her carryall and they went to join the men, just in time.

The floor around Urs was littered with boxes and he was trying on a pair of black leather boots with sequins completely covering the vamp and in a pattern up the side. Beside him was another sparkly pair, this time black oxfords, covered as well in sequins.

“Aren’t they great? I can wear them on the tour. They’ll look outstanding with my tux.” He was serious but grinning and Maggie shook her head in despair. Only Urs would be able to carry off such a look, though she was sure Wardrobe would have something to say.

They left soon after, both sequined pair of footwear in bags as well as a red leather pair of boots with black toes and silver caps…Nikolai had restrained himself to one pair of serviceable but beautiful, black snakeskin boots.

It was still early so they dropped the footwear off and went to a sidewalk café for refreshments, chatting about boots and concerts, speaking to friends who wandered by and stopped for a few moments, some to congratulate Urs and meet his new bride.

With 15 minutes to go before the scheduled meeting they arranged where to meet later and split up, Nikolai and Inga going off for a leisurely walk the few blocks to Franz and Shannon’s house to visit, Urs and Maggie entering the office building to confront the receptionist.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 44 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:52 pm

There was no waiting. She announced them and within seconds an inner door opened and a tall, well built man with a thatch of thick brown hair came down the hall and extended his hand, his smile of welcome beaming as he approached.

“Urs Buhler…man, I’m surprised you remembered me…I’ve heard about your new venture and the success you’re having. And you’re married to this lovely woman. Well done.”

He shook Urs hand and took Maggie’s to kiss the back of it gently, appraising her with eyes so blue and shiny it was like the sky had dribbled into them.

“The last time I saw you was in Conspiracy, with bushy hair nearly to your waist and you wore thick glasses.”

“A stylist and Laser surgery…works wonders. You’ve changed a bit too.” Urs said with a grin as they were shepherded down the hall.

“Contacts and the gym…come in, have a seat and tell me what I can do for you.”

They could almost see the change that came over Yanni as they discussed what they had in mind… he became the professional, listening to what they wanted to achieve, asking if they had any idea of what it would entail, looking slowly and carefully at the clippings they had and the information they had gathered on solar living.

“Well…you’ve certainly done your homework. I usually have to waste time explaining the difference between Passive and Greenhouse as well as every thing else. One thing I need to do before I could commit to drawing up plans for your approval is see the existing buildings and the land itself. Then I can give you a rough evaluation of what can be done. I will tell you up front that this is not a quick nor cheap fix. You and the environment will reap the benefits over the long term but the initial outlay could be quite expensive, especially with all the things you want included.”

They didn’t tell him to stop talking, just smiled at each other and Urs answered.

“We’re not worried about the money, Yanni. This is the place we want to call home for the next 50 or 60 years. It has to be perfect.”

Yanni pulled a contract out of his top desk drawer and lay it on the desk facing them.

“I charge 200 Euros per hour for an evaluation, which should take between 3 and 6 hours. If I have to draw up plans rather than using my stock then that could take up to a week for myself and my crew. I’ll need a deposit of 10,000 Euros. If we decide not to go ahead, the balance that hasn’t been earned will be refunded.”

Urs glanced at Maggie and saw that she had opened her bag and produced a pen and their checkbook, one on their joint account that had never had a cheque drawn on it yet. She passed them both to him and he quickly made out the cheque, scanned the contract and they both signed it. Yanni raised his brows when he read her signature… ‘Lady Margaret-Rose Buhler’…but he said nothing.

Yanni stood and held out his hand.

“I have another appointment so I’m afraid I can’t chat. Would tomorrow, 8 a.m. be alright for you? I have the day free and would love to see this place.”

“Great,” Urs said…”Wear jeans and boots…it’s pretty rough at the moment. We’ll bring lunch.”

They were walking about a foot off the pavement when they went out to the car, thrilled with the interview and the speed with which Yanni was willing to go ahead.

“I suppose we should interview others as well,” Urs said but the unwillingness was evident in his voice.

“Not yet, Liebe. I liked him. Let’s give him a chance. We haven’t committed to anything other than an initial work up.”

He glanced at her as she sat so calmly beside him, thinking again how much he loved her and how attuned they were. He took her hand and kissed her fingertips, kept hold of it until they reached Franz house to pick up Inga and Nikolai.

--------------------
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 45 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:53 pm

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

David hauled his bags up the staircase to Petra’s apartment, grunting and wishing he had made multiple trips instead of trying to be Superman. That was the only drawback to living here…no lift. There was a nice little balcony for BBQing or to sit out in the sun and a perfect park nearby, shops were only a block away.

He reached the door and banged it a couple of times with his foot, then remembered that Pet was at work and had dropped Paul off at her sister’s flat. He set one of the heavy bags down, fished out his key, opened the door and staggered inside, leaving the bags in the foyer and going to the frig in the Kitchen for a cold beer.

He would take a few minutes with a cold one to catch his breath then unpack and that would be done.

His mind wandered to Carlos and Gerry and he raised the beer in a silent toast to them. They wanted a child so badly, he hoped they would be successful. Not everyone was lucky enough to get a package deal like he was. He wondered about Geena and Seb, what they were doing, if things were still going smoothly with them. Seb was so much happier now that he had accepted and even joined in the work that she did. The gentle Frenchie had done a complete 360, immersing himself in the work with CASPAR. David knew what Seb had needed to do on this big mission they had just completed and had watched Seb carefully to see how it affected him. There was no sign of remorse, no nerves, no guilt. Perhaps Seb had finally come to realize that sometimes you just had to do what was necessary.

His mobile rang, interrupting his reverie and he answered it in his cheerful booming voice.

“Player…Grumpy has need of your special skills if you can spare the time.”

It was Pet’s voice but in professional mode and he answered in kind.

“Thank you, Mother, I’ll be along immediately.”

He disconnected, put the empty in the bin for recycling, glanced at his unpacked bags and took the stairs two at a time, out to flag down a cab.

Yanni was ready and waiting when they pulled up at the office 10 minutes early, dressed in well fitted jeans and a tight golf shirt, scuffed hiking boots that had seen a lot of wear and a nylon back-pack beside him on the ground. He wore a vest very much like field photographers would use, with many pockets and clips, all of them bulging, filled with tools of his trade no doubt. He had a baseball cap on his short, thick hair and sunglasses peeking out of the pocket of his shirt, looked eager and happy with a huge smile on his face as they pulled up.

“Good morning!!” he called out as he threw his back pack in the back seat and climbed in after. “This is my favorite part of the job…the first sight of a new project…well, almost my favorite…seeing the finished product would really be first.”

He leaned his arms on the back of their seats and kept up a cheerful chatter as they made their way through the town and wound along the country road until they reached the gate. Once they had passed through the gate and Maggie had climbed back into the front seat he asked them to stop for a minute while he took some shots of the land.

He was different now, still quite calm and happy but quieter, more professional and the young couple let him do his thing, answering any questions he had but otherwise keeping silent.

He studied the house for almost an hour from the outside, taking photos with his digital camera from every angle, turning his back to study where the sun was, how close the sheltering trees were and where the shadows fell. Then they went inside.

Again he inspected and photographed, asked questions, nodded with delight and agreement when they mentioned that they would like to see about refurbishing the old cooker. With skillful questioning he got a better idea of exactly what they were looking for, what kind of ambience they preferred, the lifestyle they were looking for….and as the morning wore on his smile became bigger and bigger, the eagerness in his voice increased and their anticipation grew.

They kept going until nearly 1, checking out the land around the house, the outbuildings and the sites that would be appropriate for others.

“Marvellous! This site is perfect for what you want. I would suggest a combination of Passive, Greenhouse and Ram walls or sculptures. The bones of the house are sound…we can use that and build around it, building a natural looking Ram wall at the end of the house and extending into that rocky outcropping…that will give you more space for additional bedrooms above and a beautiful music room below…the acoustics will be outstanding. We can take one of the existing bedrooms and turn it in to several bathrooms…the whole will look compact and in keeping with the environment but should provide all the space you need and more…..Now you said something about lunch?”

They spread the blanket out in the pasture beside the driveway and unloaded a positive feast that Mami and Maggie had prepared, chatting and eating, laughing with delight at plans coming into fruition.

Yanni explained about Ram walls, how they were made of a special insulating compound and finished to look like natural stone. He suggested getting the well water tested and said he would handle it if they approved, which of course they did.

At 2:30 Yanni gathered up all his equipment and notes and asked to be taken back to town.

“Give me a week…I’ll get my team working on it today and we can get together a week today so you can see what I have for you. I think you’ll be pleased.”

He was quiet on the return trip, totally immersed in scanning the photos he had taken, lost in the project already and only surfaced long enough to grin and wave at them as he bustled into the office building with his back pack on one shoulder and the camera in front of him, making plans with what he was seeing.

Maggie laughed as they drove away.

“He’s like you…completely absorbed in the passion he has for his work.”

Urs grinned at her and reached over to grasp her hand.

“Maggie…would you mind…”

“No…I want to go back to the farm too,” she interrupted with a cheeky smile.

He laughed.

“Another of your skills…mind-reading.”

“We just think alike, Mein Herr. I need to look again and daydream.”

So they returned to the lonely house that somehow looked a little less abandoned now.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 45 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:54 pm

David arrived at the Base office that was attached to Simon’s office at Sony BMG, placed his palm on the lit plate at the entry and was admitted. He wound through the tightly fit desks until he came to the cubicle that was Petra’s and found her printing out schematics of some buildings.

She looked up when he entered and came over to lay his big hand on her shoulder, giving her a little squeeze and circumspect smile since there were others who could see them.

“You were fast…I haven’t quite finished printing the building plans for you. Grab a coffee and keep me company and I’ll explain what’s up.”

Well fortified with office coffee that looked very much like thick, dark chocolate pudding, he sipped and listened as she explained.

Apparently someone had tipped MI 6 off that a cache of arms was being stored in a warehouse on the outskirts of Wembley. Due to budget restraints they didn’t have the manpower to check it out and would appreciate a recon to see if it was: 1. true and 2. worth the expenditure of a team in a raid. CASPAR had a team that could do the recon but they needed a plan and their team member who usually handled that side of things had been side lined by a civilian malady…a case of the flu.

The papers stacked up in front of him and he riffled through them: the warehouse itself, adjacent buildings complete with uses and hours of operation, security measures in the area businesses, streets and alleys for a 10 block area, street lights and even sewer lines and their dimensions.

“I need a big table or a wall I can put these up on,” he said as he became absorbed in the problem. Pet motioned towards an adjacent conference room and he gathered everything up to start work in there.

Two hours later when the team and leader arrived he was ready, a comprehensive plan worked out. He pointed out the possible areas for surveillance, the areas to avoid and gave them the timetable of the security in neighbouring buildings. He had pinpointed the best vantage points to see into the actual warehouse, explained why certain areas would be best avoided and sat back to get reactions from the team.

There were questions, he had known there would be, but was ready for them. He patiently explained the reasoning behind his plans and saw that he had won them over.

It was a long night for them, monitoring the open lines from the team, listening to them as they set about their work but it went smoothly, the only hitch when one of the team accidentally stepped on a discarded soda can and temporarily alerted a guard with the crunching noise. Everyone froze in place and waited out the minutes it took for the guard to relax again.

By 2 a.m. the team was back, turned in their cameras and weapons, had given their reports and thanked Mother and Player for their help.

“Are we picking up Paul?” David asked as he helped Pet on with her light jacket and took her hand to go out to the waiting transport.

“Around noon tomorrow. It’s too late to disturb them all now. So I have you all to myself tonight, Stretch,” she said with a giggle and gave his butt a little pat.

“I’m gonna get lucky tonight,” he sang softly in her ear as they exited the door and she whispered ‘if you play your cards right!!’

Urs adjusted the seat for Maggie’s shorter legs, checked that she could comfortably reach the gas and brake and went around the car to sit in the passenger seat.

He didn’t want to do this, had been against it from the first mention but she had been so eager and he did like to please her. Still his nerves were already jangled and they hadn’t even started the motor yet.

At breakfast Maggie had mentioned that since they had time she would love to learn how to drive.

“If you show me this morning, then maybe this afternoon I can go into Willisau and get my license.”

Urs smiled at her indulgently.

“I believe it will take longer than one morning of practice, Liebeling. You have to learn the rules from the handbook and practice actually driving.”

She looked crestfallen for a moment and then brightened.

“Then we could start practicing and pick up the handbook the next time we’re in town. Please, Urs, it will be important when you are touring and I’m at the farm alone.”

Nikolai and Inga watched the interchange silently, smiling and refusing to speak up when Urs looked at them for help. They could remember with dread the one and only time he had tried to teach his sister to drive.

“All right…we’ll practice in the driveway right after breakfast.”

She squealed with delight and threw her arms around his neck to hug him tight.

“I hope I live to regret this,” he muttered when she began clearing the breakfast dishes away then dashed upstairs to brush her teeth before they went outside.

Inga and Nikolai calmly took coffee out to the veranda to watch, sitting in the big wooden chairs and waving as Maggie fairly danced to the car and Urs seated her in the driver’s seat.

She reached for the key in the ignition but Urs. hand clasped hers quickly, stopping her from turning it.

“Whoa…slow down!.. There’s some things we have to talk about first.
You need to check the mirrors and make sure you can see well behind you and to both sides….those little toggles will adjust them so you get a good view. Now try the pedals and see if you’re comfortable…no, no…right foot only.”

He was already sweating, though it was early in the morning and the air was still a bit night cool.

“Now, this is your gear shift…Park, Reverse, Drive, Neutral the rest you won’t need unless you have your license.”

“Then why are they on there? What are they for?”

He sighed. This was not going to be easy.

“Those are gears for bad hills or for having to pass someone fast, to give you a little extra kick of power….hopefully you will never need them.”

He had put it off as long as possible so now let her start the car.

She floored the gas and turned the key, making the motor roar as the powerful engine came to life.

“EASY!! NOT SO MUCH GAS!” he yelled over the roar of the motor and she took her foot off the pedal, looking at him in confusion.

Urs clenched his teeth and tried to not speak harshly.

“Baby, you only need to touch the gas lightly when you first turn the car on.”

“I’ll remember next time,” she said with just a shade of tremble in her voice.

‘Mein gott!!! She’s right …there’s going to be a next time, and one after that, and…God help me!!’

For a while he let her drive very slowly down the driveway and then reverse, using the mirrors to back up. Part of the time she managed to stay in the driveway, part angling off into the field and slowly driving back onto the drive to try again. After several attempts at reversing that were more or less good, they ventured further down the drive.

“Now when you come to the end of the drive you need to check for oncoming traffic, people on bikes or walking, dogs, then make a left turn onto the road. Then I want you to stop and reverse, turn back into the drive and go back up to the house.”

Maggie was biting her lip, holding the steering wheel as he had told her, hands at 10 and 2, though he hadn’t mentioned that she should hold on until her knuckles turned white. Her mind was whirling with what he had told her to do: go to the end, make a left turn…no first look for cars and people, and dogs…then make a turn…right or left? Left…..then reverse…was it alright to reverse when she was going forward? And when should she start to turn…

“Too fast…Maggie, too FAST…TOO FAST!!! SLOW DOWN!!! CAR!!! TURN!!! HIT THE BRAKE!!!”

It was all too much…totally confused now she stomped on what she thought was the brake and the car shot forward…Urs grabbed for the wheel but her hands were locked in place…they missed the oncoming farmer’s truck by inches and fairly flew into the field across the road going several car lengths until Urs managed to get his foot under her leg and stomp the brake to the floor, dislodging her foot from the gas in the process.

Very slowly in the ensuing silence Maggie leaned forward and turned off the ignition. Urs leapt from the car, leaving his door open, thrust his hands deep in his pockets and paced around the car, his eyes narrowed and angry, brow furrowed.

After a few minutes the driver’s door opened and Maggie got out of the car. She was holding her arms wrapped around herself under her bosom with her head down and eyes averted.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered so low that he almost missed it. He glanced at her and his anger melted. She was crying, her misery apparent in every line of her body.

“Scheissedragg!! Come here,” he murmured and took her stiff body into his arms to comfort her against his chest.

“I’m a terrible teacher when it comes to cars…no patience. We won’t try this again, but I agree…you do need to be able to drive. We’ll get you lessons with a professional. Don’t cry, Luv, please don’t cry. My heart aches when you cry.”

Urs glanced up the drive to their audience and saw that they had both moved to the steps and were peering intently down toward them. He waved with thumb up to put their minds at ease and wiped the tears from Maggie’s face, pulled a hand full of tissues out of his pocket and told her to blow. She smiled, blew her nose and leaned against him again.

“I really am sorry, Urs. I got so confused, didn’t know what to do. Will you drive me home?”

He chuckled and held her away from him.

“No!...I’ll get us out of the field and onto the driveway, then YOU will drive us back to the house, nice and slow. Deal?”

She smiled and stood back while he slowly maneuvered the car onto and across the road, turning and entering the driveway then kissing her before they traded places to get back to the house.

Inga had disappeared but came back out with a pitcher of juice and a platter of cookies just as they parked and came up on the veranda. She made no comment about the driving lesson, neither did Nikolai though he did pat Maggie on the shoulder and laugh softly as he rose to get a cookie.

The man watching from the shelter of trees beyond the pasture at the far side of the road lowered his binoculars and pulled a notebook out of his small backpack. He made a short notation part way through the book, put his pen and notebook back in the back pack and settled down to wait for some sign of movement at the house across the road.

This was turning into an extremely boring job but the pay was excellent regardless of the reports he turned in. He sighed as he watched the four people sitting on the veranda, enjoying the pleasant day, wishing he could do the same.

Yesterday he had lost them because of the early start. They had driven into town just as he was setting up in this spot and by the time he had hiked through the trees and entered Willisau their car was no-where to be seen. The client would not be happy about that. Perhaps the information that the woman was sighted now and couldn’t drive would be enough to keep him from exploding with the anger he seemed unable to control, especially about this man.

He wondered what had occurred in the past to cause such hatred…Not that it mattered. It was his job to relay information, nothing more and that he would do…though the woman was a looker…he wouldn’t mind a few hours alone with her.

Once more he watched, silently, enjoying a few daydreams, waiting for them to do something worth reporting.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 46 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:56 pm

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

Geena and Seb had decided on Nice after a brief visit with his Maman. She hadn’t expected them and was willing to alter her very busy schedule but they declined, wanting nothing more than a few days of peace and quiet, possibly some sun and swimming.

They booked into a pension a bit out of the city, near enough the beaches to only be a short walk and on a sheltered, out of the way street that had little traffic, sleeping-in being the only requirement that Geena had.

It was a pretty room, done in crisp clean whites and blues, the large bed with wrought iron head and foot boards and a foot thick white covered duvet, thick white scatter mats on the tile floor and a small table and chairs on the roomy balcony, the other end with a double lounge. The windows to the balcony were open when they arrived, a gentle breeze from the sea stirring the sheer, white curtains and when they stepped outside to check the view it was of a sea of red tile rooftops that undulated away to the Mediterranean.

“Heaven!” Geena proclaimed as Seb came up behind her and curled his arms around her waist, kissing the side of her face and watching a few sailboats scudding along on the calm sea, the colorful sails billowing.

“Do you want to swim today or shall we explore, perhaps find some wine and cheese to nibble on later? The shops are quite close and we can just wander and browse.”

They decided on wandering and left the unpacking for later, going back down the narrow stairs to the foyer and out into the street. At the cross street they wandered to the left, away from the water, soon coming to an area of quaint little shops and sidewalk cafes, a few rather posh looking restaurants nestled back off the street. They stopped at a café for an espresso and sat at one of the sidewalk tables to people watch, making up outrageous stories about those they saw, quietly of course, so as not to be overheard.

They finished and walked on, stopping at a street stall to browse through the mixture of wares. Geena spotted a figurine, well made and detailed of a frog on a lily pad, his mouth open as if croaking…or singing …and she purchased it, presenting it to her own special Froggie and making him blush and laugh.

“I will keep this forever,” he said with a grin…. “and everytime I look at it I will remember how beautiful you looked on this day.”

She stopped laughing and felt her eyes well with tears. Compliments were something she had never taken well and coming from Sebastien with that look of adoration in his eyes nearly undid her.

“I feel beautiful when I am with you, my Froggie.” She caressed his cheek and kissed him, earning a small applause of approval from the vendor, a true Frenchman, appreciating a display of love.

They went on and found the bakery, made mental note of the location for fresh croissants in the morning, purchased some fruit, juice, wine and cheese a little further on and circled around to make their way back to the pension.

The shower had been designed for one, they found when they bathed together, but they managed, staying very close together, finding the closeness very erotic… the water had cooled somewhat when they finally completed their ablutions and lay on the big soft bed to cuddle for a nap.

Seb couldn’t remember ever being so in tune with a woman before. Geena seemed to know what he was thinking, what he wanted or needed almost before he did. Loving her was always an adventure, never the same, never boring, not always something that he had to initiate. She seemed to crave intimacy with him often, whether it was merely holding hands or the gentle stroke of fingers on bare arms, or more…. She was just like him…a very tactile person. Outside of her work mode she was gentle, sweet, almost shy with simple tastes, an undemanding woman who gave her love without reservations. For him she was exactly what he needed and wanted in his life, now and in the future.

He thought of the jewelers that they had passed and smiled. Before they left Nice he would find out what she liked and buy a ring for her, then ask for a lifetime commitment. He sighed and felt the warmth of his decision in his heart. It felt good, right, perfect…. He pulled her closer and drifted off to contented sleep.

Yvette was early today, early enough to stop at a Starbucks on Yonge Street and get a refreshing Iced Mochacino on her way to the subway. She like the early morning walk to the Transit station, passing the old and well maintained homes along the streets, the yards bursting with trimmed bushes and flower beds interspersed with annuals and perennials in the all too short summer weather.

She was dressed for class, jeans, tee shirt, trainers and carried the ever present signature of a student…a heavy back pack. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail making her look younger than the 26 years she had been on the planet, certainly a lot younger than she had looked while still living with Laurenz…if you could call that living.

It had taken a while but now she felt free, still legally married of course and there was nothing she could do about that without coming out of hiding, but free to get on with life, to make plans for herself and Hans.

The thought of her son made her smile. He was growing so fast…the past few months had seen a lot of firsts…his first tooth, his first attempt at standing. Soon he would be walking and the lovely girl who cared for him while she was studying at George Brown College would have a real challenge.

She thought about her unknown benefactor. One day perhaps she would find out who was behind all the assistance she was receiving. There seemed to be no shortage of funds for tuition, clothing, anything that was needed including a generous allowance for out of pocket expenses. And the house they were living in was not some shabby cottage…it was immense, staffed, cared for, in an excellent neighbourhood. Everything had been arranged for herself and for Hans: medical coverage, a pediatrician for Hans, a GP for her, good food and pleasant company, her choice of what she wanted to do with her life now. The only problem had been lack of contact with her family but it was explained that until he was caught and put away it would be dangerous for them to know where she was. Another thing for later, when she had finished her course and started her business.

Somehow she would repay her benefactor, and re-establish contact with her family…somehow she would give back to Urs for all the suffering he had gone through.

Her step was determined as she left the subway train and changed to the other line for the short ride to the College. She knew now that she was strong, that she could do this. She smiled and wondered if Urs would be proud of the new Yvette.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 46 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:57 pm

“I think I’m going to do some Tai Chi in the morning instead of jogging,” Maggie said as they were dressing.

Urs glanced up in surprise from where he had been tying his shoe laces. He smiled and watched as she shimmied into a lilac unitard and pulled a short sleeveless tee shirt over the top.

“I thought you liked getting all sweaty with me.”

“Naughty boy…is that all you think about? Seriously, I read that jogging isn’t very good for a woman, even with a sports bra, if they’re…let’s say well endowed. It’s considered an impact sport because of the constant slapping of your foot on the ground. Anyway I like Tai Chi… it makes me feel good.”

He watched for a minute longer as she quickly braided her hair. So that meant she hadn’t taken the test yet but was taking no chances….she would have told him if she had tested and it was positive.

“Maybe I’ll just do a short circuit today, come back and join you…Tai Chi is great for my breath control.”

She beamed a smile at him and they went downstairs, using the veranda railing for some easy stretches.

Urs kissed her and smiled, then took off down the lane, easing into a longer stride than he would have with her beside him. Maggie plugged her head set in, found the series of classical pieces she liked to exercise to and started the first moves, the gentle warm-up movements to get her muscles warm and relaxed.

She tried to clear her mind, to concentrate only on the infusion of air to her body, the stretching of her limbs, the expanding of her lungs but reality kept creeping in. Her birthday was in two days…the day when the test claimed to be accurate. Two days until she would know if she was with child.

She felt pregnant…her bosom was incredibly tender and she swore it had increased slightly in size… her hormones were out of control, not that it was a bad thing but she was surprised that Urs hadn’t said anything about it. He was just naturally very randy, practicing Tantric as well as he did meant that he was almost always ready and willing but lately she was the wild one.

Mozart Opus 40 started and she swung into the side lunge known as shooting the Arrow, her body perfectly aligned. She held the pose for a slow 5 count then gracefully turned her body in a fluid movement to shoot the Arrow the other way, coming back to center to expand her lungs with the graceful Blossom combination.

Urs had returned and joined her without her knowledge, standing beside her, moving in sync with her, his toned body in tight jogging pants and a sleeveless tee giving the appearance of a black clad Greek God.

They went through all the positions, working each muscle group in sequence, easing into the cool down phase after a full hour and ending with deep breathing.

“We should do that more often,” Urs said as they finished and went up the steps to the veranda. The sun was well up now beyond the mountains and they were surprised to find that Inga and Nikolai were on the veranda, sipping on coffee.

“I haven’t seen you doing that for a long time, Urs. It still looks almost like dancing to me, just needs music.”

Maggie unplugged her headset and waved her IPod at Inga, laughing.

“I agree, that’s why I use this…Mozart is great for Tai Chi.”

They laughed, gathered up their mugs and went in to make breakfast.

Urs came in the bathroom with his hips wrapped in a towel, trying to decide whether or not to shave. Maggie was towel wrapped and standing sideways to the large mirror, her hand on her stomach, gazing intently, a sweet smile on her face as he came up behind her.

He couldn’t keep silent any longer.

“Did you take the test yet?” he asked softly against her head and she looked in the mirror to meet his eyes.

“How did you know?”

“You are the most important thing in my life…. I know your moods, how your mind thinks, when you are happy or sad, when your monthly cycle should happen…and it didn’t. I know you wanted to be sure but remember we don’t keep secrets, Liebe. Let me share the waiting until we know for sure.”

She turned and looked up at him, saw nothing but love for her and hope that they had created their first child.

“I didn’t want you to be worried. I was going to do the test in two more days and then tell you.”

“On your birthday….. what a perfect birthday present!! Alright…we can wait 2 more days but Liebe…. I’ll bet the test is positive.”

“Oh I do hope so,” she crooned against his chest and hugged him so hard he grunted.

The men were ejected from the house for a few hours in the afternoon while Inga and Maggie worked on the tomatoes from the market in town. Maggie was introduced to the fascinating world of ‘putting down’ tomatoes and spices for the winter, had a vague recollection of Cook doing it before, the kitchen always a beehive of activity with jars being boiled to sterilize them, cutting boards and tubs of diced up tomatoes ready to be preserved, the juice dripping on the floor in a sticky mess.

She decided that Inga’s way was better. A quick rinse in the large farm style sink, remove the stem and the hard core, stick a fork in the center and dip it in a pot of boiling water. The skin would then slip off easily and the tomato was quartered and dropped into a large square plastic container. When this was full it would have the lid snapped on tight and the container was labeled and placed in the freezer, mission accomplished.

They worked cheerfully, going through the two bushel baskets in no time, cleaned up the little mess they had made and went out on the veranda with some chilled juice to watch for the men, both of whom had gone to the other end of the forest for another load of wood.

“He knows,” Maggie said with a sigh as they sat in the chairs and put their feet up on the railing, both in shorts and hoping to get a bit of color on their pale legs.

“Of course he does. You’re the center of his universe. He would notice the changes in you, likely knows your cycles as well as you do.”

Maggie chuckled.

“That’s what he said.”

Inga patted her hand in a very motherly gesture and Maggie smiled. This loving woman had become so much more to her than merely Urs’ mother in such a short span of time.

“Dearest, how much do you know about having a child? I know that you lost your Mother when you were just a teen… did you learn about gestation at school?”

Maggie shook her head.

“Very little actually… I picked up a bit from movies I listened to, but I haven’t even had time to go on the Internet and check anything out yet.”

“If you have any questions, I would be happy to tell you in terms you can understand. The doctor will undoubtedly explain most of it to you but they tend to assume that women of your age think they already know most things. That is one thing you must take care of soon… finding a good OB/GYN doctor.”

Maggie turned to her and grinned.

“Be careful what you volunteer for Mami…. I have a million questions and I can’t think of anyone I would feel more comfortable asking.”

Inga was a good instructor, answering Maggie’s questions and expanding on them, telling her about the hormonal changes she could expect in her body and what to be careful of. Now Maggie understood why her libido had gone crazy the last few weeks… she blushed as she thought of it and hoped it would last for a while. If Inga noticed she did so discretely, saying nothing.

“You should take birthing classes, both of you if Urs is willing to be present at the actual birth, and if I know my son….”

She stopped in mid-sentence as she spotted movement and stood to see better.

“Something is wrong… Urs is pulling the wagon alone and Papa is riding on top of the logs, lying down.”

She was off the steps and running toward the distant figures, Maggie right beside her, both without discussing it.

As they neared they could see that the wagon was only partly full and that Nikolai lay on it, tied down it seemed, and just as well since Urs had it moving at quite a fast pace, going over the ruts instead of around them so that it bounced now and then.

Urs didn’t slow at all when he saw them coming, just called out in a frantic yell that sent chills through both the women.

“Go back!!!...call an ambulance!!!”

Maggie whirled around and sped up, fairly flying over the ground to reach the house.

Inga ignored the orders and made it to the wagon, leaping up on the logs and crouching beside Nikolai. He was unconscious but breathing, scrapes on his face and hands that had bled a bit, one pant leg torn.

Maggie came running out of the house just as Urs reached the drive and lowered the traces of the wagon to the ground, bent over, breathing hard and dripping with sweat, his hands on his knees as he fought to catch his breath.

“The ambulance is coming… Urs, are you alright? What happened?”

He looked up and she blanched when she saw his face. He was gray from exertion, pain and anxiety, streaks of blood on his arms, some on his cheek. He stood straight and pulled her to him for comfort.

“He fell… a branch hit him as a deadhead came down and he fell into a gulley, dropped about 30 feet, hit the rocks, some rolled on him. I couldn’t get him out. Almost gave up and came back for help but I got him free and carried him up the rocks, down the other side to the wagon, unloaded some of it and tied him on. I think he has some broken ribs, but I don’t know.”

They moved back to the wagon and waited for Inga to tell them what her inspection had shown.

“Mami…I’m sorry…I had to move him…I couldn’t leave him there.”

“Shhh, Liebeling…you did the right thing. Thank God you were with him.”

They heard the siren for the ambulance and Urs helped Inga down off the wagon as the attendants raced over and checked their patient. With the skill of practice they removed Nikolai from the wagon and placed him on a stretcher in the ambulance, assisted Inga in and she glanced back at Urs and Maggie.

“Go, Mami, we’ll follow,” Maggie called out when she saw that Urs was too near breaking down to speak.

They watched the ambulance speed towards town, in silence. Urs crumpled to his knees and Maggie gathered him into her arms to let him cry against her breasts.

“I’m sorry, Maggie….I’m not feeling very strong right now,” he managed between sobs.

“Hush, Luv,” she whispered against his sweat wet curls. “You don’t always have to be the strong one. I’ll take care of you.”
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 47 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:58 pm

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

He had cried himself out and got wearily to his feet, wiping his cheeks as they hurried into the house and quickly went up the stairs.

Maggie pulled jeans out of the drawer and a clean tee shirt as Urs washed the blood from his face and arms. He had a couple of small scrapes but they had finished bleeding and needed nothing more than a smear of antiseptic cream.

As he was cleaning up and dressing he told Maggie what had happened.

“We went to the area just at the start of the foothills, very rocky, a lot of storm damage over the past 2 years since Papa culled the wood from that area. The wagon was almost full but he decided to get just one more, a standing tree that had been dead for years, one the animals no longer used. It was a big old snag, leaning at a 25 degree angle, the base wedged into a crevasse between two massive boulders.

“I’m afraid it will come down in a storm and damage some of the seedlings,” Nikolai had said pointing at the profusion of young trees struggling to grow in other cracks in the rocks and at the base of the outcropping some 30 or 40 feet below.

They tied a rope around it when they saw how wobbly it was, standing well back, pulled on it and were rewarded by the 20 foot tall snag beginning to move.

“Stand back, Papa…I should be able to bring it down,” Urs said as he wrapped the rope around his body, preparing to heave.

It did come down easily when he pulled, too easily, but one of the stumps on the bole from a long gone branch hit the rock first and spun the snag in an arc that brought a thick branch swinging straight at Nikolai’s side. He tried to step out of the way but his foot slipped in his haste, the branch caught him and he went over the side of the boulders, head first.

It had happened in slow motion, Urs said as he shivered and told Maggie, letting her lead him down the stairs and out to the car. She encouraged him to get it all out, knowing well that the verbalizing of the event would ease his mind.

“I unwrapped myself from the rope and don’t remember racing up the boulder to kneel and look down. Papa was lying sort of wedged into and under some boulders at the bottom, about 30 feet down. I could see that he was unconscious and bleeding and don’t remember climbing down but I did and breathed again when I saw he was alive. He was wedged in so tight, a couple of rocks that had been dislodged when he fell, on top of him. It took a while to get them off and he moaned a few times…I think I hurt him. I thought about going for help but he came to and opened his eyes a bit and whispered…. ‘Son, take me to your Mami’. I don’t remember how we got out of there but we suddenly were back at the wagon so I threw some of the logs off to make room, tied him on. He was unconcious again and so I just picked up the traces and once it was moving started running.”

He was driving, not even aware of it until he stopped talking and felt Maggie’s hand on his thigh as she comforted him.

“I should phone Franz,” he said as he sped up a bit.

“I did while you were cleaning up, Luv. He’ll meet us at the hospital.”

Franz was just getting out of his truck in the parking lot when they pulled in and waited near the Emergency doors for them.

“What happened?” he asked, looking almost as distraught as Urs.

Maggie gave him a capsule explanation as they walked rapidly inside, checked with reception and were sent to the waiting area.

Inga was seated on a long tan plastic sofa and the trio went straight to her, the boys flanking her on each side and each wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

“I don’t have a lot of news for you but it does look good. They think he has a concussion from the fall, 2 broken ribs and a number of scrapes from the rocks. Your father is a tough old man… he will be more upset at having an accident than anything. You know how he dislikes a fuss, so making him take it easy will be the hardest part of his recovery.”

Urs held his other arm out to Maggie and pulled her onto his lap, needing the comfort of being able to touch her. She leaned over and took one of Mami’s hands in both of hers.

“Between us we can keep him tied down and docile for however long it takes,” she said, giving Inga a small smile of encouragement.

“God help Papa with the two of you on his case,” Urs said and earned a smile from Mami.

They waited, chatting now and then, deciding not to call their sisters until they had more news to impart.

It wasn’t long before the doctor came out to speak to them, a tall thin, middle aged man that greeted Inga by name and smiled at the tense group.

“He’s one tough man, should bounce back from this nicely if you can make him rest and relax for a while. Mild concussion, for which I would like to keep him overnight, two cracked ribs which will heal and are taped up…no sign of internal injury. Other than that, just some scrapes and bruising that will heal without more than antiseptic cream and time. Remarkable, but Nikolai is in great shape for a man of his age so it isn’t all that surprising. You may see him for a minute though he is not very lucid at the moment…. from the concussion, you see. All things going well you may take him home in the morning and cope with him as best you can.”

There was a collective sigh of relief as the two sons shook the Doctor’s hand and they all followed a nurse to the cubicle where Nikolai rested.

He was semi-conscious and grinned at Inga when she bent over him to give him a kiss and clench his hand.

“Did Urs bring the wood home?”

“You old fool… yes he did, with you tied on top and sleeping from the bump on your hard old head.”

He heard his sons chuckling and tried to crane his head around to see them but the sharp stab in the back of his head made him want to moan…

The boys moved closer so he could see them.

“Urs…glad you were there, Son….Franz… day off? If you aren’t busy maybe you could give Urs a hand bringing the rest of the wood down to the house. I’m going to enjoy warming by the fireplace this winter when we burn that old snag.”

“We’ll take care of it Papa,” Franz said with an unusually raspy voice.

Nikolai reached a hand out to each of his sons, received a strong clasp from both of them, managed to smile at Maggie and spoke to her instead of the two boys he had helped create and raise into such fine men.

“Does a man proud to have sons like these,” he said then closed his eyes, escaping into slumber that didn’t require unmanly emotional outbursts.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 47 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 3:59 pm

Inga had been determined to stay at the Hospital but finally gave in to a compromise. She accepted Franz and Shannon’s hospitality for the night, with the understanding that Franz would bring her back to the hospital first thing in the morning. They left as Nikolai was being installed in a private room upstairs, Maggie and Urs making a brief stop to purchase a night gown and robe, new lingerie and a skirt and top, then stopping at the pharmacy for toiletries.

They didn’t stay long…the house had been left wide open in their haste, the dogs and Maxine needed to be fed and Urs, as elder brother had the job given to him to call his sisters.

There wasn’t much to say on the short drive home. Urs was silent, feeling guilty Maggie thought and she decided that it was best to wait until he wanted to talk.

She went in the house, peeking out the window to watch him as he went to the wagon and pulled it around the side of the house to off load the wood. Coffee had just finished brewing when she heard Franz’ truck coming up the drive and she took two mugs out to them as they sat on the logs by the chopping block. Both drank them down as if not feeling the scalding heat, stood and each taking a trace, headed back up across the field toward the forest.

She sighed…they had promised to bring the rest of the logs down, including the snag. Of course they would feel honor bound to do as Nikolai had asked.

Maggie fed the dogs and of course Maxine came running, not wanting to be left out, so she fed her too, on the other side of the kitchen. She flipped through the file of recipe cards that she and Inga had started for her own kitchen, found the one for Engadiner Nusstorte and started pulling ingredients out of the cupboards… she was following the age old solution of wives with trauma in their families…when they hurt…bake them something sinfully sweet.

Nikolai came home just after noon the next day with strict instructions to do no heavy lifting for two weeks and to come back immediately if there were any problems.

He insisted on inspecting the woodpile before he would enter the house, was suitably impressed to see the snag cut and split into fireplace sized logs and a pile of kindling that he rightly assumed was the offending branch. The boys had taken out their frustrations in a very constructive manner and he was pleased.

Inga fussed over him, installing him in one of the lounge chairs on the veranda, bringing him juice and a pillow to go behind his back to ease the pressure on his ribs, fluttering around in a very unprofessional manner until he took her hand and pulled her down onto the seat beside him.

“Settle yourself, old woman. What I need right now is to snuggle a bit with my best girl.”

“Speaking of girls, Papa, they both want to come see for themselves that you are alright. I’ve put them off for a couple of days with the promise that you would call just after dinner tonight.”

“Thank you Urs. I’ll call them both.”

It wasn’t long before they noticed that Inga, who had slept very little the night before, had dozed off and Nikolai waved them away, closing his eyes and drowsing in the warm sunshine himself.

Urs went in and called Franz, reporting that Papa seemed to be settling in well and he would call again in the evening. They both agreed that tomorrow was soon enough for a visit and Urs disconnected, turned and found Maggie right behind him.

He held her tight for a few minutes, rocking her back and forth gently.

“He’s only been sick once, just once in my whole life. Papa has always just been there, big and strong, quiet, wise, someone you could always rely on. It was like a cruel joke to see him lying there, injured, weak, not able to help himself. For a minute I think the shock was so bad I couldn’t move, couldn’t decide what I should do.”

“And yet you did what needed to be done, even if you weren’t conscious of it. It wasn’t your fault Urs, it wasn’t anyones fault. It was an accident. I just thank God that you were there for him.”

They went to the kitchen to find something to make for dinner, sharing the work, stopping now and then as they passed each other for a quick kiss on the neck, a teasing pat on the butt, once Urs pinning her to the door of the frig for a full body contact kiss that left her breathless and made him grin as she leaned into him for more.

“You’re in my way, woman…I need the milk out of the frig.”

She gave him a gentle squeeze in his groin that made him groan and slipped out of his way, giggling when he grabbed for her and his hands found only air.

“You’ll have to be faster than that, Rock God!!!”

Maggie slipped outside with a soft blanket when she noticed that the sun was getting low on the horizon, draped it carefully over the still sleeping couple and returned to help Urs finish off the Alplermagrone.
She dropped 3 large Bernese sausages, liberally poked with a fork, into a pot of boiling stock as she had seen Inga do before, while Urs sliced some fresh baguette and placed it in a cloth lined basket, flipping the cloth over the bread to keep it soft. Together they made a salad out of odds and end in the frig and when everything was ready Maggie went out to crouch beside Inga and gently wake her.

It was an early night for everyone. After dinner and a round of compliments to the cooks, Inga and Nikolai opted to retire to their suite to watch television and catch up on healing sleep. They bid the young couple good night, Nikolai acting out of character and hugging his son rather than the usual clap on the shoulder. Inga whispered to Maggie as she kissed her cheek… ‘Happy birthday tomorrow, Dearest and Good luck!!’

They finished tidying the kitchen and let Heinz out one final time, standing on the veranda watching the deep blue velvet sky with the sprinkling of twinkling stars and the quarter moon that cast a slivery glow on the fields and trees.

“He’s going to be a difficult patient isn’t he?” She murmured, leaning back against his strong body and laying her hands on the bare arms that circled her. She loved the silky feeling of the dark hair on his arms, the cords of muscle that moved when he shivered from her gentle touch.

“Mami can handle him. He’s no match for her when she puts on her ‘Nurse’ cap, none of us ever were. We were probably the only kids in Willisau who never got to miss school by playing sick.”

They were quiet for a moment, watching Heinz look for the perfect spot to relieve his bladder.

“I’m going to do the test first thing in the morning. According to the directions I have to wait 3 minutes then see what color it is….Green means we’re pregnant….Urs, I’m so nervous.”

“Me too….. but we’ll face it together. If it isn’t positive, then we’ll try again. We have the rest of our lives, Luv. It will happen. A love like ours needs to be shared.”

Heinz came back and they went in, the happy dog to do circles then flop down in his bed and watch his human friends walk up the stairs, arms about each other.

They brushed teeth and showered, beginning a slow dance of exploration and awakening, not rushing, taking time to savor each new sensation. Urs sang softly to her and her body harmonized with his song, reacting, responding, making music of her own with her hands on his tingling skin. They loved as if it were the first time, gently, a union of their bodies and souls, an expression of love that transcended words until at last there was no stopping the inevitable and they clung together to soar beyond bliss.

Urs rolled Maggie over to lay against him, spoon fashion, his large hand with fingers splayed laying gently on her flat stomach. She snuggled into his embrace and sighed as he draped one leg over hers and kissed her warm neck.

“Good night, Mein Liebe,” he whispered in her ear and nestled into the pillow, his other arm curled protectively over her head.

“Good night, Luv.”

The last thing she remembered was thinking that she would never be able to sleep tonight as she closed her eyes and relaxed into the warm, soft, cocoon of love they had created.

--------------------
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 48 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:44 pm

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

Urs woke first in the morning and stretched carefully, not wanting to disturb Maggie who was snuggled into his side as he lay on his back. He smiled as he watched her sleeping, his tiny wife with the huge, strong heart. He tried to picture her with her body swollen with child… the thought made his heart ache…. They both wanted this so much…he would have to be strong and loving if they hadn’t been successful… he hated to see her upset or sad, so much so that it was a physical pain. Briefly he wondered how he would handle the delivery aspect of what they wanted to do. Only once had he been present when a woman was in labor, just Yvette when she was in labor with Hans and he had been ousted from the room quickly but could clearly remember how his heart ached in sympathy. For a moment he wondered if he could handle seeing Maggie in so much pain.

Her eyes opened slowly, blank for a second then filling with a mixture of feelings as she realized that he was awake and watching her.

“Happy birthday, Liebeling,” he whispered and bent over to kiss her gently.

She smiled and thanked him and rose from the bed, slipping his discarded tee shirt on over her naked body as she walked to the dresser to gather up the three boxes of test kits that she had placed on a little mat of tissue the night before.

She came back and Urs opened one of the boxes while she did the other two, both of them staring at the plastic wands with the little white windows….such small, innocuous things but with the power to change their lives.

Maggie leaned in for a kiss, for luck she said and left him sitting on the edge of the bed to enter the Lav and close the door.

Urs reminded himself to breathe as he pulled on his shorts and sat down again to wait. She wasn’t long, came back out in less than 2 minutes with all three wands, holding the ends, as if they were poisonous snakes, away from her body, and placing them on the tissues, then retreating to straddle Urs’ legs and lean on him, her head on his shoulder.

“Two more minutes, Swiss,” she murmured as his arms came around her.

“I’m timing it, Liebeling. Then we’ll look together.”

She knew it was time when he stopped nuzzling her neck and stood with her still pressed against his body.

“I can’t look!!” She was so nervous that her body was shivering and he hugged her once more.

“We’ll do it together…. Come on, Klein Liebe.”

They took the few steps hand in hand and even before they reached the dresser they could see the 3 little green windows staring back at them.

“OMG!! Urs we did it!”

“Ach, Mein Gott!! Maggie, they’re green!!!”

She turned to him and saw that his face was wet with happy tears, felt him wipe hers from her cheeks as he bent over her to gently claim her mouth.

“We need to find you a doctor and soon…I wonder when it happened.”

“As near as I can figure from what Mami explained to me, it was probably when we were camping.”

She could see that he remembered those nights quite clearly…his eyes darkened and his body roused from sleep.

“You are insatiable, M’Lord,” she teased and he leered at her.

“There’s just something about knowing that you carry our child inside that luscious body that stirs me…so it’s your fault.”

She giggled and danced about the room, deliriously happy. He caught her around the waist and whirled her around, his face creased in a dimple making grin. They collapsed on the bed, wrapped in each others arms, talking about the changes in their future, just being close and sharing this moment of utter joy.

It had never been a big deal having a birthday so Maggie was overwhelmed by the attention she received in the Buhler household. Urs hadn’t said anything when they celebrated his birthday, alone, the day after their wedding. They had of course been rather pre-occupied with each other and the wonder of belonging, one to the other.

So when the couple came downstairs for breakfast and she found a small mound of presents beside her place setting at the counter where they usually had breakfast and received hugs and kisses from Inga and Nikolai, she was speechless.

“Maggie already gave both of us the most wonderful present ever….we’re going to have a baby!” Urs exclaimed and no one could miss the pride and joy on his face.

Of course this meant another round of hugs and kisses. Urs disappeared in the midst of Maggie being enveloped carefully in Nikolai’s arms and returned a few minutes later with a large object on wheels and covered with a clean white sheet.

“Remember the surprise Papa and I worked on in the workshop? Well Mami contributed as well and we waited for this moment…. Our first piece of furniture, for our new home…. May we use it many times,” he said and kissed her cheek as he handed her a corner of the sheet to pull it off.

She gave the sheet a tug and it slid off to reveal a hand crafted teak cradle, exquisitely done with carved dowels and a tall headboard intricately carved with music notes that she recognized as a lullaby. It was sturdy, with a solid base that would last, likely through many generations, a locking dowel at the bottom of the bed that could be removed to let it swing and she saw that Inga’s contribution had been a soft mattress, cover and bedding, including a lovely white crocheted shawl. Netting depended from the tall headboard, falling in a curtain to either side and could be pulled closed to protect the infant from any invading insects during sleep times.

“You made this? It’s…I have no words…it’s beyond beautiful. It’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever received, ever seen. Thank you!!!”

She dissolved in tears and Urs gathered her into his arms, looking at his parents over her head and smiling.

“Happy tears…I know the difference now.”

The day only got better after that, if it was possible. She sipped her coffee and juice while she opened the presents on the counter, some funny, some sweet: a lovely photo in a silver frame of them kissing just after they had been pronounced husband and wife, sent by Chris and Mary; a whole set of cookbooks from Urs with the dessert sections bookmarked; a certificate for driving lessons from Inga and Nikolai with a qualified instructor in Willisau; a cartoon book about expecting a baby from Urs, with drawings and captions that had them all laughing. She teased him about being so sure that they had conceived and he said he would have just saved the present for next month if they hadn’t. There were even cards from the Divos and their ladies and surprisingly a small package from Simon with a card that said he had saved it for her. She opened the package and recognized the ruby and diamond pendant her mother had worn often.

It was an emotional time for Maggie but she handled it well with the help of this loving family that was now so much a part of her life.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 48 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:53 pm

Franz called while they were finishing breakfast, whooped with happiness when he heard their news and warned them that he and Shannon would be out later in the day, without the twins this time since Papa couldn’t do his usual roughhousing with the boys and they were too young to explain why.

Inga wouldn’t let Maggie help with any housework today, claiming that the birthday girl had to be treated like a queen, her every wish must be met.

“Then this Queen would like to go for a walk with her King,” she said with a laugh and Urs performed a courtly bow as he said that her wish was his command.

They took a new direction this time, away from the area of the accident, taking Heinz with them and Urs throwing on the small back pack with cookies, the first aid kit and water bottles.

“We have some decisions to make now, Kleine Liebe. There is so much work to do on the house that it couldn’t possibly be done before winter. I think we should rent something in Willisau to stay in when we both can be here and as a place for you when I go on tour. You will want to be here to oversee what’s going on…I can’t picture you going back to London and not being underfoot when the work is being done…and for part of it you won’t be able to travel.”

She nodded and grinned at him.

“You know I will have to be here, you know me so well. And Urs, I would like our baby to be born here if we can arrange it. I would like him or her to be Swiss.”

He stopped walking and hugged her, resting his brow against hers.

“Thank you! I hoped but I wasn’t ready to ask. We should ask Mami to recommend a good Doctor when we return to the house. And a really important thing we need to talk about is CASPAR. I would be really upset if you even considered going out in the field now. The thought before, of you going out without me left me shaking, you’re so precious to me, but now….”

Maggie slipped her arm around his waist and hugged him hard enough to make him miss a step.

“I can do a lot from a computer station, Urs, you know that. No way will I risk our baby by going in the field, not even if the whole team was with me. There are too many things that could go wrong.”

They stopped for a few minutes, calling Heinz back to them and ordering him to sit and stay, when they noticed movement at the edge of the field.

A doe and her leggy fawn were slowly moving from the field back into the forest, the doe alert but not yet in a panic. Man or canine had never hunted her in this region, in fact during the depths of winter often left food for the wild animals at the edge of the forest when the snow became too deep to forage. Gradually they faded into the shadows of the trees and the hikers moved on.

“I wonder if all couples become like us, like Papa and Mami…thinking alike, agreeing on most things without a big argument?” Urs said though he doubted that it was true.

“What’s important is that WE do, that we can continue to talk things out and that if we can’t agree, then as head of our household we will do it your way. I do believe in the ‘obey’ part of the ceremony, Urs. Because I trust you.”

He laughed.

“Why do I get the feeling that it doesn’t mean we will never have any knock down, screaming and yelling differences of opinions? Remember I’ve seen your temper in action.”

“I didn’t promise not to make things interesting, just to give in when all else fails,” she said with a smirk.

Urs stopped her walking by picking her up in his arms and dropping his face to her tummy to talk to their child, making her laugh at his inane conversation.

“Gruezi…that’s your first Swiss German lesson, my son… I’m your father, and this wild woman is your mother. Be warned, she is sometimes irrational but I will be around to protect you.”

He let her feet down again and pulled a small package from his pocket to dangle it in front of her by the gaily colored ribbons.

“This has your name on it… if you ask me nicely I’ll give it to you.”

“What happened to the Queen for the Day rule?”

“Doesn’t apply to the King!!”

She smirked at him.

“Then the Queen might just be too tired to play with the King later.”

He pretended to look horrified and lowered the gift into her outstretched hands.

“You don’t play fair!”

She smirked at him again and tore the wrapping off the small package to reveal a black velvet jewel case. Inside was an Emerald and Diamond bracelet set in Platinum, the Kelly green stones cut in a long rectangle, mimicking her engagement band with small baguette diamonds in between each one. She spotted the inscription and her eyes welled with tears when she read the delicately etched words…
‘M…Sie anfertigen mich sehr glucklich…U’

Her face was wet with tears when she looked up at him and he brushed them away with his thumbs, gently cupping her face in his hands.

“You make me very happy, too, my beloved,” she whispered as he dried her face with butterfly kisses.

Carlos and Gerry were welcomed home to Madrid by a boisterous group of friends and relatives, expecting the usual partying and mildly surprised when both abstained from alcohol though they had just as good a time at the revelry as always.

They had become even closer during their few days at the cottage, spending hours talking about nothing and everything, taking leisurely walks about the countryside, sharing the cooking chores in the tiny kitchen and indulging in ‘practice’ often. When they were leaving Gerry claimed that if their diligence hadn’t paid off with a little bundle of joy it had still been worth the effort…she couldn’t remember ever having such a good time with this man she wanted as her life mate.

Very briefly they had discussed marriage, but decided that with the upcoming schedule of the World Tour, the big wedding that Gerry had her heart set on would be almost impossible to arrange.

They settled easily into the apartment that they had kept in central Madrid, slipping back into old familiar surroundings and habits. It was comforting, relaxing to slip out to the local market for supplies, to sit on the balcony, after dusting off the furnishings and watch the action on the street below, savouring the music of voices speaking and singing in their native tongue, feeling the heat of the lovely Spanish summer warming their skin.

They had been back in Madrid for a week, busily visiting friends and relatives, relishing this brief pause before returning to London and the hectic schedule again.

Gerry woke one morning with the telltale cramping that always precluded her erratic monthly cycle. She was in tears for a moment, disappointed once more but determined that it would not spoil this vacation time for her or for Carlos.

He cuddled her and soothed the tears he saw near the surface, promising that they would be successful and soon and she laughed at him.

“You can not order Nature to grant our wishes, my darling. Perhaps it is our destiny to share our love with a child that has been abandoned, who has no one to love him or her.”

Carlos could see that she was trying to be brave for his sake and had been told that stress was not a good thing when you were attempting to conceive.

“Perhaps we need a diversion for the moment. Let’s check out the estate agents and see just what is on offer for the Marbella region…..preferably close to your ‘James Bond’.”

Gerry laughed at him, and though he had been half joking, dragged him out to browse through the photos that the agents had of properties in the Marbella region.

“Just a coffee…come on Yvette, I know you like coffee…I see you with a Starbucks cup everyday when you arrive.”

She looked up at the handsome young man and was tempted.

Frank had been a classmate of hers for the past month, both taking the same course at George Brown College, as mature students, they had a bit of catching up to do before the fall semester started.

He was a nice enough man, only a year older than her she had learned, fresh out of the Canadian military and intent on a career in horticulture.
There was something about him that reminded her of Papa…perhaps the easy going attitude or the sharply defined features or his mane of slightly long dark brown hair. He had been born in Canada, lived all his life here except for a brief stint in Afghanistan with the ‘Peacekeeping’ troops. And for the past two weeks had been trying to get closer to this petite woman that intrigued him so much with her beauty and the lingering aura of sadness he sometimes saw.

“Alright, Frank…. I would like that.”

‘Where had that come from?...Was she crazy?... She was still married!!... but he was a nice man, a gentle man who loved plants just as she did…. She did want to get to know him better.’

“You didn’t mean to say that, did you?” he said with a laugh and picked up her heavy back pack from the floor, slinging it onto his shoulder the same as the one that was on his other side.

She grinned and reached out for it but he shook his head.

“It weighs nearly as much as you do. Let’s go …it’s too humid to be out in this for long. We need hot coffee and air conditioning.”

Yvette smiled and nearly trotted along beside him, trying to keep up with his long legged stride. ‘Another point in his favor…he was a gentleman…this might not be all that bad after all.’
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 49   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:55 pm

CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

“Urs when we get back to London it might be a good idea for us to have a meeting with the firm that handles my financial affairs. You really should know exactly where we stand when it comes to what we own and how the money is used. I do keep a pretty close eye on it and they need my signature for any major transactions…that should be changed so that you will need to sign as well.”

They had been changing for a trip out to the farm to meet with Yanni when she out of the blue brought the subject up.

“What made you think of this, Luv?” he asked as he tied his hiking boots.

She grinned as she wiggled into her jeans and zipped them.

“I was just thinking that the house is going to really dip into our capital and it’s unnecessary. One of the properties in L.A. has been vacant for nearly 2 years, just sitting there and costing money since I never visit and have to pay out for security to make sure no one breaks in and camps. I’ve had several queries, people wanting to buy it and lately haven’t paid much attention to business. If we sold it that would more than cover the cost of our dream home…and we’d still have the condo in Bel Air if we ever go to California.”

He stared at her, stunned for a moment.

“Just how rich are you?”

She laughed. “WE, Herr Buhler, don’t forget we share. See that’s what I mean. Neither of us has given a thought for months to what we have. I know it’s not important to you either but with wealth comes responsibility and we’ve been pretty lax lately.”

He laughed and finished with his boots.

“Just when I think there are no more surprises, you let another bomb drop….alright, we’ll have a chat with the money men and sort it out.”

They headed for the door and as she went out into the hall, Maggie grinned and mouthed one word, just loud enough for him to catch.

“Filthy!”

“Excuse me?”

“You asked how rich we are…Filthy rich with love and happiness…and we have a lot of money too!” She giggled and ran off down the stairs, followed closely by her laughing husband.

It had been a fruitful busy day and they were happy to be back at the family homestead. Nikolai and Inga were on the veranda enjoying an afternoon snack when they returned and the young couple flopped into one of the wooden lounge chairs to relate what had transpired at the farm, weary but jazzed by the plans that were coming into reality so quickly.

“Yanni wants to start work in about 2 weeks,” Urs said as he sat with Maggie on his lap, absently stroking his large hand along her bare arm, his eyes bright and sparkling as he related the amazingly detailed plans they had been shown and how well Yanni was translating their wishes.

“We also saw a little house not far from here that would be perfect for a place to stay until the farm is ready. Urs talked to the owner and made an offer and he promised to get back to us in the morning. And we stopped to see the driving instructor and make arrangements for my lessons. He can take me out for the first lesson on Friday.”

She glanced at Urs and was surprised to see that he was intensely watching something across the roadway, his gaze fixed, his body tensing and the hand he had on her arm gripping firmly, knuckles white, actually starting to hurt.

“Urs?”

His eyes came back to hers and she shivered at the cold, wary look.

“Liebe, I want you to stand up and help Mami take Papa in the house, don’t rush, just act natural.”

Mami leaned forward and paled as she saw the look on her son’s face.

“Urs, what is…”

“Do as I say…NOW!!” he snapped and lifted Maggie to her feet, rising and putting his body between hers and the roadway.

He waited until they had entered the house then stepped off the veranda to head in the direction of the workshop. When he was shielded by the trees, he cut off into the woods quickly and crossed the road further down, eating up the distance with a long legged jog, moving silently through the underbrush, crouched slightly to avoid being seen.

In the house Maggie helped Mami install Nikolai in one of the easy chairs in the Lounge, shaking her head in answer to the questions the older couple had.

“I don’t know….He saw something, some danger…we just have to trust him. You know Urs would never be rude like that unless there was a reason.”

“Is this something to do with that awful Laurenz? Urs told us about the trouble and now we understand what a dreadful life Yvette had with him. We’ve guessed that somehow Laurenz made Urs do things in fear of him hurting his sister and Urs told us some of what that organization you are both involved in does. All this time, we were so worried at the haunted look of our son sometimes, but he never said anything.”

Maggie took Inga’s hand in sympathy.

“Urs will tell you what he can, when he can. Just know that what he does for CASPAR now is good…he’s a good man, honorable and is doing what he can to make the world a better place. You can be proud of him. I am.”

She went to the window and peeked out, saw nothing out of the ordinary and returned to wait with the worried couple.

Urs had crossed the road and was slowly, carefully winding his way through the covering trees. He had pulled his cell phone out of his pocket and hit a programmed number on the call list, was connected instantly with Base and relayed his position and what little he knew of the watcher he had spotted across the road, the sun glinting off either a scope sight on a weapon or binoculars. He left the line open and was relieved moments later to hear Base inform him that local agents were on the way to his position. He disconnected, leaving the mobile on pulse and returning it to his pocket.

He went a little further, going slowly now, cold and alert, in stealth mode, checking out every clump of brush and grasses, every hiding spot, before moving closer to the spot where he had seen the flash of light off of glass. Still, even with all his care he almost missed the mound that was in fact a man, laying prone, a long rifle beside him, his elbows braced on the ground, his body hidden by a shaggy sniper suit that looked like a heap of dried grasses beside the bole of a scraggly pine. He was looking through binoculars, scanning the house and out buildings across the road, unaware that he too was being watched.

Urs assessed the situation. He was unarmed, nothing but his bare hands available to defend himself or to subdue the watcher. He was hesitant to use extreme force…this could merely be an over zealous fan or some misbegotten paparazzi, though he doubted that Il Divo’s fame had become such that the tabloids would be interested in them yet. In his gut he knew that this must be some plot of Laurenz’ and as such the situation was unpredictable. Was it an assassination attempt as payback for sending Yvette to safety or merely watching to see if she came home to their parents? And why the rifle? How much danger were they in…how long had this unseen man been watching their movements?

As if sensing that he was not alone, the man lowered the glasses and pushed his upper body off the ground, listening, half turning to scan the area around him.

While he still had the element of surprise on his side Urs lunged forward, landing on the man’s back and rolling both their bodies away from the rifle. His quarry was awkward and hard to hold, the bulky sniper suit making a firm hold impossible but Urs clamped his arms around the arms and chest of the man, twining his long legs around the hips of the other man, subconsciously thankful for the strength he had gained from his workouts.

His grip loosened momentarily when they slammed against the bole of a tree, driving the breath out of both of them and the watcher scrambled, trying to regain his feet, pawing at something low on his leg, likely a knife…Urs tackled him again, pinning his arms from the front this time and received a jarring head butt but he didn’t let go.

The watcher was shorter but bulkier, Urs could feel his muscular body through the shaggy layers of the suit. He tightened his grip, using his strong upper body and arms to crush the breath from the watcher, with his singer’s lungs not needing to breathe quite as often. The man turned an interesting shade of blue and his struggles eased. Not to be tricked, Urs spun him around and delivered a telling blow to the back of the padded knees, felt the satisfaction of the man slumping and lowered him to the ground, face down.

A quick pat revealed a lethal looking serrated edged knife in a hidden ankle scabbard and Urs drew it out, cut off a long strip of the suit and tied the twitching hands behind the man’s back, then rolled him over.

There was silence in the grove of trees for a moment as both men worked at calming their breathing. Urs recovered first and pulled the hood of the suit off the man’s head, mildly surprised to see a youngish, plain man with sandy colored hair staring back at him. The face seemed familiar and he sorted out his memory trying to place it. Maybe in town while shopping or in a restaurant. It was not the sort of face that would leave a lasting memory or stand out in a crowd.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 49 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:56 pm

“Who are you? Why are you watching my family?”

His answer was a stream of gasped curses that ceased when Urs placed a large hiking boot on the man’s throat and leaned onto it, just a bit.

Urs smiled, not a friendly sight and the young man paled as his predicament hit him squarely. He was alone, in it for the money and the promise of release from a blackmail threat, now at the mercy of this cold, hard man who appeared willing to do whatever was necessary to get some answers.

“I would advise you to answer me, and quickly. My patience is a bit thin when my family is in danger and there are many ways of convincing you to co-operate, most quite unpleasant.”

He gave another little push with his boot against the throat that forced a croak of pain from the abused throat and removed his foot to crouch beside the prone body, juggling the wicked looking knife from hand to hand.

“I was told to watch you….he arranged everything for me…the suit, the rifle, a hotel in town. I thought it was just to watch but yesterday when the rifle came there was a note. I couldn’t do it….I just signed on to watch and report and the woman I was watching for never showed up. He said I had to do it, as a warning but I couldn’t….”

His voice was rough, frightened, the Swiss German heavily accented, French likely being his native tongue. Urs switched effortlessly to French and continued.

“Who hired you?”

The young man blinked in surprise at the switch to French and words poured out of him.

“I don’t know…just a voice on the telephone and an envelope in my post box with money in it and photos…I was…indiscreet, sold some drugs to a man in Paris…needed the money since I was out of work… he said it would be an easy job, just watch and report, let him know if a tiny dark haired woman turned up, that if I did what he asked he wouldn’t turn me in…then yesterday I received another call… he said a messenger would leave a parcel under my car in the car park and I was to use it on the woman at the house…a warning to you.”

Urs glanced at the high powered rifle with the telescopic sight and his eyes darkened as the young man nodded.

“My wife? You were supposed to shoot my wife?”

The trembling young man quailed at the banked fury in Urs tense body and cold face. The knife was now still, gripped in fingers gone white knuckled, dangerously close to his exposed throat.

“No, not the young one…the older lady…but I couldn’t do it…no matter what happens to me I couldn’t do it. I came out today hoping that the woman he wanted would show up, intending to bury the gun and then try to disappear.”

Urs felt his heart lurch, thinking of Mami blithely sitting on the veranda with Papa, unaware that someone had been told to kill her or at the very least shoot her. In spite of the claim that he couldn’t do it, the urge was there to tear this reluctant assassin to shreds. He plunged the knife into the ground, burying it to the hilt in his rage, stood and thrust his hands deep in his jeans pockets, not trusting himself to keep his anger in check.

With no warning sounds suddenly 2 agents were with them, weapons drawn, assessing the situation quickly and nodding at Urs as they holstered their drawn Glocks.

“We checked…there is no-one else…Do you want some time with him?”

Urs glared at the young man, noticing that he was very close to tears and shook his head.

“He’s an amateur, knows nothing useful…. Base Suisse will want to try to find a location from his mobile and question him but I think he’s just another of Laurenz’ dupes, blackmailed into working. Let me know if you come up with anything ….I’m going home to relieve my family’s fears. Thanks for the speedy assistance, guys.”

They nodded, one of them spoke on a radio while the other yanked the young man to his feet and they followed Urs as he jogged across the pasture toward the road. Just as he reached it, an enclosed van pulled up and Urs nodded at the driver, crossed and jogged up the road to the house. Maggie met him on the veranda, earning a scowl for not staying inside but ignoring it as she checked out the few scrapes he had received while wrestling with the would be assassin and he briefly told her what had been planned.

He wrapped his arms about her, turned and watched the van leave with the 2 agents and their captive, shaking his head at the stupidity of the young man for putting himself in a position where he was so vulnerable.

He snuggled his tiny wife and took her inside to calm the fears of his parents, sighing when he realized that he would have to tell them more than he had wanted to about the situation with Laurenz.

They took it much better than he had expected, chastising him for not being honest before and when he suggested that they should perhaps leave the homestead for a vacation for a while, refusing to be chased out of their home.

“He will know that we are aware of his attempt to harm Maggie and try something else, expecting you to be ready for another attack.” Urs glanced at Maggie, saw her quickly look at him and realize that he didn’t intend to correct the impression they had that she was the target. She said nothing, agreeing that the older couple had enough to worry about without the knowledge as well that Inga had been the intended target.

The mood was subdued as they prepared and ate dinner, each lost in dark thoughts though they all tried to bolster the spirits of the others. They discussed the house and the little cottage that Maggie would move in to when she returned from London in a couple of weeks. Inga and Maggie planned shopping expeditions to choose kitchen wares and talked of the choice of obstetricians in the village. Just after dessert Urs mobile rang and he carried it out on to the veranda to answer, coming back in 5 minutes later with the news.

“He knew next to nothing, which is what we expected. Base traced the calls he received to Antwerp but there was no one at the address and the mobile was a throw-away….another dead end. Laurenz is being more elusive than I would ever have given him credit for.”

“So what do we do now, Urs?” Nikolai asked calmly.

“Just be careful…use the back veranda for sitting out. Aunt Freda’s boy Jan isn’t working at the moment…I’ll ask him to come and stay with you come for a while to help out around the place, at least while you recover. He’s a smart boy, big and strong and doesn’t panic easily. I’ll explain why I’m asking and I’m sure he will be happy to help out. Base will take care of security in the surrounding area so you can get on with your lives when we go back to London. It isn’t likely that he will try anything again but it can’t hurt to be careful.”

“And Yvette…is she really safe?” Inga asked and Urs smiled at her.

“Very few people know where she is and we should keep it that way. She’s very well protected and from all reports happy, taking classes to start a business and making friends. And I promise that as soon as he is caught we’ll all go visit her and Hans.”

It had been a busy, traumatic day and they all retired early, perhaps taking a bit extra care to lock up and make sure that Heinz was on duty in front of the door.

When they reached their room Urs sat on the edge of the bed with Maggie standing between his knees and rested his head on her breasts, finally relaxing after the stress of the day.

“I wanted to kill him, to rip him into very small pieces when he admitted that he was supposed to shoot Mami. And I couldn’t tell her, Liebe…thank you for keeping silent.”

“Of course you couldn’t and rightly so, Luv…it would have just upset her more and for no reason. But I have to admit that I’ve never spent such a long half hour as when you ordered us inside and disappeared. I knew it was something to do with Laurenz and that you were unarmed and it took every bit of strength I had to remember that I promised to obey and that this was a time when I needed to listen to you. I only remember breathing again when I saw you jogging across the field to come home.”

“So you aren’t angry with me for bossing you around?” He looked up into her eyes and grinned when he saw the smile she gave him.

“Of course not…just don’t make a habit of it.”

She dropped a kiss on his upturned face and started to move away but found herself trapped by two strong arms that pressed her closer.

“Being the Lord and Master is very…stimulating. I’ve a mind to continue and see just how obedient you are.”

He ran his hands up under her shirt, back and front, kneading her flesh gently, his eyes dark and half closed as he slowly licked his lips and Maggie melted against him, anticipating what was to come.

“Do what you will with me, M’Lord…I am yours!!” she teased before losing her mind in a sea of sensation that carried them both away.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 50 Part 1   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:57 pm

CHAPTER FIFTY

David watched Petra and Paul while the vendor prepared the three cones, the picture of a man totally content with his small portion of the world.

She was bent slightly over the push chair, her hair a gold curtain that swayed with her movements as she laughed at the squirming little boy, dressed casually, as he was, in a denim skirt and soft, pale blue cotton shirt, her small feet in open-toed sandals, the pink painted toenails a bit dusty from all the walking they had done here at the Zoo.

It had been a good day…no calls to come in to work, the sky clear, the air warm, the assortment of animals they had viewed seeming eager for company, willing to thrill a little boy with his first trip to see them and to reward this new father for his pleasure at sharing one of life’s joys with his family.

He smiled as he realized that was exactly what they were…a family, something he hadn’t even been aware was missing in his life until now when it was delivered to him in such an enjoyable fashion.

He collected the cones and carefully strode back to Pet and Paul, grinning as he saw the way Paul bounced in his seat, his tiny hands up and reaching for the treat. Pet had swathed the front of the little tee shirt with paper toweling from the over sized bag she carried, a bag that produced everything needed for taking a small boy on an outing. She always seemed to be one step ahead of the mess that little…or big…boys could make while away from the needed tidying that could be more easily provided by a sink and warm water.

He handed Paul the small cone, the ice cream firmly packed deep into the recesses of the wafer container, passed the double scoop to Pet and started on the gigantic triple scoop himself, carefully licking the few drips from around the cone before starting on the chocolate goodness.

“Are we walking or sitting?” Petra asked and he waved his free hand toward some handy nearby benches.

“Multi tasking is too much for me today…I’m too busy being happy,” he laughed in his big booming voice and a few passers by turned to smile at the infectious sound.

They ate their cones in companionable silence, the licking and biting continuous, broken only by a feeble attempt by Pet to contain some of the smudges and drips on the happy little boy. Once she laughed and wiped a sticky mess off of David’s chin, receiving the reward of a quick, sticky kiss before she went back to finishing her own, neat and tidy as always, only a light stickiness on her rosy lips evidence that she had indulged.

A package of handy wipes appeared out of the depths of her handbag to wipe off hands and face of the child and she passed the package to David as he finished his.

“Marry me, Pet,” he said as he gathered up the used wipes and tossed them expertly in to a nearby bin. He paled as the words left his mouth, not sure where the they had come from, apprehensive that he was rushing her and would change their idyllic relationship with his haste.

“When?” she answered with a grin, meeting his eyes with a look of love that left no room for doubt.

“Uh…next week? Unless you want a big affair, then I guess we could wait….what do you mean, When? No arguments?”

She stretched out her hand to caress his cheek and he turned his face to kiss her fingers.

“There’s nothing to argue about, Davey. I love you…I want to always be with you….you ARE Paul’s father in everything but name and he needs a brother or sister. The thought of not being by your side fills me with tears…. so Yes, I long to be married to you…When?”

David shouted with joy and swept her up into his arms, dancing around the push chair and Paul who didn’t know what was going on but chortled happily to see his favorite people playing such a fun game, clapping his little hands and laughing as they circled him.

It was a beaming trio that left the Zoo grounds shortly after, the adults snuggled close together as David steered the push chair with one hand and Pet walked with him, her arm around his waist, everyone who saw them smiling at the happiness they exuded.

Urs first conscious thought was a pleasant one when he began slowly rousing from sleep. He could feel Maggie’s gentle breath on his chest and the rise and fall of her body as she breathed, the soft cushions of her bosom pressed against him, her hair fanned out and tickling his stomach and one small hand gently laying on his bicep. She was sprawled half on top of him, one leg bent and captured between his as they lay corner to corner in the big bed, the linens a twisted mess, pillows gone, likely on the floor.

He smiled as he remembered the past night, mildly surprised that he had woken so early since it had been the wee hours of the morning before sleep overtook them. Gently he ran his hand down her back, not wanting to wake her but unable to resist the silky skin, the interplay of muscles just underneath, the texture that changed as he cupped her bottom, the way her hand tightened on his arm and her breathing changed as she responded to his touch.

Her hand strayed and she giggled when she found that he would need very little encouragement to continue what exhaustion had interrupted.

“More?” she murmured against his chest, the word more hope than question and he chuckled as he rolled them over and loomed over her, feasting his eyes on her smiling face.

“Always,” he whispered and softly kissed her fully awake, tasting the rosy cheeks, tangling his fingers in her hair, licking the marks he had left on her neck and chest in his zeal. He surged upright and stood to pick her up and stride into the Lav, her strong arms holding him around the neck as he adjusted the shower and stepped inside to let the warm water make trails on their skin. As if sleep had only been a brief intermission they continued to love one another.

Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Chapter 50 Part 2   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:59 pm

They had a week left before it would be necessary to return to London and the time flew by.

The deal for the little house was sealed and they could move in to the fully furnished place in mid September. An appointment was made with a Doctor Mandel for the day before they would leave for London, Urs negotiated the purchase of a nice little Peugot for Maggie to use once she had her license, Jan came by and agreed to stay on the homestead, the 19 year old happy to spend the rest of his summer holidays away from the gaggle of sisters in his own home.

He was a big sturdy boy, quiet and soft spoken but intelligent and not in the least cowed by the danger that Urs explained fully. He promised to not only be helpful around the place but to be vigilant. He was, he informed them, family and no one would get near his favorite Tante and Onkle while he was on watch. It was obvious that he developed an almost instant crush on Maggie, blushing scarlet every time she patted his arm or smiled at him. Urs smiled, thinking that it would also be safer for his little wife when he was away with Jan so eager to keep an eye on her.

Work on the house started and daily they went out to watch what was being done. Two of the outbuildings had been demolished, considered beyond saving and almost as if magically, others appeared in their place, blending into the landscape as if they had been there forever.

They were overjoyed. If this was the quality of work they could expect from the crew then the end result would more than match their expectations.

One day they hiked to the stream and falls and found that a team had cleared some of the debris, leaving enough for habitats for the wildlife and pond denizens but widening the pool at the bottom of the falls, leaving the natural debris in haphazard piles about the fringes for more habitats and carting away the man made detritus, the whole effect one of natural harmony with the land. There were tracks that Urs informed Maggie were from Otters, possibly inspecting the area, hopefully planning on establishing a new colony.

Franz and Urs went for a final load of wood for the homestead, refusing to allow Nikolai to accompany them. He was healing rapidly but still in no shape to be doing such a long hike and they knew it would be impossible to keep him from working if he went out too. He did supervise the splitting and stacking when they returned, and they indulged him, keeping silent and grinning at each other as he commented on their skills, ending his ‘suggestions’ finally by upending a bucket of cold spring water over his head that had him laughing as he made his way back to the safety of the house.

Their final day came at last and Urs and Maggie went in to town to meet the doctor who would be entrusted with her care during gestation and the delivery of their first child.

He was an older man, tall, thin and wiry with a shock of silver hair that he wore combed straight back off his high forehead and sparkling ice blue eyes that smiled all the time. The test results that he had requested and Maggie had undergone earlier in the week, were back and he went over them, pleased that she was in such good health. He could foresee no problems, set the date to expect the new Buhler to arrive as April 9th but warned them that babies had their own timetable so they must be patient and observant. He also confirmed Maggie’s guess at the conception date as being during their camping trip/honeymoon.

“Are you planning on participating in the delivery, Herr Buhler?” he asked Urs and was pleased to receive a smile and positive reply.

“Then I would suggest birthing classes for both of you. I understand that you will be doing a fair amount of traveling during the final months and I advise that Frau Buhler not accompany you during the 3rd trimester. You should have an alternate coach prepared in case Baby Buhler decides to arrive when you can not be present. There will be a period of 6 weeks abstinence after the birth but until then perhaps these will help you to continue a normal intimate routine, especially during the months when bodily changes make usual positions difficult.”

He handed Urs a printed leaflet with several pages of illustrations that made Maggie turn scarlet when she glanced at them.

Urs took her hand in his and to his credit, tried not to grin, hid it behind a discreet cough and thanked the doctor.

The doctor smiled gently and rose from behind his desk.

“I would like to see you every 6 weeks for the next few months unless there is a question or a problem. My nurse will give you a private number so that you may contact me at any time, and a diet sheet with recommendations for vitamin supplements etc. On a more personal level, my wife will have my head if I return home this evening without an autograph and I am personally honored that you have chosen me for the care of your first child.”

He shook their hands and, after arranging with the nurse for the next appointment they left, browsing through the diet sheet as they returned to the car, Maggie studiously refusing to look at the leaflet that had embarrassed her.

Urs laughed as he flicked through the leaflet and commented.

“It’s safe to look, Liebe. There’s nothing on here that we aren’t very familiar with already.”

She swatted his arm and he laughed again, ducking as she swung at him, then capturing her little fist in his big hand and kissing the knuckles.

“Baby, we’re pregnant…I’m sure Dr. Mandel knows what we did to get this way.”

She frowned at him.

“I prefer to think that everyone will consider it an Immaculate Conception.”

He swung her into his arms and grinned at her.

“I doubt it. Anyone who looks at us can see how much we love each other.”

They wandered down the street, arms about waists and Maggie pulled him to a stop.

“Urs…”

“Ja…I think we should, to celebrate.”

Once more he had intuited her desire, this time to cross the road and enter a shop that sold baby clothing and furnishings. They browsed through the tiny handmade sweaters and bonnets, fingering the delicate clothing, awed at the size. They settled on a set in white, bunting bag, sweater and tiny bootees, a cap the size of an orange with frills of lace and ribbons and a lovely lacy shawl. It was totally impractical since the baby would grow out of it within weeks but as a symbol of the love they already felt for this new life, it was perfect.

The saleslady placed it carefully in a tissue lined box and wrapped it with a fluffy white bow and ribbon, congratulating the happy couple as they went on their way.

They stopped at the pharmacy on the way home to pick up the recommended vitamins, Urs setting the pace this time, determined to see that Maggie did everything she was supposed to, to ensure her health and the baby’s.

“Are you always going to be so strict with me?” she asked with a laugh.

“Absolutely. You and our baby are the most important things in my life and I only want what is best for both of you.”

They were in the car heading back to the homestead and she inched closer, was rewarded by one arm coming around to hug her closer.

“I love you, Urs Buhler,” she said and nestled her head against his chest.

He checked the sparse traffic and risked a quick kiss to the top of her head.

“And I love you, my Maggie….you have made me a very happy man.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: * I'll Take Care Of You *   * I'll Take Care Of You * - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

* I'll Take Care Of You *
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info :: IL DIVO FAN FICS :: Lothiriel72 (Ree)-
Jump to: