Eternita Il Divo Fan Fics Library & Assorted Info
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fics Library Site Il Divo

PORTALHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
New World Tour Dates W/ Steven LaBrie Guest Singer
Latin Countries around the World till Oct 2022
The Guys Are On A Month Break. They Start Back On June 25, 2022 In Valencia, Spain
Saturday December 3rd UK Christmas Concerts Began. Ending December 16th In London, UK.
New USA Dates in AUG_SEPT, 2022 Look for Updates

Waking Up in Vegas

Go down 
+2
Contessa
lynnealovesurs
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Natty

Natty

Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THAT GIRL!!!! Mad Mad Mad

I thought she loved Urs! I'm confused! Question Question
Back to top Go down
lynnealovesurs

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Chapter 19

Brittni, Sony, and Cyd came to the house at eight to help Lynnea ready herself and Geneva for the wedding. Lynnea put Gen in her little flower girl dress and put her blonde curls into two little piggy-tails.

“Okay! It’s time for Lynnea to become a princess!” Cyd yelled coming in the door.

“I’ve got the dress,” added Sony.

“I’ll do the nails!” chimed in Brittni.

Geneva sat in her playpen and giggled as the women fussed over Lynnea.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Urs stood in his backyard in front of the white chairs and the archway that had been set up for the wedding. It was perfect late spring day. The blue sky was full of fluffy white clouds and the sun shone brightly warming the air. Urs chocolate colored suit with cream pin stripes. David came and stood next to him in his best suit. No special suits or dresses had been picked for the groomsmen or bridesmaids as much as Urs had tried to convince Lynnea that nothing was too expensive or too extravagant.

David spoke, “How are you feeling?”

“I don’t know. She doesn’t love me David. Are we doing the right thing in getting married?”

“Well think about this, for years and years and years people got married without even knowing each other before their wedding day and that was accepted. Now maybe I’ve seen too many movies, but those marriages seem to work out for the best. There’s a mutual respect that evolves into a love, maybe not a romantic love, but an appreciation kind of love. It’s clear that Lynnea already feels that for you and I think that it will continue to grow and evolve.”

“So you do think this is the right thing?”

“Yes. No doubt.”

“Okay, then let’s do this,” Urs concluded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The small group of guests was in their seats and the violin and cello players were playing the prelude music. Urs took his spot at the front David stood next to him, then Carlos, then Sebastien. Cydalia came walking through the grass and to the gathering. Urs saw Carlos wink at her as she approached. Next came Sony; David’s smile grew exponentially at the sight of her. Lynnea’s maid of honor, Brittni, then came. Unknown to Urs and the rest of the group, Sebastien was feeling the same feelings of love for Brittni that Carlos and David had shown for Cyd and Sony. A new, sparkling gift was waiting at the bottom of Sebastien’s pocket for later in the evening when he got a moment alone with her.

The guests rose as they knew the bride would be next. Urs saw Ruthie holding her hankie to her eye while holding Geneva in the other arm. The standing guests hid the sight of Lynnea until she turned to walk down the aisle. Urs’ breath caught in his throat as he saw her walk towards him.

Her hair glistened in the sun and her skin seemed to radiate in her cream knee-length gown. Geneva squealed at the sight of her mother and Lynnea caressed her cheek as she passed her. Then she took Urs’ hand and then a deep breath-ready to become his wife.

The minister gave an opening prayer then Carlos sang a solo of The Lord’s Prayer. Lynnea had opted for the traditional vows instead of writing her own; she knew she could never express the hurricane of feelings that she felt for Urs. The two exchanged their vows then they’re silver wedding bands. Then Urs surprised her by saying that he’d like to sing a song that he had written for the day.

Lynnea’s Song
If the day I met you hadn’t happened
If all we shared just wasn’t there
If I didn’t know you’re sweet laughter
I’d be a poorer man by far

If we hadn’t shared these days together
If you’re sunny face wasn’t in my life
Then all I am would be fairy tale
But today you’ll be my wife

And I promise you comfort
I promise you care
I promise you shelter, a place to call home
But most of all I promise you love

If tomorrow I woke to find this a dream
If I learned that you had never been
Then I’d know I’d give up searching
Because me without you is no more than a sin

And I promise you comfort
I promise you care
I promise you shelter, a place to call home
But most of all I promise you love

Tears streamed down Lynnea’s cheeks as Urs sang. He returned to her and she smiled to him as lovingly as she could and squeezed his hands in hers. The rest of the words from the minister were lost on Urs, all he could see was Lynnea and all he could hear were the birds in the trees. He did however hear the reverend say “you may now kiss the bride.” Urs placed his finger under her chin and tipped her head up to his own, placing his lips on his.

He let his lips linger there as long as he could. Eventually she did pull away as the crowd cheered.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Urs Buhler,” with that the violin started up again and Lynnea and Urs strode down the aisle.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lynnea was feasting upon the fabulous appetizers that Ruthie had made for the reception luncheon. She had hardly even talked to Urs since the ceremony was over and she hoped that none of the guests picked up on that. Lynnea refilled her punch glass as Simon came towards her. He embraced her.

“Congratulations, Lynnea.”

“Thank you so much, Simon.”

“I know you’ll be very happy, dear.”

“Thank you Simon, I’m sure I will be.”

“Where are you headed out to? And when can I expect my tenor back for rehearsals?”

“Oh, we’re not going anywhere.”

“No honeymoon? Won’t you be celebrating this at all?”

“Um….not really,” Lynnea answered awkwardly.

Simon hesitated but then went on, “Well David told me that Urs would be gone-”

Suddenly David and Sony came up to Simon and Lynnea and interrupted them. “Hey, guys! What is up?” David spoke loudly.

“I was just having a small misunderstanding. Didn’t you say that Urs and Lynnea were leaving tonight?”

“Yeah about that….” David took Simon by the arm and led him away from Lynnea.

“Sony, what was that about?” Lynnea asked.

“I have no idea,” she answered, obviously lying.

“Sony, tell me now!”

“Just ignore it; I’m sure it’s nothing.”

Lynnea wouldn’t let it go and she kept her ears open for the rest of the reception.
Back to top Go down
lynnealovesurs

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:25 pm

P.S. Ladies, I'm so glad that you're still reading my story and I'm sorry that Lynnea is such an idiot! I know that I wouldn't be hesitating to marry Urs Buhler! Haha!
Back to top Go down
sebbygirl

sebbygirl

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 10:35 pm

I sure am still reading your story Lynnea... and if you need any help in setting this girl straight, I think you have a few readers who would like to slap some sense into her..... or trade places with her. Wink Wink

Rosemary
Back to top Go down
Natty

Natty

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:19 pm

I'll leave the slapping of Lynnea to someone else but I will be more than happy to take her place and marry URS!!! Wink I love you I love you

Great chapter!!
Back to top Go down
lynnealovesurs

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:17 am

Ladies, please don't hurt me Wink I promise that you'll love this chapter, but don't get too comfortable because there's still more drama coming!

Chapter 20

“No! I won’t go!” Lynnea stood her ground.

David put his hand to his head. He and the other groomsmen and bridesmaids had just spilled the news that they’d booked Urs and Lynnea a honeymoon in Hawaii for the next two weeks.

“We’ve already paid for it,” Carlos commented, pleading with her to reconsider.

“Well whose fault is that? We said we didn’t want a honeymoon,” Lynnea countered.

“You said that….” Urs added very softly.

Lynnea turned to glare at him, angry that he didn’t back her up. “You agreed to no honeymoon,” she reminded him.

“Because you didn’t want one, I never said I didn’t want one.”

Lynnea held her tongue to that. She turned back to David, “Two weeks is far too long to be away. I can’t leave Geneva that long.”

Brittni answered this time, “Ruthie is fabulous with her, like a grandmother. Geneva will be fine.”

“And she’s already past breastfeeding,” Cyd added.

Lynnea opened her mouth to refuse again, but the truth was, she was running out of excuses.

David spoke again, “Lynnea if you too don’t get ready and go on some trip right now all those guests out there will be confused and you know that at least one of them will leak something to a newspaper. You have to go.”

“…….Fine,” Lynnea finally agreed. “But only two weeks.”

“Of course,” Sebastien reassured her. “You even have separate rooms at the hotel, like you do here.”

“Okay. I suppose it will be nice to get away.”

“Exactly!” They all agreed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lynnea and Urs checked into a luxury motel along a beach on one of the small islands of Hawaii. Both of them had gotten honeymoon specialty rooms, but they were on opposite ends of the very long motel. A long side walk between the motel and the ocean ran along the entire length of the motel. Apart from meeting each other for some meals and seeing a few evening performances together, Lynnea and Urs had a week of almost solitary vacations.

But both were extremely unhappy.

Urs took long runs down the beach to kill time and think about the woman who was his wife but didn’t love him. He longed to go to her, to take her in his arms and to kiss her with all that he had. He imagined that suddenly that would spark a love in her, but the courage to act on his imaginings never came. He looked forward to the times he saw her, but then they were over with nothing changed. Urs wondered if this life would be worth it.

Lynnea went to the spa and masseuse hoping that somehow they could take her confusion from her, but the feelings always came back. She felt the longing for the touch of her now husband, but also that she was betraying him and to give in to her lustful desires would be only selfishness.

Now, Lynnea only felt regret.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

One evening Urs and Lynnea had met and gone to a nice dinner. Lynnea wore a new dress that she’d bought along the shore, and had probably paid far too much for since she didn’t know how to barter. The dress was the same color blue as the ocean at sunset and as she and Urs walked to their room along the beach Urs suddenly felt the courage to act on his feelings.

He grabbed Lynnea’s hand in his. She tried to pull her hand away, but he held on to it. She seemed to give in and let her hand stay in his and they walked. They came to a patch of rocks and sat looking out at the sun setting over the ocean.

Urs moved his hand that was in Lynnea’s to around her waist; she fidgeted, but eventually let his arm stay there. They sat there in silence until Urs leaned in and whispered in Lynnea’s ear, “I haven’t kissed you since our wedding day.”

Lynnea pulled away at that, “Urs don’t….”

“Lynnea, I love you.”

“I know! I mean….you told me. I just can’t Urs, I can’t.” Lynnea stood from her place next to Urs on the rock.

“Lynnea, yes you can. Why are you afraid?” Urs stood as well trying to take her in his arms again.

“Urs no, this is such a lie! This honeymoon, this marriage, all of it!” Tears broke Lynnea’s voice.

“It doesn’t have to be! Lynnea, we’re married and you don’t’ have to stay away.”

Lynnea couldn’t answer from the crying.

Urs walked to her and wrapped her in his arms. “Don’t cry,” he murmured, but Lynnea continued to sob into his chest. Urs looked down into her teary eyes then kissed her.

He pulled her waist into his and placed a hand behind her hair. He felt Lynnea give in to the kiss and felt her hand travel up his chest. He deepened the kiss, pulling her even closer.

They kissed there in the now rising moonlight until Lynnea broke away, still with tears in her eyes. She backed away shaking her head then turned and ran back to her suite.

Urs sank back to the rock and watched the sun set alone.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lynnea fell asleep right after leaving Urs but awoke only an hour later. She changed out of her dress and into a tank top and tight sweats.

She turned on the TV and flipped through the channels, but nothing was on. She looked through the room service menu but decided she wasn’t hungry. She grabbed the phone to call someone but in America it was the middle of the night and in Europe it was early morning. Finally she decided to go for a walk; she grabbed a light wrap to keep out the ocean breezes.

Lynnea went down her steps and directly to the beach. She walked slowly pressing her feet down into the sand, feeling every grain between her toes. She wandered down to the water and waded in it. The water was cold and she went up to the boardwalk that lined the entire motel. She started walking down the boardwalk. She didn’t have any place that she was going, but just let her feet and her heart lead her.

She kept walking adjacent to the long motel. She came to a stop and leaned against the wood railing, looking out at the sea again. She took a deep breath of the salty air and wished she could sail away on the water forever.

A gush of wind blew across the beach and Lynnea pulled her wrap closer to her. She stood up again and looked around her. She realized she was just about as far away from her room as she could get, but also that she happened to be right outside Urs’ room. She looked around for a sign of anyone else, but the beach and the boardwalk were completely deserted.

Lynnea stepped up the door, not exactly knowing why. Lynnea suddenly felt a massive desire for Urs. She longed to be held in his arms and to give herself to him as a wife gives herself to her husband. Her hand went up to knock on the door, but then she caught herself. ‘What am I doing?’ she asked herself. She pulled her arm away and turned away from the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Urs had gone back to his room when the sun had gone below the horizon and had taken a long, cold shower. He had longed for Lynnea, but she had rejected him once again. After his shower, he’d thrown on a pair of pajama pants and gone to bed.

Urs woke up, however, less than two hours later with a strange feeling. He tried to ignore it, but something was telling him to get up. He swung his legs out bed and switched on the lamp by his bed. He wandered down the hallway and towards that door to his room. Still not knowing what led him he opened the door. He peered out and saw Lynnea standing there.

“Lynnea,” he spoke.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lynnea heard the door open behind her and froze. She had not expected Urs to be up or to come to the door. She heard him speak her name and turned to look at him. She could tell that he had been in bed because his hair wasn’t coiffed as it usually was and he stood in the doorway in just a pair of silver-grey pants. She tried not to gawk at his tan, toned chest, but her yearning for him was only growing.

She looked back up into his enchanting eyes to find that he was gazing down at her with the same look of craving in his eyes. Those eyes pushed her over the edge. She crossed the boardwalk to him and linked her arms around his neck and kissed him with all that she had.

Any surprise that Urs felt didn’t show because he slinked his arms around her waist and channeled all his passion to her in that kiss. He pulled away for just a moment to ask her what she was here for. He didn’t need to speak because he saw the answer in her eyes.

Urs shut the door behind Lynnea and kissed her again. She broke her grasp at his neck to shrug off her wrap. It dropped at her feet and was left by the door as Urs picked Lynnea up and carried her back to the bedroom, never breaking their kiss.

They now stood next to the bed still wrapped up in each other. Urs’ fingers trailed down Lynnea’s spine then slipped under the hem of her top. Lynnea helped him to remove it and then her pants and finally his. They gazed at each other for just a moment before dropping down to the bed and finally consummating their marriage.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

After they fulfilled their desires for each other, Urs wrapped his arms around Lynnea, their bodies curved together, and they fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
Natty

Natty

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Well it is about bloody time!!!! Going to his door was the first sensible thing Lynnea did in a long time!!!

More soon please!!!
Back to top Go down
sebbygirl

sebbygirl

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 7:12 pm

Does Urs have to hog tie her to make her stay????? I sure hope not...but she has been acting so strange
I just don't trust her anymore.

I know it sounds harsh.. but I just wish he had not married her.

Rosemary
Back to top Go down
lynnealovesurs

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 8:35 pm

I'm so sorry to have caused such feelings about Lynnea. I promise that it all ends well Smile Maybe I got a little too carried away with her pushing him away.

Chapter 21-An update with the other members of Il Divo

~Carlos and Cyd~

Cydalia was about six months along in her pregnancy when she began to have stomach pains. The first few days she tried to ignore them thinking they were just typical things that come with carrying a baby, but after three days she told Carlos.

“Darling, that doesn’t sound normal,” he answered. “I’ll call your doctor and we’ll go right in.”

Carlos drove to the hospital a little faster than he normally would, but he refused to tell Cyd that he was nervous.

They got to the doctor’s office and an ultrasound machine was set up to look at the baby to see if they could find a problem. The doctor “hmmed” and “ahhed” as he worked causing Carlos and Cyd to get more nervous with every second. Finally Carlos couldn’t take it anymore.

“Doctor, what is it?” he demanded.

“It’s twins!” he admitted to them.

“Twins!” Cydalia exclaimed taking Carlos hand and kissing him when he leaned in. They were both very excited.

“But what’s all this pain about then?” Carlos asked.

“The babies seem to be growing very, very fast,” the doctor told them. “Usually with twins, they tend to be smaller and premature, but these boys are very healthy and causing you pain because they’re taking up so much space so soon. You’re body just can’t expand fast enough.”

Cyd rolled her eyes, “Are you sure that’s the problem? I seem to be expanding a lot every day!”

Carlos didn’t hear what Cyd had said but was caught on what the doctor had said. “I’m sorry, did you say boys?”

“Yes. The babies are both boys.”

Carlos’s eyes welled up with tears of joy, he was going to have two sons in only three months, or sooner if they kept growing at this rate.

“What can I do to stop the pain then?” Cydalia asked.

“Limit your movement. You may even have to be on bed rest if things worsen, but I assure you that everything will be all right. The babies are healthy; they’re just big.”

Carlos laughed, “Those are my big, healthy boys.”

Cyd rolled her eyes again, “You never can be subtle, can you?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Sebastien and Brittni~

Brittni and Sebastien sat on the couch in Sebastien’s hotel room. There was a movie playing on the television, but neither was paying much attention to it. They were talking, mostly about Brittni’s leaving the next morning.
“I don’t want to go either, but I’m out of vacation days and if I miss more I’ll lost my job,” Brittni explained.
“But don’t you hate that job?” Sebastien asked.

“I don’t hate my job; I love the people that I meant and I love speaking the other languages. I just hate the hours…and my boss…and the crappy pay.”

“Then why are you afraid of losing the job?”

“Because I don’t want to worry about trying to find another job and even though it doesn’t pay much, it pays enough to get by.”

“So you don’t like your job, but you’re not going to leave?”

“…Correct.”

“Even if it means that you can’t come visit me in Paris, nor come with me on tours?” Sebastien was trying to guilt her a bit.

“Sebastien, please don’t start that.”

“I’m sorry, my love,” he apologized giving a quick peck on the lips. “I just wish you were more happy with what you do, and also that we could be closer.”

“I know; I wish that too.”

“So, if you were to be offered a job that involved using your language skills and meeting new people and it paid more and it got you closer to me, would you take it?”

“Seb, really let’s not talk about this. Let’s just go get some dinner and have a nice quiet, romantic night before I leave tomorrow.”

“No, Brittni, just answer. If you found something better would you take it?”

Brittni sighed, “Yes, yes I would. But I’m not going to find something tonight, now am I. Can we just be happy now?”

“Yes, of course.” They kissed again and then prepared to go out to dinner.

~The next morning~

Brittni had all her bags packed and Seb helped her pack them into a cab. Brittni leaned up to tell the cabbie to take them to the airport, but Seb interrupted.

“No, actually we need to make a stop at the studio. 30th and Rosemary, please.”

“Seb what are you doing? I need to get going.”

“It will just be a minute darling; Simon is in town and wanted to see you before you go.”

“Simon? I hardly know him; why would he want to say goodbye?”

“I don’t know. I just told him we’d stop in.”

The taxi stopped at the building and Sebastien and Brittni ran in while the cab waited. Seb knocked at his office door and they went in. Simon swiveled in his chair to face them.

“Hello Ms. Kelly. I understand you traveling back home today.”

“Yes,” answered Brittni, becoming suspicious.

“Well, I am sorry to see you go. I just wanted to tell you before you go that our tour scheduler and management relations worker is leaving in two weeks. I received your resume and it seems that you have the required skills for the job.”

“Wait, your received my resume? Who gave you that?” Brittni eyed Sebastien who was pretending to not pay attention.

“I’m not sure. I found it on my desk and assumed that you’d submitted it. I’m sorry, does that mean you’re not looking for another job.”

“No, I’m interested. Please tell me more,” she replied hastily.

“Well the job involves setting up tour sites managing the group and the crew as they travel. It requires some language skill as Il Divo is international and people skills. We will pay for the programs for you to learn any languages that do not already have proficiency in.”

“And…that’s it? You’re just going to offer me the job?”

Simon hesitated. “Yes, I’m prepared to offer it to you today even. I think that you will be a good addition to our team and I’m sure that everyone will be more than glad to have you around.”

Brittni looked at Sebastien again; he was now thoroughly engrossed in looking at the plastic leaves on the decorative tree in the corner. She smiled to herself.

“I’ll take it,” she said.

“Excellent,” Simon smiled. “I’ll draw up the papers and they’ll be ready tomorrow.”

They shook hands then Brittni and Sebastien left the office and got back to the taxi.

The cabbie looked in the rear-view mirror, “to the airport now, ma’am?”

“Nope, back to the hotel, please,” she answered. She took Seb’s hand and squeezed it. He winked at her then they shared a kiss as they traveled down the busy street.”

~David and Sony~

David and Sony were wandering through Central Park as they did most lazy Sunday afternoons. They just walked hand in hand taking in the amazing colors of the trees and the hilarious antics of people that they passed.

David led Sony down a path that Sony didn’t recognize.

“Where are we going now?” She asked.

“Just follow me,” he answered.

They went down a winding path and came to a clearing where there were wooden chairs set up facing a large alter of flowers.

“What’s all this?” Sony asked. “Wait, are those my parents?” People started approaching Sony and David from different paths in the trees.

David nodded. Sony kept looking around and saw he sister and her best friend and David’s family.

“David what’s going on?” She turned back to David to see him down on one knee. She gasped as he pulled a ring from his jacket pocket.

“Sony, will you marry me?”

“Yes! Of course I wil!”

“Sony, will you marry me right now?”

“Right now? Right here?”

“Yes.”

Sony inhaled, eyes wide. “Yes! Yes I will!”

Sony was whisked off to change into a simple white dress then she and David exchanged vows under the beautiful leaves of central park.
Back to top Go down
Natty

Natty

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 12:20 pm

Nice chapter! It was lovely reading about couples who are actually in love with each and not afraid to say or show it!!!

Lynnea get your act together girl!

More soon please!!
Back to top Go down
sebbygirl

sebbygirl

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:35 pm

I'm with Natty, a really nice chapter. Isn't love grand!!!!

And, I have a street named after me. :lol!:

Rosemary
Back to top Go down
lynnealovesurs

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:47 pm

sebbygirl wrote:

And, I have a street named after me. :lol!:

Rosemary

Haha! I'm glad you noticed! I totally had this written before I started posting! What a coincidence!
Back to top Go down
lynnealovesurs

Goat

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Okay, so here it is. The last post! It's actually two chapters, but I realized that if I were to only post one I would have a war on my hands! I hope you guys enjoy!

Chapter 22

Lynnea opened her eyes to see the still dark room. She rolled to look at the clock that read 5:45. The sun would begin to rise soon. Lynnea looked to see Urs comfortably asleep next to her and suddenly there seemed to be a rock that dropped in her stomach and lump rose in her throat. What had she done?
Lynnea pulled herself out of bed slowly as to not wake Urs. She grabbed her pants and top from the floor and slipped them on. She padded swiftly across the floor and grabbed her wrap as the crept out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Urs awoke and rolled to his left to snuggle up with Lynnea again, but he met with an empty half of the bed. He opened her eyes and sat up, looking around the room. Urs leapt out of the bed and saw that Lynnea’s clothes were gone from the floor. His heart began to race as he considered that she could have left. He did think to check the rest room and the kitchenette, but she did not seem to be in the hotel room at all. Urs grabbed his pants off the floor and stepped out the door.

He peered down the boardwalk and then out across the beach. He still didn’t see anyone outside in the early morning light. He began to jog down the boardwalk in the direction of Lynnea’s room. He got to her door and pounded his fist against it. There was no answer. He looked out at the beach for her again. The light was growing and he thought he saw someone sitting out one the shore line.

He jogged toward it and realized that it was Lynnea. He slowed down and silently approached her from behind. Urs felt a little calmer that he had found Lynnea, but he still worried. Lynnea sat looking out at the water as the sun rose behind her pushing the sky through hues of blue and purple and pink and orange. Urs knelt behind her and slid his hands across her shoulders and then down her arms. He cocked his head and kissed her behind the ear.

Lynnea didn’t react at all as Urs had hoped. She didn’t sigh or tingle with pleasure. He heard the opposite of what he’d wanted. She sniffled and when he moved to kiss her chin and cheek he could taste the tears there. He whispered into her ear.

“Why are you crying, Mrs. Buhler?” He went back to kissing her neck again, still without positive reaction.
Lynnea wiped her tears with her sleeve, but couldn’t answer him. He moved to be seated next to her and slipped his arms around her waist. “I love you, Lynnea,” he said looking into her teary eyes.

Lynnea tried to pull away, but couldn’t get out of his grasp. She shook her head.

“Lynnea, tell me that you love me.” She tried to look away, but he pulled her face back to look at him. She began to cry even harder.

“Lynnea, I know that you love me. You showed me that last night.”

Lynnea began to choke on her tears and Urs held her face in his hands and pressed his lips to hers as he had many times the night before.

There was no kiss back this morning.

Lynnea pushed Urs away and stood up. She managed to choke out “No.” Urs stood as well and grabbed one of her hands.

“Stop it,” she told him.

He grabbed her around the waist and tried to kiss her again. “I said stop it!” She yelled slapping him across the face. He let her go right away.

“Oh my goodness, Urs. I’m so sorry.” Lynnea couldn’t believe she’d actually just hit him. After a moment she added, “I think I’d like to go home.” And with that Lynnea left for her room leaving Urs alone on the beach again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Urs got tickets for he and Lynnea for that afternoon and the newlyweds returned to their Swiss home five days early. They sat separately on the plane and didn’t speak at all as Urs drove out into the country. They entered the house to cries from Geneva. Lynnea went straight upstairs to comfort her daughter. Ruthie came out the kitchen and was utterly confused to see Urs home early.

“Urs, dear, why are you here. I didn’t expect you until Sunday.” She wrung her hands on a dish towel.

“Lynnea wanted to come home,” she said stonily. He grabbed his bags and started up the stairs.
“What went wrong, Urs?” Ruthie called after him.

“Not now Ruthie,” he ignored her.

~*~*~

That first night, Lynnea put Geneva to bed and Urs came into the room.

“Are you coming to bed?” he asked.

“Excuse me?” she questioned.

“Are you coming to bed?” he repeated.

“I’ll go to my bed.”

“No,” he said with finality. “You’re my wife. You’ll sleep with me now.”

Lynnea tried to object, but Urs cut her off quickly.

“You can’t pretend it didn’t happen, Lynnea. Change then come to bed.”

Lynnea did as he commanded and slipped into Urs’ king size bed next to him. He turned to her, kissed her on the cheek and said; “Good night dear,” then he turned out the lamp and went to sleep. He didn’t attempt to cuddle with Lynnea, but just slept next to her.

The next day Lynnea moved her things into Urs room and the guest room went back to being just that. Urs continued to insist on treating Lynnea as if they had a mutually loving relationship. He brought her flowers when he went into town and would caress her hand at the dinner table and sometimes kiss her as he left for bed.

Ruthie was utterly confused for she could see that the relationship was only one sided. For everything that Urs did to show Lynnea love, Lynnea returned only indifference.

About a month and a half after Urs and Lynnea returned from their honeymoon, the charade was still going on. Then Lynnea seemed to come down with a mysterious flu. She stayed in bed most mornings and Urs took care of her.

One evening, Lynnea came to bed in her silk nightgown that Sony and Cyd had given her for her wedding and she climbed in next to Urs. She returned the good-night kiss that Urs offered her and she laid down expecting Urs to turn off the light and do the same.

Urs didn’t turn off the light, but dimmed it to its lowest setting. Then Lynnea felt his hand on her hip then running down her leg. Then his body was parallel to her own. Her eyes shot open when she felt his lips on the back of her neck and his fingers slipping beneath the hem of her night gown.

Lynnea grabbed his hand and said, “Urs don’t.”

Urs pulled back his hand, but kept kissing her. Then he attempted to push a strap of the nightgown down her shoulder.

“I said don’t,” she repeated.

Again, Urs pulled his hand away but kept kissing her neck. After about a minute his hand snaked around her body and captured one of her breasts.

Lynnea elbowed him in the stomach and sat up. Flipping on her lamp she yelled, “How dare you touch me like that?”

Urs lay on his side trying to catch his breath. “You’re my wife,” he answered.

“So I have to give up the right to my body to you? I don’t think so.” She was still yelling.

“Lynnea, please don’t yell.”

“I will yell as much as I’d like to! You don’t control my life!”

Now Urs began to get angry as well. “I never said that I did,” he voice was now raised. “But, sometimes I have the desire to pleasure my wife.”

“Well she doesn’t want it from you!” Lynnea now referred to herself in third person.

“Well now you’re stuck with me Lynnea! You might as well try to like it and quit feeling sorry for yourself!”

“No! No Urs! I wish that I hadn’t married you! I wish that I’d never come back to you!...I wish that I had never met you in Las Vegas!” Lynnea violently spat out the words.

Urs didn’t react with words to that. He jumped out of bed, threw on a t-shirt, and changed into his riding jeans. Lynnea watched him stride across the room and throw open the bedroom door. Ruthie was right outside the door and she followed him down the stairs. Urs grabbed his leather jacket and went out the front door, slamming it behind him having completely ignored Ruthie’s questions and objections.

Urs jumped onto his motorcycle and sped out into the night.

Ruthie watched him depart from the front window then scurried back up the stairs to Lynnea. She found her in Geneva’s room cuddling the baby who’d awoken during the noisy fight.

“Lynnea, where is he going?” she asked with panic in her voice.

Lynnea stood at the crib holding Geneva. “I don’t know,” she answered indifferently.

“When is he coming back?”

“I don’t know and I don’t care.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning there was still no word or sign of Urs, until ten o’clock when the phone rang. Ruthie answered, but then called Lynnea to the receiver.

“Hello?”

“Yes, is this the wife of Urs Buhler of Bern, Switzerland?”

“Yes. Who am I speaking to?”

“I’m the overseeing doctor at the critical injury unit at the Bern Municipal Hospital. Your husband’s been involved in motorcycle accident. I’m sorry to tell you this Mrs. Buhler, but your husband may be in his final minutes…..”

Chapter 23

“I’m the overseeing doctor at the critical injury unit at the Bern Municipal Hospital. Your husband’s been involved in motorcycle accident. I’m sorry to tell you this Mrs. Buhler, but your husband may be in his final minutes…..”

Lynnea dropped the receiver. She didn’t bother to pick it up or to say goodbye to the doctor.

She flew to the front door to grab her shoes.

“What’s the trouble dear?” Ruthie asked from the hallway.

Lynnea knew better than to tell her. “Ruthie watch Gen. I have to go.”

Lynnea grabbed the car keys from the hook where Urs kept them. Lynnea hopped into the black car that Urs drove. Lynnea knew that her driving it would be illegal because she did not have a Swiss driver’s license, but she didn’t have a choice at this point.

She flew dashed down the driveway and had to remind herself at the main road that she needed to drive on the left side of the road. Thankfully not many cars were on this road at the moment and she hoped that she’d make it to the hospital in one piece.

Somehow she managed to get to the hospital. She parked the car in the emergency lane, not caring that it would towed away. She ran inside and frantically yelled to the receptionist for her husband. When the shocked receptionist didn’t respond she ran past her and through the doors that were meant to keep people out of the emergency hallway. She sprinted from room to room when finally a nurse caught her.

“Who are you looking for, honey?” The woman looking genuinely concerned.

“Urs Buhler,” Lynnea panted.

“Oh, motorcycle accident?” the kind nurse checked her clipboard. “This way.”

The nurse led her three rooms down. “This is it,” she said pushing the door open.

Lynnea followed her in to see a doctor checking beeping machines and flashing lights on monitors.

The wind rushed from Lynnea’s lungs and she felt herself stagger backwards. The nurse caught her and helped her to sit on the floor against the wall. The nurse knelt next to her and rubbed her arm.

“I’m so sorry, Mrs. Buhler.” The nurse gave Lynnea a quick hug. “Is there anything that I can do for you right now?”

Lynnea shook her head no.

The nurse stayed there a minute more then said, “I’m going to get you a glass of water, okay?”

Lynnea nodded as the nurse left. The doctor walked by and said rather cruelly, “I’ll give you a few minutes to say your last words to him.”

Lynnea didn’t dare to look up at the table where Urs lay under a thin white sheet. She inhaled deeply, but then choked as the wave of realization hit her and she completely broke down. Tears streamed down her face as the message played in her mind. She thought of Geneva and she remembered the secret that she hadn’t told Urs yet…

“Urs,” she whispered finally looking up at the table. “Urs, Urs please, don’t do this. Don’t leave me alone. I can’t do this by myself, Urs. Our little girl Urs, our Geneva she needs you. And our baby Urs, Geneva’s brother or sister, it needs you too.”

A sob rose in her throat as she put her hand to her stomach. It was the first time she’d spoken out loud about the baby that she was expecting-conceived on the night she’d spent with Urs on their honeymoon.

“And Urs…I need you too. Because…because I love you.” Lynnea began to stand up. “I love you, Urs.” She slowly started to walk towards the bed. So many cords and tubes were around the bed that she couldn’t even see his face.

“Please, please don’t leave me. I want to wake up next to you ever morning and sleep in your arms every night.”

Lynnea had come to the edge of the bed and extended her hand to the edge of the bed to caress the arm under the sheet. Before she could touch it a hand captured hers.

She gasped and looked up abruptly. See blinked as she looked into a pair of almond shaped eyes. She studied his face with its strong and mysterious jaw and the dark hair that curled under his ears. Lynnea stared at him not believing that her husband stood in front of her alive and holding her hand.

“Is it really you?” she whispered, afraid that if she spoke too loudly he would disappear.

He smiled down at her and she didn’t wait for an answer but acted before he had a chance to disappear. She threw her arms around him and thrust her lips onto his. His arms were already around her, his hands running over her back.

Lynnea never wanted to let go of him again. She broke the kiss but clung to him with all her might.

“Lynnea,” he murmured in her ear.

“Oh, Urs, I love you so much. I’m so sorry that I pushed you away. I-”

Urs cut her off with another soft kiss on her lips.

“All is forgiven,” he said.

“I thought you were gone.”

“No, I was in a minor accident. They brought me in for a quick check up and band aid,” he showed her the band aid on his elbow. “They got my file mixed up with another accident tonight.”

“Him,” Lynnea looked sadly at the man connected to all the machines.

“Yeah, I’m sorry to have scared you so much.”

“It doesn’t matter as long as you’re here now.”

They kissed yet again then Urs took her hand and led her out of the hospital room and through the crowded halls to small waiting room.

“What do you say we go home and tell Ruthie that we’re going on a second honeymoon?” Urs proposed to Lynnea.

“That sounds like a fabulous idea.” She smiled accepting a kiss.

“But only after we celebrate our baby,” he said reaching out to her stomach and caressing it with his finger tips. “How long have you known?”

“Only a week,” she answered.

He took her in his arms again and he told her the words of love that he’s wanted to say for months.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Urs and Lynnea spent a week in Costa Rica, but this time they acted as more normal newlyweds and didn’t see much of the beach or the sun but preferred there room and softness of each other’s arms. Seven months later they welcomed a son to their family and three years after another little girl. Urs continued in his success with Il Divo and Lynnea became an exclusive wedding planner for celebrity couples.

Urs and Lynnea lived at their house in the country side of Bern and their love grew everyday and never went back to Las Vegas again.
Back to top Go down
Natty

Natty

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 10:17 pm

YES!!! :cheers: She finally admitted her true feelings to Urs....too bad it took an accident for that to happen!

I don't fully understand why she was fighting her feelings, but all is well that ends well!

Great story Lynnea...thanks so much for sharing it with us! I hope you keep writing!!

Hugs
Natty
xx
Back to top Go down
sebbygirl

sebbygirl

Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 11:22 pm

Wow, you had me worried there for a minute Lynnea, but all ended up just great.

I sure hope you plan on sharing more of your writing with us... It is my pleasure to read what you write.

Oh, and I DO love happy endings. bounce bounce

Rosemary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waking Up in Vegas   Waking Up in Vegas - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waking Up in Vegas
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4