Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
New World Tour Dates W/ Steven LaBrie Guest Singer
Latin Countries around the World till Oct 2022
The Guys Are On A Month Break. They Start Back On June 25, 2022 In Valencia, Spain
Saturday December 3rd UK Christmas Concerts Began. Ending December 16th In London, UK.
New USA Dates in AUG_SEPT, 2022 Look for Updates

In The Arms Of My Angel

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat
Humor : I found it and as always the joke is on me!!

In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:29 am

Poor Urs getting his first ticket.. Not fun!!

Franky can do it she just needed a little Swiss Courage...

Franky Teasing Urs nothing new there, they always seem so in tune with each other..

More More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake
Humor : Dirty!!!

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:31 am

Chapter 64 - Shocking Discovery
He stood at the arrivals area of Charles De Gaulle airport, waiting to see Franky heading towards him, desperate to have her in his arms again. The past two days had dragged by so slowly despite the fact he'd filled every second of his free time entertaining the children. The nights had been longest he could ever recall, especially the first when she'd been asked to return to England just a few hours after their arrival in Paris. He huffed, knowing that Il Divo had agreed to perform tonight for charity.
His brow furrowed trying to imagine what had been found in the garden of William and June Strawson's old home, the house that now belonged to Franky, then he sighed, recalling that Trista had apologised for her behaviour and everything she'd said about Franky when they'd gone to pick up the title deeds to the property, unable to bear the thought of being fired from her job because it was the only thing that gave her a measure of relief, though she didn't say from what. He'd accepted and watched her go back to work with a smile on her face rather than the apprehensive expression he'd seen on their arrival.
The house was now rented to an old school friend of Franky's who'd been in need of a three bedroomed property following the unexpected arrival of an unplanned third child. He laughed then shook his head wondering how Carla could not have known she was pregnant.
"Then again there were no signs she was the last time we saw her, two weeks before Harry surprised her."
He laughed then recalled the stunned look he and Franky had seen on Stephen's face when they'd spotted him in town and how he'd struggled to explain that he'd just become a father for the third time. At first Franky had thought he'd got another woman pregnant and her face had become angry. Stephen had spotted it straight away and had stuttered and stammered his way through explaining that wasn't the case. Carla had exhibited no symptoms whatsoever, no morning sickness, no swollen ankles and definitely no huge bump like she'd had over their other children and he'd thought she was dying when she'd gone it to labour. The arrival of seven and a half pound Harry had been a shock to all those that knew them.
Hearing jovial chatter approaching, he looked towards the opening and smiled when he saw Franky approaching slowly and looking sad. He thought for a moment, trying to remember if he'd said or done anything that would upset her but quickly came up with nothing.
"Hi." She sighed once she'd reached him and his arms were around her waist.
"Are you all right angel? Has someone upset you on the flight?"
"No. I had a really good flight. I've just had a rough couple of days, that's all. Been put through the wringer by the police."
"Over what?" Urs asked, touching her face when he saw how tired she looked.
"Not here. In the car."
Urs nodded, took hold of her carry-on and held her around the waist as they headed out of the airport. He watched her take a seat then sat beside her and took hold of her hand once she'd ran both of them down her face. The group's driver pulled away and Franky took a deep breath before she spoke.
"You remember Stephen asked if he could knock that huge, ugly, old flower box down?"
"Ja. You planned on doing it anyway."
"Yeah, well we would both have got one hell of a shock if I'd let you have at it with a sledge-hammer."
"How so?"
"He found a.........a body."
"WAS?! Whose?"
"No idea for certain." Franky shook her head. "All I know is that it's a child's body, aged about three and I've had to give blood for a DNA comparison."
"Why? Do they think you're related in some way?"
"Considering who lived there and what happened between the two families, it's a logical leap I suppose. A big leap, but still logical."
"Do they have any idea how long it's been there?"
"Looking at what it was wrapped in they're saying about thirty years."
"So I guess they've been asking you all sorts of questions. Implying that your father and June's relationship carried on after your parents's marriage. That sort of thing."
"Yes they did and I came very close to losing my temper. The detective investigating the case didn't believe I knew nothing about Jamie being my half-sister until just before I turned eleven, implied that my father was some sort of lothario, the get a woman pregnant and leave them type and that he'd only married my mother because of her family's wealth. DC Rice looked like he was ready to punch her when he stopped the interview and dragged her out. I don't know what he said to her, but when he came back in, he took charge and I had to go through it all again, from the beginning."
"Have they talked to Anthony?"
"Yeah. Taken his blood as well. I don't think they'll find anything though. I think it was already there when William and June moved in. Dad didn't buy the place until Jamie was almost three, the maths just doesn't add up. I think it's the child of the previous owner. Old Mrs Cox remembered seeing a little girl in the front garden a few times in the six months they were there. She's told the police she got up one morning surprised to see they'd left overnight."
"Do they know how the child died?" Urs asked, shaking his head in disbelief and shock.
"No. All Stephen saw was the top of the skull. They dug it out, still wrapped in the bedsheet."
"How's Carla taken the news?"
"Not good. She's thinking about moving out and I don't blame her. God knows I'm having a hard enough time trying to decide what I'm going to do with the place. Local press were snooping around so I don't know if I'm going to be able to rent it out again. And if I sell it, full disclosure's going to have to be made. I can't see anyone wanting to buy it."
"When will you find out the results?"
"Later today." Franky sighed then sat back in her seat and looked out of the window. "Anything been said about me leaving?"
"Nein. It was quite an early flight, I didn't see anyone around."
"Yeah. Sorry, I didn't really have time to call you. They had me all over the place."
"I would imagine they did. How long did they question you for?"
"I lost track after three hours, the same questions over and over and over again while DC Mullins was in charge. By the time I left the station I was falling asleep. Sissy drove me home and I just crashed out. I think I should demolish the house, turn the land into a playground perhaps. There's not much of one up there. In memory of Sarah Cullen if that who the body proves to be."
"Better than leaving the house standing to become some ghoulish memorial I suppose." Urs nodded in agreement. "I can't even understand how anyone could have done such a thing."
"Me neither. I just hope she didn't suffer. Doubt it though, Mrs Cox said the Cullens's were always arguing and fighting." Franky sniffed then knocked a tear off her cheek.
The remainder of the journey was spent in silence, each of them drifting off into the own thoughts and ideas as to what could have happened. They didn't really say much until they were up in their suite. There Franky distracted herself by listening to Frank tell her what they'd been up to. Urs smiling, watching his son's eyes widen while Frank told his mother how scared he'd been to walk on stage and see so many seats waiting to be filled.
Knowing that he had to join the others for a soundcheck before the charity performance, Urs kissed Franky and the children before he left to meet them. He told David, Carlos and Sebastien what had been found at Jamie's former family home and heard them all curse in their native tongues.
He returned to the hotel to find Franky on the phone, saying very little but listening intently to whatever was being said. He watched her hang up then slid his arms around her waist, feeling her blow out a long breath as he turned her round to face him.
"The police?" He questioned.
"Yeah. The DNA doesn't match mine, it's not even close and it's revealed that the body is a girl. They've tracked down the Cullens, both are dead, but there's a son still around. They're testing him as I speak."
"What about the autopsy? Did they say how she died?"
"No specifics, just said she was murdered."
"Gott!" Urs shook his head then pulled a now crying Franky into his arms and rocked her gently, until the phone rang again.
This time it was Franky's tenant calling to say that his wife had changed her mind, the family would be returning to the house once the police had finished and asking for her permission to plant a tree in memory of the child they'd found, which Franky gave without hesistation.
"You don't have to go with me tonight you know? You could stay here, catch up on your sleep."
"No Urs. I'm going. I'm not going to have you have to deal with another rumour that we've split. Three is more than enough. I'll be ready within the hour."
Urs nodded, watched her head for the bedroom knowing that she would emerge in a silver evening gown for the event. He remained in the lounge, watching television until Franky shouted that the shower was free. He emerged to find Franky dressed and almost ready to go, just her feet needed to be slipped into a pair of silver evening sandals.
"What do you think?" She asked, standing and twirling around slowly to let him admire every detail of the floor length dress she'd chosen to wear.
"You look amazing as ever." Urs replied, placing a gentle kiss on her lips. "You could wear your overall, you'd still look a million dollars in my eyes."
"Oh I remember that look." Franky smiled as she adjusted his tie.
Together, they left their suite hand-in-hand and had a wonderful time at the event organised to raise money for victims of a recent earthquake. Franky sitting at a table close to the stage with Emma, Lauren and Barbara-Jean while the group performed two songs, Urs noticing how many people were admiring her. Not once did she let the events of the previous few days affect her, at least not until they were back at the hotel and holding each other tight, where she cried herself to sleep over the loss of the little girl she'd never even known.
One week later, Urs opened a minor celebrity magazine and smiled when he saw a picture of the two of them arriving and reading the fashion critic's comment.
"I have seen Franky at several events with Urs over the years. This dress is my personal favourite to date, though I have adored everything I've ever seen her in. She certainly never lets her man down in this department and I hope Mr Buhler knows what a lucky man he is."
"I certainly do." Urs nodded, closing the magazine just as Franky came out of the ensuite wearing nothing but a new overall, open to the navel, making him grin like a Cheshire Cat.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:40 am

Well this info came out of the blue.. I would have never guessed this part..

Love the sexual excitement these two have..

Who is the child that died??

More JJ

Have you looked at the views on here??

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 4:01 am

Chapter 65 - Wunderbar Venice
Urs woke to find himself lying on his stomach, the space beside him empty. He pushed himself up on his arms, looked in the floor to ceiling mirror hanging behind head end of the bed and grinned wickedly.
"Don't you get any ideas Urs Buhler." He heard Franky's laughing voice instructing from a few feet away.
"Spoilsport." He huffed playfully, turned onto his side and threw back the sheet. "Come back to bed."
"No present first?"
"I've got your present right here."
Franky laughed, stood from the comfortable chair where she'd placed herself after being woken by Urs's snoring and slipped her robe to the floor before she got back into bed. Instantly feeling his hands slip around her waist and pull her close, knowing that he wanted her again despite the fact they'd made love twice the night before. His mouth working it's usual magic against hers, sending shudders through her whole body as he ran his tongue around her lips before she allowed him entry. Long, slow moans escaping from each of them while they kissed each other hard, their hands moving slowly over each other's bodies, going nowhere near their sexes, simply skimming so teasingly close.
The two of them moving so that they lay sideways on to the mirror, which meant they would both be able to see what the other was doing again. Franky looking at the glass while Urs kissed every inch of her body, seeing a glow spread across her skin as he moved lower and lower. Watching her back arch when he reached her toes and took each one into his mouth to give it a gentle nip and suck, his free hand carressing her outer thighs. His eyes darkening as he touched the mound of her womanhood, to run the his palm over the smooth skin then slide a finger between to do nothing more than rest there for a few seconds.
Lowering the leg he held back to the bed, pushing it away from the other and burying his face against her opening. Teasingly dragging his tounge through her folds while two fingers worked at the same pace deep inside her. Soft sighs escaping from the back of her throat as he pushed her close to the precipice, holding her there while his mouth moved upwards to claim a nipple. The light nip he gave it making Franky feel that her breast and vagina were connected by some invisible cord as her body twitched and arched again.
"Urs please." She gasped, knowing that she didn't have to say anything else.
"I know." Urs whispered in her ear, nibbling lightly on its lobe, his fingers still occupied between her legs. "Touch me first." He pleaded and allowed a quick groan to escape as soon as he felt her hand stroking him, making him even harder within seconds.
The two of them pulling back from a deep kiss. Franky turning onto her stomach then lifting herself to her hands and knees. Urs placing himself behind her, the head of his penis just touching her opening making her shudder. Pushing himself all the way in slowly and feeling her clench tight around him, the two of them watching each other's facial expressions in the mirror as he did so. Franky's mouth forming a pursed 'O' the same sound escaping from her, her eyes narrowed slightly. Urs's mouth looking like he was gasping for breath, a deep gasp being heard, his eyes wide.
Their eyes remaining focused on the mirror, while Urs's hands moved over Franky's body. His eyes widening slightly when she reached a hand between her legs to play with herself, touching him with every stroke she made. Small electric shocks coursing through his body each time she did so, making him pick up the pace. His hands moving to hold her hips, both of them rocking back and forth in perfect time with each other. Urs hearing Franky scream as she came, tightening hard around him. Himself, gripping her hips so tight he could feel his fingernails digging into the flesh as he rammed into her one last time and exploded. Powerful shudders running the entire length of his body and hers as they moaned each other's name.
Both of them collapsing still trembling onto the bed, Franky on her stomach, Urs lying on top still inside her, kissing her shoulders before he moved down to sooth the small wounds he'd inflicted.
"Changed your mind?" Urs queried breathlessly with a nod towards the mirror once they were lying in their usual positions though still sideways on.
"I'll think about it." Franky returned with her usual flirty smile. "What do you have planned for us today?"
"I have a table booked at the Hostoria Ai Coristi restaurant."
"Not a ride on the gondola?" Franky gasped, her hands flying to her mouth.
"Ja. No seranade though." Urs laughed.
"Awww!" Franky pouted then smiled. "I've got you for that."
"Ja, you have. I don't know, three times you've been to Venice and you've never taken a gondola ride. What is it with you and missing out on the most romantic things when you visit a city?"
"Well the first time it would hardly have been romantic would it, considering I was fourteen and on holiday with my Grandparents, the second I was with Lauren. The third time, I could have but Jeff suffered from motion-sickness. So there." Franky wrinkled her nose then dropped a quick kiss on his lips just as the phone started to ring.
"You answer. I'll go and make breakfast."
Franky nodded, adjusted her position on the bed and watched Urs head for the kitchen after slipping a robe on before she answered.
"Hello Mami. Happy birthday." Frank's excited yell came down the line.
"Hello sweetheart. Thank you very much."
"Have you opened your present yet?"
"No. Papi hasn't given it me yet"
"Awwwwww!"
"I know. Why don't you tell me what you've been up to."
"Oh we all wented to the Glassier Gardens yestday. Seri and Kurt was so funny when we wented into the hall of mirrors. I fink they fought they 'flections was other babies. And you know what?"
"What?" Franky laughed as Urs came bag into the room and handed her small gift bag from the children.
"We seed Unca Kurt there. He lifted Aunt Mara into his arms and threatened to throw her in the big hole in the ground. I don't know why, but she liked it."
"Oh I see. Papi's given me my present now. I'm just going to put you on loudspeaker so I can listen while I open it. Okay?"
"Okay." Frank replied cheerfully. "Grandmami and Grandpapi is taking us on the paddlesteamer again later. I hope Sakia don't eat anything just before she goes on agen. It's not nice watching someone hurl their guts up."
Franky laughed and shook her head at the expression their little boy had used, knowing that he'd picked it up from David during the tour when Lauren had suffered a short-lived stomach bug causing her to miss the second and third dates of the Denver concert.
"Opened it yet?"
"Yes I have. And it's beautiful." Franky sniffed and held up a fourteen carat gold charm bracelet.
"I pickered the Harley charm." Frank announced enthusiastically while Franky pictured his beaming smile. "And Papi picked the booty one for Kurt and the cherub one for Seri, 'cos that's what you call her."
"That's right." Franky smiled, admiring each charm as he talked and figuring out that the horse's head charm had been chosen by Sylvie.
"Got to go now Mami. Loves you."
"Love you too sweetheart. Be a good a boy." Franky sniffed on hearing Franky blow his usual kiss down the phone before he hung up.
"Hey. You're not supposed to cry on your birthday." Urs smiled as he came back into the bedroom with a tray in his hands.
"I know and I know I need a break from them once in while. I just miss them when not one of them is around."
"Funny that." Urs shook his head as he moved back around the bed and sat beside her. "I used enjoy those long periods of silence, now, when the kids aren't around.....I don't know......they just seem to drag on forever."
"I know." Franky sighed then finally looked down to the tray he'd placed across her lap and saw the same breakfast they'd had the year before. "Hey. Only the good stuff." She sighed when she saw Urs close his eyes.
"Oh I am. Believe me I am." He nodded as he opened his eyes and looked down to his groin.
"Not had enough of me yet then?"
"Never have. Never will." Urs shook his head, reaching for one of the muffins and holding it against her lips for a second or two before he moved it away and took a large bite.
"You meany."
"Payback for what you did to me on my birthday. Not that I'm complaining."
"Oh you are bad and getting worse in your old age."
Urs nodded and grinned like a Cheshire Cat remembering that she'd rented a chocolate fountain for his birthday. All sorts of fruit had been prepared to go with it. They'd both had a lot of fun in the bedroom, drenching the fruit in liquid chocolate, getting a fair bit down their chests while they teased each other, spending time licking it off one another while making love on the floor of their hotel suite. Leaving Urs no time to take a shower before he had to leave for the soundcheck.
His face had been as red a beet by time he got back because he hadn't spotted the bit Franky had missed. Everyone else had seen the smile drop as soon as he stepped into the people carrier. David and Sebastien had teased him unmercifully while Carlos seemed to have known what they'd been up to though he refused to explain how. It had obviously invoked some sort of memory, if the smile he'd worn throughout the next couple of hours had been anything to go by. And boy had he made Franky pay after the concert, they'd made love three times that night, without waking anyone.
"Anyway." He coughed and fidgetted uncomfortably on seeing that Franky was busy licking her fingers clean. "Birthday first?"
"Okay." Franky smiled, took hold of the tube shaped gift he offered with a kiss and tore through the paper.
Her brow furrowed slightly when she revealed a silver tin. After removing the lid, she pulled out a fluffy brown teddy holding a small scroll which she unrolled and read.
'It must have been raining the day you were born, heaven was crying because it lost is most special angel.
Happy birthday my angel.
Love always
Urs.'
"It's so simple and so sweet." Franky sniffed, wiped her eyes and dropped another kiss on Urs lips then handed him his wedding anniversay gift from her.
"Oh great. No more scrabbling around in my drawer." Urs exclaimed after revealing a leather cufflink storage box that would hold up twenty-one pairs. "Thank you."
Just as he was about to give Franky her gift from him the phone rang again and she answered, this time to Sylvie.
"Joyeux anniversaire maman."
"Thank you sweetheart. Are you having a good time?"
"Oh ja. Aunt Merle has already taken me and Moritz on a ride through the mountains and forests of the Taunus and Westerwarld along the Rhine and Lahn. I think Moritz was glad when we stopped to eat in a medieval castle. He's walking very funny this morning and doing nothing but complain about how sore he is. Did you like your present?"
"It's beautiful. Thank you." Franky returned with a giggle, imagining how sore the inexperienced horse rider was.
"Okay. I've got to go now. We're leaving to visit the cloister of Armstein today and we're staying overnight at an old watermill in the Gelbachtal. Moritz is already grumbling. Ich liebe dich, mein engel Mutter."
"Love you too Sylvie." Franky sniffed again as she hung up.
Her eyes dried once more, she coughed took the gift from Urs and unwrapped it quickly.
"These aren't real are they?" She asked, holding a scalloped leather belt decorated with clear stones.
"No." Urs laughed and shook his head. "Not that you're not worth real diamonds, I just know how hard I would get my butt kicked for spending that amount of money on something like that when it's not necessary to prove my love for you that way."
"You've got that right. Thank you." Franky sighed after giving him a firm kiss. "I'll wear it tomorrow, when we go on that walking tour around Venice. I can't wait to see the Doges palace again."
"Personally I can't wait to take you to the opera." Urs smirked. "The opening night of a new production of 'La Boheme'. You in that sexy black dress and wearing the diamonds. Should be quite sight."
"Yes. But no making comparisons." Franky warned, seeing the glint in his eyes, knowing that he'd heard David sing a part in the same opera.
"Awwwww! Spoilsport." Urs pouted, watching Franky head towards the bathroom only to pause on the threshold.
"Am I really?" She asked with a teasing smile.
"Oooh! You got me going again." Urs growled, leaping from the bed, tossing the robe to the floor and following after her. "You are terrible." He grinned once the were in the shower and her legs were locked around his waist.
"And that's exactly how you like me."
"You've got that right." Urs growled again then proceeded to show Franky how much he did like her.
The thundering water not even coming close to covering their cries of passion.
Turn the page.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:02 am

Shower thud fan All of these sums up that chapter nicely.. Wow gonna have to reread that one a few more times..

MORE JJ

Laura blush
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 4:38 am

Chapter 66 - Time To Dazzle
He spent a few more moments admiring the car he'd hired to take them to La Fenice once the delivery man had handed him the key with an instruction to enjoy his evening. His mind musing how Franky would react when she saw the Cherry Red Ferrari. He giggled at the thought of being told off but reminded himself of what she'd said the previous year. This time was going to be so much different, in fact it already had been.
They'd mostly been left alone during their walking tour, no-one had approached for a photo opportunity or autograph. He'd only heard a few questioning tones once they were inside the Doges palace, not understanding what was being said until their guide had noticed him looking at the men concerned. The guide quickly informing that they were talking about Franky's hair, quering whether it was natural or a dyed, several exclaiming that it didn't matter either way, it was one of the most beautiful colours they'd ever seen.
"This year we are going to dazzle." He grinned, easing himself from the driver's seat, locking the door and heading back inside the villa just in time to hear Franky shouting from upstairs.
He made his way to the bottom and shuddered when he saw her standing at the top, wearing nothing but a black strapless bra, suspender belt, stockings and matching knickers that came to rest just below the small 'fire' tattoo on her right hip. He smiled and touched his left hip, knowing what a good job the tattooist had done of making both the fire and ice look so real.
"Uh-hum! Earth to Urs."
"Sorry. Just admiring the view and trying to control myself..........again."
"Yes, well Frank wants to say goodnight." Franky returned, smiling and shaking her head as well as the phone she held.
Taking the stairs two at a time, Urs ran up them and followed Franky back to the bedroom once he'd taken the handset from her.
"Sakia taking me tramptelening 'morrow Papi." He heard Frank informing excitedly. "She say I will needs lots of gogo, so that why she putting me to bed earlier dan normals. We's had a vere busy day."
"I know. Grandmami told me all about it earlier. I can't wait to see the pictures." Urs replied, watching Franky slip into the Armani dress he'd insisted on buying her, holding the phone between his shoulder and ear while he zipped it up for. "You be a good boy and go straight to sleep."
"I wills. Nightnight Papi. Lus you."
"Love you too. Gute nacht Frank."
Hearing the phone disconnect, Urs hung up and moved to sit on the end of the bed while Franky finished getting ready. Quickly putting her hair up into a romantic hairstyle and fastening the diamonds around her neck before she stood and slipped her feet into three inch black heeled peep-toed shoes.
"How do I look?" She asked after a final check of her appearance and she'd stood up to face him.
"Good enough to eat." Urs replied, running and admiring eye up and down her form. "I'd just like to change one little thing."
He stood when she looked at him questioningly and moved behind her where he adjusted the necklace so that the pendant hung a little nearer to her throat. He then turned her around to face him and smiled as he nodded.
"Hmmn. You're right, that looks much better." Franky nodded following a quick check in the mirror. "So. Are you going to tell me why you've been so excited all day?"
"Nope." Urs replied with a giggle, fiddling the key in his pocket. "Let's get going."
He led her downstairs, placed a black wrap across her shoulders before she stepped out of the door and stood trying not to laugh as her eyes flew wide and her mouth gaped when she saw the Ferrari.
"It's a rental, for tonight only." He informed, holding the passenger door open for her and watching her slide in.
He drove the ultra expensive sports car expertly to the theatre and tossed the keys to the valet once they were standing outside. He took hold of her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, feeling her shaking as camera flashes burst incessantly around them. His head snapped round when he heard several women gasp and saw a few pointing towards Franky's neck.
Once inside the theatre and with her wrap in the cloakroom, he held her hand once more and started to lead her up to the private box, the two of them being forced to stop when someone they didn't know grabbed hold of Urs's arm and spoke quickly in Italian.
"I'm sorry, I don't understand."
"He asked how much you would accept for the diamonds." A familiar voice came from behind them making Urs whip round to face Giorgio Armani.
"You can tell him they're not for sale at any price."
"Essi non sono per vendita...........a qualsiasi prezzo."
Urs watched the man's eyebrows rise and his eyes widen then listened to him become involved in heated discussion Giorgio, the designer becoming angrier the more he said.
"What did he say?" Urs asked, watching the man storm away towards a woman who looked much younger than he did.
"He wanted the diamonds for his daughter. Said they would look much better on her than on your.........than on Franky."
"Giorgio, I know you're lying about that last bit. Tell me what he said." Urs demanded.
"So he didn't mention Franky by name. What he said wasn't very nice. You really wish me to be repeating it in front of her?"
"We don't keep secrets. Tell me."
"Okay. He say they would look better on his daughter than on a whore like her." Giorgio translated, nodding his head towards a head shaking Franky.
Urs began to fume and thought about challenging the man until he felt Franky holding him back. He turned to face her and saw that she was watching the young woman with her brow furrowed.
"Isn't that Maria Zinicola?" She asked after a few seconds and saw Giorgio nod before she turned attention to Urs. "I'm not going to have you be the cause of her father's third heart attack no matter how insulting he's been, he's only just left hospital after the second one. Just look at him, he still looks a little unwell, though she doesn't seem to care."
Urs nodded then looked back to the man who'd insulted Franky. She was right, he didn't look very healthy. Despite the fact he carried himself bolt upright, he looked tired and pale, dark circles ringed in his eyes and there was a sheen of sweat on his brow. Maria definitely didn't seem to care, she simply stood by his side, sulking, mumbling and huffing.
"Sorry."
"It's all right." Franky shook her head. "Huh! Her father has the nerve to call me a whore. He should be looking a little closer to home don't you think Giorgio?"
"Certo, Franky."
"Huh? Out of the loop here." Urs shrugged enquiringly.
"You know I don't usually pay any attention to rumours, but the last one I read about her was that she was bedding three men at the same time. Her agent, her supposed boyfriend and his best friend. Certainly looked like she's more than friends with the other two men in the pictures I saw."
"Is all true I am thinking." Giorgio nodded then lowered his voice to a whisper. "Her suite is next to mine. I was hearing what she was up to last night, they did not leave much to the imaginings. An hour after her agent left, there were the same noises again though much louder and I know for a fact her boyfriend is Mario, no Sal or Lanz for that matter."
Urs nodded once, watched Giorgio kiss Franky's cheeks, stating that she looked stunning in the dress. He then shook Urs's hand before he walked away to return to those he'd arrived with. Together, Urs and Franky began to climb once again only to be stopped by an elderly man as they reached the door that gave access to their private box.
"Excuse me. May I?" He asked with a French accent, nodding towards the diamonds.
"That would depend on your reason." Urs replied.
"I have seen diamonds like these only once before, many years ago, around the neck of a Veronique Chaffee, my uncle designed such a piece for her, I still have the drawings and eyes that colour I have not seen in anyone who does not have Chaffee blood coursing through their veins."
"Veronique Chaffee, mon arrière grand-mère."
"Où ont-elles été toutes ces années?"
"Un endroit verrouillé. Au domaine Chaffee."
"Oh!" The man gasped and shook his head. "Vous avez rencontré Gustave? Je ne l'ai pas revu depuis qu'il était un jeune homme. Il va bien? At-il se marier un jour?"
"Oui." Franky nodded, smiling broadly. "Il a deux garçons. Les diamants, il me l'a donné sous les termes de Véronique sera."
"Then you must be Xavier's great-great grand-daughter. The likeness to Jacqueline is.......amazing."
"You knew her?"
"Oh oui. Oui, I knew that wonderful lady though I was no more than boy the last time I saw her. She modelled for my uncle. Everything he made, she made look stunning, no matter how small the piece." The man nodded. "However, as beautiful as the Chaffee diamonds are, they pale in comparison to the lady who currently wears them."
"Merci monsieur." Franky blushed, bid the man goodbye then stepped into the box and quickly settled herself.
Despite the fact she didn't understand much of what was being sung, Franky had tears in eyes by the end of the famous opera and allowed a few to fall as they stood to leave. Urs wiped them away, kissed her then led her back to the car and drove to the restaurant where he'd made reservations. Her birthday dinner consisted of the signature dish of breast of duckling in fruit sauce followed by her favourite Strawberry Tiramisu for dessert. They ate at a windowside seat, listening to the chimes of San Marco, gazing out over Piazza San Marco, touching each other lovingly.
As they left, Maria Zinicola entered with her father and glared harshly at Franky. A look she completely ignored, her attention as always, completely and utterly focused on Urs. Once back at the villa, they made love as slowly as they had the very first time, the first rays of the morning sun finding their way through the voiles as they settled down for some much needed sleep.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 7:39 am

Wow a wonderful Birthday/ Anniversary for them..

How rude of that man calling Franky such things..

I love they have the tatoos

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 4:37 am

Chapter 67 - Sometimes I Could.......ARGH!!!
"You are joking, right?" Urs questioned the man who'd brought them together, leaping from his seat and glaring at him in disbelief. "You do know what's happening that day?"
"Of course I know and no I am not joking. You're all booked to perform a few Christmas songs at the Winterparade at the Westergasfabriek."
"What about Franky's performance? I want and need to be there, like I promised I would be."
"We all do." Sebastien raised his voice and Urs's eyes widened when he saw the angry scowl he had on his face.
"Yeah we do. Can't you cancel it, Simon?" David huffed. "It's the last time I'm going to hear Lauren announcing as well. For a while maybe anyway."
"I know all that, but I'm not about to cancel second time. My answer is no, David."
"What you mean the second time?" Carlos queried, shaking his head in confusion.
"I sort of had to cancel the first time when you called to tell me you and Karen had set a wedding date. Luckilly I'd only said a tentative yes, but they still weren't happy when I called back with a firm no. Look, I'm not that stupid I don't know that you all want to be there for Franky's final performance." Simon sighed and shook his head. "It's only a fifteen minute set. That's why I've arranged for you to perform near the beginning of the show rather than at the end. A private jet will be on standby at Schipol and the people carriers at Heathrow. I know you'll be cutting it fine, but I'm sure you'll get to the arena on time."
The four Divos looked at each other then moved away from Simon's desk to discuss their options.
"I can't believe he's done this." Urs hissed quietly, shaking his head.
"Neither can I, but....." David began.
"But what?!!"
"Calm down, Urs. You know we want to be there as much as you do, especially me. But you know what Franky's always said. Whatever you have to do always comes before her performances. She'd kick our asses to the moon if we even thought about cancelling."
"I know that." Urs huffed, his temper cooling just a little. "But he knew the date the arena is to close months ago, he could have arranged for us to perform before or after that date."
"I know he could but let's think about this. The show is due to start at 8:00pm, Franky's not going to be on the ice for the first time until around 9:30 and the second time just before 11:00. I think this is doable..........just." David shrugged then looked at Sebastien and Carlos who reluctantly nodded in agreement.
"Argh! All right, all right." Urs nodded, huffing once again as the foursome returned to their previous positions and gave Simon their answer.
"Good." Simon nodded though he noticed Urs still didn't look too happy. "You got something else you want to say Urs."
"Ja. I have." He nodded sharply in reply. "I'm really not happy about this Simon. I will do it but if I'm not in that arena before the show even starts I will never forgive you. Are we clear?"
"We are. I'll see what I can do about having a helicopter on standby too, just in case. Will that appease you?"
"Ja, despite the fact I don't like flying in those things."
Simon laughed then asked Sebastien, Carlos and David to leave as he wanted to talk to Urs in private. He waited until they'd gone, then poured himself a glass of Brandy and offered Urs a beer, which he refused with a headshake.
"I know you're not happy about the Christmas event Urs and you're probably thinking I'm a heartless bastard right now, but I'm not as black as I'm painted."
"I know you're not." Urs sighed, retaking his seat and running his hands through his hair. "I apologise for shouting at you. I wasn't in the best of moods before I arrived and what you said just pushed me over the edge."
"Okay, I accept your apology. What's put you in such a bad mood?"
"That bloody police officer that dealt with the murder enquiry."
"The Sarah Cullen murder you mean?"
"Uh-huh." Urs nodded with his eyes closed.
Feeling sick to his stomach as he recalled Damien Cullen turning up at Franky's garage with a small bunch of flowers to thank her for all she'd done since his sister's remains had been found, tearfully telling her that he would re-pay her kindness and generousity one day. Himself and Franky listening to Damien give a brief history of his life, the abuse he could remember suffering at his parents's hands up to the age of six when he'd been taken from them, some of the round scars visible on his forearms. How he hadn't even known about Sarah because his parents had never mentioned her and he'd been born ten months after they'd done their moonlight flit. How hard he'd cried after being told that Sarah had died as the result of a severe beating. The autopsy also revealing that she'd been severely malnourished and had broken several other bones at some point, as well as the broken ribs that had more than likely punctured her lungs. The young man taking several moments to compose himself in order to tell them that a crushed skull had taken her life. How thankful he was that she'd been found and was now buried in beautiful spot in the cemetery and would have small marker thanks to Franky's generousity in paying for the funeral. Swearing that he would re-pay her for that before leaving, despite Franky telling him several times that it wasn't necessary given his poor financial status. Franky turning to face Urs with tears streaming down her face, immediately noticing how pale he'd gone and knowing exactly why. The two of them holding each other tight, more thankful than ever that they had custody of Sylvie, unable to bear thinking of what Sina could have done to her.
"You okay, Urs?" Simon's rarely heard concerned tone snapped Urs from his reverie
"Ja, fine." He shuddered then nodded in response.
"So.........What's been happening with the detective? She hasselling Franky or something?"
"Sort of, ja. She was in the local 'Starbucks' yesterday, I was standing right behind her. Heard everything she said to DC Rice."
"Which was?"
"That she was sure that the Cullens were connected to Franky's family somehow and she was determined to find out how."
"Despite the fact that all the evidence points to one or other of the parents killing the child and the DNA doesn't even come close to matching Franky, her father or the Strawsons?"
"Ja, I swear if I see that smirk one more time.....Well I......Argh!"
"Have you told Franky?"
"Of course I have. She's even noticed the woman following her around recently."
"Do you want me to ask the legal department if there's anything that can be done about her?"
"Nein, danke. Franky's already on that. Went to see her superior yesterday, made an official complaint. I just wish DC Mullins would leave Franky alone, she's under enough stress without her adding to it."
"Stressed about what?"
"Oh nothing much really. She's just getting frustrated because she can't land a triple Salko without crashing to her butt. Not yet anyway and she's thinking about taking it out of the routine." Urs laughed, positive Franky would hit the move perfectly over the next couple of weeks.
"Oh! I thought you were still pissed at me when you walked in."
"You mean about the youth centre?"
"Yep." Simon nodded then shook his head.
"Nein. I'll admit, I was furious with you when you told Franky and me what you intended to do, but once I saw Franky smiling and nodding, I let that go. It's not going well?" Urs asked, knowing that Simon had basically stolen Franky's idea to build something in memory of Sarah Cullen for the local children and families near Jamie's old family home, though no-one would ever know that he was funding the project because he'd sworn everyone involved with it to secrecy.
"No. Theplanswererejected."
"Why? They looked fine to me."
"That's as may be, Urs but you only paid attention to the recording studio design. That stupid architect I hired forgot to include disabled access and facilities."
"Well I did recommend you ask Lauren for her friend's number when you told us what you were planning. Didn't I?"
"Go on. Rub it in why don't you?" Simon laughed. "I've learned my lesson okay? He's come up with a much better design and those facilities are included."
"Good. I'd better go, let Franky know about Amsterdam."
Urs left the Syco building and quickly mounted his Harley, hoping that neither of the guys had called their wives to tell them about Amsterdam. He didn't want Franky to hear the news from anyone but himself and didn't want to do so over the phone. With it being quite late in the day, it took him a good hour to reach the road that would take him to the outskirts of town and another half to turn into the drive thanks to two drivers arguing about whose fault it was they'd crashed, both more concerned about their respective cars than what the paramedic was doing to the woman sitting in the passenger seat of one of them. As he' passed the scene, he' glanced in the direction of the wrecked vehicles and saw that the woman wasn't badly hurt, nothing more than minor bruises to her face caused by the airbag deploying.
He entered the house just in time to see Franky returning the phone to its cradle and immediately thought Lauren had called to tell her about Amsterdam.
"I'm sorry." He sighed, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her hard.
"Hmmmn......What for? I can't think of anything you should be apologising for?"
"Am........That wasn't Lauren.......was it?"
"No. That was DCI Morgan giving me an update on my complaint. I'm not the only one who's made an official complaint about DC Mullins, DC Rice and a couple of other officers have too. Seems she got a little too friendly with those three. DCI Morgan gave her choice, accept disciplinary proceedings for the second time or quit. She chose to quit."
"Oh great, now she'll have even more time to harrass you."
"Well that's where you're wrong Mr Smartypants Buhler. Apparently she hates the hectic pace of living here, she's going back where she came from in the hope her husband will take her back. At least that's what she screamed at DCI Morgan as she left the station."
"Oh! Right." Urs nodded, blowing out a long breath. "Can't say I'll miss her."
"So what did Simon want to see you about?"
Urs took a deep breath, let it out then told her everything about Il Divo having to perform in Amsterdam, when it had been arranged for and the lengths Simon was prepared to go to in order to get them to the ice arena for her final performance before it was demolished.
"And you got mad at him didn't you? Tried to get him to cancel?" Franky asked after spending a few minutes digesting his information.
"Ja, sorry. I should know better than that by now.........shouldn't I?"
"Yes, you should. Ready to take me to the rink or can I go on my own?"
"Not a chance woman." Urs smiled and shook his head. "Practice or performance, you should know by now I refuse to miss a second of seeing you out there on the ice, even if you do always refuse to go through whole routine when you practice."
"Well if I did, my performance wouldn't be such a surprise would it?"
"Fire!"
"Yes Ice!"
"Just shut up and get on the bike before I change my mind about where we're going to spend the next couple of hours."
Giggling, Franky nodded, retrieved her crash helmet and backpack and together she and Urs left the house and their children in Saskia's safe hands. Urs mounted the Harley first and shuddered as Franky climbed on behind him. When they arrived at the rink, Urs sat in the front row of the seating while Franky practised the part of the routine she hadn't been able to pull off perfectly so far. Six times she crashed to the ice in total, gritting her teeth, huffing and letting fly with a mild curse word as she regained her footing.
Before trying a seventh time, she skated around the rink three times then gave the triple Salko another attempt, this time landing perfectly and punching the air. Attempts eight through eleven were pulled off with much the same success, this time ending with the celebration she knew Urs loved to see, a long, absolutely perfect Beillman spin on her right leg.
Knowing that she was finished, Urs stood and took a step towards the hoarding, placing his arms over the side so that he could lift her over. However, instead of skating towards him as she usually did, Franky skated to the opposite side where the hoarding opened to allow access, turning to give him a very flirty look as she did so.
There was no need for words, her eyes and her smile said it all and within what seemed like microseconds, the two of them were in the changing rooms, kissing passionately, tearing at each other's clothes and reprising the love-making session they'd once had so long ago or so it seemed.
Recovered and redressed almost an hour later, they headed back to the rink area to retrieve their crash helmets. As they stepped through the doors, they heard the sound system come to life and looked at each other wide-eyed and giggling when they heard a familiar husky voice moaning her husband's name long and loud, both of them knowing exactly who was up in the control box and what they were up to.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:03 am

Wow Simon still knows how to push the buttons on Urs the wrong way..

Hope they make it to the Show and get to Franky's performance too or Urs will lose it...

Oh David and Lauren hmmmmmmmmm Shower

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:32 am

Chapter 68 - Then Jericho.
"Phew! Made it." Urs exclaimed with a huge smile as he dropped down into a seat next to his mother in the same box the group had occupied the first time they'd seen Franky perform, watching David, Carlos and Sebastien flump down in much the same way
David on the end, Carlos next to Barbara-Jean behind him. Sebastien next to Emma who sat on Barbara-Jean's other side.
"What's wrong Mami?" He asked on seeing a frown on her face.
"I'm a little worried about Franky. She's not been herself since reading an article in this this morning." She replied with a shoulder shrug, handing him a celebrity magazine. "Page 21."
Urs found the relevant page, smiled when he saw the picture showing his and Franky's arrival at the La Fenice opera house, seeing how lovingly they looked at each other, remembering how much she'd enjoyed the performance of 'La Boheme' before he began to read. The further he got into the article, the angrier he became.
"Damn it!" He huffed, throwing the magazine to the floor and raking his hands through his hair. "Three years and they still make assumptions."
"What's wrong Urs?" David asked, having not paid attention because he'd been setting up his DVD recorder.
"Read that, I'm going to see Franky." Urs instructed, pointing at the magazine before he stormed out of the box, throwing the door back so hard it almost hit him on the arm as it bounced off the wall.
Knowing where she would be, Urs moved quickly towards her dressing-room, all the performers moving out his way without him having to ask. Concerned faces looking at him as he knocked on the door and entered.
"Hi." He smiled on seeing her sitting in front of the dressing-table with her head down.
"Oh hi." Franky sighed, attempting a smile. "You saw the article then?"
"Ja. I did and I'm mad. You take the children on tour, you're a bad mother. You bring them home, you're a bad mother. We hire an au pair, you're singled out and labelled an uncaring mother. You work a couple of days at the garage because Blair was sick and it was busy, you're a bad mother. We leave them with my parents while we go away, you're a selfish mother. You wear the bloody diamonds to the opening night of an opera and they automatically assume I gave them to you as an anniversary present and all they're wondering is how much money I spent. And to top it all, the magazine has to come out on the day you have to give the third hardest performance of your life."
"I don't really care about any of that, Urs. You know that, so calm down."
"I know. It just pisses me off, reading crap like that about you. Come here." Urs sighed, pulling her up into his arms and holding her tight. "I'm sorry. A lot of good memories here huh?"
"Too many to count." Franky sniffed, her face buried against his chest. "I don't want this place to come down Urs. I know it has to because it's too old, but I really don't want it to."
"You're not the only one you know? There are a lot of sad faces out there tonight."
"I know. I know. I'm sorry. " Franky nodded, pulling her face away and sniffing back her tears. "What happened to you?" She asked on seeing a small scratch below his right eye.
"I erm.......ran into Astrid at the airport." Urs coughed then rolled his eyes backwards. "She was with her husband and step-daughter, but she still flirted with me. Didn't like it one bit when I ignored her, then she started making comments about you. You should have seen her face when I turned round and told her that I wouldn't touch her again with a ten foot barge pole. That was the right expression wasn't it?"
"Yes." Franky laughed and nodded with her eyes closed.
"Anyway, she grabbed my arm, told me she was the best thing I'd ever had, especially in the bedroom department and I just cracked up laughing. That's when Seb butted in and told her that at least you've never lied to me about being pregnant. You should have seen her face when she realised he, David and Carlos knew the truth. She went to slap me, but her husband grabbed her arm and yelled at her in Dutch. Her engagement ring nicked my face as he pushed it down, that's all. He apologised, then they made their towards the waiting area, him mumbling something about consulting a lawyer I think."
"Divorce?"
"Think so." Urs shrugged nonchalantly. "Her step-daughter didn't look too happy about the way she'd behaved either. She spent the entire five minutes we waited in the VIP area trying to apologise to her husband, but I don't think he was having any of it. Oh and it looks like it was a good thing we went to Amsterdam. Nola, one of the ladies we met on the paddlesteamer was at the event. She asked me to give you this." He smiled and handed over the battered, blue square box he'd removed from the inside pocket of his jacket.
"What the f.......Wherever did she find this?" Franky gasped after opening the box to reveal a medal her mother had won but had had stolen from her luggage on the way home from Amsterdam. A European Championship Silver Medal.
"A small pawn shop in Rome." Urs nodded. "I wasn't going to give it you until after your performance, but I think it's right you have it now."
"Yeah. Thank you. You did give her what she paid for it didn't you? How did your performance go down?"
"Of course I did......Well I tried to. She refused to take it. Told me to donate the money to the charity that took care of your mother instead. Fifty pounds doesn't sound much, but as you've said so many times before, every little helps. We went down a storm, they wouldn't let us leave the stage until we'd performed another carol. We only just made it to the plane on time."
"Good."
"So. Going to tell me what you and Sylvie are dancing to?"
"Hell no. Do I ever?" Franky smiled, wiping her eyes and allowing Urs to put the medal around her neck. "No peeking." She laughed and batted his hands away when they moved towards the belt of the robe she wore. "And stop pouting. I've got to compose myself and get warmed up."
"Okay. Just remember she'll be out there with you in spirit as she always is when you skate." Urs replied, placing a quick kiss on her lips before he turned and walked towards the door.
"Urs." He heard Franky whisper and turned to face her. "Thank you. I really needed that."
"Duuuuuuuuh." He rolled his eyes backwards, the two of them laughing as he left and made his way back to the box.
"You've already given it to her haven't you?" An angry looking Carlos questioned as he resumed his seat.
"She needed it after reading that crap and knowing what's going to happen to this place after today." Urs nodded, ripping the magazine to shreds and throwing the pieces into a bin.
"She must have so many good memories of performing here." Barbara-Jean stated with a smile and fury in her eyes. "Especially the ones she did for her mother and Karen."
"They're not only her memories." Emma shook her head and smiled. "They're ours too."
"They sure are." David nodded in agreement, a shudder running down his back as he listened to Lauren speaking over the public address system.
"Mon Dieu, David. Focus on the rink." Sebastien laughed on seeing the silly grin he wore.
"Sorry. Can't help it? Gets me everytime."
"Still don't know what she's dancing to?" Urs heard his father questioning while he watched Frank who stood with his face pressed against the glass to watch a young boy performing to 'Frosty The Snowman', the same way he had all the performers so far.
"Do I ever?" He asked with a wry smile as everyone stood to applaude.
"They're up next." His mother informed with a huge smile on her face, cradling Kurt against her chest, his father having taken Serena from Saskia just as he came back from seeing Franky.
Everyone resumed their seats as the lights went down and Lauren spoke again.
"Ladies and gentleman, boy and girls. To bring the first half of our final performance at this rink to a close, please welcome onto the ice and dancing to Wizzard's 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day' .........Mrs Franky Buhler and her step-daughter, Sylvie Buhler."
The lights went up in one huge flash to reveal Franky and Sylvie standing in the middle of the ice, dressed in sparkling ladies santa costumes, a matching sparkly red brace running all the way down Franky's left leg. Their hips swinging in perfect harmony as the song began, arms held high in the air, waving back and forth in time to the beat, encouraging the audience to do the same. Huge smiles on their faces as they pushed of to opposite ends, performing identical moves, filling the ice with some very fancy footwork as they each moved to the end.
Meeting up in the middle to perform a few rock 'n' roll moves, Franky flipping Sylvie from one side of her hips to the other then pushing her high into the air, finishing by sliding the little girl between her legs and turning to face her. Sylvie losing her step a little, but quickly regaining control and continuing to dance. Ending the routine with Franky holding Sylvie in her arms while she spun on the spot, dropping into kneeling position, the two of them holding each other tight and smiling lovingly as the final line faded.
"Wow! She really is amazing." Saskia exclaimed with a slow headshake while Franky and Sylvie courtsied to thunderous applause then made their way around the rink to accept the flowers that were being offered.
"How do you top that?" Urs heard his father questioning, swallowing hard and shaking his head.
"I don't know." Carlos informed, doing the same. "But somehow she always manages to be doing so."
Everyone chatted amongst themselves and drank their favourite drink during the intermission. Urs laughing loudly when Frank asked to try what he had only screw his face up in digust after tasting the lite beer, Carina licking her lips enthusiastically after having the smallest taste of Brandy her father had chosen.
They settled back, applauding the remaining performers in turn only to wonder what was happening when they all came back on and stood at the side of the rink. Knowing that the show hadn't ended yet, because Franky hadn't performed her final dance.
"Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls. There is a man here tonight who has not performed at this arena since his mid-twenties. The man who taught so many to skate following his partner's retirement from competition. Please welcome onto the ice accompanied by the daughter of his greatest success, Serena Hartford............ Mr Alan Haley and Mrs Franky Buhler, skating to 'O Holy Night' performed by St Nicholas's Church Choir."
All those in the box returned their attention to the rink to see Franky, dressed in the same white costume they'd seen her wearing on Lauren's DVD. Being held in a dance pose by Alan who was dressed in black trousers, a white shirt and a bolero jacket trimmed with gold.
Tears filled everyone's eyes as they watched the couple move around the rink. Watching Alan lift Franky into the air by one leg and hold there her while he skated backwards, making everyone gasp. That was a feat Urs had felt too uncomfortable to even attempt the last time he'd skated with her, the day before he'd flown out to Amsterdam , despite Franky's assurance that she was sure he could do it. It was one of several moves he wasn't quite sure he could pull off just yet, but thought he would at some point.
Urs and everyone else continued to watch but he was the only one that held his breath as he watched Franky position herself for the triple Salko, performing it three times with a slight wobble on the last landing. All too soon the couple brought the dance to end, Alan behind Franky both of them performing a beautifully executed camel spin. Franky grabbed Alan's hand and buried her face into his shoulder as another long round of applause went up from the crowd.
Everyone saw tears streaming down Franky's face while she and all the other performers accepted the audience's thanks with graceful bows and courtseys. All but Franky left after several minutes of footstamping and loud yells for more. Franky reluctantly shook her head and tugged something from underneath her costume before she turned towards the entrance and raised her arm in the same way she had for Karen's tribute show. Several loud bangs went off and large canvases unrolled to reveal pictures of the icehockey team and those who had trained at the arena since its opening and had gone on to considerable success. However, the one that caught Urs's attention most was that of Franky's mother, Serena Hartford, performing a perfect layback spin wearing what looked like a see through costume with thousands of clear crystals covering her modesty. While the audience continued to clap loudly, Franky skated to the middle of the ice, dropped to her knees, removed the medal from around her neck and laid it there, keeping her head lowered as if in prayer for a few moments.
Once she was standing again, she looked up towards the box where she knew Urs and her family would be, blew him a kiss and mouthed a 'Thank you' before slowly skating backwards off the ice, leaving the medal glistening in a solitary beam of yellow light.
"Mon Dieu. She got us again." Sebastien sniffed.
"She certainly did." Urs beamed a huge smile, ignoring the tears that rolled down his cheeks and swallowing the lump that had risen to his throat.
The next day, Urs stood by Franky's side watching as a demolition crew began work to bring the old ice stadium down. Franky sharing with him some of the memories the building held for her, tears streaming down her face, her voice faultering once in while and her hands squeezing his tight as the last piece of hoarding was fastened into place.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:54 am

Wow after all these years of them being together the press still makes Franky out as a bad person and mother even though she is the best thing to ever happen to Urs..

Astrid deserves everything her hubs dishes out Divorce and all.. Glad Urs has her number and told her off with a Bit of French help...

Well there goes the old Rink and in will come the new one and lots more memories to share ahead..

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 5:16 am

Chapter 69 - Surprises All Round
So focused had his attention been on the scoreboard, figuring out if Franky had a chance at winning the showjumping competition he'd entered her in, that Urs didn't hear the loud gasp that went up from the watching crowd. He didn't really pay attention until 'Kismet' flew past him at canter. He looked at the almost white-faced bay gelding and saw a look of fear in his blue eyes. A look to the arena floor informed him that the horse had lost his rider near the wall and he was being attended to by first-aiders, his right arm looking like it was broken.
He couldn't help but allow a wry smile to cross his lips when he heard the master of ceremonies announcing that the team could not continue and had no choice but to withdraw from the competition. With them out, it put Franky and 'Ice Dancer' in with a chance to win if 'Platinum Blonde' and 'Snickerdoodledandy' made mistakes. 'Kismet' had been leading up until now and the competition was running very close. Although he knew Franky could care less if she came first, he was really hoping she would, it would show Gordon Baxter a thing or two.
"How's she doing?" Urs heard being asked from his left side and snapped his head round on recognising the voice.
"Pretty damn good for her first competition." He replied after getting over the shock of seeing Simon taking a seat next to him.
"Still her last?"
"She says so, but I'm not giving up. She's good enough to win a county championship at the very least. If I had my way, she'd be going national and international as well."
"Yeah but that's one battle you're not going to win. It was hard enough persuading her to do this wasn't it?" Simon shook his head and smiled.
"Ja! Urs nodded, watching the chestnut mare he knew as 'Snickerdoodledandy' approach the start of the course. "Now be quiet for a couple of minutes, I want to concentrate and calculate."
Simon grunted a laugh then sat back to watch the action, ocassionally looking at the man on his right to see him trying to surpress a quick giggle twice, both times when 'Dandy' knocked a pole off. He turned his attention back to the course as the horse finished and noticed that her rider appeared to be staring at him. Quickly he raised his right index finger to his lips, hoping she would honour his request to keep quiet and returning the smile she gave as she nodded.
"So just 'Platinum Blonde' and 'Dancer' left to jump then?" Simon asked watching 'Dandy's' rear end disappear into the warm-up area.
"Ja. 'Dancer' will be last to jump. Don't ask me why, it's just always been done that way at this event. The leader of the competition going first in the final round. Not like at the Horse of the Year Show, if I remember right."
"Okay. Who's riding 'Platinum Blonde'?"
"Miranda's daughter, Pearl."
"Ah! Wouldn't like to be in Franky's posititon then. Would she throw the win?"
"Hell no. They both agreed not to. Honestly Simon, don't you know how my wife's mind works yet? Fair competition is her mantra. What are you doing here anyway? It's not like it's a major event." Urs asked, watching Pearl enter the arena.
"I want to talk to Franky and I was in the area, looking at a couple of prospective purchases a few miles away. I called at the house, but when I found no-one home I called Seb, he told me where you were. Where are the kids?"
"Saskia's taken them for ice-cream, then home for nap while Sylvie works through a stack of homework. They were getting tired. Prospective purchases of what, if you don't mind me asking?"
"Race horses. Decided to look into buying a couple after Royal Ascot."
"Oh. Any good?" Urs asked, watching Pearl and her mount take a particularly tight turn, jump next fence clear and approach the wall. "Knock a brick out." He hissed under his breath and grinned at Simon when 'Blondie' trailed a hind leg too close to the top, doing exactly what he'd asked for. "Gott! This going to be close. Don't know if I can bear to watch."
"Why? She's been practising hasn't she?"
"Ja! But 'Dancer' has trouble with tight turns and there are two in this course, plus he's never jumped a six foot wall clear. If he does what 'Blondie's' just done, it'll be down to the timings."
"Oh! You'd better hold onto your seat then, 'cos here she comes. And to answer your question quickly. One I'm sure of, his name is 'Miller's Folly', the other, 'How Do You Like Me Now', I'm not so keen on."
Urs nodded, then turned his attention back to Franky and 'Dancer' when he heard the buzzer indicating for her to start. The first six fences were pretty easy and the gelding made them look much easier than they were. The first of the tight turns was next and he went a little wider than 'Blondie' had done. One fence came before the wall and 'Dancer' got a little too close, but amazingly he did nothing more than rattle the top pole. He didn't know how, but Urs managed to watch the horse approach the wall, taking off a little too soon and knocking a brick forward with his front hoofs. He cursed under his breath as he watched it hit the sand then looked round to see that only two fences remained. Those were cleared easily and Franky flew past him with a huge smile on her face, patting 'Dancer' on his neck and laughing when he gave a quick buck, his plaited tail swishing high, round and round.
The contest had come down to time after all and the entire audience was checking out the board and gasping when they saw that only .05 seconds seperated the mare and the gelding. Franky had come second and looked perfectly happy with her result as she disappeared into the warm-up area.
Urs stood and, with Simon walking by his side, made his way to where he knew Franky was busy walking 'Dancer' around to cool him down a little. With her being dressed the same as the other female riders, wearing white jodphurs, tight fitting black boots and a white shirt, it took him a few seconds to locate her, especially with her having her hair in a tight bun covered by a net that somehow managed to make her hair look a completely different colour.
'Pity you're in a public place huh? She looks damned sexy dressed that way. You'll just have to behave yourself...........for now at least.' His inner voice teased and he coughed to compose himself for the umpteenth time today.
He approached, gave her quick congratulatory kiss and hug then scowled at 'Dancer' when he nudged him hard, knocking him a step or to away from his owner.
"Show off." Urs growled, still glaring at 'Dancer'. "Don't think I didn't see those little rears you did just before the buzzer went." He huffed, heard 'Dancer' snort three times and watched him paw at the ground before the animal beared his teeth and appeared to laugh.
"Is it me or does he get jealous?" Simon asked Franky, the two of them giggling when the gelding gave Urs another shove..
"Only when Urs kisses me in front of him. What are you doing here, Simon?"
"Want to talk to you about the stables where you keep 'Dancer'. How are the repairs coming along?"
"They're not." Franky sighed. "That truck did a lot of damage. Mainly to the office and the tack room. I just thank God I'd taken 'Dancer' out for nice long gallop that morning and Miranda was in the back pasture. I've offered to help, especially with 'Dancer's' stable. Miranda refuses to take the money and the insurance company is refusing to pay out because the driver was DUI."
"Urs told me. How did you know he'd been using marijuana?"
"A friend of an ex used to smoke it. I recognised the smell as soon as I got back. Anyway, what do you want to know about the stables for?"
"I want to help fix them, but I don't want Miranda to know."
"Erm.......Okay. It's going to be expensive, with them being Grade 2 listed buildings."
"Pfft!" Simon laughed then rolled his eyes backwards. "How am I going to do this without Miranda knowing who's paid for it?"
"Simple." Urs shrugged, wrapping an arm around Franky's waist. "Franky knows some guys who can do the work and they can be trusted not say where the money's come from. Right?"
"Right." Franky nodded. "I could send you the bills or you could trust me with the finances and put the money in my account."
"Of course I trust you." Simon tutted. "Okay! What sort of figure are we looking at?"
"Twenty thousand minimum and I'll pay you back for the stable."
"Fine." Simon replied after looking at Franky for a few minutes and realising there would be no moving her on making a contribution to the repairs. "Stubborn woman." He muttered almost inaudibly. "I'll call you tomorrow so that we can sort the details out. Congratulations, brilliant effort out there, see you in Houston in a few weeks."
"Thanks." Franky nodded with a huge smile on her face as she turned back to Urs who helped her re-mount 'Dancer' ready for the prize-giving ceremony once she'd put her dark blue jacket back on. "Don't you ever enter me in anything like this again Urs Buhler. That was harder than skating."
"Aww! Spoilsport." Urs pouted.
"You just dare enter me for the county championships and see what happens. Take a look at what's in the white envelope in my kitbag if you want to know."
Urs watched Franky and 'Dancer' disappear back into the arena then turned his attention to bag she'd mentioned. He retrieved the envelope, removed the contents and swallowed hard.
"You've got to love a woman who knows how and when to pay back." He laughed, returning the London Marathon entrance form to the envelope, knowing that a ten mile run was his limit.
Laughing he returned to his seat, sitting down just in time to see the town's Mayor placing the silver sash around 'Dancer's' neck. The horse himself nodding as if appreciating the round of applause the audience gave while Franky accepted the silver trophy plate and the prize cheque. Urs smiling and clapping along with everyone else, knowing that the five hundred pounds would go to charity as a photographer completed his assignment. Those pictures set to appear in the local newspaper the following day. Urs ordering copies of every picture that featured Franky and 'Dancer' once they were available and putting them in a photograph album he'd bought especially for the purpose.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 6:36 am

Good to see Franky and Urs enjoying life together..

Simon arriving was a surprise..

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:06 am

Chapter 70 - The Wind Up
"Lo suficiente! Me doy por vencido. Me doy por vencido." Urs heard one of his brothers yelling as he swam towards the edge of the pool. "No more of the duckings. I have been punished enough. It is not my fault you are still being so easy to be winding up."
Laughing hard, Urs nodded his head then swam a couple of metres and grabbed the hand an hysterical Sebastien offered to help him out. A look to the right told him David was laughing even harder as he heaved the Spaniard out of the water.
"That's got to be one of our best wind ups ever." David shook his head, patting Carlos hard on the shoulder. "Well done, buddy."
"Gracias." Carlos replied, giving a courtly bow.
"Just tell me you got it all on DVD?" Sebastien asked, still laughing hard.
"Nope! Hard-drive."
"What?! You give that here, right now!" Urs yelled, beginning to chase the American around the pool like he had Carlos ten minutes before, though this time he didn't manage to catch him, due to the fact his jeans weighed him down.
"No way! What you gonna do, Swissy? You wouldn't know how to delete it anyway. I ain't gonna show ya and Franky ain't here." David teased, just before he, Sebastien and Carlos disappeared through the folding doors that gave access to the pool. "Hi Franky."
"Hi guys, bye guys." He heard Franky's voice and skidded to a halt in the tiled lounge area as she entered. "Have the children been having fun?"
"I wouldn't know, they're still.......You mean me and those three don't you?"
"Considering Saskia's just called to tell me all the children are having a great time you mean?"
"Hmmn." Urs nodded, pulling Franky into his arms and giving her a kiss. "Well those three have that's for sure. Did you get what you need for tomorrow?"
"Uh-huh! Three hundred dollars for a pair of shoes that I'm probably only going to wear once."
"Let me see."
"No." Franky laughed, snatching up the bag she'd entered with and holding it close to her chest. "You go and get dried off and changed first. I want to see if they go with one of those dresses I've brought with me first."
Reluctantly, Urs nodded and grabbed hold of Franky's hand before the two headed upstairs. They both entered the master suite, Franky grabbing the three dresses she'd brought from England before disappearing into one of the rooms their children were using. He entered the en-suite, quickly stripped off and showered to remove the chlorine from his skin. Dried off and re-dressed, he picked the soggy clothing up, took it downstairs and shoved in the washing machine on a quick cycle.
"Well? What do you think?"
Hearing Franky's voice behind him, Urs turned and smiled when he saw that she was wearing the blue V-neck, knee-length chiffon dress and three-quarter sleeved wrap. The V-neck formed by pleats over her bust and held in place with a diamond shaped, white beaded permenant broach. The wrap trimmed around the cuffs, neckline and hem with the same small white beads that made up the broach. He looked to her feet and rolled his eyes when he saw a pair of white slip-on shoes, trimmed with tartan over the top of her foot and down the two inch heel.
"Wonderful. I'd prefer it without the wrap though."
"I can always take it off at the reception can't I?"
"Ja." Urs grinned, reaching to pull her into his arms only to feel himself being held off.
"Creases, honey."
"Oh ja. Sorry. I forgot. Is BJ still apologising for not asking you to be one of her bridesmaids?"
"She did once I was in the SUV, until Sara told her to stop. Even tried to get me to let her pay for the shoes." Franky tutted. "You still nervous about being Carlos's last-minute best man?"
"I was when he came over with what he was expecting me to wear." Urs growled and shook his head.
"Oh! Well you can tell me all about it, once I've changed out of this." Franky smiled turning away from him to go back upstairs. "Has he heard anything from Sancho?"
"Ja, his father's still very ill, a little better than he was yesterday. Doesn't want to leave him just in case he takes a turn for the worse and doesn't make it this time."
Urs sighed and headed for the kitchen where he poured two glasses of iced-tea for himself and Franky. It was a reasonably warm day in Houston and he knew she wouldn't want anything hot. With the jug back in the fridge, he took a seat at the breakfast bar, sipped his own drink and looked towards what little he could see of Houston's skyscrapers. Beyond the very large open spaces of the fields that surrounded Gunner and Catherine's guest house, nothing but the very tops of those building could be see.
He took a deep breath, recalling the phone call Carlos had received just hours before they were due to fly out on a private jet. He'd been devastated to hear that his childhood friend's father had gone down with pneumonia for the second time. His knew his best friend, Pedro, couldn't replace him because his wife was due to give birth tomorrow. He'd looked at David briefly then turned immediately to him, somehow knowing that the American would refuse due to the fact Lauren was eight months pregnant and tired just as easily as she had over Jefferson. No, David would want to be with her and help take care of their son. Following some rather profain cursewords and some deep breaths, the Spaniard had asked him if he would mind stepping into Sancho's shoes. He'd said yes almost immediately, knowing a new suit would have to be ordered to fit Sebastien with him being slightly bigger built than the second choice bestman. Urs himself would fit into it with just a little room to spare. They hadn't had time to check the fit last night because everyone had attended a pre-wedding meal at Barbara-Jean's childhood home, arriving back at the guest house or The Westin Galleria Hotel shortly after midnight.
He been looking forward to staying at that hotel for a couple of days, since it had its own indoor ice-skating rink and he had been hoping to spend an hour or two on the ice with Franky. Instead he'd had to spend that time writing a speech while Saskia and Ria took the children to the Children's Museum and Franky went to buy the shoes, having not been able to find anything suitable in England. That speech had been written, edited and was now safely tucked away in the top drawer of the nightstand on his side of the bed.
Thinking that Franky was taking a long time, he turned towards the kitchen door and smiled when he saw that she was already down, leaning against the frame with a soft smile on her face.
"How long have you been standing there?"
"Not long." She replied, stepping towards him and kissing him on the lips before taking a seat opposite him. "So, tell me what happened while I was out and how you and Carlos ended up soaking wet."
"I suppose it was quite funny." Urs laughed then shook his head. "I'd just finished writing my speech when Carlos arrived with the suit. I didn't think anything of him turning up with David and Seb. Anyway, I open the bag in the lounge and when I see what he's wanting me to wear.......Well.....I swore. He stood there, all serious and asked me what was wrong?"
"What was wrong?"
"You know BJ is incorporating her Scottish heritage into the wedding? How she's asked everyone to wear a touch of her family tartan?"
"Of course I do." Franky nodded and tutted.
"Inside that bag was the full on traditional dress. Kilt, everything and Carlos says he's expecting me to wear it in the traditional way.......sans underwear."
"Oh my God!" Franky laughed with her hand over her mouth while Urs's face reddened and he continued to speak.
"It's all right you laughing. I really thought he was serious. He stood there for ages looking at me like I was the crazy one. Seb and David too."
"Who cracked first?" Franky queried, knowing that Sebastien and David had to be in on the plan if they'd turned up.
"Seb, closely followed by David and Carlos. I told Carlos to run and he headed for the pool area. Chased him around five times in total and finally caught him at one of the corners. He tried to get away, wriggled worse than Frank does when he doesn't want to do something. Somehow, I managed to keep hold of him and we end up in the pool, where we spent the next few minutes dunking each other under until he surrenders. Once I'm out, I discover that David has recorded everything, chase him round the pool but he gets away before I can get anywhere near him."
"Awwww! Poor thing." Franky smiled and gently patted his face. "Much as I would love to see you dressed like that, honey. I know it isn't ever going to happen."
"Damn right! Just like you'll never see me in Lederhosen."
"I've already seen you in them, in your mother's photos."
"Ja, when I was ten. I wouldn't say no to seeing you dressed like that though or in a Dirndl for that matter." Urs replied, giving Franky his Cheshire Cat grin.
"I bet you wouldn't." Franky blushed then broke down into hysterical laughter with him, the two of them taking at least ten minutes to compose themselves enough to speak again.
"You do know there will be a couple of people dressed that way don't you?"
"Ja, a couple of BJ's distant relatives, actually from Scotland. She told me on the flight over. Good job she and Carlos didn't book the wedding for just after New Year. Can you remember her telling us how windy it was here?"
"Yeah, and how much Carlos complained about having to constantly sort his hair out." Franky nodded just as a knock came at the door.
She moved quickly to answer it and soon returned with Mark who carried another suit cover and was chuckling to himself. Without saying a word, he handed Urs the suit and left again. Urs unzipped the cover and breathed out long breath when he saw that it contained dark blue trousers and jacket, a white shirt and a light blue waistcoat. The only piece of tartan visible, a tie in the blue shades Barbara-Jean's relatives would be wearing.
"You're not the only one who's had a bit of fun this morning you know?"
"I thought you were gone a bit long, considering BJ said she knew just the shop. What have you been up to?"
"Sara asked if I minded taking a look at those bike parts Mark once had in his father's barn to see if I could identify them. I had time, so I agreed. Took me a while to realise they were probably the parts of two rare motorbikes. I'm not a hundred per cent sure, but one looks like a Cedos-Bradshaw 350cc and the other a Seeley 500"
"What's he going to do with them?"
"Going to restore them then auction them off if he can." Franky shrugged, her arms around his neck. "Fancy getting wet again?" She asked nodding towards the pool.
Urs nodded, gave her a quick kiss, grabbed the suit which he'd returned to the bag while Franky had been telling him about her trip to Mark and Sara's home. Together they headed upstairs to change into swimming costumes. Urs opened the wardrobe door, hung the suit up and went to close it again. However, something caught his attention and he quickly removed the child-sized hanger. His eyes widened when he saw what it held.
"Does this mean what I think it means?" He asked, grinning, holding the all-in-one in his hands and reading 'My Daddy Rocks'.
"Yes." Franky nodded, a huge smile lighting up her face.
"This has got to be the best way you've ever told me you're pregnant. How far gone are you, angel?"
"About two weeks."
Knowing that Franky wouldn't want anyone to know until she was sixteen weeks gone and would want to get the pregnancy confirmed by a doctor, Urs wrapped his arms around her waist once he'd deposited the all-in-one on the bed and spun her around a couple of times. She was giggling as he set her down and his finger quickly set to work on undoing the cotton blouse she wore. He took a moment to look her over then dropped to his knees, placing his mouth close to her stomach.
"Hey in there." He began then raised his eyes to see that Franky had covered her own with one hand and was shaking her head. "Do you know what a wonderful Mami you have yet? I do." He continued. "I know eight and a half months might seem a long time to find out, but it isn't really. It will fly by and I can't wait to see your Mami holding the new life we created together. She glows when she's not pregnant, but when she is........believe me.......she positively shines." He finished then placed a kiss just below Franky's belly button just before he stood.
Franky opened her mouth to say his name only for him to stop her with a passionate kiss, the blouse floating to the floor quickly followed by his t-shirt. His body reacting to the gentle carress of her fingers on his back as he unhooked her bra with one hand. They stayed there for a while, kissing and touching each other then moved to the en-suite where Urs somehow managed to turn the shower on without looking at the controls. The remainder of their clothes were disposed of and they were soon under the powerful stream.
Breathless already as he broke the kiss, Urs pushed Franky gently against the wall and teased her womanhood with two fingers while his mouth found its way from her lips, down her neck to circle and gently nip at the erect pink buds. He heard her moan his name deep in her throat as she came once, then a second time, feeling her tighten around his digits.
He allowed her a brief respite, then cupped her bottom, lifted her once again and waited for her legs to lock around his waist before pushing himself deep inside, moaning her name with each gentle thrust. He wasn't sure how he managed to do it, but somehow he managed to stop himself coming until she'd orgasamed twice more and kissed her hard, their tongues engaging in the battle that neither would win as he followed her over the brink. Remaining locked together, they continued to kiss and didn't leave the shower until long after Urs had softened and slipped out.
They'd just about got their breaths back when they heard a vehicle pull up outside and Frank's excited yelling when they stepped out of the shower and began to dry each other off. They heard the front door slam shut and listened as Frank clattered up the stairs.
"Francis! You know the rules." Saskia's slightly raised tone somehow managed to find its way through the bedroom door into the en-suite.
"Yeah. If Mami and Papi's bedroom door is shut it means they having some private time and I not allowed to go in. But what does private time mean Saskia?"
"Mami and Papi will tell you that when you're older. Come back down please, you promised to help with Kurt and Serena's things."
"I coming. Sorry, I forgots."
Urs and Franky looked at each as they re-dressed, playfully teasing each other about who was going to tell the children about the birds and the bees as they did so. Quickly deciding that Franky would tell the girls and Urs would tell the boys.
"So what would you like this time?" Franky asked as they moved into the bedroom.
"I'll be happy with either, but preferably a girl. It's going to be hard enough explaining things to Frank. It's going to take me ages, what with his hows, whys and whens. It was hard enough teaching him to use the toilet."
Knowing that was one embarrassing story Franky would never pass on, Urs gave her one final kiss, took hold of her hand and led her downstairs to listen to their eldest child recount all the wonderful things he and his siblings had seen and done at the Children's Museum.
"I bet you and Mami haven't had that much fun today, have you Papi?" Frank asked once he'd finished talking, his face serious.
"Nein, Frank. Nowhere near that much fun." Urs replied following a quick cough and a blinky-wink to Franky who grinned and blushed.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:57 am

So they are expecting another child wow that will make 5 hmmmmm is this family ready for more.. They do so well I guess with all the Love they share it will be a welcome addition..

So Carlos is finally going to remarry?? Well I think Karen would be happy he found someone as good as BJ for his future and Carina's...

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:32 am

Chapter 71 - In Defence
"Having doubts about doing this?" Urs heard David questioning as they all gathered backstage at Manchester television studio.
All of them waiting to be introduced on a new early morning show where they'd agreed to give a very candid interview in the hope of putting a stop to stories and down right lies that had appeared on the official forum just lately. The Mods having to work like crazy to lock an delete the threads that belittled Lauren, Emma, Barbara-Jean, and Franky. Even Karen had been the subject of one or two .
"Like you three, I'm sick to the back teeth of all these rumours and lies. I don't even know where half of them come from. I can think of better things I would rather be doing though, that's for sure." Urs nodded, taking a deep breath.
"Like spending the day in bed with Franky." Carlos teased, his eyebrows flying upwards once he'd released the deep breath he'd taken.
"Pfft! I wish." Urs laughed. "Doubt we'll get to do that for a long time, not till the kids are able to look after themselves anyway." He huffed, thinking he'd said too much, knowing that Franky didn't like anyone to know she was pregnant until she was passed the danger period.
"She's pregnant again, isn't she?." He heard Sebastien whispering.
"Nein. What makes you think that?"
"She's stopped drinking coffee, asked Emma for orange juice the other day."
"So! That doesn't mean anything.
"I guess not." Sebastien sighed. "Wish I could talk Emma into having another one now. She says 'non', not until the season is over."
"Just over four weeks, it's not that long a wait. Is it?" Urs replied, looking at Carlos and seeing him stare at the floor a sad look on his face, knowing that he was ready to be a father again, but that nothing had happened yet. "Just give it time, it'll happen. You've only been married three weeks." He stated, placing a comforting hand on the Spaniard's shoulder and watching him nod after grumbling something that indicated he and Barbara-Jean had been trying long before the wedding.
"Okay guys. Heads up. Here we go." David informed, looking at Urs sceptically as they heard the hostess introduce them, they stepped onto the stage to thunderous applause and cheers.
Comfortable on the couches, once quick hugs and cheek kisses had been exchanged with their hostess, Sharmaine, they smiled and waited for the audience to settle down, the hostess smiling at them as she began the interview.
"You guys must be sick of the sight of each other? A tour just completed and all of you living in the same town I mean."
"Actually we don't see that much of each other when we're home." Urs replied. "Yes we all live in the same place, but our houses aren't close together. Our wives see more of each other than the four of us do."
"I see. What persuaded you to move recording studios? Weren't you happy with facilities in Sweden?"
"We were more than happy." David replied. "But Christian, our producer, fell in love with an English girl who had just begun a career in law. She was perfectly willing to give it all up to be with him and find something else. Christian wouldn't hear anything of it, moved the whole kit and kaboodle over here. Makes for a lot less travelling and time apart from our loved ones, that's for sure."
"So it was a good move?"
"Absolutely." The group proclaimed as one.
"It means we can go home after a long, hard day at the studio. It's much easier to relax and think about how we're sounding." Sebastien informed with a huge smile on his face.
"You think that's the reason 'Dedicia' sold so well. Seven million copies in the UK alone is astounding."
"Si we do." Carlos nodded, leaning forward with his elbows on his knees for emphasis. We'd discussed most of the songs we wanted to include while we were touring.'Thank You For Loving Me' was only supposed to be a dedication to our ladies, we had no plans to record that at all. It was Urs's idea to do so as a way of saying thank you to Franky for the way she'd taken care of him when he'd had the......"
"The what?"
"Chicken Pox." Urs muttered, looking at a giggling Carlos. "I never had them as child and I'm not the best patient in the world when I'm ill. I get really grouchy and frustrated, especially if I'm ordered to stay in bed. Have a tendancy to try and ignore my doctor's advice."
"Isn't that one of the most popular songs on the album though?"
"It is, it's my favourite." Sebastien nodded. "The last we heard from Sony there had been four million mobile phone downloads of that particular song alone. While we were promoting the album it was also the most requested song we were asked to perform. We saw a lot of disappointed faces when we didn't, but an album is about more than just one song and we wouldn't like to think the 'Dedicia' sold so well just because of that one track." He finished, looking questioningly to the audience, hearing a long, drawn out 'No' coming from them and seeing almost every head shaking.
"It's the best album yet!" Someone shouted, causing everyone to cheer in agreement.
"Well they all seem to be very happy with it." Sharmaine informed with a laugh before she turned serious again. "Let's get down to the reason you're really here. Setting the record straight about the ladies you're all married to. Where does it all start?"
"With Urs and Franky I suppose." David began. "I don't think I would have ever met Lauren if Franky hadn't had her accident. You see, after the performance she did in rememberance of her mother, we were all planning to go to visit our families or take a vacation. You should have seen Urs's face when he saw Franky on the ice. He'd done nothing but talk about her since he went to her rescue and once he saw her out there, giving her all, he was gone."
"Like you were, hearing Lauren speaking over the PA system you mean?." Urs teased.
"Didn't think you'd noticed." David retorted.
"Impossible not to." Urs batted back with a giggle. "You didn't do bad to say you objected the loudest to us attending, did you?"
"No. No, I didn't. Finally found the girl I've been looking for that's for sure." David grinned. "We asked to meet Franky backstage after her first performance and everything just grew from there."
"You weren't there though Seb? Backstage that night?"
"Non. I wanted to be......very much so. Erm.....My girlfriend at the time knew Franky and didn't want to meet her so I took her home then met up with the guys at a nightclub. That's when I met Franky and Lauren. Ja.....Jamie turned up a little later, assaulted Franky on the dancefloor for no good reason. That's when I ended our relationship and she was thrown out. What I hadn't realised was what an idiot I was being, having a relationship with her, even though many people told me so, including my mother. Because of my own stupidity I almost ended up bankrupt. Emma is nothing like her, in fact we often have little arguments about the gifts I buy her. When I took her to Rome the only thing she would allow me to buy her was a bottle of perfume, the vintage bracelet we were seen buying was for my mother's birthday, not for Emma."
"Is it true you met her when you were in hospital?"
"Oui." Sebastien nodded, smiling at the memory. "When I got home from the nightclub, I was attacked, beaten up and stabbed in the leg." He nodded, indicating the position of the scar on his thigh and hearing the audience gasp. "I managed to call Urs before I passed out. He arrived with David, Lauren and Franky but they couldn't get in through the door. Franky climbed through my bathroom window, let them in and I was soon at the hospital where I almost died." He paused on hearing the audience gasp again, saw several ladies with wide eyes and hands covering the mounths and allowed them to settle before continuing. "The knife had nicked the femoral artery, I'd gone into shock, my heart stopped for a few minutes and they had to shock me to get me back. Urs saw it all. The next thing I know I'm heading for an operating theatre. Emma came into my room the next day when she heard me screaming. I'd been having a nightmare about the attack and she managed to calm me down. I asked her out the day I left hospital and our relationship grew from there."
"So you owe your life to Franky?"
"Oui, I do. I would have bled to death but for her. She had no qualms about helping me while everyone was waiting for the ambulance. She ruined her dress climbling through the window and it took me ages to persuade her to let me replace it. Even then it wasn't the most expensive one in the shop. Jamie wouldn't even look at anything under a thousand pounds."
"So Emma was one of your nurses?"
"Non. She's was and still is a physio-therapist and only came in because the nurses were dealing with a patient who'd had a heart attack. She was made redundant from the hospital not long after our wedding and now works elsewhere as head physio-therapist."
"Has anyone ever been charged with the attack on you?"
"Non, we have our suspicions who did it, but nothing to back it up. If you don't mind I won't name those we suspect otherwise I would be in big trouble according to our legal team."
"That's fine." The hostess nodded. "Urs, is it true that Jamie and Franky are half-sisters?"
"Yes it is." Urs nodded, his head turning quickly on hearing the audience gasp again, wanting to say more but knowing David would be next.
"David, your wife, Lauren is Franky's best friend?"
"Yes she is, but they're more like sisters really."
"Okay. Erm..........Lauren refuses to have another child by you?"
"Now that's one rumour I found quite funny." David laughed. "Especially since she gave birth to our daugther, Reegan, ten days after Carlos and BJ's wedding. We'd spent a few days in Texas following the wedding. Lauren went into labour on the flight back, Reegan arrived just an hour after we landed, fifteen minutes after we got to the hospital. It was all very........manic. Going from place to place during a tour is nothing compared to that experience."
"Does that mean you're not going to complain about how quickly we have to go during the next one?" Sebastien teased with an eyeroll.
"Says him that flakes out before we're even out of the parking lot." David retorted, quickly sticking out his tongue.
"You two are worse that a six year olds." Carlos stated with one eyebrow raised, indicating the laughing and head nodding American and Frenchman.
"What really happened in Denver when you were due to marry her? Is it true she got cold feet and ran out of the church halfway through the ceremony?" Sharmaine asked once the audience had stopped giggling.
"Erm..........No, it's not." David shook his head, his face flushing bright-red. "I erm....I'm ashamed to say it was all my fault that we couldn't get married that day because I was already legally married." He paused when the audience gasped again. "It happened in Las Vegas, years ago when I was young, unemployed and spent a lot time drinking. I won't name her, because she's very happily married to someone else now. We were both drunk at the time and I never saw her again after the day we married until she turned up in Denver with our marriage certificate in her hand. I always thought it had been a dream. If she hadn't shown up, I could have been arrested for bigamy. Our divorce came through a few weeks later. I finally married Lauren and legally adopted her daughter a few weeks after that."
"Her father didn't object?"
"He couldn't. He died a few weeks before Lauren and I got married."
"Oh. So Lauren is still working at the rink?"
"Not at the moment because it's been demolished so that a more modern facility can be built. That's going to take between four and five years, so she'll be able to spend a lot more time with me on the next tour. The job of Events Manager will be hers first if she decides to go back. I won't have a problem either way. She's a very independant lady and was left more than adequately provided for when Stephanie's father died. In fact there's probably more in her bank account than there is mine. She also owns half of our current home and the villa in Portugal is all hers, not mine. I don't own any part of that, though she did try to give me half of it just before Christmas. She wasn't very happy when I refused such a generous gift. Depending on how much longer Il Divo lasts, it's where we plan to retire to when we get as old as Carlos."
"There he goes with that 'old' thing again." Carlos huffed after giving David a quick dig in the ribs. "I think I will be reminding you that you thought over forty was old when you reach that age, which will take a very long time because you behave like a six year old most of the time." He continued, laughing when David stuck his tongue out, then sulked playfully. "Do I look old ladies?" He asked, flicking his eyebrows suggestively, receiving a long 'No' and more than his share of wolf-whistles in reply.
"Do you mind talking about your first wife?"
"Not at all." Carlos shook his head.
"We know how you met. Was she working at the time?"
"Si she was. She was secretary to a cardio-thorasic consultant. Is true she wasn't there long, but she did not leave as soon as we met. She got another job before leaving and could work her own hours at home. Erm.......tras .....transcribing medical study observations, reports, essays, that sort of thing."
"I'm sure everyone will understand if you don't want to say how she died, but it must have been a shock to.........."
"No I don't mind the telling." Carlos sighed then took a deep breath. "She died of a brain anuerism, a very deep one. Even if she had shown any symptoms, there wouldn't have been anything that could have been done to save her. It was......It was very hard losing her so soon after our marriage. She left me with some wonderful memories and our beautiful daughter. What more could I ask for other than another chance at love?"
"And some wonderful artwork too? Is there a total yet for what you sold during the exhibition of her work?"
"The last I heard early this morning it was almost £50,000 and it's thanks to Barbara-Jean that the exhibition was held. Most of Karen's work was stored in a folder in my wardrobe until then."
"Most of it?"
"I have a few pieces on display in our home and Karen's mother still has some of her early ones scattered around her house."
"You should see the full-frontal MALE nude." Sebastien informed. "It's the first thing you see on entering the house if you look up the stairs and it isn't a small drawing." He grinned, holding his arms out wide.
"Is a good job I keep those she did of me locked away then. Wouldn't want to make you jealous." Carlos retorted after the audience laughter had settled down.
"Ahem!" Sharmaine coughed, her face bright red. "I think we'd better move on to Barbara-Jean."
"I first met her after Franky's performance in Denver. I was attracted, but it was much too soon after Karen's death for me to feel comfortable about asking her out. Actually, I never thought I would find someone else, didn't think I could find the courage to move on until that Christmas when Mama was reminding me about her father losing his first wife. That's what gave me the courage to ask her the next time we met, that and the support of the rest of my family, my friends, these three, Lauren, Emma and Franky."
"No plans for children yet?"
"No. Not right now."
"Okay. Looks like you want to leave your part there. I won't push."
"Gracias." Carlos nodded, then relaxed back.
"So Urs, Francesca?"
"Well I've already said, Gott knows how many times, how we met and it's all true. She really is my perfect match. She's smart, caring and very supportive, emotionally strong and never gives up. I'm always telling her that she should take a little time for herself once in a while, but getting her to do so is hard work. You see she thinks about our children first, me second, then her family, her friends, then herself. If it comes down to a friend needing help with something or her taking time to simply do nothing more than say have a nice relaxing bath, the friend always comes first."
"And the rumours?"
"Which ones? There are so many."
"Hates designer clothes?"
"Not true." Urs shook his head, smiling a little. "One thing I love about the way Franky dresses is the fact that she knows what she likes and doesn't buy something simply because it's a designer label or the height of fashion. She never fails to disappoint me with regard to what she wears, whether that be jeans and t-shirt or an evening gown.?"
"You bought her the garage and the Harley after the fire?"
"Not true. Her insurance paid for both. The only thing I paid for was the plaque that's situated in the walkway where the old garage used to be and I got one hell of a telling off for doing so, while Franky was crying and saying she would pay me back I might add."
"Your son wasn't really born premature."
"That's one that really irks me."
"Does more than irk you." David muttered in response.
"He's right." Urs sighed. "That really makes me angry. He was born premature, though you wouldn't think it to look at him now. It was me who posted those messages on the official forum, Franky couldn't do it because she had to stay in hospital for a few days after she'd had him. She lost a lot of blood due to a missed tear and had to have a blood transfusion. Frank was so small, I was scared to hold him. We all were actually, but it didn't faze Franky at all. We erm......." He paused to take a deep breath and swallowed to compose himself. "We.........We almost lost him several times too. And if my eyes don't deceive me, there's lady in the audience whose little boy was in the same NICU. Hi Ruby. How's Sam doing?"
"Fantastic." Ruby nodded with a beaming smile as she rose from the seat, returning the wave Urs gave. "And he's the apple of his daddy's eye."
Urs nodded as the audience emitted a long, loud 'awwwwww' and watched a blushing Ruby resume her seat before he returned his attention to Sharmaine.
"She insisted you all go to Denver after Karen's death, arranged everything without telling you until a few days before."
"Bullshi......No." David interupted. "That was all my mom's idea. We were all going to take a break for a few days, well away from each other. My mom thought the girls in particular needed to reconnect since they'd spent a lot of their free time helping Carlos organise the funeral and the extension to his home, besides carrying on with their everyday jobs. We didn't go everywhere together during those two weeks, just two nights out as group if I remember right. Mom was right, it was exactly what the girls needed and actually brought them even closer together, the four of us became much closer too."
"Sulks because hasn't been offered anything that would make her a household name?"
"Nein. She's been offered a lot and the money to go with it. She's turned every single one down."
"Such as?"
"Strictly twice. Dancing On Ice three, plus advertising for cosmetics and a perfume by Armani, dancing in a video for our tour and a couple of others, one of them a huge star. Erm.....Oh yeah! How could I forget? To skate for an advertisement."
"She's bulimic?"
"No, Franky really enjoys her food. I don't like women who sit there with nothing but a plate of salad, much prefer a woman with a healthy appetite."
"Non." Sebastien added, shaking his head. "That was Jamie's thing I think. I'd take her out for expensive meals, but she'd head for the bathroom between courses."
"She takes life far to seriously, doesn't really know how to have fun?"
Urs grunted a laugh, shook his head and looked at the other three before he replied.
"If anyone takes life too seriously, it's me or rather it was. Franky's taught to me how to have fun and I've lossened up a bit.....a lot really. Don't get me wrong, she knows when to be serious, when to kid around and what amazes me most is the little surprises she pulls once in a while. Sometimes she needs help to do them, like she did when she surprised me in Zurich, other times she manages them on her own. Zurich I was the only one who knew absolutely nothing, I really thought she had flu and wasn't coming to see me. The next thing I know there she is, dancing on the ice just metres away from where I'm performing. To this day I don't know how I managed to finish the song. If we arrive in a city and we're there for long enough, we go out with the children, whether it's educational or fun. Frank's probably seen and done more than most children his age."
"She can't really dance that well?"
"Ha!" Urs laughed along with David, Sebastien and Carlos for several minutes each of them taking some time to compose themselves. "You should see me Tango with Franky. She's currently teaching me to Salsa. That I'm picking up a lot slower. It's a wonder I haven't broken any of her toes yet, I step on her feet so often but she never complains."
"Who do you think tought him to shake his butt during LVSA?" Sebastien asked, indicating Urs with his thumb. "How long did it take?" He asked, looking around a slightly red-faced Urs to David.
"Three days." David nodded. "She tought me to waltz for mine and Lauren's wedding quicker than that."
"That's because Urs's mind was focused some other part of his anatomy rather than his feet." Carlos teased, raising his eyebrows quickly and watching Urs's eyes widen a little further as a another fit of giggles filled the air.
"Erm.........New York, abortion gone wrong?" Sharmaine asked of Urs once things had calmed down, watching him give David a quick smile before he closed his eyes and swallowed hard.
"No. Nein. A erm......A miscarriage at twelve weeks, we lost a daughter."
"We all wanted to cancel the concert the following day." Sebastien informed, his heading shaking slowly.
"Franky wouldn't let us." Carlos nodded. "Didn't want us to let the fans down for her sake. It still amazes us that she was in the audience that night, knowing that Urs wouldn't have got through it without her there."
"You bought her the diamonds for her birthday at her insistance?"
"No. She'd kick my butt if I spent what they're worth on her, besides which she actually prefers Emeralds."
"She cheated on you in Los Angeles, but says she can't remember doing so."
"No she did not. I made the huge mistake of pushing Franky away following the miscarriage. She asked me countless times to talk to her about what I was feeling, I wouldn't, couldn't because I thought she was in enough pain without me adding to it. I couldn't see that I was hurting her more by doing that, thought I was being so brave by keeping it in. I'm the one who cheated on her after being drugged by a woman I knew years ago. To this day, I'm still amazed that she forgave me and accepted Sylvie as her own." Urs finished, looked at the audience and saw several shocked faces.
"Sylvie is really Franky's daughter?"
"Nein. She's my daughter, you only have to look at her to see that and two DNA tests have proved that she's mine."
"They don't really get along."
"Rubbish. Franky makes a point of spending at least one day a fortnight with her, just her and Sylvie. Whether it be horse riding, clothes shopping or just talking problems through. That one day is Sylvie's, even I don't get a look in until she's in bed and it's fine by me. Sylvie and I have had a very special connection from day one and she understands she can come to me or Franky anytime if she has a problem."
"Sylvie's birth mother really is in prison in the States then?"
"Yes. For what she did and attempting to bribe me afterwards. She stole my wedding ring as proof and demanded half a million dollars in the hope she could continue to do so, thinking that Franky would leave me if she ever found out that I'd technically cheated. You see I have no memory of doing so thanks to being given GHB with alchohol and probably never will. Sylvie is the best thing to come out of what happened in LA, I don't think.......No I know I wouldn't have known anything about her otherwise. She could even be dead, since her birth mother neglected her so badly. She weighed less than fifty pounds the first time I saw her, hadn't eaten properly or bathed for weeks."
"Jamie didn't really go so far as to try and kill Franky?" Sharmaine continued once the audience shocked gasps and 'Oh my Gods' had almost stopped.
"Oh yes she did. Twice. Once when we were out riding. Second when she held us both at the mental hospital. Tests on what was left of the syringe proved that the doseage of Cocaine she planned to inject Franky with was more than enough to have killed her. She also tried to kill Emma on the same day she escaped from the prison van that was taking her to the new prison."
"Is that true Seb?"
"Oui. She ran her down too, I thought she was dead until the ambulance arrived. Emma miscarried about an hour after we got to hospital. She was only a month or so pregnant. She'd only told me that morning." Sebastien replied with a nod and a loud sniff. "And Ja.......Jamie crashed into Carlos on her way to Urs and Franky's home."
"Si, she did. That's how Karen ended up having an emergency ceasarian, she suffered an erm......a placental abruption in the crash and had to be cut out of the vehicle."
"She's had breast implants?" Sharmaine asked, shaking her head and knocking a tear from her eye as she turned back to Urs.
"No, they're natural." Urs informed, blushing slightly.
"Asked you for a divorce, just after your second wedding anniversary?"
"No, once again that was me. I thought it was the right thing to do to keep Franky and the children safe after one of my exes assualted Franky in Paris in an attempt to get me back. It wasn't the first time she'd tried. It was then that I realised how much Franky can actually take. She's much, much stronger than I have ever given her credit for. I knew she was a strong character, but strong enough to take all that she has without a word of complaint?.......No. I know better now. And after thinking about it some more once we'd talked and moved on, I realised that I could have actually made things worse for her if she'd given me what I'd asked for."
"You think your fans would have blamed her?"
"A few perhaps. What happened in Paris has made us even stronger. And before you ask, no, there would not have been another woman in my life if the divorce had gone ahead. That much I was definite on."
"Don't forget you threatened to quit the group too" David reminded and heard a loud gasp go up again.
"Ja I did." Urs nodded at the sceptical look Sharmaine gave him. "Got my butt kicked twice in the same day for that, once by Franky, the second by the guys. Franky reminded me how hard I've worked to get where I am and how much more I have to give the world.
"Tummy tuck the real reason for her being in hospital following the birth of your twins."
"Completely false." Urs sighed, his head shaking at the memories, swallowing hard and taking a deep breath before he continued. "She went out for a ride on one of the motorbikes at my insistance. She'd been cooped up in the house since we'd taken them home and that's not Franky. She loves the outdoors, no matter the weather. No, Jamie's uncle caused her to crash, though he thought it was me he'd injured. I'd been riding the same bike since mine was off the road. He intended to kill the four of us, not the girls."
"What happened to Franky?" Sharmaine asked once the audience had stopped gasping for breath and Urs had composed himself again.
"She was thrown right over the top his car, she was riding behind him and he braked suddenly so that she ran into him. Franky ended up with her right thigh so badly broken it required a surgical bolt to fix it. Her right lung collapsed and her spleen was ruptured. Erm.......Tendon and ligament damage in her back left her unable to feel her legs for a few days. When I first.......first saw her at the hospital, I was so scared that I was.....that I was going to lose her........I've never been so scared if the truth be told. It was a long, hard road to recovery and she came very close to giving up, because she wasn't progressing as quickly as she would have liked. It was one time I had to kick her butt and push her through."
"So that was the reason she wore a brace for her performances at Christmas?"
"Yes, even then she was in a lot of pain the following day."
"Was there proof of Jamie's involvement? Has she been charged? What happened to her uncle?"
"Yes, we got proof. She couldn't be charged because she was still being held under the Mental Health Act. Her uncle crashed his car before he could do anything else, suffered a major stroke shortly after he got to hospital and wasn't in any condition to be charged. He died a few weeks later. A few days after Franky left hospital, Jamie was murdered so......"
"So life's a little easier, not having to worry about she might do next?"
"It is, but I can't really lay all the blame at Jamie's feet though I did try to do that. Franky went to her funeral and I was mad as hell at her for going. You see she's never, ever blamed Jamie completely for how she was. As she sees it, Jamie's mother, step-father and Franky's father were equally to blame. Understanding Jamie's condition has taught us both that you can't show a child how much you love it by giving it everything it wants, you have to say no sometimes, even if you can afford it. As young as they are, our children know the limits and that no amount of stropping or sulking will get us to change our minds. The one thing that makes us all happy and content is spending time together, that's more important to us than possessing the latest gadget or wearing the latest designer label."
"It sounds like they're going to be very grounded when they grow up."
"If Franky and I have anything to do with it, they certainly will."
"Well thank you very much for being so candid. I'm afraid that's almost the end of our show, don't worry ladies the guys have agreed to perform."
Carlos, David, Sebastien and Urs stood as one and made their way to the stools and microphones that stood nearby while Sharmaine wound up the show, telling everyone what was happening on the next show before she introduced them again, singing 'Thank You For Loving Me'.
Urs spotted Sharmaine smirking while they sang and wondered why the audience cheered so loudly as the crescendo hit and fireworks went off behind them. He soon discovered why when he felt his left hand being taken hold of and turned his head in that direction to see Franky standing there, smiling broadly, wearing a full-length, off the shoulder red dress by Valentino, no sign yet of a baby bump. Their latest addition due the day after her mother's birthday, 13th October. Her heart ear-rings in her ears and the heart locket around her neck, offering him a red rose with her left hand. A look down the line once they'd finished singing informed him that Lauren, Emma and Barbara-Jean had made their way on stage at the same time, all of them wearing red dresses by the same well-known designer, holding their respective husband's hand offering roses as well.
"Is this payback for some surprise I pulled on you. If so I can't remember........Oh! The show jumping?." He asked, listening to the audience applaude loudly again, nodding in appreciation, his arm now around Franky's waist, holding her close in an attempt to stop her shaking. Her right arm around his waist, making him shudder.
"Actually, I still haven't come up with anything in that regard........yet. This wasn't my idea." Franky informed, pointing discretely to where their hostess stood giggling.
"So we're going to spend the rest of the day at a hotel?" Urs asked suggestively after shaking his head at the woman who'd interviewed them.
"Urs Buhler, you have a one track mind. A dirty one at that."
"You have no idea how dirty my thoughts have been today. But you will once I get you back to a hotel."
"And if I say no." Franky asked as they turned to walk off stage, waving to the audience as they went.
"I'll sulk." Urs returned, pulling her into his arms and kissing her hard, feeling that familiar shudder run through her body.
"Later. I'm really hungry and know just where I'd like to go."
"What are you up to?"
"Nothing." Franky smiled once they were settled in the people carrier and she'd asked their driver to drop Urs and herself at a secluded little restaurant named 'Scanlon's.
Just as the vehicle started moving, Urs's mobile rang and he grumbled once he'd finished listening to the caller.
"That was Simon. They haven't been able to trace who's been posting those lies and rumours, looks like they've been posted by several different people. All the IP addresses are different."
"Never mind. I think your fans would rather believe what they've seen and heard to today."
"Ja. So do I." Urs nodded, wrapping his arm around a smiling Franky and pulling her tight against him.
Turn the page.
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:57 am

Well they were much more open about their lives then I ever expected them to be.. But if that don't shut up the rumors nothing will..

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 5:11 am

Chapter 72 - Calendar Girl?
"Urs wait. I have something to tell you first." He heard Franky stating as she grabbed his hand, stopping him walking any further up the narrow road they'd been dropped at the end of. "Well a couple of things really. I just remembered something."
"Like what?"
"I found Sylvie crying in my office this morning, just after you left. She was on my laptop, looking at the website to see if anything new has been posted about me."
"You know it's funny, there's been nothing posted since the 'tummy tuck' lie. That wouldn't explain why you found Sylvie crying though, she wouldn't do something like that."
"No.......but Saskia probably would."
"Don't tell me we've got to........Oh you mean the first one?" Urs laughed at his own stupidity.
"Yeah. You know how close they got. Sylvie told me that she told her everything in confidence, made her pinky swear never to tell."
"Huh? Oh you mean promise. Where's my head at today?" Urs laughed again, knowing exactly where his head was, in bed, making love to Franky. "But that wouldn't explain all the different names and IP addresses, would it?"
"If she used internet cafes, yes it would, partly anyway. At least that's the way I think it works, I'm not that technically savvy. Maybe she's told a friend and they've twisted everything around. I know there's no solid proof, it just seems strange that all those rumours and lies go as far as my accident, but not much further. Don't you think?"
"Ja. Ja, I do." Urs nodded after a few moments thought "So you think Sylvie was crying because she's figured it out and feels betrayed?"
"That and she's thinks you're going to be angry with her for telling Saskia in the first place." Franky shrugged.
"No, I'm mad that she's been betrayed like that. She looked on Saskia like a big sister. You did tell her that didn't you?"
"Of course I did, but I think she needs to hear it from you."
Urs nodded, pulled his mobile out of his pocket and dialled Sylvie's number. She was sniffing as she answered and apologised several times until Urs gently told her to shut up, then told her he wasn't angry with her at all though he was at Saskia Boeijink.
"You know if I ever see that.......Urgh! I'm going to have a few words to say to her." Urs growled angrilly as he hung up. "What's the other thing?"
"Erm......I've been asked to pose for a calendar." Franky informed quietly, blushing bright red.
"Not a nude one?"
"No, not far off though." Franky giggled, when she saw how wide Urs's eyes had gone. "For Triumph motorcyles. They want me to pose with the Thunderbird, wearing nothing but a leather basque, matching briefs and thigh-length heeled boots."
"Hmmn. I'd have that put up in the garage, permantly on whatever month they decided to use you for." Urs teased, then kissed her gently. "You don't want to do it, do you?"
"No I don't, but they won't stop bugging me. If Gabe isn't fielding calls at the garage then they're leaving messages on the answerphone or emailing me via the garage account. They won't take no for an answer and I'm losing business because they call back almost as soon as Gabe hangs up. I don't know what to do, other than contacting my lawyer and threatening them with harrassment lawsuit."
"Well, much as I like the idea for myself, I'm not going to stand for you being harrassed. You got a name and number?"
Franky nodded, showed him the number and chewed on her bottom lip while he dialled and waited for his call to be answered.
"Hello, Brian Hampshire speaking. Who am I talking to?"
"Urs Buhler. I understand you're trying to harrass my wife into posing for a calendar."
"I've made a few phone calls and sent a few emails." Brian returned with a nervous cough.
"How many exactly?" Urs demanded, looking at Franky questioningly and watching her flash thirty-seven with her fingers.
"I don't recall exactly."
"It doesn't really matter. She tells me she's already told you she's not interested."
"Well.........yes she has. I assumed she was just saying that in the hope that we would call back with a better offer. All our other participants are perfectly happy with twenty thousand pounds, I don't see why we should make an exception for your wife Mr Buhler, though my boss thinks different. He's prepared to pay anything to get what he wants."
"I see." Urs nodded, his eyes rolling backwards. "Let me make one thing clear Mr Hampshire, when my wife says no she means no. She does not do so in the hope of being paid more. Donald Trump could offer her everything he owns and she still wouldn't do it. So this is one occasion where your boss is not going to get what he wants, no matter how much he offers her. Do you understand me?"
"Of-of-of course Mr Buhler."
"That means no more calls or emails, otherwise I'll talk her into seeing her lawyer despite the fact she doesn't want to take out a lawsuit against her favourite motorcycle manufacturer for loss of earnings. Goodbye Mr Hampshire."
"I understand. Goodbye."
Urs closed his phone, smiled at Franky then held her hand as they walked the short distance to the restaurant where she'd booked a table. They ordered quickly and were just beginning to eat their starters when Franky was tapped on the shoulder.
"Christopher Dean I could......" She laughed as she stood to face the world famous skater and exchanged cheek kisses. "I know that look. What's wrong?" She continued once she'd introduced the two men to each other.
"You are actually. Jayne and I both want you on the show but we keep getting told you turn us down every time we ask. We're beginning to think we're being lied to."
"No you're not." Franky shook her laughing head. "I have been asked and turned every chance down."
"Why? Oh! Don't tell me you still try to avoid the camera."
"Ja she does." Urs informed with a giggle, watching Franky flush bright red.
"Sorry Chris. You can ask me as many times as you like, my answer will always be no."
"Okay. But just so you know, I think you're making a big mistake. You'd outdo whatever Jayne and I came up with if you did agree."
"Yeah right, that'll be the day. Nice try though, Chris." Franky laughed, her face turning even redder then saying goodbye to the Olympic gold medalist and retaking her seat, listening to a few gasps from nearby.
Their meal finished, Urs allowed Franky to pay the bill after a little argument and hailed a taxi once they were outside. Once they were in their hotel room, they made love three times in total, making so much noise the third time that they heard banging on the wall that separated them from the other room and heard Sebastien shouting at them in French to keep the noise down.
"When you do mon ami!" Urs yelled back breathlessly as he and Franky settled down to sleep.
They watched the repeat of the interview, cuddled up together on the couch at home the next day. The camera cutting away at several points for audience reaction, several ladies having tears in their eyes when Carlos talked about Karen, others chewing on their lips or shaking their heads when Urs talked about Franky. A check of his forum inbox would find several ladies saying how wonderful it was to see Franky on television with him and that it was all too clear how much they loved each other.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:15 am

I am glad Urs stepped in and told that guy to stop bothering Franky..

I am not surprised that the first Saskia would do all she could to hurt Franky and Urs after being fired.. But she only got what she deserved...

Poor Sylvie being betrayed that way and she should know her father would not be angry with her...

More JJ

Laura Swiss
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:38 am

Chapter 73 - Slip Of The Tongue
He sighed as he looked at the new piece of Karen's artwork that Carlos had hung in lounge room. An oil painting of his parents holding each as they celebrated a wedding anniversary, done from a photograph and one of her last pieces of work. He knew that because he'd seen the original picture plenty of times.
While he took in the details of that and others, he wondered what she would be drawing and painting now if she was still alive. Would she have painted portraits from sittings or memory, like she had the wedding drawings? Would she have her own little studio or gallery?
"What are you thinking?" He heard Franky's voice behind and whirled round to face and saw that she had Carina in her arms.
"Oh nothing much. Just wondering what would have happened if Karen was still around." Urs shrugged in response. "I was going to ask her to do our portrait once she'd had Carina."
"Oh. That would have been wonderful. Can you watch Carina while BJ sees what she can do to loosen my dress a little? It's Ria's day off."
"No problem. Is there something wrong , angel? You're smile's gone since we arrived."
"Not with me, no. Didn't you notice BJ looked a little upset when we arrived?"
"Not really. I was otherwise occupied." Urs replied with his Cheshire Cat smile as he took hold of Carina.
"Yes, well." Franky coughed, knowing they'd made love the previous evening in her office despite the fact her stomach was bigger than it ever had been with Frank or the twins. She allowed a quick giggle to escape, recalling the stunned look BJ had given her on their arrival, the one that had dropped once Urs had asked where Carlos was and she'd snapped 'Out!' in response. "I'm sure I heard her sniffing when I offered to bring Carina down."
Knowing that Franky had formed a close bond with Barbara-Jean and had her own special way of getting to the root of any problem without prying too deeply, Urs watched her head back upstairs, knowing that Carlos's wife had her sewing machine and sundries set up one of the rooms.
He then turned his attention to Carina who smelled nice and fresh, not like Franky usually did whenever he woke up. He'd hated going into the nursery, opening the door to that foul odour sometimes made him feel like throwing up. He'd often questioned Franky as to what she'd fed him, only to be told he'd had exactly what they'd eaten.
"Then again. It could have been worse if Aunt Franky hadn't had the little window open most of the time." He huffed at a wide-eyed Carina.
He laughed then settled her on a playblanket, taking a seat nearby her. Despite the miriad of toys scattered around, nothing seemed to hold her attention for very long. Then he remembered what he'd read in the books. Children her age didn't have a very long attention span. She'd just pushed a stack of building blocks over and reached for a pull along toy that looke like some sort of bug when he heard Franky's raised voice upstairs.
"He said what?!!!"
"Oh dear. Sounds like your Papa's in for a butt-kicking if Aunt Franky catches up to him." He grimaced at the oblivious toddler he was watching over.
He kept her company for the next ten minutes then lifted her into his arms when Franky came back down, heading for the kitchen. He took a deep breath then followed after her. Whatever had made her yell had certainly worked her ire up, not the full-on explosion he rarely saw, just enough to make her slam things down on the countertop as she set about preparing a drink.
"Let me do that." He asked, taking her arm, guiding her to a seat and placing Carina in what little was left of her lap. "Did you find out what was wrong?"
"BJ's pregnant."
"Oh good. Then why is she so upset?"
"Because of something that.........Spanish.......urgh said to her when she told him." Franky huffed.
"Which was?"
"Is it mine?"
"WAS! Is he nuts or something? She's not even looked at another man that way since she met him, despite the fact she's met several of her favourite stars."
"I know that!" Franky snapped then took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, honey."
"It's okay, angel I just don't understand why he would even think that, never mind say it."
"Neither do I."
"Is there some reason he would think like that in the first place?" Urs asked, setting a mug of tea in front of Franky, taking a seat opposite her after placing Carina in her high chair and giving her some sliced apple that he'd found in the fridge.
"There may be." Franky shrugged. "I can't tell you the full details, Urs because I promised BJ I wouldn't."
Urs nodded in understanding, watched Franky take a mouthful of tea and a deep breath before she began to speak.
"BJ didn't think she would be able to get pregnant without medical intervention. She really didn't see any point in taking a test, but did so because of the way she's been feeling lately. She got the shock of her life when it came out positive. She was so excited and then Carlos brings her crashing down by saying something like that."
"Yeah, not the right thing to say at all. He does know about whatever problem she has?"
"Yes. She told him everything, made him promise never to tell anyone. It took me ages just to get that much out of her."
"And she reacted how?" Urs asked, shaking his head.
"Slapped him hard across the face and told him to F.U.C.K off." Franky replied, spelling the swear word because of Carina, the two of them knowing she could already say one or two in Spanish, thanks to her father. "Then, instead of trying to apologise, he does what she's told him to and speeds off in the car. That was almost five hours ago. Now she's beginning to worry because she hasn't heard anything from him."
"Gott! Not again. I know he's notorious for having a temper, but it doesn't usually take him that long to calm down."
"I know. I don't want her to worry that much she miscarries, Urs. She's been wanting this to happen for so long."
"I know." Urs huffed, retrieved his mobile from his back pocket and dialled the Spaniard's number. "Straight to voicemail." He huffed, placing the handset on the table. "You want to stay until he gets back?"
"Or she hears something from him at the very least." Franky nodded quickly.
"You don't have to stay." Barbara-Jean's voice suddenly broke into the conversation and she handed Franky the adjusted dress with a weak smile. "I'm okay and you have the children to get back to."
"It's not a problem BJ." Urs shook his head, standing to pour her a cup of coffee. "Saskia's taken them all out for the day."
"All of them?! Is she a glutton for punishment or something?"
"Must be." Franky giggled in reply. "She doesn't plan on being back until 6:30pm."
"Oh! Okay. Then I'd appreciate you staying, at least till he decides to show his face or call."
"When's it due?" Urs queried with smile, attempting to lighten the mood.
"If I've got my calculations right, around Christmas time. I'm hoping Christmas Day itself."
"Any special reason?"
"Yeah, Franky." Barbara-Jean nodded. "That was the day of the accident that eventually killed my parents and brother. Don't get me wrong, I've had some wonderful Christmases with my aunt, uncle and cousins. It's just always felt like there was a dark cloud hanging over it. It would be nice to have something joyful to celebrate for once." She finished with a sniff and a startle, quickly whipping her head round when she felt the hands on her shoulders. "You're back then?" She asked, looking sternly at the man who'd entered the house so quietly neither of them had heard him.
"Si. I am sorry for what I said. I should never have thought it, or said it. It was just........considering........you know.........I was just never expecting it to be happening naturally."
"I never said it couldn't did I?"
"No."
"Stupid man." Barbara-Jean shook her head. "I should slap you senseless for doubting me again. Think yourself lucky Mark isn't here, he'd be furious with you."
"I know he would. You know me querida, I sometimes open my mouth without engaging the brains and upset those closest to me. Like I did Franky after her Denver performance."
"What? I thought you were always fine with meeting me."
"I was. Honestly I was and I've told you before that I was attracted to you the moment I saw you." Carlos sighed. "But the next day I felt........the guilty and blamed Franky for what I felt. I didn't believe she'd only introduced us as her way of saying thank you for the encouragement you gave her, despite not knowing her. I swore at her in Spanish and told her to keep her nose out of my love life. Urs almost punched me because he heard most of what I said and understood some of the words I'd used. Franky stopped him, told him to leave me alone and asked him to understand that I was still grieving. She was so sure that I would find the courage to be moving on at some point, though I had the doubts. Believe me I wouldn't have dated you if I'd still had those doubts the next time we saw each other."
"Is what he just said true?" Barbara-Jean asked, looking at Franky and Urs.
"Ja, it is. Neither of is perfect BJ, we've all opened our mouths without engaging brain first. You know that. I did want to hurt him physically when I heard what he said to Franky. As usual she understood what he was feeling and forgave him as soon as he apologised. I'm sure what he said to you was just another of his many slips of the tongue."
"I know it was." Barbara-Jean nodded, sniffing back the tears. "And I should be used to it by now, don't think he's ever going to change in that respect."
"I am here you know." Carlos huffed playfully.
"I know. What am I going to do with you huh? Guess I still have a lot to learn about you hey?" Barbara-Jean asked smiling, her arms linked around Carlos's neck.
"Si. Does this mean I am forgiven?" Carlos asked with a quick cough.
"Of course you are. I love you and only you, knucklehead. I'm sorry for slapping you and telling you to.......well you know?"
"No querida. After what I said, I deserved it. Mark taught you well."
"Yeah he did and don't you forget it. I could have done much worse."
"I know that." Carlos nodded, swallowing hard, his eyes widening despite the smile he wore.
"Where the hell have you been anyway? You don't usually take this long to calm down."
"I know. I would have come home three hours ago. I had turned the car round and was heading back."
"Something happen? I didn't hear the car pulling into the garage." Urs queried though he looked at a calmer Franky.
"You can say this again, Urs." Carlos huffed, sat down, angrilly yanked his shoes and socks off and began massaging his feet. "I had to walk home."
"Why? Car break down or something?"
"Or something. I was........what is the word?........carjocked."
"You mean carjacked."
"Si, Franky. Carjacked. Near the roadworks just outside town." Carlos shook his head then took a deep breath before continuing with the story. "I was stopped at the lights, the next thing I know there is some huge man jumping into the passenger seat and I am being face-to-face with the business end of a gun again. This time I decided no to fight. He ordered me to drive and luckilly the lights had changed. I followed his orders until we were well beyond the 'Devil's Drop'. I don't know how far exactly, but he suddenly ordered me to stop and get out of the car. Then he got out, ordered me to get down on my stomach, my hands behind my head. I thought he was going to shoot me, but the next thing I hear is the car driving off. I am left in the middle of nowhere, decide to start walking home, get lost twice and don't manage to get a lift until I am being on the edge of town. A very nice lady is dropping me off outside."
"Oh God!" Barbara-Jean exclaimed, flinging her arms around Carlos's neck and holding tight despite the fact he didn't smell too good.
"Have you called the police?"
"Is hard to do when my phone is in the car, Urs and every phone box has been.........vandalised is word I think. I wanted to get to Barbara-Jean and apologise for my reaction this morning first anyway. Pass the phone, I will do it now."
"The number is ............" Urs began, only for the dishevelled Spaniard to cut him off.
"I don't need you to be telling me the number. Barbara-Jean programmed all the phones and showed me how to use them."
"About bloody time." Urs returned, making Franky giggle the two of them knowing that David had offered to do what Barbara-Jean had done, Carlos refusing, sure he could figure it out himself.
The call made, Carlos insisted that Franky and Urs stay for something to eat, citing that it had been a long time since just the four of them had shared a meal. With no-one in the mood to cook, he ordered from Barbara-Jean's favourite American takeaway. They'd just polished off doubled glazed ribs served with fries and onion rings and were about to indulge in the cookie dough cheesecake when a loud knock was heard at the front door.
Having showered while waiting for their meal to arrive, Carlos answered and spent the next half an hour telling the police officers what had happened. He returned to the kitchen looking slightly angry and informed Barbara-Jean, Franky and Urs that his car had been found fifty miles away, completely burned out.
"What about the man?"
"Muerte." Carlos shook his head. "Shot himself. His sister's going to be all right though."
"What happened to her?"
"He shot her Urs, when she tried to stop him taking money from her purse to buy drugs."
"Whew!!!"
"Seems I have much to be grateful for today, besides Barbara-Jean being pregnant, no?"
Urs, Franky and Barbara-Jean nodded, their eyes still slightly wide after listening to what the police had told Carlos.
"True I have not the vehicle.........again. But I have not been shot, I have not lost the rare Elvis album Karen gave me for my birthday before she died because I removed it from the car yesterday and.........."
"And what?" Urs questioned, watching a smirk spread across his brother's face.
"And I have not had to endure one of Franky's butt-kickings. I learned my lesson the last time and remember how much they hurt."
Following a few giggles and warning from Franky to Carlos not to hurt her sister again, Urs and Franky left the house, knowing exactly what the other couple would be getting up to once Carina was asleep for the night. They returned to their own home just as Saskia pulled the Odyssey into the drive, Frank quickly getting out and excitedly telling them about the fabulous day he'd had at the Natural History Museum.
With three tired children settled in bed and Saskia and Sylvie practising a complicated piano duet in the music/dance room, Urs and Franky settled down on the couch to watch the DVD Saskia had taken of the daytrip, the two of them looking at each other and smiling after seeing Frank's eyes widen and his mouth gape when he saw the size of one of the dinosaurs. The two of them laughing again when the baby kicked hard, sending the remote control Franky had placed on her stomach flying across the lounge.
Turn the page
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 9:36 am

I am glad Carlos made it back ok but he should have never questioned BJ about the Baby!!

Love hearing about Frank and the other kids and love the way they talk so young..

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:25 am

Chapter 74 - Stable Trouble
"She still hasn't figured out that you're fibbing?" Urs asked, driving the Odyssey down the road to Miranda's stables with Sylvie in the back seat.
"No." Franky giggled in reply. "Do you know when I'm fibbing?"
"Erm..........Nein. Not all the time anyway. Sometimes the way you smile gives me an inkling. Like when Frank had his eye operation. I knew you had something planned, never expected you to let me ride the Thunderbird at motorbike rideout though."
"Really enjoyed that, didn't you?"
"Ja. Getting to see parts of England I would probably never have visited otherwise was fantastic. All those machines in one place, I was like a kid in candyshop."
"I know. I remember." Franky nodded. "We'll have to do that again."
"Ja we will. Different area though." Urs replied, turning the vehicle into the driveway and pulling to a stop at the gate.
He waited patiently while Sylvie left to open the gate, drove through then continued onwards once she was back in her seat. He pulled into a vacant spot and looked to his right as he applied the handbrake.
"I wonder what they're doing here." He stated to Franky after seeing a white van bearing the insignia of a well know British animal welfare charity.
"I have no idea." She shrugged in response, her eyes wide.
Together the threesome headed towards the newly restored office where they found Pearl busy on the telephone. She noticed they were there and smiled as they sat down to wait for her to finish.
"What's going on Pearl?" Urs asked, nodding his head to the wall that vehicles pulled up against, hoping that she understood what he was asking about.
"Someone's reported us for cruelty and neglect."
"What? Who?"
"Don't know, Franky. They're not allowed to say." Pearl shrugged and shook her head. "He's even brought an equine vet with him because the report says the horses are thin and the stables filthy. The inspector himself is in the back pasture with mum, looking for things that could injure them. Not that they'll find anything. No-one's allowed to take a horse out until they've been given a good going over."
"I know they won't find anything." Franky sighed then looked at Sylvie who appeared to be a little upset. "What's wrong sweetheart?"
"Does this mean I'm not going to learn how to jump higher today?" She shrugged in response. "I've been looking forward to this day since we got back from Texas."
"I know you have. I'm sure you will, just be patient."
Sylvie nodded in reply to Franky's request, then returned to listening to her iPod, neither Urs or Franky knowing what she was hearing but knowing that it had to be some sort of dance music judging by the way she bopped around on the chair.
"Looks like you still have a lot of work to do." Urs stated to Pearl after looking around the office and seeing the stable's paperwork still in boxes.
"Yeah, we do. Mum was going to make a start today, but then they showed up. I'm not angry at the fact they're here, I think they do a great job for such little reward. It's just that.....that I hate to see people like that wasting their time."
"I'll give you a hand once they've gone." Franky offered with a smile. "I can't ride in my condition, can I? Urs is going to exercise 'Dancer' and Miranda is supposed to be teaching Sylvie."
"No. Thanks Franky. I appreciate it."
"Anything else bothering you?"
"Not really bothering me." Pearl sighed. "Mum would just like to know who paid for the repairs. Mum's asked the guys who did the work, but they're keeping schtum. Won't say a word. You got any idea?"
"Me?! No." Franky denied with a headshake. "Not a clue. I'm just glad it's done."
"Mmmn. I guess I'll just have to persuade mum to think the same, which is going to be next to impossible. You know how stubborn she can be. I mean how many times did she refuse to let you pay for the repairs to 'Dancer's' stable."
"Erm.....I lost count."
A few minutes of giggling followed, only to be stopped by Miranda coming into the office accompanied by the inspector and the vet. Her head shaking as she looked around though a smile soon lit up her face when she saw Franky and the concerned look she had on her face.
"Nothing to worry about. They're perfectly happy with the conditions and the state of the horses. Especially 'Dancer'." Miranda informed, pouring mugs of tea for those who wanted them.
"Why 'Dancer' in particular?" Urs queried, his eyes widening.
"The report we received said a white horse was in the worst condition and since he's the only one of that colour here, obviously he's the horse in question. Unless you know of another one that's not here." The inspector shrugged, taking the mug Miranda offered him.
"Nein, I don't. 'Dancer' is the only horse of that colour here. Has been since I started coming here. Miranda has nothing to hide."
"Whoa! I'm sorry if you thought I was implying that she wasn't being truthful. Mr Rogers and I both satisfied that it was a maliscious complaint. Those animals are some of the best specimins we've ever seen. Aren't they Jaden?"
"Huh? Oh yes. Yes, they are." The young vet smiled and nodded once he'd turned his attention away from a blushing Pearl. "Unlike those three we rescued yesterday." Jaden shuddered.
"Hmmn. They could really do with someone to take responsibility for them until they're back to their proper bodyweight." The inspector sighed, shaking his head.
"Hang on a minute!!" Miranda exclaimed, catching the furtive look that passed between the two men. "Is this some sort of attempt to get me to take them?"
"Well, you can't blame us for trying. You do have room to accomodate them, three empty stables."
"Only because those horses were privately owned and have been sold recently."
"And you have done it before." Franky butted in, smiling at Miranda. "Remember what 'Ascaris' was like when you found him?"
"I remember." Miranda nodded with her eyes closed. "Virtually nothing but skin stretched over bone. I didn't think he would make it when I saw him, neither did my vet. And it wasn't all down to me that he got well again was it Franky? I still remember those first three days you spent with him, encouraging him to eat."
"And I only did so because your three girls had the measles."
"Of course you did." Miranda laughed and shook her head. "That horse loved you from the moment you walked into the stable and you felt the same. Don't even try to deny it." She paused to huff out a breath and think for a few minutes. "Okay, let's say I agree. The financial burden is going to be on me right?"
"Unless you can find someone to sponsor them, I'm afraid so."
"We'll do it." Urs informed following a quick look at Franky, stifling a laugh when Miranda looked at him wide-eyed and mouth gaping.
"Okay. Seems that's settled, so long as my manager agrees." Randolph Morton nodded. "I'll be in touch once he's read my report. Can't see there being a problem though."
Randolph and Jaden departed shortly after that, Jaden giving Pearl a wink and a wave before he disappeared making her blush again. Everyone in the office knowing that there was an obvious attraction between the two of them and somehow knowing the vet would become a fixture around the stables, though not in relation to his profession.
"Any idea who reported you, Miranda?" Urs asked once the two of them and Sylvie had left the office.
"The only two people I can think of are Gordon Baxter, he hates being beaten in competition, especially by a woman, but that was months ago. Sometimes I wish I'd never taught him to ride. Bloody asshole!!" Miranda huffed then rolled her eyes backwards. "The only other person I can think of is that fella that showed up with his son the other week, wanting him to ride 'Dancer' and offering me huge amounts of money when I said he couldn't 'cos he's not mine to hire out."
"Hmmn. I remember." Urs nodded. "He wasn't impressed when I showed up and took him out. His son was too small to ride 'Dancer' anyway."
"I know. I wasn't that bothered when he said he was going elsewhere, but if he's the one who's reported me..........then I'm pissed. In almost forty years of running these stables, never have I had my care questioned. Sorry. I've just had too much to deal with recently."
"It's okay. I'd be pissed too." Urs shook his head, glancing at Miranda while he worked at unlocking the padlock that secured the lower half of 'Dancer's' stable door.
"Hmmmn. Guess I'll just have to accept that I'll never know who did it, just like I have with regard to who paid for the repairs. You're sure you don't know who paid those bills?"
"Nein I don't know. I was there each and every time you turned Franky down, don't know anyone else who'd want to take responsibility."
"I guess." Miranda shrugged. "You did tell her about that fella didn't you? Like you said you would?"
"Ja, of course I did. You should have seen her face when I told her what he called me after I'd refused to take the money he offered to buy 'Dancer'. Gott help him if she ever finds out who he is."
"Oooh don't. Franky's verbal butt kicking's hurt." Miranda laughed and shook her head. "Anyway, I'll let you get on with giving 'Dancer' a good workout while I teach Sylvie. You taking him anywhere special?"
"Brock's Cove, so long as he's going to behave himself for me." Urs replied, looking directly at the white gelding who seemed to glare at him for a moment or two before nodding his head enthusiastically.
Miranda nodded then left him alone to tack 'Dancer' up. He got that done without any fuss and was soon riding him out of the stableyard at a trot. He saw Franky standing at the office doorway and gave her a wave then turned his attention to where Sylvie was busy taking 'Quickstep' over a couple of small jumps. Beaming with pride, he rode Franky's horse down to the track that would take him in the direction of 'Brock's Cove' and let him have his head once they were on it.
He wasn't sure exactly how much time had passed when he returned, but both he and 'Dancer' were quite breathless as they walked into the stableyard. Once he'd removed the riding equipment and had done everything else he needed to do to keep the animal comfortable, he secured the stable door and headed back to the office, arriving just in time to find Franky and Pearl putting the final file in the new cabinets.
During the drive home he and Franky listened to Sylvie saying how excited she was to be jumping fences now and wondering if she would ever have a horse of her own. Much as she loved 'Quickstep', they knew it wouldn't be very long before she outgrew him and 'Sharontos' was the next step up for her. They looked at each other and shook their heads, knowing that the mare needed someone with a lot more experience than Sylvie had and decided to think about finding something more suitable for her to ride.
Almost a month later, their search came to an end with the arrival of two of the three horses Randolph had rescued. A pinto named 'Crackerjack' had bonded with a sniffling Sylvie as soon as they'd seen each other and she called the stables every morning and evening that she couldn't be there, wanting to make sure he was eating well and was putting weight on. Franky and himself settling on giving the horse to her for her birthday once he was well.
'Serendipity' had taken a fancy to 'Sharantos' and the two became virtually inseperable, the palamino having a calming influence on her, despite his smaller size. The third horse, a flea bitten grey stallion named 'Alfie' having been given a home by Jaden, making a quicker recovery than the other two due to the fact he wasn't so emaciated as them. Urs and Franky always seeing Jaden and Pearl riding side-by-side once 'Alfie' had become used to wearing a saddle and having someone on his back.
Turn the page.
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:47 pm

I gather no matter what Franky says she paid for the repairs..

Good to know nothing was found by the men and that Dancer was fine and the stables were in great condition..

Wonderful Present for Sylvie her own horse named Crackerjack..

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
demonheart
Admin
Admin

Snake

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:17 am

Chapter 75 - The Forgotten Nude
"Is it me or have you two been arguing? There is much tension between you and Franky tonight." Urs heard Carlos questioning from his left side while he watched Barbara-Jean heading up the garden to find a seat. "You're not happy with the barbeque?"
"The barbeque is fine, it's not like it's a milestone birthday" Urs snapped in response. "It's your fault we've argued.....partly anyway."
"Sorry Urs. I can't remember what I've done wrong." Carlos shrugged after a few moments thought.
"Of course you can't."
"Oh ignore him Carlos. It's not your fault the man I married is a prude and can't appreciate good artwork when he sees it." Franky instructed heading for where David and Sebastien were busy cooking, shooting Urs an angry look as she went.
"I am not a prude!"
"Really? Looks like it from where I'm standing."
"It wouldn't bother me so much if you'd told me."
"I told you, I forgot about it over the years."
"You never forget anything."
Franky grumbled something uncomprehendible then turned her attention to getting the children what they wanted to eat. Her back to him, she looked at Lauren then leaned into her ear to whisper, which she seemed to do for a long time. He saw Lauren nod near the beginning and watched her shake her head as Franky finished.
"Tell me you didn't take a look." Urs demanded, his attention back on Carlos.
"At what?"
"The picture Carlos. The painting."
"You mean the one I gave you this morning? The one Gloria found hidden at the back of her wardrobe?"
"Ja. That one."
"No. She told me not to. I admit I was curious when she said you should have it and warned me not to even think of taking the look. No I didn't look. Why?"
"Because Franky wants to frame it and hang it in the en-suite."
"What's so wrong with that? You know she loved Karen's work."
"It's not that I don't appreciate her work either. It's the subject matter and the fact that Franky never told me."
"I am not getting this conversation at all. You have the complete losing of me Urs."
"He's sulking........" Franky's voice began, standing in front of the two men.
"I don't sulk." Urs hissed, his arms folded and eyes narrowed.
"Doing a very good impression of it right now then, aren't you?!" Franky snapped back, glaring at him before turning her attention back to Carlos. "Él está enfadado porque la pintura es un desnudo, de mí. Karen lo hizo poco antes de irse a Australia. No creo que se olvidó de él durante años, cree que deberían avergonzarse y ocultar lejos en el ático."
"Hey! That's not fair. Speaking in Spanish when you know I don't speak it fluently."
"And neither is muttering and saying you don't believe me in Swiss-German once you'd shown me."
Urs huffed then stormed into the house, heading up to their bedroom, retrieving the tube from the top of his wardrobe and laying the large piece of artwork on the bed. His eyes taking in every detail of a naked Franky reclining across Satin drapes, her hair all pulled over to the left, running down her left side to end just above her hip, the Satin flowing between her legs, hiding what lay beneath. A relaxed look on her face, eyes sparkling as usual and her mouth slightly open.
He sighed, admitting to himself that he did like it and it would look fantastic framed and hung where Franky had suggested. He simply had a problem with the fact she'd never, ever mentioned it being done. He blinked rapidly, regretting snapping at her that she should be ashamed for posing and yelling that he didn't believe she'd forgotten about doing so.
"Not even interested when I posed?" He heard Franky questioning from the bedroom doorway and snapped his head up to meet her still angry face. "If you are, try turning the damned thing over."
Knowing that Karen always dated her work on the back of a canvas with a start and finish date, he turned it over and found the dates in the top left corner. His eyes closed when he saw that it had been completed two days before Karen left for Australia.
"I'm sorry."
"For what exactly? I don't see why I should be ashamed you know?"
"No, you shouldn't." Urs shook his head, walking towards her, lowering it for a second or two. "And I should have let you explain rather than stropping like I did."
"And?" Franky asked, her eyes wide open.
"And for thinking that Carlos had shown David and Sebastien before giving it to me. I should know him better than that by now."
"Yes you should. As usual, he's not showing how hurt he is, but you've upset him too."
"I suppose I have." Urs nodded, watching Franky push past him to head for the bed. "And I'm sorry for spoiling the party."
"You haven't managed to spoil that. How come you have a problem with this one, but not the one Carlos has?"
"Well firstly I don't know the guy in that painting and secondly it's ........I am being ridiculous, it's not like they're pornagraphic poses. They're both very tastefully done."
"Yes they are. And you do know the guy in Carlos's painting."
"No, I don't."
"Yes you do, not very well, but you do know him."
"I don't, Franky. I'm very good with putting names to fa.........." He stopped short because she'd pressed her fingers to his lips.
"I know that. That guy is Peyton."
"Nooooooooo!" Urs giggled. "Does Paulette know he posed?"
"Of course she does. He still poses at an art college near their home, she's very proud of him and his body."
"Oh right."
"Anyway, everyone's decided to ignore your behaviour, they're having a great time. David and Sebastien are still arguing over who should cook what."
"I knew it was a big mistake buying a barbeque big enough for two people to cook at."
"Hopefully next time we have one your mother can make it. She'd soon sort them out."
Urs huffed a laugh at Franky's statement then nodded his head, knowing that she wouldn't put up with the back and forth bickering between the Frenchman and the American. An image quickly formed in his head, her assigning them their duties, keeping a careful watch on them and Lord help them if they stepped out of line.
"What are you doing?" He asked, seeing Franky carefully rolling the canvas, about to return it to its battered, thick cardboard tube.
"Putting it somewhere safe."
"Until we can get it framed right?"
"Don't have to." Franky shrugged slowly.
Urs rolled his head on his neck, sighed then moved to stand behind her, turning her around quickly and wrapping his arms around her waist as she raised her face to meet his.
"I want to. It will look great where you suggested. No-one but the two of us use that room. I was just being silly and selfish, and.........."
"And what?"
"Prudish." Urs nodded. "I was just wondering what I was going to say to my mother if she ever saw it."
"I don't think she'd give a damn." Franky smiled and shook her head. "The last time we were over there, she showed me some new pieces she's bought, one's a full frontal male nude. She even told me where she planned to hang it. I can't wait to see your face when you see it."
"Why?" Urs asked with a hard swallow.
"Think along the lines of that male nude Carlos has hanging at the top of the stairs. You're mother has something similar, twice the size mind and she's planning on hanging it in the lounge above the fireplace."
"You're kidding?!"
"No." Franky replied with no hint in her eyes that she was kidding, no quick eyebrow raise or quick smirk.
Urs swallowed hard knowing that the one Carlos had in his home measured a metre by three quarters of a metre and almost every detail of the reclining man could be seen from the bottom of the stairs. He felt his face redden, wondering what the one his mother had purchased looked like and if he would be able to look at it.
"Oh God! You are still so easy to wind up." Franky suddenly cracked up laughing and spent the next few moments doing so. "She has bought one, but it's small, no bigger than a postcard and it's going in her workroom."
Tongue firmly planted in his cheek, Urs shook his laughing head then kissed her firmly, apologising once again for his attitude and telling her she was in trouble as he pulled back.
"You do have another apology to make."
Urs nodded, took Franky by the hand and ran back downstairs with her where he explained why he'd been a like he had to Carlos, who shook his head then punched him playfully on the shoulder.
"And be in the big trouble with Gloria if I had? Her I am the more scared of than Franky. Amigo, I tell you Franky's temper is nada compared to Gloria's."
"How do you know that?"
"Never mind." Carlos replied, nodding towards Franky who was stepping out onto the decking with a birthday cake in her hands.
"Why do I get the funny feeling we weren't the only ones to kick your butt when Karen died?"
"That, hermano is mine for the knowing, no yours."
Knowing that Carlos wouldn't say anything more on the subject, not matter how much he prodded, Urs moved to where Franky had set the cake down and grinned at her when saw the 'Harley Davidson' symbol decorating the top and listened to her inform that even the motorbike was edible.
"It's made from modelling chocolate."
"Thanks Lauren." He smiled, cutting into the confection once everyone had sung Happy Birthday to him.
"What are you thanking me for? I only decorated it. Franky made the cake itself." She replied, taking the plate he handed her, spending a few seconds looking at the three layered chocolate sponge before taking a mouthful and nodding her approval.
Urs looked at Franky, saw her smile and mouthed his thanks then continued to hand out cake to all his guests after removing the motorcycle and setting it aside. His eyes rolling backwards when he heard Sebastien complain that Emma's piece was bigger than his, watching her exchange plates with an eyeroll and headshake.
Wondering where Franky had gone once everyone was settled, he headed into the kitchen with two pieces of the cake and the motorcycle. He found her in the kitchen, filling the dishwasher she very rarely used and setting it in motion. Grinning, he set the plates on the countertop then placed the back end of the motorcylce into his mouth and watched Franky's face redden as she took the front end into hers. Their mouths quickly becoming engaged in some very passionate kissing until Frank came into the kitchen on his way to the bathroom and they heard his exclamation.
"Ewwww! Gross."
Urs and Franky looked at each other once the door had closed behind their son then fell into a fit of giggles when they saw each mouths and chins covered in chocolate. They cleaned each other up and returned to the barbeque, still giggling like naughty schoolchildren.
Turn the page.

Last edited by demonheart on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Contessa
Admin
Admin
Contessa

Goat

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:46 am

Awwwwwww Urs should be proud of Franky posing and that the painting was given to him..

Franky really has a lot of people interested in her..

Carlos butt kicking from mother in law not surprising..

More JJ

Laura
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In The Arms Of My Angel    In The Arms Of My Angel  - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

In The Arms Of My Angel
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next